PDA

View Full Version : Cousins calls Blake an actor. says he "babied" by league

boogie-reke
04-06-2012, 12:03 PM
SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- DeMarcus Cousins was frustrated with Blake Griffin even before their wrestling match on Thursday night.

The Kings' center had seen the replays from Wednesday's Clippers-Lakers game like everyone else, how the high-flying Griffin planted his elbow in the face of Pau Gasol during one of his trademark spectacular dunks. Opinions had varied about whether Griffin should have been called for an offensive foul, including Kobe Bryant's assessment that the play was above reproach.

But Cousins didn't see it that way. He viewed the no-call as a continuation of the preferential treatment that Griffin has received from the NBA during his two seasons.

"He's babied," Cousins told SI.com after the Kings fell to the Clippers 93-85. "He's the poster child of the league. He sells tickets, but he's babied. Bottom line."

Babied by whom, Cousins was asked.

"The refs, the league -- period," he continued. "He gets away with [everything]. He taunts players. Nothing is done. He's babied."

Cousins' strong stance was quite the setup for Saturday night, when the Clippers, who are fighting for home-court advantage in the playoffs, play host to the Kings at Staples Center. And considering the way Cousins and Griffin traded blows down the stretch of Thursday's game, the rematch will offer plenty of intrigue.

"I thought that was a great football game tonight," Kings coach Keith Smart quipped.

If Cousins had his way, the short-lived battle with Griffin would have lasted beyond the final buzzer. They had swapped sharp elbows, arm bars and verbal jabs, the back and forth getting testier as the final minutes came to a close.

Moments after Griffin's late scoring surge helped the Clippers hold on for their seventh win in eight games, Cousins -- who played just 18 minutes because of foul trouble and had to sit down for good with six seconds left -- made it clear he wanted more. He could be seen jawing with Griffin from the team's bench before heading toward the locker room, then pointing toward the tunnel as if to invite him to the worst kind of postgame party.

Cousins laughed and smiled when asked what he had said, but then declined to comment on the matter. Griffin, however, confirmed that Cousins had wanted their tussle to continue after the game.

"Yeah, but we don't want to go there," said Griffin, who had 14 points and nine rebounds to Cousins' eight points and three rebounds. "We really don't want to go there. That's something that will hopefully go away as time goes on for him.

"When guys get frustrated, that's what happens. Like I said, I'm not trying to get into a back and forth, a verbal back and forth. Whatever happened out there happened, and I'm moving on."

Cousins had plenty of reason to be frustrated. He had been outstanding lately, averaging 26.4 points and 12.2 rebounds in the previous nine games and scoring a career-high 41 points in a loss to Phoenix on Tuesday. His consistent play and smooth sailing with Smart had made the second half of the season far more positive than the first, when his clashes with Paul Westphal led to the coach's firing after only seven games. Cousins had become the quiet one of the league's top-tier big-man bunch, with Orlando's Dwight Howard and the Lakers' Andrew Bynum wrapped up in nonsense of their own recently.

But early fouls in Cousins' latest outing meant he was stuck on the bench for most of the night, and numerous key plays went against him at the end. After Cousins barreled through Griffin and Caron Butler for a layup that cut the Clippers' lead to one with 1:30 left and prompted Kings commentator Bill Walton to say "he very well may be the third-best center in basketball," Cousins' ball-swipe attempt on Griffin on the next possession led to his fifth foul. The camera angle didn't show whether Cousins made contact with Griffin's face, but Smart was incensed on the sideline and Cousins was quick to accuse Griffin of selling his reaction to get the call.

"Of course that's what Blake is going to say because he's in L.A., where actors belong," Cousins said when told that Griffin was "moving on" to the rematch. "He's an actor."

Cousins was then asked about the foul.

"I guess the wind from my hand hit him in the eye," he said sarcastically. "I guess he got fouled by the wind. I'm not sure."

Griffin, who hit two jumpers and a half-hook in the post during an 85-second stretch late, fronted Cousins and forced a turnover on a Kings inbound pass with 16.5 seconds left to all but end it. Cousins, who took exception to Griffin's arm being wrapped around his waist on the play, was convinced it was yet another case of Griffin's being let off easy.

If the Kings ever find their way out of the Pacific Division cellar, this could become quite the rivalry. For now, though, Griffin wasn't ready to reciprocate Cousins' contentiousness. Nor was he expecting an NBA rendition of Saturday Night Raw when the two teams play again.

"Nah, it wasn't me going at it," he said with a chuckle afterward. "There was none of that. I don't want to get that [idea] started. I don't know, man. You're asking the wrong guy in this ordeal.

"There were some things that I think I wouldn't have handled them the same way, but I'm not the judge of what's wrong and right out there. We'll see what happens."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/w ... z1rH7Rw41j

REALTALK :clap: way to go boogie, tell the world whats up with that flopper once and for all.

What he said on video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHMOyEfL3xg&feature=player_embedded

Blake flops and then stares at refs till he get the no-call
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev1M1AYQR3s&feature=player_embedded

Demarcus taking a jab at Blakes defense
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULny1yAzVik&feature=player_embedded

And the good thing is - they meet again in a couple of days! :laugh2:

The NBA is so much better when players go at eachother and don't try make friends out there, long may it continue.

PacersForLife
04-06-2012, 12:07 PM
Cousins is speaking the truth here...

DerekRE_3
04-06-2012, 12:10 PM
Cousins does two things: Boogie and speak the truth.

Corey
04-06-2012, 12:12 PM
Accurate.

He115ing
04-06-2012, 12:14 PM
I wish Cousins would just knock him the ******* out!

He115ing
04-06-2012, 12:16 PM
The second video, just makes me hat Griffin even more. What a faker.

CityofTreez
04-06-2012, 12:17 PM
Watching the game last night, I completely agree w/ Boogie.

BTW, he's so terrible at defense. Jason Thompson exploited him last night, and that was surprising. I never really noticed how lackluster his defense really is.

