StealingSigns
04-03-2012, 09:46 PM
Toronto Blue Jays

http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae23/snarlyb/milano_Jays3.jpg

VS

http://c-product.images.fansedge.com/51-26/51-26469-F.jpg

Cleveland Indians

Thursday, April 5, 3:05 PM ET

http://mlb.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_460069.jpg VS http://mlb.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_475416.jpg
Ricky Romero....Justin Masterson
0-0 0.00 ERA........0-0 0.00 ERA

Romero is set to begin his second season as Toronto's No. 1 starter. The 27-year-old is coming off his most successful year in the big leagues, having gone 15-11 with a 2.92 ERA en route to his first All-Star appearance in 2011.

Coming off a breakout season, Masterson earned his first Opening Day start for Cleveland. The big sinkerballer went 12-10 with a 3.21 ERA in 2011 and heads into the season healthy after offseason surgery on his left shoulder.

Saturday, April 7, 1:05 PM ET

http://mlb.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_453344.jpg VS http://mlb.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_434622.jpg
Brandon Morrow....Ubaldo Jimenez
0-0 0.00 ERA.....0-0 0.00 ERA

Morrow enters his third season in Toronto and will be looking to tap into the potential that could make him one of the elite starters in the AL. Morrow spent the spring working on his offspeed pitches and will rely on that more this year.

Jimenez enters this season as one of the Indians' key ingredients for a successful year. The righty was a blockbuster trade acquisition last July and is looking to rebound to the ace-like form he displayed in the 2010 campaign.

Sunday, April 8, 1:05 PM ET

http://mlb.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_468528.jpg VS http://mlb.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_117955.jpg
Joel Carreno.....Derek Lowe
0-0 0.00 ERA.......0-0 0.00 ERA

Joel Carreno was recalled earlier today to fill out the rotation spot left vacant by Dustin McGowan's injury. Carreno pitched 15.2 innings in relief for Toronto last year over a span of 11 games, posting a 1.15 ERA.

The Indians acquired the 38-year-old Lowe in a trade with Atlanta over the winter to inject some experience and durability into their rotation. Lowe worked on his sinker this spring and opens this season as the No. 3 starter.

Return to Cleveland significant for Vizquel

This year's Opening Day will take on a special significance for veteran infielder Omar Vizquel.

The potential Hall of Famer, and soon-to-be 45-year-old, is set to embark on what in all likelihood will be his final season in the Major Leagues.

If that weren't enough to provide added incentive for the beginning of another big league campaign, Vizquel on Opening Day will also be making his return to Cleveland where he played for 11 seasons and twice went to the World Series.

"I think every time I go to Cleveland, it doesn't matter what time of the year it is, it's very special because that's where I really became a good player, where I established myself," Vizquel said. "They have a special place in my heart.

"This being my last year and having the Opening Day in Cleveland is going to be very special, very emotional. I'm going to have a chance to see a lot of my friends."

This isn't the first time Vizquel has said he was entering his final season in the Major Leagues. He said it each of the past two seasons, and while he could change his mind about the most recent claim, Vizquel plans on cherishing each moment along the 162-game journey.

That starts in Cleveland, and while no active players remain from his time there, Vizquel hopes to reminisce with former teammate and current Indians bench coach Sandy Alomar Jr. With any luck, he'll also cross paths with Kenny Lofton, who was doing some work with the club during Spring Training.

The three were together with the Indians for much of Vizquel's prime. The longtime shortstop has accomplished a lot during his 23 years in the Major Leagues but nothing compares to the 11 seasons he played in Cleveland. That's when Vizquel was at his best by making dazzling plays in the field and utilizing his underrated bat to put the Indians in a position to contend year after year.

Vizquel, a native of Venezuela, won nine Gold Gloves, appeared in three All-Star Games and finished among the top three in the American League in fielding percentage eight different years. Along the way, the Indians made the postseason six times including the World Series in both 1995 and '97.

Both of those World Series teams ended coming up just short by losing to Atlanta and Florida, respectively, but Vizquel prefers to remember the experience and not the heartbreak that came at the end of those seasons.

"There are so many memories from Cleveland, but I think the most important ones are the World Series," Vizquel said. "What we accomplished there was great, too bad we didn't get the [title], but just sharing with all of those guys: Dennis Martinez, Orel Hershiser, Tony Fernandez, Albert Belle. There were so many great players during that time.

"It seemed we didn't have a weakness in those years. ... We lost both because of a lack of a play, or we didn't come through where we really needed to come through, and that hurt us. But just the fact that you take a team all the way out there, and you are involved in a World Series, was a very huge accomplishment."

Another highlight for Vizquel during those glory years in Cleveland was the opportunity to play with Hall of Famer, and fellow Gold Glover, Roberto Alomar. The two formed one of the best double-play duos in the history of baseball for the three seasons they were together.

There was a time when it seemed like every ball hit on the ground towards either middle-infield position would result in a guaranteed out. Vizquel's arrival in Toronto marks a reunion of sorts in the city where Alomar currently serves as a special assistant to the Blue Jays.

"The best partner that I ever had at second base, no doubt about it," Vizquel said. "The knowledge that he had for the game, and how he played the game, put ourselves at a better level, not only to me but to the whole team. Having a guy that is always constantly saying things that he picks up in the opponent. It was pretty important. Obviously on defence, he was just a genius. It was a pleasure just to be right next to the best guy that I ever saw playing second base."

Vizquel entered this year's Spring Training without a guaranteed job for the first time since his rookie campaign in 1989 with Seattle. He previously signed a Minor League deal in 2009 with Texas, but at the time there was little doubt he would make the team.

There were no promises in camp with Toronto, and Vizquel had to prove himself every step of the way until being officially named to the squad on March 28. There had been lingering questions regarding his range and arm strength at shortstop, but he answered them with relative ease.

It's the type of accomplishment that only a handful of players have experienced in the Majors and one that Vizquel would never have dreamed of after being selected in the 1984 Draft by Seattle.

"Even if they said that I was going to play for 10 years in the big leagues, I was going to say, 'Wow, that's going to be huge,'" Vizquel said. "Year by year, you don't know where you're going to be in this game. You can have an injury, you can just make a detour, stay out of focus, get in trouble. I was able to kind of focus on my game and the things that I needed to do to get better every year.

"I've been blessed with a good body, I think, and the passion to go out and work out in the gym and keep my body fit. That's the only opportunity that you have to be in the big leagues for a long time."

StealingSigns
04-03-2012, 09:48 PM
I'll update the second game starter when the decision is made on Ubaldo the Headhunter's status...

Toxeryll
04-03-2012, 09:50 PM
Yay!! Finally a game thread. I say we take Game 1 and 2.

Let's play ball.

statquo
04-03-2012, 09:51 PM
The quest for 162-0 begins...

#sweepthetribe

lexecutioner
04-03-2012, 09:54 PM
woooho finallly a game thread!

Ill say Jays take 2 of 3.

