PDA

View Full Version : Howard wants stan van OUT!!

waveycrockett
04-04-2012, 11:21 AM
RT @EyeOnBasketball Report: Dwight Howard wants Stan Van Gundy fired. http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/18294135/report-dwight-howard-wants-stan-van-gundy-fired Thanks for sticking around, Dwight!

LOL WOWZER. Just when we thought it was over

justinnum1
04-04-2012, 11:23 AM
Howard is a ****ing idiot. SVG is a top 5 coach in this league imo. Mcmilan will be the next coach of orlando, but SVG will have plenty of job offers

Shmontaine
04-04-2012, 11:25 AM
LOL at this guy... torpedoing the magic before his exit....

BRILLIANT!!!!!!

i bet he wants VDN to go with his Glen Davis recommendation...

k.smith904
04-04-2012, 11:25 AM
according to local news sports segment director....

seems legit.

Cal827
04-04-2012, 11:28 AM
Howard is a ****ing idiot. SVG is a top 5 coach in this league imo. Mcmilan will be the next coach of orlando, but SVG will have plenty of job offers

This.

:facepalm: This guy really needs to see a therapist.

1-800-STFU
04-04-2012, 11:31 AM
Howard is such a clown.

Immaturity through the roof. This guy probably hasn't been told "no" once in his whole life.

He115ing
Watch them get Dantoni!! LMAO

ichitownclowni
SVG to LA Clipps? Let rumors begin?

Lakeshow24KB
04-04-2012, 11:32 AM
Lol. Thank god he never came.

Cal827
04-04-2012, 11:34 AM

Definitely. By know, he would be demanding that they release Kobe, send Bynum and Gasol to NJ for Anthony Morrow, and demand to play the point guard With Steve Blake and Troy Murphy playing the inside spot.

It's going to be really bad next year, when he leaves after wrecking the Magic completely. They should have got him to exercise the option, then dealt him away right after, along with sending him a text message stating "U Mad?"... It's not like he had a NTC lol

meloman1592
04-04-2012, 11:36 AM
As much of you guys are bashing Howard, you would all love to have him on your team...porlly not laker fans but all 29 other teams would

haggis
04-04-2012, 11:36 AM
:laugh2:

THE GIPPER
04-04-2012, 11:38 AM
ORL should get Mcmillan and sign Nash in the offseason

tcav701
04-04-2012, 11:38 AM
should have traded him.

stupid move to sign up for another year of this ****.

justinnum1
04-04-2012, 11:39 AM
If you thought cle enabled lebron, howard owns the magic...

srfr4life
04-04-2012, 11:42 AM
It would be interesting to see how McMillan approaches his game plan with the pieces we have.

I'm all for Nash!

... and I think Howard is still an idiot. Van Gundy isn't the problem. It's Otis!

Rivera
04-04-2012, 11:43 AM
i thought dwight didnt want the power to fire Otis or SVG

we should have gotten rid of him when we had the chance

tcav701
04-04-2012, 11:43 AM
If you thought cle enabled lebron, howard owns the magic...

Exactly.

So far the lockout has changed nothing, two years from now is when we will finally see a respectable league.

Cal827
04-04-2012, 11:49 AM
i thought dwight didnt want the power to fire Otis or SVG

we should have gotten rid of him when we had the chance

:laugh::laugh: That sig is hilarious.

oak2455
04-04-2012, 11:50 AM
Funny he will be gone and Howard will stay

Antwerp_nr1
04-04-2012, 12:00 PM
I have lost every respect for dwight, acting like a kid who freaks out after someone says no to him. Come on Van Gundy give him a good spanking and maby he will turn around

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-04-2012, 12:05 PM
Remember when the Cavs fired Mike Brown to please LeBron, and then LeBron left anyways like a month later in the offseason?

rapjuicer06
04-04-2012, 12:11 PM
Firing Stan wouldn't be smart, but then again we lose for the same reason we win. Stan loves the 3 point shot on offense and when Orlanda is cold, they get their *** beat. Can't win a championship like that.

