PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant is on pace to record another history...

basketfan4life
04-05-2012, 01:58 PM
Still may be a little early to tell, but if he keeps his assisting pace up, in 2-3 seasons, he can become the first player to reach 30K points 6K rebounds and 6K asists. You can add 2K steals too if you want.

There have been better players in the history of the game for sure, but if he can do this, it's great consistency on his part and deserves a lot of praise.

rickshaw
04-05-2012, 02:04 PM
He's breaking histories all over the place

kobes2good
04-05-2012, 02:08 PM
how many assist does he have now?

tredigs
04-05-2012, 02:28 PM
So in 3 years he may reach an arbitrary number that you've deemed historical. Awesome.

C-Style
04-05-2012, 02:53 PM
Great... Him and Lebron will be the only 2 to hold that record for a very long time to come

king4day
04-05-2012, 02:54 PM
Pretty impressive. No one can say this guy didn't make the most out of his NBA career. Maybe the only legit statistic he didn't get was a quadruple double. Which I think he could have done.

basketfan4life
04-05-2012, 03:06 PM
So in 3 years he may reach an arbitrary number that you've deemed historical. Awesome.

i don't get why you act offended...and i wouldn't say arbitrary, it's never done it's a great feet.

Hawkeye15
04-05-2012, 03:16 PM
shows is longevity prime wise, and durability, the biggest things that put him in the top 10 ever for me.

tyfreaks brotha
04-05-2012, 03:18 PM
Well **** he's only been playing 50k years

Laces-Out
04-05-2012, 03:22 PM
Dude is a machine

nycsports2
04-05-2012, 03:23 PM

anyone else down for adding this guy to the biggest douche thread?

DaLakerz Rulz
04-05-2012, 03:27 PM
shows is longevity prime wise, and durability, the biggest things that put him in the top 10 ever for me.

Exactly. This is probably what I respect the most about his game.

naps
04-05-2012, 03:29 PM
Jordan doesn't have it. Kobe will.

Lakerfrk
04-05-2012, 03:32 PM
Wow... Oscar Robertson didn't do this?! Crazy...

Hawkeye15
04-05-2012, 03:37 PM
Exactly. This is probably what I respect the most about his game.

I get so much heat from Laker fans from pointing out his faults, and when I say things like that, I get zero credit haha. Being a top 4 player for 13 years is so freakin' hard. As I said, that, along with Kobe playing through any injury under the sun is the reason I respect his game, no matter how much I dislike him as a person or athlete personally.

sep11ie
04-05-2012, 03:40 PM
I love when histories happen

joe1nas
04-05-2012, 03:48 PM
[QUOTE=basketfan4life;21626858]Still may be a little early to tell, but if he keeps his assisting pace up, in 2-3 seasons, he can become the first player to reach 30K points 6K rebounds and 6K asists. You can add 2K steals too if you want.

There have been better players in the history of the game for sure, but if he can do this, it's great consistency on his part and deserves a lot of praise.[/Q

There has only been one player better

Hawkeye15
04-05-2012, 03:56 PM
[QUOTE=basketfan4life;21626858]Still may be a little early to tell, but if he keeps his assisting pace up, in 2-3 seasons, he can become the first player to reach 30K points 6K rebounds and 6K asists. You can add 2K steals too if you want.

There have been better players in the history of the game for sure, but if he can do this, it's great consistency on his part and deserves a lot of praise.[/Q

There has only been one player better

Than Kobe?

RaiderLakersA's
04-05-2012, 04:40 PM
Than Kobe?

Aw, hell, Hawk, don't start. You know how these things turn out. Let it go, man. Let it go.:D

Hawkeye15
04-05-2012, 04:50 PM
Aw, hell, Hawk, don't start. You know how these things turn out. Let it go, man. Let it go.:D

touche.

Bruno
04-05-2012, 04:52 PM
So in 3 years he may reach an arbitrary number that you've deemed historical. Awesome. lol, hater. :)

Raps08-09 Champ
04-05-2012, 04:59 PM
:laugh2:

Will he ever reach those assist numbers? He needs 600 more.

