PDA

View Full Version : Who's the Bigger Douche?

Cal827
04-05-2012, 01:19 PM
Dwight Howard

- He did opt in
- Trying to demand them to go after guys
- Demands coaches to be fired
- The whole season of his bipolar opinions on staying with the team
- Ripped his current teammates

Lebron James

- The Decision
- Comes off as arrogant; didn't apologize for the decision's aftrmath till late last season
- Left the team high and dry when it came to acquiring any talent for him as he didn't give them a full decision on whether or not he would stay.

Who do you guys think is worse? Personally, I think Dwight is, cause it seems like he is becoming a cancer in that locker room. He mocked the joining of superstars and then tried to force a trade to be with another star on another team. He used to be one of my favorite players, but not after this crap. :pity:

NYtilIdie
04-05-2012, 01:20 PM
C. Kobe Bryant

Follwed closely by Andrew Bynum.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-05-2012, 01:23 PM
Howard's a troll.

SpaceJamJordans
04-05-2012, 01:35 PM
Kevin Garnett

gotoHcarolina52
04-05-2012, 01:39 PM
Both can be absolutely insufferable at times, but in the Land of Douche, Dwight reigns supreme.

stipe1280
04-05-2012, 01:40 PM
Dwight does seem like a tool, but if he comes to Dallas next year, I think I can forgive him.

BullsFTW
04-05-2012, 01:43 PM
The bulls-eye is off LeBron, it's now pointing directly straight in Dwight's small head.

small head=small brain

Cal827
:laugh:

torocan
Hard to say at this point. I'd say they're right about in the same category.

Though Dwight's whining + weaselling has him moving up the charts fast.

Ask this question again in about a week.

MrfadeawayJB
04-05-2012, 01:45 PM
If they are both douches, the biggest one is obviously Dwight. Dudes like 6'11

Teeboy1487
04-05-2012, 01:47 PM
Kevin Garnett

PleaseBeNice
04-05-2012, 01:50 PM
Dwight. LeBron had every right to leave, and so did Dwight, but now Dwight is being a *****

smith&wesson
04-05-2012, 01:50 PM
Howard easily.

lebron has shut his mouth and played basketball. you dont here a peep from him. if howard was going to be such a drama queen he should have just left to a place where he would have been more happy and just shut up and play ball. but he didnt, he continues this crap for two seasons straight now.

He115ing
04-05-2012, 01:51 PM
Surprisingly I think Dwight has taken a lot of heat off of Lebron with this. He is not only being a douche but a complete idiot as well. I am not sure what is worse, if he would have left Orlando, or the fact that he is openly stating that he wants the coach fired. I mean even Melo never admitted it openly, even though it was pretty obvious.

lvlheaded
04-05-2012, 01:52 PM
Dwight. And I don't really like LeBron either. Dwight is just the king of all Douches

Baller1
04-05-2012, 01:53 PM
1. Kobe
2. Howard
3. Bynum
4. Griffin

justinnum1
04-05-2012, 01:54 PM
dwight and its not even close. Not close at all

1hardcore
04-05-2012, 02:02 PM
When you are one of the richest player in the NBA ... usually they become douche bags

BullsFTW
04-05-2012, 02:12 PM

This is just sad because when Dwight was a rookie, his mission was to help spread the word of God as a player.

Howard said that he wanted to use his NBA career and Christian faith to "raise the name of God within the league and throughout the world"

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1769153

Cal827
04-05-2012, 02:15 PM
This is just sad because when Dwight was a rookie, his mission was to help spread the word of God as a player.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1769153

Spread the word of god? Well I guess we all should have seen this coming then lol

Anyways, for the people picking Lebron, would anyone like to elaborate on their decision?

CudiOnMyiPod
04-05-2012, 02:24 PM
Howard. He sits on the bench during games and laughs at the kiss cams and stuff instead of focusing. Demands coach to be fired, the whole HOWARDRAMA, etc...

PurpleJesus28
04-05-2012, 02:32 PM
D12

At least when Bron made his decision, he stuck by it. D12 and his flip-flopping was ridiculous. Not to mention the whole "throwing my team under the bus and wanting my head coach fired" part of it.

nycsports2
04-05-2012, 02:35 PM
lebron til further notice... im waiting to see how this plays out

Jint.
04-05-2012, 02:42 PM
Rik Smits

Raph12
04-05-2012, 02:45 PM
Dwight has handled the situation worse, but if they just traded him after his trade demand in training camp, he comes off as the good guy...

boogie-reke
04-05-2012, 02:49 PM
Kobe

naps
04-05-2012, 03:07 PM
LeBron didn't do anything wrong. May be he could consider doing the TV show differently, but that's about it. He respect his contract and didn't asked to be traded in the middle of a season. Dwight is a whole different story. I can go on and on with Dwight.

allSUAVE
04-05-2012, 03:12 PM
Crazy how I hate Dwight Howard all of a sudden ..was a very likable guy too

kdspurman
04-05-2012, 03:14 PM

lol

tyfreaks brotha
04-05-2012, 03:15 PM
The Lakers

kdspurman
04-05-2012, 03:15 PM
Howard. He sits on the bench during games and laughs at the kiss cams and stuff instead of focusing. Demands coach to be fired, the whole HOWARDRAMA, etc...

Lebron did a lot of dancing too on the side lines during his time in Cleveland and doing different poses before the game and all that foolishness too to be honest.

They're equally bad IMO. Lebron just started growing up.

justinnum1
04-05-2012, 03:31 PM
Lebron did a lot of dancing too on the side lines during his time in Cleveland and doing different poses before the game and all that foolishness too to be honest.

They're equally bad IMO. Lebron just started growing up.

Riley would fine lebron if he danced like a ******* in miami

FraziersKnicks
04-05-2012, 03:39 PM
The only thing LeBron did that was douche-like was the decision.. Yes, that was bad, but Dwight's on a whole different level, he's joining Bynum, Kobe and KG in levels of doucheness.

Raph12
04-05-2012, 03:39 PM

LeBron didn't do anything wrong. May be he could consider doing the TV show differently, but that's about it. He respect his contract and didn't asked to be traded in the middle of a season. Dwight is a whole different story. I can go on and on with Dwight.

Oh please, the only reason Lebron didn't demand a trade is because he knew he wanted Miami and he didn't want to get traded anywhere else during the season. Lebron screwed his team over intentionally, just so he could go to the Heat to party with his buddies Wade and Bosh. He took the easy way out on purpose, but he didn't want to get traded anywhere else, so he just acted as if he'd resign and then shocked the world when he didn't without any signs pointing to his exit.

Dwight asked for a trade prior to the season starting and he did it privately. The Magic MGMT have aired his **** out, trying to make him look like the bad guy at every turn. They practically forced him to sign that waiver, by threatening to trade him to the lottery-bound Nets midseason, knowing he wouldn't want to lose a prime season. They told Stan that Dwight wanted him to get traded, again putting the blame on Dwight so they look good and Dwight looks bad and when Dwight is traded, they say they did everything they could to keep him but he wanted to leave anyways.

