PDA

View Full Version : Miami and Indiana have shown some interest in Greg Oden

spreadeagle
04-06-2012, 05:33 PM
It was accepted as conventional wisdom that after his third microfracture surgery earlier this year that Greg Oden was done. In the minds of most fans and team officials around the league he is done.

But not in his own mind.

Thatís what Odenís agent Chris Haynes told CSNNW.com.

ďNo heís not retiring. The only way that would happen is if he was forced to and I donít see that happening,Ē Conley said. ďHeís dedicated to making sure heís back on the court as soon as possible.Ē

Indiana and Miami have had some interest, according to the report. Right now Oden is back in his hometown in Indiana on crutches and will be starting he rehab to bounce back from yet another surgery. In for NBA seasons he played a total of 82 games and he hasnít been on the court since 2009.

I hate to say it, but Oden is going to be forced to retire ó teams may have curiosity but that is a long way from signing him and giving him minutes.

Odenís is a sad tale, a good guy whose body betrayed him. And betrayed the Trail Blazers. But there comes a time when the comeback is not happening, and it sure feels like we are not only there we are past it.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/06/greg-odens-agent-says-center-still-wants-to-try-comeback/

justinnum1
04-06-2012, 05:34 PM
Is he even going to be able to play next year?

Id rather have him on the bench than curry, so yea, if he will take the vet min next year ill take him

Slug3
04-06-2012, 05:43 PM
If you are over 7 feet, Miami is interested in you.

TheNumber37
04-06-2012, 05:51 PM
Indiana, they would have a huge frontline and they would be less pressure on Oden to perform and a high level and be healthy all the time.

VRP723
04-06-2012, 05:55 PM
This article is wrong, as long as he wants to he'll get chances to prove he's healthy. The upside is too high. He's 24.

GSWJunkie
04-06-2012, 05:55 PM
Some people are a little slow on the uptake, especially pro athletes. This guy is done, the sooner he realizes this, the better for his career it will be because he can start to prepare to adjust his lifestyle to a more normal one and hopefully he is resourceful enough to find success in another line of work.

5ass
04-06-2012, 05:57 PM
If you are over 7 feet, Miami is interested in you.

Jermaine oneal is going back to miami next season IMO

justinnum1
04-06-2012, 06:09 PM
Jermaine oneal is going back to miami next season IMO

ehh, he's done imo. rather find a young athletic big

Method28
04-06-2012, 06:10 PM
**** Greg Oden

KnIckFaN.2883
04-06-2012, 06:14 PM
greg oden is a joke. he'll hurt himself again by falling down a flight of stairs and end up retiring.

NYKnicks4511
04-06-2012, 06:15 PM
The Heat should look at Nogueira out of Brazil. He's immature and lazy, but LeBron and Wade dunking on him in practice should motivate him.

5ass
04-06-2012, 06:16 PM
ehh, he's done imo. rather find a young athletic big

Oden will get more than the vet min if hes healthy by then. Pacers have the capspace to offer more than miami. Oneal would be a decent pick up for the vet min, but yes even with him they still should look for a young athletic big.

Cfrey
04-06-2012, 06:24 PM
I would laugh if Oden becomes the dominate center he was supposed to be and then the Heat win 10 in a row

BSardogan
04-06-2012, 06:44 PM
I would laugh if Oden becomes the dominate center he was supposed to be and then the Heat win 10 in a row

F that. Wade, LeBron, Bosh and Oden all living up to their potential and dominating the league for over the next 8 years to come? I'd hate that. Also the NBA would actually be screwed if that happened. Simply because no one would care anymore.

As well as it would mean that Miami would prove it is in fact better and more efficient to have some crazy superstar team build up of free agents instead of building a succesful team with solid management, a smart organisation and smart draft picking like most teams have to (OKC being the best example). However big market teams like Miami, LA can just go ahead and f **** up and still attract several superstars for lucrative contracts, and keep winning rings that way.

Fly
04-06-2012, 06:49 PM
I feel really bad for this guy, but I just don't see him ever living up to his potential. His knees are just too fragile, which sucks, but it's true.

