PDA

View Full Version : what is up with magics love of lbj?

mdm692
04-04-2012, 08:07 PM
Every time i watch a pre-game show with magic it sickens me how much magic d### rides lbj. Is it because lebron is the closest thing to resemble him? YES LEBRON IS THE BEST ALL AROUND PLAYER IN THE GAME TODAY. But i still dont understand magic.

D-Leethal
04-04-2012, 08:20 PM
Magic probably sees a lot of himself in LBJ and LBJ has said from day 1 he modeled his game after Magic, so I'm sure Magic appreciates that a guy of his talent level wanted to be like him and not Jordan like the rest of the world.

5ass
04-04-2012, 08:25 PM
Magic probably sees a lot of himself in LBJ and LBJ has said from day 1 he modeled his game after Magic, so I'm sure Magic appreciates that a guy of his talent level wanted to be like him and not Jordan like the rest of the world.

exactly this

smith&wesson
04-04-2012, 08:26 PM
yep ive been saying this forever now. the best comparison to magic johnson is lebron james.

mdm692
04-04-2012, 08:43 PM
And i completely agree with all three post but he makes it too obvious lol. He should do more indepth analyzing, that is what he gets paid to do.
Magic who would you take for tonights game
Lebron
Magic who would you take for the mvp
Lebron
Magic who would you take for cy young award
Lebron
Magic who would you take in a hot dog eating contest
Lebron

DodgerBulls
04-04-2012, 08:45 PM
And i completely agree with all three post but he makes it too obvious lol. He should do more indepth analyzing, that is what he gets paid to do.
Magic who would you take for tonights game
Lebron
Magic who would you take for the mvp
Lebron
Magic who would you take for cy young award
Lebron
Magic who would you take in a hot dog eating contest
Lebron

Oh man oh man... wait for the jokes.

naps
04-04-2012, 08:51 PM
OP sounds mad.

mdm692
04-04-2012, 08:54 PM
OP sounds mad.

How do i sound mad im not bashing lebron. In fact i admit he is the best player in the game today. I just get tired of magic anytime they ask him a question he says lebron james lol. He is the opposite of skip bayless.

DerekRE_3
04-04-2012, 08:57 PM
I read this thread as "what's up with Magic's love of BJ's" and I'm not sorry about it. Neither is Magic. BJ's are great.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-04-2012, 09:02 PM

From a talent perspective, yeah, maybe they're close.

From a mental aspect of how to approach the game, Magic as a young rookie was light yrs ahead than LeBron currently in his 9th season.

BULLSFAN0810
04-04-2012, 09:16 PM
Lets be real...LBJ is a very good player...Prob rarer than a Jordan type. No player in the last decade or so has the ability and stat stuffing capabilities that LBJ has. The last person to be this all around good is MJ,but he is in another catagory. A player like LBJ is just as rare. The last such player like LBJ was Oscar Robinson/Some say Magic. A 6-6 to 6-9 All around player ,unguardable almost... and does it all Defensively. I see why Magic likes LBJ.

bucketss
04-04-2012, 09:19 PM
i thought magic was a lebron hater

njnets
04-04-2012, 09:21 PM
the most comparable person for lbj is magic. he probably sees a lot of himself talent wise in lbj so i see why he likes lebron.

naps
04-04-2012, 09:31 PM
Lets be real...LBJ is a very good player...Prob rarer than a Jordan type. No player in the last decade or so has the ability and stat stuffing capabilities that LBJ has. The last person to be this all around good is MJ,but he is in another catagory. A player like LBJ is just as rare. The last such player like LBJ was Oscar Robinson/Some say Magic. A 6-6 to 6-9 All around player ,unguardable almost... and does it all Defensively. I see why Magic likes LBJ.

Thank you!

Now STFU haters. When Magic makes jokes of LeBron it's OK but when he claims LeBron as the best it's not? GTFO! Magic understands the game better than everybody on PSD combined. So when he makes a judgement on someone's game it's more than legit.

justinnum1
04-04-2012, 09:34 PM
greatness sees greatness

mdm692
04-04-2012, 09:35 PM
Thank you!

Now STFU haters. When Magic makes jokes of LeBron it's OK but when he claims LeBron as the best it's not? GTFO! Magic understands the game better than everybody on PSD combined. So when he makes a judgement on someone's game it's more than legit.

you mad bro?!?!?

nickdymez
04-04-2012, 09:53 PM
How do i sound mad im not bashing lebron. In fact i admit he is the best player in the game today. I just get tired of magic anytime they ask him a question he says lebron james lol. He is the opposite of skip bayless.

You must not be familiar with Naps....

Sactown
04-04-2012, 11:00 PM
Lebron put up 30 points 10 assist 7 rebounds 4 steals a block on 50% shooting... Yeah.. That's what he's talking about ladies and gentlemen

Raps08-09 Champ
04-04-2012, 11:06 PM

Why don't you make a thread "What is up with Bayless' hate of LBJ'?

Why question one side but not the another? Why are you tired of someone's love for Lebron but don't question when someone blatantly insults him?

Sactown
04-04-2012, 11:08 PM

Why question one side but not the another?

Apparently Lebron James not joining the Suns was only a shock to him :rolleyes:

MarkieMark48
04-04-2012, 11:13 PM
He has a love fest for Kobe when they do Lakers games...

The Flash
04-04-2012, 11:27 PM
From a talent perspective, yeah, maybe they're close.

From a mental aspect of how to approach the game, Magic as a young rookie was light yrs ahead than LeBron currently in his 9th season.

Yeah i thought they used to call Magic, Tragic Magic

Gibby
04-04-2012, 11:28 PM
i disagree with the op. after the last okc/heat game he said durant should be the mvp. nothing wrong with him saying lebron is the mvp and picking lebron over durant. most people here would do the same.

mdm692
04-04-2012, 11:32 PM

Why question one side but not the another? Why are you tired of someone's love for Lebron but don't question when someone blatantly insults him?

