PDA

View Full Version : Are the Clippers epitome of what's wrong with the NBA?

Sactown
04-05-2012, 10:36 PM
This isn't to bash the franchise or the fans but seriously?

A) An owner who's more concerned with income than the talent on the court?
B) Blake Griffin who's babied by the league and is always on the receiving end of generous calls?
C) An abundance of star power that is more flash than substance?

I'm not trying to get into conspiracy theories here, but there can't even be a shadow of a doubt that officials turn a blind eye to his clear off arm shoves to get to the rim and is nasty glares after he throws it down. How is it fair that he can stare you down after a monsterous offensive foul/ throw down as your sitting on the ground begging for a call, While on the other hand if you were to throw it back in his face and waive your finger you'd be called for an immediate Tech.

The team is riddled with flop artists and poor attitude. I'm sorry, but this team is exactly what's wrong with the NBA.

lakers4sho
04-05-2012, 10:47 PM
amen

phoenix_bladen
04-05-2012, 10:48 PM
Then don't watch

meloman1592
04-05-2012, 10:55 PM
Then don't watch

This

Sactown
04-05-2012, 10:55 PM
Was Jason Smiths foul on Griffin a individual frustration foul or a message to Griffin that he won't tolerate his show boating?
I've never seen so many officials turn a blind eye to a 2nd year player like this.

Sactown
04-05-2012, 10:57 PM
Then don't watch

How about you actually add to the conversation or just not post? :eyebrow:

shep33
04-05-2012, 11:00 PM
You know what's amazing? They have become one of the least likeable teams in the NBA.

Some of it is unwarranted though.

ManRam
04-05-2012, 11:01 PM
I don't know if they're exhibit A of "what's wrong with the NBA"...but damn...they are so unlikable. Blake is a problem...I "hate" him as much as pretty much any player I've ever "hated".

Thought they'd be a lot more fun than they are...but yeah...a lot of flaws.

Blake is babied immensely...oh well. Good for him. I wish Howard would embellish, flop, flail, whine, scream, cry, pout etc. as much as Blake sometimes...he'd get so many more calls, and maybe draw his first ever flagrant.

justinnum1
04-05-2012, 11:05 PM
clippers need to be waiting by the phone and get SVG the second he leaves the magic

Sactown
04-05-2012, 11:05 PM
I don't actually have a problem with aggressive play, and nasty throw downs, but common, let it go both ways.... If Griffin is allowed to throw his elbow into you, then you should be allowed to do the same when he comes flying at you.

LongIslandIcedZ
04-05-2012, 11:07 PM
They flop a lot. Blake Griffin is becoming a very hate-able athlete right now.

OutOfTHEBLUE
04-05-2012, 11:08 PM
I'm sure people will write me off since I'm a Lakers fan, but IMHO the Clippers do represent a lot of what I dislike in the NBA. It's just a bunch of false bravado and immaturity, and the players do appear to care more about style points than the actual scoreboard.

Don't get me wrong--the Clippers have a boatload of talent and they can be extremely exciting to watch. It's just that they act like every flashy dunk has earned them a banner to hang in the rafters. It's a whole lotta style over substance.

As a Lakers fan I care more about my team winning playoff games, building statues of all-time greats outside the arena, and adding more banners to the rafters.

With all of that said, I guarantee you that at some point these opposing teams will start getting retribution for all of these antics. It's not something that I want to happen, mind you, but it is an eventuality.

Baller1
04-05-2012, 11:12 PM
Blake Griffin is a douche. Major douche.

Sactown
04-05-2012, 11:13 PM
I'm sure people will write me off since I'm a Lakers fan, but IMHO the Clippers do represent a lot of what I dislike in the NBA. It's just a bunch of false bravado and immaturity, and the players do appear to care more about style points than the actual scoreboard.

Don't get me wrong--the Clippers have a boatload of talent and they can be extremely exciting to watch. It's just that they act like every flashy dunk has earned them a banner to hang in the rafters. It's a whole lotta style over substance.

As a Lakers fan I care more about my team winning playoff games, building statues of all-time greats outside the arena, and adding more banners to the rafters.

With all of that said, I guarantee you that at some point these opposing teams will start getting retribution for all of these antics. It's not something that I want to happen, mind you, but it is an eventuality.
I absolutely agree, and the officials are giving the players 3 options when Blake picks up steam,
A) Get out of the way and allow him to throw it down
B) Get posterized and pick up an unwarranted foul OR
C) Challenge the shot and watch Blake flop while you pick up a flagrant foul and a suspension.
I me seriously? I would love to hear the rational of the officials

Sactown
04-05-2012, 11:15 PM
Blake Griffin is a douche. Major douche.

It's not just him, CP3 acts tough and baits you into a minor bump as he flops like a *****.
Or Kenyon Martins/ Butlers thug like stare downs to officials and other players.

The whole team makes even the most casual fans clamp their fists and scream at the TV

PhillyFaninLA
04-05-2012, 11:16 PM

- Its a sport to us fans its a business to the owners, profitably is what matters to them so its not a fault for the owners its a choice.

B) Blake Griffin who's babied by the league and is always on the receiving end of generous calls?

- Blake is not as good as people make him out to be, he is a solid player that is a highlight reel.

- That don't have a ton of star power, see what I said in B but CP3 is a stud. The have names that people want to think are better then they are.

shep33
04-05-2012, 11:17 PM
They're still a dangerous team come playoff time. When they're hitting their jumpers, it's tough to beat them

Sactown
04-05-2012, 11:22 PM

- Its a sport to us fans its a business to the owners, profitably is what matters to them so its not a fault for the owners its a choice.

