PDA

View Full Version : What did you think of Kobe's game vs New Orleans???

Ty Fast
03-31-2012, 11:01 PM
He started 0-15 which was the worst of his career. Never got his 1st field goal until mid way through the 3rd. Started 3-20 and then down by 2 he nails the game winning 3. What confidence he has in him self. What do you think?

Baller1
03-31-2012, 11:02 PM
I think he was ****.

justinnum1
03-31-2012, 11:03 PM
^this

Hawkeye15
03-31-2012, 11:03 PM
same thing I have all year. Kobe will have Laker fans turn on him eventually, because he refuses to change his game to match his talent level. He is the reason I don't think the Lakers are contenders. He will not set aside his pride for the better of his team.

Cal827
03-31-2012, 11:07 PM
This game is going to start another duel between Naps and the Kobe Lovers on this site :D

But honestly, as mentioned by Hawkeye, he's gotta give up the ball when his shot isn't sinking.

It's appalling that Andrew Bynum only took 10 shots in this game (ended with 19 total points). Gasol also had a great game (21-11). Had they focused on the inside game, this game would have been how it should have been knowing that NO had starters missing- an easy victory. It's a damn shame that Mike Brown doesn't have the balls to bench him. I'm sorry but if a player is 0-15 going into the 4th, I probably give him a nice seat from the skydeck, let alone the bench :facepalm:.... clutch as hell final shot though

justinnum1
03-31-2012, 11:08 PM
kobe should not have as many shots as bynum and gasol combined

Hustlenomics
03-31-2012, 11:09 PM
not bad for a top 7 player

Sactown
03-31-2012, 11:13 PM
same thing I have all year. Kobe will have Laker fans turn on him eventually, because he refuses to change his game to match his talent level. He is the reason I don't think the Lakers are contenders. He will not set aside his pride for the better of his team.

That and the players are laugh at the coaching staff, Andrew Bynum is proving to be more immature than DeMarcus :speechless:. Metta is more interested in a comedy routine than making a jump shot. They traded away there more prominent locker room presence for what? cap space? they have practically no depth, and the only two players who are serious about winning a championship and not picking up a paycheck are Pau and Kobe. The Lakers have issues

J4KOP99
03-31-2012, 11:14 PM

As a lontime Lakers fan (way before Kobe showed up) I completely agree with this statement. I couldn't have stated it any better.

He is the most hard-headed SOB I have ever seen play the game. Adaptation is a foreign term to Mr. Bryant... one that he has no desire to learn about.

He is definitely still motivated, but not solely for that 6th ring... he's got his eyes set on KAJ

waveycrockett
03-31-2012, 11:30 PM
It's a sign he is a declining player who still thinks he is the best in the game. You get nights like this.

Becks2307
03-31-2012, 11:41 PM
I think we are gonna see this for the rest of his career

sunsfan88
03-31-2012, 11:47 PM
If a player takes 21 shots, he's bound to hit some of them. In Kobe's case it just happened to be when the game was on the line.

Meatmypet
03-31-2012, 11:54 PM
If a player takes 21 shots, he's bound to hit some of them. In Kobe's case it just happened to be when the game was on the line.

Tell that to Lebron lol. How many times have he tried a game winning shot in the finals seconds and actually made it? I can probably count it all with one hand in the span of his 8 years in the league.

stawka
04-01-2012, 12:00 AM
"BuH He HiT Da GaYM WiNNuH BRo, He iZ Da G.o.a.T BRoZ!!"

Pass the ****ing ball to your big's, and win the ****ing game with honor while, rather than go for a ****ing scoring title or climbing up the all-time scoring list

stawka
04-01-2012, 12:02 AM
Tell that to Lebron lol. How many times have he tried a game winning shot in the finals seconds and actually made it? I can probably count it all with one hand in the span of his 8 years in the league.

And how many has Kobe missed in his perfect career? How many times has Kobe been forced to take a game-winning shot because his team is down (more specifically, the last two seasons where he has shot his team OUT of the game), putting the team in that situation anyway

celmxc
04-01-2012, 12:02 AM
It was a wierd game because the hornets beat themselves by missng easy shots down the stretch ... So yeah kobe is more clutch than the. Hornets lol ... Also isnt there a stat of kobe high fg % in the last minutes of a game?? i forget ...

sunsfan88
04-01-2012, 12:03 AM

LeBron plays like a GREAT player for an entire game until the last minute or so when he plays like crap.

Kobe plays like crap for an entire game until the last minute or so when he plays GREAT.

Lakeshow24KB
04-01-2012, 12:11 AM
LeBron plays like a GREAT player for an entire game until the last minute or so when he plays like crap.

Kobe plays like crap for an entire game until the last minute or so when he plays GREAT.

Most games he's played like crap in the end as well.

Sportfan
04-01-2012, 12:16 AM
***** wasn't shooting in the gym

championships
04-01-2012, 12:18 AM
He is completely out of gas. The oldest star yet has played the most minutes out of anyone.

Sactown
04-01-2012, 12:23 AM
It was a wierd game because the hornets beat themselves by missng easy shots down the stretch ... So yeah kobe is more clutch than the. Hornets lol ... Also isnt there a stat of kobe high fg % in the last minutes of a game?? i forget ...

Kobe has an outstanding FG% from under 5 seconds, but between 24 seconds and 3 minutes he seems more likely to shoot you out of the game rather than IN....

Supa
04-01-2012, 12:44 AM
Terrible shooting, but gutsy to the end.

