PDA

View Full Version : charles barkely: "if you dont like the chicago bulls you dont like basketball."

mdm692
04-06-2012, 12:36 AM
He also said that while everybody is on the heats bandwagon(which is true) the bulls are his favorite to win the east. He also said "the bulls are a team with a bunch of bruce bowens." personally chuck is hilarious and out of his mind but he does make a good point. The best coach in the nba and the best defensive scheme in basketball. They can only get better with rose back in the line up.

Thoughts??

justinnum1
04-06-2012, 12:41 AM
they need rose at 100% to have a chance to come out the east. They play hard every night, i give them that, if the heat played as hard that would be scary. But until i see a legit 2nd option emerge on that team i think there ceiling is the ECF.

albertc86
04-06-2012, 12:42 AM
A bunch of Bruce Bowens is better than a bunch of Tito Jacksons.

TylerSL
04-06-2012, 12:42 AM
respect would be a better term. I dont like the Bulls (Heat fan), but I respect them and acknowledge how good they are.

Mudvayne91
04-06-2012, 12:43 AM
I don't really like anything Chicago (sports, nothing against the people), so I guess I failed Mr. Barkely.

nitric
04-06-2012, 12:44 AM
they need rose at 100% to have a chance to come out the east. They play hard every night, i give them that, if the heat played as hard that would be scary. But until i see a legit 2nd option emerge on that team i think there ceiling is the ECF.

Did you not see Deng take over tonights game :p

shep33
04-06-2012, 12:44 AM
I love how hard they play.

mdm692
04-06-2012, 12:45 AM
So all bs aside is tom thib a lock for coach of the year.

justinnum1
04-06-2012, 12:47 AM

ONe game with a mediocre defender on him? Let me see what deng does when battier is on him or wade is on him. Like i said, bulls need to show they can win a close game vs the heat in the playoffs.

UPRock
I don't like the Bulls and I LOVE basketball so Chuck can eat some Raviolis somewhere else.

justinnum1
So all bs aside is tom thib a lock for coach of the year.

No, i give that to pop.

Sactown
Apparently he listens to Grant Nappier lol..

Cubby
04-06-2012, 12:49 AM

You keep telling yourself that because Deng took over the game tonight against a damn good defensive team. Rip is just coming off an injury. You can't just base opinions right at this current moment.

BearsBullsSox
04-06-2012, 12:50 AM
I notice that alot of the non-Bull fans of the other Eastern Conference teams dickride and live vicariously through Miami as if the Heat are their second favorite team which is why many prefer the Heat to Bulls. I never understood the fear, admiration, and facination that every fanbase in the East besides our has of Miami. It's like they dont even WANT to challenge Miami. The only team and fanbase that really balls up to Miami are the Bulls. Everyone else in the East kind of just walks with their head down and have already given up to the Heat.

justinnum1
04-06-2012, 12:53 AM
You keep telling yourself that because Deng took over the game tonight against a damn good defensive team. Rip is just coming off an injury. You can't just base opinions right at this current moment.

Rip has shown nothing to concern me, and thats this whole year. So i guess we should all just hope that rip can turn it on in the playoffs:rolleyes:

And deng had rondo guarding him, i dont know why...but cool stuff, he made some jumpers, still has the worst fg% of his career and worst fg% of any player at home.

Its truly amazing the amount of times the bulls play a good team on there 2nd night of a back to back, just a crazy schedule

Ezio
04-06-2012, 12:55 AM
Rip has shown nothing to concern me, and thats this whole year. So i guess we should all just hope that rip can turn it on in the playoffs:rolleyes:

And deng had rondo guarding him, i dont know why...but cool stuff, he made some jumpers, still has the worst fg% of his career and worst fg% of any player at home.

Oh you mean like most of your team?

Pierzynski4Prez
Thibs is just too damn good.

Without Rose, 15-7. Winning % of .681, good for 5th currently in the league. 28-6 with Rose.

Bin Laden
And if you love how Charles speaks then you must hate the English language ??

justinnum1
Oh you mean like most of your team?
They showed last season they can turn it on, last time rip showed it was??? a few years ago...

Ezio
04-06-2012, 12:57 AM
They showed last season they can turn it on, last time rip showed it was??? a few years ago...

:yawn: When's the last time Rip was on a playoff team?

Marlin234
04-06-2012, 12:58 AM
I notice that alot of the non-Bull fans of the other Eastern Conference teams dickride and live vicariously through Miami as if the Heat are their second favorite team which is why many prefer the Heat to Bulls. I never understood the fear, admiration, and facination that every fanbase in the East besides our has of Miami. It's like they dont even WANT to challenge Miami. The only team and fanbase that really balls up to Miami are the Bulls. Everyone else in the East kind of just walks with their head down and have already given up to the Heat.

Lol, sorry. It your last sentence couldn't be anymore wrong. Everyone faces the HEAT like the championship is on the line.

kingbrentg
04-06-2012, 12:59 AM

Overblown necessity when our offense as a whole has been #2-4 in efficiency all season, much improved from last season. But no matter what you'll be stubborn to that fact like you have in other threads when you keep bringing this up.

If Rose and Rip are healthy, pairing that with our defense is plenty to be able to move past the ECF. Will it happen though? Time will tell.

Cubby
04-06-2012, 12:59 AM
Exactly, Ezio.

Marlin234
04-06-2012, 01:00 AM
:yawn: When's the last time Rip was on a playoff team?

Because hes a super star is goin to score 30+ a night

monzternipz12
Pop>thibs??? Really? I like Pop but Thibs has done everything you can ask from a coach given the situations he's been in. The bulls are the best team bc of thibs. Not rose, not boozer, not Noah. I wouldn't get mad if pop wins coach of the year but thibs not winning it just doesn't sound right.

kingbrentg

Doesn't need to.

Pierzynski4Prez

Yes, in the ECF.

So the Bulls have no shot to get past the Heat in the ECF since they have not gotten that legit "#2" in your eyes, so then by your same theory the Heat have no chance in the finals against whoever they face because, well we know why.

Ezio
04-06-2012, 01:01 AM

Because Bosh gonna brick 14 shots again?

Cubby
04-06-2012, 01:02 AM

Its truly amazing the amount of times the bulls play a good team on there 2nd night of a back to back, just a crazy schedule

He's barely even played, and even when he did he was either playing hurt or coming off of an injury.

And I'm pretty sure Pierce was guarding him. Didn't know he was a mediocre defender.

Our entire first half of the season was a giant cluster**** of a schedule.

justinnum1
04-06-2012, 01:03 AM
Yes, in the ECF.

So the Bulls have no shot to get past the Heat in the ECF since they have not gotten that legit "#2" in your eyes, so then by your same theory the Heat have no chance in the finals against whoever they face because, well we know why.

Heat have to show they can win in the finals, just like the bulls have to show they can get past miami.

Im hardly convinced the bulls can take more than 2 off miami.

Marlin234
04-06-2012, 01:04 AM
Because Boozer gonna brick 14 shots again?

Fixed,

Cubby
04-06-2012, 01:05 AM
This is all pointless. As Brent said, we've had a top offensive efficiency all year, so you can continue to ignore that if it makes you sleep better.

Ezio
04-06-2012, 01:05 AM
Fixed,

:yawn:

Marlin234
04-06-2012, 01:07 AM

Talking about yawning. I'm going to bed. Well be facing you again soon. Rose should be back.. Then well See wassup

Cubby
04-06-2012, 01:08 AM
Heat have to show they can win in the finals, just like the bulls have to show they can get past miami.

Best defense in the league, top offensive efficiency, best offensive rebounding team in the league (one of the best overall rebounding teams as well), have strengths at every one of your weaknesses and great defenders at your strengths... yeah I'd say we match up perfectly with Miami.

justinnum1
04-06-2012, 01:09 AM
This is all pointless. As Brent said, we've had a top offensive efficiency all year, so you can continue to ignore that if it makes you sleep better.

What does that have to do with someone else not named rose making a shot at the end of a game? Like i said, until they show me they can win a close playoff game vs miami, im not to concerned.

Ezio
04-06-2012, 01:12 AM
What does that have to do with someone else not named rose making a shot at the end of a game? Like i said, until they show me they can win a close playoff game vs miami, im not to concerned.

