PDA

View Full Version : Thunders Season Insanely Impressive so Far...

StickyGreenFan
04-01-2012, 09:55 PM
so far they beat

magic by 8 and 3
san antionio by 12
lakers twice by 15 and 9
miami by damn near 20
bulls by 14

durant and westbrook both in top 5 scoring this season, harden 6th man of the year by a mile imo, ibaka avg 3.3 blocks a game... san antonio might b the only team that can slow em down but i just cant help but think how dominant theyve been, gotta give credit where its due they definitely look like the clear favorite to win it all

JJ_JKidd
04-01-2012, 10:08 PM
so far they beat

magic by 8 and 3
san antionio by 12
lakers twice by 15 and 9
miami by damn near 20
bulls by 14

durant and westbrook both in top 5 scoring this season, harden 6th man of the year by a mile imo, ibaka avg 3.3 blocks a game... san antonio might b the only team that can slow em down but i just cant help but think how dominant theyve been, gotta give credit where its due they definitely look like the clear favorite to win it all

Yeahppp... Clear favorite to win them all alright :confused:

Cal827
04-01-2012, 10:09 PM
Cool Story Bro.

ChiSox219
04-01-2012, 10:10 PM
Beard over everything

justinnum1
04-01-2012, 10:17 PM
Cool Story Bro.

lol

StickyGreenFan
04-01-2012, 10:30 PM
Cool Story Bro.

point of the story is pay attention to what they appear to b doin. if they continue to b this dominant they could be one of those teams like early 2000 lakers, bulls, etc. that we look back on and acknowledge later. they obviously still gotta win it all, but we could b witnessin the beginning of a dynasty u never know.

JJ_JKidd
04-01-2012, 10:38 PM
point of the story is pay attention to what they appear to b doin. if they continue to b this dominant they could be one of those teams like early 2000 lakers, bulls, etc. that we look back on and acknowledge later. they obviously still gotta win it all, but we could b witnessin the beginning of a dynasty u never know.

Ok....

Baller1
04-01-2012, 10:41 PM

It's premature of course, but the talent is there. If Presti can somehow lock up Harden and Ibaka to long term contracts and they all stay healthy, I give it a 75% chance that they become a dynasty.

GrandDaddyPurp
04-01-2012, 10:42 PM
Overrated

NoahH
04-01-2012, 10:55 PM
Okc vs Miami final

StickyGreenFan
04-01-2012, 11:08 PM
Okc vs Miami final

i dont think miami gettin past chi tbh

Mr.Nate30
04-01-2012, 11:08 PM

It'sMyTime
04-01-2012, 11:20 PM
I think it is very premature to say these things. You never know what can happen in the playoffs, we all know there are a few tough outs in the West (Lakers, Mavs, Spurs, Griz)

Raph12
04-01-2012, 11:27 PM
You do realize the Spurs have beat the Thunder 2 games to 1 this season right? IMO the Thunder should hope the Lakers eliminate the Spurs for them.

Da Knicks
04-01-2012, 11:28 PM

I'll take them serious when Durant develops a post up game...

StickyGreenFan
04-01-2012, 11:29 PM
You do realize the Spurs have beat the Thunder 2 games to 1 this season right? IMO the Thunder should hope the Lakers eliminate the Spurs for them.

thats y i mentioned the spurs being able to give them problems, its a bad matchup for okc. ur sig is hypnotizing btw lol

THE MTL
04-01-2012, 11:35 PM
I actually expected them to be the best team in the West and fully expected them to be Top 3 in NBA.

Sometimes the smartest move that you can do, is to NOT make a move. And thats exactly what the Thunder did in the offseason. They did nothing drastic unlike the Mavericks (who break up a championship team over free agency- Chandler, Stevenson, Barea, add Odom) or the Lakers (Trades Odom for nothing and ongoing shopping of Pau Gasol).

Sure, Thunder could have added a big time player thru mid-level exception or trade for a true low-post scorer or get into the CP3/Rondo discussions by offering Westbrook (back when there was an issue about Durant/Westbrook co-existing). But they stayed intact and now they running the Wild West.

Da Knicks
04-01-2012, 11:36 PM

I chose the spurs at the begining of the year and I still feel they are the team to beat in the west...