If they just traded Dwight for Bynum or Lopez-fillers prior to the season starting, none of this happens, of course Dwight handled everything like a little *****. He doesn't have the balls to admit he wanted a trade or wanted Stan to get fired or that he wanted to leave Orlando for a bigger market. He's a *****, but Lebron is the douche, Lebron knowingly left the Cavs with nothing on purpose, just so he'd get his dream scenario playing in South Beach with his boys, Wade and Bosh.

For you guys to claim Lebron "wasn't that bad" or "didn't do anything wrong" is just your homer, biased opinions reasonating through your posts.

avrpatsfan
04-05-2012, 03:40 PM
Dwight easily.

justinnum1
04-05-2012, 03:54 PM
Oh please, the only reason Lebron didn't demand a trade is because he knew he wanted Miami and he didn't want to get traded anywhere else during the season. Lebron screwed his team over intentionally, just so he could go to the Heat to party with his buddies Wade and Bosh. He took the easy way out on purpose, but he didn't want to get traded anywhere else, so he just acted as if he'd resign and then shocked the world when he didn't without any signs pointing to his exit.

Dwight asked for a trade prior to the season starting and he did it privately. The Magic MGMT have aired his **** out, trying to make him look like the bad guy at every turn. They practically forced him to sign that waiver, by threatening to trade him to the lottery-bound Nets midseason, knowing he wouldn't want to lose a prime season. They told Stan that Dwight wanted him to get traded, again putting the blame on Dwight so they look good and Dwight looks bad and when Dwight is traded, they say they did everything they could to keep him but he wanted to leave anyways.

If they just traded Dwight for Bynum or Lopez-fillers prior to the season starting, none of this happens, of course Dwight handled everything like a little *****. He doesn't have the balls to admit he wanted a trade or wanted Stan to get fired or that he wanted to leave Orlando for a bigger market. He's a *****, but Lebron is the douche, Lebron knowingly left the Cavs with nothing on purpose, just so he'd get his dream scenario playing in South Beach with his boys, Wade and Bosh.

For you guys to claim Lebron "wasn't that bad" or "didn't do anything wrong" is just your homer, biased opinions reasonating through your posts.

lol, sure:rolleyes:

Dwight is flip flopping like crazy, thats your first problem. Dwight is still going to leave next year. If dwight was traded last month that nets team would have been horrible and not even make the playoffs.

Dwight is killing this magic team, you magic fans are blind if you cant realize it. He's about to cost you a top 10 coach in this league, all because dwight is a massive diva.

Yea lebron was a douche the way he did things but get over it, we are almost 2 years later, meanwhile this dwight saga is going on and on and on.

He thinks he is a legit #1 option and he clearly isn't. Otis has given SVG a bunch of old broken down parts and if dwight actually played har every night they would have a top record.

Do you really think its acceptable to let howard call the shots? Are you a dwight fan or a magic fan?

310Casper
04-05-2012, 03:57 PM
C. Kobe Bryant

How is Kobe a douche? He's like Jordan, serious all the time, just wants rings, doesnt care about all the flashy attention whoring unlike most of the newer young superstars (Lebron, Dwight, etc..)

You must be a butthurt fan, I'm assuming Kobe torched your team at one point..

Ebbs
04-05-2012, 03:57 PM
Dwight by a large margin

kdspurman
04-05-2012, 04:04 PM

I get that, but the point is before LeBron left he was doing stupid stuff too like Dwight. (The poster I responded to pointed out Dwight acting a fool on the bench instead of focusing)

Lakers + Giants
The Lakers

Agreed

Raph12
lol, sure:rolleyes:

Dwight is flip flopping like crazy, thats your first problem. Dwight is still going to leave next year. If dwight was traded last month that nets team would have been horrible and not even make the playoffs.

That's why he had to opt-in, so he wouldn't go to a lottery team and waste a prime year. That's why Lebron didn't ask for a trade, so they wouldn't trade him as a rental to some bs team.

Dwight is killing this magic team, you magic fans are blind if you cant realize it. He's about to cost you a top 10 coach in this league, all because dwight is a massive diva.

The MGMT has killed this team, if they just traded Dwight for Bynum before the season began, none of this happens. Why would they tell Stan that Dwight wants him to be fired right now? What good could that possibly do?... Both Dwight and MGMT have handled this situation like ****.

Yea lebron was a douche the way he did things but get over it, we are almost 2 years later, meanwhile this dwight saga is going on and on and on.

I am over it, but to say Dwight's a bigger douche and Lebron didn't do anything wrong isn't accurate. Dwight's a ***** because he couldn't stand up for what he believed and was forced into opting in, he wanted a trade and asked for one, they turned him down... Lebron didn't ask for a trade because he knew he wouldn't go to the Heat, so he left his team high-and-dry on purpose.

Dwight's a *****, Lebron's a douche.

He thinks he is a legit #1 option and he clearly isn't. Otis has given SVG a bunch of old broken down parts and if dwight actually played har every night they would have a top record.

Do you really think its acceptable to let howard call the shots? Are you a dwight fan or a magic fan?

The fact that they were a third seed with him is remarkable, the two games he's missed we allowed 56% and 57% from the field (were 7th in eFG% prior) and we allowed 44pts and 56pts in the paint in those games (were #1 in the league prior at only 36.5pts in the paint).

It's definitely not acceptable for him to call the shots, but MGMT should still consider his opinion. Now that he wants to leave, they're clinging to his every word like *****es; he hasn't liked the way Stan runs the offense for years (called him out in 09) but now they're considering firing him.

If Dwight was traded before the season started, we all could have moved on, he's handled everything like a *****, but we could have avoided it all.

kdspurman
04-05-2012, 04:06 PM

Exactly. That whole year of Free Agency Lebron was building up the suspense. It wasn't till like the middle or end of the season that he finally said he wasn't going to answer any more questions about it.

The goods
04-05-2012, 04:28 PM
I still say lebron he didn't tell anybody he was leaving and cleveland found out on national t.v. with everyone else that's just unforgiviable. Not to mention the whole dunk contest stuff I feel like he opens his mouth way to much for attention. I respect him as a basketball but he's an attention whore.
Dwight told them he wanted and all this could've been avoided if they had just got rid of him,all the he said this and that is b.s. it could be true or it could be the media but the fact is he didn't want to be there and only stayed because he didn't want to be hated by everybody. Now the players don't or the coach don't like him and probably wish management had traded him instead of kissing his *** the way they did.

Both should shut up and play ball honestly lebron is learning his lesson howard will when all this is over hopefully.

Cfrey
04-05-2012, 04:36 PM
If we are simply going Dwight-LeBron here it is no doubt in my mind Dwight Howard.