- Blake is not as good as people make him out to be, he is a solid player that is a highlight reel.

- That don't have a ton of star power, see what I said in B but CP3 is a stud. The have names that people want to think are better then they are.
Ask Mark Cuban what's more important, A championship, or an extra 15 mil in income..

Half of Blake Griffins highlights are easy offensive fouls

Blake Griffin is near hitting the "Derrick Rose Clause" and is due for a contract upgrade.. how is that not defined as a star? He's a 2 time all star... They have easily the best PG and a top 5 PF. along with a solid SF who was once a 2 time All Star and a great scorer. The team is a dark horse for contention in their first year together

Baller1
04-05-2012, 11:24 PM
It's not just him, CP3 acts tough and baits you into a minor bump as he flops like a *****.
Or Kenyon Martins/ Butlers thug like stare downs to officials and other players.

The whole team makes even the most casual fans clamp their fists and scream at the TV

Oh trust me, I get what you're saying.

Ask tredigs or hawkeye, I'm one of the biggest CP3 haters here. Can't stand him and all his flopping.

Baller1
04-05-2012, 11:26 PM
Ask Mark Cuban what's more important, A championship, or an extra 15 mil in income..

Blake Griffin is near hitting the "Derrick Rose Clause" and is due for a contract upgrade.. how is that not defined as a star? He's a 2 time all star... They have easily the best PG and a top 5 PF. along with a solid SF who was once a 2 time All Star and a great scorer. The team is a dark horse for contention in their first year together

Not to call you out or anything, but Cuban is a bad example. That dude is so rich that he can't even be used as an example.

Sactown
04-05-2012, 11:36 PM
Not to call you out or anything, but Cuban is a bad example. That dude is so rich that he can't even be used as an example.

Ask the Buss family, ask the Knicks owner, as the Heats owner, ask about any team over the cap lol... The only time it's acceptable to be far under the cap is when you're a bottom feeder or the majority of your team is under their rookie contract, yet the Clippers owner prefers to live under the cap.. it's not even arguable who's the worst owner in the NBA

PatsSoxKnicks
Oh trust me, I get what you're saying.

Ask tredigs or hawkeye, I'm one of the biggest CP3 haters here. Can't stand him and all his flopping.

Did you also have a problem with Manu (who if you remember was one of the biggest offenders of flopping)? To be honest, I don't get what the big deal with flopping is. Many players do it and it makes sense from a basketball stand point. If they want to eliminate flopping, they should alter the rules on taking a charge, or eliminate the charge all together because most players are basically flopping when they take a charge. Do some players do it more then others? Of course, but in the end, they're just trying to help their team win. I think Paul flops more then others because he's tiny and he can't really play defense on players taller then him unless he flops. It's smart from a strategic stand point because most players could just shoot over him.

Blake's antics are a different story though. Staring at your opponent after you dunk doesn't really help the Clippers on the court. If anything, it hurts them because you aren't getting back on defense.

JCmasta

I'm not trying to get into conspiracy theories here, but there can't even be a shadow of a doubt that officials turn a blind eye to his clear off arm shoves to get to the rim and is nasty glares after he throws it down. How is it fair that he can stare you down after a monsterous offensive foul/ throw down as your sitting on the ground begging for a call, While on the other hand if you were to throw it back in his face and waive your finger you'd be called for an immediate Tech.

The team is riddled with flop artists and poor attitude. I'm sorry, but this team is exactly what's wrong with the NBA.

The clippers are entertaining and fun to watch. Teams like Sacramento and Toronto are what's wrong with the NBA today.

Sactown
04-05-2012, 11:40 PM
The clippers are entertaining and fun to watch. Teams like Sacramento and Toronto are what's wrong with the NBA today.

Please enlighten me...

Sactown
04-05-2012, 11:42 PM
Did you also have a problem with Manu (who if you remember was one of the biggest offenders of flopping)? To be honest, I don't get what the big deal with flopping is. Many players do it and it makes sense from a basketball stand point. If they want to eliminate flopping, they should alter the rules on taking a charge, or eliminate the charge all together because most players are basically flopping when they take a charge. Do some players do it more then others? Of course, but in the end, they're just trying to help their team win. I think Paul flops more then others because he's tiny and he can't really play defense on players taller then him unless he flops. It's smart from a strategic stand point because most players could just shoot over him.

Blake's antics are a different story though. Staring at your opponent after you dunk doesn't really help the Clippers on the court. If anything, it hurts them because you aren't getting back on defense.
Manu isn't attempting to fight everyone on the court.. He flops has no reaction and heads the other way.. Chris Paul *****es and picks fights with other players.. that's the difference. it's not just the flopping it's the attitude he brings along with it

PatsSoxKnicks
04-05-2012, 11:45 PM
Manu isn't attempting to fight everyone on the court.. He flops has no reaction and heads the other way.. Chris Paul *****es and picks fights with other players.. that's the difference. it's not just the flopping it's the attitude he brings along with it

Ok, gotcha. I thought your issue was with his flopping, which I honestly don't see the big deal with (as I said with Manu) but if its with the other stuff he does afterward, yeah.

ewing
04-05-2012, 11:45 PM
your the epitome

haggis
04-05-2012, 11:46 PM

Agreed. For some reason, there is an art to what Manu does. He picks and chooses his spots, usually at the right time too.

Paul's been a little pest for years. This is nothing new.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F3tptzEWmM

SpaceJamJordans
04-05-2012, 11:46 PM

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

nobodys crying about your damn kings

Bin Laden
04-05-2012, 11:47 PM
How is it not an offensive foul whenever he "dunks" on people he stiff arms their face in the act?