Sadds The Gr8
04-06-2012, 12:18 PM
:laugh2: @ the foul. I would've gone ballistic if he did that crap against the Raptors

LGhost
04-06-2012, 12:20 PM
NBA is becoming more based on he say and stories than basketball... Reminds me of the WWE

Teeboy1487
04-06-2012, 12:20 PM
I have a new respect for Boogie. Blake Griffin is an ***.

Lakeshow24KB
04-06-2012, 12:23 PM
I've always liked Cousins but this made him even higher in the rankings. **** you Blake Griffin. Thank you Demarcus Cousins

haggis
04-06-2012, 12:23 PM
He's right.

JDMVP
04-06-2012, 12:25 PM
For once I agree with this DouchBAG

Bostondiehard
04-06-2012, 12:26 PM
Didn't watch the game.. but either way Cousins only had 8 pts and didn't get to the line once.. sure he can score 41 against the Suns who have no physical post presence but once he goes up against Blake and DJ he goes missing.. Blake was 0-4 from the line.

LGhost
Wow and to think he said this right before they meet up again... I wonder what this will translate to on the court. Any guesses?

kdspurman
:clap: Griffin is turning into a huge joke.

Lakeshow24KB
04-06-2012, 12:31 PM
I doubt he'll fight him on the court. But if he does I'll piss my pants

Lakers + Giants
04-06-2012, 12:35 PM
Been sayin it for a while. Blake is a terrible defender and a flopper. Just glad Boogie called him out on it :clap:

Baller1
04-06-2012, 12:38 PM
Not a fan of Cousins, but he just earned some extra points... Because I REALLY can't stand Blake.

lakers4sho
04-06-2012, 12:40 PM
I love my cousins.

jailedgiantsfan
04-06-2012, 12:43 PM
blake can go flop around after cousins punches him in the mouth in 2 days ...

Avenged
04-06-2012, 12:45 PM
Haha suddenly everyone likes Cousins! Make room for me in the bandwagon :p

crazy how many people dislike Blake.

shep33
04-06-2012, 12:48 PM
I like this from DMC

Public Enemy #1
04-06-2012, 12:48 PM
Star treatment, Blake's always gotten it. So annoying

shep33
04-06-2012, 12:49 PM
They play on Saturday again right? Lol, gonna be interesting to see what happens

Missing56&33
04-06-2012, 12:53 PM

I'm surprised.......I love Blake Griffin.....sounds like Cousins may be a little jealous. But you put up 8 and 8 in a loss......maybe if he work harder and stop being so ****ing inconsistent , he could actually learn how to play defense and use his feet instead of half assing.....ultimately fouling out.

Maybe with hard work he can be an all star one day.

LGhost
04-06-2012, 12:54 PM
Star treatment, Blake's always gotten it. So annoying

The guy could be a good actor in all seriousness based on his commercials. His flops don't really show good acting though but flops aren't supposed to in the NBA, they are supposed resemble baby tantrums

He115ing
04-06-2012, 12:55 PM

Lol this is true. I did not Cousins that much either, but I have to give him respect for calling out Blake, really can't stand him.

Baller1
04-06-2012, 12:55 PM
I'm surprised.......I love Blake Griffin.....sounds like Cousins may be a little jealous. But you put up 8 and 8 in a loss......maybe if he work harder and stop being so ****ing inconsistent , he could actually learn how to play defense and use his feet instead of half assing.....ultimately fouling out.

You must not watch much of Blake Griffin then.

Sinestro
04-06-2012, 12:56 PM
Respect to Cousins

ThunderousDemon
04-06-2012, 01:00 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself, he's spot on.

texasfight4535
04-06-2012, 01:02 PM
Like it or not people, blake is a damn good player that gives you a double double almost on a nightly basis. People just love bashing on the clips so much, and why don't people complain about all the calls kobe, lebron, and dwade get.....

iam brett favre
04-06-2012, 01:03 PM
DeMarcus Cousins has slowly been becoming my favorite player all year.

ThunderousDemon
04-06-2012, 01:06 PM
Like it or not people, blake is a damn good player that gives you a double double almost on a nightly basis. People just love bashing on the clips so much, and why don't people complain about all the calls kobe, lebron, and dwade get.....

Blake can't compare to those STARS you mentioned especially Kobe and Wade, check the fingers.

tyfreaks brotha
04-06-2012, 01:06 PM
Anyone who watched the game know this is pretty accurate. Boogie speaks the truth :clap:

Hawkeye15
04-06-2012, 01:07 PM
He is right to a degree. Blake gets away with a lot of over the backs, offensive fouls, and sells touch fouls that aren't even there. The hip check deal a few weeks ago was a bit overboard by him. I like watching him play at times, but he is an actor. Boogie isn't saying anything that isn't true. But he had better be careful how often he talks smack to a protected superstar.

Missing56&33
04-06-2012, 01:08 PM
You must not watch much of Blake Griffin then.

I think its the other way around. I must not watch much of Cousins.....every time i see him play, he's complaining a *****ing about something. He looks like he always have an attitude. I guess he should be getting more calls after 2 years in the league?

ThunderousDemon
04-06-2012, 01:11 PM
I think its the other way around. I must not watch much of Cousins.....every time i see him play, he's complaining a *****ing about something. He looks like he always have an attitude. I guess he should be getting more calls after 2 years in the league?

You can't defend Blake, so you start to bash other players. :facepalm: You lost, it's over, throw in the towel, Mickey throw in the towel for the boy or else he's going to get really hurt.

Baller1
04-06-2012, 01:12 PM

I'm not sticking up for Cousins at all, he actually annoys me as well. But what he's saying here is true... Blake gets babied like no one else in the league, and it's simply because he can create amazing highlights. He's a joke, a baby, and I want more players to call him out like this.

smith&wesson
04-06-2012, 01:13 PM
i may get blasted for this but cousins >> griffen.

cousins def has a more complete game. but griffen does have more maturity.

tyfreaks brotha
04-06-2012, 01:15 PM

Cousins can score better, better handles, I think both of they're defense is about the same. And Cousins is maturing a lot this season. So I'd say Cousins > Griffin.

