PDA

View Full Version : Are you sold on the Spurs?

Longhornfan1234
04-06-2012, 10:17 PM
I'm not sure if they're contenders to go to the Finals.

I think the Lakers and Memphis bigs will be too much for the Spurs.

Thoughts?

justinnum1
04-06-2012, 10:18 PM
2 things, yes, the spurs are legit, but if they face memphis in the 2nd round i dont think they can win, and mozel tov for not mentioning wade.

Iron24th
04-06-2012, 10:20 PM
They're deep and experienced,yes they're a big threat.

iliketurtles24
04-06-2012, 10:35 PM
im not completely sold, i am willing to have my opinion changed once playoffs roll around though.

Blitzbolt
04-06-2012, 10:35 PM
I think even if they Take us down we (Grizzlies)will take out some of their players with us due to injury's but it won't be anything dirty.We are known for injury Big players for example Bynum Haslem and even Mcdyess/Collinson in the playoffs last year.
I have not see them yet since the JAX/Diaw additions so I don't know how good they really are.

kdspurman
04-06-2012, 10:48 PM
Memphis would be a tough matchup. But simply cause of last year, and the depth of this team I honestly do not see them losing 2x in a row. Pop will adjust better, and 1 thing I would guarantee is Conley won't outplay Parker again.

That's not knock on Memphis, it's just I don't think they lose 2x in a row to the same team. This isnt the Shaq/Kobe lakers we're talking about and those are the last ones to do that to SA

Sadds The Gr8
04-06-2012, 10:53 PM
they can probably beat Houston or Denver, but I doubt they get past the 2nd round.

Blitzbolt
04-06-2012, 10:55 PM
Memphis would be a tough matchup. But simply cause of last year, and the depth of this team I honestly do not see them losing 2x in a row. Pop will adjust better, and 1 thing I would guarantee is Conley won't outplay Parker again.

That's not knock on Memphis, it's just I don't think they lose 2x in a row to the same team. This isnt the Shaq/Kobe lakers we're talking about and those are the last ones to do that to SA

Mike Conley Leads the NBA steals and Pretty much is the quickest point guard in the NBA and he is shooting way better this year also and I know Parker is a great player but you making that guarantee is little out there in my opinion.Also if we want to we could just put Tony Allen on him.

kdspurman
04-06-2012, 11:05 PM
Mike Conley Leads the NBA steals and Pretty much is the quickest point guard in the NBA and he is shooting way better this year also and I know Parker is a great player but you making that guarantee is little out there in my opinion.Also if we want to we could just put Tony Allen on him.

Tony Parker has been playing with a chip on his shoulder all year cause Conley outplayed him last year. Allen usually guards Manu, so I guess Manu would have a mis-match with Conley.

And I'm saying that cause I've seen Tony do this before. He's putting up his best numbers, and is motivated from the loss. He said before the season starts he wants to face them again the playoffs.

Again, no knock on Memphis, I think they're tough as hell. But SA adjusts probably better than anyone cause of Pop. I'm not trying to be snotty or cocky, but I think SA would be like Memphis last yr. Last yr Memphis was hungry. This year, SA would be the hungrier team

Mr_Amaziing
04-06-2012, 11:08 PM
I honestly don't they'll past the 1st round
But that's my opinion

They'll probably lose to Denver

Raps18-19 Champ
04-06-2012, 11:09 PM
I'd give them a good shot.

TRF929
04-06-2012, 11:18 PM
But that's my opinion

You have no knowledge in basketball if you say that, especially having no justification on why you say that. OKC fans are already getting snotty, but what have they done; I see no rings. Your probably just too young to know what your talking about though, so I'll give you a pass.

Spurs are hungry and have a deep team, they've shown they can beat good teams, as my man above should know.

Bruno
04-06-2012, 11:18 PM
second round exit. they don't get past OKC, LAL, or Memphis. imo.

they're very well coached (best coached team in the league along with Chicago), players know their roles, they are steady and disciplined which is why they always finish at the top of the standings for the regular season. but playoffs is a different beast. they don't match up well with those three teams come time for a seven round series. their big three is too old, and Duncan while still very good can't dominate playoff series anymore.

kdspurman
04-06-2012, 11:20 PM

they're very well coached (best coached team in the league along with Chicago), players know their roles, they are steady and disciplined which is why they always finish at the top of the standings for the regular season. but playoffs is a different beast. they don't match up well with those three teams come time for a seven round series. their big three is too old, and Duncan while still very good can't dominate playoff series anymore.

They matchup very well with OKC. Not to mention we haven't even played the Lakers yet to determine that and are 3-0 vs Memphis this year. I'm not sure where you got that from. BTW, Parker is not even 30 and they're too old? :laugh2: I love when people talk based off what they hear without knowing the facts

TheHighLife
04-06-2012, 11:25 PM
How many consecutive seasons have they had with a 10+ game winning streak now?
I feel like they can go all the way though.

CudiOnMyiPod
04-06-2012, 11:32 PM
Heat/Spurs finals.

Bruno
04-07-2012, 12:14 AM
They matchup very well with OKC. Not to mention we haven't even played the Lakers yet to determine that and are 3-0 vs Memphis this year. I'm not sure where you got that from. BTW, Parker is not even 30 and they're too old? :laugh2: I love when people talk based off what they hear without knowing the facts

don't talk to me about knowing the facts. here are some you should be acquainted with, as a spurs fan:

1) SAS lost as the #1 ranked team against the #8 ranked Memphis team in last years playoffs, first round. It was the fourth time that the #8 ranked team had upset a #1 ranked team in league history. Rudy Gay wasn't even active for the series, and Memphis still won 4-2, without home court advantage. The three regular season games you refer to in your post are irrelevant until the pudding of the playoffs prove otherwise. Memphis has the same roster, no key pieces have left, and have only gotten better.

http://allball.blogs.nba.com/2011/04/30/ranking-the-8-1-upsets-in-nba-playoff-history/

2) The Spurs have an average age of 27.5, good enough for 22nd youngest in the league. Their bench is young, as are most of the role players. What really matters is the average age of their big three. Duncan (35), Ginobli (34), and Parker (29). By the time of this years NBA Finals, Duncan will be 36, and Parker will be 30. Their big three will have an average age of 33.3 come time for the finals. The age of their big three, specifically Duncan and Ginobli will matter come playoffs, be it Duncan getting bullied by Zach Randolph again, or Ginobli breaking down when it matters most, the average age of their role players will be irrelevant. Their big three is too old to dominate four seven games series, they have been since 2008. Nothing we've seen from the Spurs from the 2008-2011 playoffs suggest otherwise. the combination of bench and role players don't make up for the fact that SAS core is too old to grind out four seven game series.

