PDA

View Full Version : MJ to sell Bobcats???

ichitownclowni
03-31-2012, 11:34 PM
Michael Jordan May Sell Bobcats
March 31 at 4:10pm CST By Chuck Myron
Michael Jordan intends to sell the Bobcats if the team doesn't improve in the standings and make a profit in the next three or four years, Mitch Lawrence of the New York Daily News reports. Lawrence also says Rod Higgins, the team's president of basketball operations, is on the outs, with GM Rich Cho taking more responsibility.

This represents a change of plans for Jordan, who has been seeking someone to buy half the team for several months, according to the report. Lawrence notes the Bobcats lost $20MM last year, and are again losing money as they struggle through a 7-42 campaign. Jordan has told Cho to rebuild and "follow the Oklahoma City model," the report states.

Jordan invested $275MM to become majority owner of the Bobcats a little more than two years ago. The franchise made the playoffs for the first time that spring, but the team failed to keep its cornerstones together. The Bobcats failed to sign Raymond Felton and Tyson Chandler in free agency during the summer, and traded away Gerald Wallace and Stephen Jackson last year.

Cho spent last season as the Blazers' GM, but was let go after only one season. The Bobcats quickly snapped him up and promoted Higgins, who had held the GM title since 2007.

Can you blame him?

EDIT:link
http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2012/03/jordan-may-sell-bobcats.html

black1605
03-31-2012, 11:40 PM
Can you link that please?

waveycrockett
03-31-2012, 11:40 PM
And whose fault is it that they suck??????

black1605
03-31-2012, 11:42 PM
Yours.

sunsfan88
03-31-2012, 11:44 PM
If Jordan actually opened up and started spending $$ then maybe they wouldn't be so bad.

There was article recently which stated that Jordan just hangs around the Bobcats locker room annoying the crap out of the Bobcats players by telling them stories of what he did when he was in the league.

waveycrockett
03-31-2012, 11:44 PM
Yours.

Glad i'm doing something right then

homestarunner93
03-31-2012, 11:45 PM
And whose fault is it that they suck??????

Larry Brown and Rod Higgins. Contrary to what you and most other people believe, Jordan is not the GM and does not make the personnel moves. He's a voice in the room, and signs off on decisions, but does not necessarily make the moves.

That being said, I doubt he sells the team. I totally agree with dumping Higgins and giving Rich Cho more responsibility. Cho is a much brighter basketball mind.

ichitownclowni
03-31-2012, 11:46 PM
Link is in their

AI
03-31-2012, 11:47 PM
Build through the draft MJ. Kemba was a nice start, now keep adding pieces to the puzzle.

justinnum1
03-31-2012, 11:48 PM
get davis this year and i think things will start changing

homestarunner93
03-31-2012, 11:49 PM
Build through the draft MJ. Kemba was a nice start, now keep adding pieces to the puzzle.

No he wasn't, but Bismack was.

black1605
03-31-2012, 11:49 PM
Anthony Davis this year.

Shabazz Muhammad next year.

Problem solved.

Kemba
Henderson
Shabazz
Davis
Bismack

Raph12
03-31-2012, 11:50 PM
I'd laugh if he sold it, they got Anthony Davis and he turned tha franchise around... Jordan would feel so stupid lol.

homestarunner93
03-31-2012, 11:51 PM
Anthony Davis this year.

Problem solved.

Kemba
Henderson
Shabazz
Davis
Bismack

Still needs a starting PG though.

theheatles
03-31-2012, 11:51 PM
Jordan needs to sell his share of the team to pay off some more gambling debts, he don't want either of his boys winding up like his father

MJ-BULLS
03-31-2012, 11:59 PM
I don't blame him. I like to see him come back to the Bulls in a minor role like Scottie Pippen is right now with the Bulls. but I doubt it.

JordansBulls
04-01-2012, 01:05 AM
He should had just held out for the Bulls instead.

BKLYNpigeon
04-01-2012, 01:16 AM
MJ should buy a MLB team since he loved Baseball so much.

Slug3
04-01-2012, 01:23 AM
Can't improve a team when you are always trading away decent an good players for nothing.

homestarunner93
04-01-2012, 01:33 AM
Can't improve a team when you are always trading away decent an good players for nothing.