IBIGCAH

da ThRONe
04-06-2012, 01:17 PM
I can't find any fault in what he says.

I strongly dislike the way pro leagues blatantly bend the rules or coddle their stars.

Cfrey
04-06-2012, 01:22 PM
I'm actually starting to love Demarcus more and more as days pass lol.

Griffin is a *****

meloman1592
04-06-2012, 01:24 PM
Why so much Blake hate? I never saw anyone complaining about Ginobli or Varejao

PleaseBeNice
04-06-2012, 01:24 PM
Thats right my man!

meloman1592
04-06-2012, 01:25 PM
I think a lot of you are mad because Blake has embarrassed your team at sometime in the past...no im not a clipper fan

smith&wesson
04-06-2012, 01:25 PM
Cousins can score better, better handles, I think both of they're defense is about the same. And Cousins is maturing a lot this season. So I'd say Cousins > Griffin.

IBIGCAH

i cant say i disagree

Cfrey
04-06-2012, 01:26 PM

Blake is taking his bogus acting to another level...

And I also think it has something to do with his dunking ability, constantly in the limelight now.

Varejao?? Who cares

Ginobli is a *****

Jenceman
04-06-2012, 01:33 PM
I'm starting to like Cousins more and more. Of course I'll dislike him when he plays the Lakers, but he's speaking the truth here and been playing great lately (besides the stinker against the clips, but whatever).

Lake_Show2416
04-06-2012, 01:35 PM
Cousins ain't lying

Blake = NBA's *****

Kashmir13579
04-06-2012, 01:38 PM
Cousins is still an idiot and needs to learn his place.

Beltrans Mole
04-06-2012, 01:38 PM
Cousins is annoying end of story. He's a 14 year old boy in a 6'11 body.

justinnum1
04-06-2012, 01:41 PM
good for cousins, other players should chip in for the fine he is about to get

DerekRE_3
04-06-2012, 01:44 PM
DeMarcus Cousins has slowly been becoming my favorite player all year.

I'm actually starting to love Demarcus more and more as days pass lol.

Griffin is a *****

It took about 2 months for Cousins to become my favorite athlete of all time. He's a fascinating player and is as real as they come.

kingsdelez24
04-06-2012, 01:59 PM
Good to see some lakers fans jump on the boogie wagon

Raph12
04-06-2012, 02:09 PM
Funny how they got CP3 there too now... Two of the biggest floppers in the league side-by-side, all they need is Varejao to play center, Bell to play SG and Ginobli to play SF and you got the "All-Flop" 1st team.

On the other hand, that would be a great team lol.

Furymaker
04-06-2012, 02:12 PM
I've said it already , Blake Griffin is nothing more than athletic freak , NBA's ***** , all these commercials and stuff , pfff
And Cousins , he's third best center in league , as he gets older he'll get better and more efficient , love his game , little maturity wont be bad either .

M.Bibby2.0
04-06-2012, 02:12 PM
I wouldn't go as far as to say Boogie > Blake just yet. But I will say that Cousins will more than likely surpass Blake. Cousins has shown continuous improvement each season in the league. Yet blakes numbers have dipped a bit despite playing with arguably the best PG in the league (maybe just due to an improved supporting cast) but none the less I can't say he's made noticeable leap in his game.

dtmagnet
04-06-2012, 02:18 PM
If Cousins will lay Blake out in the worst way, I will cease my dislike of him and add him to my players I like list. He is absolutely right about the treatment that Griffin gets.

roshan3ai
04-06-2012, 02:24 PM
:laugh2: I love Cousins. He's the man. I agree with what he said

tadmanny
04-06-2012, 02:26 PM
I agree with Cousins 100%. Griffin can jump out of the gym, but he's a flopping *****. I loved it when Smith actually really knocked him on his ***. The look on his face was so worth it. Seeing the look on that *****'s face made my night. He hasn't achieved a damn thing but his dunk ability. Stop treating him like a hall of famer.

daWarriorz21
04-06-2012, 02:27 PM
Thank you demarcus!! I thought I was the only one that noticed this

ccspence8
04-06-2012, 02:32 PM
Bout time someone call this broccoli, chea pet looking punk out. When he makes an average dunk people jizz their pants and then when he makes a good dunk people wanna call it the dunk of the century. I'm sorry but Westbrook and JJ Hickson had better dunks in the past week nevermind the season. And I don't think Blake is a star, NBA is trying to push him out.

If jumping over a Kia isn't a marketing ploy idk what is.

Regardless of Pau being a va-jay-jay the first dunk was clearly an over the back and the 2nd dunk was an offensive foul. Cousins is right, he gets away with more flops than anyone in the league. Refs are so bias. Its disgusting how many fouls I've seen on certain guys in the league because they havent earned "respect" for being a younger player. But Blake has never had to deal with this.

John Walls Era
04-06-2012, 02:37 PM
I always like DMC since Kentucky, but I never liked the things he said. Well I do now. Griffin is good (numbers don't lie), but everyone knows hes the NBA's new poster child.

Ebbs
04-06-2012, 02:43 PM
Does anyone disagree

THE MTL
04-06-2012, 02:44 PM
I must agree with Cousins as well. Blake Griffin's second dunk over Pau Gasol was clearly an offensive foul. I dont know how u didnt call the foul. Not only did he stiff arm Gasol, but he used him to elevate himself to the hoop and then he followed thru with his arm to ensure he;d knock him down.

Blake Griffin just doesnt dunk in games, he purposely tries to embarrass people and someone needs to lay him out.