Let me remind you that Dwight is doing all of this nonsense IN SEASON.

LeBron was a free agent who took his decision nationally (no pun intended) and he made a mistake. I think people think LeBron has a huge ego and did the decision solely for his ego but many forget that he also raised a few million for the boys and girls clubs of america.. I think LeBron is the type of person who had that in mind first.

Dwight has been a distraction all season. In the locker room as well. He has taken this whole thing to another level and its getting old.

felixng2012
04-05-2012, 04:42 PM
Dwight by far. Lebron gets a lot of unjustified hate.

FraziersKnicks
04-05-2012, 04:47 PM

The funny thing is what LeBron did is one of the most natural things in basketball.. He wasn't happy with the team he was with so he left and joined a team he wanted to join. What's so wrong with that? He knowingly left them with nothing.. Big deal! It's not his job to play GM for the Cavs and put them in the best position for the future after he leaves. People act as if players owe it to their team to help them when they leave. He put the Cavaliers on the map and made them relevant for 7 years.. Is that not enough?

I'm a Knicks fan, so I should hate LeBron for not choosing us in 2010, but I don't think he's a douche.. He handled the situation wrong, but he stuck around with that Cavs team for a long time and took them as far as he could. Chances are he'd still be in Cleveland if the Cavs hadn't bulked at the idea of involving Hickson in a potential Amar'e deal. They had years to put talent around him and gave him a 34 year old Antawn Jamison, a 37 year old Shaq and Mo Williams... In that regard Dwight's in a similar position, the Magic haven't been able to surround him with a decent supporting cast. Not through lack of trying though, through poor GM skills in my opinion.

I get the vibe that you're a Dwight fan first and a Magic fan second and that's why you're acting so defensively of his behaviour, whilst it drives 'your' team into the ground. I'd like to see what other 'Magic' fans have to say about the way Dwight has handled this situation. He was asking to be traded all season and then changes his mind and publicly asks for his coach to be fired, whilst constantly belittling his teammates by saying he wants to play with player x, y & z.

Piercefan34
04-05-2012, 04:53 PM
please people tell me how its KG. you guys just don't understand him cause he's competative and does whatever it takes to win including getting inside his opponent's heads. you guys are ******** celtic haters. nobody disliked him till he went to boston. dudes actually a classy guy off the court, way much more than dwight and lebron

Cfrey
04-05-2012, 04:53 PM
If you put LeBron in Dwight's shoes right now I CANT EVEN IMAGINE the mass hate that he would be receiving.

Why is that LeBron gets all of the hate?? Really tho.. I'm at the point where I really don't know anymore. I mean I guess its cause everyone expected him to be the next Jordan and he hasn't lived up to that so far.

Cfrey
04-05-2012, 04:55 PM
please people tell me how its KG. you guys just don't understand him cause he's competative and does whatever it takes to win including getting inside his opponent's heads. you guys are ******** celtic haters. nobody disliked him till he went to boston. dudes actually a classy guy off the court, way much more than dwight and lebron

Common... This is just pure homerism.

I used to be the biggest KG fan ever. I'm a wolves fan I mean come on I loved the guy..

I wanted him to get a championship. I was never bitter he left. I rooted for him as a Celtic but you can't sit here and says he's not a douche because I definitely realized it when he left.

When he was a Twolf I loved him and probably turned a blind eye (just like you are doing right now)

t_money25
04-05-2012, 04:58 PM
LOL......its funny to me how some people in here hate people the don't even know and probably never even met. I'm sure Lebron and Dwight aren't losing any sleep over it either......

Raph12
04-05-2012, 05:06 PM
The funny thing is what LeBron did is one of the most natural things in basketball.. He wasn't happy with the team he was with so he left and joined a team he wanted to join. What's so wrong with that? He knowingly left them with nothing.. Big deal! It's not his job to play GM for the Cavs and put them in the best position for the future after he leaves. People act as if players owe it to their team to help them when they leave. He put the Cavaliers on the map and made them relevant for 7 years.. Is that not enough?

Look at what Lebron did, now go look at what Melo did; Melo asked the Nuggets to trade him and they said they'd do their best to accomodate him. Look at the Nuggets now and look at the Cavs now; the Nuggets were able to get a great deal for Melo and set their franchise up for success and Melo is not hated in Denver, in fact he's respected because he told the franchise of his intentions prior to his contract being up. Lebron did what he did for himself, Melo did what he did for himself (got to NYC) but also had the interests of the team that groomed him all these years and turned him into the player that he is.

I'm a Knicks fan, so I should hate LeBron for not choosing us in 2010, but I don't think he's a douche.. He handled the situation wrong, but he stuck around with that Cavs team for a long time and took them as far as he could. Chances are he'd still be in Cleveland if the Cavs hadn't bulked at the idea of involving Hickson in a potential Amar'e deal. They had years to put talent around him and gave him a 34 year old Antawn Jamison, a 37 year old Shaq and Mo Williams... In that regard Dwight's in a similar position, the Magic haven't been able to surround him with a decent supporting cast. Not through lack of trying though, through poor GM skills in my opinion.

I get the vibe that you're a Dwight fan first and a Magic fan second and that's why you're acting so defensively of his behaviour, whilst it drives 'your' team into the ground. I'd like to see what other 'Magic' fans have to say about the way Dwight has handled this situation. He was asking to be traded all season and then changes his mind and publicly asks for his coach to be fired, whilst constantly belittling his teammates by saying he wants to play with player x, y & z.

Dwight tried to go the same route as Melo, he told the Magic privately that he wants a trade and gave them a list of teams he'd like to play for. Otis threw him under the bus and went public with his request so he looks like the bad guy for wanting out. He admitted to it and said while he played for the Magic, he'd give it 100%, they declined to trade him and threatened to trade him to a lottery-bound team late-season so he'd have to opt-in. He was forced to stay, then he told MGMT what he wanted in private and MGMT told everyone about it again, making him look like the bad guy again... The Magic MGMT has tried to do everything they can do to not look bad, but instead got the opposite result.

I was there during the Shaq days and after we low-balled him and he left for LA, I was devastated (I was a kid). I moved on (literally left Orlando) yet watched Magic basketball, but when we drafted Dwight, I saw a lot of potential and it brought me back to following Magic basketball and believing in it again. So yes, I am a Dwight fan first because Magic MGMT has proven time and time again that they can't be trusted with superstars. They drive their stars away and I'm fed up with all the bs... What the **** could be the reason for telling Stan that Dwight wants him out? Why release that information to the media? The team is going to struggle now just a couple games away from the playoffs, we'll probably lose both Dwight and Stan and the team will go back to being crap.

**** Magic MGMT, they can't run ****.

Cfrey
04-05-2012, 05:12 PM
Common Raph.... That's just a stupid argument. Lol...