Then there's no point in discussing this till the ECF if both teams make it ;)

kingbrentg
04-06-2012, 01:12 AM

What doesn't it have to do with that? That's exactly what it means. That the Bulls as a whole, are an efficient offensive team with players capable of sharing the ball and scoring. Much better than last year, and that's without seeing much from Rip all season. If he's healthy, that's an even bigger boost.

I'm sorry you've been lead to believe that having a LeBron as a #2 option is what it takes to win now. That's completely false.

Cubby
04-06-2012, 01:13 AM

If you have an efficient offense and a shutdown defense, most likely you won't be in that situation to begin with. Second, who's to say we can't just stick with our gameplan? With Rip in, I don't give a ****ing **** how bad you think he is, you can't just leave him open. You can't. There is NOBODY on our team that you can just blatantly leave open down the stretch. Rose can create for others by penetration and get his guys open. It's not all that complicated, and you really have nobody that can hold down a rested Derrick Rose.

Rip CAN create for himself. We saw glimpses of that tonight and in our last game. He just needs to stay healthy.

LakersIn5
04-06-2012, 01:14 AM
i dont like both the heat and the bulls but i still think that miami comes out of the east. bulls already had a healthy rose last season and yet still lost to the heat. and the heat still got better.

kingbrentg
04-06-2012, 01:14 AM
i dont like both the heat and the bulls but i still think that miami comes out of the east. bulls already had a healthy rose last season and yet still lost to the heat. and the heat still got better.

And the Bulls didn't at all.

Cubby
04-06-2012, 01:15 AM
So what he's essentially saying is, if we are winning the series 3-0, he won't be "too concerned" since we haven't yet proven we can win yet?

Awesome.

Marlin234
04-06-2012, 01:15 AM
What doesn't it have to do with that? That's exactly what it means. That the Bulls as a whole, are an efficient offensive team with players capable of sharing the ball and scoring. Much better than last year, and that's without seeing much from Rip all season. If he's healthy, that's an even bigger boost.

I'm sorry you've been lead to believe that having a LeBron as a #2 option is what it takes to win now. That's completely false.

yep #2 option right behind our number #1 Joel Anthony ( The league MVP)

justinnum1
04-06-2012, 01:16 AM
If you have an efficient offense and a shutdown defense, most likely you won't be in that situation to begin with. Second, who's to say we can't just stick with our gameplan? With Rip in, I don't give a ****ing **** how bad you think he is, you can't just leave him open. You can't. There is NOBODY on our team that you can just blatantly leave open down the stretch. Rose can create for others by penetration and get his guys open. It's not all that complicated, and you really have nobody that can hold down a rested Derrick Rose.

Rip CAN create for himself. We saw glimpses of that tonight and in our last game. He just needs to stay healthy.
dont need to leave anyone open when lebron can shutdown rose by himself.

Cubby
04-06-2012, 01:16 AM

How did we not get better?

kingbrentg
04-06-2012, 01:17 AM

And things just got hilarious. I'm done, you're ignoring everything I say anyway. :laugh2:

Cubby
04-06-2012, 01:18 AM

Get over yourself. He never shut him down. It was your trap defense and he had nobody on the perimeter to kick it out to because Bogans was ****ing awful. Rose got by LeBron almost every time, even with his fatigue, and he got by him every time in the game this year in Miami.

Ezio
04-06-2012, 01:20 AM
Lebron shut down Rose :laugh:

Maybe it was that Wade is fast enough to help out and trap Rose? Heck if Lebron can't even shut down Lucas, I doubt Lebron can hold down a rested Rose.

justinnum1
04-06-2012, 01:22 AM
Get over yourself. He never shut him down. It was your trap defense and he had nobody on the perimeter to kick it out to because Bogans was ****ing awful. Rose got by LeBron almost every time, even with his fatigue, and he got by him every time in the game this year in Miami.

No, he guarded him by himself, and affected everyone of roses shots in the 4th. Bron is just to big and fast, thats why i need to see someone else on the bulls make a shot at the ned of a close game. Sorry if i dont just take your word that ip will make a shot or deng will because your offensive efficiency has improved. Just like i dont expect you guys to believe the heat has a 2nd gear, ****, i didnt believe it either till i saw it in the semis and ECF. Dallas was just an incredible team and had the perfect combination of toughness, shooters, and one clutch son of a *****.

Ezio
04-06-2012, 01:24 AM
No, he guarded him by himself, and affected everyone of roses shots in the 4th. Bron is just to big and fast, thats why i need to see someone else on the bulls make a shot at the ned of a close game. Sorry if i dont just take your word that ip will make a shot or deng will because your offensive efficiency has improved. Just like i dont expect you guys to believe the heat has a 2nd gear, ****, i didnt believe it either till i saw it in the semis and ECF. Dallas was just an incredible team and had the perfect combination of toughness, shooters, and one clutch son of a *****.

Korver for the win in the 1st round against the Pacers or how about this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZARQCPfhzE4

toovey107
04-06-2012, 01:25 AM
Guard a guy tough a couple times down the stretch and now you can shut him down lol.

News flash- nobody can shut down Rose, just like no one can shut down Lebron etc. Have Lebron guard him all game and he'll constantly get beat to the basket. Lets get real.

Its Miamis help D and rotations.

MJ-BULLS
04-06-2012, 01:25 AM
LOL at some people talking as they know how the bulls roster is currently ran/ know all about our team.

Cubby
04-06-2012, 01:26 AM
Really? Because I saw a whole lot of Wade helping out and trapping Rose when he drove, leaving Bogans wide open. Problem is, Bogans isn't a threat at all. Rip will be running around screens and will be constantly moving. You can't just sag off of him.

Ezio
04-06-2012, 01:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDzjCm_dXvg&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CxtI8fdFaE&feature=relmfu

justinnum1
04-06-2012, 01:29 AM
Guard a guy tough a couple times down the stretch and now you can shut him down lol.

News flash- nobody can shut down Rose, just like no one can shut down Lebron etc. Have Lebron guard him all game and he'll constantly get beat to the basket. Lets get real.

Its Miamis help D and rotations.

wheres that stat, i will look for it but it was something like rose shot 2-12 when being guarded by lebron in the 4th...goto has it

i consider that locking someone down,
And if bulls fans dont want to acknowledge lebrons stellar D on rose, and credit it as team D, whats going to change this year? miamis d has improved with a healthier UD and battier, #2 in opp per

Cubby
04-06-2012, 01:33 AM
Because we have Rip, and Boozer and Noah have insane chemistry now. That's why. He can't be trapped nearly as easily now.

Ezio
04-06-2012, 01:36 AM
wheres that stat, i will look for it but it was something like rose shot 2-12 when being guarded by lebron in the 4th...goto has it

And if bulls fans dont want to acknowledge lebrons stellar D on rose, and credit it as team D, whats going to change this year? miamis d has improved with a healthier UD and battier, #2 in opp per

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZARQCPfhzE4&feature=relmfu

You see this play? All of the Heat players eyes are on Rose and they are cheating off their man to defended. Heck Wade went to double. UD/Battier it don't matter. Bulls got some shooters.

Cubby
04-06-2012, 01:36 AM
Why are we even bringing up last season anyway? We are a completely different team and Rose has gotten much needed rest right before the playoffs. He won't be exhausted this time around.

Cubby
04-06-2012, 01:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZARQCPfhzE4&feature=relmfu

You see this play? All of the Heat players eyes are on Rose and they are cheating off their man to defended. Heck Wade went to double. UD/Battier it don't matter. Bulls got some shooters.

Literally the entire team collapsed on Rose. :laugh2:

justinnum1
04-06-2012, 01:39 AM
That was a blown assignment by wade, he even said so himself after the game. But keep bringing up regualr season games. Im still waiting to see where a bull not named rose helped them win in games 2-5

Cubby
04-06-2012, 01:40 AM
And you keep bringing up last year.

justinnum1
04-06-2012, 01:41 AM
And you keep bringing up last year.

you just brought up a video of last year:laugh2:

good stuff:cheers: i had a long day, we can continue this tomorrow

Ezio
04-06-2012, 01:42 AM
Yet you think spolestra will change it up. That would get defended the same way.

Cubby
04-06-2012, 01:42 AM
I didn't post that, but okay. Good night.

Cubby
04-06-2012, 01:43 AM
Plus, with Boozer playing the the high post, it makes it that much more difficult to collapse.