3) Duncans Spurs are historically beatable vs. LAL come playoffs, including 2008s 4-1 loss in the Western Conference Finals. What about 2012s lineups is drastically different from what happened in 2008? SAS has nobody to lock down Bynum or Kobe. Do you expect Parker to put up 33-9-5 against the Lakers? Because that's what its gone take for SAS to knock out LAL, along with stellar shooting and rebounding from their bench.

4) They don't match up well against OKC. SAS has nobody to guard Durant (who should be grateful that Bowen was closer in age with Kobe, than Kobe is to Durant), and Parker doesn't have the chops to lock up Westbrook. Harden and Ginobli are a wash. Unless Duncan plays like its 2006, SAS stands no chance vs OKC. Unless Ibaka and Perkins roll over for the soon to be 36 year old PF.

5) Pop is the greatest coach in the NBA. But talent and able bodies win games in the playoffs.

kdspurman
04-07-2012, 12:40 AM
don't talk to me about knowing the facts. here are some you should be acquainted with, as a spurs fan:

1) SAS lost as the #1 ranked team against the #8 ranked Memphis team in last years playoffs, first round. It was the fourth time that the #8 ranked team had upset a #1 ranked team in league history. Rudy Gay wasn't even active for the series, and Memphis still won 4-2, without home court advantage. The three regular season games you refer to in your post are irrelevant until the pudding of the playoffs prove otherwise. Memphis has the same roster, no key pieces have left, and have only gotten better.

SA's additions > Grizzlies additions. Sure Gay was out but they had played all year without him. Had he played and they lost him on the last game of the season like Manu, it'd be different for them. BTW, Dallas lost to the 7th seeded Spurs 2 yrs ago. Guess what they did last year? Previous year does not dictate anything.

http://allball.blogs.nba.com/2011/04/30/ranking-the-8-1-upsets-in-nba-playoff-history/

2) The Spurs have an average age of 27.5, good enough for 22nd youngest in the league. Their bench is young, as are most of the role players. What really matters is the average age of their big three. Duncan (35), Ginobli (34), and Parker (29). By the time of this years NBA Finals, Duncan will be 36, and Parker will be 30. Their big three will have an average age of 33.3 come time for the finals. The age of their big three, specifically Duncan and Ginobli will matter come playoffs, be it Duncan getting bullied by Zach Randolph again, or Ginobli breaking down when it matters most, the average age of their role players will be irrelevant. Their big three is too old to dominate four seven games series, they have been since 2008. Nothing we've seen from the Spurs from the 2008-2011 playoffs suggest otherwise. the combination of bench and role players don't make up for the fact that SAS core is too old to grind out four seven game series. Dirk/Kidd/Terry got it done. Don't give me the core is too old crap

3) Duncans Spurs are historically beatable vs. LAL come playoffs, including 2008s 4-1 loss in the Western Conference Finals. What about 2012s lineups is drastically different from what happened in 2008? SAS has nobody to lock down Bynum or Kobe. Do you expect Parker to put up 33-9-5 against the Lakers? Because that's what its gone take for SAS to knock out LAL, along with stellar shooting and rebounding from their bench. Duncan has always guarded Bynum well. Lakers have no consistent bench production really. (dead last) So unless Bynum/Pau.Kobe will play 40+ mins? Depth will be key. We have the best shooting bench and are the #1 defensive rebounding team in the league. FACT. Again we haven't even played them yet, so it's not fair to say really... just pointing out the Facts

4) They don't match up well against OKC. SAS has nobody to guard Durant (who should be grateful that Bowen was closer in age with Kobe, than Kobe is to Durant), and Parker doesn't have the chops to lock up Westbrook. Harden and Ginobli are a wash. Unless Duncan plays like its 2006, SAS stands no chance vs OKC. Unless Ibaka and Perkins roll over for the soon to be 36 year old PF.

:laugh2: Clearly you're missing the facts you claim you know. Spurs are 8-2 in their last 10 vs OKC. Durant can go off. But believe they will make it a priority to slow Westbrook. OKC Hasn't even seen Manu this year. Some Facts for you:

OKC likes to get out and run- Spurs are 2nd in turnovers per game (limit's their chances of running)
OKC thrives on getting to the FT line- Spurs are 1st in least Fouls per game
SA can out execute OKC any day of the week and have proven it 8/10 they've played.
Parker and Westbrook will be a wash too. If you think otherwise, again clearly you're lacking your facts. Watch a game or 2 why don't ya.

And btw... OKC does not defend the 3 point shot very well. Guess who's the top team in the league in 3 point shooting? I'll let you figure that out.

5) Pop is the greatest coach in the NBA. But talent and able bodies win games in the playoffs. All that matters. The talent is there.

I thought you'd have a better argument, but that was pretty weak. Next.

PacersForLife
04-07-2012, 12:51 AM
Just from what I saw against the Pacers and their record, I would say they are definitely legit.

bballswishanet
04-07-2012, 12:52 AM
without having someone playing more than 23 minutes, and without someone scoring more than 19 points.

:confused: wtf?? How good is that?

:clap: Pop.

can they be the best team in the league?

This is also their 10th win in a row.

:speechless:

SpaceJamJordans
04-07-2012, 12:55 AM
lol. i feel bad for them, nobody really respects them as a contender

Rivera
04-07-2012, 12:56 AM
yea but that was the most boring 128 point game from a team i have ever seen

JC_
04-07-2012, 01:12 AM
lol. i feel bad for them, nobody really respects them as a contender

Don't feel bad for them, feel bad for the teams they will beat because they weren't respected as a contender.

kenzo400
04-07-2012, 01:30 AM
2 things, yes, the spurs are legit, but if they face memphis in the 2nd round i dont think they can win, and mozel tov for not mentioning wade.

I think if Utah makes the playoffs and they face them in the first round, they will have problems.

BKLYNpigeon
04-07-2012, 01:44 AM
Spurs are playing great. I think they can beat anyone in the West.

Lakers + Giants
04-07-2012, 02:00 AM
Underrated as hell. They've got a good mix of young players and players with championship experience.

xxcubs22xx
04-07-2012, 02:06 AM
Spurs are playing great. I think they can beat anyone in the West.

This.

Underrated as hell. They've got a good mix of young players and players with championship experience.

And this.

I wouldn't be surprised if they make it to the WCF.

AIRMAR72
04-07-2012, 02:21 AM
Not at all they simply dont have enough polish players to go all the way

Ezio
04-07-2012, 02:36 AM
They're becoming my favs to come out of the West.

Lakers + Giants
04-07-2012, 02:37 AM
Having the best coach in the NBA also helps out a lot.

