PDA

View Full Version : Spurs vs Nuggets ?? who wins.

smith&wesson
04-08-2012, 07:13 PM
If the playoffs started today and the spurs face the nuggets in the first round could there be a potential upset ??

spurs have been balling this year with out a doubt. gotta give credit where its due. But the spurs did pretty well last season in the reg season as well and then ran in to some trouble vs a much younger memphis team.

is a potential 8th seed upset over the 1st seed possible ?? I imagine the nuggets were adjusting to the additions of w.chandler & mgGee.. they are young and very deep and could pose problems in a 7 game series.

thoughts ?

FraziersKnicks
04-08-2012, 07:22 PM
Spurs in 5

BirdIsTheWord
04-08-2012, 07:24 PM
Spurs. If they didn't start today and Chandler and Gallo were back? Still Spurs.

SportsFanatic10
04-08-2012, 07:26 PM
gotta say spurs in 5 maybe 6

smith&wesson
04-08-2012, 07:31 PM
again i give spurs credit for playing soo well in the reg season .. but on paper the nuggets match up pretty imo and might be able to push the series to 6-7 games maybe

Baller1
04-08-2012, 07:31 PM
Spurs would sweep.

smith&wesson
04-08-2012, 07:37 PM
Spurs would sweep.

sig bet ?

TrueFan420
04-08-2012, 08:29 PM
spurs would win but its a tough fought series

smith&wesson
04-08-2012, 08:40 PM
spurs would win but its a tough fought series

i agree, thats what im predicting as well. should be an interesting first round match up.

Bruno
04-08-2012, 09:54 PM
Spurs. They have the best players in the series, and they are the best coached team in the league along with Chicago. I'd take Spurs in five, maybe six because of Denvers depth (and lack of a standout).

Evolution23
04-08-2012, 09:57 PM
Is this a serious question?

M.Bibby2.0
04-08-2012, 10:15 PM
The difference between Duncan's and McGees BBIQ can't even be quantified.

LakersIn5
04-08-2012, 10:28 PM
grizz matched up well with the spurs last season, the nuggets dont. and like i said before you need to have a go to guy/all star to win in the playoffs not just 10 good players. also to add nuggets best asset is their depth but the spurs are also god damn deep.

and suns take the 8th seed :D

xk4
04-08-2012, 10:30 PM
But the spurs did pretty well last season in the reg season as well and then ran in to some trouble vs a much younger memphis team.

Way to ignore the fact that Ginobli was out

Chronz
04-08-2012, 11:24 PM
Just like last year, is Manu healthy

mjt20mik
04-08-2012, 11:26 PM
Spurs win in 5. I think the Nuggets can steal one at home. The Spurs are meant for the playoffs, they go into another gear. And IF they are healthy, it is going to be very interesting for any team that plays them.

Bruno
04-08-2012, 11:43 PM

that too. although his numbers vs Memphis were still pretty damn good in the five games he played.

AIRMAR72
04-08-2012, 11:45 PM
spurs are playing well but there is NO substitute for youth and energy ADVANTAGE nuggets

Bruno
04-08-2012, 11:53 PM
spurs are playing well but there is NO substitute for youth and energy ADVANTAGE nuggets

youth and energy, but youth and energy without home court, or an elite go to player.

setman2000
04-08-2012, 11:56 PM
The only current playoff teams the Nuggets would have a shot at beating would be the 2 LA teams. Anyone else they lose to IMO.

BallIsAll
04-09-2012, 01:45 AM
youth and energy, but youth and energy without home court, or an elite go to player.

And who's the spurs go to? Please don't say Timmy

Ebbs
04-09-2012, 01:48 AM
Spurs in 5

Sadds The Gr8
04-09-2012, 01:49 AM
I'd like the Nuggets chances alot more with Nene.

Giraffes Rule
04-09-2012, 02:01 AM

Tony Parker or Manu Ginobili or Tim Duncan. Probably Tony Parker most of the time though. And if you don't think Tony Parker is legit then you haven't watched him enough this year. He's slammed the door shut on multiple occasions, including tonight.

TeamSeattle
04-09-2012, 02:35 AM

That's the same thing I said when I read it. The answer is obvious as lebron chokin in the 4th.

