PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Bynum: Losing my respect one day at a time; "I don't take part in the huddles"

IGobblethebick
04-01-2012, 07:59 PM
"I don't take part in the huddles." .... "I'm resting,"

Kobe Bryant missed his first 15 shots, and so a reporter asked Bynum what Kobe was like in the huddle during timeouts? "I don't know," Bynum said with his characteristic cavalier attitude. "I don't take part in the huddles." .... "I'm resting," Bynum said. "Getting my Zen on."

-----------------------------------------------------

Brown made a move to say something to Bynum just before the start of the game, but got Bynum's back. Credit the coach with being determined. He tried again, but Bynum walked away. It took three attempts before Brown managed to get a second or two of Bynum's time.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-simers-lakers-20120401,0,1004939,full.column

hes a bit too old to be trying to play cute, this is the 2nd most talented center in the league, one of the most talented players in the league period for his age, and the future face of the lakers franchise, and i guess at this point in his career, his agent, nor his PR man has any desire to tell him that he should keep certain things to himself

idk who says dumber things, him,mcgee,cousins, or lebron :facepalm:

Bruno
04-01-2012, 08:13 PM
if mike brown was your coach, would you pay attention in the huddles? have you ever heard audio footage of mike brown in a huddle?

ManRam
04-01-2012, 08:19 PM
It's not really shocking that he's a bit immature, aloof, weird, etc. He's never really been a leader or a strong and positive personality...

blastmasta26
04-01-2012, 08:23 PM
"Getting my Zen on" :laugh2:

If this was someone else, I might've taken this a a subliminal jab to Brown and praise of Phil. But with Bynum, it means nothing more than just him being himself.

JLynn943
04-01-2012, 08:25 PM
I haven't respected him since the hit on Barea :shrug:

Hawkeye15
04-01-2012, 08:25 PM
Bynum has #1 talent, but a #3 brain. Besides, has anyone actually seen Brown in a huddle? Its like a child on an etcha-sketch (however the hell you spell it), and he is talking cling-on or something.

MJ-BULLS
04-01-2012, 08:29 PM
Not really a good thing to say. its stuff like this that can break up a team's chemistry.

h2r09
04-01-2012, 08:30 PM
mike brown cant possibly get another head coaching job after this, can he?

ThunderousDemon
04-01-2012, 08:31 PM
Not really a good thing to say. its stuff like this that can break up a team's chemistry.

lol have watched any laker games lately, our team is in shambles.

Cfrey
04-01-2012, 08:31 PM
bynum is an idiot.

no respect for him.. its pathetic that kids come into the league expecting to have everything handed to them.. play the damn game with some integrity.. show some respect and be professional

what a joke

ThunderousDemon
04-01-2012, 08:32 PM
It all comes down to Bynum wanting to be the man of the team and not be third behind Kobe and Gasol. Mike Brown is also an idiot, so who's going to follow and idiot.

MJ-BULLS
04-01-2012, 08:33 PM
lol have watched any laker games lately, our team is in shambles.

I have watched a couple of games. I know they haven't been as good This year as last year. but it does seem like the team is struggling to play as a team. I don't like coach Mike Brown.

DaLakerz Rulz
04-01-2012, 08:34 PM
Bynum is just frustrated with an idiotic coach and a stubborn chucker on the team. I don't think the dude is going to stay in LA when his contract is up.

ThunderousDemon
04-01-2012, 08:36 PM
I have watched a couple of games. I know they haven't been as good This year as last year. but it does seem like the team is struggling to play as a team. I don't like coach Mike Brown.

His rotations are maddening, he has the garbage that is Blake and sessions together on floor at the same time yesterday against the Hornets. When he did that I stopped watching for a bit, I couldn't take it anymore. :mad:

ManRam
04-01-2012, 08:36 PM
The Mike Brown scapegoat thing is becoming a foolish cop-out.

I don't care how bad he's doing, it's not an excuse to act like a 5 year old and let your emotions get in the way of winning games. Mike Brown may be causing problems or whatever, but at least he's doing what he can to win 100% of the time...and isn't being a baby and making comments to the media that a 6th grader would be envious of.