Baller1
04-04-2012, 12:11 PM
Dwight has literally lost so much respect throughout this whole process. What an idiot.

rapjuicer06
04-04-2012, 12:12 PM
And while I'm sick of Dwight...its not just him that wants Stan gone. Its a good majority of the players

Gators123
04-04-2012, 12:13 PM
Stan is a good coach. Dwight is a clown.

BigBongTheory
04-04-2012, 12:17 PM
I wouldn't mind him coaching the lakers.

shep33
04-04-2012, 12:19 PM
Yes! Maybe the Lakers can pick up Stan Van

Baller1
04-04-2012, 12:24 PM
And while I'm sick of Dwight...its not just him that wants Stan gone. Its a good majority of the players

Yeah, but it's very plausible to assume that they're simply following their leader. If Dwight respected and endorsed Stan, I'm sure most of the other players on the team would follow suit.

Dwight wants to be the man on a winning team, but I'm not so sure it's possible. He's too immature and not a leader.

Rain City
04-04-2012, 12:34 PM
:clap:

Ive seen this for years that stan and dwight's personalities are not a fit, and Dwight hasnt praised him in years, the thing is Stan is a good and probably the kinda coach Dwight needs. Dwight is a dink.

Lakers + Giants
04-04-2012, 12:45 PM
Bynum for Howard. Just do it already!

Laces-Out
04-04-2012, 12:47 PM
SVG will be coaching the Knicks next year

oak2455
04-04-2012, 12:53 PM
SVG will be coaching the Knicks next year

his brother has a better chance of coaching the Knicks

tredigs
04-04-2012, 12:55 PM
Bynum and Howard are really trying to one up another this season. Best center battle in ages.

Someone's getting a great head coach next season.

Sadds The Gr8
04-04-2012, 12:56 PM
Why doesn't he just fire him? Didn't they make him the GM and owner already?

...idiots.

ghettosean
04-04-2012, 01:06 PM
That's ****ing crazy.... What is this guy doing I don't think the coach is the problem is that amount of talent surrounding him but i guess he'll find out.

Maybe he wants to get Mike Brown over there (coach swap) makes sense right ;)

b@llhog24
04-04-2012, 01:09 PM
Bynum for Howard. Just do it already!

Lol maybe Stan will actually try to work in the post more if his center is shooting 3's. :p

Matrix3132
04-04-2012, 01:12 PM

Dwight doesn't want nash, it might hurt the Magic's chances of getting guys Dwight really wants to play with like Stephen Jackson

Missing56&33
04-04-2012, 01:30 PM

If the Knicks beat them on national TV Thursday, like they did a week ago , I think Howard will get wish......SVG will be gone just like Mcmillian at the hands of the Knicks.

MagicBucsSox
04-04-2012, 01:30 PM
Lmao you ppl eat up any article put out. This is a nonsense article made by DAVE PINGALORE. The guy creates news and never ever had an interview with Dwight. And you ppl should stop bringing up the nets bc if he wanted to be there HE'D BE THERE.
Simple minded people smh

mightymouse407
04-04-2012, 01:34 PM
is stan a good coach?yes. can he win 50games a season?yes. but i feel any coach could do the same thing. his offensive mind set to me is terrible just go out n jack up 3s lets make a SF play PF cause he can stretch the floor n let dwight be the only rebounder on the team. it would be the best thing to me Ive been calling for otis and stans head make it happen dwight.

MagicBucsSox
04-04-2012, 01:34 PM
Firing Stan wouldn't be smart, but then again we lose for the same reason we win. Stan loves the 3 point shot on offense and when Orlanda is cold, they get their *** beat. Can't win a championship like that.

We Lose bc personnel. His system was different in Mia and was 3mins and 2star. Injuries(no one mentions) from the finals. Wasn't his decision to play Nelson in the finals either. The a great coach but Otis Smith is the problem not stan

justinnum1
04-04-2012, 01:37 PM

you lose because you dint have a legit closer. Also dwights effort is non existent on some nights...

SVG is far from the problem.

