5-16

9-26

5-20 So far tonight

3 bad games= 3 loses.

Wanna beat the thunder? stop westbrook

ManRam
04-06-2012, 08:59 PM
And so it begins!

Two + bad games and "is he killing the team" returns.

Skip Bayless would be so proud!

It's could a shooting slump...everyone has them. Clearly, what he's been doing has worked all year...

tredigs
04-06-2012, 08:59 PM
Yes, if you can stop him you can beat them. That makes him the "kyptonite"? Haha.

Do you realize that the inverse of your theory = when Westbrook balls, they win?

FYI - they have the #1 record in the west. You might want to think about what that means for a minute...

...Feel like an idiot? Good, you should. Moving on --

Pakman
04-06-2012, 09:00 PM
I concur. Still dangerous tho. Can't bank on a bad night from westbrook to win

MetroMan
04-06-2012, 09:03 PM
And so it begins!

It's could a shooting slump...everyone has them. Clearly, what he's been doing has worked all year...

Miami is a threat to there goal.

In both games against miami Westbrook was locked down by Wade.... shooting a terrible 13-42

kjoke
04-06-2012, 09:05 PM
Westbrook shoudn't be in a shooting slump. Whenever he's not feeling it he should just pass the best player on the team.

SpaceJamJordans
04-06-2012, 09:08 PM
i've never liked him.. but hes still a valuable asset, hes just immature

MetroMan
04-06-2012, 09:11 PM
5-20 . damn stop shooting

Swashcuff
04-06-2012, 09:11 PM
Westbrook shoudn't be in a shooting slump. Whenever he's not feeling it he should just pass the best player on the team.

And what is Durant going to do score 50+ every time Westbrook isn't shooting well? They NEED Westbrook's offense if they intend to be successful. Durant and Harden can't do it on there own.

tredigs
04-06-2012, 09:14 PM

He's a 47% shooter from the field. He's efficient, and even tonight is having a great all around game; 11 boards + 7 assists, keeping the energy flowing - just can't find the net and has missed multiple layups.

It's not like we're talking about some inefficient chucker who shoots 40% from the field and takes 24 shots a game like I don't know - Kobe (?), let's keep some perspective kids.

kjoke
04-06-2012, 09:15 PM
And what is Durant going to do score 50+ every time Westbrook isn't shooting well? They NEED Westbrook's offense if they intend to be successful. Durant and Harden can't do it on there own.

We are talking about shooting slumps, not making westbrook a different player. Some of his shots are soo ill-advised that they could be going somewhere else.

MetroMan
04-06-2012, 09:16 PM
He's a 47% shooter from the field. He's efficient, and even tonight is having a great all around game; 11 boards + 7 assists, keeping the energy flowing - just can't find the net and has missed multiple layups.

It's not like we're talking about some inefficient chucker who shoots 40% from the field and takes 24 shots a game like I don't know - Kobe (?), let's keep some perspective kids.

I have been saying this all year.

Second, I understand if westy is having a bad 3 games in a row but dont keep chuckn em if your losing

xk4
04-06-2012, 09:17 PM
Go check his ppg and shooting percentages. They have both increased every year he's been in the league.

AND he's only 23 years old. So chill the **** out.

tredigs
04-06-2012, 09:20 PM
I have been saying this all year.

Second, I understand is westy is having a bad 3 games in a row but dont keep chuckn em if your losing

He has not been chucking. The dude has been attacking all game and just can't seem to find the net. But let's not pretend he isn't keeping his teammates involved and is not crashing the glass doing whatever else he can to win. If he WAS chucking, I'd be right there with you. But I have been watching the entirety of these games and that just isn't the case.

Show me a player who would allow missed shots to dissuade him from continuing to take his solid opportunities and attack the rim like he knows he can and I will show you a player with a weak mind.

He has been guilty of bad shots in the past without a doubt, but that is not the case right now.

MetroMan
04-06-2012, 09:23 PM
He has not been chucking. The dude has been attacking all game and just can't seem to find the net. But let's not pretend he isn't keeping his teammates involved and is not crashing the glass doing whatever else he can to win. If he WAS chucking, I'd be right there with you. But I have been watching the entirety of these games and that just isn't the case.

Show me a player who would allow missed shots to dissuade him from continuing to take his solid opportunities and attack the rim like he knows he can and I will show you a player with a weak mind.

He has been guilty of bad shots in the past without a doubt, but that is not the case right now.

3 loses due to him as of late.

1 HUGE miami lose because of him.

By the way yeah he is a beast but he is hardheaded too

tredigs
04-06-2012, 09:28 PM
3 loses due to him as of late.

1 HUGE miami lose because of him.

By the way yeah he is a beast but he is hardheaded too

KD only has 44 points tonight too and is only SECOND in the league in scoring. It's sick how Westbrook doesn't let anyone else shoot on that team and they're only barely the best team in the west because of it.

You're right - he needs to be held accountable!

Fnom11
04-06-2012, 09:32 PM
Poor man's Stephon Marbury

MetroMan
04-06-2012, 09:33 PM
KD only has 44 points tonight too and is only SECOND in the league in scoring. It's sick how Westbrook doesn't let anyone else shoot on that team and they're only barely the best team in the west because of it.

You're right - he needs to be held accountable!

jeez dude. you act like I called him a bad player. his been playing like crap lately.... and in big games.