PatsSoxKnicks
04-05-2012, 11:50 PM
Agreed. For some reason, there is an art to what Manu does. He picks and chooses his spots, usually at the right time too.

That's something KG would do, which might be a decent comparison. You love it if the guys on your team (I'm pretty sure TWolves fans defended KG when he was there and now Celts fans defend him) but if he's on the opponent, you hate it.

Method28
04-05-2012, 11:51 PM
I don't actually have a problem with aggressive play, and nasty throw downs, but common, let it go both ways.... If Griffin is allowed to throw his elbow into you, then you should be allowed to do the same when he comes flying at you.

Let me ask you this Sactown....im not being a smart*** either. Do you watch Clipper games?

Griffin constantly gets slammed and battered in the face and it is not called. It does go both ways.

Sactown
04-05-2012, 11:52 PM
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

nobodys crying about your damn kings

You've added so much to the conversation, please tell me more :rolleyes:

Kevj77
04-05-2012, 11:53 PM
Ask the Buss family, ask the Knicks owner, as the Heats owner, ask about any team over the cap lol... The only time it's acceptable to be far under the cap is when you're a bottom feeder or the majority of your team is under their rookie contract, yet the Clippers owner prefers to live under the cap.. it's not even arguable who's the worst owner in the NBASterling is a terrible human and cheap. Anyone remember when he refused to pay for a procedure not covered by their insurance for Kim Hughes one of his assistant coaches? Several Clippers players including Magette, Brand, Jaric and Kaman paid for the surgery that saved his life. Dr. Buss would have paid for it, the team paid for Turiaf to have heart surgery without even having signed him to a contract as a 2nd round pick.

Sterling is a bad owner and a worse person.

Baller1
04-05-2012, 11:55 PM

Manu is more of an "annoyance" in my opinion. CP3 is just a whiny *****.

That's the difference in my mind to put it frankly, haha.

Sactown
04-05-2012, 11:55 PM
Let me ask you this Sactown....im not being a smart*** either. Do you watch Clipper games?

Griffin constantly gets slammed and battered in the face and it is not called. It does go both ways.

I've watched plenty of Clippers games, and the majority of contact made is by Griffin lowering his shoulder.

Method28
04-05-2012, 11:57 PM

for some reason? that's just your personal bias.

Say what you want about CP3 but he's better than your favorite teams pg and that must upset you for some reason.

SpaceJamJordans
04-05-2012, 11:58 PM
You've added so much to the conversation, please tell me more :rolleyes:

Go talk about how immature Boogie is :rolleyes:

Sactown
04-06-2012, 12:00 AM

Say what you want about CP3 but he's better than your favorite teams pg and that must upset you for some reason.

Chris Paul is the best PG in the NBA and in my mind a top 3 player in the league when healthy. Starting a franchise I'd only take Lebron and Dwight ahead of him, but with that said his Aggressive attitude then turning around to flop is frustrating and shouldn't be tolerated by officials.

haggis
04-06-2012, 12:00 AM

Clearly.

Have fun with those knees.

Sactown
04-06-2012, 12:01 AM
Go talk about how immature Boogie is :rolleyes:

Enlighten me on his immaturity this season please.

JasonJohnHorn
04-06-2012, 12:01 AM
What's wrong with the Clippers? Most owners have the same approach. They don't care if the have a losing season if they are making money. Its business. For a market like Detroit, you have to win to sell tickets, for a team like NY, LA... whatever you put on the court is going to make money.

As for Blake, there are a lot of stars that get calls... i don't see him as being babied any more than James or Dwight.

More flash than substance? Yeah, they just traded all their depth to land CP3, so they are thin on the bench, and will be for another year or two. But they are headed in the right direction.

Look at Charlotte, then you will see what's wrong with the NBA.

SpaceJamJordans
04-06-2012, 12:02 AM
Enlighten me on his immaturity this season please.

What is your point of this thread exactly?

Method28
04-06-2012, 12:03 AM
I've watched plenty of Clippers games, and the majority of contact made is by Griffin lowering his shoulder.

And you dont happen to see Griffin getting bashed in the face with no call?

Any time a player attacks the rim the way he does, he's gonna get hit plenty of times. Just like Shaq would get hacked and most of the time they wouldnt call it. If they did, there would be fts everytime he touched the ball.

Griffin gets calls...he does. But so does LeBron and every other star player.

Method28
04-06-2012, 12:05 AM
Clearly.

Have fun with those knees.

Will do. Have fun with DRose missing half seasons.

Method28
04-06-2012, 12:06 AM
What is your point of this thread exactly?

Sac is playing the Clips tonight....he probably got mad at some call and is bashing LAC.

Sactown
04-06-2012, 12:06 AM
What's wrong with the Clippers? Most owners have the same approach. They don't care if the have a losing season if they are making money. Its business. For a market like Detroit, you have to win to sell tickets, for a team like NY, LA... whatever you put on the court is going to make money.

As for Blake, there are a lot of stars that get calls... i don't see him as being babied any more than James or Dwight.

More flash than substance? Yeah, they just traded all their depth to land CP3, so they are thin on the bench, and will be for another year or two. But they are headed in the right direction.

Look at Charlotte, then you will see what's wrong with the NBA.
Please explain why a LA market has such a hard time succeeding in the playoffs ... in 35 years the Clippers playoff record is 11-15 with 3 first round exits. and 1 2nd round exit.

Bin Laden
04-06-2012, 12:07 AM
And you dont happen to see Griffin getting bashed in the face with no call?