Super.
04-04-2012, 01:39 PM
wat

PacersForLife
04-04-2012, 01:49 PM

http://www.cediacrosspoint.com/system/files/TheOffice-ThatsWhatSheSaid-Michael.jpg

Sly Guy
04-04-2012, 01:50 PM
I wouldn't shed stan as a coach just yet. Orlando's been in a horrible cap situation for so long he's done well to do with the limitations on them for altering their roster. 3pt shooters galore, but that's as much the GMs fault as it is stan's.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-04-2012, 01:55 PM

ahjahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah :facepalm:

Ebbs
04-04-2012, 01:58 PM
What baller said Dwight went from one of the the more loveable superstars to the top 3 most hated.

hgtiger32
04-04-2012, 02:09 PM
SVG come coach the Bucks please!!!

3mikee_
04-04-2012, 02:11 PM
Whats wrong with SVG.. why is Dwight being so stupid.. does he want like Phil Jackson or something

JasonJohnHorn
04-04-2012, 02:55 PM
Source doesn't sound all that great. I do believe Howard thinks SVG doenst use him enough on the offence, and I'm sure that is a point of contention, but SVG is getting wins out of this team, and the bottom line is that Howard's offensive game is limitted.

I'm not sure how much truth there is to this, but I hate when players get coaches fired. Especially when the play may very well be leaving next season. Had Howard comitted to the Magic during the offseason, they would have been able to sign a free agent, but just like when LBJ wouldnt extend his contract with the Cavs, Howard wouldnt do it with the Magic, so free agents didnt want to sign a long-term contract with a team that was going to be without its franchise player at the end of the season. By waiting until he was mid-way through the season to commit, he ruined the Magic's chances of drawing any quality free agents with the MLE, and this offseason its going to be much the same.

Orlando is essentially going to go through two straight years of waiting on Howard, and free agents this upcoming offseason will avoid signing with Orlando for fear of getting locked into a team with no franchise player. So with Howard supposedly complaining about the coaching, and the GM, it seems as though he's hurting Orlando more than helping them.

Its hard to play through drama, and Howard has been a huge source of drama all season long, and will be next year as well.

I feel bad for Orlando fans.

Cfrey
04-04-2012, 03:04 PM
It's funny how LeBron is more hated on than Dwight Howard just for the decision..

yet Howard has been ****ing around for months and being an immature ******* throughout the entire season.. just pathetic

shep33
04-04-2012, 03:12 PM
The two best bigs in the game are also the two most immature... Cousins is starting to play well, so he might be the 3rd best by next year lol.

All-Character team

JayW_1023
04-04-2012, 03:15 PM
DeMarcus might actually end up more mature than Dwight 'n Drew combined.

Slug3
04-04-2012, 03:22 PM
I believe Shaq didnt want Stan to coach the Heat either. Guess big men just dont like him.

thekmp211
04-04-2012, 03:33 PM
he's literally the worst of them all. maybe sign an extention, then worry about who is coaching the team you may or may not be playing for next year. whoever replaces stan will probably be a downgrade, so this is just one more step towards howard leaving. he will quickly find with svg's replacement that the grass is not always greener.

still, orlando only has themselves to blame for this nonsense. i would have traded him as soon as it was clear that he really had no idea what the hell was going on. he is dangerously aloof, all of the other guys at least towed a consistent line because of how destructive it would be to be wishy washy. just a terrible situation all around, one everyone saw coming and yet here we stand. unbelievable.

tmacmamba
04-04-2012, 03:35 PM
unless the Magic can get Phil Jackson then they will regret this, Calling it right now SVG ends up with the Knicks.

netsgiantsyanks
04-04-2012, 03:37 PM
Definitely. By know, he would be demanding that they release Kobe, send Bynum and Gasol to NJ for Anthony Morrow, and demand to play the point guard With Steve Blake and Troy Murphy playing the inside spot.