SpaceJamJordans
04-06-2012, 02:51 PM
meh

fadedmario
04-06-2012, 03:09 PM
Griffin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cousins

MonroeFAN
04-06-2012, 03:10 PM
I like DMC a lot more, speak the truth.

sf-fanatic
04-06-2012, 03:12 PM
Bout time someone call this broccoli, chea pet looking punk out. When he makes an average dunk people jizz their pants and then when he makes a good dunk people wanna call it the dunk of the century. I'm sorry but Westbrook and JJ Hickson had better dunks in the past week nevermind the season. And I don't think Blake is a star, NBA is trying to push him out.

If jumping over a Kia isn't a marketing ploy idk what is.

Regardless of Pau being a va-jay-jay the first dunk was clearly an over the back and the 2nd dunk was an offensive foul. Cousins is right, he gets away with more flops than anyone in the league. Refs are so bias. Its disgusting how many fouls I've seen on certain guys in the league because they havent earned "respect" for being a younger player. But Blake has never had to deal with this.

:laugh:

Is it weird I also thought he looked like a chia pet?

Cfrey
04-06-2012, 03:18 PM
Griffin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cousins

good joke

CityofTreez
04-06-2012, 03:20 PM

No. Many who come from the Oklahoma Sooners resemble chia pets.

You're both not alone.

RaiderLakersA's
04-06-2012, 03:20 PM
I knew it was just a matter of time before the Anti-Blake Movement touched off. Backlash is a mutha!

SpaceJamJordans
04-06-2012, 03:26 PM
good joke

who would you want on your team?

SeoulBeatz
04-06-2012, 03:32 PM
Cousins is a dumbo (a talented one at that), but he's absolutely right in this case.

Blake is the face of the NBA right now, solely for his ridiculous dunks.

Gotta protect your prized possession.

SpaceJamJordans
04-06-2012, 03:38 PM
other star players get 'babied' too its just not blake. what about that andre miller push? there was no call. stop hating and just worry about your team. i dont go out and hating on any other team in the league except for annoying fans

Monta is beast
04-06-2012, 03:38 PM
I don't really like Cousins, but I can't ****ing stand Blake. Thankyou Cousins for calling him out.

mjt20mik
04-06-2012, 03:40 PM
Nothing wrong with what he said. Blake is the biggest ***** in the NBA.

mzgrizz
04-06-2012, 03:41 PM
I don't really like Cousins, but I can't ****ing stand Blake. Thankyou Cousins for calling him out.

:nod:

Phenomenonsense
04-06-2012, 03:42 PM
Where is that video of Cousins' flopping hard and jumping into the base of the rim again?

DerekRE_3
04-06-2012, 03:44 PM
Cousins is a dumbo (a talented one at that), but he's absolutely right in this case.

Blake is the face of the NBA right now, solely for his ridiculous dunks.

Gotta protect your prized possession.

The "prized possession" of the NBA should be the integrity of the game, not its star players. Preferential treatment shouldn't be in the game.

SeoulBeatz
04-06-2012, 03:48 PM
The "prized possession" of the NBA should be the integrity of the game, not its star players. Preferential treatment shouldn't be in the game.

yeap, i agree. can't tell you how frustrating it is playing the heat and seeing wade get foul calls if you so much as breathe on him, but Iggy can't even get a call when Norris Cole literally *****slaps him in the face.

mjt20mik
04-06-2012, 03:49 PM

It's a business. Enough said.

mzgrizz
04-06-2012, 03:49 PM

But it really doesn't work that way, does it?
I'm praying the Grizz don't get the Clippers in the first round of the playoffs JUST for this reason!

krazylegz
04-06-2012, 03:54 PM
nba has been as fake as wwe or wcw for the past 10-15 years

CityofTreez
04-06-2012, 03:55 PM

That doesn't justify anything.

It's a terrible business, and would be the worst if there wasn't a league called the NFL and their newly hired hitmen.

asandhu23
04-06-2012, 04:00 PM
I want DMC to whoop his ***.

ManRam
04-06-2012, 04:01 PM
He's saying what most of the world thinks...

Blake's a clown.

Iron24th
04-06-2012, 04:06 PM
Finally Cousins said something interesting.

asandhu23
04-06-2012, 04:07 PM
lol. some one on the links is a hater.

Bruno
04-06-2012, 04:07 PM
This is common knowledge for all NBA fans.

DerekRE_3
04-06-2012, 04:24 PM

Right, but a business with 0 integrity is doomed to fail. Ask Enron. If you knew the NBA was fixed (not saying it is, but that would mean 0 integrity), would you watch?

joseph aka Jman
04-06-2012, 04:39 PM
Cousins should have just cracked him on the spot after that "so-called" foul

joseph aka Jman
04-06-2012, 04:45 PM
Blake is just the NBA's ***** just cause he can dunk, what a clown

YashBoone
04-06-2012, 04:52 PM
I'm glad this came out cause I have been Watchig Blake and the clippers in frustration this year.

All Blake can do is dunk, and all of these so called "poster" " mozgoved" dunks is bd.

Everytime he uses the opposin player to elevate and gain hang time. He is all over the defender.

Since when is that allowed?

Then he punched pau right in the face.
No call
Bs

Blake is gonna start to get fouled hard and he deserves it cause he is so cocky when he dunks.

I remember they had him mic'ed up for the rising stars and he asked the other team to let him dunk because he was about to get taken out of the game .

Sadds The Gr8
04-06-2012, 04:53 PM
Refs should start treating superstars like everyone else and call games evenly. Griffin isn't the only star that gets bull **** calls.

YashBoone
04-06-2012, 04:57 PM
This goes hand and hand with how the Nba refs watch as players like wade and bron travel all the time but don't call a thing

mjt20mik
04-06-2012, 05:06 PM
Right, but a business with 0 integrity is doomed to fail. Ask Enron. If you knew the NBA was fixed (not saying it is, but that would mean 0 integrity), would you watch?

Integrity and illegal procedures (like falsifying accounting statements) are two very different things. What Enron did was illegal, and is why several of their top managements execs were arrested (and why Arthur Anderson LLP when to the dogs).

As for the second question, everyone knows WWE and their entertainment is fake. Does it stop people from watching it?

