PDA

View Full Version : Why do people make fun of LeBron for not being clutch?

SpaceJamJordans
04-06-2012, 05:42 PM
It's not like you can do any better than him or any other player in the NBA :eyebrow:

Edit: There's just too much hate nowadays.

Gators123
04-06-2012, 05:44 PM
ok

haggis
04-06-2012, 05:44 PM
Great point, never thought of it that way.

mjt20mik
04-06-2012, 05:45 PM
It's not like you can do any better than him or any other player in the NBA :eyebrow:

OMG you should win an award for that sentiment. Brava

:clap:

Cubby
04-06-2012, 05:46 PM
Yes, the problem is I'm not 6'9" and built like a ****ing tank. When I get there though, I'll tell ya.

justinnum1
04-06-2012, 05:48 PM
lol

Method28
04-06-2012, 05:48 PM
That is so very touching. I believe that we as humans, tend to overlook others emotions for a cheap laugh. But it is fellows like yourself that need to adjust our mental focus to make us.realize....we are no better than.one another. You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar!

TheNumber37
04-06-2012, 05:49 PM
Cause it's funny.

Kobes a Killer
04-06-2012, 05:53 PM
Because he's not clutch...

5ass
04-06-2012, 05:54 PM
because he'd rather make the right play and pass to his open teammate

mdm692
04-06-2012, 05:57 PM
because of this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz0ZPFKvcXc

and this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFe8KUEQdn4&feature=related

naps
04-06-2012, 06:00 PM
He's more clutch then the so called clutch chucker. Don't make me bring up the stats...

Avenged
04-06-2012, 06:02 PM
Interesting perspective. Lets not criticize him nor any player because it's not like we can do better...

Method28
04-06-2012, 06:03 PM
He's more clutch then the so called clutch chucker. Don't make me bring up the stats...

do it, do it.....DO IT! (starksy and hutch)

But really...DO IT.....I dare ya...chicken

More-Than-Most
04-06-2012, 06:05 PM
I hate clutch... Apparently when you give your team the lead with a big bucket with 2 minutes left that is not clutch but when you miss a last second shot for the win that is...Clutch is just beyond dumb

I am not a bron fan but I watched him lately and he drains big buckets late in games but because its not the last second shot the rest doesn't matter. What a crock of ****

PhillyFaninLA
04-06-2012, 06:05 PM
People don't consider Lebron clutch because they think clutch is only buzzer beaters, they won't admit it but that is what there posts say.

There are a ton of things that don't show up on stat sheets and aren't buzzer beaters that are clutch. Like avoiding the need to hit a buzzer beater.

edit:

Also it popular so all the mindless posters on this site (maybe 90% of the site) does not think for themselves so they jump on and think they actually believe what is popular so the restate it.

Pistol_Pete
04-06-2012, 06:07 PM
Because he's supposed to be the best player in the NBA. And he is. But, none of that matter if he can't hit the last shot. He doesn't even attempt to hit the last shot, he passes it up.

Nothing matter if you lose on that last shot, and 9 out of 10 times, you want your best player taking that shot. That's really it.

Method28
04-06-2012, 06:09 PM
So would you rather have LeBron give your team the better chance to win or a worse chance?

justinnum1
04-06-2012, 06:10 PM
lebrons defense at the end of games is clutch.

defensive plays can be just as clutch as offensive ones imo.

More-Than-Most
04-06-2012, 06:12 PM

Haters/Media/Morons all disagree.

Rain City
04-06-2012, 06:14 PM
not 5, not 6, not 7,......The MIA preseason parade......That put a major target on his back for people to make fun of him....And the fact that he is not clutch.

Rain City
04-06-2012, 06:15 PM

Not in NBA finals games 5 and 6, his defense was weak, ESPECIALLY in the clutch, Jet was going at him!

da ThRONe
04-06-2012, 06:18 PM
Because when your as good as him, people have to find flaws in your game even if it's manufactured out of thin air.

LeBron checking out mentally after game 2 in the finals didn't help either.

jrm2054
04-06-2012, 06:20 PM
bc he has not won a title so people say he is not able to finish

hgtiger32
04-06-2012, 06:30 PM
When someone calls himself King James and The Chosen One I would hope that he could back up his talk and come up clutch

SpaceJamJordans
04-06-2012, 06:33 PM
When someone calls himself King James and The Chosen One I would hope that he could back up his talk and come up clutch

He does by being the best player in the NBA for several years now

JoeBlessU
04-06-2012, 06:38 PM
He does by being the best player in the NBA for several years now

The best player without a title... no doubt.

llemon
04-06-2012, 06:42 PM
It's not like you can do any better than him or any other player in the NBA.