Romero wins the first
Morrow has 60-40 chance
Cerreno has 40-60

StealingSigns
04-03-2012, 09:55 PM
Out of the 44 people currently viewing the Jays forum, only 4 have signed up. Time for some of you lurkers to sign up and get in the conversation.

Like the Blue Jays? Baseball? Sports in general? Create a free account at ProSportsDaily and join in on the conversations today. Signing up takes no time at all, and you can be on the forums posting your opinions before you know it!

Click here to register! (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/register.php)

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

masTOR_shake1
04-03-2012, 09:59 PM
:jumpy:

aman_13
04-03-2012, 10:04 PM
Im going to miss the opener because of work so i hope the game gets rained out.......oh yeah i forgot, we have a roof, how convenient. :mad:

StealingSigns
04-03-2012, 10:21 PM
Im going to miss the opener because of work so i hope the game gets rained out.......oh yeah i forgot, we have a roof, how convenient. :mad:

edit: nvm misread your post

StealingSigns
04-03-2012, 10:25 PM
Anyone know if Tulo-hating Ubaldo is appealing his suspension?

Halladay
04-03-2012, 10:26 PM
Thank god no more ST. Looking forward to sweeping the tribe. Hopefully Carreno can give some quality innings.

Converged
04-03-2012, 10:44 PM
I missed these threads...so much! Just got to get through one more work day, then holidays booked for the Jays!!!

WhatSayYou
04-03-2012, 10:50 PM
Anyone know if Tulo-hating Ubaldo is appealing his suspension?

As per ESPN he is.

Hopefully it stands :D

StealingSigns
04-03-2012, 10:52 PM
As per ESPN he is.

Hopefully it stands :D

If he appeals though, they won't make a decision right away. He will still make his start...

StealingSigns
04-03-2012, 10:54 PM
In the end, it don't matter. I want to see Morrow tear the Tribe a new A...

EddiePacker
04-03-2012, 11:12 PM
Anyone else heading to Cleveland to take in a game(s)?

TO Rapz
04-03-2012, 11:20 PM
Omg a Jays GT. Penis jokes coming back? hahahaha can't wait to play ball.

StealingSigns
04-03-2012, 11:24 PM
Omg a Jays GT. Penis jokes coming back? hahahaha can't wait to play ball.

That is sooo 2011. :D

TO Rapz
04-03-2012, 11:32 PM
That is sooo 2011. :D

:laugh2: Just glad to see some baseball again man, and I have high hopes for this season tbh.

WhatSayYou
04-03-2012, 11:47 PM
http://espn.go.com/mlb/preview12/story/_/id/7769406/and-world-series-winner

ESPN writer thinks Jays make playoffs???

BlueJayFanDan
04-04-2012, 01:04 AM
I'm so excited. I hope Ricky Romero's era is as low as it is now at the halfway mark of the season :). I think we should, and can win every game in this series.

StealingSigns
04-04-2012, 01:14 AM
I'm so excited. I hope Ricky Romero's era is as low as it is now at the halfway mark of the season :). I think we should, and can win every game in this series.

How long does your sig bet loss last for? *winces*

scaramantula
04-04-2012, 01:56 AM
Romero takes game one, game two could go either way, game three Carreno will do okay, maybe 5 innings with 3 or 4 run against but Lowe will be off his game this early in the season and the jays will get alot of runs.

AK-50
04-04-2012, 02:34 AM
say we go 2 for 3 just dont know if we lose the 2nd or 3rd game

es0terik
04-04-2012, 03:02 AM
Oh god the game threads with the sexy pictures bring back memories, I forgot that they had those ;)

I went with the Jays get sweeped mostly because things I predict never come true.

Then again I did just come off a great prediction contest in another forum...

Dun Dun Dunnnn

es0terik
04-04-2012, 03:03 AM
I actually think we can lose the first game. Justin Masterson is an amazing pitcher, probably THE most under-rated in the entire Major Leagues. Plus the Indians are going to be amped up on that home-opener high. If we do lose, I hope it's because of Carlos Santana. I want him to have a good year so bad.

leafswin2011
04-04-2012, 03:06 AM
Here we go boys!Hoping to take the first 2 games of the series.and im really hoping we improve to at least 86 wins give management a reason to spend some cake.bostons closer is out for the first half hopefully they have the bullpen problems we had last year.

es0terik
04-04-2012, 03:21 AM
Btw this is offtopic but TO.Rapz, how the hell did you get into the Wrestling forum's baseball league when I don't think you've ever posted there lol

AK-50
04-04-2012, 05:26 AM
I actually think we can lose the first game. Justin Masterson is an amazing pitcher, probably THE most under-rated in the entire Major Leagues. Plus the Indians are going to be amped up on that home-opener high. If we do lose, I hope it's because of Carlos Santana. I want him to have a good year so bad.

have him on one of my fantasy teams so that would be perfect to go along with bautista :D

Kenny Powders
04-04-2012, 08:27 AM
I say we take 2/3. Have a good shot at a sweep, but I'm a pessimist. Just glad there's some ****ing baseball. Is Lind going to be playing?

North Yorker
04-04-2012, 08:51 AM
Romero can openly talk about an ability to deal with adversity, because he has already dealt with more than his fair share of it. He was selected amidst high expectations with the sixth overall pick in the 2005 First-Year Player Draft, but by 2007 his career was already at a crossroads.

That season, Romero went 3-6 with a 4.84 ERA while walking 52 batters over 19 starts with Class A Dunedin and Double-A New Hampshire. One year later, things weren't much better. He went 8-8 with a 4.55 ERA in stints with New Hampshire and Triple-A Syracuse.

Meanwhile, other members of his Draft class were enjoying success at the Major League level. Shortstop Troy Tulowitzki -- selected one pick after Romero -- led the Rockies to a World Series berth in 2007 and Toronto came under fire for its Draft decision.

That prompted then-GM J.P. Ricciardi to tell Sports Illustrated he made a mistake by taking Romero in the Draft. Romero hung the article in his locker at New Hampshire for motivation and shortly thereafter -- following a lot of hard work -- Romero conquered his control problems on the mound and arrived at Spring Training in 2009 looking to make his mark.

http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120401&content_id=27823160&vkey=news_tor&c_id=tor

Krylian
04-04-2012, 09:32 AM
I'd still take Tulo. But I'm glad Romero was able to right the ship and become an excellent pitcher.

I said 2 out of 3.

Who voted for a Indians sweep. Make yourself know and don't hide behind the internet.

AK-50
04-04-2012, 09:33 AM
I'd still take Tulo. But I'm glad Romero was able to right the ship and become an excellent pitcher.

I said 2 out of 3.