Cfrey
04-05-2012, 05:02 PM
lol lebron has about 600 less assists and he's missing about 7 years on kobe

RaiderLakersA's
04-05-2012, 05:12 PM

LeBron is not a 2-guard. Utterly pointless to compare the two.

And if you have a 2-guard that passes more than he shoots, you're probably looking to move him for a 2-guard who shoots.

I know the philosophy of the guard position overall is changing (I won't call it evolving) to the point that you can barely tell the PG's from the SG's, but let's try to keep some perspective.

Jenceman
04-05-2012, 05:15 PM

How is it arbitrary?

Kinda sad you're that much of a hater.

Hawkeye15
04-05-2012, 05:20 PM

And if you have a 2-guard that passes more than he shoots, you're probably looking to move him for a 2-guard who shoots.

I know the philosophy of the guard position overall is changing (I won't call it evolving) to the point that you can barely tell the PG's from the SG's, but let's try to keep some perspective.

Not sure its not comparable man. Obviously you would EXPECT LeBron to grab more rebounds over their careers, but if he ends up destroying Kobe in assists, and is right there in points, it is telling.

Not that it has anything to do with this particular thread though, so please don't think I am trying to start a Bron-Kobe comparison. That has been done.

HouRealCoach
04-05-2012, 05:25 PM
Jordan played 3 years in college played 18 games in his sophomore year because of injury, played just 17 games in 95 coming out of retirement, Skipped 94, 99, 00, & 01... That's nine seasons that Kobe has on Jordan, Just saying

basketfan4life
04-05-2012, 05:32 PM
Jordan played 3 years in college played 18 games in his sophomore year because of injury, played just 17 games in 95 coming out of retirement, Skipped 94, 99, 00, & 01... That's nine seasons that Kobe has on Jordan, Just saying

Man no one is saying Kobe is better than Jordon, the praise here is his consistency mostly, and you just explained it :)

basketfan4life
04-05-2012, 05:33 PM

what does this have to do with lebron ? come on people, you can not be this obsessed.

3RDASYSTEM
04-05-2012, 05:38 PM
A top 4 player for 13yrs? or more like a fringe top 10 since he 'started' full time in 2000? its so funny when i think of top 5-10 ever in any sport but especially especially basketball, that a backup guard can be considered so high regardless of 'longevity'...

hes a PIPPEN style player turned into a scoring version of MJ playing exactly like MJ(So thru media sources automatically makes him the 'closest' to MJ,duh right he took his entire style,amazing) ...playing injured on a loaded championship aspired squad is nothing(look at they record when they sat him during they last ring run, and if ya watched games they always maintain or increase lead when KOBE rests,they play better as a 'team' without him,minus this 2012 yr)..also tell me wats so amazing about PIPPEN besides being nice allaround player and fans/media screaming hes a top '50' player of all time..so whats makes a scoring version of PIPPEN, top 40 of all time?

Since he been a top 4 player for 13yrs HAWKEYE or whoever, when he started that ASG avg 15ppg in 1998 was he a top 4 player then or two yrs later? im just trying to figure how you can make such a jump 4yrs later.... to me MAGIC was MAGIC,BIRD was BIRD,SHAQ was SHAQ, AI was AI, LEBRON was LEBRON, WILT was WILT, ALCINDOR was ALCINDOR 4yrs later in career as same as 8yrs and so on

I've never seen no athlete dictate where they wanna play and ride the bench for yrs and then DEVELOPED into a FRANCHISE player and then was clearly ROBIN for his squads first 3 titles then magically morphs into BATMAN for his next ...athletes develop into franchise players? breaking news to me because i could of swore MAGIC was BATMAN and ALCINDOR was BATMAN also or HULK,pick

One of the biggest frontrunners in all of sports..and whoever wants proof, go check that youtube vid of his he made in that parking lot showing why he was way more PIPPEN than a JORDAN

