PDA

View Full Version : Howard stayed in ORL to avoid trade to LA

waveycrockett
04-06-2012, 11:55 AM
The Magic told Dwight Howard before the deadline that “he would be a Laker by the end of the day,” according to one source, if he did not sign an agreement to waive the opt-out clause for the final season of his contract.

Even though Howard's camp had permission to talk to the Nets, Mavericks and Lakers, he only wanted to go to the Nets.

“He was adamant: New Jersey, New Jersey, New Jersey,” a source claimed.

The Magic want to avoid a repeat of Howard'sindecisiveness this summer.

“[The Magic] do not want to go through it all again,” said one source who claimed Orlando wants a commitment from Howard on an extension before training camp to avoid his bolting as a free agent in 2013. “[The Magic] are determined to avoid another year of that.”

Orlando preferred the trade offer from the Lakers that would include Andrew Bynum, Devin Ebanks and Steve Blake.

Via Fred Kerber/New York Post

http://m.nypost.com/p/sports/nets/nets_nearly_bagged_howard_EFqz8xRs8i5NoU0tzoXxeM?% 20utm_medium=rss&utm_content=Nets

King P
04-06-2012, 11:58 AM
Was just reading this. If this report is true, then it makes sense why he opted in.

KB24PG16
04-06-2012, 12:01 PM
crazy if that trues dwight really doesnt want to play in la

waveycrockett
04-06-2012, 12:03 PM
Yea the Magic FO really played mind games with him to committ and now Dwight is taking that franchise down in flames with him

Foye
04-06-2012, 12:03 PM
Blame Kobe :D

showtym24
04-06-2012, 12:04 PM
He wants to rot and lose in jersey. Cool.

Young and Stupid
04-06-2012, 12:06 PM
First off, I think we should be hesitant to take this report as fact because it's 2012 and journalism is dead. Second, if Howard really did (does?) want to play for the Nets, he should have just said "yeah, sure, go head and trade me" and then, if the Magic did have a trade on the table with the Lakers (which I don't believe because the LA wouldn't give up Bynum without assurances that Howard would resign), he should have left in the off-season.

He obviously cares -- in my opinion, too much -- about his public perception; but with the situation in Orlando, it's not looking too good right now. I understand that he didn't want to play with Kobe "It's My Scoring Title and I Want It Now!" Bryant, but, in my opinion, he played this situation poorly.

If this is indeed true, it was a great ****ing play by the Magic. Props to them.

waveycrockett
04-06-2012, 12:06 PM

I think its bigger than basketball. Sure he could win an easy ring with Kobe or Derrick Rose but he would be playing in their city in their shadow. An unamed company would prefer him have his own huge market to call metropolis and pay him $$$ for it.

lakerboy
04-06-2012, 12:07 PM
Next year, Dwight will have no choice but to go to L.A..

Deron will be in Dallas most likely, and they don't have nothing to give for Dwight.

justinnum1
04-06-2012, 12:08 PM
dwight "the docuhe" howard

waveycrockett
04-06-2012, 12:09 PM
First off, I think we be hesitant to take this report as fact because it's 2012 and journalism is dead. Second, if Howard really did (does?) want to play for the Nets, he should have just said "yeah, sure, go head and trade me" and then, if the Magic did have a trade on the table with the Lakers (which I don't believe because the LA wouldn't give up Bynum without assurances that Howard would resign), he should have left in the off-season.

He obviously cares about his public perception; but with the situation in Orlando, it's not looking too good right now. I understand that he didn't want to play with Kobe "It's My Scoring Title and I Want It Now!" Bryant, but, in my opinion, he played this situation poorly.

If this is indeed true, it was a great ****ing play by the Magic. Props to them.

Yes but leaving ORL AND LA in shambles would devastate his popularity and at the end of the day thats what this is about from a marketing stand point.

rapjuicer06
04-06-2012, 12:13 PM
Dwight will be traded to the Nets this summer. They'll get NJ first round picks and then NJ will resign Williams and bring in Howard. Orlando will get Brooks and first round picks back and sign Lopez in the offseason. I'm sick of Howard and want him gone

JDMVP
04-06-2012, 12:13 PM
This is really just WOW....you had a chance to play with KOBE BRYANT, play for the most popular Basketball franchise in the world and the most Storied franchise in NBA history....smh big time DWIGHT.