Who voted for a Indians sweep. Make yourself know and don't hide behind the internet.

probably a Indians fan pulling a vote and run

scaramantula
04-04-2012, 09:41 AM

I said 2 out of 3.

read the second page, dude allready said it was his cause what he predicts never comes true, you would take tulo over romero? maybe you're not the ture jays fan

OneTuzSea
04-04-2012, 10:02 AM
Always fun reading the opposing team's gameday thread. :cheers:

Farsight
04-04-2012, 11:29 AM
read the second page, dude allready said it was his cause what he predicts never comes true, you would take tulo over romero? maybe you're not the ture jays fan I would take Tulo every day of a week, because he is a top 10 player, and by far the best short stop. Compared to Tulo, a pitcher like Romero is a "dime in dozen"

Canadian hemi
04-04-2012, 11:52 AM
2 out of 3..for the Jays!

Joey Bats....has 2 HR's this series..and Lawrie goes 4-4 in one game (3rd game)

How's that....grab yeah?????

Converged
04-04-2012, 11:53 AM
I just had a flash back from last year when Hafner hit a walk-off grand slam off us in the 9th. Let's sweep these @ssholes! :D

Krylian
04-04-2012, 12:17 PM
read the second page, dude allready said it was his cause what he predicts never comes true, you would take tulo over romero? maybe you're not the ture jays fan

Must have missed his post.

99 people out of 100 would take Tulo ahead of Romero...you being the 100th.

Romero is a very, very good pitcher...but Tulo is quite possibly the best shortstop in the game and a Top 10 player. Take off your Jays hat and look at it objectively.

es0terik
04-04-2012, 12:21 PM
I still wouldn't change how things went. If we take Tulowitzki, we never get Romero who was the #1 pitcher going into the 2011 season. In that case, we very likely don't make the Shaun Marcum for Brett Lawrie trade because of how bad we need starting pitching. We also never get Yunel Escobar because we never needed him. Of course Tulowitzki is incomparable but I have no problem with the way things went down. We still have three players that we likely never would have gotten if we had drafted Tulowitzki and he HAD become what he is today. Those three players are in the top 4 on our team right now.

Besides you don't know if Tulowitzki would be the MVP player that he is right now if he came up through our organization. Teams have different developmental staffs. Bautista could have been this player his whole career had he come up through the Jays system. Chris Carpenter and Roy Halladay may never have become the pitchers they are had they NOT come up through the Jays system. You can't really say for certain how things would have gone down if we had done a specific thing years ago.

Must have missed his post.

99 people out of 100 would take Tulo ahead of Romero...you being the 100th.

Romero is a very, very good pitcher...but Tulo is quite possibly the best shortstop in the game and a Top 10 player. Take off your Jays hat and look at it objectively.

So I guess that'd make me 101.

es0terik
04-04-2012, 12:25 PM
I also disagree that Romero is a "very, very good pitcher". I don't think he is, not yet at least. I think he is over-rated and he's only warming the "ace" seat for someone else by committee.

And Tulo is not "quite possibly" the best shortstop either, he's the uncontested best shortstop in the game by a mile and he's a Top 5 player in the major leagues.

With all that said, I still stick to my previous post.

Krylian
04-04-2012, 12:25 PM
I still wouldn't change how things went. If we take Tulowitzki, we never get Romero who was the #1 pitcher going into the 2011 season. In that case, we very likely don't make the Shaun Marcum for Brett Lawrie trade because of how bad we need starting pitching. We also never get Yunel Escobar because we never needed him. Of course Tulowitzki is incomparable but I have no problem with the way things went down. We still have three players that we likely never would have gotten if we had drafted Tulowitzki and he HAD become what he is today. Those three players are in the top 4 on our team right now.

Besides you don't know if Tulowitzki would be the MVP player that he is right now if he came up through our organization. Teams have different developmental staffs. Bautista could have been this player his whole career had he come up through the Jays system. Chris Carpenter and Roy Halladay may never have become the pitchers they are had they NOT come up through the Jays system. You can't really say for certain how things would have gone down if we had done a specific thing years ago.

So I guess that'd make me 101.

That's not a realistic argument. Scouting and projecting is all about what the player's physical ability and mental makeup are about, not, I wonder if our coaches and managers will make him better or worse.

And yes, you'd be 101.

Make a poll in a neutral forum and see what the results will show. It won't be close. Too much homerism around here.

es0terik
04-04-2012, 12:29 PM
Read my last post before you call me a homer.

You're saying that it's not a realistic argument with such certainty but you don't have to look any further than Bautista. The guy was a total scrub because of bad development.

PJ Awesome
04-04-2012, 12:34 PM
So pumped.

Krylian
04-04-2012, 12:36 PM
Read my last post before you call me a homer.

You're saying that it's not a realistic argument with such certainty but you don't have to look any further than Bautista. The guy was a total scrub because of bad development.

Bautista is the exception. Not the rule.

If a player turns into a stiff...he most often stays a stiff even after a change of scenery.

You acknowledging that Tulo is the best SS in the game and Romero is overrate yet still wouldn't re-do the draft makes no sense. You're hanging everything on your Bautista argument, which is rarely how things work out.

But, agree to disagree. I'm just glad baseball is back.

es0terik
04-04-2012, 12:44 PM
I'm not hanging everything on the Bautista argument, that isn't even an argument. I made that as a simple point to show what I meant by the effects that different development teams can have. I'm not saying Tulo would NOT be an MVP. I'm saying I wouldn't re-do the draft because we likely would never have ended up with Lawrie if we did. And we still found ourselves with Yunel Escobar who is an above average player at his position. I'd rather have two guys who could potentially be far above average at two different positions than have an elite player at one. And what if Tulowitzki did become what he became with the Rockies and we still ended up with Bautista. What if the fluke acquisition of two MVP-type players kept JP his job? There is no way you can say that "I'd go back three years and draft this guy" and know exactly what would have happened.

Again, if we don't draft Romero, we likely need Marcum, the Brewers said they only traded Lawrie as a desperate win now move in which they got Marcum. If he was unavailable, we had no pieces to give them.

1hardcore
04-04-2012, 12:45 PM
I'm going out on a limb and say sweep! I think Jimenez will have that incident lingering him

Krylian
04-04-2012, 12:55 PM
I'm not hanging everything on the Bautista argument, that isn't even an argument. I made that as a simple point to show what I meant by the effects that different development teams can have. I'm not saying Tulo would NOT be an MVP. I'm saying I wouldn't re-do the draft because we likely would never have ended up with Lawrie if we did. And we still found ourselves with Yunel Escobar who is an above average player at his position. I'd rather have two guys who could potentially be far above average at two different positions than have an elite player at one. And what if Tulowitzki did become what he became with the Rockies and we still ended up with Bautista. What if the fluke acquisition of two MVP-type players kept JP his job? There is no way you can say that "I'd go back three years and draft this guy" and know exactly what would have happened.

Again, if we don't draft Romero, we likely need Marcum, the Brewers said they only traded Lawrie as a desperate win now move in which they got Marcum. If he was unavailable, we had no pieces to give them.