This reminds me of BRADY debate, he was a 4th string QB who developed into a good qb ..KOBE was a backup guard who developed into a good SG, case closed,no rings could make them 'better' or 'greater' as individual players, thats like me saying i will be a better husband cause i got a ring and and my wife will be a better wifey ..we are who we are with or without the ring and also having 1 league MVP and 2 scoring titles in 16yrs is so far from elite status its absurd, so thats why the stupid 5 ring thing gets shoved in peoples face from media..to boost status falsely

KOBE was same player to me when he avg 7ppg, he played like JORDAN then and he do it now, had he stayed in HORNETLAND his scoring prowess would mean nothing because he wouldnt probably have 5 playoff app. let alone 5 rings like he does now, so in the end it all worked out for him,career wise..but i still call a spade a spade on individual player..he never carried a squad basically solo, well i take that back from 05-07, all the way to avg of like 41 wins per season til that youtube vid trade commercial he pulled off..so for 3yrs out of 16 he had to face a grind out season and didnt last his first full season without DIESEL in 05..wat a frontrunner

Cfrey
04-05-2012, 05:42 PM
what does this have to do with lebron ? come on people, you can not be this obsessed.

haha obsessed? I was simply just pointing something out

Cfrey
04-05-2012, 05:44 PM

So what? So what if LeBron isn't a 2 guard? That literally doesn't matter because what is separating him from being a 2 guard?? How he's listed in the starting lineup?? Is it because Spo has him listed as the SF?? Lol your point is literally garbage considering they average about the same amount of points per game while LeBron takes less shots and dishes out more assists.

Just because Kobe is listed as a 2 guard doesn't mean he couldn't have been a way better passer over his career lol

:facepalm:

RaiderLakersA's
04-05-2012, 05:52 PM
Not sure its not comparable man. Obviously you would EXPECT LeBron to grab more rebounds over their careers, but if he ends up destroying Kobe in assists, and is right there in points, it is telling.

Not that it has anything to do with this particular thread though, so please don't think I am trying to start a Bron-Kobe comparison. That has been done.

Well, yeah, it would say that they both are great players, in the same way that we can say that both MJ and Wilt were great pure scorers based on their average ppg.

RaiderLakersA's
04-05-2012, 05:56 PM
So what? So what if LeBron isn't a 2 guard? That literally doesn't matter because what is separating him from being a 2 guard?? How he's listed in the starting lineup?? Is it because Spo has him listed as the SF?? Lol your point is literally garbage considering they average about the same amount of points per game while LeBron takes less shots and dishes out more assists.

Just because Kobe is listed as a 2 guard doesn't mean he couldn't have been a way better passer over his career lol

:facepalm:

I'm not here to teach you b-ball dynamics, but trust me when I say that there is a reason why each position has a defined role and responsibilities. The fact that this salient point is completely lost on you tells me that you are definitely one A1 phenomenal garbage connoisseur. :D

Kevj77
04-05-2012, 08:05 PM
Kobe would pobably have better assist numbers if he hadn't played in the triangle for so long. His best year for assists was under Rudy T. and with a far worse supporting cast than when Shaq or Gasol were his team mates.

Ebbs
04-05-2012, 08:16 PM

:laugh:

Sactown
04-05-2012, 09:42 PM
I'm not here to teach you b-ball dynamics, but trust me when I say that there is a reason why each position has a defined role and responsibilities. The fact that this salient point is completely lost on you tells me that you are definitely one A1 phenomenal garbage connoisseur. :D

It has actually nothing to do with their perspective positions, but the offensive sets that are run.. LA has run the triangle throughout Kobe's entire career while Lebron has run the point forward in a more traditional offense.. although they ran those designed offenses to promote their stars best tendencies. If you're trying to say Kobe has nearly the same vision or ball skills as Lebron then you're blind by ignorance... Same goes for people saying Lebron has nearly the same footwork and killer mentality Kobe has. They're different players with different skill sets, Lebron has superior athleticism and has a higher ceiling than Kobe ever had and those are just facts.. will Lebron ever live up to the unlimited potential he has? That's yet to be seen