Master Mind
04-06-2012, 01:49 AM
Didn't Barkely pick the Bulls last year?

Teeboy1487
04-06-2012, 02:15 AM

I agree with this.

mdm692
04-06-2012, 02:39 AM
Plus, with Boozer playing the the high post, it makes it that much more difficult to collapse.

your sig pic is just filthy :D

LakersIn5
04-06-2012, 03:02 AM
Because we have Rip, and Boozer and Noah have insane chemistry now. That's why. He can't be trapped nearly as easily now.

same can be said of the heats chemistry this season. the bulls improved but so does the heat.

kozelkid
04-06-2012, 03:07 AM

Well I'll be, I never knew that 12 fga was enough of a sample size to constitute a player getting "shut down." :laugh2:

The things you learn in PSD.

SaimuKala
04-06-2012, 03:08 AM

Sorry but I don't get the 2nd gear thing. Last 2 games The Heat wanted to win Chicago and were trying 100%.

DodgerBulls
04-06-2012, 03:19 AM
Translation: If you don't like how the Bulls play as a team, then you don't like what an ideal basketball team plays.

Pretty much insert any team other than Bulls who plays like a team.

hgtiger32
04-06-2012, 03:47 AM
Anyone a little worried about lack of chemistry between Rose and Co. when he comes back?

Baller1
04-06-2012, 03:49 AM
Well I'll be, I never knew that 12 fga was enough of a sample size to constitute a player getting "shut down." :laugh2:

Well to be fair, it was in the entire series. A full series can be considered an adequate sample size in many situations.

5ass
04-06-2012, 04:15 AM
Thats true, its the way they play together, the way they play defense and hustle that makes them so likable.

5ass
04-06-2012, 04:17 AM

Come on man, ur not willing to acknowledge Lebron played great D on Rose in the ECF?

Bulls_fan90
04-06-2012, 05:00 AM
User Name Posts
CubbyBlue2009 16
justinnum1 12
Ezio 10
Marlin234 5
kingbrentg 5
mdm692 3
Pierzynski4Prez 2
LakersIn5 2
5ass 2
albertc86 1
hgtiger32 1
UPRock 1
DodgerBulls 1
SaimuKala 1
Teeboy1487 1
Mudvayneowns91 1
kozelkid 1
Sactown 1
Master Mind 1
TylerSL 1
baller101200 1
MJ-BULLS 1
Bin Laden 1
nitric 1
monzternipz12 1
toovey107 1
shep33 1
BearsBullsSox 1

Obsessed much Jutinnn?

tredigs
04-06-2012, 05:09 AM
The NBA is a much better league because of the Chicago Bulls; now and in recent memory. Nothing else needs said about that organization.

Furymaker
04-06-2012, 05:50 AM
justin, you say so for bulls we say so for heat , they still have to prove they can win game down the stretch against Mavs ... until then stfu

LakersIn5
04-06-2012, 06:02 AM
justin, you say so for bulls we say so for heat , they still have to prove they can win game down the stretch against Mavs ... until then stfu

yeah and the bulls have to prove they can win game down the stretch against the heat.

Bulls_fan90
04-06-2012, 06:24 AM
yeah and the bulls have to prove they can win game down the stretch against the heat.

That's what he just said...

PlayDPlease
04-06-2012, 06:38 AM
The little engine that won't

PlayDPlease
04-06-2012, 06:40 AM

Justinuum is one of the best poster in PSD. Dude is like Miami Heat Team Fluffer by night and Fan Boy Pom Pom on PSD by day.

Pretty impressive.

Azzacadabra
04-06-2012, 06:41 AM
Liking the bulls? No. Respecting them yeah. Liking the bulls is like watching Charles Barkley's golf swing, ill advised and hard to believe.

Furymaker
04-06-2012, 07:32 AM
ball sharing is way more impressive than athletic plays by individual players .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6TNH4w3rY0

FraziersKnicks
04-06-2012, 08:27 AM
I don't like the Bulls.. I respect the basketball they play but I don't like the by any means.

allSUAVE
04-06-2012, 08:32 AM
Not really, they are a boring team to watch!!

RowBTrice
04-06-2012, 08:57 AM
I usually hate everything that comes out of Chuck's mouth, but I do agree with this.

kingbrentg
04-06-2012, 09:01 AM
Come on man, ur not willing to acknowledge Lebron played great D on Rose in the ECF?

Where did he say that? Nowhere.

Of course he played great defense, but great defense ≠ single-handedly shutting someone down. It took more than James to stop Rose, as exhibited by the constant two man traps they threw at him the entire series.

Difference now is, we'll hopefully be able to negate those traps much more successfully.

Not really, they are a boring team to watch!!

Ah, yeah. Sorry we're not an ESPN love child with Top 10s every week.

theheatles
04-06-2012, 09:05 AM
peoples feelings towards the bulls have no effect on their feelings to the game of basketball

chuck is just making another bold outlandish statement to get some attention

king4day
04-06-2012, 09:22 AM
No, i give that to pop.

Either he or Vogel. I think he's gonna get some consideration if the Pacers finish with HCA in round 1.

kdspurman
04-06-2012, 09:22 AM
peoples feelings towards the bulls have no effect on their feelings to the game of basketball

chuck is just making another bold outlandish statement to get some attention

Chuck has actually been pretty on point with his stuff lately. If he said that about Miami I bet you wouldn't say that lol

He did call Dallas the best team in the West last year even before the playoffs started.

Master Mind
04-06-2012, 09:23 AM
I usually hate everything that comes out of Chuck's mouth, but I do agree with this.

I wonder why?

He115ing
04-06-2012, 09:43 AM
I just don't like Noah

DR_1
04-06-2012, 09:47 AM
ONe game with a mediocre defender on him? Let me see what deng does when battier is on him or wade is on him. Like i said, bulls need to show they can win a close game vs the heat in the playoffs.

Pierce is a mediocre defender? :laugh:

And Chuck, this is another reason why I have more respect for you than any ESPN analyst outside of Stein and Russillo

AddiX
04-06-2012, 10:16 AM
I respect the bulls, but watching them without rose? WTF would I do that for?

They play hard, great fundamentals, but without rose they are incredibly boring.

LGhost
04-06-2012, 10:28 AM
Obsessed much Jutinnn?

Wouldn't be a Bulls thread if the Bulls number one fan didn't post in it - I got Bulls sigs & avatars all ready for him when he announces the switch publicly...

You bring up the ECF in every post so you must have it memorized perfectly... Tell me some facts about Lebron shutting down Rose in game 2...

celtNYpatsHeels
04-06-2012, 10:39 AM
I been saying this for two years. Bulls have by far the deepest team in the NBA and the best team defense in the NBA. And I'll add to that, Rose is by far the most overrated player in the NBA.

justinnum1
04-06-2012, 10:41 AM
I been saying this for two years. Bulls have by far the deepest team in the NBA and the best team defense in the NBA. And I'll add to that, Rose is by far the most overrated player in the NBA.

Rose isn't overrated unless you consider him a top 5 player.

thekmp211
04-06-2012, 10:44 AM

lol. boston has been wiping the floor with this heat team literally since its first game together.

there are three east contenders. gotta agree that the bulls are a damn good "team". dunno if they have the overall talent when the playoffs come, but what they are doing is sure as hell impressive.

celtNYpatsHeels
04-06-2012, 10:45 AM
Coach of the year means NOTHING. Look at the winners from 03-09.... Mike Brown, Byron Scott, Sam Mitchell, Avery Johnson, Hubie Brown, mIke Dantoni.... Absolute JOKE

kntresistheheat
04-06-2012, 10:50 AM
The bulls are a great team! In fact, they scare me more than any other team in the eastern conf. The way they are playing with out rose is amazing! They have a deep bench, defense, rebounding, and just enough offense. The bulls don't look for a leader to will them to a win, they play really good team ball and every player there plays like a leader. This is my opinion on the bulls and I think the heat is their biggest competition and I really don't like how the heat has been playing this year. The only game I saw this year that impressed me by the heat was against OKC.

It's going to be a fight in the ECF. HEAT VS BULLS The two best team in the east and I still think the heat can pull it off if they play that high intensity defense!

