PDA

View Full Version : Sixers chokejob?

Sportfan
04-08-2012, 08:01 PM
Started 20-9 and had a conformable lead as the 3 seed into mid February. Getting beat down by Boston right now and about to go 9-18 since then and are now 8th in the east with Milwaukee a game back.

Considering how bad the middle/bottom of the East is, is this one of the biggest basketball in season chokes?

Slimsim
04-08-2012, 08:38 PM
****ed up season. I'm truly stun how bad Philly fell off

More-Than-Most
04-08-2012, 08:48 PM
not really a chokejob when your not that great to begin with. They are what they are right now and I am ok with this because I want a high pick.

reffahead
04-08-2012, 08:56 PM
A sky diver couldn't free fall better than Philly.

FraziersKnicks
04-08-2012, 08:58 PM
not really a chokejob when your not that great to begin with. They are what they are right now and I am ok with this because I want a high pick.

If you miss the playoffs (which I doubt you will) you won't miss it by much, which means you won't be in the running for a high pick. Lose/lose situation.

Ill21
04-08-2012, 08:59 PM

Classic signs of denial.

More-Than-Most
04-08-2012, 09:03 PM
Classic signs of denial.

back track my posts in the sixers forum and you would see I have said the same thing all year...I was excited when we were winning but from the beginning also hated it because we had and have 0 shot at the championship. Us winning is not the key to success...Losing/Getting better pick/Trade iggy/Wait for brand to expire while our kids grow is the recipe for success but our organization is moronic.

justinnum1
04-08-2012, 09:07 PM
sixers need to get back in that 7th seed so they can face miami, or drop to 8th if miami passes chicago;)

Beltrans Mole
04-08-2012, 09:12 PM
Philly was playing over their heads for the first half of the season. They have a solid core and they play good defense, but they don't have that "go-to guy" in the clutch...and that goes a long way in the playoffs. Even if they get the 7th or 8th seed, they will get run over in the first round.

NYsFinest
04-08-2012, 09:15 PM
with the bucks cupcake schedule and the improved play of the knicks... its sure starting to seem like the Sixers might be the odd team out. which is shocking considering how they started the season.

Baller1
04-08-2012, 09:16 PM
Crazy. Go Milwaukee.

Avenged
04-08-2012, 09:17 PM
They were a top seed not so long ago, and now there are talks about them hopefully missing the playoffs to get a high pick... Ouch.

Sadds The Gr8
04-08-2012, 09:18 PM
I've said all year that they weren't as good as their record was when they were winning. Same with Denver, but I'll cut them slack because they had injuries.

Crackadalic
04-08-2012, 09:27 PM
Didnt think the would fall all the way till 8th but theres still time though

ironman9518
04-08-2012, 09:39 PM
Isn't this like the 4th or 5th Sixers hate thread in the past two days???? The Sixers simply fell back down to Earth, they had the same team from last year which helped them out early with the lockout

xk4
04-08-2012, 09:44 PM
I'm not really a fan, but it sucks watching them fall so quickly. Just missing the playoffs is about the worst spot you can be in

On the other hand, it would be cool to see Milwaukee make some noise in the playoffs. Same teams every year gets boring

Knicksfan1984
04-08-2012, 09:45 PM
Started 20-9 and had a conformable lead as the 3 seed into mid February. Getting beat down by Boston right now and about to go 9-18 since then and are now 8th in the east with Milwaukee a game back.

Considering how bad the middle/bottom of the East is, is this one of the biggest basketball in season chokes?

us knicks fans make the best trolls on this site right bro?

lets make a Heat thread next

SMH!
04-08-2012, 09:50 PM
We just had a benefit of a easy schedule early on, and lately we just suck, nothing to explain, we just stink

Ill21
04-08-2012, 10:02 PM
back track my posts in the sixers forum and you would see I have said the same thing all year...I was excited when we were winning but from the beginning also hated it because we had and have 0 shot at the championship. Us winning is not the key to success...Losing/Getting better pick/Trade iggy/Wait for brand to expire while our kids grow is the recipe for success but our organization is moronic.

i agree. you guys def have a solid core around Jrue, Turner, Vucevic, Meeks and a few others.

torocan
04-08-2012, 11:04 PM
The 76ers have been punching above their weight for some time.

-No substantial roster changes from last year (no training camp/compressed schedule)
-Easy schedule for the first half of the season
-Fairly young roster
-Doug Collins as the coach (strong defensive philosophy)

Unfortunately for the 76ers, the coach can only do so much with the talent you have. Strong enough to clobber sub-500 teams, but getting clobbered by .500+ teams.

Don't get too down though, it's possible the Magic will get bumped out before the 76ers do. The Magic just has too much crap going on at the moment. Divided locker room, Dwightgate, Anderson/Turk out, Dwight with back spasms... too much stuff happening at the worst possible time.

76ers with a little luck should stay in the playoffs, though wouldn't count on getting back above 7/8 right now. Boston is playing beast ball at the moment and not looking to give up any easy games.

DragonJaii
04-08-2012, 11:19 PM
with the bucks cupcake schedule and the improved play of the knicks... its sure starting to seem like the Sixers might be the odd team out. which is shocking considering how they started the season.

knicks can still miss the playoffs. tough schedule ahead.

mjt20mik
04-08-2012, 11:19 PM
Lol is this NY fans vs Philly fans?

They play defense well, they are just missing a piece or two. I honestly think if they got a good scoring option at the 2, they will be a very interesting and tough team to play next year.

It's not like they have 2 all-stars (one of them a potential superstar) and at .500

THE MTL
04-09-2012, 02:02 AM
Wow have the mighty have fallen! Still with such a huge lead to begin the season. They were 2nd in the conference at one point. I didnt think they could fall off so much.

shep33
04-09-2012, 02:25 AM
Well the good news is they have a lot of nice pieces they can deal. I was really pushing for them to make a deal at the deadline.

smood999
04-09-2012, 02:28 AM
I've said all year that they weren't as good as their record was when they were winning. Same with Denver, but I'll cut them slack because they had injuries.

this...im not surprised at all...didnt think it would come to possibly not making the playoffs though...but def thought of them as 7th or 8th seed...im just shocked at the amount of praise theyve gotten throughout the yr...even when it was clear they were coming back down to earth before the all star break...

willabeast77
04-09-2012, 12:25 PM
This isn't too much a surprise for me. They had a favorable schedule to start the season and now they're getting what they deserve. If they dont make the playoffs, Doug Collins should get fired and they should try rebuilding. It's obvious Iguodala does not want to be there.

Alayla
04-11-2012, 03:25 AM
****ed up season. I'm truly stun how bad Philly fell off

You've houstly belived in the sixers more then sixers fans do its sort of funny