PDA

View Full Version : What Happened to Philly

Slimsim
04-07-2012, 11:38 PM
They are right in the mix between a three way show down between NY and the Milwaukee

Cubby
04-07-2012, 11:51 PM
God, please let the Bulls play the Bucks in the first round.

DragonJaii
04-07-2012, 11:56 PM
Was never high on philly, they just back to earth.

justinnum1
04-08-2012, 12:02 AM
get that 7th seed philly:)

Lim
04-08-2012, 12:39 AM
they were never as good as the 20-9 start indicated. reason they got off to a hot start was because they kept the same roster from last season giving them a big advantage because of little to no training camp, almost their whole roster is young, another advantage for a lockout season, and their schedule was ridiculously soft with tons of home games.

Chronz
04-08-2012, 12:41 AM
Its got to be a record how many close games they've lost. Still way better than all of the teams you mentioned

Raph12
04-08-2012, 01:01 AM
They're 0-8 in games that ended with a 4pt (or less) deficit; they need a closer and that offense is just ugly.

sixer04fan
04-08-2012, 02:12 AM
get that 7th seed philly:)

**** that. I'm praying for the 8th seed if we don't win the division.

No disrespect to the Bulls, they are a great team. But I'd still rather play them than Miami again. At least we'd have a prayer against Chicago, we've seemed to match up pretty well against them the last 2 years, even though they're so good.

If we get the 7 seed and play Miami, there's really no point of even bothering to watch the series haha.

SMH!
04-08-2012, 02:16 AM
Please no Miami, they would **** on us first round

jammastershake
04-08-2012, 02:34 AM
At this point i'm kinda rooting for the lottery.

Chronz
04-08-2012, 02:35 AM
They're 0-8 in games that ended with a 4pt (or less) deficit; they need a closer and that offense is just ugly.
Youve seen the #s, its their D that falls off a cliff

bholly
04-08-2012, 02:55 AM
Rooting for anything but the 7th seed, really. No interest in a first round matchup with Miami - we just don't matchup well against them. If we can't win the division (which looks like a slim prospect now), my heart wants to see what we can do vs Chicago, but my head thinks the best thing would be the lottery, if only because it'll be the wakeup call the FO and ownership need.

Raph12
04-08-2012, 03:47 AM

Yes but as I was watching them today against the Magic, when the Magic made a push and hit some big shots late (Redick sort of coming alive and Dwight hitting big FTs); they could do nothing to respond and didn't have anywhere to go. At the end of the first half, Collins drew up a play where they'd get Iggy on an iso with Dwight guarding after a pnr; Iggy tried to cross him over and attack him but ended up just chucking a wild fadeaway shot that got blocked. They just don't have anyone to go to in order to close the game out or get to the FT line... Their defense has dropped off in the clutch statistically, but I didn't see anything to warrant a lack of effort tonight.

I need to watch them more, but scoring 7pts against the Raps in the 4th the other night and struggling again, on both ends, tonight in the 4th has me questioning their offense and defense in the clutch.

smith&wesson
04-08-2012, 03:54 AM
i wouldnt sleap on the 76ers. they can be a dark horse in the playoffs. they have lost some pretty close games. in a 7 game series they wont be soo unlucky.

UKblazers
04-08-2012, 04:52 AM
They run great sets but their personnel doesn't win enough individual match ups on offense. I haven't really seen Turner this year but maybe he could take some of the late game burden from Lou.

Eagles710
04-08-2012, 05:18 AM
If we play the bulls i actually like our chances.... If we play miami, im not watching the playoffs lol

Clocian
04-08-2012, 05:30 AM
knicks and philly wanna play us. not indy, magic or the other teams...the bulls. no respect I tell ya but it's all good, bring it.

flclfanman
04-08-2012, 05:38 AM
Either they are in one hell of a shortened-season funk or they've tuned out Collins.

Either way, GET YOUR **** TOGETHER PHILLY, I need somebody to make Miami work to get to the ECF :mad:

Geek
04-08-2012, 06:08 AM
Because they suck *** in the 2nd half of games

bholly
04-08-2012, 07:13 AM
knicks and philly wanna play us. not indy, magic or the other teams...the bulls. no respect I tell ya but it's all good, bring it.

lol, you're joking, right? Of course we'd rather play Indy, Atlanta, Orlando, etc. It just isn't happening. When people say they'd rather face the Bulls, they mean rather than face Miami, those other teams are nothing to do with it.
People are so desperate to be 'disrespected'. The Bulls are favourites. Frontrunners. Live with it.