GoPacers33
04-06-2012, 07:14 PM
I hope he does good in Indiana. I go to his former high school :)

Cal827
04-06-2012, 07:18 PM
Just watch. Miami will sign him, he'll have a fully healthy season, and end up winning comeback player of the year, most improved player and defensive player of the year lol

Fnom11
04-06-2012, 07:22 PM
I wish the best for Oden. The dude used to be a monster. If he becomes healthy I think he can still dominate this league especially with all the lackluster centers.

akagiredsuns
04-06-2012, 07:25 PM
This thread is irrelevant. Oden is done. The thought of anyone interested in him is laughable. Rehab your knee go to dental school and just have a nice career in dentistry. Please anyone who thinks this guy has anything left after three micro-fracture surgeries, despite only being 24 needs their head examined. Oden is not coming back. :facepalm:

akagiredsuns
04-06-2012, 07:26 PM
Amazes me how the Heat faithful are feeding him false hope so they can have another big to add to their roster. :laugh2:

Kutchie03
04-06-2012, 07:36 PM
is there any center that the heat is not interested in? they keep taking people that no one else wants. they were the only team to offer curry, only team to offer turiaf.. no one wants these guys for a reason!

justinnum1
04-06-2012, 07:39 PM
is there any center that the heat is not interested in? they keep taking people that no one else wants. they were the only team to offer curry, only team to offer turiaf.. no one wants these guys for a reason!

they are low risk moves...

jailedgiantsfan
04-06-2012, 07:40 PM
me and my buddy were having a discussion the other day about whether or not u can call oden a "bust" or not. i mean in the NBA it happens often that players dont live up to their potential playing wise but with oden what rly was his potential?? he got injured so much u dont know if he coulda been good or what. so with that said can he rly be considered a bust just curious what yall think?

SINCESTARBURY25
04-06-2012, 07:56 PM
Greg Oden Miami heat center 20 ppg 12 rebounds and 3 blocks
just wait lol

RealLiveBear
04-06-2012, 08:07 PM
Such a shame he never paned out. Hopefully someone gives him a shot and he can get healthy. He's only young so anything can happen!

xk4
04-06-2012, 08:08 PM
If anyone is going to gamble on him, it should be the Suns. They have a ton of cap room next year, and with all their wacky new age medical equipment they have a better chance than anyone of rehabbing this guy. Send him to Phoenix and put him on an all-milk diet imo

spreadeagle
04-06-2012, 08:13 PM
This thread is irrelevant. Oden is done. The thought of anyone interested in him is laughable. Rehab your knee go to dental school and just have a nice career in dentistry. Please anyone who thinks this guy has anything left after three micro-fracture surgeries, despite only being 24 needs their head examined. Oden is not coming back. :facepalm:

dude his hands must be massive how the **** he gunna fit em in someones mouth lmao

spreadeagle
04-06-2012, 08:15 PM

I thought Turiaf was a good sign for them, he will be good on a team that doesnt need him to score, just rebound throw guys around in the paint ect

BSardogan
04-06-2012, 08:18 PM
me and my buddy were having a discussion the other day about whether or not u can call oden a "bust" or not. i mean in the NBA it happens often that players dont live up to their potential playing wise but with oden what rly was his potential?? he got injured so much u dont know if he coulda been good or what. so with that said can he rly be considered a bust just curious what yall think?

I remember how there was a national poll on draft day, whether you'd pick Durant at #1 in that draft or Greg Oden. Oden not only won by FAR, but they were talking about him being the new Shaq, Dwight and what more.

The fact that he was a 7''1 Center that could not only play beast defense but was also a great offensive thread made that people had Really high expectations of this guy. However, I don't think you can call someone that was limited by his injury as much as Oden was a ''bust'.

Firstly because he still has the potential that he could STILL live up to if given the chance, and if he doesn't keep getting injured all the time. However, I'm not sure if that would even be a realistic option looking at his resume. It might be time for him to start focusing on different things, as hard as that may be if you're a talented as he was. Sometimes you just gotta realize that you have to do whats best for you and not what you were hoping and training for your entire life.

