PDA

View Full Version : MAGIC players are RIPPING Dwight!

waveycrockett
04-05-2012, 03:21 PM
RT @MagicInsider One player's comments to me: "Our problem isn't Stan (Van Gundy). We got one guy who wants to run the show."

RT @MagicInsider Magic player to me: "I know Dwight will be gone after next season."
RT @MagicInsider Ryan Anderson on SVG: "I won't le to you. It's very frustrating...after all that crap (Howard's traded demand)."

RT @MagicInsider Magic player to me about lockeroom climate: "We're split."

RT @MagicInsider Hedo Turkoglu on Stan Van Gundy: "I want Stan to be my coach forever."

RT @MagicInsider Ryan Anderson on Stan Van Gundy: "I love Stan. I think he's a great coach for us."

RT @MagicInsider Ryan Anderson: "..Now all of a sudden it's chaos."

tyfreaks brotha
04-05-2012, 03:24 PM
Saw this coming.

Celticsfan2007
D12 has the worst timing with this crap. Why not address the coaching situation in the off-season?

Hawkeye15
somewhere, LeBron is going, "bahahahahahahahahaahahah"

ChitownSports16
04-05-2012, 03:27 PM
D12 has really become a joke...

Wes_Craven
04-05-2012, 03:27 PM
Who thinks Dwight gets traded draft night?

justinnum1
04-05-2012, 03:28 PM
****ing joke

Raph12
04-05-2012, 03:29 PM
All this would be avoided if he was traded before the season... This is the worst possible time to bring this **** up, ugh, hope he's trade prior to next season.

5ass
04-05-2012, 03:31 PM
Honestly, i would fire Stan, and trade every single player on the magic roster if it meant we can keep howard. I know they're being loyal to Stan, but Howard>all of them.

mRc08
04-05-2012, 03:31 PM
Who thinks Dwight gets traded draft night?

For the #1 pick in anthony davis and kemba walker!

seriously though, doubt it, especially considering contract situations.

John Walls Era
04-05-2012, 03:32 PM
LOL please just lose tonight.

Slug3
04-05-2012, 03:35 PM
Why is Howard bringing this up now. Its like he wants everything around him to fall apart.

Teeboy1487
04-05-2012, 03:35 PM
I'm still pissed that SVG went public with this. You should keep this in the Locker room. It's a huge distraction in an already messy situation.

shep33
04-05-2012, 03:36 PM
It's sad because SVG will be gone, and Howard will probably leave soon as well.

5ass
04-05-2012, 03:36 PM
notice that the 2 players that want stan to stay. Are Hedo and Anderson. 2 things, for some reason SVG likes Hedo a lot and has a lot of confidence in him and lets him handle the ball more than he should. Anderson just loves shooting those 3s, perfect for SVG/

FraziersKnicks
04-05-2012, 03:37 PM
He needs to leave.. I have no idea why he opted in. He's going no where with this team.

J4KOP99
04-05-2012, 03:38 PM
Good. I hope they say this **** to Howard's face. He is such a little *****.

JIDsanity
04-05-2012, 03:38 PM
Wow Dwight... Round of applause on your in-decision. :clap:

At least LeBron made one.

smith&wesson
04-05-2012, 03:39 PM
why the hell didnt he just leave ?? honestly ?

just bounce dog. go play somewhere else your killing it for your team mates, your coaches, and your not doing the fans any favours.

just wasting your own time and everyone elses.

justinnum1
04-05-2012, 03:40 PM
I'm still pissed that SVG went public with this. You should keep this in the Locker room. It's a huge distraction in an already messy situation.

Huh? This is no where near as bad as the magic organization letting dwight call the shots. Thats the real problem. SVG just wants to get some jabs in before he leaves. Howard is a joke and will never win a ring as long as he thinks he can be a #1 option.

ThunderousDemon
Does anybody else think the Magic fans will boo Howard?

smith&wesson
wow dwight... Round of applause on your in-decision. :clap:

At least lebron made one.

+1

smith&wesson
04-05-2012, 03:41 PM

He absolutley deserves it!! boo his *** out of town!!

shep33
04-05-2012, 03:41 PM
He should've just left, or the Magic should've fired SVG a lot earlier. Now this situation is absolutely out of control

still1ballin
04-05-2012, 03:43 PM
Magic should of traded him when they had the chance. Now deal with it!

MagicBucsSox
04-05-2012, 03:44 PM
I lOve that the main problem is just sitting back saying nothing. Otis smith

sp1derm00
04-05-2012, 03:45 PM
Wow. The two best C's in the league both hate their coach.

Dwight for Bynum should have happened.

5ass
04-05-2012, 03:46 PM
Wow Dwight... Round of applause on your in-decision. :clap:

At least LeBron made one.

What indecision? Dwight said he wants to stay in Orl, but in order for the that to happen their needed to be some "changes". The owner agreed.

Dwight wants SVG fired, fine, i could care less. There are other available coaches that can replace him and do as good if not a better job. Hopefully Howard calls for Otis to get fired next.

ysizz
04-05-2012, 03:49 PM
i am a magic fan, but all these players tht want stan is cuz they have the green light to put up 20+3's a game even with howard out, its still the same thing

my only in put is tht it should have been kept in the locker room instead of this mess

AIRMAR72
04-05-2012, 03:50 PM
Honestly, i would fire Stan, and trade every single player on the magic roster if it meant we can keep howard. I know they're being loyal to Stan, but Howard>all of them.
fire stan for what its howard who needs to grow up and take his job serious we cannot clown around 24-7 guys are grown on the team management already got rashad lewis to please howard

Raph12
04-05-2012, 03:51 PM
Why is Howard bringing this up now. Its like he wants everything around him to fall apart.

Stan said it was something he was dealing with all season, I doubt Dwight wanted Stan fired this close to the playoffs... It was brought up now because of the report and the Magic's struggles, Stan wants off of the sinking ship.

5ass
04-05-2012, 03:51 PM
i am a magic fan, but all these players tht want stan is cuz they have the green light to put up 20+3's a game even with howard out, its still the same thing

my only in put is tht it should have been kept in the locker room instead of this mess

Thats on the idiot in management who keeps leaking information like this to the media and SVG. Im starting the think that some1 in management is doing the magic and Dwight a disservice. Im starting to think Otis directly told stan himself that dwight wants him fired. I think Otis knows hes getting fired at the end of the season and he wants to take Howard down with him.

MagicHero3
04-05-2012, 03:54 PM
D12 has really become a joke...

can u explain your sig pic? i dont get it...

The goods
04-05-2012, 03:54 PM
They should've traded him while they had the chance now they 10 times as much drama as before if they fire stan sounds like they'll hate howard even more next season so they should trade howard in the offseason to avoid anymore problems.

Yunqn
04-05-2012, 03:57 PM
The magic should set the tone for the rest of the league and the fans and be the first to pick the coach over the player..

Imo they should trade dwight asap and give him to a team that wants to rent him and get the best deal for them

Stan seemed like a guy who doesnt care about the bull***** and trying to brand anything just a guy who does his job likes his job and has down to earth personality..a guy who wouldnt seem like a guy who would talk bad about if you knew them.. Dwight on the other hand seems like a guy who thinks hes god..

boogie-reke
04-05-2012, 03:59 PM
Easy win for the Knicks.

Ebbs
04-05-2012, 04:00 PM
Dwight has handled the superstardom the worst of any NBA player since I've been a fan.

justjames
04-05-2012, 04:04 PM
Makes sense for the major douches of the NBA to be in Florida. Now how does Griffin get his *** there

Kashmir13579
04-05-2012, 04:10 PM
If Dwight wants his coach gone he should've learned from 'Melo. Give 50% effort every-night, and lose lots of games... That way you'll get what you want and nobody will hate you for it.

GSWJunkie
04-05-2012, 04:11 PM
The magic should set the tone for the rest of the league and the fans and be the first to pick the coach over the player..

Imo they should trade dwight as soon asap and give him to a team that wants to rent him..

Stan seemed like legit in the video.. A guy who doesnt care about the bull***** and trying to brand anything just a guy who does his job likes his job and has down to earth personality..a guy who wouldnt seem like a guy who would talk bad about if you knew them.. Dwight on the other hand seems like a guy who thinks hes god..

Sorry to steal your thunder man, but the Warriors already beat the Magic to the punch regarding this when they chose Don Nelson over Chris Webber, and we all know how that turned out. Trading a marquee player like that because the coach didn't like him cost this franchise at least a decade of potentially winning basketball.

As much as I hate this drama from DH12, coming from someone who already experienced how much more important to a team the players are over the coaches, the Magic need to do whatever they can to keep Howard around and if it comes down to DH12 vs SVG, they would be wise to pick the player, I'm sorry but that's the truth. The coach isn't the one on the court trying to execute the plays during "crunch time" and win the game, the players are, and to have more success in that scenario, you need the best possible players on the floor in those make or break game situations.

mightymouse407
04-05-2012, 04:11 PM
notice that the 2 players that want stan to stay. Are Hedo and Anderson. 2 things, for some reason SVG likes Hedo a lot and has a lot of confidence in him and lets him handle the ball more than he should. Anderson just loves shooting those 3s, perfect for SVG/

took the words right out of my mouth no one else would even touch hedo with his contract. just fire stan now and let patrick ewing take over because stan is gonna have to answer questions every night for the rest of the yr and playoffs if he stays

*Superman*
04-05-2012, 04:13 PM

Amen. He is letting the Media win by letting it out. He talked that BS bothers him, but with the media, you have to feed them crap, you can't be 100% truthful all the time. Now there is this mess to deal with right before playoffs.

OneTuzSea
04-05-2012, 04:14 PM
Howard should've learned from Melo. There's a reason players are players and GMs are GMs. Just quit being a ***** and play.

ysizz
04-05-2012, 04:20 PM
I think Otis knows hes getting fired at the end of the season and he wants to take Howard down with him.[/QUOT

its seems that way, so in the end Howard becomes the bad guy

*Superman*
04-05-2012, 04:22 PM
Howard should've learned from Melo. There's a reason players are players and GMs are GMs. Just quit being a ***** and play.