Because it is fun

naps
04-06-2012, 06:43 PM
do it, do it.....DO IT! (starksy and hutch)

But really...DO IT.....I dare ya...chicken

Ok, I'll make it easier for you. Here's an article (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/columns/story?columnist=haberstroh_tom&page=KobeLeBronclutch-101222) that explains it all with details (FACTS and STATS).

If you are not happy then try THIS (http://www.keeperofthecourt.com/2012/01/17/the-clutch-phenomenon-and-the-labels-overusage/).

YES.I.DID.

ModernDaySavage
04-06-2012, 06:44 PM

Or the best player, period.

tmacsc2
04-06-2012, 06:52 PM
Yes, the problem is I'm not 6'9" and built like a ****ing tank. When I get there though, I'll tell ya.

exactly.....i cant dominate other grown *** men and take anyone in the league to the rack at any point i want in the game! If i could i would be driving a helluva lot more in the 4th quarter.

Lidz
04-06-2012, 06:59 PM
First, people can make fun of him "not being clutch" because it isn't their job to be clutch. Just like how you would say a rapper can't rap or a singer can't sing. Even though you may not be able to rap better or sing better than the person you're saying can't rap/sing, that's okay because it isn't you job to rap/sing good. It's their job to rap/sing good.

Now to him not being "clutch". That whole thing is overblown because ESPN always needs a story and basketball watchers that wanted him to come to their team need something to hate on him for. His missed clutched shots are paid more attention to than his made clutch shots. People seem to forget that he's the SOLE reason why we got past Boston & Chicago the way that we did in last years playoffs, but remember him passing the ball at a pointless all-star game in the last seconds or passing the ball to a wide open teammate at the last second.

So while people CAN make fun of him for not being clutch just because they don't play ball as good as him, I don't understand why they would when he has clearly made his share of "clutch" shots.

Dnovakovic099
04-06-2012, 07:02 PM
Well I don't know maybe if he didn't take games off and look like he doesn't give a **** about basketball or any of his fans in the playoffs then maybe he wouldn't be made fun of. I don't know how Heat fans take it and still ride his dick. I am pissed at Rose for missing all these games and have lost a lot of likability for him. I know it is the smarter move, but would Kobe or MJ sit this long when the injury is iffy at best? Playing smart isn't always the smartest thing to do, :-). Sometimes you just have to say **** it and put everything on the line thats why guys like MJ, Kobe, and Russel have a ton of rings and guys like Wilt, LeBron, and Carmelo don't. Heart is what defines clutchness a lot of the time.

Dnovakovic099
04-06-2012, 07:06 PM
First, people can make fun of him "not being clutch" because it isn't their job to be clutch. Just like how you would say a rapper can't rap or a singer can't sing. Even though you may not be able to rap better or sing better than the person you're saying can't rap/sing, that's okay because it isn't you job to rap/sing good. It's their job to rap/sing good.

Now to him not being "clutch". That whole thing is overblown because ESPN always needs a story and basketball watchers that wanted him to come to their team need something to hate on him for. His missed clutched shots are paid more attention to than his made clutch shots. People seem to forget that he's the SOLE reason why we got past Boston & Chicago the way that we did in last years playoffs, but remember him passing the ball at a pointless all-star game in the last seconds or passing the ball to a wide open teammate at the last second.

So while people CAN make fun of him for not being clutch just because they don't play ball as good as him, I don't understand why they would when he has clearly made his share of "clutch" shots.

Because he takes games off in the playoffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How don't you blind Heat fans don't see this. It started with him giving up on his team vs the Celtics when he knew he was dipping and then last year in Dallas just ****ing sitting in the corner during the fourth quarter. When you do unclutch things like that then misses at the end of games look much worse.

lakerboy
04-06-2012, 07:08 PM

People make fun of Lebron because he called himself "KING", called us all "WITNESSES" and then really disappear in crunch time situations.

Lidz
04-06-2012, 07:14 PM
Because he takes games off in the playoffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How don't you blind Heat fans don't see this. It started with him giving up on his team vs the Celtics when he knew he was dipping and then last year in Dallas just ****ing sitting in the corner during the fourth quarter. When you do unclutch things like that then misses at the end of games look much worse.

While I agree that the Finals last year was horrible for him, you actually believe he took the games off that we lost that series? Why would he? He surely didn't take games off against Boston or Chicago. Why would he carry us that far and then decide to take games off in the Finals? What was his motive to screw the HEAT over and purposely not play well in the Finals? He played like sh**. We all know that, he knows that. He's human, not a machine.

Lidz
04-06-2012, 07:17 PM
People make fun of Lebron because he called himself "KING", called us all "WITNESSES" and then really disappear in crunch time situations.