Again. You're speculating and you don't know what would've happened...Lawrie or not. It's just as possible that if the Jays take Tulo, they look for pitching help later...what if because of Tulo being taken the Jays take Hellickson in the 3rd of 4th round instead of Patterson or Pettway. This game can be played all day long.

The question was talent for talent...Romero or Tulo.

wagnall
04-04-2012, 01:27 PM
Finally the Rock, I mean the Wagnall reports home to TO tomorrow. Everything is great down here now, so we come home Thursday just in time for the openning series. :cheer:

I say 2 of 3 but only cause Im not sure about Carreno, but what the hell a sweep to start the season. :dance:

lexecutioner
04-04-2012, 01:28 PM
I miss Njostic :(

6th man
04-04-2012, 01:30 PM
3-0!

Game 1: 7-2
Romero- 7.2 IP, 2 R, 1 ER, 6 Ks, 2 BB, 4 H, WIN
Frasor- 1.1 IP, 2 Ks, 1 BB, 1H

Bautista: 2/3, HR, 2 RBI, 2 BB
Lawire: 4/5, 3 RBI, 2 SB

Game 2: 5-3
Morrow- 7 IP, 3 R, 3 ER, 11 Ks, 4 BB, 6 H, WIN
Cordero- 1 IP, 1 K, 1 BB,
Santos- 1 IP, 2 Ks

Lawrie: 2/3, HR, 3 RBI, BB, SB
Johnson: 3/4, 2 RBI,

Game 3: 12-6
Carreno- 5 IP, 4 R, 2 ER, 4 Ks, 2 BB, 7 H
Villenuva- 1.2 IP, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 Ks, 1 BB, 3 H
Jansen- 2.1 IP, 2 Ks, 1 H

Bautista: 3/4. HR, 4 RBI, BB, SB
Encarnacion: 2/4, 2 HR, 3 RBI

-----------------------------------------------------

Also, does anyone else think that the MLB keep record of series W/L/T? And then use the Win Totals as a Tie breaker stat. Last years AL East would of looked like this:

NYY- 31-13-8
BOS- 31-16-5
TB- 27-20-5
TOR- 22-22-8
BAL- 15-30-7

wagnall
04-04-2012, 01:33 PM

me too :(

dballss
04-04-2012, 01:48 PM
whats lineup looking like?

PJ Awesome
04-04-2012, 02:25 PM
So when do they announce the roster???

North Yorker
04-04-2012, 02:28 PM

what happened to him?

Did it have something to do with his sig thing?

EDIT: Nvm, he said his final farewell on the "We are on the radar" thread.

Man that sucks, he made by far the most contributions to this forum.

StealingSigns
04-04-2012, 02:42 PM
Here is the projected opening day lineup, courtesy of Gregor Chisholm (http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120401&content_id=27823160&vkey=news_tor&c_id=tor&partnerId=rss_tor):

1. Yunel Escobar
2. Kelly Johnson
3. Jose Bautista
4. Adam Lind
5. Edwin Encarnacion
6. Brett Lawrie
7. Eric Thames
8. JP Arencibia
9. Colby Rasmus

StealingSigns
04-04-2012, 02:46 PM
Indians:

1. Michael Brantley
2. Asdrubal Cabrera
3. Shin-Soo Choo
4. Carlos Santana
5. Travis Hafner
6. Shelley Duncan
7. Casey Kotchman
8. Jason Kipnis
9. Jack Hannahan

wagnall
04-04-2012, 02:51 PM
Here is the projected opening day lineup, courtesy of Gregor Chisholm (http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120401&content_id=27823160&vkey=news_tor&c_id=tor&partnerId=rss_tor):

1. Yunel Escobar
2. Kelly Johnson
3. Jose Bautista
4. Adam Lind
5. Edwin Encarnacion
6. Brett Lawrie
7. Eric Thames
8. JP Arencibia
9. Colby Rasmus

Looks about right. Would prefer Lawrie at 5 and Thames at 6 with EE at 7, but thats just my preference. I'm sure this line up will be in all directions once we get further in the season as some guys step up and others slide. :)

bomber0104
04-04-2012, 04:35 PM
Wow.. Rasmus is hitting 9th these days.. they obviously werent impressed by his spring

I can see us winning 2 games..

the_jon
04-04-2012, 04:45 PM
me too :(
me aswell :(

But on the bright side, less than 24 hours :jumpy:

Krylian
04-04-2012, 05:05 PM
So much optimism!! It's great......

However......If the Jays lose the opener I suspect 50% of the members of the board will be jumping off a bridge.

town123
04-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Again. You're speculating and you don't know what would've happened...Lawrie or not. It's just as possible that if the Jays take Tulo, they look for pitching help later...what if because of Tulo being taken the Jays take Hellickson in the 3rd of 4th round instead of Patterson or Pettway. This game can be played all day long.

The question was talent for talent...Romero or Tulo.

Tulo.

BlueJaysFan
04-04-2012, 05:37 PM
Go Jays Go! I've been waiting for these days for a very long time :D

Kenny Powders
04-04-2012, 06:32 PM
I probably missed this somewhere, but any idea what the lineup looks like.

BBB
04-04-2012, 06:36 PM
I probably missed this somewhere, but any idea what the lineup looks like.

Go back 1 page.

BlueJaysFan
04-04-2012, 06:43 PM
Go back 1 page.

Edit: Nevermind lol

Kenny Powders
04-04-2012, 06:44 PM
Go back 1 page.

Haha, Thanks. Guess that's my laziness kicking in.

On a side note, any team with Adam Lind batting clean up better not have any post season hopes, cause it probably isn't happening.

Pfeifer
04-04-2012, 07:11 PM
I'm so pumped. First time in a long time I've been more excited for the jays than NHL playoffs.

WhatSayYou
04-04-2012, 08:01 PM
I'm so pumped. First time in a long time I've been more excited for the jays than NHL playoffs.

Haha I am not that excited, however I am also irrationally pumped for this season to start.

Tmath
04-04-2012, 09:56 PM
No Jimenez, suspended 5 games.

disturbed32002
04-04-2012, 10:14 PM
I'm so incredibly pumped to kick off the season! Leaving work early, got the jersey set out, and got plenty of beer in the fridge to enjoy the opener

Goalie31
04-04-2012, 10:30 PM
No Jimenez, suspended 5 games.

He's appealing. He won't miss his start.

es0terik
04-04-2012, 11:26 PM
Holy crap... did anyone know that the Marlins have already sold 15,000 season tickets...?

es0terik
04-04-2012, 11:50 PM
I know nstojic was really good for these forums so him leaving was a pretty big bummer. I won't be able to contribute nearly as much as he did, but whenever I find something, I'll post it.

Right now, if anyone hasn't seen this page, it is an absolutely great link:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/mlb/teams/toronto-blue-jays/index.html

They've got all the latest headlines from around the web at the top of the page, they've got the division standings under that, team stats under that and then at the very bottom they've got the leaders in each of the individual categories. They've also got photos, latest scores, upcoming schedule and the record/ranks at the top. I'm going to pin this page at the top of my browser and keep it there until October.