LGhost
04-06-2012, 10:59 AM
Coach of the year means NOTHING. Look at the winners from 03-09.... Mike Brown, Byron Scott, Sam Mitchell, Avery Johnson, Hubie Brown, mIke Dantoni.... Absolute JOKE

A little copy & paste for ya

Hubie -

Came out of retirement two weeks into last season to become head coach on November 12, 2002, leading them to a then franchise-best 28 victories. This year, in his first full season at the helm, Memphis posted a 50-32 record, the franchiseís first winning season and first playoff berth as the sixth seed in the West.

DíAntoni -

Engineered the third largest turnaround in NBA history this season, guiding the Suns to a club record-tying 62 wins, a remarkable 33-game improvement over last seasonís disappointing 29-53 record. After finishing 11-30 on the road in 2003-04, they finished a league-best and franchise-best 31-10 (.756) on the road this season, the seventh-best road winning percentage in league history. Phoenix is only the second NBA team (1979-80 Boston Celtics) to win 60 games after a 50-loss season.
DíAntoni, only the second Phoenix Suns coach to be honored as NBA Coach of the Year (Cotton Fitzsimmons, 1988-89), led the Sunsí explosive offense to a league-best 110.4 points per game, as they became the first team since the 1994-95 Orlando Magic to average over 110 points. The teamís 16.2-point increase from last season (94.2) ranked as the largest increase in team scoring since the advent of the shot clock. Phoenix topped 100 points in 68 of 82 games this season and broke the NBA single-season record for three-pointers made with 796 (previously 735 by Dallas in 1995-96).

Brooks -

The 16th head coach in franchise history became the guiding force behind one of the biggest turnarounds in NBA history. A year after winning 23 games, the Thunder concluded the 2009-10 season with a record of 50-32 (.610). The 27-win improvement was tied for the eighth largest in NBA history. This past season the Thunder increased their winning percentage by 33.0 points, which led the league (Memphis second with 19.5 point improvement).

Scott -

The first coach in Hornets history to receive the honor, led the franchise to its first Southwest Division title and a franchise-best 56-win season. Scott guided the team to a 56-26 (.683) record, an 18-game improvement over last season (38-43, .463) and the second-best record in the highly competitive Western Conference. The Hornets also broke a franchise record with 26 road wins, finishing at 26-15 on the road and winning 17 of their final 26 road games. The Hornets were 15-26 away from home a year ago.

Mitchell -

Guided the team to an NBA-best 20-game improvement (27-55) over the 2005-06 season.

Johnson -

Guided the Mavs to a 60-22 record, tying the 2002-03 team for the best record in franchise history.

LGhost
04-06-2012, 10:59 AM
Rose isn't overrated unless you consider him a top 5 player.

Take your time

northsid3r
04-06-2012, 11:09 AM
I love Chuck, but even I have to admit that he is a little bias when it comes to Chicago sports. He Likes the Bulls, he say's things like Noah is his favorite Player. He's on Chicago sports radio alot and He wanted the Bears to end Tebow Mania last year.

THE_G.O.A.T.
04-06-2012, 11:10 AM
This thread reminds me of my dog when she chases her tail...

On a side note, why does DWade fall down/flop on every shot? He'd probably have a much better shooting percentage if he wasn't always falling over.

BcEuAbRsS
04-06-2012, 11:14 AM
He just has bad balance... don't worry tho, he will get it back for the playoffs...

BcEuAbRsS
04-06-2012, 11:17 AM
But for real tho... Thibs is the coach of the year no doubt... all the injuries and STILL hold the best record in the NBA with significant wins against really good teams without Rose is why I'd say Thibs is COY no doubt...

Audubon
04-06-2012, 11:27 AM
Its truly amazing the amount of times the bulls play a good team on there 2nd night of a back to back, just a crazy scheduleOr the fact that at one point they had the most road games as any team in the NBA or played the most games in the NBA or the fact that they have the best record in the NBA with so many key players missing so many games. I mean imagine if your best player and 2nd best player miss several games at the same time. Crazy year huh?

justinnum1
04-06-2012, 11:32 AM
Or the fact that at one point they had the most road games as any team in the NBA or played the most games in the NBA or the fact that they have the best record in the NBA with so many key players missing so many games. I mean imagine if your best player and 2nd best player miss several games at the same time. Crazy year huh?

bulls should have the best record, they play harder than any team during the regular season, they did it last year with injures and are doing it this year.

PLus there depth allows for it

Shmontaine
04-06-2012, 11:37 AM

?? this coming from a heat fan?? they've been on cruise control for last few weeks, but they can somehow turn it on in the playoffs, but you give nobody else the same benefit of past success... rip has a career 20 ppg in over 100 playoff games, that's enough of a sample size to show that he can be an impact player on a big stage...

When was rondo guarding deng... i was at the game and it was a lot of PP on deng, with deng going iso pretty much... maybe one play when rondo got switched onto deng...

please man, stop making excuses for the bulls success... now it's the schedule makers taking it easy on the bulls...

ahh yes, the 'last season' argument again... only the heat are given the opportunity to change the results of last season... no other team with have a different outcome from what they suffered last season, except the heat. only use last season to prove that the heat are better than the bulls, but then it's 'the heat are better and deeper' and 'have more chemistry'... surely, no other team is capable of doing such things...

hardly?? they've proven that they can win in a multitude of ways... last year they were much more dependent on rose creating a shot for himself and for his teammates... this year is a much different story IMO...

didn't they win a close game vs. miami this year, without rose... and rip... wait, we are back to the whole 'it's not a playoff game' and the 'heat will turn it up' in the postseason...

when do you become concerned???

this mentality reminds me a lot of the shaq talk the year after they won the ship and faced the bulls in the first round... he kept saying, 'the series doesn't start until the home team loses'... the heat got swept.... it's a dangerous mentality to 'not be too concerned' until they bulls have taken two off the heat in a playoff series... probably too late to save the series if the heat have that same mentality... much like they had last years' finals...

this.... may be accurate to a degree... a very small degree... the heat will not need to double, but trapping and rotations will need to be precise, and with the bulls moving the ball much better this year, they will have an opportunity to make plays... i'm also not convinced that battier will be able to defend deng adequately when this situation arises...

oh, so stats don't matter here... i guess all of lebrons improved efficiency and the heat's overall efficiency don't matter then... wait, i forgot... only discredit stats when they don't say what you want... LBJ MVP!!! the stats say so!!!

again... miami's defense is allowed to improve from last year to this year, yet the bulls offense is not...

you're double standards are pretty ridiculous, and obvious... have the heat improved?? yes... have the bulls improved?? yes... are the heat favorites to come out of the east?? yes... do the bulls stand a better chance against the heat this year over last year?? yes...

sorry for the muti quote... i ain't no post padding *****...

justinnum1
04-06-2012, 11:38 AM
you spend the last hour doing that? :laugh:

you're double standards are pretty ridiculous, and obvious... have the heat improved?? yes... have the bulls improved?? yes... are the heat favorites to come out of the east?? yes... do the bulls stand a better chance against the heat this year over last year?? yes...

and we are back to square one:clap:

The goods
04-06-2012, 11:46 AM
Rose needs to get healthy before they can talk championship,but they are my pick to come out of the east.
Bulls vs lakers in the finals. Lol

Shmontaine
04-06-2012, 11:51 AM

and we are back to square one:clap:

maybe 20 min... :D

LGhost
04-06-2012, 11:52 AM

Wow man... That's all you can say? You post a ton here but respect doesn't matter to you? Why don't you stand up for your opinions?

justinnum1
04-06-2012, 11:55 AM
maybe 20 min... :D

lol touchť

ChitownSports16
04-06-2012, 12:00 PM
[QUOTE=justinnum1;21641095]you spend the last hour doing that? :laugh:QUOTE]

lmfao... what does it matter????? your prob stuck on here 23 hours a day... Do something with your life instead of talking nonsence homer.

justinnum1
04-06-2012, 12:02 PM
[QUOTE=justinnum1;21641095]you spend the last hour doing that? :laugh:QUOTE]

lmfao... what does it matter????? your prob stuck on here 23 hours a day... Do something with your life instead of talking nonsence homer.

:yawn: i expect petty insults from teenagers.