It's a nickname. It's not that serious. Allen Iverson's nickname was "The Answer" and he doesn't have a ring. Nobody got on him about that. It's just a nickname.

lakerboy
04-06-2012, 07:18 PM
While I agree that the Finals last year was horrible for him, you actually believe he took the games off that we lost that series? Why would he? He surely didn't take games off against Boston or Chicago. Why would he carry us that far and then decide to take games off in the Finals? What was his motive to screw the HEAT over and purposely not play well in the Finals? He played like sh**. We all know that, he knows that. He's human, not a machine.

Lebron gets ridiculed more than other allstars do. It doesn't have to do anything with his built or his talent.

Athletic NBA players come and go all the time. Athletic players don't even always win, and plenty of Hall of Famers end their careers without any titles.

Lebron James gets ridiculed because he called himself the King. He and his team overhyped himself, referred to himself as a third person and called everybody just Witnesses. To make matters worse, he goes to Miami with a parade and promised 8 championships.

Lebron brought this level of attention and ridicule to himself. He raised the bar and fell way short of expectations. Thus, the ridicule.

lakerboy
04-06-2012, 07:20 PM
It's a nickname. It's not that serious. Allen Iverson's nickname was "The Answer" and he doesn't have a ring. Nobody got on him about that. It's just a nickname.

It's not just a nickname. Lebron really hyped himself from high school. He has a huge "CHOSEN 1" tattoo on his back for a reason. He REALLY thought he was the next big thing.

Lebron promised 8 championships and fell way off expectations.

Lidz
04-06-2012, 07:24 PM
It's not just a nickname. Lebron really hyped himself from high school. He has a huge "CHOSEN 1" tattoo on his back for a reason. He REALLY thought he was the next big thing.

Until he legally changes his name to "King", it is in fact JUST a nickname. And I didn't know it was wrong for a basketball player to believe he can win as many championships as he can.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-06-2012, 07:30 PM
The idea of him not being clutch is wrong to being with.

He's not be most clutch player but he's definitely no bum in the clutch.

Dnovakovic099
04-06-2012, 07:31 PM

I do agree that he didn't do it on purpose. I actually kinda like LeBron as a person and like him wayyyy more than Jordan as a person, I am a Bulls fan. That is the thing though, he plays like a monster pretty much carries the Heat past the Bulls and Celtics and now when he is that close to a title he plays like crap. This is why he isn't clutch. However, I do agree that he was clutch in Cleveland until he "gave up". That game against Detroit was ridiculous. If he just would have stayed in Cleveland and won 4/5 rings and keep preforming at that level he possibly would have went down as the best and most clutch player ever. Heck. leaving Cleveland could be interpreted as a unclutch act. Instead of sticking through the tough times, like Jordan, and bringing his home city a title he gives up and dips to go to the beach and to play with his best friend.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-06-2012, 07:31 PM

The only idiots who actually took that statement to heart were the people who wanted him to fail.

He said it to hype up the crowd. Haters are just using something OUT OF FUN to attack his career.

SeoulBeatz
04-06-2012, 07:32 PM
Cause it's the one thing he's not. But that's not to say he isn't capable of being a clutch player. He'll have his chance this coming playoffs.

People rag on him, but he's still a ****ing freak of nature. 6'8, fastest/strongest player on the court, can score at will (when he drives), amazing passer, rebounder, defender, great coordination. EVERYONE on this forum would DIE to have him on their team, if not, you're just a hater.

BUT with that said, I will never agree with his move to Miami. He had a great thing going in Cleveland and it would've been awesome if he could have won a championship for his hometown (that desperately needs him). Having to join up with your superstar buddies in Miami of all places just doesn't seem authentic to me. He's capable of doing it by himself. But whatever, that's another story.

Lidz
04-06-2012, 07:34 PM
I do agree that he didn't do it on purpose. I actually kinda like LeBron as a person and like him wayyyy more than Jordan as a person, I am a Bulls fan. That is the thing though, he plays like a monster pretty much carries the Heat past the Bulls and Celtics and now when he is that close to a title he plays like crap. This is why he isn't clutch. However, I do agree that he was clutch in Cleveland until he "gave up". That game against Detroit was ridiculous. If he just would have stayed in Cleveland and won 4/5 rings and keep preforming at that level he possibly would have went down as the best and most clutch player ever. Heck. leaving Cleveland could be interpreted as a unclutch act. Instead of sticking through the tough times, like Jordan, and bringing his home city a title he gives up and dips to go to the beach and to play with his best friend.

Well, he had the right to leave and he did. If he didn't and he never won a title, that would just be something else people messed with him for. "He's dumb he stayed with a bum team thats why he never won a ring." Anyway, this argument is so last year bro.

lakerboy
04-06-2012, 07:36 PM
The only idiots who actually took that statement to heart were the people who wanted him to fail.