My question was whats wrong with him. and I'm stating when westy gets locked down or shoots like crap they lose. making that there weak point

in order to beat the thunders you gotta lock up westy

tredigs
04-06-2012, 09:34 PM
PS: Westbrook an assist away from a triple double.

MetroMan, I'm calling you out because you're doing the same thing all stupid reactionary fans do when a star player with a bad reputation is struggling for a stretch. It's also blatant to me that you haven't been watching the games. His play tonight was the last thing from chucking. He just wasn't hitting.

Fnom11
04-06-2012, 09:35 PM
ps: Westbrook an assist away from a triple double.

Metroman, i'm calling you out because you're doing the same thing all stupid reactionary fans do when a star player with a bad reputation is struggling for a stretch. It's also blatant to me that you haven't been watching the games. His play tonight was the last thing from chucking. He just wasn't hitting.

Even if this guy is being stupid he's 1000% better than Longhornfan who constantly trolls Heat fans about Wade.

MetroMan
04-06-2012, 09:41 PM

MetroMan, I'm calling you out because you're doing the same thing all stupid reactionary fans do when a star player with a bad reputation is struggling for a stretch. It's also blatant to me that you haven't been watching the games. His play tonight was the last thing from chucking. He just wasn't hitting.

his recent offense looks a lot like his last year playoffs where he choked.

Thats my main concern here. Especially with the playoffs not that far away

MetroMan
04-06-2012, 09:42 PM

he did not get that triple dub. But shot 7-23 though!

KG2TB
04-06-2012, 09:45 PM
I love westbrook. He has some deficiencies, sure - but he's a baller and is damned important to the thunder. He does need to learn when to be aggressive and when to distribute a lot better though.

DrDre94
04-06-2012, 09:49 PM
he did not get that triple dub. But shot 7-23 though!

Let's be honest here... Kobe has shot worse in the past. Guess what? Just because Kobe has several bad nights doesn't mean anything.

It's not a big deal especially when Westbrook been putting up good numbers this whole season (which is more than 3-4 games).

SeoulBeatz
04-06-2012, 09:52 PM
last 3 games

5-16

9-26

5-20 So far tonight

3 bad games= 3 loses.

A Kobe fan complaining about a player shooting too much....

Lakeshow24KB
04-06-2012, 09:59 PM
Why is it that everytime we have a thread about a player struggling in shooting people bring up Kobe? Jesus that's not the point of the thread.

Matrix3132
04-06-2012, 10:03 PM
I like Westbrook and his game and think the OP is overreacting BUT on a night when durant is going off for 44 pts on 15 of 24, I don't understand why Westbrook would allow himself to go 7 of 23 and I hate to say this, but only 1 assist shy of a kinda ugly tripple double which I didn't really think was possible.

On any team with two stars, the star who's struggling needs to step back and let the star who's going off get at least 10 more shots. Who knows, westbrook might even be able to become a semi-regular tripple double player then..

TheNumber37
04-06-2012, 10:16 PM
Just imgaine... Chris Paul, Harden, Durant, Ibaka, Perkins.

TheNumber37
04-06-2012, 10:16 PM
I guess theirs always D will. or Steve Nash.

iliketurtles24
04-06-2012, 10:37 PM
Well, if you stop everyone on the opposing team from putting the ball in the hoop, then yes you will win.

NYtilIdie
Yes, if you can stop him you can beat them. That makes him the "kyptonite"? Haha.

Do you realize that the inverse of your theory = when Westbrook balls, they win?

FYI - they have the #1 record in the west. You might want to think about what that means for a minute...

This. You're judging him off 3 ***king games you moron, where is this BS when they win?

kenzo400
Even great scorers should know when they need to stop shooting the ball. During the regular season it isn't as big of an issue. But if he ****ed up two playoff games like then it's a real problem.

Sadds The Gr8
04-06-2012, 10:41 PM
he's just in a slump....Lebron was in one last week.

Where were the threads when Westbrook was going HAM on everybody?

Mr_Amaziing
04-06-2012, 10:53 PM
He'll bounce back

justinnum1
04-06-2012, 10:55 PM
slump, but no reason for him to be taking more shots than durant

Blitzbolt
04-06-2012, 10:57 PM
He has one of the worst Basketball IQs in the nba and Maynor Injury is huge in my opinion it will hurt the Thunder alot especially since FISHER sucks

Rndy
04-06-2012, 10:57 PM
Only knock on Westbrook is that awful 28 ast%. He's still an amazing talent though.

BigBongTheory
04-06-2012, 11:12 PM

lol yeah, Kobe is inefficient....He's shooting way too much at times and he's slumping way too much this season, and has been inconsistent at times yes, But inefficient? You say it like he hasn't done anything all year. Were talking about Westbrook in this thread kid. I love when people go after another player in a thread not even involving them. Go to the Kobe bashing thread and go to work there. On to the next one.

tredigs
04-06-2012, 11:15 PM
lol yeah, Kobe is inefficient.... Were talking about Westbrook in this thread kid. I love when people go after another player in a thread not even involving them. Go to the Kobe bashing thread and go to work there. On to the next one.

The OP blasting 3 inefficient shooting games from Westbrook (a 47% shooter from the field and 80+% from the line is sporting a Kobe avatar. The irony's thick; Still with me, kid?