I don't get your reference. Melo wants to play the GM role in NY. He didn't want them to sign JR.

OneTuzSea
04-05-2012, 04:25 PM
I don't get your reference. Melo wants to play the GM role in NY. He didn't want them to sign JR.

Then how don't you get my reference? They're both trying to run things when they should just be playing.

Rockice_8
04-05-2012, 04:25 PM
After screwing over the Nets he's getting everything he deserves.

*Superman*
04-05-2012, 04:29 PM
Then how don't you get my reference? They're both trying to run things when they should just be playing.

Melo didn't learn anything then did he? He is doing the same thing.

Vincent33
04-05-2012, 04:30 PM
D12 is just a 7ft child. He's almost worse than a politician, so wishy washy, can't commit to one thing. What a giant ****ing headache.

OneTuzSea
04-05-2012, 04:31 PM
Melo didn't learn anything then did he? He is doing the same thing.

That's... what I'm saying. Maybe you read what I said backwards. I'm saying Dwight should've learned his lesson watching Melo struggle in NY after trying to run things. Dwight is trying to do the same thing and it's not working and causing tons of backlash. If he would've just saw the disastor it's causing Melo, he shouldn't been smart enough not to do it.

Ezio
04-05-2012, 04:36 PM
So glad the Bulls didn't went after this kid :phew: Swear he's that prom date that wants everything better.

justjames
04-05-2012, 04:36 PM
I wonder if Shaq is going to comment on this.

JasonJohnHorn
04-05-2012, 04:38 PM
Here's the deal. Dwight thinks he has a great O game and he doesn't. He wants the ball more, but he can barely make a move to the basket without committing and offensive foul. He's got no jumper, he's got sub-par footwork, and pretty much all he can do is clean up on the offensive glass and dunk the ball when defences break down. Before you jump on me, yes, he does have SOME moves, and he is efficient in that he gets a lot of points-per-shot, but seriously? As awesome as he is on the glass, and as awesome as he is on defence, all of that advantage would be undone is SVG did what Howard wants and ran the offence through Dwight. Dwight would be on the bench with foul trouble EVERY night. He would have three fouls before the first quarter was done.

But Dwight lives in a bubble where everybody and their dog kisses his @$$ and he honestly believes that the offence should be run through him. Lets face, Hedu, J-Rich, Ryan Andersen... they aren't exactly up to par with guys like Bynum and Gasol. Look at where other teams are. LBJ has Bosh and Wade. Bryant has Bynum and Gasol, Durant has Westbrook and Harden. Dwight has Hedu, J-Rich and Anderson? But SVG still has this team putting up a record that is comparable to the Lakers. Which tells me two things, SVG is doing one H-E-L-L of a job, and Brown is dong a very poor job.

What's got to happen is Dwight has to learn to STFU, take his role and play INTO the team. SVG is getting a lot of milage out of this roster. About the only coach that is doing better is Thibs. Rose has, what? Boozer and Deng? And they got the best record in the league! And lets be honest, Rose, Boozer Deng is < LBJ WADE and Bosh.

Orlando should have, and likely will, trade Dwight if he can't get on board with what SVG is doing. The biggest problem is with the GM (sorry Otis). Something has to be done about that. But is Dwight is going to be pulling this kind of $#!T all the time, then he needs to go. SVG and the rest of the players are trying to win basketball games, and Dwight is trying to get his ego stroked. You can't win if you are not committed to a team, and Dwight is clearly not committed to this team.

Shmontaine
04-05-2012, 04:41 PM
i love how the video is on the magic team website...

what a joke of an organization...

5ass
04-05-2012, 04:47 PM
A lot of people here should just STFU. Everyones just bashing howard, and i havent seen one Magic fan blame this on Howard. You guys just dont know what you're talking about. This is just another excuse for you to come in and post about Howards immaturity, and ur minds arent even mature enough to comprehend what is really going on.

oak2455
04-05-2012, 04:48 PM
If Dwight wants his coach gone he should've learned from 'Melo. Give 50% effort every-night, and lose lots of games... That way you'll get what you want and nobody will hate you for it.

It's sad but true.... Also Sidenote MDA never *****ed like Stan... MDA true professional despite all of that **** he put up with

GiantsSwaGG
04-05-2012, 04:49 PM
A lot of people here should just STFU. Everyones just bashing howard, and i havent seen one Magic fan blame this on Howard. You guys just dont know what you're talking about. This is just another excuse for you to come in and post about Howards immaturity, and ur minds arent even mature enough to comprehend what is really going on.

You're obviously a homer....your opinion doesn't matter!

Raph12
04-05-2012, 04:49 PM
Here's the deal. Dwight thinks he has a great O game and he doesn't. He wants the ball more, but he can barely make a move to the basket without committing and offensive foul. He's got no jumper, he's got sub-par footwork, and pretty much all he can do is clean up on the offensive glass and dunk the ball when defences break down. Before you jump on me, yes, he does have SOME moves, and he is efficient in that he gets a lot of points-per-shot, but seriously? As awesome as he is on the glass, and as awesome as he is on defence, all of that advantage would be undone is SVG did what Howard wants and ran the offence through Dwight. Dwight would be on the bench with foul trouble EVERY night. He would have three fouls before the first quarter was done.

After reading this, no one is going to listen to your bs... Dwight creates 51% of his offense, while the "second best center" Bynum has 65% of his FGM assisted by a teammate and more points off of the offensive glass than Dwight.

You obviously don't know much about analyzing basketball, but I think you should sign up for Skip Bayless' blog, that may be more your "cup of tea", so to speak.

DLeeicious
04-05-2012, 04:50 PM
It's garbage like this that made me not want Dwight on the Bulls in the first place (I don't care if it never was gonna happen I am just saying I never wanted it to). Just shut the **** up and play Dwight you aren't bigger than the game like you think you are.

mavwar53
04-05-2012, 04:51 PM
Howard is such a coward, can't even admit when he says ****, always backs out when things become public.

MagicHero3
04-05-2012, 04:52 PM
dwight probably said to the owners "new mgmt, new players, do something to make this team a contender" ... and now, media is blowing out of proportion making it sound like dwight literally said "fire stan". He didnt. He said MAKE CHANGES. why else would SVG acknowledge what dwight said- bc he himself knew that its old news. theres no new information here, just the media trying their best to make dwight look like a doushe.

MagicHero3
04-05-2012, 04:53 PM
After reading this, no one is going to listen to your bs... Dwight creates 51% of his offense, while the "second best center" Bynum has 65% of his FGM assisted by a teammate and more points off of the offensive glass than Dwight.

You obviously don't know much about analyzing basketball, but I think you should sign up for Skip Bayless' blog, that may be more your "cup of tea", so to speak.

hahah burned! that ones gotta hurt

KB24PG16
04-05-2012, 04:54 PM
i feel for orlando fans

5ass
04-05-2012, 04:54 PM
It's sad but true.... Also Sidenote MDA never *****ed like Stan... MDA true professional despite all of that **** he put up with

SVG isnt *****ing, hes just outspoken. Thats his personality, hell i know that and i dont even know the guy personally. He probably shouldnt have said anything to the media, but thats not even the issue here. The issue is who from management would leak information like this a few games before the play offs? I pretty sure whoever did tell him knew SVG wasnt gonna keep his mouth shut. The question is who in management wants to see Howard fall? One culprit could be Otis Smith, knowing hes getting fired next season, knowing that a lot of the media has called him out about his poor skills as a general manager, and with the intention to sink Howard and the organization with him to try to improve his image.

5ass
04-05-2012, 04:56 PM
You're obviously a homer....your opinion doesn't matter!

Dont know if this is a joke, but im a magic fan, and in this case where i know more about the organization than you, my opinion > yours. ;)

Cfrey
04-05-2012, 04:58 PM
stop sticking up for howard 5ass

DLeeicious
04-05-2012, 05:00 PM
Dont know if this is a joke, but im a magic fan, and in this case where i know more about the organization than you, my opinion > yours. ;)

Funny because you also seem to think you know more about the Bulls organization than Bulls fans. :rolleyes:

Baller1
04-05-2012, 05:00 PM
Good. They should all speak out against Dwight.

Kashmir13579
04-05-2012, 05:05 PM

MDA never said **** to the media LOL. He was the best at giving the run-around. He let them come up with their own BS.

Still though, you wouldn't want Stan as Knicks coach?

monzternipz12
I think we all know how much a douche Howard is but let's be honest, every team would still want him. LA, Chi, NY, NJ, everyone!! Orlando would obviously want Howard to stay than any coach or player on that team. Unfortunately, his maturity doesn't match his talent and in this league, talent is valued more. Every team will make the excuse, "oh we can work with Howard. Howard will be in a new situation starting off clean. He won't run his antics with us." No team can discipline this guy. Just got to let him do his thing and hope the coaches and players around him are smart enough to deal with his BS.

5ass
stop sticking up for howard 5ass

the ignorance just bothers me, that people are so quick to judge without fully understanding the situation.

5ass
04-05-2012, 05:06 PM
Funny because you also seem to think you know more about the Bulls organization than Bulls fans. :rolleyes:

For instance? Or are u just saying that cz i dont agree that Rose is GOAT?

DLeeicious
04-05-2012, 05:12 PM
For instance? Or are u just saying that cz i dont agree that Rose is GOAT?

Well let's see, people voice their opinion about a Magic related topic and you with a closed mind claim they aren't Magic fans so they can't understand the situation like you do, yet...

awhile back you stumbled into the Bulls forum and I don't remember the topic but I think it was Roses defense? Irrelevant. Anyways you defended your opinion to the death with no evidence to support your points and zero insight to the situation. Then when Bulls fans who, implied by your statement above, should know more about the organization than non-Bulls fans, gave evidence to support the opposite of your opinion you insisted you were correct.

Just saying it seems more like an issue of you thinking you know more than everyone about every topic from what I've seen. Yet I haven't seen any insight on any topic yet and have seen a lot of ignorance (like you throwing out FG% as if it means anything on its own the other day).