Any time a player attacks the rim the way he does, he's gonna get hit plenty of times. Just like Shaq would get hacked and most of the time they wouldnt call it. If they did, there would be fts everytime he touched the ball.

Griffin gets calls...he does. But so does LeBron and every other star player.

But do other players stiff arm people in the face whenever attempting a dunk like Griffin does?

Knicks21
04-06-2012, 12:07 AM
I agree but generally the owners goal is to make a profit, you make profit by winning games which translates to the talent on court.

SpaceJamJordans
04-06-2012, 12:08 AM
Please explain why a LA market has such a hard time succeeding in the playoffs ... in 35 years the Clippers playoff record is 11-15 with 3 first round exits. and 1 2nd round exit.

It's just the way it is. Who cares? Worry about your own team

SpaceJamJordans
04-06-2012, 12:10 AM
Sac is playing the Clips tonight....he probably got mad at some call and is bashing LAC.

most likely. i've been a clipper fan since 2004 and this hate is getting ridiculous

Sactown
04-06-2012, 12:10 AM

We're winning and Jason Thompson is outplaying Blake.. so no.. it was actually because I just watched the Lakers Clippers game from last night because I DVR'd it because I had to work at 5 in the morning.

Sactown
04-06-2012, 12:11 AM
most likely. i've been a clipper fan since 2004 and this hate is getting ridiculous

Actually on the contrary, the lack of publicity on this issue is ridiculous and above that absolutely mind blowing.

SpaceJamJordans
04-06-2012, 12:14 AM
Actually on the contrary, the lack of publicity on this issue is ridiculous and above that absolutely mind blowing.

I guess now it's become visible since he dunked on a Laker... which is liked by 1/4 of NBA fans

Sactown
04-06-2012, 12:16 AM
I guess now it's become visible since he dunked on a Laker... which is liked by 1/4 of NBA fans

I absolutely hate the Lakers, but that missed call is absolutely absurd...

Method28
04-06-2012, 12:16 AM
But do other players stiff arm people in the face whenever attempting a dunk like Griffin does?

So are you talking about the dunk on Gasol or are you claiming he stiff arms people every time? Just to be clear. Because if he were to literally stiff arm someone in the face and not get called...ever....that would be a travesty :rolleyes:

Sactown
04-06-2012, 12:20 AM
So are you talking about the dunk on Gasol or are you claiming he stiff arms people every time? Just to be clear. Because if he were to literally stiff arm someone in the face and not get called...ever....that would be a travesty :rolleyes:

We're not saying he just opens his arm ups and mows down players like a full back lol, but he does push players down, and off of him enough that it should be an automatic offensive foul every time.. I can't imagine not one player ever telling the officials to make note of it.

THINKBLUE15
04-06-2012, 12:29 AM
The Clippers are annoying. But that's just my opinion. I'm sure other people don't mind the antics.

HoodedSB
04-06-2012, 12:30 AM
You really think he doesn't get hammered every time he goes to the rim? If he was a better FT shooter I'd buy into this "flopper" rep he seems to have on here. He's got a better chance of grabbing a rebound of his own missed shot and bouncing back up to dunk it than he does of making either one of his foul shots.

Not as mindblowing as Dirks ninja leg kicks to separate himself from the defender on EVERY SHOT. Or kobe blatantly jumping forward into defenders (I know you're not a mavs/lakers fan, but just sayin').

Sactown
04-06-2012, 12:31 AM
I don't understand what's the argument against what I'm saying!? Are you saying that I'm wrong and him throwing elbows into players as he rises is okay along with the malicious stair downs? or are you saying that it's okay since it's Blake Griffin?

SpaceJamJordans
04-06-2012, 12:31 AM
The Clippers are annoying. But that's just my opinion. I'm sure other people don't mind the antics.

Lakers are annoying and their fans too. Last night somebody posted 'Pau Gasol should just retire' and a Laker noob started talking about how Kobe's the best closer in the league :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I can send you it too

Sactown
04-06-2012, 12:34 AM
Lakers are annoying and their fans too. Last night somebody posted 'Pau Gasol should just retire' and a Laker noob started talking about how Kobe's the best closer in the league :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I can send you it too

Kobe is the best shooter under 5 seconds left in the game in the last 3 years especially if you exclude 30+ footer desperation shots.
He's horrible between 24 seconds and 1 minute..

SpaceJamJordans
04-06-2012, 12:37 AM
Kobe is the best shooter under 5 seconds left in the game in the last 3 years especially if you exclude 30+ footer desperation shots.
He's horrible between 24 seconds and 1 minute..

no i know. i like kobe... but the fact that kobe doesn't have anything to do with the pau gasol being dunked on...

BKLYNpigeon
04-06-2012, 12:38 AM
who cares. at least they're fun to watch.

Sactown
04-06-2012, 12:40 AM
no i know. i like kobe... but the fact that kobe doesn't have anything to do with the pau gasol being dunked on...

Yeah I agree, how is Kobe's late game shooting have to do with Gasol and Griffin, IDK?

THINKBLUE15
04-06-2012, 12:41 AM

I can send you it too

That's great. But we are talking about what is going on on the court. Not dumb fans, which every fanbase has.

Can you relax with the facepalms? Facepalms and 'you mad?' are lazy, immature, and overused to say the least.