StickyGreenFan
04-02-2012, 12:09 AM
I actually expected them to be the best team in the West and fully expected them to be Top 3 in NBA.

Sometimes the smartest move that you can do, is to NOT make a move. And thats exactly what the Thunder did in the offseason. They did nothing drastic unlike the Mavericks (who break up a championship team over free agency- Chandler, Stevenson, Barea, add Odom) or the Lakers (Trades Odom for nothing and ongoing shopping of Pau Gasol).

Sure, Thunder could have added a big time player thru mid-level exception or trade for a true low-post scorer or get into the CP3/Rondo discussions by offering Westbrook (back when there was an issue about Durant/Westbrook co-existing). But they stayed intact and now they running the Wild West.

yea dallas' moves confused me and although i didnt like the odom move, it helped us get sessions and odom hasnt done too well so i guess it worked out.

StickyGreenFan
04-02-2012, 12:12 AM
I chose the spurs at the begining of the year and I still feel they are the team to beat in the west...

spurs def flying under the radar and they have a SOLID team, spurs are one of the few rival teams i respect. they just handle business and u never hear anything negative from the locker room

Raph12
04-02-2012, 12:21 AM
thats y i mentioned the spurs being able to give them problems, its a bad matchup for okc. ur sig is hypnotizing btw lol

I agree lol.

The playoffs are all about matchups though, the Lakers and Grizzlies matchup well with the Spurs because they have dominant big men, OKC's bigs are more defensive and neither are good rebounders or strong offensive threats... If I'm OKC, I'd much rather see a team like the Lakers, the Spurs seem to have their number.

Again, it's all about matchups.

Iron24th
04-02-2012, 12:35 AM
so far they beat

magic by 8 and 3
san antionio by 12
lakers twice by 15 and 9
miami by damn near 20
bulls by 14

You don't say it all.
SA beat them badly on their court and they beat Chicago without D-Rose.

StickyGreenFan
04-02-2012, 12:38 AM
You don't say it all.
SA beat them badly on their court and they beat Chicago without D-Rose.

that would b the reason i mentioned san antonio being the team to slow em down... and chi was playing well without d rose, to beat em by 14 is still impressive.

joseph aka Jman
04-02-2012, 01:07 AM
The Thunder are gonna be good for a long time.

Public Enemy #1
04-02-2012, 01:09 AM
I've never been a fan of the Thunder hype or the Durant hype. Yes, the Thunder have been extremely impressive this season, beating contenders very easily. But, I don't expect it to continue come playoff time. They have no low post scorer, they only have 3 legitimate scorers, rest don't do anything on the offensive end. Defense picks up in the playoffs, if they shut down one of them, Thunder will be in some serious trouble.

I did pick Heat vs Thunder at the beginning of the season, I'm wavering on it though. I think the Spurs have a shot... Either way, Heat should win their title this year.

Lakers + Giants
04-02-2012, 01:12 AM
Overrated

You're just mad they're a Beast while being young, and your team is young and talented but sucks.

Baller1
04-02-2012, 02:26 AM
You're just mad they're a Beast while being young, and your team is young and talented but sucks.

:laugh:

AIRMAR72
04-02-2012, 02:35 AM
i like the thunders but durant needs to play closer to the paint take less Js the thunders at time struggle in the halfcourt play but the 2nd unit with harden does a better job that is why im giving the edge to the grizz(they gave the thunders a serious challenge lastyr playoffs) i dont see anybody beating them in a series

LA_Raiders
04-02-2012, 02:41 AM
Hell of a season so far, but I think LA or SA will beat them in the POffs...

Ovratd1up
04-02-2012, 02:55 AM
More impressive than the Bulls still having a better record than them without Rose, or Rip? I'd say the Thunder's sheer talent is most impressive.

GrandDaddyPurp
04-02-2012, 03:23 AM

The Kings are actually still the youngest team in the league and I'm not mad. If the Thunder win it this year then ill stop saying they're overrated but until then they're overrated.

On another note, you gave up on Kobe already?! They got the best chance of beating the Thunder in the postseason.

Baller1
04-02-2012, 04:39 AM
I've seen it a couple times, so someone has to explain how in God's name LA can beat OKC in a series.