5ass
04-05-2012, 05:19 PM
Well let's see, people voice their opinion about a Magic related topic and you with a closed mind claim they aren't Magic fans so they can't understand the situation like you do, yet...

awhile back you stumbled into the Bulls forum and I don't remember the topic but I think it was Roses defense? Irrelevant. Anyways you defended your opinion to the death with no evidence to support your points and zero insight to the situation. Then when Bulls fans who, implied by your statement above, should know more about the organization than non-Bulls fans, gave evidence to support the opposite of your opinion you insisted you were correct.

Just saying it seems more like an issue of you thinking you know more than everyone about every topic from what I've seen. Yet I haven't seen any insight on any topic yet and have seen a lot of ignorance (like you throwing out FG% as if it means anything on its own the other day).

What evidence? The issue was roses defense and ive had a recent discussion on the NBA forum with Bulls fans about that. This is no way related to this topic though, its not even the same circumstances. When I watch other teams i watch their players play, i dont care what happens behind the scenes in the organization. That doesnt mean im unable to assess the players that i see playing right in front of my eyes on TV. For the Magic, im intrested about what happens behind the scenes and try to know as much as i can about how their management is thinking. The "evidence" as u suggest is as i pointed out in the Bulls forum and NBA forum was skewed by team defense, and i even got a lot of Bulls fans in the Bulls forum to agree about that because i made a solid argument. I disproved a lot of their stats. Did u even care to read that post? My "ignorance" is actually your stubbornness, Rose is defensive player of the year. Happy?

jmoney85
04-05-2012, 05:21 PM

and let a player run a franchise? yea rightttttt

Raph12
04-05-2012, 05:22 PM

awhile back you stumbled into the Bulls forum and I don't remember the topic but I think it was Roses defense?

That would be completely justified; there are stats and video evidence supporting a player's ability to play defense; Stan saying "Dwight said this" and everyone jumping down Dwight's throat for it is unjustified without knowing the situation completely.

DLeeicious
04-05-2012, 05:23 PM
What evidence? The issue was roses defense and ive had a recent discussion on the NBA forum with Bulls fans about that. This is no way related to this topic though, its not even the same circumstances. When I watch other teams i watch their players play, i dont care what happens behind the scenes in the organization. That doesnt mean im unable to assess the players that i see playing right in front of my eyes on TV. For the Magic, im intrested about what happens behind the scenes and try to know as much as i can about how their management is thinking. The "evidence" as u suggest is as i pointed out in the Bulls forum and NBA forum was skewed by team defense, and i even got a lot of Bulls fans in the Bulls forum to agree about that. Did u even care to read that post? My "ignorance" is actually your stubbornness, Rose is defensive player of the year. Happy?

No I know an ignorant basketball fan when I see one and normally I don't say anything (let's be honest it's a good majority of the NBA forum) but you just come off arrogant to me so I said something. Maybe I've caught you on bad days but literally every time I've seen you post it's been unsupported opinion that you fight to the death.

I never gave an opinion on Rose's defense either.

5ass
04-05-2012, 05:24 PM
and let a player run a franchise? yea rightttttt

Not sure he would be any worse than Otis

shep33
I think Stan cracked, he was sick of everything, all the consistent rumors, and really I don't blame him.

Everyone is to blame on this, mostly Dwight, but same with the FO... I don't blame SVG for speaking out on how chaotic that organization has gotten over this situation

jmoney85
I think we all know how much a douche Howard is but let's be honest, every team would still want him. LA, Chi, NY, NJ, everyone!! Orlando would obviously want Howard to stay than any coach or player on that team. Unfortunately, his maturity doesn't match his talent and in this league, talent is valued more. Every team will make the excuse, "oh we can work with Howard. Howard will be in a new situation starting off clean. He won't run his antics with us." No team can discipline this guy. Just got to let him do his thing and hope the coaches and players around him are smart enough to deal with his BS.

the only team that would still want him would be NJ... those other teams dont need him to be good

and as a net fan I dont want anything to do with him... I rather try and win the anthony davis sweepstakes

Getting UGGLA
04-05-2012, 05:25 PM
Damn.....And I'm ashamed to say I was happy he stayed.....You have to wonder if he even graduated elementary school. What a freakin moron.

DLeeicious
04-05-2012, 05:26 PM
That would be completely justified; there are stats and video evidence supporting a player's ability to play defense; Stan saying "Dwight said this" and everyone jumping down Dwight's throat for it is unjustified without knowing the situation completely.

So a fan of a team knows the inside info of the organization that other fans can't possible attain?

I must be missing something because I haven't got the invite to the Bulls secret meetings yet.

I agree though that jumping down Dwights throat is premature and I admit I jumped down his throat when I heard this story earlier but that's a product of my opinion of Dwight for a long time now. I am not a Dwight fan and this story bugged the **** out of me.

MJ-BULLS
04-05-2012, 05:31 PM
magic are a disaster.

Kashmir13579
04-05-2012, 05:32 PM
Michael Kay is an idiot, yes, but he's saying on 1050 that he thinks Stan said it to light a fire under his team for a nationally televised game against the injured Knicks. That would be a genius move, imo if they win big.

5ass
04-05-2012, 05:33 PM
No I know an ignorant basketball fan when I see one and normally I don't say anything (let's be honest it's a good majority of the NBA forum) but you just come off arrogant to me so I said something. Maybe I've caught you on bad days but literally every time I've seen you post it's been unsupported opinion that you fight to the death.

I never gave an opinion on Rose's defense either.

unsupported opinion that i fight to death? Listen man, when i have an opnion that i cant support whether its lack of availability of stats, lack of trying to look for the stats, or any other reason, i tell people to disprove my opinion. If they cant, my opinion doesnt change, if they do i would gladly admit that I was wrong, it just doesnt happen very often ;) (hows that for arrogant?)

Seriously though, just because u disagree with my opinion and have no way to disprove me doesnt make me ignorant. It makes you too stubborn to respect my opinion.

GiantsSwaGG
04-05-2012, 05:34 PM

Yeah your right the magic should listen to a player who they had to beg for him to stay one more year and wanted to trade for S Jax......

He must have rings if he has that kind of power.

Again you're a homer and your homerism the clouds the facts about Howard. Again your opinion doesn't matter. Howard is a douche

OC Knights #11
04-05-2012, 05:35 PM
"Another Black Athlete, Another Statistic", --Stephen A Smith

Kashmir13579
04-05-2012, 05:35 PM
I'm in Van Gundy's corner, btw. He's a smart dude.

5ass
04-05-2012, 05:37 PM
So a fan of a team knows the inside info of the organization that other fans can't possible attain?

I must be missing something because I haven't got the invite to the Bulls secret meetings yet.

I agree though that jumping down Dwights throat is premature and I admit I jumped down his throat when I heard this story earlier but that's a product of my opinion of Dwight for a long time now. I am not a Dwight fan and this story bugged the **** out of me.

Sarcasm is usually a last resort for people when their argument has gone to **** (continuing with the arrogant theme). What i mean by that is i read more articles and see more interviews concerning thepersonnel of the magic organization than you because im a magic fan.

MagicBucsSox
04-05-2012, 05:43 PM
Lol who cares what Ryan Anderson , hedo and some anonymous coward say. Ppl bash deight but no other superstar I can think if has played with the crap Dwight plays with on the floor. No one he plays with could start on a top. 10 college team. Add to that a terrible GM who yet again let another deadline pass and got the guy zero perimeter help.

He's the only great center to not have a backup, only to not have a good wing guy, only ever to not have a pf next to him. Ppl know ish about ball I swear.

GiantsSwaGG
04-05-2012, 05:43 PM
SVG = 1 ring
Howard = 0

You do the math

Sadds The Gr8
04-05-2012, 05:44 PM
Good. They shouldve traded him at the deadline...mother****in morons.

MagicHero3
04-05-2012, 05:44 PM
in all honesty... i like stan more than i like dwight. Sure, stan has no offensive scheme, but just throw an offensive minded assistant coach his way and bam, he's got it all. I love the way he handles how he talks to the media and the things he says. When i see dwight talking to the media, i just feel like I'm watching a 17 yr old give answers. Now of course, dwight gives the magic a better chance to win a championship than stan... but when it comes to like-ability, Stan > Dwight

MagicBucsSox
04-05-2012, 05:45 PM
Ppl eat up anything on tv or the net. No common sense. If the owners openly said they'd fire Otis or SVG if Dwight wanted........ If Dwight wanted him gone he'd be gone!!!! Dumb azz's

5ass
04-05-2012, 05:46 PM
Yeah your right the magic should listen to a player who they had to beg for him to stay one more year and wanted to trade for S Jax......

He must have rings if he has that kind of power.

Again you're a homer and your homerism the clouds the facts about Howard. Again your opinion doesn't matter. Howard is a douche

-u completely ignored the fact that he did the magic organization a huge favor by staying one more year, and for the record i woulve traded Hedo and a 1st (like SA did with jeff) for SJAX easily, it gives us a lot of capspace and not much of a downgrade.

-rings? would does that have to do with anything?

-seriously? Do u even realize how ****ing stupid you sound?

MagicBucsSox
04-05-2012, 05:47 PM
SVG = 1 ring
Howard = 0

You do the math

Lmao the Morris Claiborne award goes to............. What ring does SVG have? I'm sure he'd be surprised too

5ass
04-05-2012, 05:47 PM
SVG = 1 ring
Howard = 0

You do the math

hahahaha check your calculations

jiggin
04-05-2012, 05:49 PM
They should be ripping him. He thinks he is bigger than the organization. He thinks he is bigger than anyone and everyone in that franchise.

Players that get this big of an ego/head need to be brought down to earth quickly and as painfully as possible. Some are so egocentric that they don't even realize it.

Being too big or too popular for your own good...its sad when you don't even realize how much of a dick you are being because you act like it so much normally that you don't know when to turn it off and on.

boogie-reke
04-05-2012, 05:51 PM
SVG = 1 ring
Howard = 0

You do the math

green font?

GiantsSwaGG
04-05-2012, 05:51 PM
Im mentioning rings to point out what has Howard done to deserve so much say so....He hasn't won jack plain and simple.