StealingSigns
04-05-2012, 12:12 AM
nstojic is taking a break. Don't worry, I will hunt him down at his personal residence if "coaxing" is required for him to come back.

es0terik
04-05-2012, 12:40 AM
lol are you trying to make a creepy joke or do you actually know him in real life? It would be nice to know we have someone who can convince him to come back.

Btw re: Spring Training, I went as far back as I could find (the year 2000) and the Jays final Win % was far higher than any of any other team in the past 12 years. Can't find information on spring training standings before then.

I did find something very interested though. The pre-season preview for the 1999 Blue Jays:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/mlb/news/1999/03/04/bluejays_preview/

Player to Watch: Shannon Stewart, LF

The Blue Jays have developed a strong nucleus of young players that should carry them into contention for the playoffs in the next few years. Stewart is the leadoff speed demon, much like Rickey Henderson and Kenny Lofton, that will serve as the catalyst for the Toronto offense.

Those bolded words, they really make my heart sink lol. Someone in the year 1999 wrote that the Blue Jays strong, young nucleus would finally have them contend a few years later. We all know now that that never happened. Makes the old optimism drop down a few notches.

JermanJaysFan
04-05-2012, 01:08 AM
^^^Jays were 6th best team in the AL that year and finished 2 games out of second in the AL East in 2000 and 2001. I can think of more depressing eras :)

es0terik
04-05-2012, 01:16 AM
lol well I didn't look into any of the numbers, I just saw those words paired with the fact that I knew the Jays didn't make the post season in any of those years.

Farsight
04-05-2012, 01:44 AM
Skipping law class to see this one! Early Easter weekend for me ;p lolol

PJ Awesome
04-05-2012, 04:00 AM
EsOterik is that Luke Gallows in your signature? hahaha

BlueJayFanDan
04-05-2012, 07:08 AM
How long does your sig bet loss last for? *winces*

Until the 15th :(. I have seriously contemplated suicide. Or leaving PSD. But I will gut it out. Only 10 more days.

BlueJayFanDan
04-05-2012, 07:08 AM
Already on page 6 and not even game day yet. Epic. Blue Jays fans rule.

lexecutioner
04-05-2012, 08:55 AM
I dreamed about it Last night lol. I know it was a dream because Rasmus Hits a BOOMB!
:) Go Jays!

AA09-?
04-05-2012, 09:27 AM
Let's go Blue Jays!!

AA09-?
04-05-2012, 09:27 AM
I so ****ing pumped to get started!!!

jbkbluejayfan
04-05-2012, 09:53 AM
"Alex Anthopoulos did not want to trade Shaun Marcum. But he desperately wanted Brett Lawrie, so he offered prospects. The Milwaukee Brewers insisted on Marcum. Finally, Anthopoulos said yes.

Then he said no. Marcum was the Toronto Blue Jays’ opening-day starter in 2010. He had won 13 games with a 3.64 ERA. He was a bulldog on the mound. Trading him would make the 2011 team worse, Anthopoulos knew.

So he said no.

“And then two days later, it wasn’t sitting right with me, because I really wanted to get Brett,” the Blue Jays general manager recalled. “I was at my house and I looked at my wife and I said, ‘I don’t know if I’m doing the right thing, but I think I’m going to trade Shaun Marcum. I just feel like I’ve got to do it.’ ”

Brewers’ GM Doug Melvin never offered Lawrie. But for two years, the Blue Jays tried to acquire the cocky, turbocharged Canadian kid with a world of talent and a snootful of conceit. Of course they had heard the stories: Lawrie was brash, a burr beneath the saddle of his Milwaukee handlers. The same accusation kept cropping up: He rubs people the wrong way.

Perry Minasian, Toronto’s director of pro scouting, pestered Anthopoulos almost daily for two years. Get Lawrie, he said. You will love the kid. He nearly drove Anthopoulos to distraction. Without the persistence of Minasian and his scouts, Lawrie might still be a Milwaukee Brewer. Anthopoulos had never seen him play.

The Jays did an exhaustive background check, as they always do when they covet someone else’s player. Character counts with Anthopoulos. Lawrie passed with flying colours.

“Is Brett Lawrie a great person? A hundred per cent. He’s outstanding,” Anthopoulos said. “Might he rub someone the wrong way because of his flare, because he’s cocky and he’s got an energy and a fire? Yeah.

“You know what? Too bad. You don’t like it, that’s OK.”

So Anthopoulos called Melvin back and said yes."

A moment later, the 21-year-old third baseman steps out to acknowledge a standing ovation, one of six the crowd would give him on that memorable night in August.

Some Oakland A’s across the way were not amused. The kid has been in the big leagues for six days, they said. Who does he think he is?

.“It wasn’t about me,” Lawrie said this week. “It was about how fired up the fans were acting, how fired up my teammates were. I knew that I just helped contribute to my team, helped us win a game. If you’re going to be mad about it, then be mad about it, ’cause I ain’t changing.”"

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/04/05/jays-have-never-looked-back-since-picking-up-brett-lawrie/

Sorry if this didn't work this was my first link post.

JermanJaysFan
04-05-2012, 09:57 AM
^^^Great article

bomber0104
04-05-2012, 10:28 AM
AA always gets his guy...

and ****, 5 HRs left

and why the **** would Sportsnet but the opener on SNET1... did they think, we are gonna **** the fans, might as well start early

R. Johnson#3
04-05-2012, 10:29 AM
It's the best day of the year people. Happy opening day!

R. Johnson#3
04-05-2012, 10:30 AM

and ****, 5 HRs left

and why the **** would Sportsnet but the opener on SNET1... did they think, we are gonna **** the fans, might as well start early

It's free on mlb.tv

JermanJaysFan
04-05-2012, 10:46 AM
It's free on mlb.tv
Even though it's the "free game of the day", do they let you watch it if you are in a blackout region?

AK-50
04-05-2012, 10:49 AM
Even though it's the "free game of the day", do they let you watch it if you are in a blackout region?

nah you can only watch out of market games

Goalie31
04-05-2012, 10:57 AM

and ****, 5 HRs left

My TV says its on all regular sportsnet channels

lexecutioner
04-05-2012, 11:09 AM
how bout online Y_Y. sucks to moved out and i dont have cable TV lol.

treeleaf
04-05-2012, 11:14 AM

and ****, 5 HRs left

Its not on sportsnet one.

I have it available on all the regular snet channels

treeleaf
04-05-2012, 11:18 AM
"

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/04/05/jays-have-never-looked-back-since-picking-up-brett-lawrie/

Sorry if this didn't work this was my first link post.

Such a great read.

I think that lawrie fit in with us so well because our team was so damn young.

2009mvp
04-05-2012, 11:18 AM
Yeah Sawx/Tigers is on SNET1, the Jays are on the regular 4 networks.

nithanyo
04-05-2012, 11:21 AM
Lawrie batting 3rd and Bautista clean up???? I actually like it.