BigBongTheory
04-06-2012, 11:17 PM
The OP blasting 3 inefficient shooting games from Westbrook (a 47% shooter from the field and 80+% from the line is sporting a Kobe avatar. Still with me, kid?

I'm sporting Charlie Sheen and Pacino. Their movies/shows are inefficient.

D Roses Bulls
04-06-2012, 11:18 PM
I'll probably get hate for this since I'm a Bulls fan, but the problem is that he wants to be Rose. Personally, I think he is jealous of how much attention Rose gets and that he won MVP. He needs to accept his role as the Robin to Durrant being Batman like Pippen did with Jordan. Harden can flat out score, they don't need Westbrooke scoring to win. I know KD and RD should be put into no comparison with MJ and SP, but look at it this way, Harden is a hell of a scorer, he comes off the bench and does his thing. In 95-96 Kukoc was a hell of a scorer, came off the bench and won 6th man of the year like Harden. Pippen averaged 19ppg that season, MJ averaged 30, and toni came off the bench to average 14 a game. Pippen only scored when he really had too. Westbrooke needs to learn his place if he cares more about winning then self gain.

tredigs
04-06-2012, 11:19 PM
I'm sporting Charlie Sheen and Pacino. Their movies/shows are inefficient.

You're the posting equivalent of a chucker.

BigBongTheory
04-06-2012, 11:22 PM
You're the posting equivalent of a chucker.

Rose, Kobe, Deron, Ellis etc. I'm in good equivalent company.

boolish
04-06-2012, 11:40 PM
Thunder will go only as far as RWB takes them. everybody else on that team is solid bedrock. RWB is up and down doing stupid stuff like fouling LBJ on a breakaway. If RWB starts to mature and be solid bedrock for this team by playing efficient winning BB, then they can win it all. If he plays like he has been playing last three games they will lose to SA or MIA or CHI.

AIRMAR72
04-07-2012, 02:47 AM
he is taking good shots and sometimes he rushes the shot for some reason,they not dropping thunders problem is they have NO true post presence

smith&wesson
04-07-2012, 03:05 AM

wow...

This. You're judging him off 3 ***king games you moron, where is this BS when they win?

seriously ?

he's just in a slump....Lebron was in one last week.

Where were the threads when Westbrook was going HAM on everybody?

i agree saddy...

but atleast were not going around calling ppl idiots and morons. wallace is turning in his grave right now for being banned for making jokes while these wanksters are straight disrespecting ppl and no one says ish about it. go figure. nba forum at its best.

Sadds The Gr8
04-07-2012, 03:34 AM
but atleast were not going around calling ppl idiots and morons. wallace is turning in his grave right now for being banned for making jokes while these wanksters are straight disrespecting ppl and no one says ish about it. go figure. nba forum at its best.
lol tell me about it...absolutely ridiculous.

tredigs
04-07-2012, 03:43 AM
wow...

seriously ?

i agree saddy...

Yeah, fair enough, I'll look to show more respect.

-- I redact the rest for now --

Bullsfan22
04-07-2012, 04:20 AM
I should start calling people idiots and morons now that I know I can get away with.

sharqstealth
04-07-2012, 04:42 AM
last 3 games

5-16

9-26

5-20 So far tonight

3 bad games= 3 loses.

No No don't stop him... Don't stop him from shooting! lol! That kid is a BALL HOG!

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-07-2012, 05:03 AM

Kobe 3-20 and 3-21 FG this season. Damn Kobe, stop shooting! :laugh:

LAOwnsAll15
04-07-2012, 05:09 AM
Didnt Durant bust his balls for overshooting this year?

Durant needs to get on Westbrooks *** about the shooting. With a team like OKC there is no reason to shoot when you arent feeling it, pass the ball and get an assist.

BALLER R
04-07-2012, 09:54 AM
whoa whoa whoa you have harden and durant on your team. I like westbrooke but why are you taking 26 shots.

BALLER R
04-07-2012, 09:56 AM
Kobe 3-20 and 3-21 FG this season. Damn Kobe, stop shooting! :laugh:

that 3 for 21 ended with a game winner, no? but kobe's a shooting guard i have no problem with that. Westbrooke needs to settle down sometimes.

Mile High Champ
04-07-2012, 09:56 AM

Seriously, just last week I recall Kobe shooting 3 for 21 from the floor. He could use a lesson in stop shooting when your ice cold.. :rolleyes:

blahblahyoutoo
04-07-2012, 12:09 PM
he got stuffed pretty badly last night. rejection sent him to the ground lol.

willabeast77
04-07-2012, 12:12 PM
Westbrook has been good this season but many games he shoots too much. In a way he's holding Durant back- he's only averaging 28 ppg but if Westbrook were to pass it more and take less shots, Durant would easily be averaging 30 ppg.

ghettosean
04-07-2012, 12:31 PM
I've been watching OKC all season and Westbrook is one of a kind but he's immature that's the problem with him. Hopefully KD can help him mature... I do like that even though he shot like crap against the heat and the crowd was heckling him that he started to pass the ball more. I wish he would do more of this when he is not shooting well...