He said it to hype up the crowd. Haters are just using something OUT OF FUN to attack his career.

It came out of your mouth. Lebron said it, and failed to deliver when it counted. Ridicule is well deserved.

Why do you guys have such short memories?? DID ANY OF YOU SEE HIS COLLAPSE IN THE FINALS?

It wasn't just one game. It was GAME 2 to 6!!!!!! Lebron VANISHED

BigBlueCrew
04-06-2012, 07:37 PM
Until he legally changes his name to "King", it is in fact JUST a nickname. And I didn't know it was wrong for a basketball player to believe he can win as many championships as he can.

you didn't know it was wrong??? when the dude hasn't even won 1 championship yet. Its like its everyone else's fault for his shortcomings.

lakerboy
04-06-2012, 07:38 PM
By the way, I am not even a hater. I utterly feel sorry for Lebron, and I really think he is a very good guy. I wish he'd win 2-3 championships throughout his career. That said, I still think he brought this level of ridicule to himself

Kutchie03
04-06-2012, 07:38 PM
I was 2/2 in the final minutes of my university of iowa intramural bball championship game last night #clutch #takenotesbron

Lidz
04-06-2012, 07:41 PM
you didn't know it was wrong??? when the dude hasn't even won 1 championship yet. Its like its everyone else's fault for his shortcomings.

Jason Terry got the trophy TATTED on him before he won it and people called him "confident" and "motivated". Get out of here.

ThunderousDemon
04-06-2012, 07:42 PM

Your act is getting really old. :yawn:.

lakerboy
04-06-2012, 07:43 PM
Jason Terry got the trophy TATTED on him before he won it and people called him "confident" and "motivated". Get out of here.

Come on man. People mocked him for that too.

Patriot Pride
04-06-2012, 07:45 PM
The only thing I make fun of LeBron for is having 0 championships.

Oh yeah and how he called out fans after the finals loss... that was low and not very classy. Another reason why so many root against him.

LeBron gets away with so many offensive fouls and travels its not even funny...

Lidz
04-06-2012, 07:45 PM
Come on man. People mocked him for that too.

Not even CLOSE to the flack LBJ got bro. We both know that.

BigBlueCrew
04-06-2012, 07:46 PM

really? dont lie

"Everybody laughed and they thought it was a joke at the time," said Terry

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/news/story?id=6592221

ThunderousDemon
04-06-2012, 07:48 PM

I'm sorry, I won't criticize LBJ anymore, pinky promise ok. :D

Raps18-19 Champ
04-06-2012, 07:48 PM
It came out of your mouth. Lebron said it, and failed to deliver when it counted. Ridicule is well deserved.

Why do you guys have such short memories?? DID ANY OF YOU SEE HIS COLLAPSE IN THE FINALS?

It wasn't just one game. It was GAME 2 to 6!!!!!! Lebron VANISHED

Who here has a short memory? A lot of people here note that he failed in the playoffs.

Ridicule over a playful statement? To a certain degree but not for the hate that he gets.

Half of the NBA world make as if it's their life achievement that Lebron failed. For a lot of fans, them ridiculing Lebron to the extent they do reflects on their life and he even said it himself. When Lebron said that people need to go back to their lives, he was right since at the end of the day, a lot of fans are pathetic by being so happy of someone's failure.

joe1nas
04-06-2012, 07:49 PM
Because he's supposed to be the best player in the NBA. And he is. But, none of that matter if he can't hit the last shot. He doesn't even attempt to hit the last shot, he passes it up.

Nothing matter if you lose on that last shot, and 9 out of 10 times, you want your best player taking that shot. That's really it.

he is not the best player in the nba

Patriot Pride
04-06-2012, 07:49 PM

He also lit up LeBron in the finals....

BigBlueCrew
04-06-2012, 07:50 PM

of course, we all acknowledge that. When Jason Terry become "the chosen one" then he'll get that amount of flack too

Lidz
04-06-2012, 07:50 PM
really? dont lie

"Everybody laughed and they thought it was a joke at the time," said Terry

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/news/story?id=6592221

Of COURSE he's goin' to say that. It just makes him look more genius for gettin' it and "provin' people wrong". What you failed to see was the very first sentence of the article you posted. You actually helped MY argument.

"Guard Jason Terry was so confident the Dallas Mavericks would reach the NBA Finals this season, he had it printed."

Keyword: Confident.

Lidz
04-06-2012, 07:52 PM
He also lit up LeBron in the finals....

He sure did.

ManRam
04-06-2012, 07:53 PM
A lot of people will take anything/any chance they can find to criticize and make fun of great athletes...

