PDA

View Full Version : top 10 Best Highlight Reel Players

Rain City
04-04-2012, 12:13 PM
These guys have to be legit NBA players that have had legit NBA careers, no streetball legends that had a cup of coffee in the L.

Of all time
1. Michael Jordan
2. Magic Johnson
3. Vince Carter
4. Dominique Wilkins
5. Shawn Kemp
6. Lebron James
7. Julius Erving
8. Pete Maravich
9. Allen Iverson
10. Shaq

Too bad Connie Hawkins, David Thompson and others were before my time and to me do not have the material that Dr. J and Pistol Pete have who are fixtures on vintage NBA highlight reels. MJ's early days are ridiculous and his clout needs to put him and Magic 1 and 2. Iverson wasnt the above the rim player but I needed to put probably the all time greatest ankle breaker, and Shaq had to represent the Big Men, his early day highlights are something to marvel at. Shout out to Larry Nance, Clyde Drexler, Charles Barkley, Steve Francis, Jason Richardson and Baron Davis who all have unbelievable highlight reels.

Today's top 10
1. Blake Griffin
2. Lebron James
3. Dwayne Wade
4. Javale McGee
5. Josh Smith
6. Russell Westbrook
7. Dwight Howard
8. Rajon Rondo
9. Demar Derozan
10.Ricky Rubio

Blake has to be unainamous number 1, and I dont see how anyone can break the top 3 after Lebron and Wade, since they play together now probably helps their cause. I struggled after that and am wondering who I am missing, Rando and Rubio make the list as dazzling passers, Howard has so many dunks i had to put him on. I thought about adding Gerald Green but he only has a handful of plays in his career to make a highlight reel. There has to be players from smaller markets I am missing, maybe Paul George or Gerald Wallace.

airforceones25
04-04-2012, 12:17 PM
Derrick Rose needs to be on your list... I don't agree with Dwight Howard being in the Top 10 either..

b@llhog24
04-04-2012, 12:18 PM
Tim Duncan.

Gators123
04-04-2012, 12:23 PM
Jason Maxiell, hes not really good at anything besides having awesome looking blocks and dunks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Raj6e2pSpEQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDD5GAivH7c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bBeGy5Lroo

mike44
04-04-2012, 12:26 PM
Rose needs to be on there. Id have Kobe on the all time list also.

Rain City
04-04-2012, 12:28 PM
Maxiell could definitely be on this list as an unsung guy who makes incredible plays, I was thinking about doing a list of best players whose highlight reel could put you to sleep, Tim Duncan and Antawn Jamison would definitely make that list. LOL

kdspurman
04-04-2012, 01:07 PM
Maxiell could definitely be on this list as an unsung guy who makes incredible plays, I was thinking about doing a list of best players whose highlight reel could put you to sleep, Tim Duncan and Antawn Jamison would definitely make that list. LOL

If it's a high light reel, it wouldn't put you to sleep :facepalm:

Tim has had a bunch of high lights over his career. Or did you just start watching basketball the last 2 years?

Jamison was fun to watch too when he came into the league.

Rain City
04-04-2012, 01:28 PM
If it's a high light reel, it wouldn't put you to sleep :facepalm:

Tim has had a bunch of high lights over his career. Or did you just start watching basketball the last 2 years?

Jamison was fun to watch too when he came into the league.

Come on now, these guys are great players but super boring to watch compared to other great NBA players, TD got the nickname The Big Fundamental, long ago, he is far from a highlight artist.

Cal827
04-04-2012, 01:30 PM
Shawn Bradley.. How man people made the highlight reel as much as him... I know he was the one posterized in about 90% of them, but still lol

Furymaker
04-04-2012, 01:33 PM
no Rose ? damn

Rain City
04-04-2012, 01:42 PM
no Rose ? damn

Rose and Kobe to me are great, great players but are they really that exciting compared to other superstars? Kobe was more so back in the day, actually he was really exciting. D Rose may be limited in Chicago's system, they never fast break, it is half court ball, it is exciting to see him get past his man at will but he doesnt dunk alot, not an alleyooper and is not an imaginative player.

Baller1
04-04-2012, 01:51 PM
Lebron, Griffin, Westbrook, Rose, and Wade are the top 5.

Sly Guy
04-04-2012, 01:54 PM
vince is #1. We're talking highlights and not winning. VC has everyone beat in that regard.

Furymaker
04-04-2012, 01:55 PM
You gotta be kidding me , all these things Rubio and Rondo make are more impressive to you than Rose's layups , crossovers , dunks etc. ? ( I'm not saying their assists aren't breathtaking) .We had thread in here about most exciting players in league , Rose was top 5 , behind Griffin , maybe Lebron .

Kuya_Clive
04-04-2012, 02:01 PM
I would put Rose up their. He may not dunk a lot but when it does, it is definitely exciting to watch. His layups are also amazing to watch imo as well. Seriously, watch his highlight mixtapes on youtube because he is exciting as hell to watch.

kdspurman
04-04-2012, 02:05 PM
Come on now, these guys are great players but super boring to watch compared to other great NBA players, TD got the nickname The Big Fundamental, long ago, he is far from a highlight artist.

I never said a highlight reel. But when he first came in the league he was a beast. And I take it by highlights you mean dunks. He had quite a bit of those in his prime...