I also wish he would stop the showboating also but I still pick them or San Antonio to come out of the west (Pretty good guess taking the #1 and #2 seeds right... hehe). In all honestly though The Spurs are the only thing in my eyes standing in the way of them and the finals this year.

iam brett favre
04-07-2012, 12:35 PM
This is coming from a guy with Kobe "When your cold keep bombing 3's when you have two 7 footers that are amazing" Bryant in your avatar?

smith&wesson
04-07-2012, 01:30 PM
Yeah, fair enough, I'll look to show more respect.

-- I redact the rest for now --

good man. i respect that.

Twins Fanatic
04-07-2012, 01:44 PM
That team needs Westbrook, not many point guards in the West can match up with him. Let not forget that the guys has been big for that team in many games this season.

torocan
04-07-2012, 02:10 PM
He's regressing!
The NBA has figured him out!
It was a fluke!
His 15 minutes is up!
He's no good against "elite" defenders!
He's not that good!

Sounds oddly familiar... Oh Wait, people say this about EVERY young PG?

How about he just had a few bad games? :facepalm:

Hustlenomics
04-07-2012, 09:47 PM
he's a selfish player that doesn't want to get his teammates involved at all so he's just going to keep shooting until he gets his

Cal827
04-07-2012, 09:54 PM
LOL, and they wonder why Westbrook got mad earlier in the year.

Yeah, he's ruining that team, you guys need to get rid of him ASAP. Trade him to Toronto for Bargs

Sactown
04-07-2012, 10:26 PM
The Kryptonite is they don't really have an identity and they turn the ball over at a high clip

iliketurtles24
04-07-2012, 10:30 PM
this^

Knicks21
04-07-2012, 10:41 PM
I know he has talent, but when you have durant on your team and he is always running of screens for jumpers you should be able to average 10+ assists easily. Nash would go ham with that team. The fact he only gets under 6 apg is really quite bad.

MetroMan
04-17-2012, 01:10 AM
he's a selfish player that doesn't want to get his teammates involved at all so he's just going to keep shooting until he gets his

Nailed it.

He is so selfish. He always gets locked down against serious championship contenders.

when he cant throw a rock in the ocean why does he not pass the ball? 5 assists for a point guard is not good at all..... I wish they trade him for deron williams

4-16 tonight and only 3 assists.

ManningToTyree
04-17-2012, 01:39 AM
I won't say he is their kryptonite, but he is their key to a title. He needs to be on or they will fall again in the playoffs.

shep33
04-17-2012, 04:00 AM
I like Russy, gets too much criticism. That being said he's 7-30 against CP3 in the last two games, with 9 turnovers and 10 assists. To me, he's can't have more than 1 game like this in any playoff series from the 2nd round onward.

2011 Playoffs (losses and Russy's stats):
-Game 1 Grizz- 29 points on 23 shots with 7 turnovers
-Game 3 Grizz-23 points on 22 shots with 7 turnovers
-Game 1 Dallas- 3-15, 20 points, 3 assists, 4 turnovers
-Game 3 Dallas- 30 points on 8-20, with 7 turnovers

The entire Dallas series he shot 36% from the field and averaged 5 dimes, but 5 turnovers per game.

Thunder need him to score, no question about it. He's a great player, just come playoff team he needs to limit the turnovers an be a little more efficient offensively. He'll be okay I think.

He isn't their kryptonite, but like others have said, he's the key for them winning it all

Knicks21
04-17-2012, 04:16 AM
I have never seen someone who is so constantly so mad at the ring.

DChibes
04-17-2012, 08:18 AM
The day that Westbrook realizes he is no where near Kevin Durant status and starts passing is the day OKC wins a championship. If the Thunder would have traded Westbrook for Rondo, they would win the title no problem

Corey
04-17-2012, 09:11 AM
And so it begins!

PSD: Where small sample sizes determine how good a player is.

Swashcuff
04-17-2012, 09:36 AM
The day that Westbrook realizes he is no where near Kevin Durant status and starts passing is the day OKC wins a championship. If the Thunder would have traded Westbrook for Rondo, they would win the title no problem

You guys are AMAZING. It really is shocking to me how little understanding so many PSDers have for the game of basketball.

You do realize that without Westbrook's offense there is no way the Thunder would be the best offensive team in the NBA right?

Its really sad when the best offensive team's 2nd best offensive player gets chastised for not being more of a playmaker when in truth and in fact he along with Durant and Harden (the only 3 players that have scored more than 20 in a game for the Thunder this season) are the only recognized offensive threats.

Do you know what would happen to the Thunder traded for Rondo straight up? Kevin Durant would be gassed on offense they'd have no scoring off the bench (because Harden is would have to be inserted into the starting line-up) and they'd fall from being the best offensive team to another average team since after all they would have only 2 real offensive threats and won't be known for their D still so its not like they would be reliant on that.

Trading for Rondo would have been one of the worst things they could have done. Westbrook NEEDS to score for the Thunder to win.

And before someone comes in here saying that Rondo would make scorers out of Ibaka, Thabo, Collison etc I'd like to point out to you that Rondo did play with Kendrick Perkins and Perk was no better offensive player then than he is now.

The Thunder NEED scoring and Westbrook has provided that and is a major contributor to the league's #1 offense. What can't you guys understand about that.

You take away Westbrook's offense and the burden falls broadly on the shoulders of Kevin Durant & without a top tier offense for them to fall back on they surely wouldn't be as good as they are now.