5ass
04-05-2012, 05:52 PM
Im mentioning rings to point out what has Howard done to deserve so much say so....He hasn't won jack plain and simple.

and ur an idiot for still not realizing Stan has 0 rings, plain and simple.

D12 fan
04-05-2012, 05:52 PM
None of this would be a story if SVG wouldn't have told the media.SVG is now a snitch,he had to go out with a bang.

GiantsSwaGG
04-05-2012, 05:53 PM
Lmao the Morris Claiborne award goes to............. What ring does SVG have? I'm sure he'd be surprised too

Yet he might be a buccaneer

Kashmir13579
04-05-2012, 05:53 PM

lol

MagicBucsSox
04-05-2012, 05:54 PM

2x Morris Claiborne award winner lmao

*Superman*
04-05-2012, 05:55 PM
Oh course Hedo and Ryan would back up SVG. For one, Ryan gets to take as many threes as he wants. And for Hedo, if it were another coach, they would rip him a new ******* for how he plays.

GiantsSwaGG

Yeah just how you agree SVG should fire because Howard says so? Stop sucking his ****!

jiggin
None of this would be a story if SVG wouldn't have told the media.SVG is now a snitch,he had to go out with a bang.

yeah...sure...none of this would have happened if Dwight hadn't been a douche and started this...

...stop being an applogist for your favorite player. His true colors are showing very very deep in this contract year...and the NBA fans are seeing what a DICK he is...

jmoney85
04-05-2012, 05:56 PM
Lol who cares what Ryan Anderson , hedo and some anonymous coward say. Ppl bash deight but no other superstar I can think if has played with the crap Dwight plays with on the floor. No one he plays with could start on a top. 10 college team. Add to that a terrible GM who yet again let another deadline pass and got the guy zero perimeter help.

He's the only great center to not have a backup, only to not have a good wing guy, only ever to not have a pf next to him. Ppl know ish about ball I swear.

so stan van gundy is to blame? no

and lebron james played with even worse players in cleveland

GiantsSwaGG
04-05-2012, 05:58 PM
Wow im bugging Pat Riley won with the heat. Sorry too much Vodka

NYMetros
04-05-2012, 05:59 PM
SVG = 1 ring
Howard = 0

You do the math

:laugh2:

jmoney85
04-05-2012, 05:59 PM
lol @ magic fans for sticking up with him but after he bolts they will say " F dwight... if it wasnt for him SVG would still be our coach"

jmoney85
04-05-2012, 06:00 PM
Wow im bugging Pat Riley won with the heat. Sorry too much Vodka

that SHOULD have been SVG's ring though

5ass
04-05-2012, 06:00 PM
Yeah just how you agree SVG should fire because Howard says so? Stop sucking his ****!

Stop it, ur embarrassing urself. If its between Howard and SVG, i love stan but his *** is gone. Once in a decade caliber C vs an easily replaceable coach (mcmillan would be a very good fit), if u dont pick Dwight u dont care about the franchise anymore.
Also its not like Stan doesnt have his faults, his offense is too simple.

GiantsSwaGG
04-05-2012, 06:01 PM
Here's what I don't get though, if Dwight really wanted SVG fired, why didn't he opt out since the Magic didn't fire him?

Raph12
04-05-2012, 06:02 PM

The info is definitely "attainable" but fans of other teams don't care to attain them.

Exactly my point, the stuff fans of other teams here is usually the bad stuff. Good news doesn't sell, you hear the bad stuff over and over again and it is blown up like crazy... I wouldn't expect you to hear any good stuff about him, like what I heard about Melo, but I did some research and found out that Melo actually did the Nuggets a favor.

Like I said, the info is "attainable" but it's upto you to go find it. You're talking to fans who've read the info and read news about the Magic daily. To think you know more about a situation (that has no clear proofs; pure hearsay) than a fan of that team, is inaccurate.

jmoney85
04-05-2012, 06:03 PM
Stop it, ur embarrassing urself. If its between Howard and SVG, i love stan but his *** is gone. Once in a decade caliber C vs an easily replaceable coach (mcmillan would be a very good fit), if u dont pick Dwight u dont care about the franchise anymore.

WRONG... you have it the other way around... if you side WITH dwight than you dont care about the franchise anymore

players are never bigger than franchises... remember that

uprightciti
04-05-2012, 06:05 PM
lol

lol

5ass
04-05-2012, 06:05 PM
Here's what I don't get though, if Dwight really wanted SVG fired, why didn't he opt out since the Magic didn't fire him?

He did the Magic organization and the whole city of Orlando a favor. He said he will stay, but some "changes have to be made".

GiantsSwaGG
04-05-2012, 06:07 PM
Stop it, ur embarrassing urself. If its between Howard and SVG, i love stan but his *** is gone. Once in a decade caliber C vs an easily replaceable coach, if u dont pick Dwight u dont care about the franchise anymore.

Caliber C??

So you would rather Dwight run the team? Now I understand, You rather have a guy who changes his mind every 5 seconds...

5ass
04-05-2012, 06:08 PM
WRONG... you have it the other way around... if you side WITH dwight than you dont care about the franchise anymore

wow all of this for a coaching change? and firing a GM that deserves to be fired? in the past few years Dwight has done MUCH more to the organization than SVG and Otis.

DLeeicious
04-05-2012, 06:08 PM
The info is definitely "attainable" but fans of other teams don't care to attain them.

Exactly my point, the stuff fans of other teams here is usually the bad stuff. Good news doesn't sell, you hear the bad stuff over and over again and it is blown up like crazy... I wouldn't expect you to hear any good stuff about him, like what I heard about Melo, but I did some research and found out that Melo actually did the Nuggets a favor.

Like I said, the info is "attainable" but it's upto you to go find it. You're talking to fans who've read the info and read news about the Magic daily. To think you know more about a situation (that has no clear proofs; pure hearsay) than a fan of that team, is inaccurate.

The bold is exactly what I mean. How can a situation like this be something you guys would have more information than the general public? It's not a matter of researching the topic. It's either BS, partly BS or it's true. SVG, Dwight and the Magic insiders know the truth but it sure seems odd that SVG would lie about this.

And again I agree that due to this fact people jumping all over Dwight are off base. This includes myself however I just flat out don't like Dwight and haven't for years so it was easy for me to get fired up about this. This is a situation that if what SVG says is true drives me absolutely nuts.

Ladies Man
04-05-2012, 06:09 PM
Really becoming pathetic

MagicBucsSox
so stan van gundy is to blame? no

and lebron james played with even worse players in cleveland

Actually lebron didn't. He had guys who atleast played D, drove to the basket . A pg who isn't a turnover machine. Get a clue

5ass

thanks ralph, for that reason it is no suprise that most magic fans are on the same page regarding this whole situation.

GiantsSwaGG
04-05-2012, 06:11 PM
He did the Magic organization and the whole city of Orlando a favor. He said he will stay, but some "changes have to be made".

But Howard himself doesn't even know what he wants...first he wants to stay, then he wants to go...then hes lying saying he didn't want SVG fired when he clearly did...and what makes it worst, he's hurting the team.

5ass
04-05-2012, 06:12 PM
Caliber C??

So you would rather Dwight run the team? Now I understand, You rather have a guy who changes his mind every 5 seconds...

what? how did u deduce that from "once in a decade caliber C"?
Dwight won't run the team, the new GM will.

vdv36
04-05-2012, 06:13 PM

That's what makes it special... Dwight wants to be a little *****... So SVG is just showing the world how big of a ***** he is.

Punk
04-05-2012, 06:13 PM
I fully believe Dwight will be traded on Draft day. It's one thing to want the coach fired but your team doesn't like you is a huge problem.

They can't just trade every single one of them either. I think Dwight has overstayed his welcome and I think he honestly believes the franchise will do whatever because he's in control and it's clear the players will revolt that.

5ass
04-05-2012, 06:14 PM
But Howard himself doesn't even know what he wants...first he wants to stay, then he wants to go...then hes lying saying he didn't want SVG fired when he clearly did...and what makes it worst, he's hurting the team.

What do you mean? Ultimately the only reason Dwight opted in is for Orl, he could of bolted to any other team this offseason and when people ask why he could just pull out a list of the magic roster.

justinnum1
04-05-2012, 06:14 PM
mad props for SVG

dude has huge balls

shep33
04-05-2012, 06:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P9fEo7m-1Y&feature=related

GiantsSwaGG
04-05-2012, 06:19 PM
What do you mean? Ultimately the only reason Dwight opted in is for Orl, he could of bolted to any other team this offseason and when people ask why he could just pull out a list of the magic roster.

Is that the real reason why? Cause if that's the case, why didn't he do it in the beginning and waited til the last minute?

5ass
04-05-2012, 06:26 PM
Is that the real reason why? Cause if that's the case, why didn't he do it in the beginning and waited til the last minute?

I dont know. Maybe he initially wanted to go somewhere and then changed his mind for some reason? Maybe he just wanted to get the owners attention to start making improvements within the organization and team? Maybe his mom didnt let him? lol
Im not claiming I know what Howard is thinking, but his actions have been blown out of proportion by the media and people are buying it.
In the end he decided to give Orl a chance to improve and prove to him they can contend

Raph12
04-05-2012, 06:27 PM
The bold is exactly what I mean. How can a situation like this be something you guys would have more information than the general public? It's not a matter of researching the topic. It's either BS, partly BS or it's true. SVG, Dwight and the Magic insiders know the truth but it sure seems odd that SVG would lie about this.

Even if it was true, it was a conversation between Dwight and MGMT, they publicized it for two reasons; Stan wants to get fired so he doesn't sink with the ship and to make Dwight look like the "bad guy"... MGMT has done everything and anything to ensure Dwight is not in a Magic jersey in 2013. They forced him to stay for the season, threatened to trade him to a lottery team late-season and then they aired out all of the bs going on behind closed doors.

What could MGMT possibly get from Stan knowing that it is Dwight who wants him fired? Especially at this point in the season? We Magic fans know that Otis and Dwight has had beef for quite some time now and that Dwight asked for Otis to be fired. Otis is no longer making any decisions and will be fired at the end of the season, so we believe that it is Otis saying all this stuff to just bring everyone down before he's fired... Whether it be true or not.