It's going to be really bad next year, when he leaves after wrecking the Magic completely. They should have got him to exercise the option, then dealt him away right after, along with sending him a text message stating "U Mad?"... It's not like he had a NTC lol

i don't see the problem :rolleyes:

MagicHero3
04-04-2012, 03:46 PM
im not too confident in the source. stan probably has a better chance to win somewhere else anyway (LAL, LAC, NYK). Hes all about defense, and those are the type of teams that usually succeed

5ass
04-04-2012, 04:05 PM
I love how every Bulls, Lakers and Nets fan is bashing Howard just to make themselves feel better about Howard not joining their team LOL. Anyway im not surprised, Howard doesnt get a lot of touches and hes made that known several times and not much has changed. So just because he wants SVG out doesnt mean its his immaturity talking, maybe just his frustration. Im not defending Howard, and im not necessarily agreeing with him. I just think that this Howard bashing has become ridiculous and pathetic. We all know what Kobe would've done if he wasnt getting touches. He would probably try to fire the whole Lakers organization.

ManningToTyree
04-04-2012, 04:06 PM
We will take him..

5ass
04-04-2012, 04:09 PM
For the Record i think SVG is a good coach. He is a top 3 defensive coach along with Collins and Thibodeau, but if you dont see his offensive deficiencies u dont watch Magic basketball enough. Its not just about Howard not getting touches.

Sactown
04-04-2012, 05:24 PM
SVG is a joke on the offensive end, It's time for a change regardless of Dwights future as a Magic

Raph12
04-04-2012, 05:33 PM
This is the same guy who said we were close to getting CP3 and Monta Ellis, so I wouldn't take it as gospel... But Dwight wanting Stan gone shouldn't come as a shock, they've been butting heads since Stan was hired, Dwight has called him out several times in the past.

He won't be fired midseason, he'll have the playoffs to prove himself; another early playoffs exit like last season and I'm sure he's as good as gone.

Chronz
04-04-2012, 05:42 PM
Why would Dwight pull a Wilt and call out the coach right before the playoffs?

smith&wesson
04-04-2012, 05:45 PM
how do you fire a coach that has a team in 3rd place ? is dwight an idiot ? does he not know that being 3rd in the east is pretty dam good? seriously

smith&wesson
04-04-2012, 05:49 PM
Why would Dwight pull a Wilt and call out the coach right before the playoffs?

its almost like winning is a non factor with this guy.

if you really want to win and your in a decent position going in to the playoffs why on earth would you do something like this ?

stan van is a good coach. a little intense but still good. for example he is one of the few coaches who can actually get hedo to focus and play hard. thats a task in its own.

felixng2012
04-04-2012, 05:51 PM
how do you fire a coach that has a team in 3rd place ? is dwight an idiot ? does he not know that being 3rd in the east is pretty dam good? seriously

There really is no way in hell the Magic would be higher than 3rd no matter who they have as a coach(they are 5th now btw, got screwed since Ryan Anderson and Dwight were injured). They have a scrubbish team and they cannot even compare to the Heat and the Bulls. Stan is far from perfect but he is a pretty good coach. Also who would they replace him with? Kind of dumb. Howard needs to grow the **** up. This guy is a *****.

Rndy
04-04-2012, 05:52 PM
He's probably sick of the same things Shaq got tired of. Master of panic is what Shaq said. With that said I think Stan has done a good job with the talent he's had. Had they been able to keep guys like Courtney Lee and Barnes I think they could have won a ring by now with defense and Howard.

That gm just made garbage trades after garbage trades.

getting rid of Courtney Lee for J rich

letting Barnes leave

re acquiring Hedo

trading Bass for Big Baby

I'm not even sure matching Bulls offer on JJ Reddick was a great idea when that team has a surplus of shooters already. I think I would have taken Barnes + another player for the price JJ got.

smith&wesson
04-04-2012, 05:55 PM
There really is no way in hell the Magic would be higher than 3rd no matter who they have as a coach(they are 5th now btw, got screwed since Ryan Anderson and Dwight were injured). They have a scrubbish team and they cannot even compare to the Heat and the Bulls. Stan is far from perfect but he is a pretty good coach. Also who would they replace him with? Kind of dumb. Howard needs to grow the **** up. This guy is a *****.

+1 .. def agree.

i think stan gets the best out of the roster he is working with.

getting a new coach isnt going to make this same orlando roster champions.

smith&wesson
04-04-2012, 05:57 PM
He's probably sick of the same things Shaq got tired of. Master of panic is what Shaq said. With that said I think Stan has done a good job with the talent he's had. Had they been able to keep guys like Courtney Lee and Barnes I think they could have won a ring by now with defense and Howard.