This is one of the few things the "haters" can hang on to, so they do. It's fair criticism (he's been plenty clutch in his career as well, people just have selective memories) but it gets slightly overblown, because of the nature of the beast.

Raps18-19 Champ
exactly.....i cant dominate other grown *** men and take anyone in the league to the rack at any point i want in the game! If i could i would be driving a helluva lot more in the 4th quarter.

If you played against guys your own size, could you do what he does?

Or what if I get your opponents in proportion to you so your size against your opponents is relative to Lebron's size against the Mavs.

Lidz
of course, we all acknowledge that. When Jason Terry become "the chosen one" then he'll get that amount of flack too

So nicknamin' yourself "the Chosen one" is worse than gettin' a tat of the Larry O'brien trophy before you even start the season. Okay.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-06-2012, 07:55 PM
So nicknamin' yourself "the Chosen one" is worse than gettin' a tat of the Larry O'brien trophy before you even start the season. Okay.

I believe so.

Terry getting the Trophy was something to motivate his teammates as well. Lebron did it because he bought into the hype of the media.

That's not to say Lebron actually isn't a great player though and isn't the next big thing in basketball just like his tattoo states.

BigBlueCrew
04-06-2012, 07:56 PM
Of COURSE he's goin' to say that. It just makes him look more genius for gettin' it and "provin' people wrong". What you failed to see was the very first sentence of the article you posted. You actually helped MY argument.

"Guard Jason Terry was so confident the Dallas Mavericks would reach the NBA Finals this season, he had it printed."

Keyword: Confident.

no. Lets not play the semantics game here. No-one CALLED him confident. Im sure if he put a tattoo on his body he was either confident or insane(or on drugs). Take your choice. But everyone else laughed. Not to the degree Lebron gets laughed at, but whatever.

Lidz
04-06-2012, 08:00 PM
no. Lets not play the semantics game here. No-one CALLED him confident. Im sure if he put a tattoo on his body he was either confident or insane(or on drugs). Take your choice. But everyone else laughed. Not to the degree Lebron gets laughed at, but whatever.

Sure, the ONLY person that called him confident was the guy that wrote that article and everyone else said he was crazy. Yeah right. lol.

Lidz
04-06-2012, 08:03 PM
I believe so.

Terry getting the Trophy was something to motivate his teammates as well. Lebron did it because he bought into the hype of the media.

That's not to say Lebron actually isn't a great player though and isn't the next big thing in basketball just like his tattoo states.

lol. okay.

LakersKB24
04-06-2012, 08:05 PM

We would probably still laugh at Terry for this, but he actually backed it up and came up huge for his team in the Finals, unlike others...

To answer the thread's question:

Because he isn't! Try and watch the presentation of the big three without laughing! 'It's gonna be easy!' 'Not 2, not 3, not 4, etc' and then you embarrass yourself in the Finals by not showing up when it mattered most. He still has a lot of time to win a ring though.

The thing is that being clutch isn't something you can learn, because you can't simulate crunch time. It's not a skill, it's a characteristic. You have to be born with it and so far, LeBron doesn't seem to have it.
The guy was steam-rolling through the playoffs but in the clutch he suddenly completely changed his game. It just seemed like he didn't trust his abilities anymore and started shooting jumpers and I think we all agree that that cost the Heat the championship in the end.

You could argue that he played defense in the clutch, but when your team is behind and you're supposed to be the superstar, you have to dominate on both ends of the floor. That's what makes great players great. Being able to lead your team offensively and defensively with the game on the line.

BigBlueCrew
04-06-2012, 08:13 PM
Sure, the ONLY person that called him confident was the guy that wrote that article and everyone else said he was crazy. Yeah right. lol.

trying to prove you point that hard hmmm....

dont you see when this article is dated? may 26th 2011

right before the finals started. Do you think the author would have called him confident if Jason Terry didnt make the finals? He would have laughed at him just like everyone else.

Lidz
04-06-2012, 08:17 PM
trying to prove you point that hard hmmm....

dont you see when this article is dated? may 26th 2011

right before the finals started. Do you think the author would have called him confident if Jason Terry didnt make the finals? He would have laughed at him just like everyone else.

Me? "He would've laughed at him just like everyone else" sounds like a person tryin' to hard to prove their point. He must've told you he would've laughed like "everyone else did" right? Okay.

Anyway, my team is losin' bad and this 2011 topic is wastin' my time.

BigBlueCrew
04-06-2012, 08:19 PM
Me? "He would've laughed at him just like everyone else" sounds like a person tryin' to hard to prove their point. He must've told you he would've laughed like "everyone else did" right? Okay.