Although what hes doing with Orlando right now, im happy we ended up not trading for him. Now he gonna take Orlando down the drain, he can go play in Jersey,lol.

Teeboy1487
04-06-2012, 12:15 PM
I'm so glad we did not get this headache. Bynum is being a jerk but at least he is committed to his team. Kudos to the Magic FO. Stern has to address the issue of these players holding there teams hostage. It's consistently putting the nba in a bad light.

lakersiznumber1
04-06-2012, 12:19 PM
we dont want him in la jersey can have him no thxs

jd25213
04-06-2012, 12:20 PM
Weird, 100 years ago the Titanic went down in icy cold waters and 100 years later the Magic organization is going down in icy cold waters. A bitter cold iceburg sunk the Titanic, and a bitter cold Dwight Howard sunk the Magic.

oak2455
04-06-2012, 12:25 PM
This makes no sense... like a poster said above, why not go to LA play out the year and go to the Nets in the off season........Because what he's doing in Orlando is much better??? Also I'm sure LA wouldve know he was a rental.....story seems a little sketchy........well the Magic made this mess now clean it up.... Another thing why is everything leaked that Howard says to management in private....bad job all the way around!!!

knicksfan42
04-06-2012, 12:26 PM
Um what? He wouldn't have had to sign an extension with LA. So why would LA trade Bynum for him if Dwight doesn't want to be there. Magic trade Dwight to the Lakers, Dwight doesn't sign extension, signs with the Nets during the offseason.

oak2455
04-06-2012, 12:29 PM
Um what? He wouldn't have had to sign an extension with LA. So why would LA trade Bynum for him if Dwight doesn't want to be there. Magic trade Dwight to the Lakers, Dwight doesn't sign extension, signs with the Nets during the offseason.

exactly but he didnt want to tarnish his image .....thats funny too late.......:clap:

knicksfan42
04-06-2012, 12:32 PM
Yes but leaving ORL AND LA in shambles would devastate his popularity and at the end of the day thats what this is about from a marketing stand point.

Well if that's the case he is with Orlando for life, because the Magic can trade him to LA next season and the only difference is instead of not opting out he wont be signing an extension.

TornadoOfSouls
04-06-2012, 12:33 PM
This is really just WOW....you had a chance to play with KOBE BRYANT, play for the most popular Basketball franchise in the world and the most Storied franchise in NBA history....smh big time DWIGHT.

Yeah, I'm sure the most dominant big man in the league wants to play with a 33 year old egomaniac chucker putting up the worst shooting numbers of his career. Lakers are the Magic of the East - loaded with bad contracts and aging wing players that can't keep up with the younger players in the league. Lakers are done but their fans don't realize it yet(lol at career scrub Sessions being a difference maker to a team that was SWEPT out of the playoffs last year).

shep33
04-06-2012, 12:33 PM
Yeah this report is bs.

Think about it. He could have went to the Lakers for the rest of the season and just bolted in the offseason.

Next, LA would not have traded Bynum without assurance that Howard would stay. That just doesn't make any sense for the Lakers in any way.

I'm no insider, but I think we all pretty much know Howard felt guilty and re-signed in Orlando so people wouldn't hate him.

FriedTofuz
04-06-2012, 12:36 PM
Its not that Dwight doesnt want to play in LA, he just really really wants to play for NJ instead.

shep33
04-06-2012, 12:36 PM
it makes no sense that this was released. I have no clue what the hell is going on with this dude.

waveycrockett
04-06-2012, 12:38 PM
This makes no sense... like a poster said above, why not go to LA play out the year and go to the Nets in the off season........Because what he's doing in Orlando is much better??? Also I'm sure LA wouldve know he was a rental.....story seems a little sketchy........well the Magic made this mess now clean it up.... Another thing why is everything leaked that Howard says to management in private....bad job all the way around!!!