Cfrey
04-05-2012, 09:46 PM

lol right.. like i dont know kobes main role is too shoot cool bro

Angelus™
04-06-2012, 01:08 AM
Truly one of the greatest to ever play the game

SpaceJamJordans
04-06-2012, 01:15 AM
:laugh2:

Will he ever reach those assist numbers? He needs 600 more.

do you really like john cena?

flclfanman
04-06-2012, 01:29 AM
If Kobe gets this milestone, great props to him

BUT, people have to stop calling the guy consistent, far from it :laugh2:

all this shows is he's tenacious, since it looks like Kobe won't retire unless he's held at gunpoint :laugh:

LakersEaglesLA
04-06-2012, 02:01 AM
A top 4 player for 13yrs? or more like a fringe top 10 since he 'started' full time in 2000? its so funny when i think of top 5-10 ever in any sport but especially especially basketball, that a backup guard can be considered so high regardless of 'longevity'...

hes a PIPPEN style player turned into a scoring version of MJ playing exactly like MJ(So thru media sources automatically makes him the 'closest' to MJ,duh right he took his entire style,amazing) ...playing injured on a loaded championship aspired squad is nothing(look at they record when they sat him during they last ring run, and if ya watched games they always maintain or increase lead when KOBE rests,they play better as a 'team' without him,minus this 2012 yr)..also tell me wats so amazing about PIPPEN besides being nice allaround player and fans/media screaming hes a top '50' player of all time..so whats makes a scoring version of PIPPEN, top 40 of all time?

Since he been a top 4 player for 13yrs HAWKEYE or whoever, when he started that ASG avg 15ppg in 1998 was he a top 4 player then or two yrs later? im just trying to figure how you can make such a jump 4yrs later.... to me MAGIC was MAGIC,BIRD was BIRD,SHAQ was SHAQ, AI was AI, LEBRON was LEBRON, WILT was WILT, ALCINDOR was ALCINDOR 4yrs later in career as same as 8yrs and so on

I've never seen no athlete dictate where they wanna play and ride the bench for yrs and then DEVELOPED into a FRANCHISE player and then was clearly ROBIN for his squads first 3 titles then magically morphs into BATMAN for his next ...athletes develop into franchise players? breaking news to me because i could of swore MAGIC was BATMAN and ALCINDOR was BATMAN also or HULK,pick

One of the biggest frontrunners in all of sports..and whoever wants proof, go check that youtube vid of his he made in that parking lot showing why he was way more PIPPEN than a JORDAN

This reminds me of BRADY debate, he was a 4th string QB who developed into a good qb ..KOBE was a backup guard who developed into a good SG, case closed,no rings could make them 'better' or 'greater' as individual players, thats like me saying i will be a better husband cause i got a ring and and my wife will be a better wifey ..we are who we are with or without the ring and also having 1 league MVP and 2 scoring titles in 16yrs is so far from elite status its absurd, so thats why the stupid 5 ring thing gets shoved in peoples face from media..to boost status falsely

KOBE was same player to me when he avg 7ppg, he played like JORDAN then and he do it now, had he stayed in HORNETLAND his scoring prowess would mean nothing because he wouldnt probably have 5 playoff app. let alone 5 rings like he does now, so in the end it all worked out for him,career wise..but i still call a spade a spade on individual player..he never carried a squad basically solo, well i take that back from 05-07, all the way to avg of like 41 wins per season til that youtube vid trade commercial he pulled off..so for 3yrs out of 16 he had to face a grind out season and didnt last his first full season without DIESEL in 05..wat a frontrunner

Soooooo DUMB I cant waste my time saying anything else

jbeezy
04-06-2012, 02:02 AM
I love Kobe but I think he only has like 2 more good years left in him at most.

b@llhog24
04-06-2012, 03:18 AM
Soooooo DUMB I cant waste my time saying anything else

I can't believe you actually read that.

jchase3
04-06-2012, 03:22 AM
3RDASYSTEM, your post was a joke right? Has to be a joke...