GrandDaddyPurp
04-02-2012, 05:00 AM
I've seen it a couple times, so someone has to explain how in God's name LA can beat OKC in a series.

The Thunder are not a great half court team and will suffer by not having a low post presence. They have a decent one now but they will get destroyed by the Laker towers.

ghettosean
04-02-2012, 05:31 AM
so far they beat

magic by 8 and 3
san antionio by 12
lakers twice by 15 and 9
miami by damn near 20
bulls by 14

All that matters to Durant this year is a championship... He literaly said at the beginning of the season that the scoring title or anything else doesn't matter he just wants to get his 1st championship. Also I think the thunder are meeting expectations right now. We expected them to be the best in the west and that's what they are right now.

mdm692
04-02-2012, 06:10 AM
The Thunder are not a great half court team and will suffer by not having a low post presence. They have a decent one now but they will get destroyed by the Laker towers.

isnt that the same thing people said would happen when the lakers played the mavs.

But the only team that can beat the thunder is the spurs imo.

GrandDaddyPurp
04-02-2012, 06:51 AM
isnt that the same thing people said would happen when the lakers played the mavs.

But the only team that can beat the thunder is the spurs imo.

I never said that. The Mavs had Chandler at that time and Dirk was playing at his best. Also Pau Gasol just wasn't himself last year.

BearsBullsSox
04-02-2012, 07:38 AM
that would b the reason i mentioned san antonio being the team to slow em down... and chi was playing well without d rose, to beat em by 14 is still impressive.

Yeah and the last time OKC played the Bulls with Rose (a game from last season) they lost to the Bulls. So what's your point? Imma Bulls fans who saw the Bulls beat OKC last year with Rose with my own eyes so none of this means anything to me. They are beatable. And the Bulls have held down the number 1 seed without Rose while OKC with a healthy Durant and Westbrook an ENTIRE season is just starting to catch up.

mdm692
04-02-2012, 08:22 AM
I never said that. The Mavs had Chandler at that time and Dirk was playing at his best. Also Pau Gasol just wasn't himself last year.

well in that case westbrook and durant are playing out of their minds and harden is playing like the 3rd best sg in the league and ibaka is making a case for DPOY. Bynum is being a little Bit## and brown is losing control of the team and the sorry excuse of a bench they have would get mutilated by any playoff bench. That means kobe and bynum need to put heavy minutes and if im not mistajen this years playoffs will feature back to backs which means stars need their respective benches to step up.

gaughan333
04-02-2012, 09:58 AM
Not really surprising. Anyone who actually knows anything about basketball could have seen this coming. I didn't get to watch the game against the bulls. I assume westbrook torched cj and JL3

ChicagoJ
04-02-2012, 12:04 PM
Thunder are looking great to me and with a young core they should be a contender for a while. The bulls and thunder are both teams that are just getting started for what they will become it looks like anyway. Although I hate to say it, the Heat may be a sleeper team right now since I bet once the playoffs start everyone will be talking about them as the team to beat with the vets they have.

dbramforskins21
04-02-2012, 12:15 PM

I'll take the "Da Knicks" seriously when they're two allstars actually play like it, and when their point guard doesnt turn the ball over almost 4 times a game and your best player to this point has been Chandler(givin credit when it due)...I mean I think ANY one who has any knowledge on the nba right now takes the Thunder as far more serious then the Knicks

M.Bibby2.0
04-02-2012, 12:40 PM
In terms of pure talent, OKC has it all going for them, but I can see them getting surprised and losing to a Spurs team, a focused Lakers Team, or even a Mavs team if they pull it together for in time and Dirk goes crazy in playoffs again. Memphis can cause some havoc for the Thunder too.

I think people forget the troubles Durant had last year with smaller, faster defenders on him (Tony Allen, Marion)

I don't think LAL has any answer for Durant, but if Kobe plays smart (big IF) and the Lakers play off their bigs that can cause OKC trouble too. Perkins is overrated defensively, I don't think he can handle Gasol or Bynum (assuming he's healthy, another big IF).