And again I agree that due to this fact people jumping all over Dwight are off base. This includes myself however I just flat out don't like Dwight and haven't for years so it was easy for me to get fired up about this. This is a situation that if what SVG says is true drives me absolutely nuts.

It pissed the **** out of me too, but I'm also angry at Stan; he claims to only care about how his team performs against the Knicks, well DUMBASS, maybe you shouldn't be going public with all this bs. Does he think this would bring this team together? **** no, he did it because he wants to get fired before the ship sinks. Look at what D'Antoni did when he resigned, not once did he saying anything negative about his players or how they treat/respect him until he quit... It's called professionalism.

KingPosey
04-05-2012, 06:28 PM
Maybe Wade's loyalty comments were spot on.

JayW_1023
04-05-2012, 06:28 PM
D12's antics are a lot worse than LBJ's in my opinion. There is so much to dislike, I don't know where to begin.

fingerbang
04-05-2012, 06:32 PM
Howard's a ****ing sissy.

KingPosey
04-05-2012, 06:33 PM

Jordan was.

Crackadalic
04-05-2012, 06:50 PM
The redeem team era makes me want to watch the wwe and its bs PG era instead.

SportsAndrew25
04-05-2012, 06:56 PM
Wow. This guy has officially managed to make Lebron look like a saint.

MattS
04-05-2012, 06:59 PM
crazy stuff coming from a guy who wanted the Nets to do whatever it took to get Dwight in a trade as to not lose Deron.... but i thought players were never bigger then franchises?????

DoubleDragon
04-05-2012, 07:09 PM
It's sad because SVG will be gone, and Howard will probably leave soon as well.

Hey Howard, knock it off!

Only the Lakers are allowed to have off court dramas:p
Well, actually we have our own anyways.

Wow. I think D12's wicked as a player, but I actually feel bad for Orlando fans and team. At first I thought it was just more media bull******* trying to stir stuff up until I heard SVG on ESPN. How awkward was that press conference?
Uncomfortable to watch.

Bummer. especially after that city and organization (even psd'ers here) stayed loyal through the whole trade debacle.

ysizz
04-05-2012, 07:40 PM
i figured who the third play is, it duhon stan is the only reason he's still getting mins
he dribbles 15 sec of the clock the pastes the ball

PennyMy#1
04-05-2012, 08:04 PM
hedo is so damn cool its unreal.

"i want stan to be my coach forever"

ball dwight.

5ass
04-05-2012, 08:16 PM
i figured who the third play is, it duhon stan is the only reason he's still getting mins
he dribbles 15 sec of the clock the pastes the ball

Wouldnt b surprised

jiggin
04-05-2012, 08:20 PM
Jordan was.

wrong...Jordan NEVER would have said or thought that. He LOVED the bulls and the opportunities he was given in chicago...see, that is what made him classy when he was a player...something you don't see very often now days. He was loyal, and spoke about being appriciative to the city and the team.

Players today think that the franchise that employs them owes them something other than a HUGE paycheck. They think they are bigger than the franchise and even the business side of the NBA. Its I want I want I want...with these big stars sounding more like a 6 year old kid than adults who are being paid MILLIONS to play a ****ing childs game.

Its sickening how disconnected these superstar athletes (at least 95% of them) are and how they feel they deserve more than the amazing life they are leading...

Rain City
04-05-2012, 08:21 PM
As much as Dwight cant stand him he is the best coach for him, SVG is a tyrant, doesnt back down from anybody and only cares about getting the best out of his team, you can win with him but if he doesnt think his players are giving 100% he will let them have it, even if they win!

Dwight has the type of talent you can build a championship level team around, but I can see with his loose, fun loving attitude he can underachieve if he doesnt have someone holding him accountable.

Look at the Magic Finals run 3 years ago! Who saw that coming?! SVG got the absolute best of that team and Dwight.

However, in pro sports, a player can only be coached by a tyrant for so long until it burns them out. When you make millions and millions of dollars entitlement comes in and you just stop responding to someone riding you non stop who doesnt make 1/3rd your salary.

shep33
04-05-2012, 08:34 PM
Hey Howard, knock it off!

Only the Lakers are allowed to have off court dramas:p
Well, actually we have our own anyways.

Wow. I think D12's wicked as a player, but I actually feel bad for Orlando fans and team. At first I thought it was just more media bull******* trying to stir stuff up until I heard SVG on ESPN. How awkward was that press conference?
Uncomfortable to watch.

Bummer. especially after that city and organization (even psd'ers here) stayed loyal through the whole trade debacle.

Totally, the Magic fans don't deserve this nonsense

Mcdoh
04-05-2012, 09:10 PM
props to hedo and anderson they are not scared at howard.. unlike those magic player comment name.. :D i dont know much but i think SVG is a good coach to the magic team... i also think either way fire or not fire SVG howard will still walk away..isnt the only reason he stay is because of the addidas deal something...

ManRam
04-05-2012, 09:16 PM
:laugh:

It's been rumored for months now that the locker room isn't very pro-Dwight. Around the trade deadline many people came out and said that Jameer is really the only person he talks to regularly...the rest kind of give him the cold shoulder and rightfully so.

I have no problem if this is true. He's acting like a spoiled brat. He's thrown literally everyone under the bus at various points this season. He's an awful leader. He's made this season infinitely harder on all of them.

Sure, he's the face of the franchise...doesn't mean he can act like a 3 year old all the time.

The funniest part to me is that he was pouting today because he felt Stan threw him under the bus. The irony is beautiful.

reffahead
04-05-2012, 09:25 PM
Hawks fans are laughing at Poorlando. The Southeast division was considered the toughest in the NBA and now look at us.

5ass
04-05-2012, 09:45 PM

It's been rumored for months now that the locker room isn't very pro-Dwight. Around the trade deadline many people came out and said that Jameer is really the only person he talks to regularly...the rest kind of give him the cold shoulder and rightfully so.

I have no problem if this is true. He's acting like a spoiled brat. He's thrown literally everyone under the bus at various points this season. He's an awful leader. He's made this season infinitely harder on all of them.

Sure, he's the face of the franchise...doesn't mean he can act like a 3 year old all the time.

The funniest part to me is that he was pouting today because he felt Stan threw him under the bus. The irony is beautiful.

Even with all that. I'd rather fire Stan, Smith, and get rid of every single player (except Howard and Anderson), so basically all the scrubs to try and keep Howard. We'll have a better chance at building an actual contender. I know what Dwight has done can never be undone, but if we build a legit contender, winning cures all. We'll forget everything that happened within months. Im curious to know what you would do ManRam.

Raph12
04-05-2012, 10:06 PM

Yes but those players were very professional about it, they kept lockeroom matters in the lockeroom. Someone told Stan that Dwight wanted him fired and Stan told the media... Result; Magic 80 - Knicks 96

In other news; after giving up 100 FREAKING POINTS IN THE PAINT in the two games Dwight missed, they hold the Knicks to just 28pts in the paint.

That's why you flip the whole roster for him if he asks you to; if the Magic wanted to keep him, that's over and if they wanted to keep relevant after he's gone, without Stan that's over as well... Result; Lose-Lose situation.

ManRam
04-05-2012, 10:10 PM
Yes but those players were very professional about it, they kept lockeroom matters in the lockeroom. Someone told Stan that Dwight wanted him fired and Stan told the media... Result; Magic 80 - Knicks 96

In other news; after giving up 100 FREAKING POINTS IN THE PAINT in the two games Dwight missed, they hold the Knicks to just 28pts in the paint (24 with Dwight on the floor).

That's why you flip the whole roster for him if he asks you to; if the Magic wanted to keep him, that's over and if they wanted to keep relevant after he's gone, without Stan that's over as well... Result; Lose-Lose situation.

**** professionalism. What has Dwight done to deserve anything but the truth being told? Dwight doesn't deserve being babied and pampered. This team has some huge problems, and a huge elephant in the room. The elephant is noticable now...and that's fine. Stan will keep coaching the same...giving 100% effort. We'll see what Dwight does.

I'm glad Stan said it. I don't give one **** about the result tonight. Stan's getting dicked over again...and told it how it is. This team needs to address their problems and grow from it. If they can't, we're doomed.

He's a player. You weren't a Magic fan 2 years ago...so maybe we think differently because of that. I care about the jersey the player wears a lot more than the player wearing it. I don't want to cater to a baby...a baby who knows nothing about basketball. He's holding this team hostage. He's made everyone's lives miserable...just because he's a spoiled brat who isn't happy.

Raph12
04-05-2012, 10:32 PM

**** professionalism. What has Dwight done to deserve anything but the truth being told? Dwight doesn't deserve being babied and pampered. This team has some huge problems, and a huge elephant in the room. The elephant is noticable now...and that's fine. Stan will keep coaching the same...giving 100% effort. We'll see what Dwight does.

I'm glad Stan said it. I don't give one **** about the result tonight. Stan's getting dicked over again...and told it how it is. This team needs to address their problems and grow from it. If they can't, we're doomed.

He's a player. You weren't a Magic fan 2 years ago...so maybe we think differently because of that. I care about the jersey the player wears a lot more than the player wearing it. I don't want to cater to a baby...a baby who knows nothing about basketball. He's holding this team hostage. He's made everyone's lives miserable...just because he's a spoiled brat who isn't happy.

Dwight's a *****, that's a fact, he doesn't have the balls to own up to what he's said because he doesn't want to be hated. But for Stan to go public, before a nationally televised game and say "he said he wants me fired, someone in MGMT told me", that's extremely unprofessional of him. You're the coach, the leader and voice of this team, you claim to only care about how your team does on the floor? REALITY CHECK! Your team will not play well after information like that is revealed! They will not be focused on stopping Carmelo nor will they care to try and win this season.

He just put the franchise under the bus, saying there is a rat in the front office divulging private information and he openly called out his best player. Did he expect the Magic players to respond by playing their hearts out? Stan did this for himself and himself only. He wants to get fired, the Magic had lost 4 straight and are heading for chompy waters heading into the playoffs. He doesn't want to fail in the playoffs again and be part of the reason why Dwight leaves Orlando.

