PDA

View Full Version : Softest team in the NBA

Wade>You
04-04-2012, 09:12 PM
Kendrick Perkins smacked Wade twice, once across the head, and what does Wade do? Walk away.

Russell Westbrook just grabbed LeBron while LBJ was in mid-air and what does LeBron do? Walk away.

Do any of the Heat players think to retaliate? The thought never crossed their mind.

SOFT.

The Heat won't win a championship until they grow a pair and make an example out of the next team that takes a cheap shot at them.

Anyone else agree that they're the softest team in the NBA?

Jenceman
04-04-2012, 09:14 PM
I think you're being sarcastic. I don't like the Heat, but they aren't anywhere near the softest team in the NBA.

Gators123
04-04-2012, 09:15 PM
I agree. They should let Dexter Pittmans fatass use his 6 fouls.

GiantsSwaGG
04-04-2012, 09:16 PM
The Heat are soft

Wade>You
04-04-2012, 09:16 PM
I think you're being sarcastic. I don't like the Heat, but they aren't anywhere near the softest team in the NBA.You name a team that you think is the softest, and I bet you they've taken a cheap shot at the Heat and ended up winning the game.

Davidgta1
04-04-2012, 09:17 PM
Yeah the heat are not soft as I say this lebron just hit a 3 at the buzzer lol

Ray_R
04-04-2012, 09:18 PM
I dont know I honestly haven't hugged many players but my guess would be big baby he is pretty chunky. So magic. Jameer seems nice to snuggle with.

Wade>You
04-04-2012, 09:20 PM
The Heat are softThey're the official punching bag of the NBA.

GoPacers33
04-04-2012, 09:24 PM
They are not soft they are smart unlike my 2005 Pacers. I wish Ron Artest would walk away. Id prefer the title of the softest teams in the NBA over a franchise in ruins from then until now

Cal827
04-04-2012, 09:25 PM
You clearly have never seen the Raptors play. We are softer than a family of kittens curled up together over a roll of Charmin. Hell, we have a PF who gets five rebounds per game, and he is constantly worshipped by our drug addicted GM :D

lol Miami should just basically start Howard-Haslem and go get some Miami Dolphins to fill up the roster

pd7631
04-04-2012, 09:26 PM
The Sixers are the softest team in the NBA....hands down.

Cubby
04-04-2012, 09:27 PM
LOL LeBron flopped.

Gators123
04-04-2012, 09:28 PM
LOL LeBron traveled.

Fixed.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-04-2012, 09:28 PM
Is the OP trying to bait on his own team? :confused:

Ray_R
04-04-2012, 09:30 PM
You clearly have never seen the Raptors play. We are softer than a family of kittens curled up together over a roll of Charmin, smelling like cinnamon rolls at 6 in the morning. Hell, we have a PF who gets five rebounds per game, and he is constantly worshipped by our drug addicted GM :D

lol Miami should just basically start Howard-Haslem and go get some Miami Dolphins to fill up the roster mmmmmmm

29$JerZ
04-04-2012, 09:31 PM
Being soft as baby poo isn't good mmkay

Cubby
04-04-2012, 09:33 PM
Fixed.

:laugh2:

Very true as well.

Cal827
04-04-2012, 09:35 PM
mmmmmmm

:laugh: Excellent addition

ayuntalo
04-04-2012, 09:36 PM
You name a team that you think is the softest, and I bet you they've taken a cheap shot at the Heat and ended up winning the game.

the clippers, take away Reggie Evans and you would mistake them as ***** Cat Dolls lol

C_Mund
04-04-2012, 09:39 PM
the clippers, take away Reggie Evans and you would mistake them as ***** Cat Dolls lol

Haha, thirteen teams are softer than Reggie alone!!

ayuntalo
04-04-2012, 09:39 PM
in hindsight, maybe the Heat really are the softest..
they got dEXTRA rice Pittman, and Eddy i eat Curry

those two maybe softer than the memphis buffet boys haha

Cal827
04-04-2012, 09:42 PM
Haha, thirteen teams are softer than Reggie alone!!