Becauase he's be the most hated player by farrrr in the league. Not good when your main goal is to be a marketing icon.

oak2455
04-06-2012, 12:39 PM
Yeah this report is bs.

Think about it. He could have went to the Lakers for the rest of the season and just bolted in the offseason.

Next, LA would not have traded Bynum without assurance that Howard would stay. That just doesn't make any sense for the Lakers in any way.

I'm no insider, but I think we all pretty much know Howard felt guilty and re-signed in Orlando so people wouldn't hate him.

agreed!!!!

oak2455
04-06-2012, 12:41 PM
Becauase he's be the most hated player by farrrr in the league. Not good when your main goal is to be a marketing icon.

story is BS .......also I hope he goes to NJ... D12(wants to run the team) and Dwill(ran Sloan out of Utah) .....good times:clap:

Avenged
Lakers would not have traded for him for a rental.. Sorry but I'm perfectly fine with how Bynum is coming along anyways, and Dwight isn't really needed anymore when the Lakers have a stud center themselves.

If he didn't want to play for the Lakers well that's his loss since history shows that playing for the Lakers (and having a dominant big like Dwight) ends up in championships.

I have no issues with any player not wanting to play for certain teams but Dwight hasn't handled everything pretty poorly.

waveycrockett

Well if that's the case he is with Orlando for life, because the Magic can trade him to LA next season and the only difference is instead of not opting out he wont be signing an extension.

Not really. Bynum is in the same situation as Dwight next season. Free agent City and will also put Royalty before Loyalty. They would have to revisit that scenario again with Drew which is leverage for Dwight.

oak2455
04-06-2012, 12:42 PM
Ok enough of the NBA gonna watch me some Yankee baseball!!!!!

waveycrockett
04-06-2012, 12:43 PM

story is BS .......also I hope he goes to NJ... D12(wants to run the team) and Dwill(ran Sloan out of Utah) .....good times:clap: Nah its from the home of Marc Berman and basically everyone from Espn said the same at the deadline. NJ or bust for Dwight.

JDMVP
04-06-2012, 12:44 PM
Yeah, I'm sure the most dominant big man in the league wants to play with a 33 year old egomaniac chucker putting up the worst shooting numbers of his career. Lakers are the Magic of the East - loaded with bad contracts and aging wing players that can't keep up with the younger players in the league. Lakers are done but their fans don't realize it yet(lol at career scrub Sessions being a difference maker to a team that was SWEPT out of the playoffs last year).

Im not saying were the BEST and Kobe is this and that, im just saying probably more than 50 percent of the players in this league wants to play there. It would be an Honor for them to wear the purple and GOLD. When Kobe retires, you automatically become the FRANCHISE, hes still young. No matter what you say this Team will and always be committed to winning. Im just saying u had a chance to play for the most popular team in the League, play in Hollywood and play for an organization that is committed to WINNING. No matter what you say about KOBE at the end of the day he is still KOBE BRYANT....

jd25213
04-06-2012, 12:47 PM
Ok enough of the NBA gonna watch me some Yankee baseball!!!!!
Lucky *******.

naps
04-06-2012, 12:50 PM
So much for loyalty....hahahaha...this guy is a ****ing clown. He's been screwing the Magic future and magic fans over with his selfish and immature acts. I have no problem with him going to the team of his own choice bu Jesus make up your ****ing mind and stick with it.

LongIslandIcedZ
04-06-2012, 12:52 PM
I know it sounds a little out there, but I dont know how badly I would even want him at this point. He's mentally weak, and certainly isnt a leader.

JayAllDay
04-06-2012, 12:53 PM
Nets will move to Vegas by 2020

Avenged
04-06-2012, 12:55 PM
Any team who signs him - beware when his contract is up.

Rain City
04-06-2012, 12:55 PM
Lebron James started all this mess. Now all these NBA superstars want to find the easiest path to an NBA title and they hold the team that drafted them hostage for a year, and set them back 2 or 3; Carmelo, CP3, D12.

I cant imagine that MJ, Magic, Bird, Isaiah have any respect for any of these guys.