Mcdoh
04-06-2012, 03:39 AM
good for kobe.. :D

Mr_Amaziing
04-06-2012, 03:27 PM
Kobe's a Legend

LASportsFan1996
04-06-2012, 09:41 PM
Kobe = The Man

3RDASYSTEM
04-09-2012, 03:16 PM
JCHASE3 and LAKERSEAGLESLA the joke is from your reply, how in the world can a documented statement get viewed as a joke? only from the fan of that person right

So KB8 didnt cry foul similar to FRANCIS not wanting to play for GRIZZ of VANCOUVER on draft day and hitch his ride to LAKERLAND after not wanting to get drafted and 'START' right off top for a superstar hungry franchise in CHARLOTTE? yes

he didnt go to LAKERLAND and backup JONES on regular season team but started in ASG avg 15ppg in 1998 after winning dunk contest in 97? so since wat im saying is a joke, did KB8 start because of hype or substance in ASG as shooting guard? it was hype then and its hype now, he just went from a backup guard to a good allstar guard...case closed, open eyes and quit being so sensitive to what happened.

good try to think i made this stuff up, and to think you guys are KB8 'the 81pt game' fans, not KB8 'the backup guard to EDDIE' turned starter

Last i checked EDDIE aint a first or 2nd ballot HOF caliber player, so wats excuse for him being a 3yr backup to this alltime great player?

Really a player is great cause of 5 rings? its like a lady or guy marrying 5x each and saying the ring on they finger made them a better hubby or wifey, well it sound that crazy to me to say it makes a player better in sports...individuals play the game and xzibit they talent/skillset,'teams win'em' and rings are the 'grownup' trophy we usta get at baseball/basketball leagues as youth players

How in the hell do you get swept 2x in 3yrs with modern day WILT and you're better or equal according to mass media than JORDAN now? thats when i realized he was vastly overrated as individual player(especially 05-07),but he accomplished or won rings early like a JETER/BRADY but was the ROBIN to SHAQ's HULK..

ask yourself this PSD how can someone so great ever be a ROBIN? they tried to pull that okie doke **** when LEBRON joined WADE but it was more SUPERMAN meets HULK ..its was no BATMAN to ROBIN like media fueled it...back then media didnt fuel anything, it was clearly HULK(shaq) and ROBIN(kb8) then ROBIN developed into something we have never seen(CHAPPELLE comedy) once 2000 got here or was it 2003 when he was talked about being best in league..2003 would make it his 7th season, wow he's the best after 7yrs in league and 3yrs as a full starter? a bunch of hype like i said, peace

Backing up EDDIE to me aint saying much about your game, are we talking potential or game? AI/LEBRON/SHAQ wouldnt backup no 'EDDIE's of Centers/SmallFowards/PointGuards for they first 3yrs ever, not in any era..especially not in this era and the reason why is quite simple...they too damn good as individual players

And hes the only player i can recall that play exactly like JORDAN and gets props for it thru media and those brainwashed, and then it heightens to he's the closest thing to MJ and blah blah, of course he is, he took everything from his walk/interview talk to his game....so yea he is a mirror image of JORDAN ..i 1000pct agree, dont mean you get props for that wack ****

If ya get in thru hype, you'll maintain and stay in thru hype and like i said he has 2 scoring titles and 1 NBA MVP(which should have went to CP3) in 16 seasons so i undestand why his people/media throw that 5ring thing out there to try and make it stick...his individual accomplishments aint that sick outside of 81pts and 62 thru 3qtrs...good scorer,but being a shooting guard its natural ya score/shoot right?

Its funny how someone other day made a thread about AI2 making ASG with like a 12ppg avg, but at least he isnt known for scoring, how in the world can a shooting guard start in any ASG in any CONFERENCE on 15ppg? but since AI2 aint got 5 rings he cant get away with it...wait a minute, how many rings did KB have in 1998? case closed

basketfan4life
04-09-2012, 04:41 PM
^
as dumb as it gets.