Overall I think OKC matches up favourably against the Heat(I could be very wrong), Bulls, and Lakers but a savvy team of veterans with lots of play-off experience could surprise them.

dbramforskins21
04-02-2012, 12:51 PM

Too bad..Gasol is far from playing his best and Bynum is being a b!tch and would resting and getting his zen on the bench while he sees Westbrook toast anyone they put out there at PG, and Kobe would probably have to play on Durant.. I just wish these Lakers fans would realize that the end of their dynasty has came as Kobe has fell off a bit.

Baller1
04-02-2012, 01:50 PM

Durant, Harden, and Westbrook are all tops in the league in free throw attempts, and it's basically common knowledge at this point that they can get to the rim at will.

I think the whole "low post scorer" thing is overrated; a drive to the hoop for a layup or free throws is just as productive as a back to the basket post up, in my opinion at least. Not to mention Ibaka, who has improved pretty nicely this season on offense.

StickyGreenFan
04-02-2012, 01:55 PM
Yeah and the last time OKC played the Bulls with Rose (a game from last season) they lost to the Bulls. So what's your point? Imma Bulls fans who saw the Bulls beat OKC last year with Rose with my own eyes so none of this means anything to me. They are beatable. And the Bulls have held down the number 1 seed without Rose while OKC with a healthy Durant and Westbrook an ENTIRE season is just starting to catch up.

ur gonna really bring up a game from last season as the basis or ur agrument? especially when thunder are clearly better then last year... i know u wanna defend ur bulls and make it known that theyre a good team, but thunder are better all around sorry... and this from a lakers fan Lol

Baller1
04-02-2012, 01:59 PM

And? The Thunder beat Chicago last season with D-Rose as well. That's an insanely irrelevant argument.

CudiOnMyiPod
04-02-2012, 02:07 PM
I feel like in terms of dynasty, they will take a major hit if Harden leaves. He will get a max contract offer from someone I bet. I don't know if he'll take like a 5 year/60 mil type offer from OKC or a max contract from another team.

Mr_Amaziing
04-02-2012, 02:13 PM
And? The Thunder beat Chicago last season with D-Rose as well. That's an insanely irrelevant argument.

This

CudiOnMyiPod
04-02-2012, 02:16 PM

It wasn't that the Mavs were better, it was just they had Chandler, Dirk was playing at a level he will never play again, oh and Gasol was not himself.

Let's add that Fisher intentionally threw the series, Kobe wanted Dallas to win, Bynum refused to win games, etc...

Joshtd1
04-02-2012, 02:40 PM
Harden, come to SA and replace Manu :pray:

Baller1
04-02-2012, 02:52 PM
Harden, come to SA and replace Manu :pray:

No!

adidas2307
04-02-2012, 03:01 PM
Why does the OP shortcut the words "be" and "why"? Is it really that difficult to add a letter or two...?

Anyways, the Thunder are good. Obviously. Let's just watch and enjoy the playoffs decide it all.

Joshtd1
04-02-2012, 03:05 PM
No!

When is he a FA anyway, this year or next?

CTCUBBIES
04-02-2012, 03:06 PM

If the Bulls beat OKC in Chicago without Durant and another starter and tried to claim it was an impressive win I'm sure you would take issue with it.

The games they played last year with everyone healthy are more relevant than the Bulls losing yesterday without Rose and RIP and like you said, they split the home and home. Both teams are good and will struggle to beat the other on the road.

GrandDaddyPurp
04-02-2012, 04:21 PM
It wasn't that the Mavs were better, it was just they had Chandler, Dirk was playing at a level he will never play again, oh and Gasol was not himself.

Let's add that Fisher intentionally threw the series, Kobe wanted Dallas to win, Bynum refused to win games, etc...

What the hell? :laugh2: Nobody is discrediting the Mavs. They were clearly the better team and those were just some reasons.

You might want to take Marcus Thornton off your check list, don't see how you sign a player who isn't a FA.

GrandDaddyPurp
04-02-2012, 04:24 PM
Everything being said is mainly based on speculation. We'll figure out who's right or wrong when the playoffs begin.

celmxc
04-02-2012, 04:50 PM

thats true... the majority of his shots are jump shots ... i don't think the thunder really has a true post up player... maybe perkins however, perkins is not a scoring option

TopsyTurvy
04-02-2012, 04:53 PM
The only thing holding the Thunder back will be their coach.

