PDA

View Full Version : To those who think Wright/Pitt were "given a fair chance"

Wade>You
04-03-2012, 08:26 PM
I present to you Joel Anthony: consistent PT since 2007 and a starting position in his second year that was only taken away from him today. Despite that his box score consists of zeros except for turnovers and fouls.

I also present to you Ronny Turiaf: Signed after the All-Star break and plays immediately. 6 games with the Miami Heat and he's our starting "center." A guy that no other team in the NBA wanted.

Pitt and Wright definitely got the same opportunities as these two stuffed jerseys. :rolleyes:

All while Miami continues to get destroyed in the paint when Turiaf and Joel are playing.

kjoke
04-03-2012, 11:20 PM
And both Wright and Pitt have yet to show they are deserving of time on their respective teams. For a struggling GSW team that lacks identify,scoring and needed a SF, wright has really underperformed.

Turiaf is better, and will continue to be better than Pitt

naps
04-04-2012, 05:25 AM
Turiaf is so much better than Pitt it's not even close. He's much much better than Joel freaking Anthony as well. Joel should never get more than 10 mins a game. Joel is good at setting screens and that's about it. His defense and shot blocking is supremely overrated. All our centers suck and Turiaf is the best in the bunch. Wright was injured most of his career in Miami and I honestly think he got plenty of chances to demonstrate his talents. He simply failed.

Mr. Baller
04-04-2012, 06:56 AM
I don't care if Pitt got a fair chance or not, he played, he sucked, and we upgraded.

daleja424
04-04-2012, 09:00 AM
I don't care if Pitt got a fair chance or not, he played, he sucked, and we upgraded.

yup.

This thread is AWFUL!

1. Dorell Wright DID get a chance to start and have a major role... and he got injured... he was always injured. And you act like Dorell has become a superstar. He came into the league touted as the next "Tracy McGrady".... and what is his ceiling? An inefficient standstill jumpshooter who already has knee issues at the age of 26...

2. Pittman was a SECOND ROUND DRAFT PICK. He got more of a chance to prove himself over the last two years than MOST second round draft picks ever get. HEAT drafted him b/c he was a big body and had good touch around the rim. That was two years ago. In two years he has been unable to get in impressive shape and still lacks a lot of lift. And that touch and rebounding ability he showed in college? GONE. He can't seem to get it done with regularity against the athleticism in the NBA.

3. How dare you insult Joel Anthony... He is a glue guy on this team. I don't care how many 0/0/0/0 games he has... he holds the defense together by trapping hard and blocking shots...and he is constant energy. Joel is a guy that has maximized his talent... while a guy like Pittman is too lazy to even get into shape and stop shovling the Burger King down his throat. The fact that you are insulted Joel based on box scores tells me how little you know about basketball...

Finally... Turiaf is the best all around center the HEAT have had in YEARS... so go away. He can defend, trap, block shots, rebound, and finish... something the HEAT hasn't had since Alonzo...

Slug3
04-04-2012, 10:03 AM
Wright was actually pretty good for us. We just couldnt offer him the money GS did so he left and had a good year last year.

Pittman has just been bad. Its one thing to not give a guy anytime, but it is another to give him a little and he doesnt show anything. In the times I have seen him play, he has not done anything really to let me know he deserves more time. The only thing he is good at is picking up fouls.

beasted86
04-04-2012, 06:47 PM
wright was actually pretty good for us. We just couldnt offer him the money gs did so he left and had a good year last year.

Pittman has just been bad. Its one thing to not give a guy anytime, but it is another to give him a little and he doesnt show anything. In the times i have seen him play, he has not done anything really to let me know he deserves more time. The only thing he is good at is picking up fouls.

qft!

KTheo77
04-04-2012, 06:53 PM
yup.

This thread is AWFUL!

1. Dorell Wright DID get a chance to start and have a major role... and he got injured... he was always injured. And you act like Dorell has become a superstar. He came into the league touted as the next "Tracy McGrady".... and what is his ceiling? An inefficient standstill jumpshooter who already has knee issues at the age of 26...

2. Pittman was a SECOND ROUND DRAFT PICK. He got more of a chance to prove himself over the last two years than MOST second round draft picks ever get. HEAT drafted him b/c he was a big body and had good touch around the rim. That was two years ago. In two years he has been unable to get in impressive shape and still lacks a lot of lift. And that touch and rebounding ability he showed in college? GONE. He can't seem to get it done with regularity against the athleticism in the NBA.

3. How dare you insult Joel Anthony... He is a glue guy on this team. I don't care how many 0/0/0/0 games he has... he holds the defense together by trapping hard and blocking shots...and he is constant energy. Joel is a guy that has maximized his talent... while a guy like Pittman is too lazy to even get into shape and stop shovling the Burger King down his throat. The fact that you are insulted Joel based on box scores tells me how little you know about basketball...

Finally... Turiaf is the best all around center the HEAT have had in YEARS... so go away. He can defend, trap, block shots, rebound, and finish... something the HEAT hasn't had since Alonzo...

:hi5:

HuRRiCaNeS324
04-05-2012, 01:12 AM
Daleja just took a **** on the OP's chest......... iiiiiiilllllllllll