Anyway, my team is losin' bad and this 2011 topic is wastin' my time.

yeah they are....

tell the Godfather that he needs to fire Spo, free piece of advice on me

HoodedSB
04-06-2012, 08:22 PM
They don't...you just watch too much ESPN.

Raph12
04-06-2012, 08:53 PM
I think I could beat Earl Boykins 1v1 if you gave me first ball :D... I don't think they make fun of him for not being clutch, I think people make fun of him for passing up shots in the clutch.

knicks4life33
04-06-2012, 09:20 PM
this thread is funny . personally i think wade is more clutch then lebron. Like this years allstar game everyone wanted lebron to shoot the 3 pointer and he passed up the ball and why does he back away from big moments. If he made that shot that would be a defining moment for him in a allstar game. lebron is a great talent and best in the league. if your team is down 25 points in 4 quater lebron is bring your team back in the game . wade is goin hit the winning jumper.

DaLakerz Rulz
04-06-2012, 09:33 PM
Lebron is not clutch. Kobe is not clutch. Wade is not clutch. Durant is not clutch. However, there are a select few in the NBA that are clutch. Off the top of my head...

Mike James
Brian Scalabrine
Troy Murphy

In no particular order. Might be more but those are the main ones.

LASportsFan1996
04-06-2012, 09:34 PM
Cause it's funny.

This LOL

LASportsFan1996
04-06-2012, 09:34 PM
Cause He Ain't LOL

Geek
04-06-2012, 09:51 PM
:laugh:

KnicksR4Real
04-06-2012, 09:57 PM
"Why do people make fun of LeBron for not being clutch?"
Because he's not clutch you dumbass.

iliketurtles24
04-06-2012, 10:39 PM
because he is lebron

KBfrom8to24
04-06-2012, 11:03 PM
Because his heart is smaller than his eggs...

D Roses Bulls
04-06-2012, 11:17 PM
:)

Ladies Man
04-06-2012, 11:37 PM
I don't know maybe because a lot of people don't like him. I don't like him, more because of all the dancing and silly stuff he use to do a lot. Doesn't do much of that anymore though

pedrofan45
04-06-2012, 11:45 PM
I don't know maybe because a lot of people don't like him. I don't like him, more because of all the dancing and silly stuff he use to do a lot. Doesn't do much of that anymore though

I miss the dancing :( dude's just trying to have a good time. People are boring.

Pittz
04-07-2012, 01:58 AM
Is Robin ever considered clutch? No, because he's not the man. LeBron made it clear he didn't want to be the man when he took the easy path to team up with Wade. Even if the Heat win, it'll come down to Wade.

da ThRONe
04-07-2012, 11:12 AM
Is Robin ever considered clutch? No, because he's not the man. LeBron made it clear he didn't want to be the man when he took the easy path to team up with Wade. Even if the Heat win, it'll come down to Wade.

So Robert Horry wasn't clutch? "Robin" would be a major upgrade for Horry's role in the NBA.

It's clear that LeBron is the "man" for the Heat. To say otherwise at this point is just bitter vemon.

Marlin234
04-07-2012, 02:06 PM

I love how people say that no ring part. Lebron is 27.

Fun fact: did you know Michael Jordan was ringlessat age 28?

Something to think about.. When Lebron wins his ring (because cmon we all know he will wether its in miami or on another team). What will be the argument? "well he only has one championship under his belt", "he failed against Dallas"...

Just stop hating... Just stop it :facepalm:

justinnum1
04-07-2012, 02:09 PM
Haters will always find something to hate about lebron

YEDN90
04-07-2012, 02:53 PM
^ That

tyfreaks brotha
04-07-2012, 04:16 PM
Not 5 not 4 not 3 not 2 not 1....

sunsfan88
04-07-2012, 05:15 PM
How the hell is this thread still open?

sargon21
04-07-2012, 06:31 PM
He's not clutch.

It has nothing to do with media, haters, etc.

He's actually not clutch. In the final 2-5 minutes of the game, there are quite a few players I'd rather have leading my team than Lebron.

beliges
04-07-2012, 07:44 PM
Haters will always find something to hate about lebron

The reason Lebron has so many "haters" is because of fans like yourself who think Lebron is great at everything when it comes to basketball.

When someone says Lebron is NOT clutch, theyre not a hater. Lebron has not been clutch for his entire NBA career. Lebron has not mastered the game as some of the greats that have come before him and he has a ways to go to achieve the level of success of the ones he wants to mentioned with when hes done with the game. However, there are some fans, like yourself, you place Lebron up there with the greatests of the greats to have ever played this game when in fact he is still quite a ways away from achieving that level of all time greatness.

Toxeryll
04-07-2012, 07:56 PM
cuz he likes to pass it to the guy in the corner for a 3pointer

da ThRONe
04-07-2012, 07:59 PM
He's not clutch.