Shmontaine
04-06-2012, 12:03 PM
Wow man... That's all you can say? You post a ton here but respect doesn't matter to you? Why don't you stand up for your opinions?

meh... it doesn't really need a response... i was reading this thread and it struck me as painfully obvious that he is a homer who will say what he thinks sounds right at that moment, and that changes from post to post... no consistency and no real standards that he bases his opinions on, other than 'the heat are better than the bulls'... if the stats agree with this, he will use them, if the stats don't agree, he will use 'last year', or 'second gear', or 'legit #2', etc...

justinnum1
04-06-2012, 12:06 PM
bulls have a better record than the heat, just like they did last year, sorry bulls fans if i dont think your team is better than miami.

Shmontaine
04-06-2012, 12:15 PM
bulls have a better record than the heat, just like they did last year, sorry bulls fans if i dont think your team is better than miami.

yea.. last year.. last year proves the results of this year, obviously.. only this year it's with drose missing 20+ games... the bulls best player...

clearly the bulls the same as last year, nothing without drose...

Pierzynski4Prez
04-06-2012, 12:16 PM

By that measure then excuse everybody else in the world if we don't think you're any better than Dallas then. Dallas could win 25 total this year, but I won't believe you're any better than them because of last year's result.

justinnum1
04-06-2012, 12:20 PM
when bulls beat miami in the ECF then they will be the better team, when maimi wins the finals, then they will will be the best team. both teams have plenty to prove

LGhost
04-06-2012, 12:23 PM
when bulls beat miami in the ECF then they will be the better team, when maimi wins the finals, then they will will be the best team. both teams have plenty to prove

Yet you still derail every Bulls thread that pops up in the NBA forum... With the same exact words. Don't you get tired of repeating yourself

kdspurman
04-06-2012, 12:29 PM
Gotta love PSD. LOL. Barkley gives props to the Bulls for how they play the game. But fans from another team come in getting all salty. How old are some of ya'll on here man smh

THE_G.O.A.T.
04-06-2012, 12:31 PM
Fellas...its the regular season, why is everyone getting their panties in a bunch? We all know the Bulls and Heat will meet in the conference finals, so lets just put an end to all this "my team is better than yours" until then.

Missing56&33
04-06-2012, 12:31 PM
I don't like the Bulls and I still like basketball. I do respect the way they play though.

effen5
04-06-2012, 12:35 PM
[QUOTE=ChitownSports16;21641259]

:yawn: i expect petty insults from teenagers.

Don't you find the irony in that? You insult a guy for writing something in twenty minutes but you have over 25k posts in under 2 years...

That is dedication right there. You almost have half of what JB has.

Shmontaine
04-06-2012, 12:35 PM

Yet you still derail every Bulls thread that pops up in the NBA forum... With the same exact words. Don't you get tired of repeating yourself

when justinnum1 makes consistent posts the he will be a better poster, when bulls fans ignore justinnum1 they will be the best poster. both posters have plenty to prove...

:D :p ;)

effen5
04-06-2012, 12:36 PM
gotta love psd. Lol. Barkley gives props to the bulls for how they play the game. But fans from another team come in getting all salty. How old are some of ya'll on here man smh

26 :)

cubbiefan_est88
04-06-2012, 12:41 PM

Dwayne wade? You are aware deng is a 6'9 small forward. Wade has no effect on deng lebron guards deng. Wade is useless on d when hamilton plays having to run through 25 30 screens a game.

justinnum1
04-06-2012, 12:43 PM
Dwayne wade? You are aware deng is a 6'9 small forward. Wade has no effect on deng lebron guards deng. Wade is useless on d when hamilton plays having to run through 25 30 screens a game.
:facepalm:

wade locked down ray allen in the semis last year, i think he will do just fine vs rip.

And battier will guard deng so lebron can take rose out of the game again.

ChicagoFan4Eva
04-06-2012, 12:44 PM
[QUOTE=justinnum1;21641269]

Don't you find the irony in that? You insult a guy for writing something in twenty minutes but you have over 25k posts in under 2 years...

That is dedication right there. You almost have half of what JB has.

this is what cracked me up outta the whole thread lmaoooo :clap::clap::clap::clap:

thank you effen lol

DaBUU
04-06-2012, 12:47 PM

Lets not get silly, he did it against an old rec league team last night. :) But yeah Lu had his way.

mark1125
04-06-2012, 12:50 PM
Like? Not a chance. Respect? Definately.

Of course if I had to choose, I would root for the Bulls over the Heat.

Shmontaine
04-06-2012, 12:51 PM

wade locked down ray allen in the semis last year, i think he will do just fine vs rip.

are we going by stats??

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/allenra02/gamelog/2011/

allen 26/55 fg for 47.2% --- 15/30 3pt for 50%

LOCKED DOWN!!!!

DaBUU
04-06-2012, 12:51 PM

lebron only guards Rose at the end of games, no way he is able to cover him from start to finish. Spo is a moronic coach, but even he he isnt stupid enough to make LBJ cover Derrick for 48 minutes.

Public Enemy #1
04-06-2012, 12:53 PM
Bulls are beyond overrated. I'll give you that they play their hearts out, total team effort. They have a great coach and one of the top point guards in the league but they haven't added anything to this year's team that will get them past Miami. Miami takes it to another gear in the playoffs unlike the Bulls who are already using that second gear right now.

Nothing will change my Finals prediction: Heat vs Thunder. Bulls adding Rip Hamilton isn't going to make a difference in the ECF series

cubbiefan_est88
04-06-2012, 12:57 PM

Wade even said he was exausted on d in the first game this year running through all the screen so shove your facepalm.

tyfreaks brotha
04-06-2012, 01:07 PM
Guess I don't like basketball then

Ezio
04-06-2012, 01:21 PM
No one likes the Bulls because they hardly get highlight reels on SC/ESPN Same thing with the Spurs.

meloman1592
04-06-2012, 01:31 PM
i don't like the bulls...guess i don't like basketball :shrug:

Cubby
04-06-2012, 01:36 PM
when justinnum1 makes consistent posts the he will be a better poster, when bulls fans ignore justinnum1 they will be the best poster. both posters have plenty to prove...

:D :p ;)

I just don't like Noah

Good, that means he is doing his job lol. You aren't supposed to like him.

LGhost
04-06-2012, 01:37 PM
i don't like the bulls...guess i don't like basketball :shrug:

Guess not

Cubby
04-06-2012, 01:38 PM
same can be said of the heats chemistry this season. the bulls improved but so does the heat.

I've been watching the Heat and they show flashes of chemistry, but most nights it just isn't there.

justinnum1
04-06-2012, 01:39 PM
lebron only guards Rose at the end of games, no way he is able to cover him from start to finish. Spo is a moronic coach, but even he he isnt stupid enough to make LBJ cover Derrick for 48 minutes.
Yea, and at the end of games, lebron will guard rose if he has to and battier will guard deng.

Bulls are beyond overrated. I'll give you that they play their hearts out, total team effort. They have a great coach and one of the top point guards in the league but they haven't added anything to this year's team that will get them past Miami. Miami takes it to another gear in the playoffs unlike the Bulls who are already using that second gear right now.

Nothing will change my Finals prediction: Heat vs Thunder. Bulls adding Rip Hamilton isn't going to make a difference in the ECF series

Cant say i disagree

Rndy
04-06-2012, 01:40 PM
are we going by stats??

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/allenra02/gamelog/2011/

allen 26/55 fg for 47.2% --- 15/30 3pt for 50%

LOCKED DOWN!!!!

lol! stats only matter when he wants them to. I'm convinced he's a teenager that has been watching Basketball in 06 in the playoffs and then again when Miami got the big three.

Cubby
04-06-2012, 01:42 PM
Yeah, averaging 20 PPG in the playoffs over the course of his career obviously makes Rip a complete non factor.

Rndy
04-06-2012, 01:45 PM
Yeah, averaging 20 PPG in the playoffs over the course of his career obviously makes Rip a complete non factor.

He talks like he's scared his opinion means jack **** the teams have to play. Him down playing every thing about the Bulls just makes him a worse poster then he already is.

I'm sorry anyone who is a big enough loser to sit in a bulls forum while being a fan of a different team during an entire game of a regular season game obviously shows some fear.

dtmagnet
04-06-2012, 01:45 PM
Joakim Noah prevents me from liking the Bulls.

