PDA

View Full Version : Would Orlando trade for Bynum today? (In hindsight)

310Casper
04-05-2012, 11:35 PM
Bynum was already without a doubt the 2nd best center in the league before the deadline. Was also considered the best offensive center in the league. And yet, he is STILL improving on his game, all while being the 2nd/3rd option on the team. The kid continues to amaze the league game by game, talks of him now being "the best player on his own team" are beginning in the nba circles...

With Dwight contuing his antics, wanting the coach fired, not being happy. If David Stern got both LA and Orlando GM's together tonight and granted them one last 24 hour window to retry the dwight for bynum trade, beginning now, would Orlando agree to the trade?

shep33
04-05-2012, 11:37 PM
Bynum is my favorite Laker with his trolling, I would be truly sad to see him leave.

But seriously... I mean, it seems to make a lot of sense if you go into the strange mindset of each player.

Howard will be in a market he likes better, with a better supporting cast (outside of the worst bench in the league).

Bynum becomes the first option offensively, and gets his chance to be a franchise player.

Technically it makes sense, but as a Laker fan, I'm good with our troll.

Ty Fast
04-05-2012, 11:41 PM
they still could and there are still major questions about bynums health. only thing now is l.a traded those 2 1st rounders.

shep33
04-05-2012, 11:48 PM
they still could and there are still major questions about bynums health. only thing now is l.a traded those 2 1st rounders.

Really I don't blame them trading those two picks. After the deadline fiasco, I think teams thought it was NJ or Orlando so they didn't care.

Problem is, the Nets also traded away their lottery pick.

lakers4sho
04-05-2012, 11:50 PM
hell no

cap flexibility + building through the draft > glass knees + immaturity

ManRam
04-05-2012, 11:51 PM
IDK.

They still probably think they can fire anyone he wants and get him to stay long term...

Bin Laden
04-05-2012, 11:54 PM
Nah, Dwight is the franchise player, owner and GM

Business is booming

shep33
04-05-2012, 11:57 PM
I think the change in scenery might help both, but I highly doubt this happens. I have no clue what to make of this situation anymore.

DaLakerz Rulz
04-05-2012, 11:58 PM
Bynum is my favorite Laker with his trolling, I would be truly sad to see him leave.

But seriously... I mean, it seems to make a lot of sense if you go into the strange mindset of each player.

Howard will be in a market he likes better, with a better supporting cast (outside of the worst bench in the league).

Bynum becomes the first option offensively, and gets his chance to be a franchise player.

Technically it makes sense, but as a Laker fan, I'm good with our troll.

But the wizarding world of Harry potter is in Orlando! I think Bynum would be a better troll over there.

shep33
04-06-2012, 12:02 AM
But the wizarding world of Harry potter is in Orlando! I think Bynum would be a better troll over there.

Bynum is actually a nerd. Maybe he'd love it there lol. Check this out:

Growing up, Bynum cracked open telephones so he could examine the circuitry and put them back together. At seven he was in the chess club at his local Barnes & Noble. At 14 he was installing Microsoft Windows on broken laptops his mother found in her office. His favorite subject in school was physics. He only considered colleges where he could major in mechanical engineering. His plan after graduation was to land a job as a computer programmer. He can describe the difference between a quad-core and dual-core processor in such detail that it almost makes sense. “He cares deeply about the way things work,” says L.A. coach Phil Jackson. The Lakers knew Bynum would encounter setbacks, but while the typical teenager might shut down, his instinct was to keep tinkering. It’s how he is wired. “I want to master everything,” Bynum says. “I want to understand what the hell is going on.”

Even after signing his four-year, $57.4 million contract in 2008, Bynum still lives with his mom, Janet McCoy, who raised him alone in Plainsboro, N.J., because she believed the area’s acclaimed public school system would challenge his inquisitive mind. They are joined in the house in Westchester in West L.A. by seven computers, several of which Bynum assembled on his own, and are among the fastest Corbin has ever seen. “Drew could be an engineer,” says Corbin, who became a friend. “He built the George Jetson of computers.” Bynum also put together a remote control car that could reach 100 miles per hour, to the delight of kids in his neighborhood. He trained a Labrador, Max, and plans to breed them this summer. He leased a garage where he keeps most of his 12 cars and hopes to open an auto-body shop. He loves projects.

So maybe he's into fantasy stuff too.

Raph12
04-06-2012, 12:07 AM
Bynum is a troll as well, so if you get a commitment from both, they'd take Dwight 10 out of 10 times... With that being said, knowing they both expire in 2013, a straight trade may be on the radar for draft night.

Avenged
04-06-2012, 12:11 AM
Both are immature though, and Dwight is better, so if it came down to keeping one long term it would no doubtingly be Dwight.

Bynum is just trolling though. Dwight on the other hand is confused.. He wants to be GM and a player.

Mcdoh
04-06-2012, 12:18 AM
hope bynum stay just need to mature.. but i wont count out magic to try and trade for bynum again...

albertc86
04-06-2012, 12:20 AM
What they do the trade today in hindsight?:confused:

shep33
04-06-2012, 12:23 AM
I think Bynum is fine in LA. He's trolling, but he's not hurting his teammates or franchise really any way. Teammates seem to like the guy, they get off the bench to give him his props, and he says great things about his teammates.

It's just him trolling towards Mike Brown. Which I'm okay with for now lol. Just as long as it doesn't disrupt the players.

DaLakerz Rulz
04-06-2012, 12:28 AM
I think Bynum is fine in LA. He's trolling, but he's not hurting his teammates or franchise really any way. Teammates seem to like the guy, they get off the bench to give him his props, and he says great things about his teammates.

It's just him trolling towards Mike Brown. Which I'm okay with for now lol. Just as long as it doesn't disrupt the players.

I agree. I'm surprised the media didn't blow up the fact that he purposely ran out to the three point line to take another three. Then in the post game interview he said something like "Yea it was a good game. I got another 3 point shot in there too." ULTIMATE TROLL. :D

Teeboy1487
04-06-2012, 12:37 AM
I really don't know, but I think they would gamble on Dwight. I hope everything works out for them though. Just a terrible situation. I'm on the fence with Bynum but if he can just grow up, I'll be happy with him in LA.

shep33
04-06-2012, 12:39 AM
I agree. I'm surprised the media didn't blow up the fact that he purposely ran out to the three point line to take another three. Then in the post game interview he said something like "Yea it was a good game. I got another 3 point shot in there too." ULTIMATE TROLL. :D

Haha, oh man that was an ultimate troll move. Bynum is hilarious.

Mcdoh
04-06-2012, 12:51 AM

totally agree.. i was hoping it would go in.. :D

BKLYNpigeon
04-06-2012, 12:59 AM
orlando would have to throw in a 1st round pick now.