TornadoOfSouls
04-06-2012, 12:57 PM
Im not saying were the BEST and Kobe is this and that, im just saying probably more than 50 percent of the players in this league wants to play there. It would be an Honor for them to wear the purple and GOLD. When Kobe retires, you automatically become the FRANCHISE, hes still young. No matter what you say this Team will and always be committed to winning. Im just saying u had a chance to play for the most popular team in the League, play in Hollywood and play for an organization that is committed to WINNING. No matter what you say about KOBE at the end of the day he is still KOBE BRYANT....

Shaq, the most dominant player since Jordan, couldn't stand Kobe after five years with him and Shaq's one of the biggest winners the league's ever seen.

shep33
04-06-2012, 12:59 PM
So he decided to put the Magic through hell for one more year instead of choosing his destination this offseason?

shep33
04-06-2012, 01:04 PM
Shaq, the most dominant player since Jordan, couldn't stand Kobe after five years with him and Shaq's one of the biggest winners the league's ever seen.

Shaq left because the FO didn't want to pay him 30 mill per season for being overweight while missing 30 games a year. Kobe deserves some of the blame yes, but I'll never forgive Shaq for being obese with the Lakers in his last two years there... the first year with Miami he loses 20-30 lbs just to spite the Lakers. We kept the right player.

da ThRONe
04-06-2012, 01:06 PM
First off, I think we should be hesitant to take this report as fact because it's 2012 and journalism is dead. Second, if Howard really did (does?) want to play for the Nets, he should have just said "yeah, sure, go head and trade me" and then, if the Magic did have a trade on the table with the Lakers (which I don't believe because the LA wouldn't give up Bynum without assurances that Howard would resign), he should have left in the off-season.

He obviously cares -- in my opinion, too much -- about his public perception; but with the situation in Orlando, it's not looking too good right now. I understand that he didn't want to play with Kobe "It's My Scoring Title and I Want It Now!" Bryant, but, in my opinion, he played this situation poorly.

This is the first thing I thought about. Howard still had alll the power. No way LAL trade away anything worth acquiring without confirmation that Howard would be there long term.

JDMVP
04-06-2012, 01:13 PM
Shaq left because the FO didn't want to pay him 30 mill per season for being overweight while missing 30 games a year. Kobe deserves some of the blame yes, but I'll never forgive Shaq for being obese with the Lakers in his last two years there... the first year with Miami he loses 20-30 lbs just to spite the Lakers. We kept the right player.

Plus it dosent really matter if they hated each other or not because at the end of the day both of them complimented each other and they WON 3 RINGS.
They were a DYNASTY at the end of the day

Marco22
04-06-2012, 01:19 PM
Give me Bynum any day, the hell with weak minded Dwight Howard. Bynum is a winner always been around winners and know what it takes to win.

knicks=love
04-06-2012, 01:39 PM

Although what hes doing with Orlando right now, im happy we ended up not trading for him. Now he gonna take Orlando down the drain, he can go play in Jersey,lol.

that doesn't matter? the knicks are the mecca of basketball and he doesn't want to go there.. the yankees are the most storied franchise in all of sports and there are athletes that don't want to play there. it doesn't matter if that team or city is appealing, it's about where the player wants to go, not the attractions surrounding the team.

MickeyMgl
04-06-2012, 01:41 PM
First off, I think we should be hesitant to take this report as fact because it's 2012 and journalism is dead.

True dat.

MickeyMgl
04-06-2012, 01:44 PM
I'm so glad we did not get this headache. Bynum is being a jerk but at least he is committed to his team. Kudos to the Magic FO. Stern has to address the issue of these players holding there teams hostage. It's consistently putting the nba in a bad light.

It's OK for the team to hold the player hostage, though, right? Orlando has wasted him.

Lakers + Giants
04-06-2012, 01:44 PM
TBH, im glad we have Bynum and Sessions instead of just howard. Love this current laker team. We just need a solid ****in bench player other than barnes!

ThunderousDemon
04-06-2012, 01:52 PM
TBH, im glad we have Bynum and Sessions instead of just howard. Love this current laker team. We just need a solid ****in bench player other than barnes!