Rndy
04-06-2012, 01:48 PM
Miami beat a Bulls team that had a injured front court it could have been a much different series. Anyone who thinks Miami is a better rebounding team then a healthy Bulls is just lying to them selves. Miami could beat Chicago or they could lose. There is no point in down grading every thing about the Bulls unless you're just scared.

Raps08-09 Champ
04-06-2012, 02:03 PM
I don't like the Bulls but I'm definitely a fan of basketball.

justinnum1
04-06-2012, 02:14 PM
Miami beat a Bulls team that had a injured front court it could have been a much different series. Anyone who thinks Miami is a better rebounding team then a healthy Bulls is just lying to them selves. Miami could beat Chicago or they could lose. There is no point in down grading every thing about the Bulls unless you're just scared.

And miami had a 60% haslem, miller with no thumbs and our starting pg was bibby. Whats you point? You think miami was at full stregnth last year?:rolleyes:

ECF cant come soon enough.

Cubby
04-06-2012, 02:15 PM
People don't at all understand what Chuck is saying. He is stating that if you don't like the way Chicago plays, then you don't like real basketball. At least that how I read. We all know Chuck says things oddly.

Cubby
04-06-2012, 02:15 PM
Yeah, I'm sure Chalmers and Cole are going to make much more of a difference.

justinnum1
04-06-2012, 02:17 PM
Yeah, I'm sure Chalmers and Cole are going to make much more of a difference.

lol, cole wont even see any minutes in the playoffs, and yea, chalmers is a definite upgrade over bibby. Guess you missed that bibby had the worst playoff performance ever with a per of 3 in the playoffs.

And yea, everyone has to admire how hard the bulls play every night. they give it everything they have, very admirable.

Cubby
04-06-2012, 02:17 PM
Joakim Noah prevents me from liking the Bulls.

Like and respect are two different things. I couldn't care less that you don't like us, but if you don't respect us, that's your loss. If you don't respect your opponent, then they'll often surprise you.

Cubby
04-06-2012, 02:19 PM
lol, cole wont even see any minutes in the playoffs, and yea, chalmers is a definite upgrade over bibby. Guess you missed that bibby had the worst playoff performance ever with a per of 3 in the playoffs.

And yea, everyone has to admire how hard the bulls play every night. they give it everything they have, very admirable.

Nope, I just see Chalmers shooting like **** lately right before the playoffs. And he's not going to stop Rose. So my question is: what is his use exactly if he shoots like this?

Cubby
04-06-2012, 02:20 PM
And your backups were hurt. Congrats. Three of our starters were playing hurt (three of our most important IMO). Our advantage over the Heat was greatly reduced.

Pierzynski4Prez
04-06-2012, 02:25 PM
I must've missed it when Mario Chalmers was NOT on the Heat last year. Apparently he's some new addition that is bigger than anything the Bulls added.

Pierzynski4Prez
04-06-2012, 02:26 PM
And your backups were hurt. Congrats. Three of our starters were playing hurt (three of our most important IMO). Our advantage over the Heat was greatly reduced.

Not having Blogans out on the court is an improvement right there.

justinnum1
04-06-2012, 02:26 PM
I must've missed it when Mario Chalmers was NOT on the Heat last year. Apparently he's some new addition that is bigger than anything the Bulls added.

Moar addition by subtraction...

Pierzynski4Prez
04-06-2012, 02:27 PM
Moar addition by subtraction...

OK, see my note about Bogans. Adding Rip over Bogans is much more of an upgrade than just Chalmers seeing 6 minutes more per game.

justinnum1
04-06-2012, 02:28 PM
OK, see my note about Bogans. Adding Rip over Bogans is much more of an upgrade than just Chalmers seeing 6 minutes more per game.

if rip can make a jump shot then i agree he will be an upgrade over bogans, and bogans defnese on wade was pretty imprssive, i dont think rip will be able to defned wade as well

Pierzynski4Prez
04-06-2012, 02:29 PM
Just want to make sure we are clear on how the Heat got better according to Justin.

Haslem will not be 60% (Justin's own estimation of where Haslem was, and assuming Haslem will be 100% this year)

Chalmers will play 28 minutes a game instead of 22

Edit: And Mike Miller now has thumbs

justinnum1
04-06-2012, 02:30 PM
Just want to make sure we are clear on how the Heat got better according to Justin.

Haslem will not be 60% (Justin's own estimation of where Haslem was), and assuming Haslem will be 100% this year)

Those are 2 main reasons the heat will be better this year. Add in lebrons post game, shane battier, and that was haslem who said he was 60% and coming back as soon as he did set him back months rehabbing.

both teams are improved. But Chicago has to show they can beat miami in a 7 game series, until they do i will doubt there ability to.

gotoHcarolina52
04-06-2012, 02:30 PM
I definitely like the Bulls' style of play, but I don't like their chances against Miami in a seven-game series.

haggis
04-06-2012, 02:31 PM

Haslem will not be 60% (Justin's own estimation of where Haslem was, and assuming Haslem will be 100% this year)

Edit: And Mike Miller now has thumbs

You're forgetting the Bulls losing 18 minutes a game of stellar defense from Keith Bogans.

Cubby
04-06-2012, 02:31 PM
I don't care how good Bogans was defensively, Rip is at least close in that regard and the gap closes when Wade is exhausted after chasing Rip around all game. He will be just as good IMO and offensively it isn't even close.

kingbrentg
04-06-2012, 02:32 PM
I don't care how good Bogans was defensively, Rip is at least close in that regard and the gap closes when Wade is exhausted after chasing Rip around all game. He will be just as good IMO and offensively it isn't even close.

And Rip played some fantastic defense on Pierce last night.

Cubby
04-06-2012, 02:33 PM
Are you sure he wasn't like 58.32% during that series? That seems like a more exact number. And yet he has still played terrible all year long.

justinnum1
04-06-2012, 02:33 PM

Cool, thats your opinion. I would disagree.

Cubby
04-06-2012, 02:34 PM
And Rip played some fantastic defense on Pierce last night.

Exactly. It is very close between him and Bogans defensively IMO.

Cubby
04-06-2012, 02:35 PM
Cool, thats your opinion. I would disagree.

No that's just facts. Every time he guards a good wing (like Wade, Allen or Pierce) he plays fantastic defensively. Allen only started to score when we started to put Brewer and Korver on him.

gotoHcarolina52
04-06-2012, 02:38 PM
It must be exhausting trying to convince the world of something that is not true.

Getting UGGLA
04-06-2012, 02:39 PM
I think Barkley was dropped on his head too many times as a baby. He's just really stupid + his head is warped (size)

justinnum1
04-06-2012, 02:39 PM
You're forgetting the Bulls losing 18 minutes a game of stellar defense from Keith Bogans.

He was a major reason wade has 18pts a game and 40% shooting, so yea bogans D was very impressive. Also shows wade doesnt need to play well miami to win.

Also, for cubby,
Bibby had 30 playes minutes in the series (120 to 90) over chalmers
and shot 28%, 26% from 3
Chalmers shot 62% and 57% from 3.

So yea, giving chalmers more minutes and not having to deal with the piece if trash bibby was will help this year.

Cubby
04-06-2012, 02:41 PM
This is wasting my time. You're completely ignoring everything I'm saying just to get you own point across. I'm out.

justinnum1
04-06-2012, 02:45 PM
This is wasting my time. You're completely ignoring everything I'm saying just to get you own point across. I'm out.

I hear you, i just disagree and your not showing me any facts. Later.

BcEuAbRsS
04-06-2012, 02:51 PM
I'm actually gonna laugh if the Bulls and Heat get bounced in the 2nd round... PSD will explode!

justinnum1
04-06-2012, 02:54 PM
I'm actually gonna laugh if the Bulls and Heat get bounced in the 2nd round... PSD will explode!

lol, true that

faridk89
04-06-2012, 03:08 PM
lovveee the bulls :)

Lidz
04-06-2012, 03:34 PM
I respect the Bulls just as much as any other basketball fan. But reading through this thread, I never get why Bulls fans get so offensive when HEAT fans say "You have to prove you can get by Miami." They always claim "the Bulls have gotten so much better than last year." But LeBron James is playing the BEST ball of his career but yet you guys still say "Well it's nothing until he proves he can win in the Finals."

mdm692
04-06-2012, 03:45 PM
I respect the Bulls just as much as any other basketball fan. But reading through this thread, I never get why Bulls fans get so offensive when HEAT fans say "You have to prove you can get by Miami." They always claim "the Bulls have gotten so much better than last year." But LeBron James is playing the BEST ball of his career but yet you guys still say "Well it's nothing until he proves he can win in the Finals."

this. But same can be said for miami fans. Yes the heat are the defending eastern conference champs but i dont think the east has been this close talent wise in a long time. Any team can beat the heat any time. Just like the heat can steamroll through any team any time. The playoffs should be fun this year. I really hope we get a chi vs 76ers and mia vs nyk in the first round

kdspurman
04-06-2012, 03:47 PM

Cause what you just said, had nothing to do with this thread lol. The thread was about Barkley liking how the bulls play basketball as a team, and saying if you don't like them (not individually but how they play as a unit) then you don't like basketball.