UnWantedTheory
04-07-2012, 02:44 AM
I am not saying the Spurs won't get bounced, but to say they are not a legit contender is just ignorant. I am not going into a long essay explaining why, but I will say that the additions of Leonard, Jackson, & Diaw have been great for us. Not to mention Splitter is playing well this year and Gino should be quite fresh come playoff time from all the time off this season. Also, Duncan has looked A LOT more fresh this year as opposed to last and Parker has had an amazing year. People don't need to look at stats so much as actually watch them play.

UnWantedTheory
04-07-2012, 02:49 AM
Also, imo, it will be OKC or the Spurs coming out of the west. The Lakers have zero bench and I still think MEM is missing a piece(s) to go all the way.

NoahH
04-07-2012, 02:51 AM
Didnt they win 10 in a row or something last year? How'd that work out?

JayW_1023
04-07-2012, 03:40 AM
Didnt they win 10 in a row or something last year? How'd that work out?

Didn't the Heat? Last time I checked the Spurs have a lot more hardware. That alone gives them credibility.

Of course this thread is moved, because the Spurs are not the Lakers or Heat. The Spurs will never get respect and I guess we will just have to accept that until we make some noise in the postseason.

JayW_1023
04-07-2012, 03:52 AM

You left the part out where Manu played with a broken arm and left halfway through the series. And this Spurs team is a lot deeper and younger than last years squad, especially with two athletic wings in Green and Leonard.

2) The Spurs have an average age of 27.5, good enough for 22nd youngest in the league. Their bench is young, as are most of the role players. What really matters is the average age of their big three. Duncan (35), Ginobli (34), and Parker (29). By the time of this years NBA Finals, Duncan will be 36, and Parker will be 30. Their big three will have an average age of 33.3 come time for the finals. The age of their big three, specifically Duncan and Ginobli will matter come playoffs, be it Duncan getting bullied by Zach Randolph again, or Ginobli breaking down when it matters most, the average age of their role players will be irrelevant. Their big three is too old to dominate four seven games series, they have been since 2008. Nothing we've seen from the Spurs from the 2008-2011 playoffs suggest otherwise. the combination of bench and role players don't make up for the fact that SAS core is too old to grind out four seven game series

I'm sick of people playing the 'too old' card. It's a dead beaten horse and even with our youngest squad in years people can't seem to resist it. Frankly, it pisses me off at times. Tell me, when was the last time a young team won an NBA ring. Certainly not Dallas, right? Veteran savvy actually becomes more an asset than a disadvantage in the postseason. Nobody is saying Dallas, Boston and The Lakers have a disadvantage in age, despite the fact that they have much older overall squads than the Spurs. This is just plain bias underlined by statistics, not fact.

3) Duncans Spurs are historically beatable vs. LAL come playoffs, including 2008s 4-1 loss in the Western Conference Finals. What about 2012s lineups is drastically different from what happened in 2008? SAS has nobody to lock down Bynum or Kobe. Do you expect Parker to put up 33-9-5 against the Lakers? Because that's what its gone take for SAS to knock out LAL, along with stellar shooting and rebounding from their bench.

I agree that the Lakers' size will be the Spurs toughest matchup, but the Lakers don't have the depth that The Spurs have on both post and perimeter. The Lakers will have to rely a lot more on their best players, and defensively there is no margin for error because the Spurs are a smart unselfish basketball team that won't bail you out. Again, anyones series.

Dead wrong, if anything Leonard has guarded Durant better than most players this season. He has got the length and quickness to match. It's Westbrook and Harden who worry me more. But OKC doesn't have the Spurs depth and veteran savvy, apart from D-Fish. I still think this is anyone's series, mainly because the Spurs have much more bodies up front.

5) Pop is the greatest coach in the NBA. But talent and able bodies win games in the playoffs

Which we have plenty of.

blastmasta26
04-07-2012, 03:57 AM
Great depth and the emergence of young role players makes them a tough matchup for anyone. I think their playoff success rides on Ginobili's and Duncan's health and production. However, it seems just as likely that they get bounced in the 2nd round as them making it to the Finals.

GrkGawdofWalkz
04-07-2012, 08:14 AM

I think that's a joke to be honest. This team has so much more depth and ways to score from 1-13. Memphis isn't going to keep the Spurs from the WCF.

GrkGawdofWalkz
04-07-2012, 08:23 AM
But that's my opinion

Wow, this is why opinions are like ______. Denver is barely making it into the playoffs. The Spurs are beating most opponents by double digits. Stay out from commenting on boring basketball aka the Spurs.

ichitownclowni
04-07-2012, 08:52 AM
They got a shot imo

Azzacadabra
04-07-2012, 08:54 AM
I'd replace the word sold with the words: Not surprised. Given their level of consistency.

Blitzbolt
04-07-2012, 09:02 AM
Spurs still don't give us credit they keep talking about revenge but they are not the only team that's hungry we also want revenge from OKC.Also the grizzlies are way better this year then last year Gay Pondexter,Spreiths,Dante cunningan and even Arenas who is 10x better then what we had last year.

And sure the Spurs are 3-0 vs the Grizzlies this year but all those wins happen 3/4 months ago in December and January when we no chemistry.

Sofnr
04-07-2012, 09:40 AM
I'm not picking the Spurs to come out of the West but i definitely am sold on them being a legitimate contender. They are playing very good basketball and have a shot at winning another championship. I just think that OKC is ready to take that next step. They are young and hungry and i expect them to make the finals. But it wouldn't surprise me to see the Spurs steal it from them. I'd personally love to see a Spurs-Bulls finals. Some people may call it boring basketball. I think both squads play great team basketball. And a Pops-Thibs coaching matching would be sweet too.

ghettosean
04-07-2012, 09:59 AM
Yes... They are legit they are on a 10 game win streak right now you can't fake that ****!

GrkGawdofWalkz
04-07-2012, 10:08 AM
Spurs still don't give us credit they keep talking about revenge but they are not the only team that's hungry we also want revenge from OKC.Also the grizzlies are way better this year then last year Gay Pondexter,Spreiths,Dante cunningan and even Arenas who is 10x better then what we had last year.

And sure the Spurs are 3-0 vs the Grizzlies this year but all those wins happen 3/4 months ago in December and January when we no chemistry.

The Spurs in that same time are also deeper than they were last year or even the last time that we played the Grizzlies. Duncan is fresher and can handle more on the defensive end. Manu is just starting to get into rhythm with the second unit. Parker is having his best overall year. Daniel Green, Kawhi Leonard, Stephen Jackson all handle defensive capabilties well.

The Final Boss
04-07-2012, 10:51 AM
Something tells me Oklahoma City and not San Antonio is in for a humbling.