G-lock could be solid if only Mike Brown played him. I ****ing hate Mike Brown's rotations so much.

Raph12
04-06-2012, 02:04 PM
Wow if this is true, he must really not want to go to the Lakers...

Lakeshow24KB
04-06-2012, 02:07 PM

Rofl baiting? And haters gon hate dawg. You just stick to trolling and we'll stick to winning.

TheWhiteMamba
04-06-2012, 02:10 PM
So he doesnt want to go to the Lakers or Bulls but begging to play in New Jersey? LOL. It's more than obviously he doesnt play to win.

raiderposting
04-06-2012, 02:11 PM
Kobe is the reason he didn't want to LA and im sure Rose is the reason why he wouldn't want to go to Chicago either. He's been the unquestioned "MAN" in Orlando since he came in, he wants it to stay that way. The Nets will be that team for them, if they resign D-Will and get him, even though Dwill is a great player, howard will still be the MAN on that team.

BigBongTheory
04-06-2012, 02:37 PM
lol, it's not like I would enjoy watching the douchebag in purple and gold anyway, not after all this recent activity. Yesterday had to be the most embarrassing thing I've ever seen in sports. Van Gundy just gets up and goes on with his life. Dwight is grade A douchebaggery.

Bigbadmoffo
04-06-2012, 02:37 PM

I can't read your posts with that sig dude!!

jd25213
04-06-2012, 02:49 PM
Oak!

PlayDPlease
04-06-2012, 03:09 PM
dwight "the docuhe" howard

I thought that was LeBron's nickname?

L8ker4lyfe
04-06-2012, 03:12 PM
I see alot of people giving props to the Magic FO for getting him to sign the extra year but i give more props to the Lakers Fo for not doin the trade, i mean look how things have played. Bynum is coming into a beast and although he's being a li lchildish he's keeping it off the court,dwight is starting to become a problem on and off the court

JCmasta
04-06-2012, 03:13 PM
Next year, Dwight will have no choice but to go to L.A..

Deron will be in Dallas most likely, and they don't have nothing to give for Dwight.

Why the hell would the lakers want Dwight now? Lol, Andrew Bynum might very well be the best big man in the league, plus he's younger.

If he goes to L.A, it's probably with the clips.

DoubleDragon
04-06-2012, 03:45 PM

Hey, maybe after seeing what he's putting his team and city through, we dodged a bullet (of course, the way Bynum's been acting as of late, maybe they did too;))

Perhaps Bynum caught wind of this trade through the many loose lips out there and has been acting up because of it:confused:

Anyway, interesting report. Thx

Lakerfan In NY
04-06-2012, 05:01 PM

The uses of the word Dominant when speaking about DH12 is stupid. Shaq was Dominant, Wilt was Dominant. Bill Russell was Dominant. DH has his nites but he is NO WHERE NEAR A DOMINANT FORCE. He's the most physcially gifted big man today & that helps him to put up good number even though he lacks a real post up game. He doesn't have that instinct to want to be dominant. So, let stop the DH Dominant talk. There are no DOMINANT big man in the game today.

njnets
04-06-2012, 05:11 PM
if so, i guess i can understand why he was so back and forth near the end of the deadline. he was very against LA, even though him and kobe would be a nice combo. gasol as a 3rd option? thats pretty good.

he didnt want to be there though, so opting in was his only choice???

shep33
04-06-2012, 05:43 PM
if so, i guess i can understand why he was so back and forth near the end of the deadline. he was very against LA, even though him and kobe would be a nice combo. gasol as a 3rd option? thats pretty good.

he didnt want to be there though, so opting in was his only choice???

Just doesn't make sense. He could've played 25 games with Sessions, Kobe, and Pau. Maybe make some noise out west, maybe not, then just leave via free agency.

Your right. Why the heck opt in then? I just don't understand this dude. I think this story is bs, because the Lakers wouldn't trade Bynum for 25 games of Howard.

5ass
04-06-2012, 06:06 PM
Just doesn't make sense. He could've played 25 games with Sessions, Kobe, and Pau. Maybe make some noise out west, maybe not, then just leave via free agency.