Then all these Heat guys started coming out and bringing that non-sense up. Who cares about Miami, no one was even thinking about them in this thread. It's like they get jealous when the attention isn't on them.

It was about just appreciating how they play as a unit.

ManRam
04-06-2012, 03:50 PM
I don't like them...

But I'm so envious over how they play basketball. Such a great team. They play the way it should be...

Love them or hate them, it's hard not to appreciate how they play. It's great.

Rndy
04-06-2012, 03:51 PM
Cause what you just said, had nothing to do with this thread lol. The thread was about Barkley liking how the bulls play basketball as a team, and saying if you don't like them (not individually but how they play as a unit) then you don't like basketball.

Then all these Heat guys started coming out and bringing that non-sense up. Who cares about Miami, no one was even thinking about them in this thread. It's like they get jealous when the attention isn't on them.

My problem exactly Miami is a great team. It's just there fans are the worst in sports. Not only did they not exist before the big 3. But when ever you talk about a team they some how start talking about the Heat.

14th in attendance before Lebron and Bosh fact terrible fan base.

Marlins could win another world series and have to trade all there good players again because there fan base sucks.

I'd talk about Dolphins but I actually feel for Miami when it comes to them because Miami does enjoy there football. But I think Miami should trade Jake Long to the Bears for 2 7th rounders!

Lidz
04-06-2012, 03:56 PM

Correction. What I said has nothing to do with what this thread was SUPPOSED to be about, but the first 5-7 pages of this thread are HEAT fans & Bulls fans going back and forth about who's going to win the ECF.

chicago lulz
04-06-2012, 03:57 PM
So Bulls fans are saying the same thing as Heat fans.
Heat fans: "Bulls have to prove they can beat Miami"
Bulls fans: "Lebron has to prove he can show up in the finals"

To use your argument: The Bulls are playing, as a whole, their best ball of their career, yet Heat fans still say "You have to prove you can get by Miami".

Neither fan base wants to compromise and are more willing to argue over extreme statements. It isn't strictly Bulls fans, and I don't see how their replies show they are offended. They just don't agree with what justinumm is saying.

Simply put, either team can win any night, and nothing is a sure thing. You can't base reasoning off of last year, because this is a new season, and both teams have improved in some way.

If the Heat/Bulls meet in the ECF it will be under different circumstances than last year. So nothing is a sure thing.

ManRam
04-06-2012, 03:57 PM
My problem exactly Miami is a great team. It's just there fans are the worst in sports. Not only did they not exist before the big 3. But when ever you talk about a team they some how start talking about the Heat.

14th in attendance before Lebron and Bosh fact terrible fan base.

Marlins could win another world series and have to trade all there good players again because there fan base sucks.

I'd talk about Dolphins but I actually feel for Miami when it comes to them because Miami does enjoy there football.

A) Your hate for them probably has to do with how good they are too. You can blame the fans for your hate all you want...but if they weren't good/your biggest competition, you wouldn't care.

The Bulls have had some iffy attendance years too...so let's not act like it's only the Miami fans that don't sell out every game when their team stinks.

Watch how you phrase things here...you're really close to purely baiting and insulting.

Lidz
04-06-2012, 03:59 PM
I don't like them...

But I'm so envious over how they play basketball. Such a great team. They play the way it should be...

Love them or hate them, it's hard not to appreciate how they play. It's great.

I don't really care for them either but my respect for them is sky high. They're literally artists on defense. It's crazy to watch.

Rndy
04-06-2012, 03:59 PM
A) Your hate for them probably has to do with how good they are too. You can blame the fans for your hate all you want...but if they weren't good/your biggest competition, you wouldn't care.

The Bulls have had some iffy attendance years too...so let's not act like it's only the Miami fans that don't sell out every game when their team stinks.

Watch how you phrase things here...you're really close to purely baiting and insulting.

Which attendance years are you referring to? You might want to check that out.

Rndy
04-06-2012, 04:02 PM
close to 20k a year since 94? is that iffy?

Lidz
04-06-2012, 04:02 PM
So Bulls fans are saying the same thing as Heat fans.
Heat fans: "Bulls have to prove they can beat Miami"
Bulls fans: "Lebron has to prove he can show up in the finals"

To use your argument: The Bulls are playing, as a whole, their best ball of their career, yet Heat fans still say "You have to prove you can get by Miami".

Neither fan base wants to compromise and are more willing to argue over extreme statements. It isn't strictly Bulls fans, and I don't see how their replies show they are offended. They just don't agree with what justinumm is saying.

Simply put, either team can win any night, and nothing is a sure thing. You can't base reasoning off of last year, because this is a new season, and both teams have improved in some way.

If the Heat/Bulls meet in the ECF it will be under different circumstances than last year. So nothing is a sure thing.

I agree and it's stupid. As a HEAT fan, I agree when people say "LeBron has to do this in the Finals", just like I say "the Bulls have to show they can get past Miami in a 7 game series." I wasn't only trying to bully any Bulls fans, it was just in this thread what I read, Bulls fans were the ones getting offensive when HEAT fans were saying "you have to show you can get past us."

I agree though. I don't think either fan base should get upset when either of those arguments are used, because they both are true.

jp611
04-06-2012, 04:04 PM
Lol @ Justin in this thread :laugh:

Shmontaine
04-06-2012, 04:05 PM
I hear you, i just disagree and your not showing me any facts. Later.

try doing the same...

you claim that bogans at 17 min a game was the reason wade (40 min. per game) shot so poorly that series...

you overrate bogans d simply because he's no longer on the bulls, in order to give some perception of decreased efficiency for the bulls... when all FACTS point to the contrary...

Bulls efficiency change from 2010/2011 - 2011/2012 (offensive change + defensive change) = 0.7 efficiency difference

Heat efficiency change from 2010/2011 - 2011/2012 (offensive change + defensive change) = -.1 efficiency difference

jp611
04-06-2012, 04:06 PM
And the Bulls have never had "iffy" attendance numbers

D1JM
04-06-2012, 04:07 PM

Bulls stunk early 2000's and they were still filling up the seats

ManRam
04-06-2012, 04:10 PM
Which attendance years are you referring to? You might want to check that out.

2002: 87.2% home attendance...bottom half of the league
2003: 90.4% home attendance...bottom half of the league
2004: 90.9 % home attendance...middle of the pack
2005: 93.1% home attendance...middle of the pack, close to top 10 (Heat lead the league)
2006: 97.6% home attendance...just made the top 10 (heat #2)
2007: 102.5% home attendance...#1 in the league (heat #3)
2008: 101.3% home attendance...#1 again (heat top 10)
2009: 97.6% home attendance...10th in the league (Heat fall to 93%, 18th)

We know recent years.

So early on...both were really doing poorly. The Bulls slightly better than the Heat. The Heat take the lead, then the Bulls steal it back...

But yeah...the Bulls tend to do better, but don't act like they poor in to the stadium no matter what...because no team's fans really do. Also, don't act like the Heat are the only team in the league that doesn't have their fans showing up when their team is awful.

Also, we're comparing the third biggest city in the United States (Chicago) to the 44th largest (Miami). There's a good 2.2 million more people that live in the Chicago metro area than the Miami metro area.

Shmontaine
04-06-2012, 04:16 PM
2005: 93.1% home attendance...middle of the pack, close to top 10 (Heat lead the league)

We know recent years.

So early on...both were really doing poorly. The Bulls slightly better than the Heat. The Heat take the lead, then the Bulls steal it back...