Blitzbolt
04-06-2012, 05:13 PM
I like DMC and now I like him even more speaking the truth.

DerekRE_3
04-06-2012, 05:16 PM
Integrity and illegal procedures (like falsifying accounting statements) are two very different things. What Enron did was illegal, and is why several of their top managements execs were arrested (and why Arthur Anderson LLP when to the dogs).

As for the second question, everyone knows WWE and their entertainment is fake. Does it stop people from watching it?

Of course it's not the same, but you are missing the point. The integrity of the game is the most important single thing in any sport. By giving certain players preferential treatment, that hurts the integrity of the game. There's no denying it.

As far WWE goes, it's not a sport. And last time I checked basketball is.

willabeast77
04-06-2012, 05:20 PM
Cousins isn't right about this. He's just proving more of Griffin's point. Should have just kept quiet and quit whining

unleashthebeast
04-06-2012, 05:22 PM
Wow, he was fined 25k for his "comments against officiating last night". That is such ********.

tyfreaks brotha
04-06-2012, 05:27 PM
Refs should start treating superstars like everyone else and call games evenly. Griffin isn't the only star that gets bull **** calls. This is true.

Wow, he was fined 25k for his "comments against officiating last night". That is such ********.

Watch him get suspended by the ****ing little frog Stern to :pity: lol

DerekRE_3
04-06-2012, 05:32 PM

Stern is also giving the 25k straight to Blake Griffin. He needs all the help he can get.

mjt20mik
04-06-2012, 05:34 PM
Of course it's not the same, but you are missing the point. The integrity of the game is the most important single thing in any sport. By giving certain players preferential treatment, that hurts the integrity of the game. There's no denying it.

As far WWE goes, it's not a sport. And last time I checked basketball is.

No i understand your point and I wish it was different. But Blake isn't the only dude getting it. It's a shame really.

PleaseBeNice
04-06-2012, 05:35 PM
I really dont like CP3 or BG. They play rough (which is ok), but then others play rough back, they ***** and complain. They both flop, but if someone flops against them they complain about that too. Pathetic

CityofTreez
04-06-2012, 05:39 PM
I really dont like CP3 or BG. They play rough (which is ok), but then others play rough back, they ***** and complain. They both flop, but if someone flops against them they complain about that too. Pathetic

It all comes down to this generations type of players. Players these days are soft, and the refs are also responsible for bailing them out.

So many late whistles because the players demand a foul call. It's ridiculous.

NY007
04-06-2012, 05:40 PM
I don't like Cousins but he's 100 percent right, and it's not just Blake it goes through out the entire NBA with stars but Blake is definitely at the top of the list.

This is why I've come to hate the NBA, the only reason I watch is cause I'm a die hard Knicks fan and that will never change.

Btw if it was the 90's guys like Blake and Lebron would have had their knees shattered by now, these high flying guys would have been destroyed by guys like Oakley.

ChiSox219
04-06-2012, 06:26 PM
"It was a legitimate dunk," Kobe Bryant said with a smile.

Bryant boasted that he "would've done the same thing" if he had the chance both to posterize and physically maul an opponent.

Jordan would likely say the same thing as he intentionally embarrassed dudes all the time

too many panties in this thread

PleaseBeNice
04-06-2012, 06:53 PM
^ Of course it was a legitimate dunk, and it was a legitimate blatant offensive foul as well.

Jarvo
04-06-2012, 06:55 PM
Hell yeah he's right, Thats why I dislike blake with his overhyped ***.

J4KOP99
04-06-2012, 07:05 PM

They don't show people up on a constant basis.

MJ-BULLS
04-06-2012, 07:11 PM
speaking the truth.

ChiSox219
04-06-2012, 07:21 PM
They don't show people up on a constant basis.

you mean like Michael Jordan?

tredigs
04-06-2012, 07:35 PM
I wonder how many peoples favorite players have been smashed on by Blake, and how much that correlates to his hate around the league? Has to at least have an effect. Blake can be a dick and definitely *****es (though he does get harder and more hacks than anyone in the league, bar none - including Dwight), but I think the hate has gone overboard at this point.

Anyway, Boogie calling anyone out for ANYTHING is pretty comedic to me. The dude is a mental midget, he needs to focus himself within.

SeoulBeatz
04-06-2012, 07:38 PM
you mean like Michael Jordan?

6 rings gives you a right to be an *******. Just saying, what has blake done exactly?

ccspence8
04-06-2012, 07:41 PM

Lmao glad I wasn't the only one who noticed

tredigs
04-06-2012, 07:45 PM
6 rings gives you a right to be an *******. Just saying, what has blake done exactly?

Took Mike a lot of years before the Bulls were good enough for him to lead them to a ring; he wasn't any less demonstrative on the court before that happened. The difference is that when he started winning titles, the rest of the league became legitimately fearful of Jordan. Kerr talks about that sometimes, how nobody in today's NBA draws fear from opponents the way Mike did every night. I guess that's what next level intensity+dominance night in/out will do.

Sactown
04-06-2012, 07:55 PM
I posted a very similar message last night and wash bashed for it...

ManRam
04-06-2012, 07:56 PM
I wonder how many peoples favorite players have been smashed on by Blake, and how much that correlates to his hate around the league? Has to at least have an effect. Blake can be a dick and definitely *****es (though he does get harder and more hacks than anyone in the league, bar none - including Dwight), but I think the hate has gone overboard at this point.

Anyway, Boogie calling anyone out for ANYTHING is pretty comedic to me. The dude is a mental midget, he needs to focus himself within.

Has he smashed Jameer? JJ? Westbrook? Rondo? LeBron? Even Dwight (reluctant to ever I say he's a favorite of mine)?

I don't think so :laugh:

Not at all why I hate him.