Goalie31
04-05-2012, 11:22 AM
Today's Line-up:
Escobar-SS
Johnson-2B,
Bautista-RF,
Lind-1B,
Encarnacion-DH,
Lawrie-3B,
Thames-LF,
Arencibia-C,
Rasmus-CF.
Romero-SP

Blue Jays-Official ‏ @BlueJays

100% Correct Line-up Escobar-SS, Johnson-2B, Bautista-RF, Lind-1B, Encarnacion-DH, Lawrie-3B, Thames-LF, Arencibia-C, Rasmus-CF. Romero-SP

JermanJaysFan
04-05-2012, 11:23 AM
Just so people are aware- there is currently a conflict between the lineups posted in the press box and the one tweeted by the Blue Jays. Remains to be seen which is right.

nithanyo
04-05-2012, 11:24 AM
Today's Line-up:
Escobar-SS
Johnson-2B,
Bautista-RF,
Lind-1B,
Encarnacion-DH,
Lawrie-3B,
Thames-LF,
Arencibia-C,
Rasmus-CF.
Romero-SP

ya damn wilner!! should stop followin that guy

Bob_at_york
04-05-2012, 11:25 AM
I can't wait! I want to try and get off work early.

Goalie31
04-05-2012, 11:26 AM
Shi Davidi ‏ @ShiDavidi

So Blue Jays lineup is "100% Correct" with Lawrie 6th. Again: Escobar 6 Johnson 4 Bautista 9 Lind 3 EE 0 Lawrie 5 Thames 7 JPA 2 Rasmus 9

So this is the now confirmed lineup

Sanyo
04-05-2012, 11:26 AM
I'd like go with the one tweeted as that makes much more sense. They said they were holding off putting Lawrie at 3rd until a few months have passed, however I would have no issues at all if they did indeed put Lawrie at 3rd as you can't get any better protection than Bautista.

MrForever
04-05-2012, 11:44 AM
Huge blizzard today in Edmonton, typical, so I stayed home to watch the Jays!

neemer85
04-05-2012, 12:09 PM
will first pitch be at 3pm? or will they broadcast the opening day ceremony and stuff?

adid727
04-05-2012, 12:09 PM
i can't wait, i'll go home and watch the game. I hope the jays sweep the indians, that will be a great start. :)

ILDD
04-05-2012, 01:09 PM
Today's Line-up:
Escobar-SS
Johnson-2B,
Bautista-RF,
Lind-1B,
Encarnacion-DH,
Lawrie-3B,
Thames-LF,
Arencibia-C,
Rasmus-CF.
Romero-SP

Similar to what I thought would take the field but the best line-up (in my opinion) is this

Lawrie
Bautista
Lind
EE
Johnson
Escobar
Rasmus
Arencibia
Thames

Your best 2 hitters are 1 & 2 and get the most AB's - Lawrie & Bautista
Number 3 comes up with 0 on, 2 out so you want a power hitter. He also gets a guy on first 1 out a lot so left handed hitter gets more advantage of the gap between 1B and 2B - Lind is perfect.
4 is your 3rd best hitter - EE
5 is another power hitter - Johnson
6-9 aren't as important but this order keeps the R and L apart as far as you can.

bomber0104
04-05-2012, 01:26 PM
is it me or does the Red Sox offense look rather ordinary..

I mean Sweeney, Ross, Salty, Aviles

bomber0104
04-05-2012, 01:29 PM
haha ... the new scout feature in MLB Gameday just said Verlander is trying to tie up Ryan Sweeney with fastballs inside where sweeney is hitting .000 on the season compared to .000 overall

JermanJaysFan
04-05-2012, 01:32 PM
haha ... the new scout feature in MLB Gameday just said Verlander is trying to tie up Ryan Sweeney with fastballs inside where sweeney is hitting .000 on the season compared to .000 overall

:laugh2:

ah nuts
04-05-2012, 01:43 PM
Anyone else scratching their head when people refer to Andy Pettitte as being an important piece to the yanks rotation??

He is 39 and didn't even pitch last year. How good can he be??? He didn't even pitch a hell of a lot in 2010: 130 innings.

JermanJaysFan
04-05-2012, 01:50 PM

Yeah, there are some very "meh" players in there for sure.

But on the other hand, Ellsbury, Pedroia, Ortiz and Gonzo are all about as good of hitters as there are at their respective positions, and same goes for Crawford and Youk when they are firing on all cylinders.

tuck25
04-05-2012, 02:08 PM
Games threads are BACK, F'N awesome and just got my official Jays/ Lawrie jersey tody for the game... sweet timing!!!!!!

Ricky Ro wins
Morrow wins
and 50/50 chance on the rook!!!!

TOJAYS
04-05-2012, 02:09 PM
1 hour left!

tuck25
04-05-2012, 02:10 PM

I was thinking the same thing, whats so special about them or the Yankees rotation besides nothing.... Yankees #2 is a dodger cast off even, lol LETS GO JAYS LETS GO.......

albertajaysfan
04-05-2012, 02:13 PM
so glad I have the day off!!

JermanJaysFan
04-05-2012, 02:14 PM
I was thinking the same thing, whats so special about them or the Yankees rotation besides nothing.... Yankees #2 is a dodger cast off even, lol LETS GO JAYS LETS GO.......
:eyebrow:

tuck25
04-05-2012, 02:18 PM
so glad I have the day off!!

me to but i booked it off and monday too... Is it just me or does this day seem like when you were 10 on christmas eve and want to go to bed early so Christmas day got here quicker..lol Must be just me, man im excited for this year and the extra wildcard spot... Remember last years last day, 3 best baseball day in my life, of course the 2 WS games were better...lol

tuck25
04-05-2012, 02:23 PM
:eyebrow:

Is he not?? 11-13, 2 years ago and 13-16 last year, dont scream #2 for me with a MLB total 41-46 in the National League...not AL East, added in the track record japan pitches have, well!! Is he actually a upgrade from AJ, IMO no hes not..

Dol-Fan
04-05-2012, 02:32 PM
Is he not?? 11-13, 2 years ago and 13-16 last year, dont scream #2 for me with a MLB total 41-46 in the National League...not AL East, added in the track record japan pitches have, well!! Is he actually a upgrade from AJ, IMO no hes not..

sooo we use the fact that he wasn't resigned by the crappy Dodgers as a reason why he stinks, but then use his W/L record, which was in part determined by said crappy Dodgers team, to determine whether he is good or not? seems logical...I mean, unless you like stats that mean something.

StealingSigns
04-05-2012, 02:32 PM
30 minutes...

the_jon
04-05-2012, 02:33 PM
:jumpy:

StealingSigns
04-05-2012, 02:35 PM
lol Zaun thinks the Jays are a 90 win team, despite bashing them all offseason

Farsight
04-05-2012, 02:36 PM
well, zaun also said that if they didnt blow half of there saves, they would have 12 more wins, which is not necessarily true nor wrong, but every blow save, did not mean the jays lost a game... which he thought it did

JermanJaysFan
04-05-2012, 02:37 PM
It's looking like I might need to find a way to watch this online...if anyone can recommend a good site for finding a stream, I'd love it if you could PM it to me.