The Final Boss
04-07-2012, 10:55 AM
I agree that the Lakers' size will be the Spurs toughest matchup, but the Lakers don't have the depth that The Spurs have on both post and perimeter. The Lakers will have to rely a lot more on their best players, and defensively there is no margin for error because the Spurs are a smart unselfish basketball team that won't bail you out. Again, anyones series.

Depth for the most part goes out the window come playoff time. Teams primarily go to an 8 man rotation during the playoffs.

kdspurman
04-07-2012, 11:27 AM
You left the part out where Manu played with a broken arm and left halfway through the series. And this Spurs team is a lot deeper and younger than last years squad, especially with two athletic wings in Green and Leonard.

I'm sick of people playing the 'too old' card. It's a dead beaten horse and even with our youngest squad in years people can't seem to resist it. Frankly, it pisses me off at times. Tell me, when was the last time a young team won an NBA ring. Certainly not Dallas, right? Veteran savvy actually becomes more an asset than a disadvantage in the postseason. Nobody is saying Dallas, Boston and The Lakers have a disadvantage in age, despite the fact that they have much older overall squads than the Spurs. This is just plain bias underlined by statistics, not fact.

Dead wrong, if anything Leonard has guarded Durant better than most players this season. He has got the length and quickness to match. It's Westbrook and Harden who worry me more. But OKC doesn't have the Spurs depth and veteran savvy, apart from D-Fish. I still think this is anyone's series, mainly because the Spurs have much more bodies up front.

Which we have plenty of.

Your post pretty much mirrors mine from the previous page. Dude has no clue

willabeast77
04-07-2012, 12:22 PM
The Spurs have been underrated this season. If they get the top seed in the West, Popovich deserves COY and things could drastically change for them.

NoahH
04-07-2012, 12:51 PM
Didn't the Heat? Last time I checked the Spurs have a lot more hardware. That alone gives them credibility.

Of course this thread is moved, because the Spurs are not the Lakers or Heat. The Spurs will never get respect and I guess we will just have to accept that until we make some noise in the postseason.

Yeah so did the Heat but they didn't get bounced in the first round to an 8th seed either.

magichatnumber9
04-07-2012, 12:52 PM
There front office is ****ing amazing

FraziersKnicks
04-07-2012, 01:40 PM
I see them as 2nd favorites to get out of the West behind the Thunder. They could struggle in a series against the Grizz, but I think they'd handle the Mavs and Lakers in a 7 game series.

kdspurman
04-07-2012, 01:47 PM
Yeah so did the Heat but they didn't get bounced in the first round to an 8th seed either.

1. Miami plays in the Eastern conference. They played Philly. Give me a break.

2. Manu was our best player last year. He was the facilitator, scorer, and made things happen. Now imagine if Lebron goes down with a broken bone in his elbow in the last season of the game and is hurt all series against Memphis?

3. Again. Miami played Philly.

We have the depth that if we lose Manu again, we can still get past the 1st round this year. Oh yea. And with your logic, Miami won't win the finals this year cause they lost last year. Do you see how ******** that sounds?

Chronz
04-07-2012, 02:02 PM
Only the Lakers can best them

Lakers + Giants
04-07-2012, 02:12 PM

Do you seriously believe that? Im not trying to be an *** just wondering if you really believe that and why?

D-Leethal
04-07-2012, 02:39 PM
Spurs win the west this year.

AlexTmz2
04-07-2012, 02:54 PM
Of course the Spurs have a chance to compete with anyone in the west. I seriously have us winning the western conference with the TALENT and DEPTH we have.......... Can't leave EXPIERENCE out!

Parker is playing MVP caliber ball right now. Timmy is fresh and playing some vinatge basketball. Manu is healthy and getting back into rhythm. Green and Neal are the X factors. The 3 new additions of Jax, Diaw, and Mills are just fitting in well. Kawai is playing outstanding basketabll and hopefully he can keep it up come playoff time. Tiago is also playing some solid ball and he has the size we would need againts the lakers or grizz. Bonner = "RED ROCKET", nuff said! And POP, well he's POP!

If you haven't seen the Spurs play this is the time to watch. Spurs are on a 10 win streak and are tied for 1st in the west with OKC. Can't wait for the palyoffs!!!

mzgrizz
04-07-2012, 03:04 PM
Spurs are definitely a team to be reckoned with. They are playing great ball right now and should come out of the first round this year. But IMO they won't go past that. They seem to require resting their premier players too much and the experience factor may play a role with their younger subs in the playoffs.

Ladies Man
04-07-2012, 03:13 PM
They are a big threat thats for sure. But we said that last year as well

Lab Rat Robby
04-07-2012, 03:24 PM
@kdspurman and jayw_0123

case closed, well said, and bravo. especially nice of jay to point out leonard on durant. kd i'm betting you just had too many other points to hit on, and that one got forgotten.

@sofnr

i'm seeing heat spurs for the finals, but man i agree with you it would be cool to finally see spurs/bulls.

meloman1592
04-07-2012, 03:26 PM

I'm sorry did Rose, Westbrook, Rondo, Cp3 and Ty Lawson all die this past week?

Jenceman
04-07-2012, 03:33 PM
I think the Spurs are the best team in the west. I'd pick them over OKC. The way to beat this version of the Spurs is with your bigs primarily. It's why Memphis handled them last season, and why the Lakers would be an incredibly tough matchup for them as well.

OKC doesn't have the offensive prowess in their bigs to beat the Spurs IMO.

Bruno
04-07-2012, 04:10 PM
SA's additions > Grizzlies additions. Sure Gay was out but they had played all year without him. Had he played and they lost him on the last game of the season like Manu, it'd be different for them. BTW, Dallas lost to the 7th seeded Spurs 2 yrs ago. Guess what they did last year? Previous year does not dictate anything.

Previous year dictates plenty, you're just unwilling to make your comparison transparent because it doesn't serve your argument. The Dallas/Spurs comparison you mention to fortify your point is irrelevant, considering the fact that Dallas didn't have Tyson Chandler in the 2010 playoff matchup vs San Antonio. The addition of a defensive juggernaut like Chandler is worthy of note, unlike the role players you broadly refer to in your "SA's additions>Grizzlies auditions" comb over.

Your comparison of the Gay/Ginobli scenario is also off point. Ginobli played in five of the six games vs. Memphis in the playoffs, at 34.8 minutes per game, scoring twenty a game. You make it seem like he didn't even play. Gay didn't play a single minute of that series. Talent on the bench is talent on the bench, the scenario and timing that got the player there is irrelevant. Memphis didn't play all year with out Gay either, he started 53 games for them in 2011.