ChiSox219
04-06-2012, 08:02 PM
Not at all why I hate him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_8HtVFy1Qs

:shrug:

KnIckFaN.2883
04-06-2012, 08:24 PM
[QUOTE=Missing56&33;21641858]I think its the other way around. I must not watch much of Cousins.....every time i see him play, he's complaining a *****ing about something. He looks like he always have an attitude. I guess he should be getting more calls after 2 years in the league?[/QUOT

i heard cousins complain all the time. He's always has an opinion on someone.

VinceCarter
04-06-2012, 09:59 PM

Cousins is easily the better overall player. Blake is overrated by the media and the NBA and ESPN and all that. Cousins is looking great and I'd definitely take him over Blake.

iliketurtles24
04-06-2012, 10:28 PM
haha, i agree with cousins for the first time. But damn, he needs to shave that scraggly **** on his chin.

UPRock
04-06-2012, 10:42 PM
And he's right.

SportsAndrew25
04-06-2012, 10:57 PM
http://media.lockerdome.com/uploads/8c2f6a32f32a80dd5f8206d6fd0ec19a_large

dodgersuck
04-06-2012, 11:13 PM
Cousins is right, Blake is a *****. bottom line

TylerSL
04-07-2012, 12:20 AM
he is correct.

Demon11
04-07-2012, 01:24 AM
If Cousin's had Paul feeding him he'd have better numbers.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-07-2012, 01:32 AM
Blake Griffin: All I do is FLOP FLOP FLOP FLOP FLOP FLOP FLOP!

xxcubs22xx
04-07-2012, 02:23 AM
Blake Griffin and Lebron James are the two most bailed out players in the league.

Cousins may have a mouth sometimes, but he is accurate this time.

AIRMAR72
04-07-2012, 02:38 AM
When the league selects its media prodigy(BLAKE) WHO sells tickets and jumps out the gym and entertain the fans he going get these calls... guys really dont have a choice but to EAT IT

JoeDirt05
04-07-2012, 02:51 AM

thats because blake is a D-Bag haha

Blake is lucky the NBA allows dunking or his weak *** wouldnt have a job :laugh:

gilly
04-07-2012, 07:55 AM
Boogie is one of my favourite players. Speaks the truth, doesn't give a ****, funny kid, plays hard.

setman2000
04-07-2012, 08:45 AM
Watched Blake flop 3 times against the Nuggets earlier this year - the refs are pathetic and horrible for calling that crap and letting him get away it. Maybe Cousins speaking up will help a bit with the refs.

torocan
04-07-2012, 09:38 AM

The officiating already has limited integrity. People keep watching.

It happens all the time. Probably one of the most egregious examples was the Sacramento Kings vs LAL in game 6 in 2002.

Here's some highlights...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjRcTiwVEwo

Or you could watch the whole shameful 4th quarter...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUAn91ZtgB0

Or you could just ask Tim Donaghy, disgraced former ref...

I knew that there were certain relationships that existed between referees and players, referees and coaches, and referees and owners that influence the point spreads in games," Donaghy explained...

..."You say that certain refs like or dislike certain players? Certain coaches? Certain general managers?" Simon asked.

"And certain owners," Donaghy added.

"You told us 'I knew these guys. Knew who they liked, who they despised and who they would help or screw over,'" Simon said.

"So, you know when Iverson was playing. And you knew which refs were there. You knew whether to bet on the Iverson team or on the other team?" Simon asked.

"Yes," Donaghy said.

"Iverson wouldn't talk to us, he didn't want refs to get mad at him. But his manager told us that the way the refs were treating him, some for, some against, made him sick," Simon remarked.

"I do believe Allen Iverson knew this. And I believe all the players know this. That certain referees treat them much better than others," Donaghy said.

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-18560_162-5880547.html

I'm not going to go into all of Donaghy's allegations, but they include (subtle) pressure by the NBA FO to favor superstars and big market teams.

There's also been multiple analysis of outcomes by referee (you can find those yourself if you wish). One of the more interesting stats... the Dallas Mavs were 2-14 with one particular referee.

Are some games officiated reasonably fairly? Yes. Others? Not so much, and usually in subtle ways (50/50 calls going to one team, or ticky tack fouls enforced on one player/side and not enforced on the other).

And people keep watching...

ghettosean
04-07-2012, 09:58 AM
Damn he just said it as it is!

2nd video of cousins swinging at air and Blake giving the where's the foul pose says it all!

kobebabe
04-07-2012, 10:28 AM
Blake will hurt someone really badly b4 too long if this continues

boogie-reke
04-07-2012, 01:08 PM
Kings @ Clippers today. Can't wait for this one.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/THISGONBGUD.gif

BallIsAll
04-07-2012, 01:55 PM
I like it shows toughness and an unwillingness to give Blake a crown just because kia sponsors his actor ***. I found out he was an actor when they played the nuggets. Dude flops on both ends of the court

PleaseBeNice
04-07-2012, 02:43 PM
Kings Vs Clips tonight... Lets go BIG CUZ!

DerekRE_3
04-07-2012, 02:55 PM

It happens all the time. Probably one of the most egregious examples was the Sacramento Kings vs LAL in game 6 in 2002.

I'm not going to go into all of Donaghy's allegations, but they include (subtle) pressure by the NBA FO to favor superstars and big market teams.

There's also been multiple analysis of outcomes by referee (you can find those yourself if you wish). One of the more interesting stats... the Dallas Mavs were 2-14 with one particular referee.

Are some games officiated reasonably fairly? Yes. Others? Not so much, and usually in subtle ways (50/50 calls going to one team, or ticky tack fouls enforced on one player/side and not enforced on the other).

As a Kings fan I'm semi aware of that game...think I've heard of it before...

topdog
04-07-2012, 03:22 PM

I always love how fans of larger markets want to blame small-market teams for "ruining" the league when there is a definite favoritism towards them and towards what is going to make the league the most money.

It's hard not to keep watching when 1. you love basketball and have some free time on your hands and 2. when you know it really won't make a difference or send a message if you stop watching.