VillaMaravilla
04-06-2012, 08:25 PM
if any team can fix him its the Suns, their medical staff is second to none

LASportsFan1996
04-06-2012, 09:37 PM
Hell I'd Take Him For Cheap, Low Risk High Reward

PacersForLife
04-07-2012, 12:49 AM
The good thing about Oden is that he is a low risk, high reward. I could see the Pacers offer him a small contract and allow him to rehab in Indy and he could just play when he's ready, if that ever happens.

AceMan
04-07-2012, 01:50 AM
For his own sake he needs to go to Phoenix so they can fix him.

xxcubs22xx
04-07-2012, 02:03 AM
He is done. Even if he gets healthy it won't last long and he won't offer great production.

I honestly hope the Heat or the Pacers sign him, even if he is low risk higher reward.

With a physique like that and the history with his knees, he has almost absolutely nothing to offer a team in the long run.

AIRMAR72
04-07-2012, 02:27 AM
oden bones are made from glass im sure this subject is FALSE

FriedTofuz
04-07-2012, 02:44 AM
i wouldnt mind giving him a 3 year contract with the mid level exeption. if he dont work our, AMMESTY? :D
Low risk, high reward.

BlinkManJan02
04-07-2012, 02:57 AM
Milwaukee Bucks being moved to Vegas, team name becomes the Las Vegas Divas. They automatically acquire LeBron, Melo, and Howard. FUUUUCK these people, jesus.

BlinkManJan02
04-07-2012, 02:58 AM
shiiiit, I thought I was in the "Howard stayed in ORL to avoid LA" thread. sorry!

Oden though, that will be interesting to see if anyone picks him up. Not that he will play for them most likely, and it will clearly be for league minimum..we would all hope anyways.

smith&wesson
04-07-2012, 03:08 AM
it is sad be seriously this guys just getting paid for nothing season after season. and if he keeps getting injured and having surgery over and over again his knees and body will suffer when he gets older. he should seriously think about that.

bholly
04-07-2012, 05:06 AM
The Heat should look at Nogueira out of Brazil. He's immature and lazy, but LeBron and Wade dunking on him in practice should motivate him.

Has there even been any indication that he'll enter the draft?

kingsdelez24
04-07-2012, 06:11 AM
I don't think oden could last in pat rileys practices

gilly
04-07-2012, 08:05 AM
The Phoenix Suns should just play him this video from 0:45-1:00.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HofoK_QQxGc

D1JM
04-07-2012, 08:13 AM
This guy needs to take like two years off before coming back

JayW_1023
04-07-2012, 08:15 AM
Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Grant Hill...alot of players have come back from worse. I still hope Oden can come back and contribute to a team.

IndyRealist
04-07-2012, 08:35 AM
I remember how there was a national poll on draft day, whether you'd pick Durant at #1 in that draft or Greg Oden. Oden not only won by FAR, but they were talking about him being the new Shaq, Dwight and what more.

The fact that he was a 7''1 Center that could not only play beast defense but was also a great offensive thread made that people had Really high expectations of this guy. However, I don't think you can call someone that was limited by his injury as much as Oden was a ''bust'.

Firstly because he still has the potential that he could STILL live up to if given the chance, and if he doesn't keep getting injured all the time. However, I'm not sure if that would even be a realistic option looking at his resume. It might be time for him to start focusing on different things, as hard as that may be if you're a talented as he was. Sometimes you just gotta realize that you have to do whats best for you and not what you were hoping and training for your entire life.
Potential, nah. When he's played he's been a monster. Lived up to every single bit of the hype. He just can't stay on the court. If the Pacers get him it'll be to play about 12mpg behind Hibbert. We can keep him healthy by limiting his minutes. Heck, Pacers would sign him just for the boost in ticket sales.

IndyRealist
04-07-2012, 08:37 AM
i wouldnt mind giving him a 3 year contract with the mid level exeption. if he dont work our, AMMESTY? :D
Low risk, high reward.

You can't amnesty a player you didn't have under contract in 2010-11.

king4day
04-07-2012, 09:12 AM
Wow the spelling and grammar in that article are terrible.

I'd be shocked if his agent doesn't knock on the Suns' door first when he's ready. Despite all this talk, they need to find the safest route back to the NBA. IMO Phoenix is it.