Your right. Why the heck opt in then? I just don't understand this dude. I think this story is bs, because the Lakers wouldn't trade Bynum for 25 games of Howard.

All it would take is for Howard to tell the Lakers he wont sign an extension, and the lakers would've most likely rejected the trade. Im not sure about this story, but if true Howard is a *****. I still think Otis is the one spewing all this ******** to build up a storm, but i dont know if those are accusations I should make since theres no proof whatsoever.

sunsfan88
04-06-2012, 06:17 PM
I don't understand this.

If Dwight was traded to the Lakers, can't he just finish out this season with them and then bolt to New Jersey as a FA after the season?

joseph aka Jman
04-06-2012, 06:18 PM
i dont even want this pre madonna in LA anymore

shep33
04-06-2012, 06:20 PM
All it would take is for Howard to tell the Lakers he wont sign an extension, and the lakers would've most likely rejected the trade. Im not sure about this story, but if true Howard is a *****. I still think Otis is the one spewing all this ******** to build up a storm, but i dont know if those are accusations I should make since theres no proof whatsoever.

It's a strange story, there are a lot of holes in it. I just have no idea what this guy wants. He's trying to have it all without stepping on anybody's toes, yet he's doing the opposite.

I think Howard's plan backfired big time. He wanted NJ, but he didn't want to strip them of their assets, so he tried to sneak his way into playing out this year with Orlando only to join the Nets in the summer... but then the Magic FO woke up, gave him an ultimatum, and when Howard saw all the **** he was causing, and how he disappointed his fans he ended up opting in probably out of guilt. I think he thought it was his franchise from there on in.

There definitely is somebody in that FO spewing stuff to the media. The whole SVG thing kind of proves it. I dunno, it's a cluster**** in Orlando right now. Hope it gets solved soon because the fans don't deserve this crap.

jrm2054
04-06-2012, 06:21 PM
This will start back up this off season

Sssmush
04-06-2012, 06:36 PM
Was just reading this. If this report is true, then it makes sense why he opted in.

Honestly, seriously, who can even believe ANYTHING that ANY of the Orlando Magic people or Dwight Howard say at this point?

We've already seen extensively documented interviews describing the process, as well as an excellent story by M. Moore documenting "The Phone Call" that lead to Dwight re-signing in Orlando on the eve of the tradeline.

And, of course, currently Orlando Magic management has leaked a story, also extensively documented, that Dwight is demanding they fire Stan van Gundy, meanwhile Dwight Howard is lying with every breath he takes in every interview after every game constantly denying it. It can only be a matter of games before he starts avoiding reporters all together.

So, seriously... now somebody has a completely NEW story about how/why Dwight stayed in Orlando? And, uh, WHY am I supposed to be interested in this, or to give it any credence whatsoever?

Seriously, can this Orlando "Magic" story get any weirder or more bizarre than it already has? (unless you somehow work "Magic" Johnson into the mix as well)?

As far as I can tell, the prestige of the Orlando Magics organization is in total free fall, and has been for several months, along with Dwight Howard's stardom and credibility.

Thank you, thank you, yes I just wanted to point that out. Thank you very much though, you're too kind. No, you're the best. No you. No, you! Ha ha cool. You're welcome. Ok cool, talk to you later.

5ass
04-06-2012, 06:40 PM
It's a strange story, there are a lot of holes in it. I just have no idea what this guy wants. He's trying to have it all without stepping on anybody's toes, yet he's doing the opposite.

I think Howard's plan backfired big time. He wanted NJ, but he didn't want to strip them of their assets, so he tried to sneak his way into playing out this year with Orlando only to join the Nets in the summer... but then the Magic FO woke up, gave him an ultimatum, and when Howard saw all the **** he was causing, and how he disappointed his fans he ended up opting in probably out of guilt. I think he thought it was his franchise from there on in.

There definitely is somebody in that FO spewing stuff to the media. The whole SVG thing kind of proves it. I dunno, it's a cluster**** in Orlando right now. Hope it gets solved soon because the fans don't deserve this crap.
Ya hopefully we get this sorted out. We all knew the second Dwight opted in that their was going to be a change at the coaching positon, GM position or both. He himself said he wanted "changes to be made". The owners knew that. They knew what they were getting themselves into.