He's a professional, act like it. If you hate the coach, keep it in house. If you hate the coach, play hard anyways and do your job. Chain of command...

CHANGO
04-01-2012, 08:37 PM
I don't care if the coach is a Dumbass but he have to respect him and try to do the best for the team's sake. He's just being immature... PERIOD.

What a shame...

Hawkeye15
04-01-2012, 08:38 PM
Are LeBron haters starting to back off him not winning in Cleveland? When you see what Mike Brown can do on the sidelines?

tr3ymill3r
I think a better question is, even with their immaturity who would you still want on your team?

ThunderousDemon
Bynum is just frustrated with an idiotic coach and a stubborn chucker on the team. I don't think the dude is going to stay in LA when his contract is up.

I think that's what's probably going to happen because he wants to be the man of a team and as long as MR. 25 shots per game is still on the team, it ain't going to happen.

CHANGO

I don't care how bad he's doing, it's not an excuse to act like a 5 year old and let your emotions get in the way of winning games. Mike Brown may be causing problems or whatever, but at least he's doing what he can to win 100% of the time...and isn't being a baby and making comments to the media that a 6th grader would be envious of.

He's a professional, act like it. If you hate the coach, keep it in house. If you hate the coach, play hard anyways and do your job. Chain of command...

Haha, you stole my thought. :eyebrow:

LOL

ThunderousDemon
04-01-2012, 08:39 PM
I don't care if the coach is a Dumbass but he have to respect him and try to do the best for the team's sake. He's just being immature... PERIOD.

What a shame...

Mike Brown isn't even doing what's best for the team. The guy plays favorites with his two pets Blake and Murphy.

MJ-BULLS
04-01-2012, 08:43 PM
His rotations are maddening, he has the garbage that is Blake and sessions together on floor at the same time yesterday against the Hornets. When he did that I stopped watching for a bit, I couldn't take it anymore. :mad:

I know how it feels man, VDN used to do the same thing. Awful lineups.

ThunderousDemon
04-01-2012, 08:43 PM

I'm not defending bynum by any means but if Mike Brown was doing all he could to win then he wouldn't let Blake and Murphy play and he would fix his rotations.

Bruno
04-01-2012, 08:46 PM
no one critical of bynums response is noting the qualitative difference between paying attention in huddles, and taking part in the huddle. he said he's not taking part. just because he's not vocal, doesn't mean he's not paying attention. I've watched every game, he's more often than not paying attention w/ the team. this is being over blown.

DaLakerz Rulz
04-01-2012, 08:46 PM

He's a professional, act like it.

How has Bynum really come in the way of winning games? The only thing I can really point to is that his defense has taken a bit of a hit compared to earlier in the season. But in general the team defense has been bad lately, its not all on Bynum. Other than that, he is the absolute LAST problem on the Lakers team. Talk about immature, look at Kobe - been in the league for so long yet is not willing to ease up on the scoring and shot attempts when there are clearly better options (and he also doesn't take part in huddles, I have seen him sitting on the bench by himself all the time).

This whole Bynum thing has gotten blown way out of proportion just because he took one stupid three point shot. I have watched several of Bynum's interviews over the years and rarely has he said anything controversial. It is his first year coming into his own and dominating for a long stretch, and Bynum just needs some time to learn how to deal with it. He is young and has made a few unnecessary comments in the media, but it's nothing compared to Shaq/Kobe back in the day.

ghettosean
04-01-2012, 08:53 PM
I had to vote Bynum after reading this.... I just had no choice!

ghettosean
04-01-2012, 08:55 PM
Are LeBron haters starting to back off him not winning in Cleveland? When you see what Mike Brown can do on the sidelines?
If he makes a difference with the heat I might take your side on that but as of now he had a better regular season records with the cavs than he does in Miami and well Brown is dealing with a bunch of renegades right now in Kobe and Bynum. On top of that he has had to teach them an entirely different system than they are used to in a super crunched amount of time because of the lockout and the compressed game schedule. I won't hate on Brown that much for this considering the circumstances.

shep33
04-01-2012, 09:00 PM
I don't think anybody takes part in Mike Brown's huddles

drew_ellis_23
04-01-2012, 09:05 PM
Lakers need Nate McMillan.

looka09
04-01-2012, 09:05 PM
Whos DMC?