That gm just made garbage trades after garbage trades.

getting rid of Courtney Lee for J rich

letting Barnes leave

re acquiring Hedo

trading Bass for Big Baby

I'm not even sure matching Bulls offer on JJ Reddick was a great idea when that team has a surplus of shooters already. I think I would have taken Barnes + another player for the price JJ got.

i got love for shaq but he would get sick of his own face if he looked in the mirror too long. also did shaq play for stan van ??

i agree i think otis has made some dumb trades.

DaBear
04-04-2012, 05:59 PM
SVG and his brother are both scumbags.

jailedgiantsfan
04-04-2012, 06:03 PM
another day another bad PR story for Howard...sigh when will it end

smith&wesson
04-04-2012, 06:09 PM
SVG and his brother are both scumbags.

did you date one of them or something ?

5ass
04-04-2012, 06:15 PM

Lol at u giving all the credit to SVG for our good record when dwight is much more responsible for that. Also u think magic fans give a **** about regular season record anymore? We want to win a title.

sunsfan88
04-04-2012, 06:24 PM
Orlando is a stupid team for not trading him and Hedo for Lopez + picks. They deserve this. They actually deserve worse. I hope Howard says he wants the Magic to relocate from Orlando to somewhere else.

Funny, Howard's BEST FRIEND Deron Williams got Jerry Sloan fired...then got himself traded. Now let's see if Dwight will follow his path.

Lakeshow24KB
04-04-2012, 06:35 PM
He's just been a headache that the Magic don't need.

Why are all big men in the NBA idiotic? Mcgee, Cousins, Bynum, Howard
Only mature ones are Al Jefferson and it looks like Greg Monroe is going to be a good leader.

amos1er
04-04-2012, 06:44 PM
Dwight is an idiot. The Lakers would love to have Stan. Huge upgrade over Brown. But Stan would probly not get the job because he is not a yes man puppet like Brown...therefore Jim Buss' ego would get in the way of hiring him.

MJ-BULLS
04-04-2012, 06:52 PM
dwight is a idiot. plain and simple. next thing you know he is calling shots on trades and such. he's going to make the magic owner bow down to him. :pity:

sunsfan88
04-04-2012, 07:07 PM
Isn't it funny how Orlando has to rely on shooting really well from 3pt land in order to win games?

Should the team with the best center in the NBA have to rely on 3 pointers for success?

kobebabe
04-04-2012, 07:10 PM
:badidea: to have kept him. Should have traded the dude. He is too immature!

kobebabe
04-04-2012, 07:12 PM
dwight is a idiot. plain and simple. next thing you know he is calling shots on trades and such. he's going to make the magic owner bow down to him. :pity:

He already is....

ThunderousDemon
04-04-2012, 07:14 PM
Stan Van Gundy please come to the Lakers. :pray:

Raph12
04-04-2012, 07:14 PM

They're in 5th (lost both games without Dwight; second game didn't have Nelson or Anderson either, but loss was to the Pistons)... They were #1 in paint protection this season and #8 in eFG%; in the two games Dwight has missed, the Magic gave up 44pts in the paint with 56FG% to the Nuggets and 56pts in the paint with 57FG% to the Pistons.

That 3rd seed has more to do with Dwight than anyone else on this roster, Stan is a good coach, but he had Dwight and a pretty light schedule which got them that third seed.

#just saying

Mr_Amaziing
04-04-2012, 07:18 PM
LoL, that's messed up :)

But like Orlando told Howard
.. " If you stay here after this season then you can choose to keep or fired Stan Van & Orlando's GM "

ghettosean
04-04-2012, 07:19 PM
Orlando is a stupid team for not trading him and Hedo for Lopez + picks. They deserve this. They actually deserve worse. I hope Howard says he wants the Magic to relocate from Orlando to somewhere else.

Funny, Howard's BEST FRIEND Deron Williams got Jerry Sloan fired...then got himself traded. Now let's see if Dwight will follow his path.
Deron didn't get Sloan fired he drove him nuts and he resigned (same thing essentially but thought I'd make the correction)

ghettosean
04-04-2012, 07:22 PM
This...