Reggie Evans was the only reason the Toronto Raptors weren't regulated down to a high school team in Alaska last season.

bostncelts34
04-04-2012, 09:46 PM
Lets start this off by saying, i hate the heat....

Now, it is a no win situation for all these athletes. They keep their cool and walk away, people call them soft. They retaliate and get suspended, people call them idiots/thugs blah blah. Since when is it bad to just walk away?

ayuntalo
04-04-2012, 09:48 PM
Lets start this off by saying, i hate the heat....

Now, it is a no win situation for all these athletes. They keep their cool and walk away, people call them soft. They retaliate and get suspended, people call them idiots/thugs blah blah. Since when is it bad to just walk away?

i think no one called them soft, other than the OP who is a heat fan

MrfadeawayJB
04-04-2012, 09:48 PM
Clips are pretty soft

bostncelts34
04-04-2012, 09:51 PM
i think no one called them soft, other than the OP who is a heat fan

I realize that, but you do here it pretty often. People are just never happy and just want to make a story out of something. But it is unusual he is baiting his own team lol

b@llhog24
04-04-2012, 09:52 PM
you clearly have never seen the raptors play. We are softer than a family of kittens curled up together over a roll of charmin. Hell, we have a pf who gets five rebounds per game, and he is constantly worshipped by our drug addicted gm :d

lol miami should just basically start howard-haslem and go get some miami dolphins to fill up the roster

lmao!

Cubby
04-04-2012, 10:04 PM
In my book, anyone who flops is soft. Therefore, the Clippers and Heat are both soft.

BKLYNpigeon
04-04-2012, 10:07 PM
The Heat are non-confrontational they wont step up to anyone unless their teammates are holding them back. The Heat needs an enforcer.

kdspurman
04-04-2012, 10:16 PM
Bosh is definitely soft. I don't know Miami is the softest as a whole. But if you look up soft big men, Bosh tops that list

kobes2good
04-04-2012, 10:18 PM
Ive been saying they're soft forever and lebron is a little baby he's softer then pau lol at least pau has a pair

meloman1592
04-04-2012, 10:29 PM
the heat because they have bosh

Bulls_fan90
04-04-2012, 10:36 PM
Lol what a bandwagon fan. Typical.

Jint.
04-04-2012, 10:36 PM
Supersonics

BKLYNpigeon
04-04-2012, 10:42 PM
Toronto is pretty damn soft.

BKLYNpigeon
04-04-2012, 10:43 PM
Ive been saying they're soft forever and lebron is a little baby he's softer then pau lol at least pau has a pair

agreed, Pau has been playing aggressively since the trade deadline.

Kyben36
04-04-2012, 10:54 PM
Kendrick Perkins smacked Wade twice, once across the head, and what does Wade do? Walk away.

Russell Westbrook just grabbed LeBron while LBJ was in mid-air and what does LeBron do? Walk away.

Do any of the Heat players think to retaliate? The thought never crossed their mind.

SOFT.

The Heat won't win a championship until they grow a pair and make an example out of the next team that takes a cheap shot at them.

no, but they could definitly use an enforcer down low, hell, they could use anyone at C who could at least make a layup right.

I dont think I would call them soft,

Cal827
04-04-2012, 11:09 PM
Softest teams in the NBA:

1. Raptors
2. Clippers
3. Heat
4. Raptors
5. Knicks. Take Tyson Chandler off that team and that team is softer than the finest silks that Britain obtained traveling the world in the early 1600s.

stawka
04-04-2012, 11:12 PM
If I was Wade and LeBron, I would have got up and punched them in the face... Then turned on my own crowd and start swinging punches at them... Then call my old mate Ron Artest... Changed his name these days to some crap?

THESE GUYS ARE PROFESSIONALS! Getting up and in someone's face could cause a fight leading to suspensions. Should they do that to prove they are "tough guys"?

