PDA

View Full Version : Draft lottery scheduled for May 30th, moving to NY

spreadeagle
04-03-2012, 02:53 PM
Any predictions on who will get top 3 picks this year?
After years of taking that winding drive along New Jersey Route 3 to have their fortunes determined by ping-pong balls in a drum, the 14 teams that miss out on the playoffs this season will be taking a journey to a different location in hopes of altering the course of their respective franchises.

The NBA is moving the draft lottery to New York, according to multiple league sources. Since 1994, the NBA has held the draft order drawing for the teams that failed to make the postseason at its studios in Secaucus, N.J. But the league laid off more than 100 employees and shut down one of its two offices in Secaucus last summer, creating an opening for a new venue.

The lottery will be held on May 30 and the location in New York will be announced in the next few weeks.

The Wizards (12-41) will be heading to the lottery for the fourth consecutive season. They made the trip to Secaucus in 12 of the past 17 years, winning the No. 1 overall pick in 2001 (Kwame Brown) and 2010 (John Wall).

Kentucky big man Anthony Davis, the most outstanding player in the NCAA tournament, is expected to be the top overall pick in the draft, which will be held on June 28 at Prudential Center in Newark, N.J.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wizards-insider/post/nba-draft-lottery-moving-to-new-york/2012/04/03/gIQAvzrCtS_blog.html

310Casper
04-03-2012, 02:58 PM
Is the unibrow pretty much without a doubt going to be the #1 pick this year?

Some people are saying he's the next Tim Duncan and is a better college player than Duncan was as a college player.

spreadeagle
04-03-2012, 03:00 PM

Some people are saying he's the next Tim Duncan and is a better college player than Duncan was as a college player.

Ya I think now that seasons done hes the for sure #1...reminds me more of a young KG with freakish shot blocking ability #bowtothebrow

nycsports2
04-03-2012, 03:06 PM
Ya I think now that seasons done hes the for sure #1...reminds me more of a young KG with freakish shot blocking ability #bowtothebrow

lol nice

RipCity32
04-03-2012, 03:12 PM
Hook up the Pistons Stern.

alencp3
04-03-2012, 03:15 PM

which people are those exactly? :crazy:

spreadeagle
04-03-2012, 03:15 PM
N.O Wizards and Bobcats...and not sure any of these teams they will get any better, although I do think Washington is on the right path with a core of NeNe and Wall...Bobcats should prey for a front court of Bismack and Davis, no one would get a shot off in the paint ever

Cal827
04-03-2012, 03:19 PM
New Orleans (Via Minnesota)
New Orleans
Charlotte

Funny enough, when I ran the draft lottery on ESPN yesterday, the 0.8% pick from Minnesota won it.... If they already are braced for the rigging, I think we should lol

Tmath
04-03-2012, 03:25 PM
I think the Nets will land a top 3 pick to open up in brooklyn.

topdog
04-03-2012, 03:26 PM
New Orleans
Charlotte

Funny enough, when I ran the draft lottery on ESPN yesterday, the 0.8% pick from Minnesota won it.... If they already are braced for the rigging, I think we should lol

Ha ha I was going to say this!

I think maybe Golden State, Cleveland and New Orleans, then Portland (via NJ). Stern will reward Lacob, set up theatrics in the East - "who will win a title first - Lebron or Cleveland?", punish New Jersey and make NOLA a more tantalizing buy.

Tmath
04-03-2012, 03:28 PM
1.New Orleans
2.Nets
3.Bobcats

spreadeagle
04-03-2012, 03:29 PM
man does everyone really think its rigged!???? I dont really believe that but i also wouldnt be shocked if it was

D-Leethal
04-03-2012, 03:31 PM
Cats
Hornets
Wiz
Nets
Raps

torocan
04-03-2012, 03:33 PM
man does everyone really think its rigged!???? I dont really believe that but i also wouldnt be shocked if it was

After the 2002 game 6 with Kings/LAL, it wouldn't surprise me at all. That's aside from some rather dodgy lotteries in previous seasons.

David Stern just seems to enjoy sticking his fingers in the mix a little too often.

Don't be surprised if the Nets get the #1.

rurichie
04-03-2012, 03:39 PM
if the nets get #4 pick I'm gonna bug!

Odominator
04-03-2012, 03:41 PM

Shouldn't be surprised if it was rigged. Look at Sterns track record, and look at all the controversies under his leadership.

When people continuously call for your head in separate occasions, then somethings up-- where there is smoke, there is fire type metaphor applies with Stern.

FriedTofuz
04-03-2012, 04:03 PM
New Orleans
Charlotte

This. Since the nba owns the hornets and wants to sell it for a profit, they wil make sure the hornets at least one top 3 pick if not the first overall pick so they can sell the hornets for more cash. The nba is fixed,lets face reality and accept that this will happen

mgsports
04-03-2012, 04:09 PM
He will allow NBATV to have a set also at the NBA Draft this year.

Lakerfrk
04-03-2012, 04:30 PM
I hope its a team no one thought of.. so that everyone can stop saying its rigged.. like the Kings.. even though i hate the kings.. or maybe the Suns...

Trace
04-03-2012, 04:53 PM
This. Since the nba owns the hornets and wants to sell it for a profit, they wil make sure the hornets at least one top 3 pick if not the first overall pick so they can sell the hornets for more cash. The nba is fixed,lets face reality and accept that this will happen

Yeah because it has everything to do with the NBA owning the Hornets and has nothing to do with the Hornets being the worst team in the NBA!