Please, elaborate on what good players were traded for nothing, and how often that happens. I would love to hear it.

jrm2054
04-01-2012, 01:58 AM
it says in 3 or 4 years not right now if they suck for 6 years yeah sell them

NYKalltheway
04-01-2012, 02:09 AM
If Jordan actually opened up and started spending $$ then maybe they wouldn't be so bad.

there's a salary cap that restricts owners from being able to spend more money than allowed

J4KOP99
04-01-2012, 02:16 AM
Jordan needs to sell his share of the team to pay off some more gambling debts, he don't want either of his boys winding up like his father

"Cold Bloodedddd"- Dave Chappelle as Rick James

ironman9518
04-01-2012, 02:20 AM
One mans trash is another mans treasure I guess?

Sinestro
04-01-2012, 02:38 AM
I don't blame him. I like to see him come back to the Bulls in a minor role like Scottie Pippen is right now with the Bulls. but I doubt it.

This I'd love to have him back

PraiseJesus
04-01-2012, 02:39 AM
Bobcats are the worst NBA team I have ever seen

Shareeb_omac2
04-01-2012, 02:55 AM
Please, elaborate on what good players were traded for nothing, and how often that happens. I would love to hear it.

Tyson Chandler off the top of my mind.

Fresno
04-01-2012, 03:07 AM

Now I can agree that trade made no sense.

5ass
04-01-2012, 03:45 AM
Anthony Davis this year.

Problem solved.

Kemba
Henderson
Shabazz
Davis
Bismack
This, plus your sig is hilarious. Love Kenny Powers. MJ just needs to give it time, with good drafting it will work out well.

JEDean89
04-01-2012, 03:56 AM
anthony davis or drummond would be really nice for the bobcats, they're going to get a good player out of this draft.

effen5
04-01-2012, 04:11 AM
Damn he bought the Bobcats for only 275 mil? I could have bought that team if I won the mega mil.....and whats crazy is Jordan's house in Chicago is worth 10 percent of what the Bobcats is worth....lmao

BlinkManJan02
04-01-2012, 04:24 AM

There was article recently which stated that Jordan just hangs around the Bobcats locker room annoying the crap out of the Bobcats players by telling them stories of what he did when he was in the league.

lmaoooo really?!? haha that stuff was on the onion, I love that thing.

xk4
04-01-2012, 04:25 AM
If the Bobcats get the #1 pick next year, they need to change the team colors. Maybe a new logo

Something about the soft-blue and white pinstripe scheme is so hilariously non-threatening

blastmasta26
04-01-2012, 09:42 AM
If the Bobcats get the #1 pick next year, they need to change the team colors. Maybe a new logo

Something about the soft-blue and white pinstripe scheme is so hilariously non-threatening

Plus a name like "Bobcats" just screams docility. New name, logo, color scheme, and a new FO could help change things there.

homestarunner93
04-01-2012, 11:08 AM

Now I can agree that trade made no sense.

Why don't you look at the way Tyson Chandler played in Charlotte. He was a worthless, unmotivated, whiny piece of of ****. Nazr Mohammed outplayed him. And before you say he was playing on a terrible team (as if that is a reason to play bad anyways), he really wasn't. The Bobcats made the playoffs that year.

VCaintdead17
04-01-2012, 11:47 AM
Getting Davis will be a good start for them. Him and Bismack will be nasty together.

Their guards suck though. They need to get rid of all of them.

ichitownclowni
04-01-2012, 01:15 PM
Kemba sucks?

rufo4100
04-01-2012, 01:29 PM
Im sure he doesnt enjoy losing 20 million a year.

VCaintdead17
04-01-2012, 02:19 PM
Kemba sucks?

Lol yes

homestarunner93
04-01-2012, 04:25 PM
Getting Davis will be a good start for them. Him and Bismack will be nasty together.

Their guards suck though. They need to get rid of all of them.

Gerald Henderson does not suck.

homestarunner93
04-01-2012, 04:26 PM
"I was disturbed to hear the false report that I intend to sell my majority interest in the Charlotte Bobcats. I am 100% committed to building the Bobcats into a contender and have no plans to sell the team."

-Jordan's comments via Rick Bonnell

CavFanat!c
04-01-2012, 04:38 PM
"' follow the Oklahoma City model.'"

Much easier said than done. OKC had EVERYTHING go right for them, and it still took them five years to be truly considered a contender. If he's giving them a 3-4 year timeline, then MJ might as well put the team up for sale now and save himself some money while he can.

VCaintdead17
04-01-2012, 05:01 PM
Gerald Henderson does not suck.