Toxeryll
04-04-2012, 11:16 PM
YES, heat IS SOFT

LeMarcus
04-04-2012, 11:26 PM
Lol

KnIckFaN.2883
04-04-2012, 11:40 PM
toronto,clippers,and the hornets.

stawka
04-04-2012, 11:45 PM

Pau has a pair? Vagina flaps? Breasts? Rings? Maybe, definitely not testicles

pedrofan45
04-04-2012, 11:50 PM
Just because you don't retaliate doesn't mean your soft. Lebron knows a good foul, so does Wade. I think they're smart because not retaliating back results in no suspensions.

CHANGO
04-04-2012, 11:59 PM
Wade>You what a shame... :facepalm:

Me>You.

HuRRiCaNeS324
04-05-2012, 02:42 AM
****ing dumbass.

tyfreaks brotha
04-05-2012, 02:49 AM
Is the OP trying to bait on his own team? :confused: that's what I'm thinking lol

Pakman
04-05-2012, 03:33 AM
Both teams are soft. Shrug

LakersMaster24
04-05-2012, 03:46 AM
Both teams played hard.

TylerSL
04-05-2012, 07:30 AM
OP=dumb

What would you rather have? Lebron turn around and hit Westbrook? That would start a fight where a whole string of players get suspended and Lebron would get hit probably the hardest, his MVP chances would be gone, and the Heat would lose Lebron right as we start the heavy push for the playoffs. Same goes for Wade. Yea, I am glad Lebron and Wade walked away, why arent you?

justinnum1
04-05-2012, 07:41 AM
cant beleive the op made this thread:facepalm:

PHX2daDEATH
04-05-2012, 08:00 AM
The WHOLE league is SOFT what are you talking about, its Basketball not Hockey or Football..Where are my fellow Suns fans at to own up to the soft team here in Phoenix, Robert Horry's hip-check and Bruce Bowen's BS have still gone unchecked, We owe Tony Parker or Manu a flagrant.. I couldn't name one team in the league besides the current Bulls that could play in the 80's or 90's without getting constantly pushed around

MagicHero3
04-05-2012, 08:34 AM
hahaha at OP... probably a Thunder fan.... wait, a HEAT FAN? weird....

They arent soft, they just dont care. They knew OKC was trying to frustrate them with their physicality, so they were making sure not to fall into that trap. its called "composure" and its very important

MonroeFAN
04-05-2012, 08:37 AM
Soft? For not starting a fight?

I would say that's smart.

justinnum1
04-05-2012, 08:41 AM
Is the OP trying to bait on his own team? :confused:

Great question.

tcav701
04-05-2012, 09:29 AM
First of all, you can stand up for yourself, or at least to pretend to, without throwing a punch.

Its amazing that people in here seem to think its one or the other.

Personally, I think Miami is soft. Not because they dont get in Auburn Palace brawls but because when things get tough they quit.

chrisf975
04-05-2012, 09:59 AM
I don't get why everybody is saying that the heat are just being smart when they walk away from fights. In the heat of the moment right after somebody kicks you in the face, most people wouldn't stop to think wait, if i get in his face, then he gets back in my face then another teammate comes over they get involved... this could lead to suspensions. After Perkins kicked Wade in the face, Wade turned to say something to him saw that it was Perkins and turned and walked away. Wade is soft and so is Lebron not saying they are not two of the top five basketball players in the league that has nothing to do with it.

Da Knicks
04-05-2012, 10:23 AM
Softest teams in the NBA:

1. Raptors
2. Clippers
3. Heat
4. Raptors
5. Knicks. Take Tyson Chandler, Iman Shumpert, Carmelo Anthony, JR Smith, Jared Jeffries, Amare Stoudemire, Baron Davis off that team and that team is softer than the finest silks that Britain obtained traveling the world in the early 1600s.

fixed!

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-05-2012, 10:29 AM
fixed!

Amare is absolutely atrocious on defense, Melo and JR decent at best.