InRoseWeTrust
04-07-2012, 06:20 PM
I'm a bulls fan but, damn I can't wait for Kings - Clips tonight! Thank god for league pass....this is going to be interesting.

kylem4711
04-07-2012, 06:34 PM
Blake will hurt someone really badly b4 too long if this continues

heres to hoping that its kobe :cheers:

kylem4711
04-07-2012, 06:37 PM
Blake Griffin: All I do is FLOP FLOP FLOP FLOP FLOP FLOP FLOP!

Pau gasol is way worse. and kobe, all kobe does is yell AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, whenever anyone even gets near him.

Kings Faithful
04-07-2012, 07:33 PM
Game of the Night... Kings at Clippers....Cousins at Blake.... blood bath at Staples....

Kings Faithful
04-07-2012, 07:34 PM
Pau gasol is way worse. and kobe, all kobe does is yell AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, whenever anyone even gets near him.

Pau Gasol annoys me to no end.... the way he flips his arms up and yells makes me want to gouge my eyes out and blow my ear drums.

b@llhog24
04-08-2012, 03:04 AM
:laugh2: Well we saw how that ended up working out.

Method28
04-08-2012, 04:05 AM
Such haters in here haha

Laker fans banging on Griffin for being a "flopper" is funny as hell.
Gasol and Fisher are two of the biggest floppers the nba has ever seen...but when it's their players is considered a "savvy veteran play."

For those who say Cousins>Griffin.....muahahaha You can have your Center who shoots 41% from the field and has a **** attitude.

ZebraCity916
04-08-2012, 04:17 AM
Such haters in here haha

Laker fans banging on Griffin for being a "flopper" is funny as hell.
Gasol and Fisher are two of the biggest floppers the nba has ever seen...but when it's their players is considered a "savvy veteran play."

For those who say Cousins>Griffin.....muahahaha You can have your Center who shoots 41% from the field and has a **** attitude.

I'll take Cousins, who has skill, over Blake, who relies on his athleticism anyday.

Method28
04-08-2012, 04:54 AM
I'll take Cousins, who has skill, over Blake, who relies on his athleticism anyday.

what good does skill do when it's not getting used? 41%....as a Center? Really?!

Blake and Cousins both have plenty of room to grow and im sure they will.

Raph12
04-08-2012, 04:54 AM
Blake is a flopper, no doubt, but you can't deny his talent... CP3 and Pau are both two of the biggest floppers in the league, but CP3 is a top 5 player (Lebron, Dwight, Durant and Wade are ahead) and Pau is a top 10-15 player.

Blake comes off as a douchebag in games, but as a player, he's got serious potential.

KingPosey
04-08-2012, 05:39 AM
I dont make excuses, and when the wheels came off the Clippers went for the kill with precision, BUT, that game was possibly the worst officiated game I have seen all year. It was ABSURDLY one sided.

Method28
04-08-2012, 06:01 AM
I dont make excuses, and when the wheels came off the Clippers went for the kill with precision, BUT, that game was possibly the worst officiated game I have seen all year. It was ABSURDLY one sided.

I seriously hope youre not reffering to tonights Sac@Lac game and saying LAC got the calls are you?

Sac had 28 fta, LAC had 19.... Sac was only called for 1 more foul than LAC was. There was the missed call when Garcia got hit in the face by Simmons...but what about the missed call when Cousins blatenly tripped Griffin...or the play he literally shoved Griffin and no calls?

alencp3
04-08-2012, 06:22 AM
Wait did someone said he will take Cousins over Blake? Wow...

ZebraCity916
04-08-2012, 07:30 AM
what good does skill do when it's not getting used? 41%....as a Center? Really?!

Blake and Cousins both have plenty of room to grow and im sure they will.

He's averaging 18/10 and it's only his 2nd year. And he's had 2 coaches already.

How is he not using his skill??

ZebraCity916
04-08-2012, 07:32 AM
Wait did someone said he will take Cousins over Blake? Wow...

Call me a homer or whatever, but yeah. Cousins>Blake.

What's your reason for wanting Blake over Cousins??

Method28
04-08-2012, 11:19 AM
@zebracity

Thats in reference to guy who said cousins>>>>>griffin.

Its griffins second year, his numbers are FAR better.

I really dont consider 18/10 impressive for a center when that center is shooting 41% from the field. That's pretty horrendous.

M.Bibby2.0
04-08-2012, 11:42 AM
Why do people keep bringing up 41%... lol he shot that in his rookie season, this year its been 45% and past month its closer to 48%. Clearly he's on the right track.

Find me 5 other big men with cousins usage rate that shoot >45%. That's right you can't because he is the kings offense and has one of the highest usage rates in the game.

Cousins isn't better than Blake yet, but unless your a stat junkie you can't deny that boogie could have a better career. Blake's athleticism wont always be there for him, what kind of player is he when that happens? And his reckless, high-flying style of play could cost him.

But ya, I'll take my 6'11 Centre who has a 7'5 wing span and a knack for rebounding, defense, and has shown quite the offensive repertoire at the age of 21 and is driven to improve.

M.Bibby2.0
04-08-2012, 11:59 AM
What's funny is the bashing of Cousins FG%. But when you consider Blake 54%FT at 7 attempts per game it has the same effect as Cousins shooting 5% worse from the field then he should be.

But for some reason it's perfectly acceptable for bigs to shoot bad Ft%. Cousins shoots a respectable 73% at 6FTA per game.

Chronz
04-08-2012, 12:35 PM

I seriously hope youre not reffering to tonights Sac@Lac game and saying LAC got the calls are you?

Sac had 28 fta, LAC had 19.... Sac was only called for 1 more foul than LAC was. There was the missed call when Garcia got hit in the face by Simmons...but what about the missed call when Cousins blatenly tripped Griffin...or the play he literally shoved Griffin and no calls?
They didn't give Blake the call when he was trying to pass only to be held back, t.o.

Chronz
04-08-2012, 12:36 PM
What's funny is the bashing of Cousins FG%. But when you consider Blake 54%FT at 7 attempts per game it has the same effect as Cousins shooting 5% worse from the field then he should be.