He doesn't have a great team but look where he is in the standings... I completely agree!

naps
04-04-2012, 07:40 PM
What a baby! Spoiled kid.

Weezy
04-04-2012, 07:49 PM
i got love for shaq but he would get sick of his own face if he looked in the mirror too long. also did shaq play for stan van ??

i agree i think otis has made some dumb trades.

Yep. Shaq played for Stan when he was in Miami.

smith&wesson
04-04-2012, 07:51 PM
They're in 5th (lost both games without Dwight; second game didn't have Nelson or Anderson either, but loss was to the Pistons)... They were #1 in paint protection this season and #8 in eFG%; in the two games Dwight has missed, the Magic gave up 44pts in the paint with 56FG% to the Nuggets and 56pts in the paint with 57FG% to the Pistons.

That 3rd seed has more to do with Dwight than anyone else on this roster, Stan is a good coach, but he had Dwight and a pretty light schedule which got them that third seed.

#just saying

im a little out dated, just got back from vacay.. thanks for the update.

howard is the best player and lone superstar on the team. anderson is the 2nd best player on that team imo. and nelson is their start pg. injuries cost teams games all the time. its understandable. im sure howard can understand that.

sure otis can be blamed for making alot dumb moves trying to please howard but doesnt that fall on managment more then the coach??

i just dont see how svg has failed this team and deserves to be fired ? he is a good coach. howard has lost sight of that.

LakersA's49ers
04-04-2012, 07:55 PM
he's a worse executive than michael jordan haha

Teeboy1487
04-04-2012, 08:09 PM
Not alot of good centers in this league, but the good ones are such douche bags. It's such a shame that they let their poor attitudes outshine their talent.

TheNumber37
04-04-2012, 08:20 PM
McMillan or d'antoni for sure. SVG back to the heat would be nice, could see him taking over the clips though.

TheHighLife
04-04-2012, 08:35 PM
He is denying he said it now.

smith&wesson
04-04-2012, 08:45 PM
He is denying he said it now.

offcourse he is. .

im really starting to think dwight and howard are two different ppl. he should get checked for being bi polar. no joke. real talk. seriously lol

Hangtime
04-04-2012, 08:55 PM
So he will get the coach fired and then bolt the team. It's sad that the superstars are actually running these teams. No one has any real expectations for them to win a championship and they will fire Stan. They only got one superstar caliber player and expect SVG to perform miracles. But that's the reality of pro sports.

Lake_Show2416
04-04-2012, 09:57 PM
so the Magic r going to lose their best player & a good coach, well at least they have their salary cap hell to look forward to

FriedTofuz
04-04-2012, 10:45 PM
orlando will end up with mcmillian and nash in the offseason. SVG will have no problem finding a coaching job.

5ass
04-05-2012, 04:52 AM
orlando will end up with mcmillian and nash in the offseason. SVG will have no problem finding a coaching job.
nash and Mcmillan is not a good combination. I'd rather have SVG and Nash, but theres very little chance were getting Nash.

5ass
04-05-2012, 04:56 AM
so the Magic r going to lose their best player & a good coach, well at least they have their salary cap hell to look forward to

The 40 million dollar in capspace in 2013, the same year Dwights contract expires? The same year that could have Iggy, Josh Smith, CP3, and Monta Ellis as FA? Im sure they will.

Sssmush
04-05-2012, 06:52 AM
RT @EyeOnBasketball Report: Dwight Howard wants Stan Van Gundy fired. http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/18294135/report-dwight-howard-wants-stan-van-gundy-fired Thanks for sticking around, Dwight!

LOL WOWZER. Just when we thought it was over

Stan should call him long distance and have some orphans beg dwight to let him stay as coach.

ldawg
04-05-2012, 07:05 AM
Dwight is a prime Madonna who will ruin the Magic. Why every jerk wants a new coach? All the coaches are young and has no rings all will happen is you swap one for the next. They will not replace him with POP or RIVERS so whats the point? When that coach don't take them to the finals then what? He want go, he wants to stay, i want this player, i want that player, i want the ball late in the game although i cant hit free throws, i want to be the GM. Whats wrong with this dude.

