PDA

View Full Version : Waiver Wire

jbro732
04-02-2012, 03:47 PM
I thought there should be a spot where you can share your waiver wire additions/subtractions.

If your watching a game and the team's closer goes down.Post it here so we can all gain some competitive edge in our leagues.

Today I performed the following transactions

Add Alfedro Aceves- Dropped nobody had a spot open up due to DL. I've read that he is the frontrunner for save opp's with Bailey probably headed to the DL. Melancon should get some saves as well but he was already owned. I like Aceves better anyways if Beckett cant start Saturday because of his thumb then Aceves will get the start. Win win to me.

Added Bobby Parnell in another league to handcuff Frank Francisco. Dropped Josh Collmenter who is having an awful spring. Francisco is going for an MRI today on his knee I believe hopefully it turns out well.

Added Juan Pierre in another league. If he can manage to fight his way into the leadoff in Philly he could have some value. Plan is to stash him on the bench and ship him to a steals starved manager by June. Wishful thinking but low risk high reward for me.

jbro732
04-03-2012, 04:35 PM
I picked up Joel Peralta in a few of my leagues last night. Kyle Farnsworth is likely headed to the DL.

BroadStBullies
04-03-2012, 08:48 PM
Didn't know Chris Sale was gonna be a starter. Got a lucky pick up in Jordan Walden.

yankswin27
04-04-2012, 04:26 PM
Who would be a better pickup for my bench, Todd Helton or Justin Smoak?

jbro732
04-04-2012, 09:55 PM
Who would be a better pickup for my bench, Todd Helton or Justin Smoak?

If the average doesn't concern you I'd say Smoak.

jammastershake
04-05-2012, 07:46 PM
If the average doesn't concern you I'd say Smoak.

I tend to agree with this.

I picked up Chad Billingsley and dropped Niese yesterday, and been doubting it ever since. I think/hope Billingsley can have a bounce back season behind Kershaw, and not too sold on Niese's spring. Plus he just got paid, so who knows how he reacts. This move could go either way.

jbro732
04-06-2012, 12:35 AM
I wouldn't sweat Billingsley. I doubt anyone will put a waiver claim in on him. Just monitor the situation if he comes up with a few good starts pick him back up. I do prefer SO pitchers in fantasy so I agree with you about him. He is kind of forgotten in fantasy, its all about what have you done for me lately.