PDA

View Full Version : Dwight want Brian Shaw to coach(or Michael Malone)

MagicBucsSox
04-07-2012, 08:17 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/07/report-howard-wanted-brian-shaw-or-michael-malone-to-replace-van-gundy/

From Bright House Sports Network’s David Baumann:
Multiple sources close to Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard told Bright House Sports Network’s David Baumann that prior to the season, Howard indicated that he preferred the Magic would have hired Indiana Pacers associate head coach*Brian Shaw*or Golden State Warriors assistant coach*Michael Malone*to replace current Magic head coach Stan Van Gundy.

Shaw is a former NBA guard who was an assistant coach with the Lakers for 7 years, and hence has more experience with Tex Winter’s legendary triple-post offense than all but a few coaches out there. Shaw is currently an assistant coach with the Pacers. Michael Malone, the son of Brendan Malone, is one of the best-respected assistant coaches in the league, and has been an assistant coach with the Cavaliers and Hornets. He is currently an assistant coach with the Golden State Warriors.
Kevin Samples, Howard’s manager and cousin, had this to say when asked about the coaching situation:
*”Dwight has nothing to do with the coach situation,” according to Kevin Samples, Howard’s manager. *When asked why a coaching change wasn’t made after the Magic were bounced in the first round of the playoffs last season, Samples said, “That’s a great question. *You’ll have to ask Otis (Smith).”
It certainly doesn’t seem like Dwight’s management team has a vested interest in Van Gundy keeping his job. We will, of course, continue to keep you updated on this soap opera as updates keep coming in.

MagicBucsSox
04-07-2012, 08:25 PM
Finally a smart suggestion from him. Can't say he'd be great bc obviously he's never run the ship. But he's one the top asst coachs out and learned first hand from the greatest

justinnum1
04-07-2012, 08:37 PM
and if he doesnt get along with shaw, does he fire him too?

Mcdoh
04-07-2012, 08:44 PM
we could give him mike brown.. :D

BKLYNpigeon
04-07-2012, 09:11 PM
STUPID, you cant have a player dictate your franchise and allows him to choose a coach.

Theres a hierarchy in the NBA, Ownership - Front Office - Coach - then players.

naps
04-07-2012, 09:13 PM
What else does Dwight want? Keep 'em coming Mr. Scumbag.

MagicBucsSox
04-07-2012, 09:24 PM
STUPID, you cant have a player dictate your franchise and allows him to choose a coach.

Ok Kobe chose coach k to la, la interviewed him and all. coach k just decided not to go. So this isn't a new trend move on. Shaq chose Riley out the office. On n on

effen5
04-07-2012, 09:26 PM
Orlando needs to get rid of Dwight Howard asap....I actually feel bad for the next team that gets him....hes going to ruin that franchise too.

k.smith904
04-07-2012, 09:28 PM
Ok Kobe chose coach k to la, la interviewed him and all. coach k just decided not to go. So this isn't a new trend move on. Shaq chose Riley out the office. On n on

bron got mike brown out of cleveland, etc.

effen5
04-07-2012, 09:31 PM
Seriously the NBA is a big ****in joke....Theres only a hand full of superstars I can root for...Rose and Durant and then theres everyone else.

The players are so ****in spoiled right now and they dictate everything. This is ridiculous.

DerekRE_3
04-07-2012, 09:37 PM
I think Dwight should run the draft for them this year. He can coach the summer league team too.

Cal827
04-07-2012, 09:48 PM
Seriously the NBA is a big ****in joke....Theres only a hand full of superstars I can root for...Rose and Durant and then theres everyone else.

The players are so ****in spoiled right now and they dictate everything. This is ridiculous.

This. I wish it was like the other sports, where 99% of the time, they dump the player's *** on the street.

MagicBucsSox
04-07-2012, 09:49 PM

Lmao what can Rose or Durant possibly complain about? They have talent around them, especially Durant. They never been in a situation to complain so u root for them because.............

Cal827
04-07-2012, 09:51 PM
I think Dwight should run the draft for them this year. He can coach the summer league team too.

He's not exactly the brightest of the bunch... I can see the draft going like this:

With the 2nd pick of the NBA draft, the New Jersey Nets are proud to select.. Dwight, why are you walking on stage

Dwight: I'm making the pick, don't worry Jay, I got you.

Jay-z: You aren't on the ****ing Nets, you ****ing Idiot!!

k.smith904
04-07-2012, 09:52 PM
Lmao what can Rose or Durant possibly complain about? They have talent around them, especially Durant. They never been in a situation to complain so u root for them because.............

Yeah it couldn't possibly be attributed to having class and being a geniunely decent human being.

MagicBucsSox
04-07-2012, 09:55 PM
Yeah it couldn't possibly be attributed to having class and being a geniunely decent human being.