PhillyFaninLA
04-08-2012, 07:30 AM
At this point i'm kinda rooting for the lottery.

Burn your fan card, not real fan roots for loses only losers do.

Playoffs are always better. Winning always beats losing.

xxplayerxx23
04-08-2012, 10:20 AM
They ****ing suck lol Just kidding, I really dont know, yes there offense isnt great but that defense should of held them to some key wins, There in trouble now, Knicks own the tiebreaker, they have to win sundays game or they can be in trouble and miss out on the playoffs, same boat as the knicks IMO all games are must wins, Philly has a semi easy finish but still have boston and MIL i think,

FraziersKnicks
04-08-2012, 10:34 AM
They're historically bad in the 4th quarter

knicksfan42
04-08-2012, 10:54 AM

They are saying (realistically) they would rather play Chicago than Miami. Obviously both the Knicks and the 76ers would rather play the Pacers in the 1st round its just extremely unlikely it will happen.

Chronz
04-08-2012, 12:15 PM

Yes but as I was watching them today against the Magic, when the Magic made a push and hit some big shots late (Redick sort of coming alive and Dwight hitting big FTs); they could do nothing to respond and didn't have anywhere to go. At the end of the first half, Collins drew up a play where they'd get Iggy on an iso with Dwight guarding after a pnr; Iggy tried to cross him over and attack him but ended up just chucking a wild fadeaway shot that got blocked. They just don't have anyone to go to in order to close the game out or get to the FT line... Their defense has dropped off in the clutch statistically, but I didn't see anything to warrant a lack of effort tonight.

I need to watch them more, but scoring 7pts against the Raps in the 4th the other night and struggling again, on both ends, tonight in the 4th has me questioning their offense and defense in the clutch.
I saw the game, Reddick went off in the 4th and didn't Dwight just hit and miss? I recall him starting off on fire from the line only to finally start missing at the end.

As for Philly their offense is always meh, so if by closer you mean another good offensive player then that would help them avoid much of these close games, but there is no denying their defense falling apart is the biggest problem in those situations.

PacersForLife
04-08-2012, 12:23 PM
lol, you're joking, right? Of course we'd rather play Indy, Atlanta, Orlando, etc. It just isn't happening. When people say they'd rather face the Bulls, they mean rather than face Miami, those other teams are nothing to do with it.
People are so desperate to be 'disrespected'. The Bulls are favourites. Frontrunners. Live with it.

They are saying (realistically) they would rather play Chicago than Miami. Obviously both the Knicks and the 76ers would rather play the Pacers in the 1st round its just extremely unlikely it will happen.

And we will happily take the 76ers. :)

MTL_123
04-08-2012, 12:36 PM
lol u philly fans are jokes im dieing lol *If we play miami, im not watching the playoffs lol *

ChitownSports16
04-08-2012, 12:54 PM
Like Heat fans like to say.... They saving there "other gear" for The play-offs.
Oh wait... The Heat is the only team that has that "other gear".

xxplayerxx23
04-08-2012, 12:56 PM
And we will happily take the 76ers. :)

why not the knicks :cry:

2-ONE-5
04-08-2012, 12:59 PM
a team that plays this good of defense and turns it over so little should be in a better position right now. Still just 2 behind Boston with 2 games left with them including tonight. Win tonight and the season can still be salvaged. A loss has the playoffs in question

More-Than-Most
04-08-2012, 01:16 PM
been saying it from the beginning the best route is to tank and get a lottery pick while trading away Iggy and waiting for brand to expire... To bad our front office is morons.

TrueFan420
04-08-2012, 08:33 PM
idk but i hope they dont drop out of the playoffs

Alayla
04-11-2012, 03:14 AM
lol u philly fans are jokes im dieing lol *If we play miami, im not watching the playoffs lol *

.I don't know about the others but id wacth us play you and root my *** off I'm not as afiard of miami as everyone else sure we don't macth up well with you guys but you never know