Melo asked for a trade during his contract. LeBron finished his out his contract and did what every free agent has the choice to do, explore free agency!!

Whether he informed his team or not that he was going to the Heat is pretty much irrelevant.. He did what he had the right to do all along.

I've seen you post for a bit now and I respect your opinion usually but the reason for the whole LeBron debacle is the Cleveland front office. And that is that.

If Cleveland wants to blame anyone it should be management.

Piercefan34
04-05-2012, 05:15 PM
Common... This is just pure homerism.

I used to be the biggest KG fan ever. I'm a wolves fan I mean come on I loved the guy..

I wanted him to get a championship. I was never bitter he left. I rooted for him as a Celtic but you can't sit here and says he's not a douche because I definitely realized it when he left.

When he was a Twolf I loved him and probably turned a blind eye (just like you are doing right now)

you just proved my point lol you liked him till he left. he isnt a douche he's just probably the most competitive player in the NBA. If KG is a douche then so is MJ

Sneaky
04-05-2012, 05:15 PM
Kevin Garnett

Cfrey
04-05-2012, 05:17 PM
you just proved my point lol you liked him till he left. he isnt a douche he's just probably the most competitive player in the NBA. If KG is a douche then so is MJ

How did I prove your point? I just said I rooted for him as a Celtic. He never posed a threat to the Timberwolves (because we were so irrelevant). He used to be my favorite player. Thus I should probably still like him as much as I used to?? But I don't and its for obvious reasons. It has nothing to do with his competitiveness because thats one of the main reasons I loved him so much. But theres also a line that can be crossed and KG crosses that line at times.

Raph12
04-05-2012, 05:18 PM

Melo asked for a trade during his contract. LeBron finished his out his contract and did what every free agent has the choice to do, explore free agency!!

Whether he informed his team or not that he was going to the Heat is pretty much irrelevant.. He did what he had the right to do all along.

I've seen you post for a bit now and I respect your opinion usually but the reason for the whole LeBron debacle is the Cleveland front office. And that is that.

Now that is the stupid arguement, you think a Melo did his team wrong by asking to be traded prior to his contract being terminated? Let's ask the Nuggets fans if they'd rather he just "play it out" and leave via FA.

If a player is trying his best to make the best of a bad situation (wanting out), it doesn't make him a douche. Leading a franchise on, telling them stuff like "I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland... And I won't stop until I get it."... That's being a douche.

Try again.

DLeeicious
04-05-2012, 05:19 PM
It's arguing against a giant douche in favor of a turd sandwich

heyman321
04-05-2012, 05:22 PM
Chris Paul. He is a total scumbag. He always acts like a tough guy, but just ends up flopping all the time.

Kucka
04-05-2012, 05:30 PM
Dwight has turned from a fan favorite player to a really annoying diva, dude needs to stay out of the headline.

*Superman*
04-05-2012, 05:49 PM
Brian Scalabrine.

boogie-reke
04-05-2012, 05:52 PM
Seriously - Kobe.

Cal827
04-05-2012, 05:58 PM
Raph, although I don't have the same opinion on the argument, thanks for your point of view as a magic fan... and that sig :drool:

Feel bad for you guys though.. .this crap has destroyed the magic lockerroom (as the other thread suggests)

Mr Costanza
04-05-2012, 06:00 PM
Who indeed http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_lpiDRDaH-mU/SMU9GQzTYGI/AAAAAAAAHRQ/fyS6t5VByWE/s400/giantdouchevsturdsandwich7om.jpg

FraziersKnicks
04-05-2012, 06:02 PM
Look at what Lebron did, now go look at what Melo did; Melo asked the Nuggets to trade him and they said they'd do their best to accomodate him. Look at the Nuggets now and look at the Cavs now; the Nuggets were able to get a great deal for Melo and set their franchise up for success and Melo is not hated in Denver, in fact he's respected because he told the franchise of his intentions prior to his contract being up. Lebron did what he did for himself, Melo did what he did for himself (got to NYC) but also had the interests of the team that groomed him all these years and turned him into the player that he is.

Blame the Cavs front office then, don't blame LeBron. If they were so worried about losing LeBron they should've A) Got him better support and pulled the trigger on the deal to get Amar'e or B) Traded him, seeing how reluctant he was to put pen to paper and commit.

You say it as if the Cavs are in an awful position, they have one of the best young PG's in the league, another solid youngster in Thompson and a high draft pick this year.. They're doing fine. For arguments sake, let's say LeBron knew he wanted to play for the Heat before he finished his time in Cleveland and he was only gonna play for them (similar to Melo and NY).. What could the Heat have given the Cavs? Michael Beasley? A first round pick?

I think you're crediting Melo, where credit should be given to the Nuggets front office and the paranoia of the Knicks front office (not believing they could've signed him in the off season). I'm sure LeBron feels guilty about the situation but I also believe he believed in leading the Cavs to an NBA title in the last playoffs he played.. Who doesn't want to lead his hometown team to their first NBA title? He just got sick and tired of not having any help on that team and did a completely natural thing in the NBA, entered FA and signed with another team.

He does not owe it to the team to put them in a better position.. The NBA is a competition, why would he want to make the competition better, especially when they're in the same conference? Why would he want the team he's going to to gut their roster in hopes of accommodating him and shortening their quality when there's no need?

Dwight tried to go the same route as Melo, he told the Magic privately that he wants a trade and gave them a list of teams he'd like to play for. Otis threw him under the bus and went public with his request so he looks like the bad guy for wanting out. He admitted to it and said while he played for the Magic, he'd give it 100%, they declined to trade him and threatened to trade him to a lottery-bound team late-season so he'd have to opt-in. He was forced to stay, then he told MGMT what he wanted in private and MGMT told everyone about it again, making him look like the bad guy again... The Magic MGMT has tried to do everything they can do to not look bad, but instead got the opposite result.

I was there during the Shaq days and after we low-balled him and he left for LA, I was devastated (I was a kid). I moved on (literally left Orlando) yet watched Magic basketball, but when we drafted Dwight, I saw a lot of potential and it brought me back to following Magic basketball and believing in it again. So yes, I am a Dwight fan first because Magic MGMT has proven time and time again that they can't be trusted with superstars. They drive their stars away and I'm fed up with all the bs... What the **** could be the reason for telling Stan that Dwight wants him out? Why release that information to the media? The team is going to struggle now just a couple games away from the playoffs, we'll probably lose both Dwight and Stan and the team will go back to being crap.

With Dwight telling the front office he wants SVG out, why even say that in the first place? If Otis was the reason his trade demands became public, then of course the same is gonna happen with his coaching demands. To then come out and completely deny the report moments after SVG addresses the media regarding it, makes him appear like even more of a douche.