But for some reason it's perfectly acceptable for bigs to shoot bad Ft%. Cousins shoots a respectable 73% at 6FTA per game.
Probably has something to do with their overall efficiency.

Shonuff
04-08-2012, 12:55 PM
Look, to answer the question many seem to be asking on here "why all the Blake hate?", he is being forced down our throats. It all started with that WEAK *** dunk over the front bumper of a 1 seater Kia and it's been out of control ever since. The NBA is doing this to him and he going right along with it and playing the "superstar" because he knows the NBA is going to hand him that title.

M.Bibby2.0
04-08-2012, 01:03 PM

Like the efficiency stat EFF?
Blake 31.03 EFF48M
Cousins 32.04 EFF48M

or efficiency more into the advanced stats TS% eFG% ppFGA?

c-rock
04-08-2012, 01:23 PM
Cousins is going to bail out of Sacramento the first chance he gets. So enjoy watching him grow as a player and end up on the east coast.

Chronz
04-08-2012, 04:00 PM
Why do people keep bringing up 41%... lol he shot that in his rookie season, this year its been 45% and past month its closer to 48%. Clearly he's on the right track.

Find me 5 other big men with cousins usage rate that shoot >45%. That's right you can't because he is the kings offense and has one of the highest usage rates in the game.

Cousins isn't better than Blake yet, but unless your a stat junkie you can't deny that boogie could have a better career. Blake's athleticism wont always be there for him, what kind of player is he when that happens? And his reckless, high-flying style of play could cost him.

But ya, I'll take my 6'11 Centre who has a 7'5 wing span and a knack for rebounding, defense, and has shown quite the offensive repertoire at the age of 21 and is driven to improve.
Thats what people tried to tell me about Melo vs Bron, in time they may be right. Question is, who cares about what these players may look like in an unknown timeframe.

Chronz
04-08-2012, 04:03 PM

Like the efficiency stat EFF?
Blake 31.03 EFF48M
Cousins 32.04 EFF48M

or efficiency more into the advanced stats TS% eFG% ppFGA?
EFF isn't taken seriously by anyone. Its a poormans PER.

But no I'm just talking about their Per Possession Efficiency

TrueFan420
04-08-2012, 06:53 PM
that second video is ridiculous you cant even call that a flop he just looks at the ref and without saying a word says give me a foul cause im blake mother ****ing griffen

IWantPizza
04-08-2012, 07:22 PM
REALTALK :clap: way to go boogie, tell the world whats up with that flopper once and for all.

What he said on video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHMOyEfL3xg&feature=player_embedded

Blake flops and then stares at refs till he get the no-call
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev1M1AYQR3s&feature=player_embedded

Demarcus taking a jab at Blakes defense
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULny1yAzVik&feature=player_embedded

And the good thing is - they meet again in a couple of days! :laugh2:

The NBA is so much better when players go at eachother and don't try make friends out there, long may it continue.

That second video, wow. I don't even like Cousins, but this is just shameful. I hate actors.

dodie53
04-09-2012, 04:57 AM
boogie woogie

Weezy
04-09-2012, 08:28 AM
Haha I like cousins... Yea he has growing up to do but he is just too talented. Hilarious guy though and he is speaking the truth.

daleja424
04-09-2012, 08:55 AM
I think Cousins is a punk and a want-to-be-thug... BUT he is also correct here. The NBA was so desperate to get away from marketing Lebron that they tried to shove blake down our throats without realizing that Blake is really annoying and hard to root for. When Blake first came out I loved the guy... but the more and more I see of him the worse he makes the NBA look. The NBA could have thrown the marketing towards Love, Durant, or Rose and been sitting pretty right now...but they chose to make Blake the next chosen one... and it isn't working out very well.

In related news... Dwight Howard is also acting like a spoiled rotten child...and I no longer respect him either.

For all the hate Lebron gets in the media...he isn't even remotely as messed up as Melo, Dwight, and Blake...

Chronz
04-09-2012, 11:40 AM
I think Cousins is a punk and a want-to-be-thug... BUT he is also correct here. The NBA was so desperate to get away from marketing Lebron that they tried to shove blake down our throats without realizing that Blake is really annoying and hard to root for. When Blake first came out I loved the guy... but the more and more I see of him the worse he makes the NBA look. The NBA could have thrown the marketing towards Love, Durant, or Rose and been sitting pretty right now...but they chose to make Blake the next chosen one... and it isn't working out very well.

In related news... Dwight Howard is also acting like a spoiled rotten child...and I no longer respect him either.

For all the hate Lebron gets in the media...he isn't even remotely as messed up as Melo, Dwight, and Blake...
Assuming what you say is true, what makes you think it isn't working and how is Bron a better person than Blake?

justjames
04-09-2012, 06:19 PM
I agree with DMC. The NBA is going to find itself in a quandary when Kobe retires.

Missing56&33
11-12-2012, 05:03 PM

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1405215-sacramento-kings-demarcus-cousins-suspended-after-altercation-with-sean-elliott

I stand corrected. I try to understand what you guys see in Cousins and why this dislike for Blake G...Cousins is a big lazy baby with an attitude problem...Blake Griffin is an all star,olympian, and straight up beast.

These post supporting Cousins and bashing Griffin are ridiculous.

Hawkeye15
11-12-2012, 05:05 PM
He is dead on honestly.

ManRam
11-12-2012, 05:17 PM
http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1405215-sacramento-kings-demarcus-cousins-suspended-after-altercation-with-sean-elliott

I stand corrected. I try to understand what you guys see in Cousins and why this dislike for Blake G...Cousins is a big lazy baby with an attitude problem...Blake Griffin is an all star,olympian, and straight up beast.

These post supporting Cousins and bashing Griffin are ridiculous.

They might both be babies, but one isn't coddled by the league and the media, and the other is. That's the point of this, and even though it's now 7 months later, he's dead on.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
11-12-2012, 05:18 PM
Closing for bumping an old thread.