He's just getting off of the sinking ship while he has a chance and he's doing it by making himself look like the victim. The captain who took all the praise for keeping the lockeroom together and the Magic focused all season, just abandoned ship and took the last life-raft when he saw the iceberg ahead... He's just saving his own ***, Stan couldn't give a **** if the Magic win or lose anymore, he wants out.

I find it funny that as a mod, you like to bait and troll like some other idiots on this forum with that "You weren't a Magic fan 2 years ago" comment... Pathetic Manram, just pathetic.

iamsteel
04-05-2012, 10:38 PM
That's what Orlando gets for not trading him and getting some really nice pieces back before. There could be some superstars in this draft, and they could have had some awesome picks, plus some solid veterans/ prospects in return. Its like if your girlfriend says she really likes this other guy better, but she'll stay with you for another year. Time to move on.

Valkyrie
04-05-2012, 10:41 PM
lol

He115ing
04-05-2012, 10:44 PM
LOL please just lose tonight.

Wish granted!!!!

justinnum1
04-05-2012, 10:48 PM
SVG got the same thing in miami, shaq forced him out and SVG was humiliated in a press conference...saying he wants to spend time with his family:rolleyes:

Good for SVG getting this out in the open, he knows he is gone soon, but he isnt going down without letting it be known whats really going on

Yanks All Day
04-05-2012, 10:50 PM
Here's what it comes down to. Dwight doesn't want to be in Orlando with this team. He wants to either have his say on where he goes in free agency without getting traded to a bad team that has to gut the roster to acquire him or have the Magic cater to his demands and build a team he wants. The only problem: Orlando has no pieces to move for another star, nor does it have cap room. The easiest thing to do is start a gut of the roster and call it rebuilding, starting with the coach. In reality, they're just clinging onto hopes Dwight will stay past next season. Orlando should have shipped him out when they got the chance this deadline, because the ending situation just seems to be written on the walls: The Magic fire a great coach in SVG this year, and either lose Dwight next year in free agency or get a worse package from a team knowing he is prepared to leave, resulting in Orlando having no cap room, no trade assets, and a ton of "what-ifs." Dwight should have been traded this year.

ManRam
04-05-2012, 10:51 PM
Dwight's a *****, that's a fact, he doesn't have the balls to own up to what he's said because he doesn't want to be hated. But for Stan to go public, before a nationally televised game and say "he said he wants me fired, someone in MGMT told me", that's extremely unprofessional of him. You're the coach, the leader and voice of this team, you claim to only care about how your team does on the floor? REALITY CHECK! Your team will not play well after information like that is revealed! They will not be focused on stopping Carmelo nor will they care to try and win this season.

He just put the franchise under the bus, saying there is a rat in the front office divulging private information and he openly called out his best player. Did he expect the Magic players to respond by playing their hearts out? Stan did this for himself and himself only. He wants to get fired, the Magic had lost 4 straight and are heading for chompy waters heading into the playoffs. He doesn't want to fail in the playoffs again and be part of the reason why Dwight leaves Orlando.

He's just getting off of the sinking ship while he has a chance and he's doing it by making himself look like the victim. The captain who took all the praise for keeping the lockeroom together and the Magic focused all season, just abandoned ship and took the last life-raft when he saw the iceberg ahead... He's just saving his own ***, Stan couldn't give a **** if the Magic win or lose anymore, he wants out.

I find it funny that as a mod, you like to bait and troll like some other idiots on this forum with that "You weren't a Magic fan 2 years ago" comment... Pathetic Manram, just pathetic.

Nothing I said was baiting. I'm upset as a Magic fan. I've been a fan of this team since as long as I can remember. I dealt with all the T-Mac years...and saw how a great player on a bad team SHOULD play and act.

It wasn't a dig at you, it's just what it is. You're no less of a fan than I am, not at all. You probably know more about the game than I do...and you're as passionate about what you like than anyone. We just come from different perspectives here...is that not the truth? We won't agree here, because we have slightly different roots.

If you don't want to play for Orlando and you want to be spoiled like any 13 year old girl would...well...I'm not going to be too fond of you. He's acted as poorly as anyone could have ever acted...and I don't like it. Period. I'm sorry. I love this team...and no one player is bigger than it.

I don't care if Stan did it for himself and himself only. He's the only person on this team, besides maybe JJ (who always says the right thing and actually seems to care about winning) who gives 100% effort all the time. He's the only one who comes into work everyday with the right motives and he's had to deal with all the ****. All he wants to do is win, and all he asks is for excellence.

He's getting dealt beyond an awful hand here. He's being dicked over again, and I don't blame him one bit for finally saying something. He deserves better than what he's getting...unlike Dwight. Dwight wanted him gone?!?! Not ****. We all knew it. He got it off his shoulders and it's time to move on. I KNOW he will, but will the adolescents on this team?? Doubtful.

I just don't care. Dwight got exposed, so be it. He's a clown...and deserved to be exposed. If you want to pull ALL THE STRINGS, well, you better be ready for the backlash.

The Magic will choose Dwight over SVG 10 times out of 10...and I don't blame them. I just think it's ******.

torocan
04-05-2012, 11:00 PM
Amazes me the people coming out to support Dwight.

The guy threw his team mates under the bus, tried to throw the coach under the bus, tried to throw his whole team under the bus in that whole trade fiasco.

If he really gave a crap about Orlando, he would have signed a 2-3 year contract instead of guaranteeing that the Magic will go through the same drama AGAIN next year.

Him wanting to get rid of SVG would have sat ALOT better if he'd actually COMMITTED to Orlando. Sign for 3 years, then maybe the complaints about getting rid of a very good coach will sound a little less slimey.

The Magic could *barely* keep Dwight for another year, after they supposedly promised to get rid of SVG.

What makes any Magic fan they have the slightest chance of keeping Dwight after next year? What do you think he'll ask for NEXT year? Even if you get a new coach, what makes you think he won't pull the same crap next year? And then take off somewhere else?

Do we have any idea why SVG called Dwight out? No.

Maybe he got sick of the BS/PR machine.
Maybe he got sick of the cheap backstabbing by a player he poured years of his life into.
Maybe he was standing up for the members of the team who dislike Dwight, but can't risk standing up and saying something.

We don't know why SVG did it, and I doubt we will until he writes a memoir or he leaves the Magic.

What we DO know is that SVG will stick it out another 5 or 10 years with the Magic if the Magic want him. We also know that he's an accomplished coach, got the Magic pretty darn far with limited tools, and has a heck of a coaching WIN record.

Dwight put Orlando through hell telling them he was going to leave this year, and looks like you'll just get Round 2 next year.

I wonder what the Magic could have gotten for Dwight with the amazing new draft class coming?

I bet it would have been a seriously interesting team. Instead, you get a player who doesn't even want to be there, with a dysfunctional locker room, with no indication he'll be around by the end of next year.

Good luck Magic fans. You'll need it.

Teeboy1487
04-05-2012, 11:03 PM
I still don't see why Dwight is getting all the blame when SVG basically caused all of this.

Dwight is wrong no question and he's acting like a total *** but SVG didn't have to open his mouth especially if he did indeed knew this the whole year. He let his frustration in the losing streak get the best of him.

Dwight was hugging him and had calmed down, but he was the snitch that caused this fire storm.

SVG has to be fired tomorrow. He could have denied it and dodged the question. He threw Dwight under the bus and it's beyong repair at this point. He has to be fired right now.

Raph12
04-05-2012, 11:09 PM
Nothing I said was baiting. I'm upset as a Magic fan. I've been a fan of this team since as long as I can remember. I dealt with all the T-Mac years...and saw how a great player on a bad team SHOULD play and act.

It wasn't a dig at you, it's just what it is. You're no less of a fan than I am, not at all. You probably know more about the game than I do...and you're as passionate about what you like than anyone. We just come from different perspectives here...is that not the truth? We won't agree here, because we have slightly different roots.

If you don't want to play for Orlando and you want to be spoiled like any 13 year old girl would...well...I'm not going to be too fond of you. He's acted as poorly as anyone could have ever acted...and I don't like it. Period. I'm sorry. I love this team...and no one player is bigger than it.

Sorry, I just took that comment in your post to be a jab at me. I was a Magic fan growing up, Shaq was my favorite player, I watched him with my dad in the Finals, one of my favorite memories of my childhood. When he left us, I was devastated, eventually my parents got divorced and I moved to Toronto. I'm not going to lie, I wasn't passionate about the Magic during those years, even with TMac; but I saw immediate potential in Dwight. When we got Shard I was ecstatic because I followed him and Ray in Seattle. Dwight brought me back to Magic basketball and I've seen about 70-ish games a year since he was drafted... When you said I just became a fan two years ago, I was offended, but I can see you were just being passionate like I was.

It's not so much that I believe Dwight should be held higher than the team, it's that I've seen what happens with us and "superstar" players in the past. I posted a thread on this a while back, saying we needed to do something or we'd lose Dwight; http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=503488

Everyone thought I was crazy, but I saw it coming; hearing the stuff Stan said only brings me closer to the realization that Dwight won't be in Orlando for much longer. I mean Stan put the whole organization under the bus with his statement today, Dwight knows he can't trust anyone and the fans hate him... I guess I'll just have to come to terms with knowing he'll no longer be in Orlando.

I don't care if Stan did it for himself and himself only. He's the only person on this team, besides maybe JJ (who always says the right thing and actually seems to care about winning) who gives 100% effort all the time. He's the only one who comes into work everyday with the right motives and he's had to deal with all the ****. All he wants to do is win, and all he asks is for excellence.

He's getting dealt beyond an awful hand here. He's being dicked over again, and I don't blame him one bit for finally saying something. He deserves better than what he's getting...unlike Dwight. Dwight wanted him gone?!?! Not ****. We all knew it. He got it off his shoulders and it's time to move on. I KNOW he will, but will the adolescents on this team?? Doubtful.