PhillyFaninLA
04-05-2012, 06:09 PM
My vote is for Cal827 for making a loser troll topic. Get some originality and you get my vote for wasting people's time with a worthless thread and its a disappointment the mods allow stuff like this that makes the whole site dumber. If the mods don't care about the site enough to allow this then.....

Cfrey
04-05-2012, 06:10 PM
Now that is the stupid arguement, you think a Melo did his team wrong by asking to be traded prior to his contract being terminated? Let's ask the Nuggets fans if they'd rather he just "play it out" and leave via FA.

If a player is trying his best to make the best of a bad situation (wanting out), it doesn't make him a douche. Leading a franchise on, telling them stuff like "I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland... And I won't stop until I get it."... That's being a douche.

Try again.

Did he say that in his last year at Cleveland? I actually don't know so if he did let me know and I'll be more apt to agree with you.

But to my knowledge that was earlier on in his career and that's what he wanted to try and accomplish.

You have to stop looking at this from a fans point of view. Yeah the Nuggets are better off since Carmelo said he wanted to be traded and I'm sure the fans are happy that the situation played out like that. However, you are going to call LeBron a douche for doing something that he had the right to do??

Lol forget the fans. This has nothing to do with the OP.

Raph12
04-05-2012, 06:13 PM
Blame the Cavs front office then, don't blame LeBron. If they were so worried about losing LeBron they should've A) Got him better support and pulled the trigger on the deal to get Amar'e or B) Traded him, seeing how reluctant he was to put pen to paper and commit.

I definitely agree, but Lebron leading them on is still "douche-movements".

You say it as if the Cavs are in an awful position, they have one of the best young PG's in the league, another solid youngster in Thompson and a high draft pick this year.. They're doing fine. For arguments sake, let's say LeBron knew he wanted to play for the Heat before he finished his time in Cleveland and he was only gonna play for them (similar to Melo and NY).. What could the Heat have given the Cavs? Michael Beasley? A first round pick?

Exactly my point, he knew the Heat couldn't offer anything and didn't want to waste a prime season, so he told the Cavs what they wanted to hear (saying he'd win a ring before he left, etc) to ensure they wouldn't trade him... I credit the Cavs being in the place of potential to Stern and the NBA. Giving them the #1 and #4 pick in the draft is why they are where they are, could've been much worse.

I think you're crediting Melo, where credit should be given to the Nuggets front office and the paranoia of the Knicks front office (not believing they could've signed him in the off season). I'm sure LeBron feels guilty about the situation but I also believe he believed in leading the Cavs to an NBA title in the last playoffs he played.. Who doesn't want to lead his hometown team to their first NBA title? He just got sick and tired of not having any help on that team and did a completely natural thing in the NBA, entered FA and signed with another team.

He does not owe it to the team to put them in a better position.. The NBA is a competition, why would he want to make the competition better, especially when they're in the same conference? Why would he want the team he's going to to gut their roster in hopes of accommodating him and shortening their quality when there's no need?

Melo never once led the Nuggets on about his intentions, he made them clear from Day 1 and the Nuggets accomadated him. That is what a good franchise does, the cut their losses and just do what is best for them at that point... The Magic have tried to guilt, force and defame Dwight into staying, to the point where they'll do whatever he wants for him to stay, which is just pathetic.

With Dwight telling the front office he wants SVG out, why even say that in the first place? If Otis was the reason his trade demands became public, then of course the same is gonna happen with his coaching demands. To then come out and completely deny the report moments after SVG addresses the media regarding it, makes him appear like even more of a douche.

He never liked the way Stan ran the offense, he called him out in 09 saying "if you have a dominant big, let him be dominant". He doesn't want to be the "bad guy", he doesn't have the balls to just own up to everything, accept that role and just go with it. He's handled everything poorly, but the Magic have done all but cement his future, outside of Orlando... They're catering to him now because they have to or he'll leave. Dwight and Stan not being on the same page has been an ongoing issue for years and it's only public now because Magic MGMT has allowed it to be.

What is the point of going public and saying "Dwight has asked for a trade" or telling Stan "Dwight wants us to fire you"... Poor MGMT decisions, do what Utah did, fire the coach if you have to or trade the player if you have to, don't make your whole Organization look like a joke by making every detail public.

Raph12
04-05-2012, 06:16 PM
Did he say that in his last year at Cleveland? I actually don't know so if he did let me know and I'll be more apt to agree with you.

But to my knowledge that was earlier on in his career and that's what he wanted to try and accomplish.

You have to stop looking at this from a fans point of view. Yeah the Nuggets are better off since Carmelo said he wanted to be traded and I'm sure the fans are happy that the situation played out like that. However, you are going to call LeBron a douche for doing something that he had the right to do??

Lol forget that fans. This has nothing to do with the OP.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/174990-lebrons-goal-bring-title-to-cleveland

Final season in Cleveland, live on NBAtv;

LeBron James used his first appearance on NBA TV's "Arena Link" to make quite a statement. "I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland," James said. "And I won't stop until I get it." Taken literally, James' statement is newsworthy because it would mean that the Cavs' superstar, who can become a free-agent this summer, would stay in Cleveland at least as long as it takes to bring the city an NBA championship.

He's a douche for making bs promises to mislead the Cavs into keeping him for the season and he's a douche for "The Decision 2010"... The rest I don't have an issue with.

Teeboy1487
04-05-2012, 06:33 PM
I see Raph's point.

TheIlladelph16
04-05-2012, 06:34 PM

Pretty much agree with everything you said here.... Lebron played out his contract and was absolutely entitled to test free agency. The Decision, even if he did raise money for the kids, was an absolute mistake especially considering he didn't even tell the Cavs beforehand. If he could go back and change that, I'm sure he would. For anyone to say that he left the team high and dry knowing all along he just wanted to "play with his buddies" is total bs.

The Magic are my second favorite team behind the Sixers and I've followed them for over a decade now. I have always sided with Dwight because Orlando's FO is absolute garbage (Hedo 2X, Vince Carter, Gilbert, Glenn Davis) when it comes to surrounding Dwight with the necessary pieces to win a championship. With all of this coming out though, its getting harder and harder to side with Dwight.

To answer the topic question.... I'd go Kobe over either of them. Respect the hell out of his accomplishments, but he is just such a douche.

Cfrey
04-05-2012, 06:37 PM
I feel him now on that and I've been the first to admit that the whole LeBron debacle went down wrong. However, I'm not one of those guys who absolutely hates him and I shift more blame on the organization.

I understand that Cleveland fans would be pissed after what he did. Hell if that happened to the team i was a fan of I would have been pretty angry. With that said, though, I always take notice of the seven great years he brought to a deprived organization. He took them to the finals. He had how many consecutive 60 win years. The Cavs made absolutely no effort to get him the help he needed.

A Shaq way past his prime and an Antwan Jamison does not win you a title!! Haha that was pathetic. That was the best thing they could do?? Not a chance.