Swashcuff
04-17-2012, 09:51 AM
The NBA's most efficient offenses

Team ORtg
Oklahoma City Thunder* 109.7
San Antonio Spurs* 109.6
Los Angeles Clippers 108.4

Now despite being the team that turns the ball over the most in the NBA the Thunder are still the league's most efficient and have been for the entirety of thee season. What the Thunder need to do in cut down on turning the ball over and Westbrook needs to understand that he is his team's PG and he shouldn't be shooting the ball more than Kevin Durant unless Durant is having an off night or he has the hot hand.

There is nothing wrong with Westbrook averaging under 6 assists per game if his team is winning as a result of his scoring. These arbitrary figures people like to gauge a player's worth by without paying attention to their team's actual production really shows a lack of the ability to look at the bigger picture.

Unless Ibaka and Thabo can become legit consistent 15+ ppg threats on a nightly basis on their own the Thunder NEED Westbrook to score as he does.

Mr_Amaziing
04-17-2012, 10:23 AM
You guys are AMAZING. It really is shocking to me how little understanding so many PSDers have for the game of basketball.

You do realize that without Westbrook's offense there is no way the Thunder would be the best offensive team in the NBA right?

Its really sad when the best offensive team's 2nd best offensive player gets chastised for not being more of a playmaker when in truth and in fact he along with Durant and Harden (the only 3 players that have scored more than 20 in a game for the Thunder this season) are the only recognized offensive threats.

Do you know what would happen to the Thunder traded for Rondo straight up? Kevin Durant would be gassed on offense they'd have no scoring off the bench (because Harden is would have to be inserted into the starting line-up) and they'd fall from being the best offensive team to another average team since after all they would have only 2 real offensive threats and won't be known for their D still so its not like they would be reliant on that.

Trading for Rondo would have been one of the worst things they could have done. Westbrook NEEDS to score for the Thunder to win.

And before someone comes in here saying that Rondo would make scorers out of Ibaka, Thabo, Collison etc I'd like to point out to you that Rondo did play with Kendrick Perkins and Perk was no better offensive player then than he is now.

The Thunder NEED scoring and Westbrook has provided that and is a major contributor to the league's #1 offense. What can't you guys understand about that.

You take away Westbrook's offense and the burden falls broadly on the shoulders of Kevin Durant & without a top tier offense for them to fall back on they surely wouldn't be as good as they are now.

This

Byronicle
04-17-2012, 10:33 AM
they would be better with a passing PG but westbrook has been chucking less shots with smarter shot selection

The goods
04-17-2012, 10:36 AM
I like westbrook and its not all his fault its their coaches fault for letting him shoot so much instead of telling him to pass and yes a lot like mike brown needed to tell kobe before he got hurt.

The goods
04-17-2012, 10:41 AM
Rondo on the thunder would've been a bad move but I don't understand why they didn't try to get chris paul for him that would've been scary,westbrook isn't bad but he's a scorer first and some times it bites them in the butt,he should be getting 10 assist a game or close to it on that team,but hey they have the best record in the west so it must be working for them.

Byronicle
04-17-2012, 10:43 AM

I agree that they need Westbrook to win, but I disagree with your opinion on a passing PG where a passing PG is a benefit to all

if they had Rondo, how would Durant be gassed? when Rondo would be finding other team mates easy shots to make? Just because he played with Perks and didn't give him better numbers is not really a good indicator of anything especially when Perks was in Boston for defensive purposes only and he has the same role with OKC and the offense that Perk seen back in Boston was through putbacks

How did many players who were the main offensive threat win games in the past then? Lots of players were able to carry the load and win games without another dominant scorer by their side, i.e. LeBron before Mo Williams came along, or Dwayne Wade after Shaq left or Dirk Nowitzki currently or Carmelo before Iverson came to Denver or Kobe before Gasol

When two of the big three were injured in Boston, Rondo had great offensive scoring games, who is to say that Rondo wouldn't step up offensively if given more chances on scoring? Especially when partnered up with a dynamic scorer in Durant who will in turn give him better looks?

ezenit2winit
04-17-2012, 10:48 AM

Uhhhhhh, The Spurs have the best record in the West!

Algmuskrats
04-17-2012, 10:53 AM
:facepalm:

Swashcuff
04-17-2012, 11:18 AM
I agree that they need Westbrook to win, but I disagree with your opinion on a passing PG where a passing PG is a benefit to all

If the passing PG is Steve Nash then sure no problem but Rajon Rondo isn't going to help his team in the ways that a Nash can. What happens when Durant's shot isn't falling?

if they had Rondo, how would Durant be gassed? when Rondo would be finding other team mates easy shots to make?

Durant would be required to start scoring at a much higher clip than he currently does. At worst 32+ ppg for his team to even stand a chance. This in turn will hurt his efficiency and put a much larger strain on him than say when Westbrook is on his game and Durant can take a back seat from time to time.

Just because he played with Perks and didn't give him better numbers is not really a good indicator of anything especially when Perks was in Boston for defensive purposes only and he has the same role with OKC and the offense that Perk seen back in Boston was through putbacks

Problem with this however is that posters have made this argument before that Westbrook doesn't get his players involved and especially not making use of Perkins on the inside. When Rondo himself as great as he is was unable to do the very same.