Dirk/Kidd/Terry got it done. Don't give me the core is too old crap
You're actually going to include Kidd as a part of that big three? Check the stats. It goes Dirk/Chandler/Terry for last years Mavs. They were the three best players, and the three most important. Those three combined for an average age of 31, two plus years younger than the Spurs current three. In the playoffs, it comes down to your top player. In 2011 Dirk was 32. Duncan will be 36 at the start of the 2012 playoffs. Big difference. SAS has no chance at a ring if Tony Parker is their best player for an entire playoff run. They need Duncan to dominate, but he's too old. Unlike Dirk in 2011. .

You're also failing to take into account that this 2012 season is compacted. Back-to-back-to-backs and four game per week average punishes the old rewards the young. Older players break down, and younger guys are much more prepared for a long playoff haul. You may not like it, but the age of SAS big three will be a factor in the playoffs, especially against OKC and Memphis.

Duncan has always guarded Bynum well. Lakers have no consistent bench production really. (dead last) So unless Bynum/Pau.Kobe will play 40+ mins? Depth will be key. We have the best shooting bench and are the #1 defensive rebounding team in the league. FACT. Again we haven't even played them yet, so it's not fair to say really... just pointing out the Facts
It doesn't matter if LAL and SAS hasn't matched up yet. Regular season doesn't mean squat come time for playoffs. LAL could sweep the Spurs in the next two or three weeks and you won't hear me mentioning anything of it. we can't really say much else about this LAL/SA comparison. Last meeting was 2008 when LAL spanked SAS 4-1 without Bynum. Duncan is four years older and Bynum is entering his prime. SAS has a better bench, but SAS has zero answers for LALs size, or Bryant, or Sessions. The bench would have to truly dominate the Laker bench during their 12-16 minutes of playoff action to make up for the difference.

Clearly you're missing the facts you claim you know. Spurs are 8-2 in their last 10 vs OKC. Durant can go off. But believe they will make it a priority to slow Westbrook. OKC Hasn't even seen Manu this year. Some Facts for you:

OKC likes to get out and run- Spurs are 2nd in turnovers per game (limit's their chances of running)
OKC thrives on getting to the FT line- Spurs are 1st in least Fouls per game
SA can out execute OKC any day of the week and have proven it 8/10 they've played.
Parker and Westbrook will be a wash too. If you think otherwise, again clearly you're lacking your facts. Watch a game or 2 why don't ya.

And btw... OKC does not defend the 3 point shot very well. Guess who's the top team in the league in 3 point shooting? I'll let you figure that out.

Condensed season. OKC is young, SAS big three is old. Come time for playoffs, SAS will crack under the speed and athleticism of OKC. I like your facts here, they're the first ones you've presented that are worth a damn. You make fair points here, and SAS may give them a run, but a betting man puts his money on OKC in this best of seven, no doubt.

kdspurman
04-07-2012, 04:13 PM
@kdspurman and jayw_0123

case closed, well said, and bravo. especially nice of jay to point out leonard on durant. kd i'm betting you just had too many other points to hit on, and that one got forgotten.

@sofnr

i'm seeing heat spurs for the finals, but man i agree with you it would be cool to finally see spurs/bulls.

yea I knew if i put Leonard on Durant he would respond with some nonsense again because he doesn't know how good the kid is defensively.

kdspurman
04-07-2012, 04:20 PM
Previous year dictates plenty, you're just unwilling to make your comparison transparent because it doesn't serve your argument. The Dallas/Spurs comparison you mention to fortify your point is irrelevant, considering the fact that Dallas didn't have Tyson Chandler in the 2010 playoff matchup vs San Antonio. The addition of a defensive juggernaut like Chandler is worthy of note, unlike the role players you broadly refer to in your "SA's additions>Grizzlies auditions" comb over.

Your comparison of the Gay/Ginobli scenario is also off point. Ginobli played in five of the six games vs. Memphis in the playoffs, at 34.8 minutes per game, scoring twenty a game. You make it seem like he didn't even play. Gay didn't play a single minute of that series. Talent on the bench is talent on the bench, the scenario and timing that got the player there is irrelevant. Memphis didn't play all year with out Gay either, he started 53 games for them in 2011.

You're actually going to include Kidd as a part of that big three? Check the stats. It goes Dirk/Chandler/Terry for last years Mavs. They were the three best players, and the three most important. Those three combined for an average age of 31, two plus years younger than the Spurs current three. In the playoffs, it comes down to your top player. In 2011 Dirk was 32. Duncan will be 36 at the start of the 2012 playoffs. Big difference. SAS has no chance at a ring if Tony Parker is their best player for an entire playoff run. They need Duncan to dominate, but he's too old. Unlike Dirk in 2011. .

You're also failing to take into account that this 2012 season is compacted. Back-to-back-to-backs and four game per week average punishes the old rewards the young. Older players break down, and younger guys are much more prepared for a long playoff haul. You may not like it, but the age of SAS big three will be a factor in the playoffs, especially against OKC and Memphis.

It doesn't matter if LAL and SAS hasn't matched up yet. Regular season doesn't mean squat come time for playoffs. LAL could sweep the Spurs in the next two or three weeks and you won't hear me mentioning anything of it. we can't really say much else about this LAL/SA comparison. Last meeting was 2008 when LAL spanked SAS 4-1 without Bynum. Duncan is four years older and Bynum is entering his prime. SAS has a better bench, but SAS has zero answers for LALs size, or Bryant, or Sessions. The bench would have to truly dominate the Laker bench during their 12-16 minutes of playoff action to make up for the difference.

Condensed season. OKC is young, SAS big three is old. Come time for playoffs, SAS will crack under the speed and athleticism of OKC. I like your facts here, they're the first ones you've presented that are worth a damn. You make fair points here, and SAS may give them a run, but a betting man puts his money on OKC in this best of seven, no doubt.

Im on my phone but will respond in full later. For one, you lost a hell of a lot of credibility to say Spurs have no answer for sessions lmao. Like he's Deron Williams or someone.
Who cares what a betting man does. How many betting men lost a **** load of money betting on Miami last yr..

Bruno
04-07-2012, 04:31 PM
Halfway? Ginobli played five of the six games vs. Memphis at 34 minutes per game. He posted a playoff PER vs Memphis of 22.3, two points above his career playoff PER average. His series TS% was on his career playoff average. You're putting a lot of faith in Green and Leonard. Nice players, but will these young guns turn cold blooded come playoffs? Neither have proven then can perform on the big stage yet. I'll give you that the Spurs are deeper, but Memphis will be better with Gay, OKC is improved upon last year, and Bryant and Bynum will be more healthy this post season than last, and that's not counting the Sessions addition.