Bottom line is the Clippers rub a lot of people the wrong way. I am one of them. I don't like Griffin staring people down...on any team. I don't like the show boating every time they make a basket. Whatever. It annoys me, and others.

justinnum1
04-06-2012, 12:42 AM
clippers dont play as a team. just a bunch of individual talent imo. cp3 is a team guy but everyone else seems to just look for the own baskets

also there team defense is bad

Becks2307
04-06-2012, 12:46 AM
Then don't watch

Oh **** a "then don't watch" reference only true psders know about this lol

daWarriorz21
04-06-2012, 12:47 AM
Blake Griffin thinks he deserves respect all the time. Everytime he gets fouled he has that face like WTF or he mad doggs you. Clippers have been the most cockist team in the NBA

SpaceJamJordans
04-06-2012, 12:48 AM
Blake Griffin thinks he deserves respect all the time. Everytime he gets fouled he has that face like WTF or he mad doggs you. Clippers have been the most cockist team in the NBA

great insight

SpaceJamJordans
04-06-2012, 12:49 AM
That's great. But we are talking about what is going on on the court. Not dumb fans, which every fanbase has.

Can you relax with the facepalms? Facepalms and 'you mad?' are lazy, immature, and overused to say the least.

Bottom line is the Clippers rub a lot of people the wrong way. I am one of them. I don't like Griffin staring people down...on any team. I don't like the show boating every time they make a basket. Whatever. It annoys me, and others.

its just a reaction for his dunk. but i guess it is considered as cocky... but hey the JV team trying to show up the varsity team and its getting interesting imo. i think its finally time for them to play in the playoffs

Bin Laden
04-06-2012, 12:51 AM

He uses his arm to push off of people, in which he pushed Gasol's as well as Perkins face in dunking. He also used the aforementioned move on Mosgov

Becks2307
04-06-2012, 12:52 AM
Btw don't the clippers remind you of the mon stars?

THINKBLUE15
04-06-2012, 12:53 AM
A playoff matchup between the Clippers and Lakers would be unreal. Grudge match

Metta and Kenyon will need a parole officer

Sactown
its just a reaction for his dunk. but i guess it is considered as cocky... but hey the JV team trying to show up the varsity team and its getting interesting imo. i think its finally time for them to play in the playoffs
And honestly, if it were just that I'd be fine with it, but it's not.. Blake Griffin goes out every game not to just win, but to utterly humiliate the opponent, by throwing it down and then staring them down.. it's almost as if he's spitting on his opponent night in and night out, and it's not just disrespectful to the other players in the league, but it's so wrong when nobody is allowed to retaliate in the same fashion.

THINKBLUE15

They remind me of the Flint Tropics

Bin Laden
04-06-2012, 01:01 AM

Reminds me of a bunch of fake thugs I play against at LA Fitness

Meaze_Gibson
04-06-2012, 11:53 AM
Hate for Blake getting outrageous. He stood over him but so what. These guys were the laughingstock of the league and are now relevant. You never knoow how much trash talk is being exchanged in the game.

Also, Blake is an excellent rebounder, solid ball handler, and one of the top passing big men in the game. He is more than a dunker. The clippers are all good in my book/.

sep11ie
04-06-2012, 12:09 PM
Clippers are exactly what's wrong with the NBA.

spreadeagle
04-06-2012, 12:09 PM
this makes no sence at all lol...so ur not a clippers fan ok lol

Raydogg909
04-06-2012, 12:12 PM
Not gonna lie I like the clippers lol...

SpaceJamJordans
04-06-2012, 03:29 PM
Clippers are exactly what's wrong with the NBA.

:cry:

WSU Tony
04-06-2012, 04:56 PM
Griffin was drafted into L.A. ESPN hypes him because he's part of a large city franchise. BLake wins the dunk contest before he even wins the dunk contest. The last two years of success has gone to his head, no doubt about it. The NBA has shown you need to have a chip on your shoulder during practice to ensure success in the NBA. Right, Michael Beasley? I hope he finds that chip or he'll be a good but not great player for years to come. If he gets his head on right and takes things serious I do believe he could be a top 10 player.

2-ONE-5
04-06-2012, 08:41 PM
Griffin isnt the only player who gets away with fouls. Everytime I watch the Heat play I watch Bosh travel 5 times a game and never gets called, I have seen Wade and James push and shove guys all over the court and it never gets called. Same goes for Melo and many more

The Final Boss
04-06-2012, 09:03 PM

You know, like Oscar De La Hoya...

The Final Boss
04-06-2012, 09:04 PM
Griffin isnt the only player who gets away with fouls. Everytime I watch the Heat play I watch Bosh travel 5 times a game and never gets called, I have seen Wade and James push and shove guys all over the court and it never gets called. Same goes for Melo and many more

If James was called for his frequent travel violations he'd average 14 a game.

ManningToTyree
04-06-2012, 09:05 PM
Nah, I think its the Bobcats

ThunderousDemon
04-06-2012, 09:23 PM
Then don't watch

Don't watch what? The Clippers? Oh don't worry nobody does.

ThunderousDemon
04-06-2012, 09:24 PM
This

This is SPARTA!!!!!

ThunderousDemon
04-06-2012, 09:26 PM
You know what's amazing? They have become one of the least likeable teams in the NBA.

Some of it is unwarranted though.

Least likeable?If that's true then it's business as usual in clipper land.

P.S.(Whisper) Clipper land only exists in your head. :whistle:

Fly
04-06-2012, 09:26 PM
Ive hated all the hype the Clippers have been getting since last year's dunk contest. That dunk by Griffin where he went over a 2 foot car was ********, but everyone had to go ******* on it and call him the next vince carter and stuff like that. it's even worse now.