How did many players who were the main offensive threat win games in the past then? Lots of players were able to carry the load and win games without another dominant scorer by their side, i.e. LeBron before Mo Williams came along, or Dwayne Wade after Shaq left or Dirk Nowitzki currently or Carmelo before Iverson came to Denver or Kobe before Gasol

LeBron Cavs = Great Defensive Team built to LeBron's unique shot creating and play making abilities
Wade's Heat = Solid Defensive Team also one year proving to be one of the worst teams in the history of the game
Carmelo's Nuggets = never got out of the first round but also had like 5 different players every season scoring in double figures.
Kobe before Gasol = what did Kobe accomplish?

When two of the big three were injured in Boston, Rondo had great offensive scoring games, who is to say that Rondo wouldn't step up offensively if given more chances on scoring? Especially when partnered up with a dynamic scorer in Durant who will in turn give him better looks?

Better looks? Rondo has great looks all the time in Boston its the way he is played. He'll continue to get those looks if he goes to OKC. However being the poor shooter that he is he still wont be able to convert. Has Rondo stepped up his scoring on occasion? Yes. Has he shown that he can maintain that high level of play over the entirety of an NBA season? No and unless he develops his jumper and is able to convert at the line at a higher rate he'll never be a consistent scoring threat.

Rondo always gets great looks playing with KD wouldn't give him greater ones.

DLeeicious
04-17-2012, 11:35 AM

LOL

Brilliant insight. Basketball is so easy, just shoot or pass based on whether you're feeling it or not. No one would ever have off shooting nights this way - you just gotta avoid the missed shots by not taking them. It's so simple!

dalton749
04-17-2012, 11:55 AM
most overrated player on 2k ever

Stinkyoutsider
04-17-2012, 12:44 PM
I think there's nothing wrong with Westbrook. He's got to take those opportunities to score. Every player goes through bad shooting games. I just don't think he's learned yet that when you are shooting bad, you've got to take better percentage shots instead of your usual shot attempts.

I think it's all mental with Westbrook anyway? I think he should be playing the 2 anyway. He has all the physical tools. Wade started in the league as a point, and so is Westbrook.

He just needs to recognize when his shot is off and then try to get better percentage attempts...

shep33
04-17-2012, 12:51 PM
He'll be okay. He has to score for them to be successful

xk4
04-17-2012, 04:27 PM
Speaking from last night's game, the problem wasn't a shooting slump.

The problem was Nick Young getting about 10 practice shots in a row from the corner. They were so focused on stopping Paul and Griffin they completely broke down on defense and let it carry over to the offensive end too

DChibes
04-25-2012, 08:33 PM

woah ok lets see here....Westbrook is not a good shooter(outside, mid range) at all...he drives to the rack get his dunk once a night. What you don't realize is the shots that Rondo creates. Personally, I hate Rondo but the guy makes his team better. He finds open players and makes those shots that much easier. He creates shots for guys that can't create shots themselves. And since when was KD the only scoring option? Harden has been terrific this season. Ibaka has also had a solid season. The problem is that no one is creating shots for other players who can't create. Why do you think Derrick Rose is such a valuable player? Because he creates shots for other players as well as making his own. Korver can not create his own shot, he needs Rose or Deng or Watson to do it for him. Rondo does this better than anyone in the league. He draws the extra defender then finds the open man allowing a wide open shot. The Celtics are not a great team. They do not have great players. They have a bunch of avg-good players. So how can hey win? because Rondo is making avg players shoot easy shots. Look at the FG%. The Celtics have only 3 guys shooting under .400, the Thunder have 7. High percentage shots are being produced by Rondo, making the Celtics a dangerous team.

DChibes
04-25-2012, 08:37 PM
The NBA's most efficient offenses

Team ORtg
Oklahoma City Thunder* 109.7
San Antonio Spurs* 109.6
Los Angeles Clippers 108.4

Now despite being the team that turns the ball over the most in the NBA the Thunder are still the league's most efficient and have been for the entirety of thee season. What the Thunder need to do in cut down on turning the ball over and Westbrook needs to understand that he is his team's PG and he shouldn't be shooting the ball more than Kevin Durant unless Durant is having an off night or he has the hot hand.

There is nothing wrong with Westbrook averaging under 6 assists per game if his team is winning as a result of his scoring. These arbitrary figures people like to gauge a player's worth by without paying attention to their team's actual production really shows a lack of the ability to look at the bigger picture.

Unless Ibaka and Thabo can become legit consistent 15+ ppg threats on a nightly basis on their own the Thunder NEED Westbrook to score as he does.

If westbrook would drive and dish to these guys, it would give them easier shots and they could be 15+ppg

DChibes
04-25-2012, 08:39 PM
Apperntly, judging by the OKC fans, Westbrook is so amazing....so go ahead enjoy him and never win a Championship because teams like the Lakers, Heat, Bulls will always be able to stop two shooters. 2 on 5 doesn't work in the NBA

Swashcuff
04-25-2012, 10:40 PM
If westbrook would drive and dish to these guys, it would give them easier shots and they could be 15+ppg

Drive and Dish? Its as simple as that really? If that had been the case then Nash would make more 15 ppg scorers out of his current roster.

If you seriously think ANY PG in the NBA can simple drive and dish and automatically turn two very limited offensive players into 15+ ppg scorers then you seriously know nothing about the game of basketball.

Driving and dishing? Seriously? John Stockton himself couldn't do that.