He kinda does, though. He's inefficient as ****, and doesn't play any defense. Just doesn't bring much to the table besides athleticism.

ne3xchamps
04-01-2012, 05:02 PM
nope, can't blame him at all. Try to cash out while you can.

The goods
04-01-2012, 05:25 PM
You have be smart with what you do,build through the draft OKC style and you'll be alright.

homestarunner93
04-01-2012, 05:50 PM
He kinda does, though. He's inefficient as ****, and doesn't play any defense. Just doesn't bring much to the table besides athleticism.

Doesn't play any defense? I'm not sure how you figure that one. He's a pretty good defender. He's not as much inefficient as he is inconsistent, but that should be expected of someone who is basically forced into being a #1 option when he's more like a #3 or #4 option talent at best. Of course, I doubt you've actually watched him play at all this year, more like you just went to basketball-reference.com and looked up his metrics.

VCaintdead17
04-01-2012, 05:57 PM
Doesn't play any defense? I'm not sure how you figure that one. He's a pretty good defender. He's not as much inefficient as he is inconsistent, but that should be expected of someone who is basically forced into being a #1 option when he's more like a #3 or #4 option talent at best. Of course, I doubt you've actually watched him play at all this year, more like you just went to basketball-reference.com and looked up his metrics.

It's kind of rude to make silly assumptions like that. I've actually watched the Bobcats 4 or 5 times this year. I've seen him play, and to be honest he's nothing special. Forces a lot of shots, and there is nothing attention grabbing about his defense. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt since you watch them more than I do and I respect your opinion. But, yeah, to assume I just look at stats and stats only is completely uncalled for.

homestarunner93
04-01-2012, 06:02 PM
It's kind of rude to make silly assumptions like that. I've actually watched the Bobcats 4 or 5 times this year. I've seen him play, and to be honest he's nothing special. Forces a lot of shots, and there is nothing attention grabbing about his defense. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt since you watch them more than I do and I respect your opinion. But, yeah, to assume I just look at stats and stats only is completely uncalled for.

Not really, given the fact that his metrics line up with what you said. The fact of the matter is, team play as a whole factors into those more than people would like to believe or admit. Corey Maggette has a career low in ORtg, and Bismack Biyombo is only registering a 105 DRtg despite having an amazing defensive year.

VCaintdead17
04-01-2012, 06:08 PM
Not really, given the fact that his metrics line up with what you said. The fact of the matter is, team play as a whole factors into those more than people would like to believe or admit. Corey Maggette has a career low in ORtg, and Bismack Biyombo is only registering a 105 DRtg despite having an amazing defensive year.

Cool. I don't care. From what I've seen, he really doesn't contribute all that much. I tried to credit you since you've seen more of him than me, but, for some reason you want to create more conflict here than there really is.

JasonJohnHorn
04-01-2012, 06:32 PM
Like Jordan told the Wizards owner... if you can't make money owning a basketball team, sell the team.

Jordan doesn't know how to put a winner together. He just doesn't. He's telling his GM to follow the OKC model? Then you need their scouts. Every $#!TTY team "builds through the draft", and a lot of them end up staying in the lottery for years. Look how long it took ATL to get out of the lottery, and then needed the draft AND free agency, and they still aren't contenders. Jordan has over-simplified things and given no real instruction. The OKC model is lose a lot, win the number two pick and get Kevin Durant... without that one pic OKC is nothing, so Jordan is essentially telling his GM to get lucky. The Bucks have been building through the draft for DECADES!!!! and look where they are.

And on top of the OKC still hasn't won anything! That's like telling your GM: Hey, you know that team that lost in the conference finals... build a team like that. WTF?!?!! A team that couldnt get it done? Shouldnt they be following a the model of a franchise that has won multiple titles, like the Spurs. Suck for a year, win the lottery for a draft with a franchise player in it, draft a great player, and build through the draft with late first round and second round picks by picking up European players...

Here is how you build a team. Through the draft, through trades, and through free agencies, and that is how EVERY team does it, and only one will win each year. Jordan's advice to his GM is idiocy!

Hellcrooner
04-01-2012, 08:08 PM
Hey mikey want the bobcats to win money?

its in your hands.

Play that stunt again!!!

MJ is bigger than life and can average 20+ a game at age 50!!!!!!!

there is enough stupid people out there to go pay to watch that thing.
No matter how badly the teams record would suffer.

justinnum1
04-03-2012, 01:17 PM
If bobcats dont get davis, i can see that really pissing jordan off