Because skip bayless gets paid to criticize him lol and magic gets paid to analyze the game as a whole not just dick ride lebron. By the way skip is funny as hell although he is obsessed with lebron.

P.S. who the heck said im upset at lebron not joining the suns :facepalm: slap yourself. We never had a chance at him even steve kerr, gm at the time, said they would gladly let lebron join if he took an mle.

ManRam
04-04-2012, 11:34 PM
I don't get why people get so mad when people support, stand up for, defend, etc. the best player in the league. It's like some people don't think that's OK...

Odd...

naps
04-04-2012, 11:40 PM
Make a thread on "Skip Bayless's irrational hate on LBJ." Then this thread will gain some ground.

naps
04-04-2012, 11:42 PM
I don't get why people get so mad when people support, stand up for, defend, etc. the best player in the league. It's like some people don't think that's OK...

Odd...

And those same people love it when someone bashes/calls out LeBron.

mdm692
04-04-2012, 11:45 PM
I dont understand how some poeple here are considered "vets" and "mods" do you guys even read the title. THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT LEBRON, in fact i give him props for being the best in the world. Magic is just OBSESSED, just like skip, with lebron james. If some people watched the nba pre-game shows continuously they would know what i am talking about.

ManRam
04-04-2012, 11:47 PM
I dont understand how some poeple here are considered "vets" and "mods" do you guys even read the title. THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT LEBRON, in fact i give him props for being the best in the world. Magic is just OBSESSED, just like skip, with lebron james. If some people watched the nba pre-game shows continuously they would know what i am talking about.

Why is he obsessed?

Because he praises the best player in the world. It's not like he gushes over him...he just gives him his props...and many people feel there are a lot of props worth giving. It's not like he'll only talk about him. It's not like he'll bring the name up every second he can.

:shrug:

I don't get how he's obsessed. He doesn't go out of his way like Skip does to praise LeBron every second he can. He doesn't go on twitter after every game, win or lose, to suck LeBron's dick.

I don't see obsession...I just see praise.

Raph12
04-04-2012, 11:57 PM
Well Lebron is the better version of Magic, so Magic's infatuation with Lebron is quite normal... If someone has modelled his game after you, yet produces more and does it more efficiently, that would impress anyone.

naps
04-05-2012, 12:02 AM
why is he obsessed?

Because he praises the best player in the world. It's not like he gushes over him...he just gives him his props...and many people feel there are a lot of props worth giving. It's not like he'll only talk about him. It's not like he'll bring the name up every second he can.

:shrug:

I don't get how he's obsessed. He doesn't go out of his way like skip does to praise lebron every second he can. He doesn't go on twitter after every game, win or lose, to suck lebron's dick.

I don't see obsession...i just see praise.

+1.

CHANGO
04-05-2012, 12:03 AM
Maybe... He's just right? ???

Maybe Lebron's the MVP.
Maybe Lebron's the best player.

???

Raps08-09 Champ
04-05-2012, 10:43 AM
Because skip bayless gets paid to criticize him lol and magic gets paid to analyze the game as a whole not just dick ride lebron. By the way skip is funny as hell although he is obsessed with lebron.

:laugh2:

Are you saying because it's funny to diss Lebron, it's okay?

Also, praising a player for being talented is not wrong, especially when that player is having the season that he is. Everyone did the same thing with Jordan. With Kobe. And they'll do the same with Durant and Rose. It's not wrong for Magic to talk about Lebron because in reality, he's been having an amazing season.

You don't expect him to talk about Joel Anthony, do you? I'd assume that someone asked him questions or the topic was about Lebron or could have been interrelated to Lebron and he was voicing his opinion on it. If the topic was about Kobe and Durant with no way possible that it could be tied back to Lebron and yet he still praises Lebron, it's a cause for concern.

Outside of that, this thread isn't doing anyone a favour.

JordansBulls
04-05-2012, 04:15 PM
Every time i watch a pre-game show with magic it sickens me how much magic d### rides lbj. Is it because lebron is the closest thing to resemble him? YES LEBRON IS THE BEST ALL AROUND PLAYER IN THE GAME TODAY. But i still dont understand magic.

Because he can sympathize with Lebron's decision. Magic came out of school wanting to play with the best player in the league in Kareem a proven winner and finals mvp winner. Lebron as well wanted to go play with the best player in the league in Wade who as well is a proven winner. So they understand where each is coming from.

joe1nas
04-05-2012, 04:21 PM

Lebron is not the best player in the game peiple need to stop saying that

FraziersKnicks
04-05-2012, 04:29 PM
Maybe... He's just right? ???

Maybe Lebron's the MVP.
Maybe Lebron's the best player.

???

What are you on about?? Logic and sense have no place in this forum.....

:rolleyes:

FraziersKnicks
04-05-2012, 04:31 PM
Because he can sympathize with Lebron's decision. Magic came out of school wanting to play with the best player in the league in Kareem a proven winner and finals mvp winner. Lebron as well wanted to go play with the best player in the league in Wade who as well is a proven winner. So they understand where each is coming from.

Spot on JB :clap: You always make fantastic, sensical points.

raiderfaninTX
04-05-2012, 04:40 PM

are you serious?

mdm692
04-05-2012, 11:19 PM

Im one of the biggest lebron haters in psd but come on :facepalm:

TylerSL
04-06-2012, 12:46 AM
Magic appreciates Lebrons talent rather than hate on him about something that happened almost 2 years ago. Much like how most people sit back and appreciate Kobe's game.

TylerSL
04-06-2012, 12:47 AM

Lebron is clearly the best player. You are being a homer.