Swashcuff
04-25-2012, 10:43 PM
Apperntly, judging by the OKC fans, Westbrook is so amazing....so go ahead enjoy him and never win a Championship because teams like the Lakers, Heat, Bulls will always be able to stop two shooters. 2 on 5 doesn't work in the NBA

You do realize that the Oklahoma City Thunder do have the best offense team in the NBA this season right?

The Heat, Bulls, Lakers etc will NEVER and mark my words NEVER be able to stop Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant. They'd limit them (and if Westbrook shoots as erratically as he is known to he can shoot himself and his team in the foot) but they'd NEVER stop Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook. These are two of the premiere offensive players in the game on the best offense in the league its not as simple as you make it sound.

Swashcuff
04-25-2012, 11:08 PM
woah ok lets see here....Westbrook is not a good shooter(outside, mid range) at all

Russell Westbrook shoots 36.7% from 10-15 feet league about for PGs is just about 39%.

He shoots 44% from 16-23 feet where he makes more shots than any other PG in the NBA league average for that position is just under 39% for PGs. He ranks 6th among all starting PGs in terms of shooting from 16-23.

He shoots 33.3% from the 3 where the league average for PGs is 35.1%.

So to say that Westbrook isn't a good shooter at all is plain and simple just being ignorant. He has a better mid range game than Tony Parker, Deron Williams, Jrue Holiday, KYRIE IRVING, Ty Lawson, Mike Conley, Kyle Lowry, Ramon Sessions, Jameer Nelson.

And is a better 3 point shooter than Tony Parker, Raymond Felton, Ty Lawson, DJ Agustin, Raymond Felton.

I know you wont reply to this post but to I'm just saying that to state that Westbrook isn't a good shooter at all really shows a lack of knowledge for what is being discussed.

...he drives to the rack get his dunk once a night. What you don't realize is the shots that Rondo creates. Personally, I hate Rondo but the guy makes his team better.

So what Westbrook doesn't do the same? You think they've become the best offensive team in the NBA by chance? Westbrook just like Durant and Harden has a huge role to play in that.

He finds open players and makes those shots that much easier. He creates shots for guys that can't create shots themselves. And since when was KD the only scoring option? Harden has been terrific this season. Ibaka has also had a solid season.

KD and Harden have been great but Harden isn't going to be the #2 option on a contending team while coming off the bench and Ibaka? Really? Serge is averaging the least amount of points per48 that he ever has for his career. His shooting from all parts are down and so is his overall efficiency. Do you really think 9 ppg is a solid season?

The problem is that no one is creating shots for other players who can't create. Why do you think Derrick Rose is such a valuable player? Because he creates shots for other players as well as making his own. Korver can not create his own shot, he needs Rose or Deng or Watson to do it for him. Rondo does this better than anyone in the league. He draws the extra defender then finds the open man allowing a wide open shot. The Celtics are not a great team. They do not have great players. They have a bunch of avg-good players. So how can hey win? because Rondo is making avg players shoot easy shots. Look at the FG%. The Celtics have only 3 guys shooting under .400, the Thunder have 7. High percentage shots are being produced by Rondo, making the Celtics a dangerous team.

And the Thunder have the best offense in the NBA and their team is better offensively when Russell Westbrook is on the floor than the Celts are offensively when Rondo's on the floor. So? What's the point?

You look at FG%s of players on teams and directly apply that to Rondo's playmaking. Comparing FG%s of their respective supporting casts are by no means a direct indicator to who would help their team out more on offense.

Lets look at my 76ers. Of the 11 players who have played in 20 games or more this season every single one of them have a shooting % of .400 or greater. Are you trying to tell me now that Andre Iguodala (our primary play maker) is in turn a better PG and makes his team more dangerous offensively than Rondo?

Westbrook is a more valuable offensive player and helps his team more on offense than Rondo does for his even with all his play making ability.

b@llhog24
04-25-2012, 11:16 PM

Still better than Rondo though.

PSD: Where small sample sizes determine how good a player is.

So true.

Hustlenomics
04-25-2012, 11:31 PM
You do realize that the Oklahoma City Thunder do have the best offense team in the NBA this season right?

The Heat, Bulls, Lakers etc will NEVER and mark my words NEVER be able to stop Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant.

Russell had a 6-17 shooting game against the lakers, another bad 3-22 shooting game against the lakers, a 4-16 shooting game against the heat with 4 turnovers and a 9-26 shooting game against the heat with 4 turnovers and 2 assists this season

Swashcuff
04-25-2012, 11:39 PM
Russell had a 6-17 shooting game against the lakers, another bad 3-22 shooting game against the lakers, a 4-16 shooting game against the heat with 4 turnovers and a 9-26 shooting game against the heat with 4 turnovers and 2 assists this season

And what was the direct result of Westbrook's poor play in those games? Surely wasn't just the D he saw. Westbrook shot poorly in those games largely because of poor selection. He pressed due to the fact that he saw it as games against some of the better teams in the league and he shot himself and his team in the leg.

Also you did read where I said them both right? If both Russell Westbrook and Durant are shut down by Kobe and Artest or LeBron and Chalmers over the course of a series I'd gladly never post here again.