Or, a solid proxy that I can use for the MLB.tv preview, if anyone has suggestions.

tuck25
04-05-2012, 02:39 PM
sooo we use the fact that he wasn't resigned by the crappy Dodgers as a reason why he stinks, but then use his W/L record, which was in part determined by said crappy Dodgers team, to determine whether he is good or not? seems logical...I mean, unless you like stats that mean something.

No not really, didnt say anything about the crappy dodgers, just take he was a cast off, was he not?? and the W/L record is a pretty sucky stat true but in the NL West i think it means something. The guy has never been more the 1 game above .500,in the NL West now in the AL East as a #2 for the Yankees, yes that does mean something to me anyway, but time will tell. But you never answered my question, do you think he is better the AJ??

Time to watch the game, Lets Go Jays Lets Go!!!!!!!!

Farsight
04-05-2012, 02:40 PM
It's looking like I might need to find a way to watch this online...if anyone can recommend a good site for finding a stream, I'd love it if you could PM it to me.

Or, a solid proxy that I can use for the MLB.tv preview, if anyone has suggestions. http://atdhe.eu/ - The game is listed on the website (you have to scroll down and find it), but its currently not being streamed. It might be streamed at 3:00pm as the game is about to start

the_jon
04-05-2012, 02:41 PM
I don't know how much better our bullpen really got. The only real difference is Santos. He's a vast improvement on Rauch for sure. We got Cordero (basically Dotel) and we got Oliver (Rzep) and Frasor back. Casey as much as I love him is due to regress. A full year of Carreno and CV in the pen could see some improvement there but otherwise I don't see our pen being that much better.

tuck25
04-05-2012, 02:43 PM
Heres to the season fellow Jays fans,:cheers: We might not agree all season but there is one thing we all have in common, WE LOVE OUR JAYS!!!!!:win::win::win:

the_jon
04-05-2012, 02:44 PM
Mmmmmmm those unis are ****ing gorgeous :drool:

the_jon
04-05-2012, 02:44 PM
Heres to the season fellow Jays fans,:cheers: We might not agree all season but there is one thing we all have in common. WE LOVE OUR JAYS!!!!!:win::win::win:
Got that right. Cheers buddy :cheers:

Farsight
04-05-2012, 02:45 PM
Im actually excited to see Carlos Santana play, as he is one of my favourite players in baseball... Hes going to be a beast one day

StealingSigns
04-05-2012, 02:47 PM
"Blue Jays Got Talent"??? Oh no...

StealingSigns
04-05-2012, 02:47 PM
I can hardly wait to see that gong show...

JermanJaysFan
04-05-2012, 02:49 PM
No not really, didnt say anything about the crappy dodgers, just take he was a cast off, was he not?? and the W/L record is a pretty sucky stat true but in the NL West i think it means something. The guy has never been more the 1 game above .500,in the NL West now in the AL East as a #2 for the Yankees, yes that does mean something to me anyway, but time will tell. But you never answered my question, do you think he is better the AJ??

Time to watch the game, Lets Go Jays Lets Go!!!!!!!!
Pitcher W/L records mean absolutely nothing when evaluating an individual player.

Kuroda is fully and unquestionably better than AJ.

StealingSigns
So, who else is skipping work right now?

JermanJaysFan
http://atdhe.eu/ - The game is listed on the website (you have to scroll down and find it), but its currently not being streamed. It might be streamed at 3:00pm as the game is about to start
Thanks man

Farsight
04-05-2012, 02:50 PM
lol i actually hate these corney segments to be honest... i just want the game to start, im missing class god darn-it!!

Farsight
04-05-2012, 02:51 PM
So, who else is skipping work right now?Skipping law class lol

the_jon
04-05-2012, 02:52 PM
Pitcher W/L records mean absolutely nothing when evaluating an individual player.

Kuroda is fully and unquestionably better than AJ.
Who wouldn't be?

Bob_at_york
04-05-2012, 02:53 PM
I haven't seen much of him but YES, I think he is better than AJ.

StealingSigns
04-05-2012, 02:56 PM
Holy **** Romero dragged Grange into East LA, and they made it out alive?

Farsight
04-05-2012, 02:58 PM
I would like to honestly see how many first round drafted pitchers had a mediocre minor league career, and a pretty good MLB career so far

Bob_at_york
04-05-2012, 02:59 PM
i feel like I am missing so much.

Kenny Powders
04-05-2012, 03:00 PM
Finally.

WhatSayYou
lol wtf did I just watch

StealingSigns
ffs what the **** was that?

the_jon
04-05-2012, 03:01 PM
Morrow :laugh:

Farsight
04-05-2012, 03:01 PM
LOL, until that segment before the broadcast, i forgot Davis was on the team

WhatSayYou
04-05-2012, 03:05 PM
My god they do look good.

3mikee_
04-05-2012, 03:06 PM
somebody hook me up with a stream.. mlb.com has it blacked out

Farsight
04-05-2012, 03:07 PM
i found a stream earlier on atdhe, but its down

PJ Awesome
04-05-2012, 03:07 PM
It's on all the sportsnets though. And oh my ****ing god am I pumped for this season!!!!!

Farsight
04-05-2012, 03:08 PM
OMG first pitch!

DubbyDubbs
here we go!!! :D

swigining at first pitch lol sweet

StealingSigns
Finally a meaningful pitch

bomber0104
04-05-2012, 03:09 PM
lets go Yunell... time to play ball *****es

StealingSigns
That was a nasty pitch from Masterson

DubbyDubbs
his sinker looks great today.... not good for us

bomber0104
that was pretty nasty... our lefties need to perform today because masterson is nasty to righties

Sanyo
04-05-2012, 03:10 PM
whoohooooooooo finally PLAY BALL!!!

But wow Masterson is on his game today!! 2 strikeouts.

bomber0104
04-05-2012, 03:10 PM
well thats not good

Sanyo
04-05-2012, 03:11 PM
Jays have to be patient, he throws a ton of sinkers...

StealingSigns
He isn't quite so brave with Bautista lol

Farsight
man, that sinker is pretty filthy

Sanyo
04-05-2012, 03:12 PM
He isn't quite so brave with Bautista lol

Bautista isn't going to play his games...

StealingSigns
What a BS call

Farsight
rofl, he didnt look like he went around

bomber0104
wtf.. 3 ks

and he defintely didn't swing there.. **** u ump

Sanyo
Wow 1,2,3 ... adjust game plan... lol

Kenny Powders
Never got a good look at that. Did he go around?

the_jon
04-05-2012, 03:13 PM
Ouch, I had Masterson on one of my fantasy teams and I benched him benched today. Then he goes and strikes out the side in the first...