ModernDaySavage
04-06-2012, 06:50 PM
Funny how all these Lakers fans try to talk down on Dwight now, they were drooling over him before all this ******** happened talking about how many more rings Kobe would win with him. Also, he doesn't want to play with Kobe because he's inefficient and his head is too big to defer to Dwight even if it was better for the team.

5ass
04-06-2012, 06:54 PM
Funny how all these Lakers fans try to talk down on Dwight now, they were drooling over him before all this ******** happened talking about how many more rings Kobe would win with him. Also, he doesn't want to play with Kobe because he's inefficient and his head is too big to defer to Dwight even if it was better for the team.

I dont know man, Dwight wanted to play with Monta Ellis. IMO it has more to do with Dwight not wanting to follow Shaq's legacy. With Shaq on TNT already talking **** about Superman, if Dwight goes to LA Shaq will not shut up for one second about it.

Raph12
04-06-2012, 08:58 PM
The uses of the word Dominant when speaking about DH12 is stupid. Shaq was Dominant, Wilt was Dominant. Bill Russell was Dominant. DH has his nites but he is NO WHERE NEAR A DOMINANT FORCE. He's the most physcially gifted big man today & that helps him to put up good number even though he lacks a real post up game. He doesn't have that instinct to want to be dominant. So, let stop the DH Dominant talk. There are no DOMINANT big man in the game today.

Saying "Bill Russell was dominant" and "DH has his nites" is stupid, Russell was a non-factor when it came to scoring, he was dominant defensively and on the glass, just like Dwight... Now he's a much better leader than Dwight, but Dwight's much more dangerous on the offensive end.

As for Dwight lacking "a real post game", stop living in the 200th decade, we're in decade #201 now. Dwight's been the most dominant post player for the last 2-3 years, highest PPP in post plays last year and in 2010, his numbers have dropped off a bit since his low FT% this season.

Try again bud.

LASportsFan1996
04-06-2012, 09:38 PM
**** d12

SportsAndrew25
04-06-2012, 09:44 PM
What ****ing dumb *** would not want to play with Kobe Bryant? This ***** has won 5 Championships. He is the Derek Jeter of basketball. They dont call this ***** THE BLACK MAMMMMMMMMBAAHHHH for nothing.

Raps08-09 Champ
04-06-2012, 09:46 PM
Did Kobe hurt his feelings when he said that Howard won't be a #1 option on the Lakers?

sunsfan88
04-07-2012, 01:18 AM
I can't believe people actually believe this...is the society really this stupid?

If Dwight was traded to LA, he could still have left to Brooklyn through free agency you ****!!

AceMan
04-07-2012, 01:59 AM
If this is true, then I want to point out the Dwight has the IQ of a walnut. Just look at this logically. He wouldn't HAVE to sign an extension with the Lakers. Howard opted in because he preferred Orlando to LA, but if he had any sort of intelligence he'd know the Lakers wouldn't have given up Bynum without an extension, if he had just refused to sign one he would have stayed in Orlando regardless without delaying his free agency. Even if the Lakers made the trade without the extension he could have just signed with the Nets later, is a few months with the Lakers THAT bad? Howard is a dumbass.

BlinkManJan02
04-07-2012, 02:59 AM
Milwaukee Bucks being moved to Vegas, team name becomes the Las Vegas Divas. They automatically acquire LeBron, Melo, and Howard. FUUUUCK these people, jesus.

Brandon Jennings would obv remain with the team.

King P
04-07-2012, 03:00 AM
We also have to remember how much Dwight wants to be liked. He doesn't wanna be the villain. If he left Orlando, the fans would hate him. But just imagine if he walked out on LA? Nobody has done that before. Considering how much success the Lakers have had, they are a team that everybody wants to play for. Nobody would say no to them.

Dwight would have 2 fan bases hating him. And 1 of those fan bases is one of the biggest in the nation. No way Dwight would want that to happen.