3mikee_
04-04-2012, 02:15 PM
Tim Duncan.

LOL! That just made my day...
Yea D12 shouldn't be in their.. his highlights are very very very boring. All he really does are two hand power dunks, other than in his earlier years when he had some impressive alley oops

ThuglifeJ
04-04-2012, 02:15 PM
first time ive actualy agreed with the OP!!! NICE LIST! well almost.

1. VC cannot be topped highlight wise. imo. Iv just seen too much 360 dunks, handles, 360 layups, gwinners, windmill alley oops..

He even fades when hes open!

and you totally forgot T-MAC and JASON WILLIAMS.
J will was an absolute beast possibly top 10 all time on highlights reel list.

Antwerp_nr1
04-04-2012, 02:24 PM
Shawn Bradley.. How man people made the highlight reel as much as him... I know he was the one posterized in about 90% of them, but still lol

:laugh: I couldn't agree with you more

JayW_1023
04-04-2012, 02:31 PM
Rondo and Manu, then the rest.

FraziersKnicks
04-04-2012, 02:35 PM
No one's mentioned Manu yet :facepalm:

FraziersKnicks
04-04-2012, 02:36 PM
Rondo and Manu, then the rest.

Didn't see your post..

JayW_1023
04-04-2012, 02:45 PM
I just love players with flair and fearlessness...Rondo and Manu don't look for highlights forcefully like most NBA players, it just comes natural to them, because they are both such intense competitors. They can create a play out of almost nothing.

How many times has Manu passed through the legs of an opponent in the blink of an eye like it was nothing? Or Rondo diving headfirst to snatch the ball between Jason Williams' legs. Those are highlights to me. Dunks and crossovers have actually become redundant to me.

Rondo is a 6'1 guard who crashes the offensive glass, ya gotta love that. Both Rondo and Manu played hurt in the postseason last year and still made a few highlight reels with one arm.

Rain City
04-04-2012, 02:51 PM
I just love players with flair and fearlessness...Rondo and Manu don't look for highlights forcefully like most NBA players, it just comes natural to them, because they are both such intense competitors. They can create a play out of almost nothing.

How many times has Manu passed through the legs of an opponent in the blink of an eye like it was nothing? Or Rondo diving headfirst to snatch the ball between Jason Williams' legs. Those are highlights to me. Dunks and crossovers have actually become redundant to me.

Rondo is a 6'1 guard who crashes the offensive glass, ya gotta love that. Both Rondo and Manu played hurt in the postseason last year and still made a few highlight reels with one arm.

I completely agree with your praise of Rando and Manu, they are very unusual yet dominant players in their own right, and they give a fan there money's worth. Not only that they are both winners! Champions!

An up and coming exciting player in this mold; Isaiah Thomas, Mr Irrelevant was WC ROM for 2nd straight month. He is not going to throwdown many dunks, but it is very exciting to see a guy 5ft9 play at a high level, for his size he has to give an all out effort and use creativity to make things happen on the offensive end. As a fan you gotta love this guy.

Chronz
04-04-2012, 03:11 PM
Stromile Swift

I used to play Shais Stro Show Mixtape all the time back in the day

Hellcrooner
04-04-2012, 03:18 PM
All time?
No order
Dominique wilkins, D thompson, Kemp, Harold Miner, Magic Johnson, Jordan, Dr J, Maravich, V Carter, Darryl Dawkins.

Now?
No order
Lebron, Griffin, Rubio, Rose, Paul, Josh Smith, Derozan, Nash, D williams (wolves), Ibaka ( yes blocks are nice too)

49GiantWarriors
04-04-2012, 03:31 PM
How does no one mention Monta Ellis? Everything he does is a highlight

b@llhog24
04-04-2012, 07:06 PM
Although seriously Manu and Bird are some pretty good canidates. I like skill highlights over athletism highlights.

samus
04-04-2012, 07:12 PM
i dont know how no one has mentioned kobe Bryant. from buzzer beaters, dunks, ridiculous shots??? ... all-time and this season!

samus
04-04-2012, 07:15 PM
first time ive actualy agreed with the OP!!! NICE LIST! well almost.

1. VC cannot be topped highlight wise. imo. Iv just seen too much 360 dunks, handles, 360 layups, gwinners, windmill alley oops..

He even fades when hes open!

and you totally forgot T-MAC and JASON WILLIAMS.
J will was an absolute beast possibly top 10 all time on highlights reel list.

you no your shiz! tmac and white chocolate. id try find that elbow pass if i could be bothered

Ezio
04-04-2012, 07:20 PM
People are sleeping on Pippen.

Furymaker
04-04-2012, 07:33 PM
Shawn Kemp , JR Smith , prime Gerald Wallace ( blocks , dunks ) , Charles Barkley ( man was beast ) , i love watching Nash highlights , Jamal Crawford and shake'n'bake crossover , real shake'n'bake , a lot of others .

naps
04-05-2012, 12:19 AM
Today's top 10
1. Blake Griffin
2. Lebron James
3. Dwayne Wade
4. Javale McGee
5. Josh Smith
6. Russell Westbrook
7. Dwight Howard
8. Rajon Rondo
9. Demar Derozan
10.Ricky Rubio

Rose is not in top 10? You just opened the can of worms. Good luck.