PDA

View Full Version : Thunder Employee Fired for Video, "Thunder Your Butts Off"

*Superman*
04-05-2012, 05:46 PM
"Thunda Thunda Thunda Thunda, Thunda Your Butts OFF!"

I've seen some pretty offensive videos during my time. Living in the internet age and having access to Encyclopedia Dramatica, 4Chan, and Stephon Marbury's UStream pretty much guarantee that. But this video....is about as far away from offensive as you can possibly get. I would feel comfortable playing it in front of my 7 year old cousin.

Yet, someone got fired over the making of this video. Literally. "Lunchmeat", the man in the mask for a large portion of the below video, was fired before he could take the floor as a stormchaser tonight. And after he was fired, Thunder management had the audacity to ask him to take the video down.

Okay, before I say any more, here's the video. I'll let you judge for yourself. Is this offensive?

Sucks that he lost his job over it. Wasn't even offensive, but since it was rap, I'm sure they felt like the butt was a way to cover the word ***.

Article: http://www.welcometoloudcity.com/2012/4/2/2921689/a-thunder-employee-got-fired-for-this-video-and-its-a-shame

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUQKDz5nK9M&feature=player_embedded

boogie-reke
04-05-2012, 05:50 PM
Stay classy thunder nation

Ebbs
04-05-2012, 05:53 PM
Them and Pauly D should go on tour together.

Mr_Amaziing
04-05-2012, 06:25 PM
LoL

Cfrey
04-05-2012, 06:29 PM
Hahahahahaha that's pathetic that you can get fired for purposely trying to keep the rap PG

lol that was the most PG rap I've heard in a while

Raph12
04-05-2012, 06:31 PM
What is going on in this league?

Lakers + Giants
04-05-2012, 06:33 PM
I feel violated.

BHF
04-05-2012, 06:35 PM
who ever fired him should be fired

Cfrey
04-05-2012, 06:47 PM
I will say, however, that when he said "i might get fired" and then he put on a mask that didn't help his case hahahahaha

lvlheaded
04-05-2012, 06:52 PM
He seriously got fired for that?! It was absolutely harmless. The person that fired him should be fired for being so uptight

felixng2012
04-05-2012, 06:57 PM
Video was pretty good and was not offensive at all. Person who did the firing should get fired.

smith&wesson
04-05-2012, 07:17 PM
maybe he was getting paid and someone saw this and said seriously were paying this guy ? :shrug:

Teeboy1487
04-05-2012, 07:31 PM
He was fired for that? That was nothing. It was kind of funny. Still, didn't like that they did not know who Fisher was.

theducksmuggler
04-05-2012, 07:37 PM
i was gonna make a better post but...i thundered my butt off!!!

netsgiantsyanks
04-05-2012, 08:20 PM
He was fired for that? That was nothing. It was kind of funny. Still, didn't like that they did not know who Fisher was.

it was most likely a joke, guy. who doesn't know who derek fisher is?

D Roses Bulls
04-05-2012, 08:59 PM
he got fired for this? really? classy organization.

Marlin234
04-05-2012, 09:25 PM
Only reason he got fired is because he mentioned he works for them lol

Bin Laden
04-05-2012, 09:49 PM
Beast

*Superman*
04-05-2012, 09:56 PM
Only reason he got fired is because he mentioned he works for them lol

Yeah that was pretty dumb on his part, its like he knew he would get in trouble, but did it anyways.

kenzo400
04-05-2012, 09:58 PM
Maybe he got fired just for being dumb and not funny.

Lloyd Christmas
04-05-2012, 11:05 PM
The guy with the megaphone CB radio thing was my favorite.

bowieinspace
04-12-2012, 04:30 PM
RIP lunchmeat

BlahaTRUTH
04-14-2012, 03:51 AM
He should have been fired.

An employee of the Oklahoma City Thunder should NOT be using trademarks of their employer while rapping about players/staff on the Thunder team (other employees essentially) and the brand.

This guy made a video prominently featuring players and brands he does not have the license to use. While not illegal, it's certainly unprofessional and a justifiable reason for firing an employee.

Furthermore, some of the lines in this rap are offensive and inappropriate - "...Westbrook... get your life took..." for example. Again, it certainly isn't vulgar or obscene, but it clearly is unprofessional.

This clown deserved to be fired and I'm pretty shocked the majority of posters seem to think he was unjustly canned.

gotoHcarolina52
04-14-2012, 04:23 AM
He should have been fired.

An employee of the Oklahoma City Thunder should NOT be using trademarks of their employer while rapping about players/staff on the Thunder team (other employees essentially) and the brand.

This guy made a video prominently featuring players and brands he does not have the license to use. While not illegal, it's certainly unprofessional and a justifiable reason for firing an employee.

Furthermore, some of the lines in this rap are offensive and inappropriate - "...Westbrook... get your life took..." for example. Again, it certainly isn't vulgar or obscene, but it clearly is unprofessional.

This clown deserved to be fired and I'm pretty shocked the majority of posters seem to think he was unjustly canned.

I agree. Pretty dumb on his part. Firing him seems like an insensitive thing to do, but the Thunder do have a brand to protect and when employees go around using that brand in unapproved ways it can make it appear as if the Thunder condone and even sponsor their actions. He should have gotten clearance before posting this video on YouTube.

Sucks to be him, but I understand the Thunder's response.

Baller1
04-14-2012, 05:34 AM
Honestly... Just a weird situation. This whole thing happened a little while ago, and I'm still indifferent about it. Like I said, just weird.

IndyRealist
04-14-2012, 09:49 AM
Heh probably wouldn't have been fired if he didn't say, "I work there I might get fired". Letting everybody know you work there means you're then representing the company. And bad rap videos on youtube is probably not the image that midwestern Oklahoma City wants to portray.

They should have just told him to take the video down. But if Victoria's Secret can fire a model for gaining 5lbs, the Thunder can fire an employee for putting out stupid videos in their name.

JasonJohnHorn
04-14-2012, 03:13 PM
I'm curious as to what exactly his job was... lol