Baller1
04-09-2012, 02:40 AM

Parker and Manu can both be go-to scorers. And Duncan on certain occasions.

smith&wesson
04-10-2012, 01:52 AM
Spurs. They have the best players in the series, and they are the best coached team in the league along with Chicago. I'd take Spurs in five, maybe six because of Denvers depth (and lack of a standout).

pops is my fav coach in the league cant argue with you there.

yes

The difference between Duncan's and McGees BBIQ can't even be quantified.

true but lets not act like duncan is still super star duncan. he has slowed down alot. Mcgee gets alot of heat but the guy is still a beast at shot blocking

grizz matched up well with the spurs last season, the nuggets dont. and like i said before you need to have a go to guy/all star to win in the playoffs not just 10 good players. also to add nuggets best asset is their depth but the spurs are also god damn deep.

and suns take the 8th seed :D

well no one would have bet on the grizz to win last season.. but they won right.

i agree it will be tough and the spurs do have a good bench as well.

Way to ignore the fact that Ginobli was out

not ingoring it. he wasnt out though. he was playing. and also lets not ingore the fact that gallo and chandler are out as well.

x factor.

that too. although his numbers vs Memphis were still pretty damn good in the five games he played.

true

something alot of ppl are ignoring.

I'd like the Nuggets chances alot more with Nene.

no doubt. nene's ability to score down low would have been a threat for sure.

That's the same thing I said when I read it. The answer is obvious as lebron chokin in the 4th.

if the answer is soo obvious why dont you sig bet me. if the nuggets lose with in 4-5 games i will rock a sig of your choice. but if they dont you rock a sig of my choice ?? you down for that mr too obvious ?

spurs4#5
04-10-2012, 02:55 AM
If anyone in here thinks what happened last year has any effect on this years playoffs should probably stop watching basketball cuz ur ********...i love how people point out that Denver is young and just forget that spurs are young too...i think people should stop watching ESPN but if u can't stop watching it refrain from listening to Stephen a. Smith cuz a lot of talk sound just like him....spurs would win in 5

spurs4#5
04-10-2012, 03:00 AM

Duncan is playing at the same level he was playing at in 2005...and plus who on the nuggets can stop Duncan?

DaBear
04-10-2012, 03:06 AM
I don't think the Spurs will lose in the first round this year. I'll say that much.

smith&wesson
04-10-2012, 03:10 AM
If anyone in here thinks what happened last year has any effect on this years playoffs should probably stop watching basketball cuz ur ********...i love how people point out that Denver is young and just forget that spurs are young too...i think people should stop watching ESPN but if u can't stop watching it refrain from listening to Stephen a. Smith cuz a lot of talk sound just like him....spurs would win in 5

we dont have espn in canada bro. and i hate s.smith.

if i were to tell you the grizz would pull an upset on the spurs last year you probably would have called me ******** then too.

Duncan is playing at the same level he was playing at in 2005...and plus who on the nuggets can stop Duncan?

maybe you should do some research my man. no disrespect but mabye your a bit off.

duncans stats 2004-05
20.3 ppg 11.1 rpg 2.7 apg 2.6 bpg

duncan this season
15 ppg 9.2 rpg 2.4 apg 1.5 bpg

he is no scrub this year. but to say he is on par with his 05 statement is a bit of a streatch

spurs4#5
04-10-2012, 03:16 AM
we dont have espn in canada bro. and i hate s.smith.

if i were to tell you the grizz would pull an upset on the spurs last year you probably would have called me ******** then too.

maybe you should do some research my man. no disrespect but maye your a bit off.

duncans stats 2004-05
20.3 ppg 11.1 rpg 2.7 apg 2.6 bpg

duncan this season
15 ppg 9.2 rpg 2.4 apg 1.5 bpg

he is no scrub this year. but to say he is on par with his 05 statement is a bit of a streatch

of course his numbers r down he's playing less...the guy is rejuvenated...when the playoffs get here he'll be playing 33-36 minutes a game instead of only playing 26-29 minutes a game...and u also have to account for all the blowouts where he has sat out the whole entir

spurs4#5
04-10-2012, 03:16 AM
4th quarter

spurs4#5
04-10-2012, 03:18 AM
ESPN and Stephen a. Smith was meant in general for over looking the fact that the spurs are young also...and no I knew we were in trouble last year in the playoffs..the grizz handled us in the regular season and we were going into the playoffs with ginobili having a broken elbow

UnWantedTheory
04-10-2012, 04:03 AM
Los ****ing Spurs.

Chronz
04-10-2012, 11:46 AM

Well he played great but I still think he could have played better, could be wishful thinking tho

SugeKnight
04-10-2012, 11:54 AM
Memphis beat San Antonio because of their size. Gasol and Randolph >>>>> McGee and Faried. Memphis shouldn't have been an eight seed anyway. Way too talented