The Jokemaker
04-05-2012, 11:01 AM
As much of you guys are bashing Howard, you would all love to have him on your team...porlly not laker fans but all 29 other teams would

Nope. As a Grizz fan I don't want him there. I don't want some immature primadonna trying to call the shots. I'd much rather have Marc Gasol.

ChicagoFan4Eva
04-05-2012, 11:38 AM
his brother has a better chance of coaching the Knicks

anything to take him outta commentary :clap::clap:

kdspurman
04-05-2012, 12:27 PM
RT @Ian_OConnor: Stan VanGundy at shootaround this AM: Management told me story is true that Howard asked for him to be fired (WOWZA)

RT @Ian_OConnor: Howard comes in hugs Stan and doesn't realize Stan just confirmed story

thekmp211
04-05-2012, 12:49 PM
RT @Ian_OConnor: Stan VanGundy at shootaround this AM: Management told me story is true that Howard asked for him to be fired (WOWZA)

RT @Ian_OConnor: Howard comes in hugs Stan and doesn't realize Stan just confirmed story

that's poetry in motion right there.

torocan
04-05-2012, 01:03 PM

My respect for SVG just went up another notch.

A while back he said he didn't give a crap about being fired, he just wanted to win games.

I think that backs that up pretty well.

+1 for honesty and balls.

As for Dwight, sign for 2 more years and maybe you'll be in a position to call for a coaching change. Otherwise, how does Orlando know you're not just going to get another coach (probably worse) and just bail on the Magic next year?

Punk
04-05-2012, 01:11 PM
The problem now is, after all of this turmoil, who will want to coach Dwight? I'm sure people are looking at this and just losing respect for him.

He wants ALL of the coaching staff gone. Including Ewing.

justinnum1
04-05-2012, 01:12 PM
http://www.nba.com/magic/video/2012/04/05/040512svghowardfiredreportsm4v-2057675/index.html

epic

thekmp211
04-05-2012, 01:21 PM
and an hour ago i didn't think dwight could look dumber. in his defense, he's probably thinking at a million miles an hour once he figured out what went down. the fact that he didn't let out an audible yelp is somewhat impressive.

Raph12
04-05-2012, 02:55 PM
I believe he wants him fired, just don't think he wants it right now with only 12 games left... He's never liked the way Stan runs the offense, he's been complaining about touches for years (remember the Celts series in 09).

I saw the video, Stan said he was told by MGMT that Dwight wants him fired but he doesn't care and will continue to try and win games; Dwight comes in and denies saying any of it, saying he's only thinking about the game tonight.

Dwight's probably lying, this was a bad time for all this to come out though (going into the playoffs).

pacofunk64
04-05-2012, 03:22 PM
Boy they are really ****ing their chances of keeping D.Howard in Orlando. The way I look at it...Orlando management just proved they can't be trusted.

Sssmush
04-06-2012, 06:47 AM
Look, the "Magic" already did everything they can to keep Dwight Howard, they went over and above and did everything to keep him. They convinced him so now they got him. Dwight can ask for a new coach with impunity. If Magic wasnt prepared to fire the coach if he asked them, then they shouldn't of spent 1 solid year begging and banking on him to stay.

oak2455
04-06-2012, 08:18 AM
Who wants Dwight now? And I'm sorry Stan hurt this team even more coming and saying this now.....bad move both ways.... Ohhhh and The Magic screwed this up bigtime !!!! Complete **** up

Jarvo
04-06-2012, 09:53 AM
So Lebron is still worse? Hahahahaha

RaiderLakersA's
04-06-2012, 10:44 AM
I blame Orlando's management for this. Whomever told Stan that died called for his head should have had the common sense to see how this would end up. The minute that happens, there is no way you can keep both SVG and Howard.

LASportsFan1996
04-06-2012, 09:44 PM
Here We Go

SportsAndrew25
04-06-2012, 10:35 PM
Wow. Going to the front office to get your coach fired? :speechless: This guy makes Lebron look like a saint.