Omg get off your high horse, Rose has a team. Good enough they win without him and through injury. Same with Durant. So they have nothing to complain or act out about. Class has nothing to do with this.

Cal827
04-07-2012, 09:56 PM

Although I think they will be like that for the rest of their careers, we can't assume they won't turn too.. Lol I remember a time when Dwight was like them: decent, kind, loyal... and now look at this s*itstrom he's created.

sunsfan88
04-07-2012, 09:59 PM
Dwight says he doesn't like the term "Magic." He wants them to change it to Orlando Supermen because of his "superman" status etc.

shep33
04-07-2012, 10:00 PM
He has to realize that Shaw isn't a push-around. Shaw tells Kobe straight up when he's messing up.

He's very critical at times. If that's what he's looking for, then its cool. Shaw is awesome

MagicBucsSox
04-07-2012, 10:07 PM
He has to realize that Shaw isn't a push-around. Shaw tells Kobe straight up when he's messing up.

He's very critical at times. If that's what he's looking for, then its cool. Shaw is awesome

I think he like Shaws experience asin he actually played. Won a title or 2,3. And was Yoda'd but the Zen master himself. But like I said before none h
That matters if we have one talented player. Nor Pop, red or Phil would win anything with this roster or GM for that matter

shep33
04-07-2012, 10:10 PM
I think he like Shaws experience asin he actually played. Won a title or 2,3. And was Yoda'd but the Zen master himself. But like I said before none h
That matters if we have one talented player. Nor Pop, red or Phil would win anything with this roster or GM for that matter

That's true. SVG is pretty much gone. Shaw would be a great replacement. But your right, roster needs fixing

effen5
04-07-2012, 10:13 PM

Dwight was JUST in the finals a few years ago...he had talent but hes just a terrible leader.

Heres the difference between Rose and Dwight....Dwight tells management he wants his coach fired, Dwight tells management "Get Agent 0" get that guy get this guy....

Rose? He won't recruit a guy or tell management to get a guy....he knows thats Garpax's job and he KNOWS that management will do whats best for the team.

TheWhiteMamba
04-07-2012, 10:13 PM
So Dwight wants Shaw to coach him till the trade deadline or just for a year before he bolts elsewhere?

Bin Laden
04-07-2012, 10:14 PM
He should've said hire Kareem Abdul-Jabaar to teach his offensively challenged self some post moves

TheWhiteMamba
04-07-2012, 10:14 PM
Dwight was JUST in the finals a few years ago...he has talent but hes just a terrible leader.

Heres the difference between Rose and Dwight....Dwight tells management he wants his coach fired, Dwight tells management "Get Agent 0" get that guy get this guy....

Rose? He won't recruit a guy or tell management to get a guy....he knows thats Garpax's job and he KNOWS that management will do whats best for the team.

Exactly. I didnt hear Rose complain to management about ****ing Vinny Del Negro.

MagicBucsSox
04-07-2012, 10:16 PM
Dwight was JUST in the finals a few years ago...he has talent but hes just a terrible leader.

That's my point exactly Einstein.

Yea he was in the finals and did u watch it? SVG killed the chemistry playing Nelson over Alston, who then leaves fisher open, man don't get me started on that.

And he never said go get Agent 0 that was Otis' doing. No one else match Lewis' salary. Howard wanted paul. Don't talk bout my team when u have 0 knowledge of them

Cal827
04-07-2012, 10:20 PM
This Just in. Howard wants to hire a personal asss kisser for each separate time-out in the game, and wants it to come out of Stan Van Gundy's Salary; Argues that this move goes towards "spreading the word of god".

MagicBucsSox
04-07-2012, 10:23 PM
Exactly. I didnt hear Rose complain to management about ****ing Vinny Del Negro.

Lmao rose was a nobody to complain then to say anything. Like ppl need to get off rose nuts.

D12 fan
04-07-2012, 10:34 PM
Shaw would be a great hire,but Orlando doesn't have the right players to run the triangle.

ThuglifeJ
04-07-2012, 10:42 PM

I agree. I cant even force myself to root for these piece of *****. I miss how fun it was to root for AI, Vince, Tmac n them. They had some actual swagger that made it entertaining

Raph12
04-07-2012, 11:14 PM
Wanting a caoching change isn't new, alot of franchise players have asked for it throughout our league's history... Dwight being a flip-flopper and blatantly lying on national TV is the only news.

GoPacers33
04-07-2012, 11:17 PM
You can't have Shaw he's ours :)

Meaze_Gibson
04-07-2012, 11:28 PM
That's my point exactly Einstein.

Yea he was in the finals and did u watch it? SVG killed the chemistry playing Nelson over Alston, who then leaves fisher open, man don't get me started on that.