It has nothing to do with media, haters, etc.

He's actually not clutch. In the final 2-5 minutes of the game, there are quite a few players I'd rather have leading my team than Lebron.

So lets all ignore the statistical facts and base our opinions off your list of who's clutch or not. That makes prefect sense:eyebrow:

smith&wesson
04-07-2012, 08:26 PM
he isnt a closer... but he will lift his team passed most in 3 quarters anyways. who cares if he defers to wade in the 4th ...

willabeast77
04-07-2012, 09:12 PM
The reason Lebron has so many "haters" is because of fans like yourself who think Lebron is great at everything when it comes to basketball.

When someone says Lebron is NOT clutch, theyre not a hater. Lebron has not been clutch for his entire NBA career. Lebron has not mastered the game as some of the greats that have come before him and he has a ways to go to achieve the level of success of the ones he wants to mentioned with when hes done with the game. However, there are some fans, like yourself, you place Lebron up there with the greatests of the greats to have ever played this game when in fact he is still quite a ways away from achieving that level of all time greatness.

Not true at all. LeBron has been clutch plenty of times. Him passing out of double teams in the closing minutes doesn't defined his clutchness. People only seem to remember the missed shots but forget his clutch play throughout his career.

CAVEMAN5
04-07-2012, 09:25 PM
haha the bulls fan says he is not clutch when he personally pooped on rose offensively and defensively in the eastern conference finals just last year. so who is on your clutch list?

3ballbomber
04-08-2012, 06:54 AM
Heat, while Lebron is part of the team, will never win a ship.

remember me when he signs to another team & just wasted years of Miami.

Dnovakovic099
04-08-2012, 01:01 PM
haha the bulls fan says he is not clutch when he personally pooped on rose offensively and defensively in the eastern conference finals just last year. so who is on your clutch list?

Dude, what do you have to say about LeBron's disappearing acts in the playoffs? I didnt know that the best player in the world is allowed to sleep through a finals series. You LeBron dick suckers need to stop riding his dick and face the facts. LeBron is the best player on earth and has been for a while now and will be for the next few years, but the dude dosent have the intangibles to lead a team to a championship. Well, atleast he hast proved it yet. For those of you who say the jordan **** blah blah show me where jordan ever disapeared in the playoffs for a few games. Also, no Rose hasnt been clutch and neither has durant but they have three to four years to prove otherwise until they get to lebrons age. Horry, bruant, duncan, ginobili, dirk, paul pierce, garnett, and im probably missing a shitload of current players are clutch players. You LeBron dick suckers need to get off of your knees, stoo calling him your king, amd realize that you need a ring to be clutch. Rose
and Durant still have time and havent dissapeared in the playoffs, although both got shut dpwn but atleast they didnt just sleep through a series

Dtownfan313616
04-10-2012, 08:00 PM
Because he's not clutch...

This lol

His lack of clutchness isn't affected by my ability to be or not to be clutch in the NBA.

I am clutch when it comes to meeting deadlines at my job and I'm not ever considered the best worker in the office due to my youth. He is considered the best player in the world. It's time to play like it or ditch the title. In other words ******* or get off the pot.

JJ_JKidd
04-10-2012, 09:34 PM
Because being "The Chosen One" means that you should deliver when the team needs it the most.

b@llhog24
04-10-2012, 11:00 PM

Lebron didn't give himself those nicknames I think you've got him mixed up with Kobe.

sep11ie
04-10-2012, 11:26 PM
I now feel bad for his mom gettin herpies from Delonte West.

PurpleJesus
04-10-2012, 11:31 PM
I used to be critical of President Bush, and recently President Obama, but then I realized I will never be president, so now I follow our leaders blindly.

sep11ie
04-10-2012, 11:40 PM
I heard Mr. Rodgers molested kids, I was MAD, now I'm ok...

ghettosean
04-10-2012, 11:45 PM

The bolded is the main thing for me and pisses me off.... If you don't think the man is clutch then your a hater even if you bring up different series, games, have footage or whatever.

STOP FOOLING YOURSELF EVERYONE HE'S NOT CLUTCH HE HAS NEVER BEEN CLUTCH! HE PROVED THIS TO US BY HIS FAILURE IN THE FINALS LAST YEAR.

If you want to talk about who is clutch on Miami look up D-Wade please.

Thanks ;)

NYKnicks4511
04-10-2012, 11:46 PM
OMG you should win an award for that sentiment. Brava

:clap:

The special olympics award for giving stupid answers to obvious questions.

showtime24
04-11-2012, 12:15 AM
because he chokes alot.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-11-2012, 12:21 AM

LeBron-PHILES never seem to surprise me. :rolleyes:

Any who, I think it's the whole notion that when he came into the league, he started doing that whole powder thing, wore that #23 jersey (MJ) and was the self-proclaimed King and Chosen one.