There's no denying the strength of the team, but there are other organizations in the league who have performed better with less talent.

lakerboy
04-02-2012, 05:10 PM
After watching all these years, its very premature to say they win the championship. Favorites? Yes, for sure. But not even close to a lock to winning.

Do you remember the 2010 Cleveland Cavaliers? Man they went 8-0 in the playoffs.

Cubby
04-02-2012, 07:26 PM

Yeah, last season. Most people know nothing about the Bulls team this season.

Baller1
04-02-2012, 07:34 PM
When is he a FA anyway, this year or next?

He's under contract through the 2013 season, then he's a free agent.

If the Bulls beat OKC in Chicago without Durant and another starter and tried to claim it was an impressive win I'm sure you would take issue with it.

The games they played last year with everyone healthy are more relevant than the Bulls losing yesterday without Rose and RIP and like you said, they split the home and home. Both teams are good and will struggle to beat the other on the road.

Well I'm not denying that Rose being healthy and the game being in Chicago doesn't change anything, but it's still pretty pointless to bring up last season's game (especially considering they split the two, each winning at home).

Blitzbolt
04-02-2012, 08:01 PM
This season has been crazy No practice,Injurys ect ect ect....

The thunder are young and are build for this type of a season.

Longhornfan1234
04-02-2012, 09:23 PM
The Thunder will win it all this year. LeBron cant do it by himself. Westbrook and Harden are more superior than Wade and Bosh.

StickyGreenFan
04-02-2012, 09:28 PM
This season has been crazy No practice,Injurys ect ect ect....

The thunder are young and are build for this type of a season.

thats a valid point, san antonio too. havin a system theyre familiar with and young talent to keep in rotation is helpin keep duncan, parker, manu fresh

kdspurman
04-02-2012, 09:36 PM
thats a valid point, san antonio too. havin a system theyre familiar with and young talent to keep in rotation is helpin keep duncan, parker, manu fresh

Amazing they've only played in like 17 games together this season.

kdspurman
04-02-2012, 09:38 PM
The Thunder will win it all this year. LeBron cant do it by himself. Westbrook and Harden are more superior than Wade and Bosh.

:confused:

Sactown
04-02-2012, 09:48 PM
Kings beat them llol

justinnum1
04-02-2012, 10:57 PM
grizz and spurs can both beat them in the playoffs imo

Baller1
04-02-2012, 11:01 PM

Can't say I disagree.

tredigs
04-02-2012, 11:03 PM

It's tough finding a west team that can't beat another in the playoffs right now. Thunder MAY be the favorites in the West, but I'd still wouldn't pit their Finals chances any higher than 30% against the field.

In the East I'd give the Heat 55%, Bulls 20%, Celtics 15%, Magic 9%. Roughly 1% for the rest.

justinnum1
04-02-2012, 11:17 PM
the west might be like last year, whichever team gets hot at the right time

i can see spurs, thunder, lakers, grizz all making it out of the west

okc-30% spurs-20% grizz 20% lakers-20% some mystery team like clippers or dallas 10%

Cubby
04-03-2012, 12:03 AM
I think a random team will come out, but my gut tells me that the Spurs make it.

Crackadalic
04-03-2012, 12:09 AM
Its good. IDK about insanely impressive. Teams turn it up more come playoff time. Wouldnt be surprise if some random team like Houston comes out of the West

JJ_JKidd
04-03-2012, 12:09 AM
I really love these kind of conversations. I remember, OKC at this point of the season, that they were saying stuff like championship blah blah only for them to fall against the Mavs. Lol

ITS TOO FKCIN EARLY FOR CHRISAKE!!!!!!!!!!! :facepalm:

justinnum1
04-03-2012, 12:12 AM
Its good. IDK about insanely impressive. Teams turn it up more come playoff time. Wouldnt be surprise if some random team like Houston comes out of the West

lol, i think its safe to say houston will not be coming out of the west

a surprising team would be the clippers

Crackadalic
04-03-2012, 12:21 AM

Lol you never know it is the NBA where Amazing happens :D

justinnum1
04-03-2012, 12:28 AM
very true, bur we are talking 7 game series. but im fairly confident houston will not come out the west lol

Cubby
04-03-2012, 12:34 AM
I think Memphis could be the surprise team. :shrug:

JJ_JKidd
04-03-2012, 12:37 AM
I think Memphis could be the surprise team. :shrug:

If they can somehow get it together just like they did last year, then they might run DEEP.