ThunderousDemon
04-06-2012, 09:30 PM

Wow, I have been waiting to use this emoticon. :punish:

ThunderousDemon
04-06-2012, 09:33 PM
Oh **** a "then don't watch" reference only true psders know about this lol

:clap: :nod: :laugh:

ThunderousDemon
04-06-2012, 09:34 PM
A playoff matchup between the Clippers and Lakers would be unreal. Grudge match

Metta and Kenyon will need a parole officer

My money is on World Peace

LASportsFan1996
04-06-2012, 09:35 PM
Clippers Are Abuncha Thug Fools. Hate Them.

DodgerDogg
04-06-2012, 10:10 PM
1. Haters are gonna HATE

2. I dont understand how L.A. fans can hate on the Clippers.... THEY REPRESENT OUR CITY! If it wasnt for them the first half of the season(Post ALL Star GAME) would of been boring for Angelinos.

3. He always dunks with one arm defending. Its been happening forever. Gasol had been dunked on once so he thought he could of blocked it since he was probably steamed at the 1st dunk. Did he not see the post highlights of "Griffin Posterizing" galleries. Dont get me wrong, Im a fan of everyteam that represents L.A. (if you can see downtown from your stadium you're from L.A.)
4. I like how the clippers are starting to spark conversation. It shows people are recognizing their threat. Please continue talking:D

DodgerDogg
04-06-2012, 10:17 PM
:cry: wow the tissue box is empty by now. Please bring another box out for this topic.... Any fan of LOS ANGELES sports should be excited for any oppertunity of a team to represent our beautiful city and keep us on the map. Most Laker fans hate Clippers cause they didn't get CP3. News flash, He is still representing L.A.

C_Mund
04-06-2012, 10:36 PM

Meh. It's nothing I haven't seen over the years. I mean did you ever watch Vlade flop? K-Mart has been doing that his whole career and has pretty much always been on successful teams..... I understand the frustration with the whole Blake situation but it's only the flavor of the week. Somebody else will get under fans' skin soon enough

lakers4sho
04-07-2012, 02:52 AM
:clap: :nod: :laugh:

it was started way before you were here :rolleyes:

lakers4sho
04-07-2012, 02:53 AM
1. Haters are gonna HATE

2. I dont understand how L.A. fans can hate on the Clippers.... THEY REPRESENT OUR CITY! If it wasnt for them the first half of the season(Post ALL Star GAME) would of been boring for Angelinos.

3. He always dunks with one arm defending. Its been happening forever. Gasol had been dunked on once so he thought he could of blocked it since he was probably steamed at the 1st dunk. Did he not see the post highlights of "Griffin Posterizing" galleries. Dont get me wrong, Im a fan of everyteam that represents L.A. (if you can see downtown from your stadium you're from L.A.)
4. I like how the clippers are starting to spark conversation. It shows people are recognizing their threat. Please continue talking:D

thanks for proving the OP's point

Chronz
04-07-2012, 03:10 AM
THEN . DONT . WATCH

k

Monta is beast
04-07-2012, 03:35 AM
I hate to agree with a Kings fan, but you couldn't be more right. Blake is the biggest ***** in the NBA. He'll sit their and stair someone down, but when Cousins blows wind in his eye he flops like he just got shot. CP3 is the same way. I hate everything about the Clippers. There just an annoying basketball team.

Monta is beast
04-07-2012, 03:36 AM
then . Dont . Watch

k

Then . Dont . Post

k

Punk
04-07-2012, 04:29 AM
:laugh2:

This is exactly why PSD is a joke and Internet fans are morons like Charles Barkley always says.

The Clippers have been a embarrassing franchise for the last 15 years. This is their best season and talented roster in 15 years. They are 4th in the West which is a franchise high in seeding.

After finally shedding the "joke" imagine, now they are hated for flopping when the "entire team" doesn't even flop? Blake Griffin can be annoying with the way he always begs for foul calls but the way his body and jumping ability is, he will always be getting excessive contact.

You laugh when they are bad, hate them and call them unlikable when they become good. Grow the **** up already, people.

Nobody here would be talking if Griffin and Paul were Kings, Warriors or on any other team.

Dirk flops, Wade flops, COUSINS FLOPS, Pierce flops, Manu flops. So, tell me how is that only Blake? There is more flopper and guys who get away with crap than Blake Griffin or Chris Paul in their entire career.

Hell, Dirk's fadeaway off one leg shot is supposed to be an offensive foul because he uses his knee to create space which is considered pushing off, yet it's acceptable.

Haters just gonna hate. The Clippers are great team now, don't be bitter over it. Instead of talking about the NBA, some fans need to look at themselves already.

Method28
04-07-2012, 04:50 AM

Weird how the Clippers have sold out the most road games in the NBA this season yet no one watches....Hmmmmm

Method28
04-07-2012, 04:52 AM

This is exactly why PSD is a joke and Internet fans are morons like Charles Barkley always says.

The Clippers have been a embarrassing franchise for the last 15 years. This is their best season and talented roster in 15 years. They are 4th in the West which is a franchise high in seeding.

After finally shedding the "joke" imagine, now they are hated for flopping when the "entire team" doesn't even flop? Blake Griffin can be annoying with the way he always begs for foul calls but the way his body and jumping ability is, he will always be getting excessive contact.

You laugh when they are bad, hate them and call them unlikable when they become good. Grow the **** up already, people.

Nobody here would be talking if Griffin and Paul were Kings, Warriors or on any other team.

Dirk flops, Wade flops, COUSINS FLOPS, Pierce flops, Manu flops. So, tell me how is that only Blake? There is more flopper and guys who get away with crap than Blake Griffin or Chris Paul in their entire career.

Hell, Dirk's fadeaway off one leg shot is supposed to be an offensive foul because he uses his knee to create space which is considered pushing off, yet it's acceptable.