D-Leethal
04-05-2012, 11:08 AM
Amare is absolutely atrocious on defense, Melo and JR decent at best.

Being a bad defender makes you soft? Than apparently 75% of the league is soft.

And Melo is a great defender when hes locked in. Melo has lapses just like Durant and Love and Dirk and other great scorers do, but JR smith has been a beast on D. Hes all over the place and hustles his *** off on that end, he also eats a ton of charges and does work on the boards. What surprised me is when hes off shooting he actually UPS his D. Thats what Melo doesn't do. Melo misses shots and effects his D negatively. JR misses shots and goes all out on that end to make up for it. He, Shump, and Jeffries have been annihilating teams defensively with the second unit. JR's D has been the most pleasant surprise this season. He plays like a moron on the other end but his D is very good to great. Real talk. Watch some Knicks games.

Knicks have been #1 in the league in D under Woodson and 4th for the entire season, so base your opinions off real life and not reputation from past years.

And I personally think the Magic are the mentally softest team in the league. No leadership at all on that team.

tcav701
04-05-2012, 11:22 AM
Melo?!?!?!

Mr. Hit and Run is a tough guy.

hahahahaha.

And Amare is possibly the softest defender at his position, and there is stiff competition for that title.

celtNYpatsHeels
04-05-2012, 11:25 AM
Bosh - soft

LeBron - a little *****, but im 50/50 on if he is soft or not.

Wade, Haslem, Anthony, Battier, Chalmers - Not soft

Miller - never has been soft, but cant get on the court

I have no soft/not soft opinion on the rest of the squad

tking07
04-05-2012, 11:25 AM
I think the whole league is soft...

dalton749
04-05-2012, 11:47 AM
Guy saying Toronto is soft is a dummy maybe last year but far from it this year. Can be backed by stats like being 1st in the league in points aloud in the paint and no easy buckets. We play magloire just so he can beat up on people. And james Johnson would destroy 3/4 of the league in a fight

justinnum1
04-05-2012, 12:10 PM
Being a bad defender makes you soft? Than apparently 75% of the league is soft.

And Melo is a great defender when hes locked in. Melo has lapses just like Durant and Love and Dirk and other great scorers do, but JR smith has been a beast on D. Hes all over the place and hustles his *** off on that end, he also eats a ton of charges and does work on the boards. What surprised me is when hes off shooting he actually UPS his D. Thats what Melo doesn't do. Melo misses shots and effects his D negatively. JR misses shots and goes all out on that end to make up for it. He, Shump, and Jeffries have been annihilating teams defensively with the second unit. JR's D has been the most pleasant surprise this season. He plays like a moron on the other end but his D is very good to great. Real talk. Watch some Knicks games.

Knicks have been #1 in the league in D under Woodson and 4th for the entire season, so base your opinions off real life and not reputation from past years.

And I personally think the Magic are the mentally softest team in the league. No leadership at all on that team.

knicks are not number 1 in d, if they were they would have easily won the other night

blastmasta26
04-05-2012, 12:29 PM
Melo?!?!?!

Mr. Hit and Run is a tough guy.

hahahahaha.

And Amare is possibly the softest defender at his position, and there is stiff competition for that title.

Worst defender at his position, most likely yes. I don't know about softest though, he gets some nice blocks from time to time lol

But even if he is softest, Tyson alone makes the Knicks not soft. Jeffries too, dude draws more charges per game than LeBron scores points.

It is tough to defend Melo and Amare's softness though so I'll concede that.

RCarlson85
04-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Would it be better for Wade/Lebron to have jumped up after the hard fouls and punched someone? That would really do a lot of good. Too often people retaliate for crap like this and they end up getting themselves in as much trouble or more than the person who committed the hard foul. If someone like Pitt/Curry/Juwan were on the floor I would not have cared if they got into it with someone, but Wade/Lebron can't get involved in a tussle.

Stinkyoutsider
04-05-2012, 12:51 PM
IMO The Lakers are soft.