Baller1
04-03-2012, 12:56 AM

Houston could beat OKC in a seven game series, don't count them out.

TopsyTurvy
04-03-2012, 01:52 AM
Until tonight the Bulls had gone a franchise-record 86 regular-season games without dropping two in a row, second only to Utah's 95-game run in the late 1990s.

That's a bit more impressive than what the Thunder are doing right now... Just a little.

Raph12
04-03-2012, 02:53 AM
It's tough finding a west team that can't beat another in the playoffs right now. Thunder MAY be the favorites in the West, but I'd still wouldn't pit their Finals chances any higher than 30% against the field.

In the East I'd give the Heat 55%, Bulls 20%, Celtics 15%, Magic 9%. Roughly 1% for the rest.

This sounds about right, the playoffs are all about matchups; if a certain team out West, gets all of its favorable matchups, the Finals may not be that big of a stretch... I think the Heat could dominate the East really, unless they fall apart like they have recently, I can't see them losing a 7-game series to anyone in the East. Let's keep in mind, the Bulls beat the Heat 3-0 and the Celts beat the Heat 3-1 last season, they both fell 1-4 to the Heat in the playoffs.

The only team I can see giving them trouble, is a Magic team with the shooters knocking down a lot of 3s. Dwight can dominate the Heat's bigs, so if the shooters can spread the floor enough in 4 of 7 games, they might be able to upset them.

justinnum1
04-03-2012, 01:18 PM
This sounds about right, the playoffs are all about matchups; if a certain team out West, gets all of its favorable matchups, the Finals may not be that big of a stretch... I think the Heat could dominate the East really, unless they fall apart like they have recently, I can't see them losing a 7-game series to anyone in the East. Let's keep in mind, the Bulls beat the Heat 3-0 and the Celts beat the Heat 3-1 last season, they both fell 1-4 to the Heat in the playoffs.

The only team I can see giving them trouble, is a Magic team with the shooters knocking down a lot of 3s. Dwight can dominate the Heat's bigs, so if the shooters can spread the floor enough in 4 of 7 games, they might be able to upset them.

I just dont know about the magic, if the hawks can sweep them, i can see the heat winning that in 4 or 5. Just follow the same plan and let howard avg 40/20 everynight and lock down the perimeter.

king4day
04-03-2012, 02:21 PM
I'd have to agree with the OP to an extent. OKC may be the only team that hasn't had their flaws exposed (if any). Maybe a post scoring presence?
However, the Bulls have been really good without their MVP. When (if) Rose returns, I think they are just as capable of winning it all.
To be fair, OKC beat the Bulls without Rose. Something you should have mentioned.

Miami is in there also but have some work to do.

kdspurman
04-03-2012, 03:04 PM
I'd have to agree with the OP to an extent. OKC may be the only team that hasn't had their flaws exposed (if any). Maybe a post scoring presence?
However, the Bulls have been really good without their MVP. When (if) Rose returns, I think they are just as capable of winning it all.
To be fair, OKC beat the Bulls without Rose. Something you should have mentioned.

Miami is in there also but have some work to do.

I wouldn't say that's entirely true. If teams don't turn the ball over, it makes it tough on them to get out in transition. (Ex: Memphis had 8 last night and OKC struggled to score) I realize Westbrook had an off night, but those happen. And when that happens, it makes it tough on them cause they don't run a ton of plays, so sometimes they get a little stagnant in the half court and it's a lot of ISO's and Jump shots.

That's where the post presence helps to slow the game down, maybe draw a double team/suck the defense in and kick out to the shooters.

DLeeicious
04-03-2012, 03:11 PM
They have been great lately but for the season as a whole they have been less impressive than both Miami and a banged up Bulls team.

OKC Offense/Defense efficiency differential = +7.6
Miami = + 8.8
Chicago = + 8.9

So what's the most impressive? I'd say that the Bulls managed the best differential this season with the most injury problems but I'm just a homer

justinnum1
04-03-2012, 03:19 PM
Of the bulls, heat, and okc...who has had the easiest strength of schedule so far?