Haters just gonna hate. The Clippers are great team now, don't be bitter over it. Instead of talking about the NBA, some fans need to look at themselves already.

:hi5:

:win:

LAOwnsAll15
04-07-2012, 04:59 AM

Common now.
You're so defensive its hilarious. Sure you are a good team, but you're in no shape a great team. Fans like humble winners, not teams that flop and cry, then thrash talk after every play.

Its a joke how they are hyping the Clippers. All of a sudden they have "fans". I knew some people who are Clips "fans" for years, and never once engaged in a basketball talk, all of a sudden they act started acting like they are pro nba analysts.

SD_Clippers
04-07-2012, 05:33 AM
Common now.
You're so defensive its hilarious. Sure you are a good team, but you're in no shape a great team. Fans like humble winners, not teams that flop and cry, then thrash talk after every play.

Its a joke how they are hyping the Clippers. All of a sudden they have "fans". I knew some people who are Clips "fans" for years, and never once engaged in a basketball talk, all of a sudden they act started acting like they are pro nba analysts.

You act like the Clippers are the only team that flops. And talking about trash talking, every team trash talks. What happened to Bynum today against the Rockets? But wait, it's the cool thing to hate on the Clippers.

And please don't judge a whole fanbase by some bandwagoners. Trust me, I've been a fan of the Clips for so long and it annoys me too. Every team has those "fans". Don't even get me started talking about the Lakers "fans"

LAOwnsAll15
04-07-2012, 06:00 AM
You act like the Clippers are the only team that flops. And talking about trash talking, every team trash talks. What happened to Bynum today against the Rockets? But wait, it's the cool thing to hate on the Clippers.

And please don't judge a whole fanbase by some bandwagoners. Trust me, I've been a fan of the Clips for so long and it annoys me too. Every team has those "fans". Don't even get me started talking about the Lakers "fans"

Bynum is one player, and hes 24. Up until this season he has been good, hes rebelling, something he hasnt done in his 7 years in the league.

Blake, on the other hasnt done anything in his measly 2 years to merit his attitude. Sure he was a beast in College, but this is the NBA, where you cant just Dunk for 100% of your points.

I agree with the bandw-agoners, they aren't ideal to have in your fan-base. All I can say is that the Clippers seem to have made it their business to accommodate the band-wagoners. They are loud, obnoxious, and get the calls in their favor. I don't know if that is just the way the hand played out, or if the NBA is throwing all the band wagoners towards to the Clippers. Either way, thats a really ****** way to start building your fan-base, especially when you havent been relevant for years.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-07-2012, 07:12 AM
I think why a lot of people dislike the Clippers is because how overnight, they became a good team, and now demand respect like they've been good since the beginning of basketball's existence. They feel they're entitled to this respect and starting labeling themselves as LOB CITY and all of that crap before the games even started.

And what's so laughable is that the CLippers don't even lead the league in Lobs, I think the rival Lakers are ahead of them in that department. :laugh2:

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-07-2012, 07:15 AM
1. Haters are gonna HATE

The CLippers don't represent LA, the Lakers do, stop joking yourself. They are fortunate we let them share the same building with us and let them have their home games while 16 Lakers banners (and counting) are up on the rafters with all the Lakers retired jerseys.

They are better served going back to San Diego. You don't need to LA teams in the NBA. Unnecessary.

Method28
04-07-2012, 07:52 AM
I think why a lot of people dislike the Clippers is because how overnight, they became a good team, and now demand respect like they've been good since the beginning of basketball's existence. They feel they're entitled to this respect and starting labeling themselves as LOB CITY and all of that crap before the games even started.

And what's so laughable is that the CLippers don't even lead the league in Lobs, I think the rival Lakers are ahead of them in that department. :laugh2:

Link please

Method28
04-07-2012, 07:56 AM
The CLippers don't represent LA, the Lakers do, stop joking yourself. They are fortunate we let them share the same building with us and let them have their home games while 16 Lakers banners (and counting) are up on the rafters with all the Lakers retired jerseys.

They are better served going back to San Diego. You don't need to LA teams in the NBA. Unnecessary.

Guess what....times change. It's not like the Lakers originated in LA. New Era's begin all the time. With Kobe being nothing but a chucker, Pau getting old and Bynum being a ******. Lakers future is looking bleak compared to the Clippers. So go ahead and live off of past achievements....but if the Clippers start having a couple seasons better than the Lakers....Clippers will run this town.

LA likes winners, not teams that USED to win.

quade36
04-07-2012, 08:55 AM

wow what a silly comment. :facepalm:

Lil Rhody
04-07-2012, 09:31 AM

hahahaha didnt know you where on the team. Lakers are from Minny so the Clips have every right to be LA's TEAM. and its two not to :facepalm:

SpaceJamJordans
04-07-2012, 10:02 AM

This is exactly why psd is a joke and internet fans are morons like charles barkley always says.

The clippers have been a embarrassing franchise for the last 15 years. This is their best season and talented roster in 15 years. They are 4th in the west which is a franchise high in seeding.

After finally shedding the "joke" imagine, now they are hated for flopping when the "entire team" doesn't even flop? Blake griffin can be annoying with the way he always begs for foul calls but the way his body and jumping ability is, he will always be getting excessive contact.

Nobody here would be talking if griffin and paul were kings, warriors or on any other team.

Dirk flops, wade flops, cousins flops, pierce flops, manu flops. So, tell me how is that only blake? There is more flopper and guys who get away with crap than blake griffin or chris paul in their entire career.