And he never said go get Agent 0 that was Otis' doing. No one else match Lewis' salary. Howard wanted paul. Don't talk bout my team when u have 0 knowledge of them

I never Got this point of view from Magic fans. Alston was an inconsistent player all playoffs and played real scared in the first two nba finals games. When Jameer got in game during second quarter game 1 he rallied them. When
alston got in game to start again in 3rd quarter it lead to a blowout.

It wasn't Van gundy's fault that he drew up a great play and courtney lee missed the point blank layup for the win in game 2. It wasn't van gundy's fault that Rashard disappeared game 1 and game 4(both Losses). Explain to me please how the NBA Finals was on Van Gundy.

MagicBucsSox
04-07-2012, 11:52 PM
I never Got this point of view from Magic fans. Alston was an inconsistent player all playoffs and played real scared in the first two nba finals games. When Jameer got in game during second quarter game 1 he rallied them. When
alston got in game to start again in 3rd quarter it lead to a blowout.

It wasn't Van gundy's fault that he drew up a great play and courtney lee missed the point blank layup for the win in game 2. It wasn't van gundy's fault that Rashard disappeared game 1 and game 4(both Losses). Explain to me please how the NBA Finals was on Van Gundy.

No clue. First off everyone remembers the 2nd miss by Lee(which was goaltenders BR Gasol not called). But that was at the buzzer. With 8secs left him missed a wide open layup which would've sealed it. Skip made plays for Orlando ESP vs cle & bos. He created for others. And was tough. The team was clutch and had chemistry. Then SVG puts this bum Nelson in half injured .....man don't get me started. Especially the clinch game he doesn't but a bigger guy on Fisher who Nelson leaves scopin open ........
Nvm

DaBear
04-08-2012, 12:01 AM
I wish the Nets grew a pair and said no to Howard so he can get ****ed. If things don't go right there (and NJ is not close to being a contender), he's going to do the same there as well.

Meaze_Gibson
04-08-2012, 12:06 AM
No clue. First off everyone remembers the 2nd miss by Lee(which was goaltenders BR Gasol not called). But that was at the buzzer. With 8secs left him missed a wide open layup which would've sealed it. Skip made plays for Orlando ESP vs cle & bos. He created for others. And was tough. The team was clutch and had chemistry. Then SVG puts this bum Nelson in half injured .....man don't get me started. Especially the clinch game he doesn't but a bigger guy on Fisher who Nelson leaves scopin open ........
Nvm

I hate to keep bringin back old wounds but i thought van gundy did a great job of getting his team in a position to win. Game 2 they win if courtney hits the layup. Game 3 they won. Game 4 they win if Dwight hits a free throw with 5 secs left. Damn near every 3rd quarter with Alston on floor they got blew out while Jameer was keeping them in the game with his penetration. Jameer wasnt shooting well but was simply playing more confident and the offense looked better with him on the court. Van Gundy coached his butt off to me during the Finals with what he had.

KB24PG16
04-08-2012, 12:39 AM
if im shaw im not going to orlando to coach dwight

Teeboy1487
04-08-2012, 12:51 AM
The triangle would be a great offense for Dwight and the 3 pt shooters in Orlando. Shaw would be an excellent fit there.

SugeKnight
04-08-2012, 02:23 AM
Please don't take Malone from my warriors

D12 fan
04-08-2012, 11:03 AM
if im shaw im not going to orlando to coach dwight

Quit being bitter,you got Mike Brown,deal with it.:cry:

waveycrockett
04-08-2012, 11:16 AM
Not even Kobe Chose his coach this is nuts.

JayW_1023
04-08-2012, 11:17 AM
Dwight clearly doesnt like the responsibility that comes with being his teams top player. He doesn't set the right example for his teammates, and this will not only hurt his career now, but for the long haul as well. The best players in the league are the ones who allow themselves to be coached. Tim Duncan, Dirk, KG...those guys have won a championship because of that. Rose and Durant are young players who are elite talents but allow themselves to be coached as well.

Dwight Howard is the definition of a poor leader, and changing teams or coaches isn't going to change that. Teammates don't want to follow a player who acts like a self centered PRICK.

So I'm taking SVG's side. At least he can show off his dribbles and still act as if it's the most ordinary thing in the world, resuming his lecture. Stan is the man: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-GoR28LILo&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL03F8C04A31BD0CE5

He is a better ball-handler than Dwight, ferchrissakes.

The Final Boss
04-08-2012, 11:34 AM
Dwight Howard in the Triangle Offense? :laugh:

otwisted
04-08-2012, 11:56 AM

Not when you have $15+ million per season invested in a player vs. $2-5 million in a coach.

effen5
04-08-2012, 12:38 PM

This is exactly how the Bulls are built which is why I love this team.