Kevj77
04-07-2012, 04:01 AM
We also have to remember how much Dwight wants to be liked. He doesn't wanna be the villain. If he left Orlando, the fans would hate him. But just imagine if he walked out on LA? Nobody has done that before. Considering how much success the Lakers have had, they are a team that everybody wants to play for. Nobody would say no to them.

Dwight would have 2 fan bases hating him. And 1 of those fan bases is one of the biggest in the nation. No way Dwight would want that to happen.There is probably some truth to this. Howard wants to be liked. Fans in general are tired of star players demanding trades and holding teams hostage. Could you imagine the hate Howard would get for screwing over two popular teams in one season.

DaBear
04-07-2012, 04:42 AM

Welcome to the club..

DaBear
04-07-2012, 04:45 AM
that doesn't matter? the knicks are the mecca of basketball and he doesn't want to go there.. the yankees are the most storied franchise in all of sports and there are athletes that don't want to play there. it doesn't matter if that team or city is appealing, it's about where the player wants to go, not the attractions surrounding the team.

:laugh2: at your sig.

Miami Heat
04-07-2012, 05:34 AM
dwight not wanted to go to LA was known for a month or more...reports were he would not resign with the lakers if he was traded there, he didn't want to follow Shaq's steps

lol @ all the lakers fans saying they are glad there was no trade and never wanted dwight in LA

clifborder4fm
04-07-2012, 05:42 AM

Ya im happy we are sticking with Bynum. He is lighting it up aside from his little behavioral problems. Besides if we took dwight on, we wouldn't have money to get a solid supporting cast in the offseason with Kobe and Dwight gettin all the money..

clifborder4fm
04-07-2012, 05:45 AM
I also heard that Dwight was going to get a HUGE sponsorship deal if he went to Brooklyn that would pay him way more than what he'd earn from the Nets...

todu82
04-07-2012, 10:04 AM
Enough with this Dwight Howard soap opera, I, for one, am sick of hearing about it.

Robbw241
04-07-2012, 10:12 AM
I'm sick of this too, but let's face it my Nets are ****ed if we don't pull off this miracle so I have to read this **** ahhhhhhhh.

iliketurtles24
04-07-2012, 10:38 AM
laker fans... smh

The Final Boss
04-07-2012, 10:44 AM
I think its bigger than basketball. Sure he could win an easy ring with Kobe or Derrick Rose but he would be playing in their city in their shadow. An unamed company would prefer him have his own huge market to call metropolis and pay him $$$ for it.

What's the difference between Howard chasing a ring with Bryant and Rose and not with Williams in New Jersey? I don't believe this "report" for one second. It's too easy for this reckless journalists to claim an "unnamed source". The media hids behind that to sell papers and get web hits. It was funny to hear David Stern check Cowherd's bum-*** when he told him he had was hiding behind an unnamed source.

D12 fan
04-07-2012, 03:53 PM
Enough with this Dwight Howard soap opera, I, for one, am sick of hearing about it.

Then don't comment on this thread.LMAO

Sssmush
04-07-2012, 08:04 PM
Milwaukee Bucks being moved to Vegas, team name becomes the Las Vegas Divas. They automatically acquire LeBron, Melo, and Howard. FUUUUCK these people, jesus.

Brandon Jennings would obv remain with the team.

Actually, I don't think we should group Lebron with Dwight, at all.

If anything, Lebron was decisive and unequivocal, and stood up to a bullying and seemingly racist owner, who was very mean and angry.

Lebron said he would make a decision, Cleveland didn't trade him and LET him make the decision, and then Lebron MADE the decision, and stuck by it. That an entire city and the team owner were completely butt-hurt about his decision is another matter, but if anything it is the Cleveland FANS and the owner who are the prima-divas or whatever, and NOT Lebron.

Dwight's ridiculous antics are something closer to what Brett Farvre was like. It's hard to remember a player going after a coach quite so directly, but I guess Magic Johnson pulled something like that back in the day. But yeah, the on again, off again, constant lying and indecision, clashing and criticizing the coach and management, THAT is the essence of the prima donna thing and really it is a Brett Farvre kinda scenario if anything.