DaLakerz Rulz
04-01-2012, 09:07 PM
Whos DMC?

Cousins...

Cfrey
04-01-2012, 09:07 PM
lebron made browns career lmao

metsbulls1025
04-01-2012, 09:08 PM
Bynum has #1 talent, but a #3 brain. Besides, has anyone actually seen Brown in a huddle? Its like a child on an etcha-sketch (however the hell you spell it), and he is talking cling-on or something.

But does that make it OK to do that?

ghettosean
04-01-2012, 09:08 PM
I don't think anybody takes part in Mike Brown's huddles:laugh2:

John Walls Era
04-01-2012, 09:09 PM
Ummm you don't listen to inferior coaches. Bynum is the man, he doesn't take **** from Mike Brown.

CityofTreez
04-01-2012, 09:10 PM
I love how Bynum just singles out Mike Brown.

I'm not condoning Mike Brown as good coach, but it works both ways. If you aren't even trying to be apart of the team, then what does that make you?

What is it Bynum, you can only thrive under Phil Jackson? That's what I get from this year.

IGobblethebick
04-01-2012, 09:19 PM
I love how Bynum just singles out Mike Brown.

I'm not condoning Mike Brown as good coach, but it works both ways. If you aren't even trying to be apart of the team, then what does that make you?

What is it Bynum, you can only thrive under Phil Jackson? That's what I get from this year.

because he isnt averaging career highs of 17 and 12 :facepalm:

ghettosean
04-01-2012, 09:21 PM
i love how bynum just singles out mike brown.

i'm not condoning mike brown as good coach, but it works both ways. If you aren't even trying to be apart of the team, then what does that make you?

what is it bynum, you can only thrive under phil jackson? That's what i get from this year.

+ 1,000,000

beasted86
04-01-2012, 09:28 PM
If Bynum actually had a strong work ethic and focus he could very well be the best Center in the NBA. Until then, let him get his "Zen on" as the 2nd best Center and 3rd wheel on his own team.

CityofTreez
04-01-2012, 09:31 PM
because he isnt averaging career highs of 17 and 12 :facepalm:

I know that, but Bynum's antics are still a headache (from these reports).

Is that what his career is based upon?
It better be the Triangle, or I am ****ing pissed.

Kings Faithful
04-01-2012, 09:37 PM

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-simers-lakers-20120401,0,1004939,full.column

hes a bit too old to be trying to play cute, this is the 2nd most talented center in the league, one of the most talented players in the league period for his age, and the future face of the lakers franchise, and i guess at this point in his career, his agent, nor his PR man has any desire to tell him that he should keep certain things to himself

Thats funny... I don't remember Cousins saying anything dumb along these lines.

bholly
04-01-2012, 09:42 PM
if mike brown was your coach, would you pay attention in the huddles? have you ever heard audio footage of mike brown in a huddle?

I honestly think this every time I hear just about any NBA coach in the huddle. None of them are ever coaching, they're just spitting platitudes - 'keep fighting, I believe in you guys!' etc. They draw up plays when they need to, but they're so rarely coaching beyond that.

bholly
04-01-2012, 09:43 PM

Pretty funny qualifier.

central2003
04-01-2012, 09:47 PM
Bynum has zero excuses, if you want to be a great center you must show that your a leader. he is just showing signs of weakness. Too bad after kobe retires the lakers are not going to have much success with a diva like bynum. Cousins is showing signs of maturaty and will be a leader for the kings and prob the best center in the NBA by the time he is Bynum's age.

PleaseBeNice
04-01-2012, 10:06 PM

Summed up my thoughts perfectly.

Marlin234
04-01-2012, 10:09 PM
I would feel bad for laker fans. But you guys have had a decade of success. Every team has to go thru b.s at one point

championships
04-01-2012, 10:44 PM
Bynum is pretty immature.