But yeah...the Bulls tend to do better, but don't act like they poor in to the stadium no matter what...because no team's fans really do. Also, don't act like the Heat are the only team in the league that doesn't have their fans showing up when their team is awful.

Also, we're comparing the third biggest city in the United States (Chicago) to the 44th largest (Miami). There's a good 2.2 million more people that live in the Chicago metro area than the Miami metro area.

those aren't raw numbers... the bulls have the largest capacity stadium (at least top 3) in the league...

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/bullstopnbaattendance_091028.html

Bulls top NBA in attendance over the past decade

October 28, 2009— According to a Street & Smith's Sports Business Daily article, the Chicago Bulls have led the league in attendance over the past decade. The Daily reported that in the 10 years following the departure of Michael Jordan, the team ranked first with an average attendance of 20,891 fans per game.

"This is a tremendous tribute to Bulls fans and a testament to their passion for the Chicago Bulls," said Steve Schanwald, who has served as Executive Vice President of Business Operations for the Chicago Bulls for the past 23 seasons. "We appreciate their great and unwavering support through thick and thin. We have always said that we have the greatest fans in the NBA and this proves it."

The NBA average over the past decade was 16,437 fans per game.

chicago lulz
04-06-2012, 04:17 PM

"Iffy" attendance means?
General attendance throughout the years: http://www.databasebasketball.com/teams/teamatt.htm?tm=chi&lg=n
Average attendance over the past decade (Note: Article dated 2009): http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/bullstopnbaattendance_091028.html
Comparing year by year: http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance

As of recent, the worst year attendance wise, for the Bulls was 2002, where they still were top 10 in attendance that year.

But whatever. Who cares if the Heat don't sell out games. Doesn't effect the fact they're still a top team in the NBA.

I agree and it's stupid. As a HEAT fan, I agree when people say "LeBron has to do this in the Finals", just like I say "the Bulls have to show they can get past Miami in a 7 game series." I wasn't only trying to bully any Bulls fans, it was just in this thread what I read, Bulls fans were the ones getting offensive when HEAT fans were saying "you have to show you can get past us."

I agree though. I don't think either fan base should get upset when either of those arguments are used, because they both are true.
Unfortunately only a few agree with your last statement. There are few solid posters/fans from each side, that post in the NBA forum. Thus, arguments from both fan bases are rarely constructive.

Pierzynski4Prez
04-06-2012, 04:23 PM

We know recent years.

Thats lower than I thought it was during early 2000s. Well, 2002 we had the worst record in league-13th in attendance, and 2004 the 2nd worst record while 11th in attendance.

ManRam
04-06-2012, 04:25 PM
Thats lower than I thought it was during early 2000s. Well, 2002 we had the worst record in league-13th in attendance, and 2004 the 2nd worst record while 11th in attendance.

I don't have an exact number for those early years, because a few teams didn't have percentages given. But they weren't lower than probably 17-18 any of those years.

There was a fall off, for sure. It's not a bad thing...like I said, every fan base does the same. It's not a sign of fair-weather fans or anything, it's just how it goes.

FreakaNashur
04-06-2012, 04:26 PM
how the hell does rose get a shot over lebron's tall ***? he can't. he has to drive

ManRam
04-06-2012, 04:26 PM
Also, not sure what attendance has anything to do with liking the Bulls as a team :laugh:

Oh well...

On the court, as a whole, there's not much to dislike about how the Bulls play basketball. Some of the individual pieces might bother people...but again, as a finished product, they're awesome. They never waver, they play hard all the time, they defend as well as any team ever could imagine and they all know and fill their roles perfectly. It's great.

Ezio
04-06-2012, 04:56 PM
how the hell does rose get a shot over lebron's tall ***? he can't. he has to drive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chwpcK1Rom8

Cubby
04-06-2012, 05:00 PM
Really just so hard to comprehend how Rose can beat LeBron. :rolleyes:

Blitzbolt
04-06-2012, 05:09 PM
I like the Bulls but I Hate Rose (I dislike his no fun/soft personality).

justinnum1
04-06-2012, 05:16 PM
I like the Bulls but I Hate Rose (I dislike his no fun/soft personality).

I like his competitive spirit but he does need to lighten up a little

Cubby
04-06-2012, 05:28 PM
His personality is better than a bunch of stare downs after dunks douchebags.

justinnum1
04-06-2012, 05:30 PM
Damn you guys get sensitive when people say anything about rose. Its no secret that he is ver serious, almost to serious. And although the stare downs, specifically by blake and even lebron might come off as arrogant, they are just playing to the crowd and thats how they react. Dont see it being any different than noah doing his guns thing, or westbrick doing his guns thing.

The Flash
04-06-2012, 05:31 PM
His personality is better than a bunch of stare downs after dunks douchebags.

Well i;m sure Noah and Boozer do a lot of screaming for him when he scores

mdm692
04-06-2012, 05:32 PM
I like his competitive spirit but he does need to lighten up a little

he probably will once he wins a title

Ezekial
04-06-2012, 05:33 PM

January 2010 25k posts.

Don't say things like this to people.

I respect the bulls, but watching them without rose? WTF would I do that for?

They play hard, great fundamentals, but without rose they are incredibly boring.

But they still win.

DEPTH

Cubby
04-06-2012, 05:37 PM
Rose doesn't have to play to the crowd. Kobe doesn't play to the crowd. MJ didn't play to the crowd. They're all business. The dancing around and all the ******** aren't needed and only show me a ring isn't the only thing on their mind. Just sayin'.

justinnum1
04-06-2012, 05:37 PM
Depth is overrated in the playoffs.

Rose doesn't have to play to the crowd. Kobe doesn't play to the crowd. MJ didn't play to the crowd. They're all business. The dancing around and all the ******** aren't needed and only show me a ring isn't the only thing on their mind. Just sayin'.

im not disagreeing with this, but noah does some antics

Cubby
04-06-2012, 05:39 PM
Damn you guys get sensitive when people say anything about rose. Its no secret that he is ver serious, almost to serious. And although the stare downs, specifically by blake and even lebron might come off as arrogant, they are just playing to the crowd and thats how they react. Dont see it being any different than noah doing his guns thing, or westbrick doing his guns thing.

Noah is the only player on our team that shows emotion. Every team needs at least one emotional player, and his gunslinger thing isn't a play for the crowd. It's just him. Stare downs are for douchebags, and it's odd that the two people you named are people I hate for that exact reason.

Cubby
04-06-2012, 05:42 PM
Yeah Noah has his antics, but like I said. It's his emotion, it's not a play to the crowd. Every team needs someone like him. That's how it is.

Cubby
04-06-2012, 05:44 PM
Well i;m sure Noah and Boozer do a lot of screaming for him when he scores

They do. :laugh2:

It's funny when you hear it. It's just their reaction to something, especially Boozer. He yells at free throws too when they're about to bounce out.

Blitzbolt
04-06-2012, 05:50 PM
For example when I see Jonh Lucas playing I could tell he is having fun but Rose is so serious its a huge turn off for me.

CityofTreez
04-06-2012, 05:51 PM
I'm guessing Shaq said the same thing, but in the Lakers direction...

Ezio
04-06-2012, 06:08 PM
For example when I see Jonh Lucas playing I could tell he is having fun but Rose is so serious its a huge turn off for me.

That's cause he wants to win.

northsider
04-06-2012, 06:51 PM

LOL the limits people go anymore. I honestly have never watched Lucas and thought "Holy **** this guy knows to have fun, I mean just look at him dribbling down an entire shot clock and chuck up a 3 WOOO ****ING HOOO baby thats the **** I love to watch".

I am partially busting your balls but, if the way Rose plays turns you off then perhaps you are looking more for WWE then you are NBA. I heard they have a ton of fun over there.

dtmagnet
04-06-2012, 07:48 PM
Like and respect are two different things. I couldn't care less that you don't like us, but if you don't respect us, that's your loss. If you don't respect your opponent, then they'll often surprise you.

I respect that they play defense, a dying breed in this league but I don't really know why I should respect them. Plus I'm a Raptors fan its no surprise if the Bulls beat my team.

Cubby
04-06-2012, 08:21 PM
I respect that they play defense, a dying breed in this league but I don't really know why I should respect them. Plus I'm a Raptors fan its no surprise if the Bulls beat my team.

Fair enough.