Hell, dirk's fadeaway off one leg shot is supposed to be an offensive foul because he uses his knee to create space which is considered pushing off, yet it's acceptable.

Haters just gonna hate. The clippers are great team now, don't be bitter over it. Instead of talking about the nba, some fans need to look at themselves already.

thank you! :D

SpaceJamJordans
04-07-2012, 10:04 AM

Time to get used to it

NYKnicks
04-07-2012, 10:31 AM
U all call him a douche but im postive anyone one of u on a given day, would love to be in his position. He gets paid millions of dollars to dunk on ppl and is the best at it now is he a douche?

yankeesown69
04-07-2012, 11:17 AM
Common now.

The guy you quoted calling him defensive is not a Clippers fan so maybe you shouldn't attack a guy who you think is just talking up his team. Yeah they're not "great" but they are much improved and are getting hated on constantly. I don't like Blake either and haven't seen much development in his game. CP3 is that team IMHO but people need to stop attacking them like they are the joke of the NBA.

PhillyBoomerang
04-07-2012, 11:32 AM
I actually Like it just because they are a good team now for so many years they were so bad laughable basement dwelling teams in years past (except for the Elton Brand 1yr in playoffs) I like them more then the Lakers Imo

DodgerDogg
04-07-2012, 12:10 PM

The label came from the MEDIA MARKET! They actually came out saying they didnt want to be labeled that when the season started. I coud think stats too but realy it makes you look dumb when your on the net and can easily check it before you post:clap:

DodgerDogg
04-07-2012, 12:16 PM

AMEN!!!!!:clap:

Piercefan34
04-07-2012, 12:42 PM
nah the heat still do this more than anyone. lebron gets more cheap ****** foul calls and calls not called just because its him. he is and always will be the king of getting superstar calls. its not even close. dwade to

Yunqn
04-07-2012, 01:07 PM
I feel like theres so many People on this site that dont have a voice or opinion of their own..

All of a sudden griffins babied just because one player said it..

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CvyelLWnDMo

So much for him being babied right ? How are they the epitome of whats wrong in the nba.. Its more like guys like demarcus,dwight howard carmelo anthony, bynum and etc.. I wouldnt even say lebron is apart of whats wrong.. He single handely boosted the nba by making one move and now everyone wants to follow him and go elsewhere and everyteam has to change there business outlook..

I think whats wrong with the league is players who care about brandin themselves and guys just having big egos.. Lebron fits that bill but u know what .. He was the first to really do it his way and everyone wants to do the same..

No the clippers are whats right about the league.. They drafted griffin,gordon,jordan,kaman and had the pieces to get a chris paul and made cap space for a caron butler.. They took risk with the davis trade with their 1st knowing it was a lotto pick..

The kings should try to be like them and not just get fredette to have fans and actually make basketball decisions and not try to pamper cousins just so he wont get a attitude but help him grow as a person and not cover it up. Just my opinion

Yunqn
04-07-2012, 01:12 PM
Every nba player flops and ****** about calls.. Griffin doesnt even flop the most ..

its this guy .. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=01SQ6LKwH5A

Lmaoo funniest video ever !!

Chronz
04-07-2012, 01:27 PM
then . Dont . Watch

k

Then . Dont . Post

k
not working

smith&wesson
04-07-2012, 01:28 PM
cant blame the guy for trying to hammer it down every chance he gets, in any way possible. . its pretty much all he is good at.

but the stare downs are completly uncalled for

justinnum1
04-07-2012, 01:29 PM
less focus on the sportscenter top 10 plays and more focus on defnese and tea ball imo

topdog
04-07-2012, 01:34 PM
I hate superstar calls, but the NBA and other sports leagues have realized that star players and more offense mean higher ratings and more revenues.

Sounds like Blake is making a case to join the Dwight-Lebron douche conversation.

kylem4711
04-07-2012, 05:21 PM

A) in the past that was 100% true. not anymore though. He signed Kaman, Baron to a horrible contract, tried to sign brand to a huge contract, signed caron to a terrible contract, signed a center that cant make a 3ft jumper to a huge contract, just build a brand new training facility for 20 mill. He is spending money.

B) Blame whines way to much, but there are a lot of calls that go against him. im guessing you only say he is babied because you only see the highlights or something?

C) This comment again points to you not watching the clippers play. they are 4th in the west and 1 1/2 behind 3rd. plus they lost chauncey and have been playing without mo for a while now.

last but not least.

Chris Paul on DeMarcus Cousins' comments re: Blake "That’s fine. We won. He lost. We’re competing for the playoffs. He’s not."

kylem4711
04-07-2012, 05:22 PM

mark cuban is a billionaire. pretty terrible comparison.

kylem4711
04-07-2012, 05:23 PM

I dont mind the antics of a rapist, thats just my opinion though. guess thats why im not a laker fan

kylem4711
04-07-2012, 05:23 PM

feel better? people clearly watch the clippers.

kylem4711
04-07-2012, 05:25 PM
Common now.

well as a clipper fan living in LA, its 100% useless talking basketball with most laker fans. they are so myopic that its not even worth talking to them. whenever you make a good point the go-to move for laker fans is always, well, uhhh, look at the banners.... ha

im guessing thats why no one talks to you.

kylem4711
04-07-2012, 05:25 PM

heres a good example of what im talking about :p

SD_Clippers
04-07-2012, 05:39 PM
well as a clipper fan living in LA, its 100% useless talking basketball with most laker fans. they are so myopic that its not even worth talking to them. whenever you make a good point the go-to move for laker fans is always, well, uhhh, look at the banners.... ha

im guessing thats why no one talks to you.

:clap:

Took the words right out of my mouth.