You, like your Spurred amigo aren't taking into consideration that this is a condensed season. Back-to-back-to-backs, and a four game per week average hasn't been easy on the legs of the older teams. This is not like last season where an older team like Dallas can gain an upper-hand through scheduling. I'd also like to add again that the Dallas big three had an average age of 31. SASs big three has an average age of 33.3. Last year Dirk was 32, this year Duncan in 36. Big, big difference. SASs bench and role players are young, but that doesn't make up for the fact that their most important player, Duncan, is on his last legs. You mention Dallas, Boston, and LAL. The big three of those teams had an average age significantly younger than SAS current big three, by over a year and a half, if not more. Age will be a factor, and the Spurs will go as far as Duncan and Ginobli can take them. SAS isn't going deep if Parker is carrying them.

The match-ups favor LAL big time. LAL in six.

Eh, Leonard has done a decent job, but he hasn't shut him down. I don't expect the 20 year old rookie to step up in his first playoffs ever against the back to back scoring champion. OKC has experience, they went to last years WCF, and they got a five time champ. OKC would take SAS out in a seven game series, imo. lets revisit this in a month.

Which we have plenty of.We'll see about that come playoffs. Lets see if anyone in black and silver breaks down when it matters most.

Bruno
04-07-2012, 04:35 PM
Im on my phone but will respond in full later. For one, you lost a hell of a lot of credibility to say Spurs have no answer for sessions lmao. Like he's Deron Williams or someone.
Who cares what a betting man does. How many betting men lost a **** load of money betting on Miami last yr..

Check the stats before you make a claim of credibility one way or another. In thirteen games as a Lakers, Sessions has posted:
PER: 20.5
TS%: .614
WS/48: .192

Those are all-star caliber numbers. How many defensive teams has Tony Parker made? I'll let you compare them with Parkers advanced stats once you get off the phone.

Bruno
04-07-2012, 04:39 PM
I'm checking out of this debate for now, you know my opinion on the Spurs. I'll message you both in a month to see where our debate stands.

Chronz
04-07-2012, 09:32 PM

Do you seriously believe that? Im not trying to be an *** just wondering if you really believe that and why?
Im not buying the talk that Memphis is this horrible matchup based on 1 series where the best player was injured.

They have bigs and I could see them pummeling Duncan again, but TP is playing better and they might have a healthy Manu

Joshtd1
04-07-2012, 10:00 PM
It just depends on how LA plays against us this season, but based on the past they are the only team I think that could beat us. Maybe Dallas because the games are always close too, but I think we match up good with everyone else.

Blitzbolt
04-07-2012, 11:25 PM

HUGE LIE Manu was a huge factor And only miss the first game.We would have sweep you guys without him.

TornadoOfSouls
04-08-2012, 04:03 AM
Sessions just got bukkaked by Dragic and senior citizen Nash and the Lakers homer is telling Spurs fans to be worried about him. :facepalm:

And lol at calling him an All-Star calibre guard based on a few games. Patty Mills is posting a PER of 31.33 for the Spurs. Future all-star for sure. :laugh2:

Raph12
04-08-2012, 04:59 AM
With TP playing at a high level, Manu possibly healthy, TD playing upto par and a few contributions from their role players; I think they may be the favs to win the West... Tough matchups for them will be the Lakers and Grizzlies.

Baller1
04-08-2012, 12:23 PM
The Spurs are still great, and would surely beat OKC in a seven game series... But let's not forget that they had the best record in the West last season and we all know how that ended. They're season came to an abrupt halt last year, and I don't think it's too crazy to think it might happen again.

quade36
04-08-2012, 12:27 PM
This thread is a joke. Of course the spurs are legit contenders

JasonJohnHorn
04-08-2012, 01:30 PM
I picked the Spurs to win it this year. Of course, I have picked the Spurs to win it every year since 1999, and I've been right four times! I'm hoping this season will be number five! Though a Chi-town/Lakeshow finals is equally likely in my book.

thekmp211
04-08-2012, 01:52 PM
it's ironic. for years they were the team built to slow down, bang and defend in the playoffs. not sure if they have that capacity now, and memphis to me is just built to beat them. still, they are deeper and healthier (for now) than last year and obviously have a lot of guys who know what it takes.

TrueFan420
04-08-2012, 05:58 PM
its the spurs they always have a chance in a 7 game series no questions asked

JayW_1023
04-09-2012, 08:46 AM
The media is too busy covering the leagues drama queens to pay attention to this massive run The Spurs are making.

I guess it's just boring when a franchise and it's players handle themselves gracefully.

YoungOne
04-09-2012, 09:08 AM
much will depend on how their roleplayers can adjust in the playoffs, besides parker/ginobili/duncan theres not much playoff experience.

tcav701
04-09-2012, 09:14 AM
A Celtics/Spurs final would give us the best pure basketball which is what I want to see.

Not sure how the rating would do tho. Clearly wouldnt be enough traveling, dunking and fouls for the modern day fan.

AddiX
04-09-2012, 09:53 AM
The media is too busy covering the leagues drama queens to pay attention to this massive run The Spurs are making.

I guess it's just boring when a franchise and it's players handle themselves gracefully.

It's always been that way for San Antonio.

As good as they are and have been, I often forget they even exist.

They are just a boring franchise in every way shape and form. Great franchise for sure, but boring as can possibly be.

eugene
04-09-2012, 10:03 AM
time machine, KG vs TD, Ray vs Manu in the finals ;) and yeah, Parker vs Rondo would be lovely as well ;)

Sportfan
04-09-2012, 10:18 AM
time machine, KG vs TD, Ray vs Manu in the finals ;) and yeah, Parker vs Rondo would be lovely as well ;)
Don't forget the GOAT matchup....Brandon Bass vs Matt Bonner :drool:

Cal827
04-09-2012, 10:52 AM
A Celtics/Spurs final would give us the best pure basketball which is what I want to see.

Not sure how the rating would do tho. Clearly wouldnt be enough traveling, dunking and fouls for the modern day fan.

Before you read below, I'll have you know that I agree 100% with what you said.

Well the last time we had pure basketball, the ratings were atrocious, even though it was an awesome overall series (DET-SAS). As with the multiple s*it reality shows that Kardashian, teen mothers, and those fake-*** guidos in New Jersey get, people don't want pure. They want dirty, glitz and glamour. They want to see an NBA finals where Lebron's mom is in the stands while he posts up Delonte West. They want to see Lamar Odom and Kris Humphries on the same team, just so them and their wives can get into two simultaneous cat fights at the same time. They want to see World Peace and Troll Bynum challenge the whole Clipper Fan Base with a steel chair and a clothesline.

People are just plain pathetic :pity:

tcav701
04-09-2012, 11:40 AM
Before you read below, I'll have you know that I agree 100% with what you said.