John Walls Era
04-05-2012, 02:47 PM
Softness doesn't matter anymore, teams aren't allowed to foul hard anyways. I give Heat a lot of credit as they WON the game. Mental toughness is underrated.

Laces-Out
04-05-2012, 02:51 PM
:clap::clap:
I think the whole league is soft...

Laces-Out
04-05-2012, 02:52 PM
i wish the nba was like the 90's

Slug3
04-05-2012, 03:31 PM
So wait you want Wade and James to chase after Perk and Westbrook and start throwing punches and then perhaps be suspended for awhile? They did the correct thing, they beat them at the game, there is no need to try and pick a fight after someone gets fouled hard. The refs did a great job yesterday, they called a tech on Perkins and a flagrant on Westbrook.

utl768
04-05-2012, 03:33 PM
rose is pretty soft so ill go with the bulls

Ebbs
04-05-2012, 04:02 PM
Disagree entirely with the OP they showed class... You don't want your two best players getting suspended or retaliating.

Lol silly thread

Lakers + Giants
04-05-2012, 04:07 PM
IMO The Lakers are soft.

Another coward making an account to talk ****. :laugh:

robbnen#31
04-05-2012, 04:10 PM
As a Warriors fan I would have to say we are probably one of the softest, if not the softest team in the NBA.

CHANGO
04-05-2012, 05:57 PM
This is for YOU... Wade>YOU

"I said, 'Look what they're doing to us, look at what they're doing to our guys,' " Wade said following Wednesday's game, with the Heat given Thursday off in advance of Friday's visit by the Memphis Grizzlies. "When it's time for these kind of games, we have guys who can step up and do it."

He then offered a most curious choice of words, considering that last season Thunder forward Kevin Durant called Heat forward Chris Bosh one of the league's "fake tough guys."

"We're not fake tough guys, we're not TV thugs," Wade continued. "We go out and play basketball. When it's time to get into the fight, we have a lot of guys who can get into it."

Or, in this case, perhaps use it for season-turning motivation.

"Everybody else has a truth about our team," coach Erik Spoelstra said, "but we're not afraid of these type of games."

NYMetros
04-05-2012, 06:05 PM
Bobcats, Wizards, Warriors

Longhornfan1234
04-05-2012, 08:04 PM
Miami Heat...

LeBron is not soft...but Wade, Bosh, and Chalmers are .

kingsdelez24
04-05-2012, 08:20 PM
You clearly have never seen the Raptors play. We are softer than a family of kittens curled up together over a roll of Charmin. Hell, we have a PF who gets five rebounds per game, and he is constantly worshipped by our drug addicted GM :D

lol Miami should just basically start Howard-Haslem and go get some Miami Dolphins to fill up the roster

I always thought colangelo looked like a coke head

lamzoka
04-05-2012, 08:20 PM
i think barkley got a free pass curse on national tv

smith&wesson
04-05-2012, 08:31 PM

SOFT.

i disagree.

if kendrick perkins gets suspended its no big deal. okc can live with out him a few games.

wade and lebron are the heart and soul of the HEAT. they cant afford to miss games due to suspension. they shouldnt let perkins sucker them in to his little game.

im a kick boxer. fighting is all about athletisicm, co-ordination, skill, speed, and focus. perkins doesnt have any of these things. all he has is size.

perkins is no tough guy, he is a meat head and a gimick. if he wants to fight put him in a cage with alistair overeem. real fighters would make him there biotch.

Lebron and wade are as physical as any player in basket ball. basket ball is a non contact sport.

im not a heat fan this is my honest opinion.

west brook is hot headed. one day that temper of his is going to cost his team because he is a huge part okc's success and they need him.

Cubby
04-05-2012, 08:51 PM
rose is pretty soft so ill go with the bulls

:laugh2:

Half your damn team is soft.

smith&wesson
04-05-2012, 08:54 PM
disagree entirely with the op they showed class... You don't want your two best players getting suspended or retaliating.

+1