Lakeshow24KB
04-25-2012, 11:50 PM
And what was the direct result of Westbrook's poor play in those games? Surely wasn't just the D he saw. Westbrook shot poorly in those games largely because of poor selection. He pressed due to the fact that he saw it as games against some of the better teams in the league and he shot himself and his team in the leg.

Also you did read where I said them both right? If both Russell Westbrook and Durant are shut down by Kobe and Artest or LeBron and Chalmers over the course of a series I'd gladly never post here again.

:laugh: at the fact that Iverson is a genius (referring to your sig)
As for this thread, When westbrook is off, hes off. When Westbrook is on, he's on. They're a dangerous team nonetheless with two all star, first nba team players. And they won't be easy to beat but if someone is able to shut down one of the stars, it'll be A LOT easier to win. Especially cause they both have a mentality that makes them want to keep attacking and get out of a slump and sometimes it backfires, sometimes it pays off. We'll have to wait and see.

Hustlenomics
04-25-2012, 11:54 PM

he has poor shot selection every game and he's not going to involve his teammates in the game when his game is off 9 times out of 10. You added Durant because he doesn't get shut down and he's clearly the best Thunder player Westbrook is the only one that doesn't think so

Swashcuff
04-26-2012, 08:21 AM
he has poor shot selection every game and he's not going to involve his teammates in the game when his game is off 9 times out of 10. You added Durant because he doesn't get shut down and he's clearly the best Thunder player Westbrook is the only one that doesn't think so

Dude do you read the things you post before you post em? I replied to the other poster who said the Lakers, Bulls and Heat will always be able to stop 2 shooters. I didnt include Durant for the idiotic reasons in which you stated, I included Durant because that was the topic of discussion. :pity:

LA_Raiders
04-26-2012, 10:48 AM
Westbrick

PurpleJesus28
04-26-2012, 11:42 AM
:laugh: at the fact that Iverson is a genius (referring to your sig)
As for this thread, When westbrook is off, hes off. When Westbrook is on, he's on. They're a dangerous team nonetheless with two all star, first nba team players. And they won't be easy to beat but if someone is able to shut down one of the stars, it'll be A LOT easier to win. Especially cause they both have a mentality that makes them want to keep attacking and get out of a slump and sometimes it backfires, sometimes it pays off. We'll have to wait and see.

I think that's the biggest problem with Westbrooks game. I get the idea that players need to get themselves outta their funk when they're not playing well to get their confidence back, but it seems sometimes Westbrook pushes the issue a little too much. Especially considering the fact he has arguably the best scorer in the league on his team. When he's on his game, the Thunder damn tough to beat. Problem is though, sometimes Westbrook takes himself outta the game in a sense.

Swashcuff
04-26-2012, 12:02 PM
Westbrick

Westbrick right?

% of Jump Shots this season

Player FG%
Kevin Love 0.348
Carmelo Anthony 0.351
Derrick Rose 0.358
Rudy Gay 0.360
Monta Ellis 0.361
Paul Pierce 0.362
O.J. Mayo 0.362
Deron Williams 0.365
Jameer Nelson 0.367
Danny Granger 0.368
Kevin Martin 0.376
James Harden 0.379
Gordon Hayward 0.379
Dwyane Wade 0.382
Ryan Anderson 0.383
R Westbrook 0.383
Kyrie Irving 0.387
Kobe Bryant 0.387

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/plus/shot_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=&match=single&year_id=2012&is_playoffs=N&team_id=&opp_id=&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&shot_pts=&is_make=&shot_type=JUMP_SHOT&shot_distance_min=&shot_distance_max=&q1=Y&q2=Y&q3=Y&q4=Y&q5=Y&time_remain_minutes=12&time_remain_seconds=0&time_remain_comp=le&margin_min=&margin_max=&c1stat=&c1comp=ge&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=ge&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=ge&c3val=&order_by=fg

Well according to their % of MADE JUMP SHOTS this season Russell Westbrook is a better shooter this season than Kevin Love, Carmelo Anthony, Derrick Rose, Rudy Gay, Monta Ellis, Paul Pierce, O.J. Mayo, Deron Williams, Jameer Nelson, Danny Granger, Kevin Martin, James Harden, Gordon Hayward and Dwayne Wade among MANY MANY others.

If you guys really think Russell Westbrook is such a poor jump shooter and Rose, Ellis, Nelson, Melo etc etc etc others are so great then you need to pay attention to the NBA in the very least.

This nickname of Westbrick just shows a posters lack of knowledge of the game.

da ThRONe
04-26-2012, 01:33 PM
The problem with Westbrook has nothing to do with his actual physical talent. It's his decision making. Far to many times he comes down the court in non-fastbreak situations and nobody else touches the ball besides him. He's a "ball stopper" at the one position where it's essential to move the rock.

Hustlenomics
04-26-2012, 04:46 PM
Dude do you read the things you post before you post em? I replied to the other poster who said the Lakers, Bulls and Heat will always be able to stop 2 shooters. I didnt include Durant for the idiotic reasons in which you stated, I included Durant because that was the topic of discussion. :pity:

ok still doesn't change what i said

Swashcuff
04-26-2012, 04:51 PM
ok still doesn't change what i said

Have you personally sat down one on one with Russell Westbrook and asked him who he thinks is the best player on the Thunder? If not then what you said is completely irrelevant.

Hustlenomics
04-26-2012, 05:11 PM
you must not watch Thunder games