Well the last time we had pure basketball, the ratings were atrocious, even though it was an awesome overall series (DET-SAS). As with the multiple s*it reality shows that Kardashian, teen mothers, and those fake-*** guidos in New Jersey get, people don't want pure. They want dirty, glitz and glamour. They want to see an NBA finals where Lebron's mom is in the stands while he posts up Delonte West. They want to see Lamar Odom and Kris Humphries on the same team, just so them and their wives can get into two simultaneous cat fights at the same time. They want to see World Peace and Troll Bynum challenge the whole Clipper Fan Base with a steel chair and a clothesline.

People are just plain pathetic :pity:

Hahahaha pretty spot on.

I pray to god that these refs dont give in to the "whine for fouls" campaign many of the league poster boys have taken to a new level this year.

JayW_1023
04-09-2012, 11:53 AM
It's always been that way for San Antonio.

As good as they are and have been, I often forget they even exist.

They are just a boring franchise in every way shape and form. Great franchise for sure, but boring as can possibly be.

I don't really find great team basketball boring. But to each his own.

if you find Manu boring to watch you don't like basketball. The guy is still one of the most spectacular players in the league.

It's probably just the uniforms.

Stinkyoutsider
04-09-2012, 12:34 PM
I've got respect for the Spurs. They win 50+ games every season and fall under the radar. He's taken players like Stephen Jackson and Boris Diaw and has them playing well (knowing no one else wanted those players). His ability to take head cases and lazy players and turn them into contributors is great.

I can't see the Spurs getting to the conf. finals but I believe they're getting past the 2nd round. The only problem is getting an excellent backup for Duncan (Tiago Splitter?) and they get to the conf. finals.

Big 3 still great, hard workers like Bonner and Danny Green, and talented players whipped into shape like Stephen Jackson...

Joshtd1
04-09-2012, 02:20 PM
I've got respect for the Spurs. They win 50+ games every season and fall under the radar. He's taken players like Stephen Jackson and Boris Diaw and has them playing well (knowing no one else wanted those players). His ability to take head cases and lazy players and turn them into contributors is great.

I can't see the Spurs getting to the conf. finals but I believe they're getting past the 2nd round. The only problem is getting an excellent backup for Duncan (Tiago Splitter?) and they get to the conf. finals.

Big 3 still great, hard workers like Bonner and Danny Green, and talented players whipped into shape like Stephen Jackson...

:confused: The conference finals is past the 2nd round..

Splitter is a great backup, in fact he should be starting but due to the fact we have no other 7 footer Pop has to leave him on the bench so Bonner and Blair don't play together.

Baller1
04-09-2012, 02:52 PM

Splitter is a great backup, in fact he should be starting but due to the fact we have no other 7 footer Pop has to leave him on the bench so Bonner and Blair don't play together.

:laugh:

That gave me a good laugh.

fresh prince
04-09-2012, 03:04 PM
People are sleeping on them! The Spurs are my pick to win it all and I'm a Laker fan.

This is not your grand daddy's Spurs out there. SUDDENLY this is a team comprised of a nice core of young dudes who are talented and hungry:

- Green
- Leonard
- Blair
- Splitter
- Neal

These 5 guys are the difference. The big 3 ( Parker, Duncan, Ginobli) now have reinforcements and wont have to do all the heavy lifting anymore even though all 3 are still capable of carrying a team for any given stretch of time. Then you throw in 3 capable vets like S Jax, Diaw and Bonner and you have one of the deepest teams we've seen in years.

I don't see anyone beating them in a 7 game series. They will just wear you down.

Kashmir13579
04-09-2012, 03:19 PM
They can always make noise. When are they not underrated?

Lakers + Giants
04-09-2012, 03:43 PM

Give him a break, dude's a clipper fan. He doesn't know what the playoffs look like, let alone the 2nd round.

ColtsSpursTerps
04-09-2012, 05:26 PM

Things we can take from your post

- Spurs are old

- Old (experienced) players suck in playoffs

:facepalm:

ChicagoRox
04-09-2012, 05:56 PM
Never underestimate a veteran multiple championship team. Pops rested his players for a reason. I would not count them out.

TornadoOfSouls
04-21-2012, 02:03 PM
It doesn't matter if LAL and SAS hasn't matched up yet. Regular season doesn't mean squat come time for playoffs. LAL could sweep the Spurs in the next two or three weeks and you won't hear me mentioning anything of it. we can't really say much else about this LAL/SA comparison. Last meeting was 2008 when LAL spanked SAS 4-1 without Bynum. Duncan is four years older and Bynum is entering his prime. SAS has a better bench, but SAS has zero answers for LALs size, or Bryant, or Sessions. The bench would have to truly dominate the Laker bench during their 12-16 minutes of playoff action to make up for the difference. .

Spurs just handed LA their worst home loss in five years and blew 'em out by 24 a few days later. And there's this from ESPN:

The Spurs are the first team to win two consecutive meetings against the Lakers by 20+ points since the Pistons in February 2005. That Pistons team reached the NBA Finals and lost to the Spurs.

In the last game, Bynum had 2 rebounds while Sessions had 5 points. Yeah, bad match-up for sure. lol

Just another case of LA fans overrating the hell out of their own players while underrating their opponents. Spurs have the better backcourt, bench, and a superior coach. Pop made the adjustment by leaving Blair out against LA these past two games and, as a result, Spurs offense has overwhelmed LA and their defense is much improved with Splitter/Diaw defending Gasol.

Pretty damn funny to see LA fans pinning their hopes on a career scrub like Sessions though.

Unrequited
04-22-2012, 08:06 AM

2) The Spurs have an average age of 27.5, good enough for 22nd youngest in the league. Their bench is young, as are most of the role players. What really matters is the average age of their big three. Duncan (35), Ginobli (34), and Parker (29). By the time of this years NBA Finals, Duncan will be 36, and Parker will be 30. Their big three will have an average age of 33.3 come time for the finals. The age of their big three, specifically Duncan and Ginobli will matter come playoffs, be it Duncan getting bullied by Zach Randolph again, or Ginobli breaking down when it matters most, the average age of their role players will be irrelevant. Their big three is too old to dominate four seven games series, they have been since 2008. Nothing we've seen from the Spurs from the 2008-2011 playoffs suggest otherwise. the combination of bench and role players don't make up for the fact that SAS core is too old to grind out four seven game series.

5) Pop is the greatest coach in the NBA. But talent and able bodies win games in the playoffs.

1) Manu Ginobili was injured. Also, Memphis is arguably better without Rudy Gay.

2) The Celtics won it all in 08 with their big three being really old, roster filled with young role players.