Trace
04-03-2012, 04:54 PM
I hope its a team no one thought of.. so that everyone can stop saying its rigged.. like the Kings.. even though i hate the kings.. or maybe the Suns...

People will always find a narrative. It's to award the Kings for not moving out of Sacramento!

FriedTofuz
04-03-2012, 05:00 PM
Yeah because it has everything to do with the NBA owning the Hornets and has nothing to do with the Hornets being the worst team in the NBA!

they are not the worstteam in the league, or they would be ranked last. It has much to do with it. We'ves seen how fixed the nba, particulary the draft can be.

The X
04-03-2012, 05:02 PM
Hopefully the nets get #1 pick...

Trace
04-03-2012, 05:03 PM
they are not the worstteam in the league, or they would be ranked last. It has much to do with it. We'ves seen how fixed the nba, particulary the draft can be.

Right because all "NBA is rigged" theories can be applied universally throughout the drafts without succumbing to confirmation bias and passes Occam's razor.

Cfrey
04-03-2012, 05:12 PM
it is rigged.. let be honest guys

bholly
04-03-2012, 05:18 PM
A week or so before hand we need to set up a 'What would Stern do if he was rigging it' thread and get everyone's opinions on the record, so that when something else happens they shut up.
Every year people claim they knew what was going to happen and that it must've been rigged - but after any team wins you can come up with some ******** justification for why it was rigged for them.
I want people on the record - beforehand - saying which outcomes would be evidence of rigging and which wouldn't.

Raph12
04-03-2012, 05:31 PM

Definitely not Tim Duncan-like, his scoring game is extremely raw, a better comparison would be a young Bill Russell; great defensive player, tenacious rebounder, lacks size, very athletic and a very willing passer... And yes, he'll definitely be the #1 pick overall.

xILLN355
04-03-2012, 05:38 PM
if it is hosted in new york, somehow someway stern will reward the knicks with the #1 pick

kenzo400
04-03-2012, 06:01 PM
if it is hosted in new york, somehow someway stern will reward the knicks with the #1 pick

NO, first pick and NY will get the second.

mgsports
04-03-2012, 07:19 PM
Kings have more to worry about tonight the Vote.

jim51990
04-03-2012, 07:40 PM
its going to be in Brooklyn and the nets will get the first pick

jakub
04-03-2012, 07:41 PM
When will tickets be on sale?

HouRealCoach
04-03-2012, 08:15 PM
They say Anthony Davis is a Tim Duncan?!?!??!?!??!?!? lolololololololololololololololololololololololol

They also say that Drummond is a Dwight Howard with passing skills an handles, MKG is a LeBron... This draft will become just as overrated as 07 with the ALMIGHTY Oden lol

FraziersKnicks
04-03-2012, 08:20 PM
Davis isn't even a fraction of a player Duncan is on the offensive end.

PleaseBeNice
04-03-2012, 08:43 PM
Kings. For the love of god that doesn't exist, let it be the Kings.

knicks_champ
04-03-2012, 08:51 PM
I wonder what team will be lucky.

VinceCarter
04-03-2012, 11:33 PM
I think the Nets will land a top 3 pick to open up in brooklyn.

lol it is VERY IMPORTANT that we get that pick. Could be a franchise changer.

VinceCarter
04-03-2012, 11:39 PM
its going to be in Brooklyn and the nets will get the first pick

I'd cream myself.

spreadeagle
04-04-2012, 12:25 AM
So what im getting is if Brooklyn wins its fixed cause they want that pick to kick start the franchise, and if N.O wins its fixed cause stern wants to sell the team...and they are two teams who could easily win it...cmon guys lol

Trace
04-04-2012, 12:35 AM
So what im getting is if Brooklyn wins its fixed cause they want that pick to kick start the franchise, and if N.O wins its fixed cause stern wants to sell the team...and they are two teams who could easily win it...cmon guys lol

Hopefully Toronto wins then. :P

Monta is beast
04-04-2012, 03:57 AM
For some strange reason, I have a feeling the Warriors will move into the top three. Stern has complimented the Warriors all season, and has complimented Lacob, so I'm think Stern had beef with Cohan (previous owner). Hopefully, we could use a Small Forward.

kenzo400
04-04-2012, 03:59 AM

Lol, true. But if NY gets first and NO second than it's at least questionable.

KB-Pau-DH2012
04-04-2012, 04:05 AM
Cats
Hornets
Wiz
Nets
Raps

4 of these 5 teams are not committed to winning. Never really have been, and never will. The team that is the exception from this list is the Nets.

Poor whoever is selected #1, 2, 3 and has to be stuck with an organization that has a loser's mentality. Will end up being another LeBron, Melo, Dwight situation in like 5 yrs.

aussie
04-04-2012, 04:13 AM
Hornets (x2)
Bobcats

ciaban
04-04-2012, 04:54 AM

I am not saying everyone but the very 1st one was done in a back room the teams had an even chance of winning instead of the worst teams getting the most envolopes etc, and the warriors who should have had the 1st amongst the bottom 7 teams ended up with the 7th overall pick, the nicks who had the 7th worst record in 1984 ended up with the 1st pick and patric ewing, so yeah the warriors got shafted for stearns home town knickerbockers. however they did make up for it by drafting chris mullen, however a big man like ewing has always been what they lacked

torontosports10
04-04-2012, 05:19 AM
4 of these 5 teams are not committed to winning. Never really have been, and never will. The team that is the exception from this list is the Nets.

Poor whoever is selected #1, 2, 3 and has to be stuck with an organization that has a loser's mentality. Will end up being another LeBron, Melo, Dwight situation in like 5 yrs.

Here we go, ffs.