PDA

View Full Version : What is your playoff rotation?

h2r09
04-02-2012, 05:39 PM
Simple question, what minutes would you give to every position to give us the best chance to win, given that we are healthy. For me the major change would be not playing cole and giving lebron minutes at the point, thus opening up more minutes for Mike Miller.

Chalmers(30)/ Lebron(12)/Wade (6)
Wade(35)/Miller(13)
Lebron(26)/Battier (15)/Miller(7)
Bosh (38)/ Haslem (8)/Lebron (2)
Turiaf(20)/ Joel (10)/Haslem (18)

Whats yours?

justinnum1
04-02-2012, 05:41 PM
That works for me.

Best part is no cole:)

Tho is think anthony and turiaf will get about equal minuets and bosh will get those minutes at center that haslem has. but haslem will play 25+ a game

A lot depends on matchup, if we play philly in the first round, anthony can have 30+min a night, he totally owned philly last year.

If we play boston in the first round, then anthony should see less than 15min per game.

I would like to see a

bron
wade
miller
battier
bosh

lineup, something about that lineup intrigues me

Also, if rio is still in his shooting slump he should not be getting close to 30min a game.

beasted86
04-02-2012, 06:01 PM
Too many minutes loaded on the big 3.

Wade and LeBron should be capped at 38, Bosh at 36. I want to see more Miller time, he needs to see a consistent 24 minutes off the bench, and play in big lineups with no PG when we really need rebounding, IE: Wade, Miller, LeBron, Bosh, Turiaf. That lineup is a big lineup when we have to face teams with size and need guys to attack the boards.

Also Chalmers shouldn't be playing 30 minutes, his conditioning isn't all that great, and I don't want his shot going flatter than it already is. Cole should get the final 5 minutes of the first quarter, and maybe 3 at the end of the 3rd quarter.

h2r09
04-02-2012, 06:18 PM
there is no such thing as to many minutes on the big 3 in the playoffs. thats probably close to what they played last year in the playoffs.

beasted86
04-02-2012, 06:22 PM
there is no such thing as to many minutes on the big 3 in the playoffs. thats probably close to what they played last year in the playoffs.

Yeah and they burned themselves out near the end. The minutes should ramp up in the ECF and Finals though, but until then they should be playing a little less.

h2r09
04-02-2012, 06:24 PM
Yeah and they burned themselves out near the end. The minutes should ramp up in the ECF and Finals though, but until then they should be playing a little less.

no they didn't? where are you getting that?

they don't play everyday in the playoffs, they can play 38-40 a night.

justinnum1
04-02-2012, 06:57 PM
Big 3's minutes will depend on how much help they get around them. Rio, battier, miller, and ud need to make shots.

Heathead
04-03-2012, 05:21 PM
Simple question, what minutes would you give to every position to give us the best chance to win, given that we are healthy. For me the major change would be not playing cole and giving lebron minutes at the point, thus opening up more minutes for Mike Miller.

Chalmers(30)/ Lebron(12)/Wade (6)
Wade(35)/Miller(13)
Lebron(26)/Battier (15)/Miller(7)
Bosh (38)/ Haslem (8)/Lebron (2)
Turiaf(20)/ Joel (10)/Haslem (18)

Whats yours?

I like this lineup. Oh new member longtime Heat fan. What about Curry when we play the half court game? It seems that Curry cant run the up and down the court game, but when we get in the playoffs teams like the Bulls and Celtics are going to try to slow the Heat down with half court game. Bulls and Celtics are going to guard the paoint notallwoing Wad and Lebron to get inside. Why not use Curry's beef clear the lane. I am just getting a little tired of Joel. Less minutes for Joel the better.

justinnum1
04-03-2012, 05:27 PM
I like this lineup. Oh new member longtime Heat fan. What about Curry when we play the half court game? It seems that Curry cant run the up and down the court game, but when we get in the playoffs teams like the Bulls and Celtics are going to try to slow the Heat down with half court game. Bulls and Celtics are going to guard the paoint notallwoing Wad and Lebron to get inside. Why not use Curry's beef clear the lane. I am just getting a little tired of Joel. Less minutes for Joel the better.

Hey, welcome. Curry is done, he will not see a meaningful minutes in a heat uni. Dude is complete garbage. Joel is more a situational player than a starter. He is very effective agasint small athletic teams and pretty terrible agasint large front lines.

Perfect example is agasint philly, joel owned philly in the first round last year, even philly players said as much, but agasint a team like dallas, hes near worthless. Hey, joel was the starter when we spanked chicago in 5, **** bibby was the starter too in that series:laugh2:

But yea, less joel agasint the bigger teams would be better. Thats where turiaf would come in. I would even give a few mins to pittman if we needed someone to give some hard fouls.

If rio can start hitting some shots again it will also help with teams packing the paint.

Heathead
04-03-2012, 05:54 PM
I just want some big body to push the defense out of the way for Bron and Wade to go down the lane. Joel is too small and is so limited offensively that it makes me want to throw up. Last game he had sure lay in and he couldn't get it in the basket. Was listening to local radio today in the car and the Curry plan is next season. How much longer until Miller gets back? I kind of want to see some more James Jones too. I know he is limited in defense but man can shoot the three, especially if Rio continues shooting woes.

justinnum1
04-03-2012, 05:57 PM
milller will be back prob next week, they want him to get a practice in first and next practice is saturday

Slug3
04-03-2012, 08:25 PM
All I know is I dont want to see Cole play any minutes at all.

justinnum1
04-03-2012, 08:30 PM
All I know is I dont want to see Cole play any minutes at all.

real talk

send him to niemans with a 5k gift card to get some suits

gotoHcarolina52
04-03-2012, 08:59 PM
More Miller

Dave Hyde

For all the questions of the Heat, the overlooked issue is Mike Miller's absence. The Heat is 19-13 when he hasn't made at least one 3-point shot, meaning he's either hurt or ineffective. They're 18-1 when he has made at least one 3-point shot. He is such a good, complementary player with The Big Three that his return to health is the No. 1 issue for this team heading into the playoffs.

daleja424
04-04-2012, 09:06 AM
I would start:

Chalmers
Wade
Lebron
Bosh
Anthony

My bench rotation would include: Turiaf (He would get MOST of the center minutes), Haslem (all his minutes at the 4...with Bosh playing SOME 5), Miller (In spurts), and Battier (getting the majority of the backup wing minutes).

Everyone else should be glued to the bench. Wade, Chalmers, Lebron, and in an emergency Miller should get all the minutes at the 1.

The reason I prefer Joel start is that I think Turiaf offers a little bit more offensively to a second unit that struggles to score at times.

If there is foul trouble the next guy off my bench would be James Jones.

Norris Cole, Terrel Harris, Dexter Pittman, Eddy Curry, and Juwan Howard might as well be in suits b/c they wouldn't be getting of my bench if I had a say once the playoffs come.

Heater4life
04-04-2012, 09:55 AM
More Miller

Dave Hyde

Guys when is Mike Miller expected back? Hes been gone a while, wtf? :confused:

Coqui77
04-04-2012, 03:24 PM
Starting:

Mario
Wade
LBJ
Bosh
Turiaf

Second unit (I like this unit when the ball goes mainly through Bosh while Wade & Lebron rest):

Cole
Miller/JJ
Battier/JJ
Bosh
Haslem/Anthony