AIRMAR72
04-09-2012, 09:06 PM
JCHASE3 and LAKERSEAGLESLA the joke is from your reply, how in the world can a documented statement get viewed as a joke? only from the fan of that person right

So KB8 didnt cry foul similar to FRANCIS not wanting to play for GRIZZ of VANCOUVER on draft day and hitch his ride to LAKERLAND after not wanting to get drafted and 'START' right off top for a superstar hungry franchise in CHARLOTTE? yes

he didnt go to LAKERLAND and backup JONES on regular season team but started in ASG avg 15ppg in 1998 after winning dunk contest in 97? so since wat im saying is a joke, did KB8 start because of hype or substance in ASG as shooting guard? it was hype then and its hype now, he just went from a backup guard to a good allstar guard...case closed, open eyes and quit being so sensitive to what happened.

good try to think i made this stuff up, and to think you guys are KB8 'the 81pt game' fans, not KB8 'the backup guard to EDDIE' turned starter

Last i checked EDDIE aint a first or 2nd ballot HOF caliber player, so wats excuse for him being a 3yr backup to this alltime great player?

Really a player is great cause of 5 rings? its like a lady or guy marrying 5x each and saying the ring on they finger made them a better hubby or wifey, well it sound that crazy to me to say it makes a player better in sports...individuals play the game and xzibit they talent/skillset,'teams win'em' and rings are the 'grownup' trophy we usta get at baseball/basketball leagues as youth players

How in the hell do you get swept 2x in 3yrs with modern day WILT and you're better or equal according to mass media than JORDAN now? thats when i realized he was vastly overrated as individual player(especially 05-07),but he accomplished or won rings early like a JETER/BRADY but was the ROBIN to SHAQ's HULK..

ask yourself this PSD how can someone so great ever be a ROBIN? they tried to pull that okie doke **** when LEBRON joined WADE but it was more SUPERMAN meets HULK ..its was no BATMAN to ROBIN like media fueled it...back then media didnt fuel anything, it was clearly HULK(shaq) and ROBIN(kb8) then ROBIN developed into something we have never seen(CHAPPELLE comedy) once 2000 got here or was it 2003 when he was talked about being best in league..2003 would make it his 7th season, wow he's the best after 7yrs in league and 3yrs as a full starter? a bunch of hype like i said, peace

Backing up EDDIE to me aint saying much about your game, are we talking potential or game? AI/LEBRON/SHAQ wouldnt backup no 'EDDIE's of Centers/SmallFowards/PointGuards for they first 3yrs ever, not in any era..especially not in this era and the reason why is quite simple...they too damn good as individual players

And hes the only player i can recall that play exactly like JORDAN and gets props for it thru media and those brainwashed, and then it heightens to he's the closest thing to MJ and blah blah, of course he is, he took everything from his walk/interview talk to his game....so yea he is a mirror image of JORDAN ..i 1000pct agree, dont mean you get props for that wack ****

If ya get in thru hype, you'll maintain and stay in thru hype and like i said he has 2 scoring titles and 1 NBA MVP(which should have went to CP3) in 16 seasons so i undestand why his people/media throw that 5ring thing out there to try and make it stick...his individual accomplishments aint that sick outside of 81pts and 62 thru 3qtrs...good scorer,but being a shooting guard its natural ya score/shoot right?

Its funny how someone other day made a thread about AI2 making ASG with like a 12ppg avg, but at least he isnt known for scoring, how in the world can a shooting guard start in any ASG in any CONFERENCE on 15ppg? but since AI2 aint got 5 rings he cant get away with it...wait a minute, how many rings did KB have in 1998? case closed

Its clear you know the history on Tobe Cryant i meant Kobe Bryant thanks for sharing the truth

Bruno
04-09-2012, 09:40 PM

Its clear you know the history on Tobe Cryant i meant Kobe Bryant thanks for sharing the truth
:laugh2: thanks for that.

...dupes?

airforceones25
04-09-2012, 10:02 PM

I completely agree. Everyone is quick to call you a hater but it's the truth... Sure it's impressive what he's done but it is exactly that of what you described...

What's the difference from somebody saying Wilt is the only player with 100pts and 2ast in a game? Lol