He must feel like he is untouchable.

StickyGreenFan
04-01-2012, 10:47 PM
i used to defend dude, now i feel pretty stupid i did lol hes gettin to be nuthin but a cancer for the team. if he keeps this up throughout playoffs get his *** out of here next season

Raph12
04-01-2012, 11:29 PM
It's obvious that Bynum is trying way too hard to be more like Dwight...

Hulk6
04-01-2012, 11:37 PM
idk why cousins is on this list

It'sMyTime
04-01-2012, 11:42 PM
It's obvious that Bynum is trying way too hard to be more like Dwight...

This, the thing is though I do not know why. Why would he act like Dwight when Dwight is getting mashed by everyone who is in tune to what his actions are. Like seriously, when you have Kobe and Pau as role models, you turn to Dwight. Hell, I am pretty sure some legend helped him with his game, why not turn to them when he has questions/concerns.

Ladies Man
04-01-2012, 11:52 PM
Who knows what goes on in that club house. Does Mike Brown come back next season?

Raps18-19 Champ
04-01-2012, 11:54 PM
Is this a dupe?

pf289
04-02-2012, 12:01 AM
And this is why I have absolutely zero respect for NBA players and their hoodrat mentality

thephoenixson28
04-02-2012, 12:03 AM
Andrew Bynum hurt. Karma is a *****

Raph12
04-02-2012, 12:05 AM
This, the thing is though I do not know why. Why would he act like Dwight when Dwight is getting mashed by everyone who is in tune to what his actions are. Like seriously, when you have Kobe and Pau as role models, you turn to Dwight. Hell, I am pretty sure some legend helped him with his game, why not turn to them when he has questions/concerns.

I was kidding, it was a joke; Bynum is the second best center in the league, Dwight sat out of a huddle in the game against the Knicks, I thought it would be a funny joke... Nobody gets my jokes. :pity:

Iron24th
04-02-2012, 12:40 AM
It's not really shocking that he's a bit immature, aloof, weird, etc. He's never really been a leader or a strong and positive personality...

Dwight isn't too.

Iron24th
04-02-2012, 12:41 AM
idk why cousins is on this list

Cause he says dumb things and acts like he's ********.

The Final Boss
04-02-2012, 01:04 AM

He's actually the most talented Center in the NBA-just not the most athletically gifted. If you take away Howard's athleticism he's A) Kwame Brown B) Flipping burgers and scooping fries next to James-if you take away his athleticism

The Final Boss
04-02-2012, 01:07 AM
I would feel bad for laker fans. But you guys have had a decade of success. Every team has to go thru b.s at one point

Why would you feel bad for Lakers fans for a complete stranger being immature? :confused:

PleaseBeNice
04-02-2012, 01:11 AM
Cause he says dumb things and acts like he's ********.

What has he said?

RaiderLakersA's
04-02-2012, 01:42 AM
I would feel bad for laker fans. But you guys have had a decades of success. Every team has to go thru b.s at one point

Emphatic fix.

I figured this would be a transition year with a new head coach, but this is turning out to be more entertaining than I thought...and despite all of it, we're still in the hunt. It's hard to tell if we're at the beginning of another run of something good (given the right coach, this team could be much better positioned), or at the end of something great. Worth watching either way.

lakersfan01
04-02-2012, 01:56 AM
Lot of people here with Lakers envy :laugh:

Mr_Jones
04-02-2012, 02:01 AM
He's a baby

WaltonSystem
04-02-2012, 02:05 AM
I think absolutely Bynum needs to grow up in some facets of his life but he is nowhere near the stratosphere of JaVale's immaturity. DCuz is just a bit of a headcase but i'd say he is more weird than immature.