I just don't care. Dwight got exposed, so be it. He's a clown...and deserved to be exposed. If you want to pull ALL THE STRINGS, well, you better be ready for the backlash.

The Magic will choose Dwight over SVG 10 times out of 10...and I don't blame them. I just think it's ******.

Yes he exposed Dwight, but at what cost? Couldn't he have done this same thing at the press conference after the Magic get eliminated? As the team's leader, he knew something like this would rip the roster apart, he did it so he'd come off as the victim.

He did only what was right for him and although I might have done the same thing in his shoes, I don't stand by it. He did this organization dirty and it was very unprofessional, if I'm a star player in this league, I wouldn't want to play for him.

akagiredsuns
04-05-2012, 11:10 PM
Makes me happy that Howard didn't go to the Bulls. I don't care how good he is the guy is a damn cancer on the Magic right now. And it's not the players around him that are keeping the Magic from going far, it's Dwight himself. Notice how much Denver improved after Melo was traded. ORL needs to do the same. They can build a strong core and get a solid all star type player and IMO could be a 6 or 7 while the pieces come in place. I have lost all respect for D12. Who would want him knowing the drama that he brings?

ManRam
04-05-2012, 11:16 PM
Sorry, I just took that comment in your post to be a jab at me. I was a Magic fan growing up, Shaq was my favorite player, I watched him with my dad in the Finals, one of my favorite memories of my childhood. When he left us, I was devastated, eventually my parents got divorced and I moved to Toronto. I'm not going to lie, I wasn't passionate about the Magic during those years, even with TMac; but I saw immediate potential in Dwight. When we got Shard I was ecstatic because I followed him and Ray in Seattle. Dwight brought me back to Magic basketball and I've seen about 70-ish games a year since he was drafted... When you said I just became a fan two years ago, I was offended, but I can see you were just being passionate like I was.

It's not so much that I believe Dwight should be held higher than the team, it's that I've seen what happens with us and "superstar" players in the past. I posted a thread on this a while back, saying we needed to do something or we'd lose Dwight; http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=503488

Everyone thought I was crazy, but I saw it coming; hearing the stuff Stan said only brings me closer to the realization that Dwight won't be in Orlando for much longer. I mean Stan put the whole organization under the bus with his statement today, Dwight knows he can't trust anyone and the fans hate him... I guess I'll just have to come to terms with knowing he'll no longer be in Orlando.

Yes he exposed Dwight, but at what cost? Couldn't he have done this same thing at the press conference after the Magic get eliminated? As the team's leader, he knew something like this would rip the roster apart, he did it so he'd come off as the victim.

He did only what was right for him and although I might have done the same thing in his shoes, I don't stand by it. He did this organization dirty and it was very unprofessional, if I'm a star player in this league, I wouldn't want to play for him.

No problem. That was an unnecessary comment I made. No fan needs to justify their fandom. You're a fan, or you aren't. Doesn't matter to me what anyone's credentials are.

At what cost? We'll find out. If Dwight bails on the team, well, that's on him. I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the team rallies (it didn't show tonight, that's for sure)... because it does sound like a lot of them are loyal to Stan and were really fed up with it all. It could have been purely selfish...I don't know. Maybe he knows the locker room better than all of us and this is some calculated effort to rally the troops, and maybe light a fire under Dwight. I don't know. Maybe he knows he's in a lose-lose situation, and unlike what happened in Miami, he's going down with no truth left unsaid. I don't know his motives...hopefully it doesn't set us back (hard to set a team back more after losing 4 in a row).

We'll find out. Maybe I'm hypocritical when I have no problem with this and had such a problem with pretty much everything Dwight has done...I don't know. But SVG got dealt a **** hand this season, has done an admirable job, and what's to show? Nothing.

Gonna be an interesting final 3+ weeks of the regular season. Hopefully we can get back to where we were 3 weeks ago.

Raph12
04-05-2012, 11:22 PM
No problem. That was an unnecessary comment I made. No fan needs to justify their fandom. You're a fan, or you aren't. Doesn't matter to me what anyone's credentials are.

At what cost? We'll find out. If Dwight bails on the team, well, that's on him. I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the team rallies (it didn't show tonight, that's for sure)... because it does sound like a lot of them are loyal to Stan and were really fed up with it all. It could have been purely selfish...I don't know. Maybe he knows the locker room better than all of us and this is some calculated effort to rally the troops, and maybe light a fire under Dwight. I don't know. Maybe he knows he's in a lose-lose situation, and unlike what happened in Miami, he's going down with no truth left unsaid. I don't know his motives...hopefully it doesn't set us back (hard to set a team back more after losing 4 in a row).

We'll find out. Maybe I'm hypocritical when I have no problem with this and had such a problem with pretty much everything Dwight has done...I don't know. But SVG got dealt a **** hand this season, has done an admirable job, and what's to show? Nothing.

Gonna be an interesting final 3+ weeks of the regular season. Hopefully we can get back to where we were 3 weeks ago.

No worries man, we don't always see eye-to-eye on everything, but we can agree on one thing; we both want the Magic to win. I really hope we take this punch in the face, look as tonight's game to be rock-bottom and just come out with 100% effort from here on out.

Here's to finishing the season strong. :cheers:

By the way, this is the last post I will address the "Dwama" in and unlike Dwight, I will just keep quiet about the off-court stuff and just do my job (root for my team) when they're on the floor.

Giraffes Rule
04-05-2012, 11:22 PM
Good luck getting a better coach than Stan Van Gundy to put up with all your ******** for another year, Dwight. Why would anyone want to coach him now?

TylerSL
04-06-2012, 01:04 AM
I would too if I were a Magic player. I also think the fans are foolish for not booing the absolute **** out of Howard. Howard IMO needs to booed just as much as Lebron was in his return to Cleveland in December 2010. If the fans would grow a pair and do this, it may force Howard to realize that he has been a complete *******.

Howard will always pull this **** as long as he is in Orlando and because of this, I already know what the outcome of this whole debacle will be. The Orlando Magic will stumble the rest of the season and end up being a 6 seed (behind Celtics, 76ers, and Pacers in that order). They will lose in the first round of the playoffs to Boston. In the offseason Howard will go on a tirade and force Orlando to fire both Otis Smith and Stan Van Gundy. He will want Orlando to hire Vinny Del Negro who will be fired by the Clippers when they also lose in the first round. He will continue to want players such as Glen Davis, Hedo, and VC on his team. Which Orlando will honor his wishes and continue to trade for those guys. The Magic will also fail to bring D-Will to Orlando because he will not want to deal with the baggage Howard brings. The Magic will enter next season just as much of a mess as they will end this season. They will make the playoffs again next season (because doesnt everybody make the playoffs in the East?) and again lose in Round 1. After this, Howard will pack his bags and probably sign with Dallas. Orlando will have fired both Otis Smith and Stan Van Gundy, and continue to have made dumb trades for below average players who are overpaid to sway Howard to return. Once he leaves, Orlando will be worse off than Cleveland was when Lebron left.

sunsfan88
04-06-2012, 02:59 AM
Honestly, does anyone else think that right now the best thing for Dwight is to just retire, let Orlando play this season out and then come back from retirement on the 1st day of the next season and have the Magic trade him to Brooklyn?

Shareeb_omac2
04-06-2012, 03:14 AM
I'm really starting to not like Howard. I was a huge fan of his after his rookie year which is the sad part.

TheWhiteMamba
04-06-2012, 03:39 AM
So Dwight wants SVG fired even though he's gonna demand a trade or leave them anyway? Dwight is a ****ing joke. Cant believe how immature and selfish he has become. TBH i think i dislike him more than Lebron and/or the Knicks.

jabbar23327
04-06-2012, 03:48 AM
Howard's behaviour is totally unprofessional..Don't understand how a franchise could build something serious around that clown..

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-06-2012, 05:04 AM

Dwight doesn't give a horse's **** about you Magic fans.

ldawg
04-06-2012, 07:27 AM
Magic should have traded Howard for Bynum, one spoil brat for a another. Howard has single handed ruin the Magic. He wants to run the team and pick players, he wants coach fired and pick his coach, he puts his teammates under the bus, he wants to be traded. This is one confused young man. Is he ok, he is starting to seem a bit off.

JJ_JKidd
04-06-2012, 08:30 AM
So basically Dwight stayed but Magic management should follow whatever he says including firing Stan (who is one of the worst coaches ive seen).

PlayDPlease
04-06-2012, 08:31 AM
Send D12 to this website to load up on supplies ...

http://www.thecostumer.com/c-3571-clown-and-mime-makeup.aspx?gclid=COeet5ydoK8CFYbe4AodSDtTZQ

BSardogan
04-06-2012, 08:40 AM
I love how one offseason can turn heroes into the most hated players on the planet. You would think a grown-up would've learned from LeBron, but Dwight might've ****** up even more.

oak2455
04-06-2012, 08:41 AM
Who wants Dwight now? And I'm sorry Stan hurt this team even more coming and saying this now.....bad move both ways.... Ohhhh and The Magic screwed this up bigtime !!!! Complete **** up

RowBTrice
04-06-2012, 09:01 AM
I thought I heard that Dwight made this request a while ago, not just yesterday or something. SVG just leaked the information recently, but Dwight actually asking for him to be fired happened a while ago. Is that correct?

DR_1
04-06-2012, 09:43 AM
D12 has the worst timing with this crap. Why not address the coaching situation in the off-season?

Duh

Jarvo
04-06-2012, 09:49 AM
The players should stand up and say if you want him gone trade us all.

* I mean they cant trade them all right?*

AddiX
04-06-2012, 10:14 AM
Damn, Dwight went all marbury on his team.

It's nice to see this nonsense happening to a team not named the Knicks for once...

justinnum1
04-06-2012, 10:15 AM
I thought I heard that Dwight made this request a while ago, not just yesterday or something. SVG just leaked the information recently, but Dwight actually asking for him to be fired happened a while ago. Is that correct?

Yea, but i think SVG recently was told by management that it was true...

macc
04-06-2012, 10:43 AM

Raph, no offense but you need to take your Dwight homer glasses off. Everyone here knows you're a Dwight fan first and then Magic second so all your posts are completely bias.