After 9 yrs and 2 different organizations, he still hasn't won a championship and he's been scared of the moment way too many times than the guy whose jersey number he wore when coming into the league....Michael Jeffrey Jordan.

NoahH
04-11-2012, 12:22 AM

Very true. I saw a study thing after the playoffs and he wasn't so bad. I think he was ahead of kobe infact

dannyh1469
04-11-2012, 01:18 AM
I consider clutch to be in a situation with more pressure than normal for lebron he has had the opportunity on the biggest stage of them all and when it was time for him to be the " king" he was a choke artist because IMO if he was clutch he would have 2 rings already

JJ_JKidd
04-11-2012, 04:04 AM
Lebron didn't give himself those nicknames I think you've got him mixed up with Kobe.

Hes got a tat of The Chosen One

knicks4life33
04-11-2012, 09:30 AM
Cause he goes from " The chosen one" to "The frozen one "

nycsports2
04-11-2012, 09:45 AM
the difference between rose and bron is... not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, but 0!!!.... thats why they make fun plain and simple

ManningToTyree
04-11-2012, 10:02 AM
Because he is a douche and it is fun :shrug:

PHX2daDEATH
04-11-2012, 10:08 AM
because the players he's been categorized with WERE Clutch (Bird, Magic, Jordan)... He's never won a title.. he's lost 2 Finals..he tried to guarantee how many titles? he left Cleveland to join forces with Wade and Bosh, Like he KNEW he couldn't do it on his own.. he put a target on his back plain and simple and until he becomes a Champion he should never be spoken in the same sentences as the greats..

Sota4Ever
04-11-2012, 10:40 AM
Because we can....

LongIslandIcedZ
04-11-2012, 10:58 AM
There is a laundry list of reasons fans do it. Some fair, others not so fair. I dont know what "clutch" is. He seems to struggle with the last shot of the game, but that may just be because he isnt a great shooter generally. But I have seen Lebron carry teams on his back with 4 minutes left in a game. I can easily see the argument for and against him being clutch. Lebron has also made himself an easy target for fans. From his joining up with Wade and Bosh to make things easier, to the decision, to the guarantee of 8 championships, mocking Dirk before the finals game. He just doesnt always seem to think before he acts or speaks. Is it fair to not call him clutch? By my definition it's not fair as I think he is a clutch player. But if someone else's definition of clutch is their ability to hit the last shot, than I suppose it is justified to a degree.

willabeast77
04-11-2012, 11:22 AM
Knicks fans claiming Carmelo to be more clutch than LeBron. Priceless!

DaBear
04-11-2012, 12:15 PM
Because he deserves every bit of it, and Miami fans always coming out to defend him makes matters worse.

knicks4life33
04-11-2012, 12:25 PM
lebron is scared of the moment . look at the allstar game he passed up the ball while he coulda made the game wiining 3 to win the game.Everyone wanted him to shoot the 3 and he passed it up. That woulda been a allstar moment and defined him if he shot it and made it in and woulda been 1 of the greatest all star games ever but heyyyyyyyyyyyy he went from the chosen one to the frozen one

raiderfaninTX
04-11-2012, 12:34 PM
we should make a thread about derrick rose and his clutch stats going back to college

PurpleJesus
04-11-2012, 12:42 PM
Because he deserves every bit of it, and Miami fans always coming out to defend him makes matters worse.

is Rose clutch?

D-Leethal
04-11-2012, 01:01 PM
He put a huge target on his back with the decision and the pre-season Championship Parade/7+ championship declaration

When someone is that full of themselves, think they are that bad ***, claims the process of winning a championship now is going to be 'the easy part', and than when the pressure finally get BIG TIME, he folds like clockwork.

Of course he's going to get a lot of flack for it. He brought the pressure upon himself, and thus far is giving the anti-Heat brigade that formed with his decision plenty of rejoice 1 choke at a time.

THE_G.O.A.T.
04-11-2012, 01:54 PM
Lebron is not clutch. He backs away from game winners and either misses shots or passes the ball off. But thats not the point. He's not trying to be clutch, I really think he doesn't want the pressure of the responsibility of those final second shots.

da ThRONe
04-11-2012, 02:04 PM
The amount of ignorance that circulate in the sports world is amazing.:facepalm:

justinnum1
04-11-2012, 02:06 PM
Lebron is not clutch. He backs away from game winners and either misses shots or passes the ball off. But thats not the point. He's not trying to be clutch, I really think he doesn't want the pressure of the responsibility of those final second shots.

Didnt have a problem taking them in the ECF last year, or the semis