PDA

View Full Version : If it comes down to it, would Pat Riley allow Phil Jackson to coach the Heat?

JordansBulls
04-03-2012, 11:51 AM
If it comes down to it, would Pat Riley allow Phil Jackson to coach the Heat considering the two dislike one another?

Yunqn
04-03-2012, 12:08 PM
Why not do it himself ?

These guys are closer to pat and im pretty sure if pat wanted to give them the best coach he"ll probably do it himself

mjm07
04-03-2012, 12:10 PM
Why not do it himself ?

These guys are closer to pat and im pretty sure if pat wanted to give them the best coach he"ll probably do it himself

This ^

Doubt it.

ManRam
04-03-2012, 12:10 PM
Let me go ask him...

I have no idea.

My completely uneducated guess is that if it gets bad enough (nothing will happen this season...the regular season doesn't matter), he'd step in before hiring someone else. But again, who knows? I know no one here knows...

justinnum1
04-03-2012, 12:14 PM
no

JasonJohnHorn
04-03-2012, 12:15 PM
I didnt realize the two disliked each other, but given that Phil Jackson is likely the best coach of all time, I'm guessing Riley may very well be willing to let him have a crack at it. Could you imagine running the triangle with LBJ, Wade and Bosh? CRAZY Though I think Gasol would be a better fit than Bosh, and he already knows the system. And Wade and LBJ are both solid defenders, so Jackson's defensive set combined with their work ethic would be pretty much unstoppable.

That said, Riley has an ego the size of Texas and I think he would sooner do it himself so he could earn another ring as a coach.

h2r09
04-03-2012, 01:07 PM
spo isn't going anywhere. he is a good coach that people in the league rave about and is one of the most prepared coaches in the league. riley loves him.

one of the big 3 will go if we don't win this year, probably not spo.

and riley has no interest in coming back. he has already said he hates the grind of coaching full time.