After seven years in that organization with no noticeable effort to get LBJ some help then hell yeah I would have left.

And I think we all have to take another look at Dan Gilberts words after LeBron left. Is that a man that you think treated LeBron like he should have been treated? We don't know what went down behind the scenes but his words after LBJ left showed me that this guy was nuts. How could you bash a man that brought you seven years of greatness?? Took your organization from the bottom to the top and made you a ton of money. Then he takes his anger out on LeBron for failing to do what they should have done all along: GET LEBRON HELP

Cfrey
04-05-2012, 06:46 PM
Think of it this way:

You sign LeBron to a contract. You understand when LeBrons contract is up. You understand that this is a business. You understand that if you want to keep the man who gives you a chance to win every year you have to persuade him to come back.

What did Cavs management try to do to get LeBron back in Cleveland?? Really what did they do?? This is a business problem. You can't blame a man for finding a new job.

It's like anything else in this world. If I work at a local restaurant, I have the right to go and look for a new job. If I don't like my boss, I have the right to leave or quit. It's that simple. LeBron didn't owe anything to that organization

mjt20mik
04-05-2012, 06:49 PM
Bosh is the bigger douche. He said he wanted to be the number one option. He missed the last couple of games with an injury when he was cleared to play (raptors were in the hunt for the playoffs). He then made fun of Canada in articles and TV (none of which was true and he was just an stupid).

Cfrey
04-05-2012, 06:55 PM
And to my last point, who is to say that Gilbert didn't **** this whole thing up??

Maybe I work at a pizza place and I love it. I tell my Dad that I want to work there for a long time and help it become a better pizza place (lol ik).

Then the next day, my boss and I get into an argument and I decide to quit. Does that make me a douche for telling my dad that I wanted to work there for a long time??

Maybe they had a falling out after LeBron had made the statement that he wanted to bring a championship to cleveland

fingerbang
04-05-2012, 06:58 PM
Easily Howard. He goes behind his coaches back and asks for him to be fired and then pretends like they're best buds, all while he can't make up his mind. What a piece of ****.

justinnum1
04-05-2012, 07:07 PM
Think of it this way:

You sign LeBron to a contract. You understand when LeBrons contract is up. You understand that this is a business. You understand that if you want to keep the man who gives you a chance to win every year you have to persuade him to come back.

What did Cavs management try to do to get LeBron back in Cleveland?? Really what did they do?? This is a business problem. You can't blame a man for finding a new job.

It's like anything else in this world. If I work at a local restaurant, I have the right to go and look for a new job. If I don't like my boss, I have the right to leave or quit. It's that simple. LeBron didn't owe anything to that organization

They took kept hickson over amare...that says it all

FraziersKnicks
04-05-2012, 07:08 PM
I feel bad for Stan out of all of this.

FraziersKnicks
04-05-2012, 07:10 PM
I'm sorry but watching TNT now, I can't help but think Dwight's being a douche about this.. The way he just casually walked into frame and tried to pretend to be all friendly with SVG by putting his arm round him.... I don't buy it.

Cfrey
04-05-2012, 07:11 PM
They took kept hickson over amare...that says it all

Exactly.

Ladies Man
04-05-2012, 07:16 PM
I think Dwight now because its more recent.. What if it were to happen at the same time? The NBA would look extremely bad

justinnum1
04-05-2012, 07:26 PM
I'm sorry but watching TNT now, I can't help but think Dwight's being a douche about this.. The way he just casually walked into frame and tried to pretend to be all friendly with SVG by putting his arm round him.... I don't buy it.

Howard thought SVG was downplaying the rumors...thats why its so funny when he asked reporters to name there source and they all said SVG just said it :laugh2:

Chronz
04-05-2012, 07:26 PM
There is no comparison to Bron, the real question is what Dwight doing as bad as Vince leaving Toronto.

JordansBulls
04-05-2012, 07:34 PM
I say Lebron for sure, Dwight is more humble and I like only humble players.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-05-2012, 07:35 PM

Are you trolling or are you serious?

justinnum1
04-05-2012, 07:49 PM

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm:

and if i knew how to do that triangle facepalm i would

soxtu22
04-05-2012, 07:58 PM
Garnett is easily the biggest douche in the league. Always picking on someone half the size of him. "Fake tough guy #1"

:cry:

FraziersKnicks
04-05-2012, 08:01 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm:

and if i knew how to do that triangle facepalm i would

:facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

kdspurman
04-05-2012, 08:21 PM
:facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

:laugh2:

IIISSKiLL
04-05-2012, 08:54 PM

Lebron didn't do anything wrong he actually did what so many other players have done in the past.. did melo ask to be traded ?? NO what melo did was NOT SIGN AN EXTENSTION so the nuggets knew he wasn't going to stay and since chris paul made his stupid toast melo wanted the super team like lebron had but the greedy bastard took up to much cap space.. do you think melo could have gotten to new york without the trade ?? not a chance ! howard doesn't want to be in orlando and he doesnt want to be "hated" but its toooo late for that now.. didn't bosh do what lebron did ?? when kobe couldnt get past the first round of the playoffs for so many seasons didnt he ask to be traded to chicago ?? stop picking on lebron hes a good guy and you're all making his hair fall out

Cal827
04-05-2012, 10:05 PM

LOL, what?!

Raph12
04-05-2012, 10:11 PM
I didn't have any issues with Lebron as a player, but as a man, I wanted him to let the Cavs know of his intentions or just keep his mouth shut. The way he went about it was very "douchy", but I don't hate him, not in any sense of the word.

He's still the most gifted/talented/dominant player in the league.

ManRam
04-05-2012, 10:16 PM
Lebron James

- The Decision
- Comes off as arrogant; didn't apologize for the decision's aftrmath till late last season
- Left the team high and dry when it came to acquiring any talent for him as he didn't give them a full decision on whether or not he would stay.

I still won't blame him for that last part. He had no obligation to do so...and everyone around the situation admits that he really didn't have any idea what he wanted to do until a few days...or even hours...before "The Decision".

At least he handled everything up until "The Decision" like a consummate professional.

Cal827
04-05-2012, 10:17 PM
There is no comparison to Bron, the real question is what Dwight doing as bad as Vince leaving Toronto.

As a Raptor fan, I think partially yes and partially no. I'm leaning towards Howard being worse though.

-Yes because Carter admitted that he didn't try hard, made some extremely stupid comments (I'm not gonna dunk anymore :facepalm:), and half-assed it until he was finally dealt to New Jersey for nothing. Which is why many still boo him like hell. If we got a player better than Joey Graham for him, then I don't think we would be as mad.

No, because I don't remember him saying anything bad about anybody but himself when he was asked questions (He wanted certain players like Wade in the draft, and them to pursue guys like Steve Nash, but didn't rip into the team when they didn't). If I'm not mistaken, the main bad thing he said was that he didn't play at 100% for a portion of his time in Toronto. He made suggestions on coaches/gms, but didn't have an openly rip into the other coaches either.

