PDA

View Full Version : The NBA officiating, and by extension, the NBA, sucks.

josefrees
04-04-2012, 09:18 PM
Can someone explain to me how NBA
1) owners
2) players
3) fans

Can take the professional game seriously, at all? The officiating is absolutely atrocious. I am really surprised that these old *** ***** haven't been murdered on the court yet.

*It is absolutely ridiculous. Shouldn't the game be called as it is? Not with old farts eating whistle until a ball doesn't go in? Or a player having to "earn" a reputation as someone who draws fouls by getting mauled for five years? WTF kind of legislation is that?

Why would you buy the NO Hornets? Any franchise player you draft has to get destroyed for years to be treated fairly. Unless you can get the hype machine going you are screwed.

If your a player why would you not want to play for a big market team? They get the calls because everybody involved besides the people that matter (players) want "drama" and "entertainment" (otherwise known as bad officiating)

Why would you want to invest yourself as a fan? Unless your players has "paid their dues" your team has practically no chance to compete fairly. You not only have another team to face but you have geriatric refs.

You know a league is horrible when a guy like Tim Donaghy, who knows the league like the back of hand, reveals ref horribleness and it falls on deaf ears.*

How about instead of keeping Tim Duncan and Joey Crawford from being involved in the same game, you fire Joey Crawford for being a POS.*

David Stern is the basketball anti-Christ, the NBA has the absolutely worst officiating and official development of any god damned league around. This ain't China, Mao Stern.

GMEN4EVER
04-04-2012, 09:54 PM
Hey, it's the NBA. Where amazing happens.

Sadly that means amazingly bad officiating...with no accountability whatsoever...

mjt20mik
04-04-2012, 10:28 PM

Sadly that means amazingly bad officiating...with no accountability whatsoever...

This.

jammastershake
04-04-2012, 10:58 PM
I'm okay with the NBA refs.

gatkins11
04-04-2012, 11:00 PM

Bingo.

Kucka
04-04-2012, 11:18 PM
I think the NBA gets alot better in the playoffs because the refs actually let the teams play. I don't know if anyone watches the Celtics but listening to Tommy Heinsohn is great, dude just constantly sh*ts on the refs.

pd1dish
04-04-2012, 11:20 PM
I'm okay with the NBA refs.

its hard to pick up sarcasm on the internet, but im really hoping youre being sarcastic. the officiating has been bad for years and they love to favor the stars (although even with the stars, they pick and choose who to favor more). its so obvious that i really cant believe nothing has been done about it. $tern probably just figures that the more points the stars can score, the more entertaining it is for the average fan, thus bringing him more money. its all about how marketable you are as a player when it comes to getting fouls to go your way.

Fnom11
04-05-2012, 12:08 AM
They just need to be consistent. Like tonight for instance the Heat/Thunder game there were a lot of hard no calls and I don't mind that but you can't not call those one night and then call them the next. It's stupid and it fuvks with the players.