You make a huge deal over Stan being honest (as he ALWAYS is) and tells it like it is. He doesn't give a political answere. After a while all the talk just gets old and last night was his release. I'm happy he said it. Though if you're this mad for Stan making this ONE comment, then how can you stand by Dwight at all with all the flip flopping he does on a daily basis?

Everyone here has supported Dwight, prob longer then they should but if you have eyes you'll see he's a baby who needs his ego stroked on a daily basis. The guy has been in the league to long to be acting that way. He thinks he's bigger then the team.

If Stan said half of the things Dwight said he would be conisdered the worst coach in NBA history.

People complain about these premadonna NBA players running there team but in the next sentence people say we should fire everyone but Dwight just to make him happy. That is the pathetic thing. No one player is bigger then the team. We've had Shaq, Penny, T Mac and now Dwight, he isn't the first superstar on our team and won't be the last. I want somone like a Duncan, Rose, Durrant, Dirk, who loves their city and sticks with their team.

Sorry but it's tough for me to completely support somone who is sooo mentally weak. His mentality on our team changes from game to game. Think about how sad that is.

D12 fan
04-06-2012, 10:47 AM

It's nice to see this nonsense happening to a team not named the Knicks for once...

What,you do know Carmelo got Dantoni fired right.

Weezy
04-06-2012, 10:51 AM

I thought they kind of booed him in the Knicks magic game? He deserved it..this guy has become a clown. I have a lot of respect for SVG...but he has lost Dwight. SVG is good as gone before Dwight leaves and why should SVG care? He is a good coach and he sill get a job quite soon.

Weezy
04-06-2012, 10:53 AM
What,you do know Carmelo got Dantoni fired right.

It's a similar situation but Mike kind of lost most of the team at that point IMO. At least it was done sooner than freaken 3 weeks before playoffs.

oak2455
04-06-2012, 11:05 AM
Magic organization is ballsless .....why would they tell Stan now what Howard said in private.......makes zero sense.....also Stan is weak for telling the reporters that....sorry if thats the case tell everything that he knows... about the org....the players( what said about other players) and so on

justinnum1
04-06-2012, 11:31 AM
windhorst
Dwyane Wade on situation in Orlando: "That's not my soap opera to watch."

DLeeicious
04-06-2012, 11:52 AM

Good post.

Missing56&33
04-06-2012, 12:43 PM
It was ridiculous that Howard didn't score until late in the 3rd last night. I feel bad for Magic fans,they are the ones that will suffer.

He115ing
04-06-2012, 12:59 PM

Lmao... so true!

Raph12
04-06-2012, 02:02 PM
Raph, no offense but you need to take your Dwight homer glasses off. Everyone here knows you're a Dwight fan first and then Magic second so all your posts are completely bias.

You make a huge deal over Stan being honest (as he ALWAYS is) and tells it like it is. He doesn't give a political answere. After a while all the talk just gets old and last night was his release. I'm happy he said it. Though if you're this mad for Stan making this ONE comment, then how can you stand by Dwight at all with all the flip flopping he does on a daily basis?

Everyone here has supported Dwight, prob longer then they should but if you have eyes you'll see he's a baby who needs his ego stroked on a daily basis. The guy has been in the league to long to be acting that way. He thinks he's bigger then the team.

If Stan said half of the things Dwight said he would be conisdered the worst coach in NBA history.

People complain about these premadonna NBA players running there team but in the next sentence people say we should fire everyone but Dwight just to make him happy. That is the pathetic thing. No one player is bigger then the team. We've had Shaq, Penny, T Mac and now Dwight, he isn't the first superstar on our team and won't be the last. I want somone like a Duncan, Rose, Durrant, Dirk, who loves their city and sticks with their team.

Sorry but it's tough for me to completely support somone who is sooo mentally weak. His mentality on our team changes from game to game. Think about how sad that is.

Listen, Dwight's a ***** no doubt, but Stan just screwed over the entire franchise... He just guaranteed Dwight's departure and he made the FO look like **** by divulging information from a private conversation they had with Dwight. Do you really think any star player will want to play for the Magic anymore? Do you think any star player respects Stan anymore?

All of the journalists are writing about how good it was that Stan said that, but if you look at the players in the media (like Chuck, Kenny and Shaq on TNT), they ridicule Stan. If I'm a player or an organization, I know I wouldn't want our dirty laundry aired out like it was.

Dwight's a *****, but Stan shouldn't have gone public with it, atleast not right now, he could've said this after the playoffs.

unleashthebeast
04-06-2012, 02:04 PM
windhorst

LOL, you have to love wade. That is awesome.

thaShady
04-06-2012, 02:08 PM

its not stan's fault....he has put up with more BS than any coach I can remember in recent history.

DoubleDragon
04-06-2012, 04:12 PM

Spot on! ManRam's got my vote for Prez:D

uprightciti
04-06-2012, 04:29 PM
he will be dealt to the brooklyn nets for #16 pick and a package of lopez and a few others on draft night

LASportsFan1996
04-06-2012, 09:41 PM
:facepalm: Great Job D12

boolish
04-06-2012, 11:37 PM
Listen, Dwight's a ***** no doubt, but Stan just screwed over the entire franchise... He just guaranteed Dwight's departure and he made the FO look like **** by divulging information from a private conversation they had with Dwight. Do you really think any star player will want to play for the Magic anymore? Do you think any star player respects Stan anymore?

All of the journalists are writing about how good it was that Stan said that, but if you look at the players in the media (like Chuck, Kenny and Shaq on TNT), they ridicule Stan. If I'm a player or an organization, I know I wouldn't want our dirty laundry aired out like it was.

Dwight's a *****, but Stan shouldn't have gone public with it, atleast not right now, he could've said this after the playoffs.

no he guaranteed his own departure, either this week or right after they lose first round of the playoffs. this was SVG giving the Magic the finger for letting a 25 year old play mini me GM. DH is staying and SVG is leaving. DH won this battle and SVG will be moving on. The magic are going to choose DH over SVG. That's just the way they roll and it's how it's always been in the NBA. MJ wanted DC fired and that's what happened. But get this, DH is so mixed up that he is going to put the magic through all this BS again next year!

kobebabe
04-07-2012, 01:58 AM
and you thought Lebron was a douche???

kingsdelez24
04-07-2012, 02:13 AM
I wonder what dwights autobiography would be like when he retires

I bet he'll say that the papers blew it all up

John Walls Era
04-07-2012, 02:38 AM
SVG probably shouldn't have gone public with this.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-07-2012, 03:50 AM
SVG probably shouldn't have gone public with this.

Why not? Enough of this politically correct PR world **** that's going on with people trying to save face. It does nothing at the end of the day. If Dwight can go on his rampage, then Stan has every right to do whatever the hell he wants to do.

blastmasta26
04-07-2012, 03:59 AM
I wonder what dwights autobiography would be like when he retires

I bet he'll say that the papers blew it all up
If Dwight ever decided to write an autobiography, he would probably have hundreds of rough drafts and flip-flop over which one to use.

John Walls Era
04-07-2012, 04:10 AM
Why not? Enough of this politically correct PR world **** that's going on with people trying to save face. It does nothing at the end of the day. If Dwight can go on his rampage, then Stan has every right to do whatever the hell he wants to do.

Because it affects his teammates, the fans and the rest of the coaching staff. The Magic were in 3rd place just not so long ago. This has nothing to do with saving face, its about winning. Its asinine to think coaches should report to the public/media what is going on inside closed doors.

LAOwnsAll15
04-07-2012, 05:04 AM
Obviously Howard is just using this whole thing with SVG to get out of orlando. He has to know that the team is attached to the coach, So he asks for something that cant be done.

Now Orlando has their excuse to trade him. Howard comes off as the good guy because he gave Orlando a "choice" (which wasnt plausible) and Orlando's FA look like dumbasses for picking SVG over their franchise player.

effen5
04-07-2012, 10:24 AM
Good for svg **** d12 acting like a spoiled little ***** that he is. SVG come be an assistant with the bulls.

pd1dish
04-07-2012, 10:40 AM
somewhere, LeBron is going, "bahahahahahahahahaahahah"

yeah dwight never was a favorite player of mine just because he isnt that fun to watch but i always respected the fact that hes one of the few true centers left in the game and the most dominant defensive player in the league. however, im losing all of my respect for him even as a player because of all the antics that comes along with him and the lack of respect he shows to his teammates.

Raph12
04-07-2012, 03:55 PM
no he guaranteed his own departure, either this week or right after they lose first round of the playoffs. this was SVG giving the Magic the finger for letting a 25 year old play mini me GM. DH is staying and SVG is leaving. DH won this battle and SVG will be moving on. The magic are going to choose DH over SVG. That's just the way they roll and it's how it's always been in the NBA. MJ wanted DC fired and that's what happened. But get this, DH is so mixed up that he is going to put the magic through all this BS again next year!

Yes but now Dwight won't trust MGMT, they told Stan that Dwight wanted him gone, this move basically guarantees both leaving and the franchise being left with nothing.

ManningToTyree
04-07-2012, 04:20 PM
They should deal Howard in the offseason. No way he can survive there long term even if he wants to. Get rid of the distraction

naps
04-07-2012, 07:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPlTCdxzO5g

I am sure this ^ has been discussed plenty of times here but I just saw this clip and can't help but think Dwight is a true scumbag. I mean I can respect his decisions of leaving and picking his desired destination. But look at this clip and his face and his words. OMG! I feel really bad for Stan now. Dwight is the real villain. Specially his gesture in this clip is disgusting and makes me feel like shooting him in the balls.

I can only imagine what the locker room environment is now.

boolish
04-07-2012, 08:28 PM
Yes but now Dwight won't trust MGMT, they told Stan that Dwight wanted him gone, this move basically guarantees both leaving and the franchise being left with nothing.

MGMT didn't tell him. a friend in the front office told him. Again, dh wants him gone and he will be gone, after the season. In fact DH wants Otis gone too. DH is fine with the owner and CEO, who will get him the coach he wants and the GM he wants. DH may leave but it will be because he wants to leave not because of some so called betrayal.