Howard's ripping into the team while being there. When he's gone, the team will likely have to be rebuilt completely.

Anyways, I see that I'm almost as big a douche as Lebron James... Don't know how to feel about that lol

KnIckFaN.2883
04-05-2012, 10:36 PM
lebron is still a jerk..... at least dwight said that hes gonna be with the the team through next year.

Yanks All Day
04-05-2012, 10:57 PM
Dwight is killing the Magic right now and holding them captive. SVG will be gone soon enough and the roster will likely be gutted for a mediocre talent, since they have no real trade chips. When that doesn't work, Dwight will bolt, most likely seeing what CP3 wants to do first.

LeBron had every right to leave. He was a free agent and was under no obligation to tell the Cavs he was leaving. Truth be told, he probably tried up until the very end to recruit Bosh to come play in Cleveland. It's clear LeBron loves Cleveland, Akron, and the whole state of Ohio and probably never wanted to leave. When that didn't work, he left for Miami. There is no knock on someone for going to a better situation. The Cavaliers gave him glorified D-Leaguers and washed up veteran expiring contracts to work with. Then, when they actually had the opportunity to give LeBron a second legit young star and scoring option in Amar'e, they refused to part with Hickson, who they eventually traded for Cassipi I believe. That's just poor management. The only issue I have with LeBron is how he left (The Decision), but otherwise, he was a professional about the whole thing.

Cleveland screwed Cleveland, but Dwight is screwing Orlando.

JLynn943
04-05-2012, 11:06 PM
Dwight easily. LeBron didn't tear apart his team in a prolonged exit. Looking at what happened to Denver during the Melo drama and now the Magic with Howard, LeBron handled everything about his exit correctly correctly (until The Decision of course). When the player makes it clear they aren't happy and want to leave, it kills all chemistry and drive to win.

ManRam
04-05-2012, 11:10 PM
There have been 100s of players that have left their teams on their own volition in FA. If Dwight simply didn't say a word, opted out, that would have been infinitely better. Sure, he's "doing us a favor" when he tells us he wants a trade...but yeah...look how that right.

LeBron was a FA...and like any FA he had every right to leave his team. Unlike the dozens of FAs that leave their teams every year...he's just a superstar and people get more upset. I was angry (and young...) when Shaq left, but in the end, he had every right to. He fulfilled his contract, and that's that.

Sadds The Gr8
04-05-2012, 11:21 PM
they're both prick bags

PatsSoxKnicks
04-05-2012, 11:29 PM
How is Kobe a douche? He's like Jordan, serious all the time, just wants rings, doesnt care about all the flashy attention whoring unlike most of the newer young superstars (Lebron, Dwight, etc..)

No I suppose Kobe committing an actual crime unlike Dwight/Lebron isn't douchey. I'll take immaturity and arrogance over raping someone any day of the week.

b@llhog24
04-06-2012, 06:44 AM

MJ isn't humble.

oak2455
04-06-2012, 08:39 AM
MJ isn't humble.

Yes but MJ won 6 chips.....LBJ, still waiting ... But he did say 7..... I think though Lebron can win number one this year ......;)

mjm07
04-06-2012, 09:12 AM
LBJ haters are hilarious.

I loved Dwight but knew he was very immature and now the way he's handeling this situation has only validated that sentiment.

That video yesterday was amazing. Dwight looked foolish.

stawka
04-06-2012, 09:17 AM
Replace LeBron with Melo (who is a bigger douche than LeBron... And was seen giving Dwight advice lmao), and it's still not a debate. Dwight wins the DPOY... And the D isn't defensive either

Jarvo
04-06-2012, 10:07 AM
Dwight "The B****" Howard

justinnum1
04-06-2012, 10:11 AM
MJ isn't humble.

No, but dwight is redefining what it means to be a douche

Baller1
04-06-2012, 11:09 AM
Lebron literally made one mistake, and that was announcing his decision on national television. Had he not done that, I don't think there'd be much reason for the hate he receives, other than being a god at basketball.

Jay16
04-06-2012, 11:55 AM
Lebron didnt do anything aside from playing till his contract ended and sign somewhere else. Why is he on this list and why isn't Carmelo on it.

Lebron gets killed for the decision but I'm sure all the kids that benefitted from it are happy with the decision.

How his name get dragged thru the mud with the likes of these ah*les I dont get.
The truth is since LeBron didn't go to CHI or NY or sign back with CLE he gets killed. He didn't do anything wrong. Melo and Dwight did !!! Bottom line.

kozelkid
04-06-2012, 12:10 PM

You mean the same guy who organized a party as if they won a title? I'm gonna go ahead and say no.

kozelkid
04-06-2012, 12:13 PM

It's pretty hard to reach Carter's level of douchebaggery, but if anyone can, I think it's Dwight.

kozelkid
04-06-2012, 12:16 PM
And honestly, I truly believe Melo handled it the best. He let it be known he wants to go to NY, and frankly, I don't blame him one bit for wanting him to go to his favorite team growing up. And I'd rather know my star will leave and get something than nothing. Remember, Lebron didn't even inform the Cavs that he'd leave moments before his decision, even.

mjm07
04-06-2012, 12:19 PM
Lebron didnt do anything aside from playing till his contract ended and sign somewhere else. Why is he on this list and why isn't Carmelo on it.

Lebron gets killed for the decision but I'm sure all the kids that benefitted from it are happy with the decision.

How his name get dragged thru the mud with the likes of these ah*les I dont get.
The truth is since LeBron didn't go to CHI or NY or sign back with CLE he gets killed. He didn't do anything wrong. Melo and Dwight did !!! Bottom line.

This. :clap:

Lakers + Giants
04-06-2012, 12:26 PM
Why do kings fans hate drew so much? Just because cousins does?

mjm07
04-06-2012, 12:26 PM
You mean the same guy who organized a party as if they won a title? I'm gonna go ahead and say no.
:pity:

LBJ left your team i get it, it hurts. Hell it would've hurt me if Wade had left Miami for Chicago or wherever but he didn't. Now that "organized party" was for the fans. Nothing wrong with that.

JOhnnyTHaJet
04-06-2012, 12:29 PM
Where's the option for Mavs fans?

Jay16
04-06-2012, 12:42 PM
And honestly, I truly believe Melo handled it the best. He let it be known he wants to go to NY, and frankly, I don't blame him one bit for wanting him to go to his favorite team growing up. And I'd rather know my star will leave and get something than nothing. Remember, Lebron didn't even inform the Cavs that he'd leave moments before his decision, even.

Are you kidding ? He handcuffed his team by saying I want to go to NY or I will not sign an extension with the team you trade me to. That limited DEN to trade only with a team that know if he doesn't get traded to them by the deadline he will sign with them the following off season. Melo did it worse.