3) From the argument above, isn't Kobe too old to grind out games too? Besides, this Lakers team got swept by a 'too old' Mavericks team last year.

4) I'd focus Durant and let Westbrook get trigger happy. Even with lockdown defense on Westbrook, he'll continue firing away anyway. As for an answer for Durant, it's team defense. Plus, the Spurs have Leonard whom they traded George Hill for. He's a defensive beast and in addition, they have Stephen Jackson who's an underrated defender.

5) Pop is arguably the best coach in the league right now. Combined with a rejuvenated Duncan, healthy Ginobili and a floor general who's playing the best basketball of his career in Tony Parker. Combined with shooters and role players. I think we have a great ball club.

2-ONE-5
04-22-2012, 08:49 AM
yes they are for real. no way Pop and those vets let a repeat of last year happen in the playoffs. They mean business this year

JayW_1023
04-22-2012, 09:18 AM
A part of me hates the fact that the The Spurs are considered a contender again.

If we don't win it all this year, it'll be that much more disappointing.

kdspurman
05-24-2012, 12:14 PM

So far you were wrong on your first prediction. Now we'll see if your 2nd holds true... :)

Heatcheck
05-24-2012, 01:03 PM
talent wise, of course theyre for real. how the condensed schedule affects them and the older players is yet to be seen.

RLundi
05-24-2012, 01:17 PM
Nope, I never am, and they consistently prove me wrong.

So ... take from that what you will...

daboywonder2002
05-24-2012, 01:25 PM
i think the spurs are well coached and they dont turn the ball over. but i dont think they are that good defensively. i think if you have balance you can score against this team.

Soonerule
05-24-2012, 01:26 PM
talent wise, of course theyre for real. how the condensed schedule affects them and the older players is yet to be seen.

We are way past the condensed schedule. We are 3 rounds into the playoffs and the Spurs have played less games than anyone. They're healthy, they're fresh and they are rolling. The answer to this thread's question is settled.

But now that you mention the condensed schedule. Considering what we saw last year in the first round and watching this same core of players knocked out of the playoffs by an unheralded Memphis team, and the pundits singing the death dirge over the corpse of the late great San Antonio Spurs, can there really be any surprise that Pops won COTY? Honestly, did anyone else even deserve a vote? I'm sure there were some outstanding coaching jobs out there, but we aren't talking outstanding here, when it comes to discussing what Pops did this year, we're talking "genius".

kdspurman
05-24-2012, 01:51 PM
Nope, I never am, and they consistently prove me wrong.

So ... take from that what you will...

:confused:

kdspurman
05-24-2012, 01:52 PM
i think the spurs are well coached and they dont turn the ball over. but i dont think they are that good defensively. i think if you have balance you can score against this team.

They've been one of the best defensive teams since the all-star breaks and in the playoffs.

daboywonder2002
05-24-2012, 01:59 PM
They've been one of the best defensive teams since the all-star breaks and in the playoffs.

im just saying boris diaw wouldnt scare me. duncan isnt scaring anyone defensively anymore. lets not forget. perk is a great one on one defender.

kdspurman
05-24-2012, 02:02 PM
im just saying boris diaw wouldnt scare me. duncan isnt scaring anyone defensively anymore. lets not forget. perk is a great one on one defender.

Tim is still one of the best interior defenders we have in the game. And Diaw has been surprisingly good on defense. Did you even watch the Clippers series? Or Utah for that matter? 2 teams with very talented front courts.

Not to mention OKC's front court are not going to do that much damage offensively.

lakerboy
05-24-2012, 02:10 PM
I'm def sold on the Spurs. If I have to gamble my house in this playoffs, I'd put everything on San Antonio. Good luck guys!

naps
05-24-2012, 02:32 PM
Lakers fans posts in this thread :laugh2:

Joshtd1
05-24-2012, 02:47 PM
This Spurs team isn't the same team from last year...am willing to bet they make it to atleast the conference finals if Manu was fully healthy and Duncan wasn't playing on one leg against the Grizz. Apparently its ok to give other teams passes for being injured, but when it happens to the Spurs their opponent was just better then them.

nycsports2
05-24-2012, 02:56 PM
4th qtr 5 mins left im takin okc cuz durant the spurs dont have the go to man

kdspurman
05-24-2012, 02:57 PM
This Spurs team isn't the same team from last year...am willing to bet they make it to atleast the conference finals if Manu was fully healthy and Duncan wasn't playing on one leg against the Grizz. Apparently its ok to give other teams passes for being injured, but when it happens to the Spurs their opponent was just better then them.

This is what I've been thinking the whole Clippers series. It's unbelievable

kdspurman
05-24-2012, 02:57 PM
4th qtr 5 mins left im takin okc cuz durant the spurs dont have the go to man

Wow.... LOL :speechless:

They've got PLENTY of guys to hit big shots, and a Coach who draws up plays beautifully to make those shots wide open.

BobbyHillSwag
05-24-2012, 03:07 PM
Wow.... LOL :speechless:

They've got PLENTY of guys to hit big shots, and a Coach who draws up plays beautifully to make those shots wide open.

He must not know that spurs are the best offensive team in the league and can just run regular plays during crunch time. Espn must have gotten to his head. I bet you spurs can close out games just as good as any team in the league(we just havent seen it cause they usually win by a good margin).

OT Thriller
05-24-2012, 03:15 PM
For over a decade, the Spurs have been by far the most underrated and most consistent team in the NBA. I've never been sold on the Spurs yet they always find a way to win. So screw it, yes I am sold on the Spurs winning it all. They are the hottest team in the NBA right now how could you count them out?

LJEATON26
05-24-2012, 03:19 PM
Its going to be a hell of a series and the Spurs are as good as billed. Great depth, leadership, coaching and offensive/defensive playmakers.

nate2usmc
05-24-2012, 05:05 PM
Spurs are gonna win it all this year. Unfortunately, they're gonna beat OKC in 6 and beat the Heat in 6 games (max) as well :sigh:

TornadoOfSouls
05-30-2012, 05:08 AM
So far you were wrong on your first prediction. Now we'll see if your 2nd holds true... :)

lol Bruno87 is the typical dumbass Lakers fan that gets his NBA knowledge from sportcenter and ESPN. Anyone that's watched the Spurs this year knows they were damn good. I especially liked this quote:

SAS has a better bench, but SAS has zero answers for LALs size, or Bryant, or Sessions. The bench would have to truly dominate the Laker bench during their 12-16 minutes of playoff action to make up for the difference.

Sessions. lmao. Yeah, Spurs would have no answer for Ramon Sesion. lollolololol

QueensG
05-30-2012, 09:51 AM
are you sold yet? lmao