kpjets
04-02-2012, 02:36 AM
i love the nba, but, this is the type of **** that piss me off. players act like little *****es and getting coaches fired. it don't matter if brown is a ******, you got to show the coach respect. i don't think he is a good coach, but he knows more about bball than bynum. this happens way too much, mostly with avg. coaches like dantoni, kings coach paul cant spell his last name, and last years Detroit coach. it happened with 2 great coaches 1) Jerry Sloan with overrated not a franchise player Daron 2) larry brown with Stephon Marbury

management need to get some balls and let the coaches discipline players

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-02-2012, 02:47 AM

Cousins asked to be traded:laugh2:

PraiseJesus
04-02-2012, 05:04 AM
Hes joking fools

ghettosean
04-02-2012, 05:14 AM
Well since Bynum rolled his ankle he can repeat his quote now with no backlash ;)

Iron24th
04-02-2012, 05:26 AM
What has he said?

For example:

ďHonestly Iím tired of the kid. I donít know, like really I donít know what his issue is. Iím tired of the kid, honestly. Iím tired of him.Ē

Cousins was then asked about the source of the friction between the two players.

ďI donít know what his issue is,Ē Cousins said. ďBut I can definitely solve it.Ē

LakersLockdwn
04-02-2012, 10:14 AM
if you people had actually watched the interview you would know he was being sarcastic and joking

He115ing
04-02-2012, 10:23 AM
An he is injured again. Ha I called this like 3 weeks ago. What a douche.

IGobblethebick
04-02-2012, 10:51 AM
An he is injured again. Ha I called this like 3 weeks ago. What a douche.

isnt it just an ankle?

thenaj17
04-02-2012, 11:07 AM
How has Bynum really come in the way of winning games? The only thing I can really point to is that his defense has taken a bit of a hit compared to earlier in the season. But in general the team defense has been bad lately, its not all on Bynum. Other than that, he is the absolute LAST problem on the Lakers team. Talk about immature, look at Kobe - been in the league for so long yet is not willing to ease up on the scoring and shot attempts when there are clearly better options (and he also doesn't take part in huddles, I have seen him sitting on the bench by himself all the time).
This whole Bynum thing has gotten blown way out of proportion just because he took one stupid three point shot. I have watched several of Bynum's interviews over the years and rarely has he said anything controversial. It is his first year coming into his own and dominating for a long stretch, and Bynum just needs some time to learn how to deal with it. He is young and has made a few unnecessary comments in the media, but it's nothing compared to Shaq/Kobe back in the day.

Kobe does take part in huddles and usually is the 1 talking in them. Not sure what Laker games you been watching.

It's not just 'one 3 point shot'. He has been bad mouthing the team over and over again, disrespecting his coach, he got 2 T's and was ejected from a game when there was NO need to argue and also gets lazy and cocky when we build up leads. He strolls back in transistion most of the time and is visibly arrogant during games when he makes a couple shots. I can understand him getting frustrated with Kobe jacking up shots but he still needs to do what he is paid a LOAD of money to do without the extra attitude.

DaLakerz Rulz
04-02-2012, 12:34 PM

Kobe does take part in huddles and usually is the 1 talking in them. Not sure what Laker games you been watching.

It's not just 'one 3 point shot'. He has been bad mouthing the team over and over again, disrespecting his coach, he got 2 T's and was ejected from a game when there was NO need to argue and also gets lazy and cocky when we build up leads. He strolls back in transistion most of the time and is visibly arrogant during games when he makes a couple shots. I can understand him getting frustrated with Kobe jacking up shots but he still needs to do what he is paid a LOAD of money to do without the extra attitude.

I watch pretty much every game and there have been several occasions when Kobe is in the back not in the huddle. This usually happens when he is pissed off for one reason or the other. I didn't mean that he is never in huddles. I was just giving some perspective on how ridiculous this whole situation is. By one three point shot, I meant that people are now scrutinizing every little thing he does. I admitted his defense has been bad...but so has everyones on the Lakers. Also why are you bringing up Ts? Do you know who on the Lakers routinely leads the league in Ts?

The only reason anyone should really lose respect for Bynum is those 2 cheapshot fouls he had. All this other stuff is BS that you guys are just trying to pick at hairs here. Like I said - he should be our last worry on this team. If anything we should be discussing how bad Mike Brown, Kobe, and the bench have been this year.