DubbyDubbs
well not a good start. hopefully Ricky is on his A game today

bomber0104
I see umpires are gonna **** us early and often this year

Sanyo
Gotta see the swing again, not sure if he broke the plain...hopefully they show the swing again...

StealingSigns
That was a walk, not a strikeout.

Kenny Powders
wtf.. 3 ks

and he defintely didn't swing there.. **** u ump

I didn't think so.

Farsight
What a BS call Yeah, i think the ump was influence from the crowd... was kind of a late call aswell, reminded me of basketball when the refs give a foul call if they dont score

TOJAYS
04-05-2012, 03:14 PM
ump gave them that one

Kenny Powders
**** I hate that home opener commercial

3mikee_
so somebody send me a link if they find one pleasee

Sanyo
04-05-2012, 03:16 PM
Strikeout central -- ROmero with the K!

Ace Drivers
I also disagree that Romero is a "very, very good pitcher". I don't think he is, not yet at least. I think he is over-rated and he's only warming the "ace" seat for someone else by committee.

And Tulo is not "quite possibly" the best shortstop either, he's the uncontested best shortstop in the game by a mile and he's a Top 5 player in the major leagues.

With all that said, I still stick to my previous post.

I'd be 102...I take Romero, any pitcher who has a sub 3.00 ERA and wins 15 games in the east is not overrated...not too mention I think he had the worst run support on the team last year...furthermore had we closed games a little more last year he could have 18 - 20...which in most years make him a Cy Young Candidate

Knowing what I know now...Although Tulo is a top five player in all of baseball, his career will be cut short by injuries

bomber0104
right back at u.. 1st k

StealingSigns
Nice, Romero answers right back, tit for tat

PJ Awesome
Ada boy Rick

DubbyDubbs
here we go. 54 strikouts this gm for the combined starters

hntrr31
Well, that was a terrible first series.

Sanyo

is it available on rogers on demand online? They did have the games last year..

Ace Drivers
04-05-2012, 03:17 PM
Oh and how good are Tulo's numbers outside of Colorado?...last I checked it's pretty elevated there...

Kenny Powders
Notice how they don't put up the rbi stats....

hntrr31

Jays-Indians is the free game of the day on MLB.tv.

Farsight
I cant get over how nice our jerseys look

Sanyo
Love the new jerseys, feel like we're back in 1993 again lol.

StealingSigns
Buck is in fine form today, stumbling for words in the first inning...

bomber0104
04-05-2012, 03:18 PM
good stuff Ricky

the_jon
Ricky looking real sharp early on

Sanyo
Predicting a Brett Lawrie home run guys...its happening ...

TOJAYS
nice start from ricky ro

DubbyDubbs
04-05-2012, 03:19 PM
there we go. good start ricky. although he should throw more first pitch strikes. instead of falling behind 2-0 before doing so

PJ Awesome
Buck is always ********. haha

bomber0104
jerseys do look great

DubbyDubbs
04-05-2012, 03:20 PM
jerseys look might fine. the all blue ones look really nice. i guess they are used as our alternate roads. hopefully we see them in this series

bomber0104
04-05-2012, 03:21 PM
come on linda

Farsight
Man i hate how our broadcast team keeps on making excuses for Lind

StealingSigns
Holy **** Lind with a double!!

DubbyDubbs
heyyyyy!

the_jon
jerseys look might fine. the all blue ones look really nice. i guess they are used as our alternate roads. hopefully we see them in this series
I believe they are the alternate home unis.

Double for Lind!

bomber0104
yeah baby Lind... you run like a girl though

PJ Awesome
Ada boy Adam!

bomber0104
04-05-2012, 03:22 PM
i did say 30, 100, .280 wouldn't surprise me

bomber0104
screw you EE.... Lawrie time

3mikee_
Jays-Indians is the free game of the day on MLB.tv.

they have it blacked out homie

StealingSigns
c'mon Lawrie...

the_jon
04-05-2012, 03:23 PM
WOW Lawrie made that close lol

StealingSigns
Lawrie made that close with his hustle

hntrr31
they have it blacked out homie

Not in the states. Must be a Canadian thing.

bomber0104
04-05-2012, 03:24 PM
**** you EE.. if u did ur job that would have been a run

need a 2 out hit from Thames

Sanyo
Advanced the runner, THames will cash him in...

Sanyo
All of Canada is blacked out for Jays games online -- even if you subscribe to mlb tv you will never get the jays game...local blackout applies...

Farsight
04-05-2012, 03:25 PM
ewww, that was a bad pitch to swing at

bomber0104
get some patience damn it

StealingSigns
Thames beard is badass.

Farsight
All of Canada is blacked out for Jays games online -- even if you subscribe to mlb tv you will never get the jays game... Thats when you buy a proxy for 3-6$ a month

bomber0104
0-3 with RISP... so that was bad..

all because of the HR or nothing approach

Jamiecballer
04-05-2012, 03:26 PM
holy crap these Indian commentators are way too excitable. i almost pooped right here in the office on that last play. damn was he excited.

MackNorth
04-05-2012, 03:26 PM
Is there any online links to the game? I'm at work and it doesn't even seem to be on First Row Sports...

Kenny Powders
04-05-2012, 03:28 PM
0-3 with RISP... so that was bad..

all because of the HR or nothing approach

Dwayne Murphy......GTFO

bomber0104
04-05-2012, 03:28 PM
how do you trade Santana for casey blake.. dodgers are such a joke

the_jon
04-05-2012, 03:29 PM
I don't need a link but if someone has a working one send it my way and I can send it to anyone else who needs it.

StealingSigns
04-05-2012, 03:30 PM
ruh roh, leadoff walk...

bomber0104
damn u santana

bomber0104
hafner still scares me

bomber0104
04-05-2012, 03:32 PM
haha.. all games are 0-0, 1-0.. pretty lame opening day

StealingSigns
Tigers are beating the Red Sox 1-0 in the eighth.

DubbyDubbs
very nice pitch

StealingSigns
04-05-2012, 03:33 PM
What a breaking ball from Romero

MackNorth
So nobody has a link?

bomber0104
**** duncan has power

StealingSigns
04-05-2012, 03:34 PM
Dammit...

bomber0104
04-05-2012, 03:35 PM
damn... 2 on... Duncan hits lefties

Sanyo
04-05-2012, 03:35 PM
arghhh Duncan double, 2nd and 3rd now...come on RICKY!

bomber0104
04-05-2012, 03:37 PM
JPA looking nice

Sanyo
Indians score 1st run, Kotchman ground out to Lind...Santana scores

bomber0104
**** ther is 1

StealingSigns
04-05-2012, 03:38 PM
Geez, Buck and Tabler have brought their A-game today, asking rhetorical questions...

hntrr31
Too bad none of our guys could ground out with RISP.

Terrible.

StealingSigns
Come on Romero, time to bear down

Krylian
04-05-2012, 03:40 PM
This season is toast.