The fact that NY actually gave DEN and bounty of players instead of keeping those players and signing him on the off season was just a bad choice. But Melo could have broken DEN in a big way by what he did.

TornadoOfSouls
04-06-2012, 12:44 PM
C. Kobe Bryant

Follwed closely by Andrew Bynum.

Kobe definitely. He *****ed like crazy in '06 about wanting to be traded out of LA, went on a radio tour looking like a victim and pleading for sympathy from viewers. Not to mention throwing his own teammates(Bynum) under the bus and avoiding ANY of the blame for the ****** state the Lakers were in at the time. Difference is Cleveland Lebron and Dwight didn't have insiders from their organization working for the other teams to gift wrap them a dominant player for trash like the Lakers did.

TornadoOfSouls
04-06-2012, 12:50 PM

lol at Kobe not caring about media whoring. You must be a gullible young fan that gets all his news from ESPN. Summer 2007 - Kobe did nothing but ***** about his team's front office and demanded a trade OUT of LA. Did radio tours, television interviews, etc. Hell, Kobe was the flashy attention whore YEARS before Lebron/Dwight were ever in the league.

He115ing
04-06-2012, 12:58 PM
With Lebron, it was just messed up how he went about his decision, with the televising it and then the celebration.

Dwight is worse because he is being a complete moron. I think this will be the downfall of the Magic this season. Plus it puts another bad blemish on this league.

Imo Dwight is quickly catching up to and overtaking Lebron at this point.

knicks4life33
04-06-2012, 12:59 PM
these type of polls always are about a whats going on now . I bet if lebron had the decision this summer everyone woulda voted lebron if you had this poll then

mjm07
04-06-2012, 01:35 PM
Haters need to stop crying and let go of " The Decision " already.

kozelkid
04-06-2012, 02:36 PM
:pity:

LBJ left your team i get it, it hurts. Hell it would've hurt me if Wade had left Miami for Chicago or wherever but he didn't. Now that "organized party" was for the fans. Nothing wrong with that.

(A) I'm not a Cavs fan.

(B) I have no issues with Lebron leaving a team and joining another. I'm a little disappointed in him for choosing Miami only because I feel he joined another alpha instead of trying to lead a team on his own. I feel like he wanted to make it as easy for himself as he can. But I'm not getting in this debate.

(C) I don't blame organized party on Lebron either, but if Riley is okay with an organized party "for the fans", why would he fine Lebron when he dances "for the fans." Fact is that Riley understands that Lebron is possibly the most valuable player in this league. Riley will do whatever he can to make him happy. Hell, I'm sure Lebron's goons are as in the mix of things as they were in Cleveland.

Are you kidding ? He handcuffed his team by saying I want to go to NY or I will not sign an extension with the team you trade me to. That limited DEN to trade only with a team that know if he doesn't get traded to them by the deadline he will sign with them the following off season. Melo did it worse.

The fact that NY actually gave DEN and bounty of players instead of keeping those players and signing him on the off season was just a bad choice. But Melo could have broken DEN in a big way by what he did.

So what? Better get SOMETHING than nothing. Again, I don't blame a player for wanting to go to a team that he grew up rooting for.

IIISSKiLL
04-06-2012, 04:47 PM

miami had that same party for shaq and shaq told miami he was bringing them a title.. that isn't riley throwing parties its mickey and you're just upset you weren't invited

justinnum1
04-06-2012, 05:03 PM
miami had that same party for shaq and shaq told miami he was bringing them a title.. that isn't riley throwing parties its mickey and you're just upset you weren't invited

That was for miami and its fans and ESPN decided to pick up the local feed. But hey, haters gonna hate.

Blitzbolt
04-06-2012, 05:21 PM
Nate Robinson says HI.

Jenceman
04-06-2012, 06:10 PM
Dwight has easily surpassed Lebron.

Fly
04-06-2012, 06:15 PM
Idk, it's sort of a tie, but I think LeBron still reigns supreme not only because of the Decision but also because of last finals making fun of Dirk being sick and him just coming off as really arrogant

kozelkid
04-06-2012, 08:28 PM

SportsAndrew25
04-06-2012, 09:10 PM
Dwight. Lebron left Cleveland to win a Championship, which is what any ambitious star wants to do.

LASportsFan1996
04-06-2012, 09:38 PM
LBJ Is A *****

Jay16
04-07-2012, 01:17 AM
Logic anyone ?

netsgiantsyanks
04-07-2012, 02:40 PM

lol @ people who took this seriously.

WickedBadMan
04-07-2012, 02:58 PM
I think to most people who don't follow sports forums, Lebron will be the bigger douche. But if you followed Dwight from the start, he was a pretty big douche.

Chronz
04-07-2012, 08:40 PM

It's pretty hard to reach Carter's level of douchebaggery, but if anyone can, I think it's Dwight.
What about Joe Johnson? Nobody ever mentions him forcing his way to Atlanta and leaving a contender (he threatened the Suns not to match his offer sheet) for a lotto team.

Isn't that pretty awful?

k.smith904
04-07-2012, 08:46 PM
everyone saying dwight is suffering recency bias.

if you don't think lebron, kobe, or any other superstar has at least a little say in who the coach is during the final year of their contract, you're smoking crack.

Dwight is definitely up there though, right behind King James, Garnett, Blake, and Latrell Sprewell. Maybe even Pierce too.

http://synthesis.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/pierce.jpg

Chronz
04-07-2012, 09:02 PM
Bron telling them in FA wouldn't have changed anything.

Melo wasnt as bad as Dwight but definitely worse than Bron, Melo chose the Knicks because they're the Knicks, and he wanted to get traded so he could get max (not discounted) money, not because they had young talent to offer his former team so lets not credit him for external factors that have nothing to do with his mentality.

He held his contending caliber team back, to force his way home. The Nuggs wanted to force him elsewhere but he held firm so it was in the best interest for both sides to get a deal done.

That the Nuggs got more out of it is circumstantial, that doesn't speak highly for Melo only the Nuggs. Ignoring the possibility that Bron wanted to win in Cleveland, imagine if Bron did the same, what exactly would Miami have given them? Beasley? They passed on him.

Imagine if the Knicks were in salary cap hell like when they felt the need to trade Ewing for a bunch of bad contracts, would you rather the star leave outright then? It all depends on the team he wants to go to, Im not giving Melo credit for the fact that the team he chose had tradeable assets. Most players leave to win, leaving to go home is the next reason, something neither of us blames a player for, but I'm not giving him extra credit for how he went about it.

D-Leethal
04-07-2012, 09:15 PM
Dwight is a clown.

Da Knicks
04-07-2012, 09:39 PM
1. Kobe
2. Lebron
3. Op

kArSoN RyDaH
04-07-2012, 10:04 PM
Never thought I'd say this, but D12.