---

tredigs
04-01-2012, 12:55 AM
Kobe has an outstanding FG% from under 5 seconds, but between 24 seconds and 3 minutes he seems more likely to shoot you out of the game rather than IN....

4/11 (after tonight's make) with 5 seconds or less. So about 38%.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/plus/shot_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=&match=single&year_id=2012&is_playoffs=N&team_id=&opp_id=&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&shot_pts=&is_make=&shot_type=&shot_distance_min=&shot_distance_max=&q4=Y&q5=Y&time_remain_minutes=0&time_remain_seconds=5&time_remain_comp=le&margin_min=-5&margin_max=5&c1stat=&c1comp=ge&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=ge&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=ge&c3val=&order_by=fg

39/117 with 3 minutes to go in the 4th or OT. So 33% there. Worst FG% in the NBA for all players with at least 20 attempts in that span other than Brandon Jennings.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/plus/shot_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=&match=single&year_id=2012&is_playoffs=N&team_id=&opp_id=&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&shot_pts=&is_make=&shot_type=&shot_distance_min=&shot_distance_max=&q4=Y&q5=Y&time_remain_minutes=3&time_remain_seconds=0&time_remain_comp=le&margin_min=&margin_max=&c1stat=&c1comp=ge&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=ge&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=ge&c3val=&order_by=fg

Kobe's become a bonafide chucker who has no reason to be a chucker. His game was terrible, but lucky for him his teammates are good enough that they kept it close in spite of him. And this time he made the shot. Not much else to say.

naps
04-01-2012, 01:05 AM
He's earned it. He can shoot 0-30 because he's black mamba and because he's got 5 rings. You didn't see the game. Stop trolling on Kobe guys. He had good looks for most of his shots. Earn 5 rings like Kobe then you can shoot as many you want even if that hurts your team.

ThunderousDemon
04-01-2012, 01:06 AM
His game was atrocious, but the whole game was atrocious. I think it might be time for Kobe.

ThunderousDemon
04-01-2012, 01:07 AM
He's earned it. He can shoot 0-30 because he's black mamba and because he's got 5 rings. You didn't see the game. Stop trolling on Kobe guys. He had good looks for most of his shots. Earn 5 rings like Kobe then you can shoot as many you want even if that hurts your team.

:speechless:

tredigs
04-01-2012, 01:11 AM

I didn't watch the game? Hm. News to me.

1-8 from three. Maybe not all such good looks, eh? Considering he's a 28% 3pt shooter and all?

But yes, he can indeed shoot as much as he wants. Mike Brown has shown that to be true; forget the fact that he has the best big combo in the game.

Kobe Time Baby!

I thoroughly enjoy it. I can assure you there is no hate, and as a person who wants the Thunder to go to the finals - I say keep. This. Up.

ThunderousDemon
04-01-2012, 01:15 AM

He's earned it even if it might cost the Lakers some winnable games? You say he can do shoot badly because he has five rings, then he'll never add any more if that's how he's going to be every game. I like Kobe as much as any other Laker fan(except Maybe Crooner), but he needs to start and slow it down a bit, he isn't in his twenties.

naps
04-01-2012, 01:18 AM
He's earned it even if it might cost the Lakers some winnable games? You say he can do shoot badly because he has five rings, then he'll never add any more if that's how he's going to be every game. I like Kobe as much as any other Laker fan(except Maybe Crooner), but he needs to start and slow it down a bit, he isn't in his twenties.

Kobe got 5 rings. Nuff said.

#KobeSystem.

tredigs
04-01-2012, 01:19 AM
PS: Kobe now shooting 41.9% on 1215 attempts. Next closest in attempts is Durant (who has played every game) with 996 attempts (shooting 50.1%). Durant now down .2 tenths in PPG.

Kobe!

JLynn943
04-01-2012, 01:22 AM

:laugh:

tredigs
04-01-2012, 01:23 AM

#KobeSystem.

HAH if you troll me again youuuuu summuma!*($

flclfanman
04-01-2012, 01:26 AM
Nothing relevant. Remember, they barely beat THE HORNETS, a lottery team. Not to mention they were up 14+ on them before Kobe nearly shot them out of the game.

Just because he hits a GW shot in a game that had NO BUSINESS being this close doesn't mean much. :shrug:

Avenged
04-01-2012, 01:32 AM
He hit the game winner... Lakers won!

3rd seed!

oh yeah. :D

ThuglifeJ
04-01-2012, 01:41 AM
I'm going to give him a LOT of balls for pulling up from 3 after going 2-20. So props on that. But still I'm glad I'm not a Laker fan and had to watch him miss 15 shots in a row or I'd punch something.

This makes me wonder sometimes, if VC, Tmac, Duncan, KG, Allen..all elite scorers in their primes (like Kobe) took 20+ shots a game still..or kept shooting after being like 0-15 what would happen.

Am I biased to think that they could still do the same **** Kobe does on nightly basis if they still chucked as much?

UPRock
04-01-2012, 01:54 AM
Well he shot 9 threes in the game, he has to make one at least LOL.

ThunderousDemon
04-01-2012, 02:45 AM

#KobeSystem.

Ok, now I know you're just trolling. :o

shep33
04-01-2012, 02:45 AM
He was craptastic, and I blame Mike Brown for a lot of it. Kobe's shooting has plummeted this month and he just doesn't look like he has his legs. I think he's 2nd in overall minutes played, and 3rd in mpg. Just too many for him.

That being said, Kobe deserves blame too. If your tired, sit out. If your not feeling it, give the ball up.

ThunderousDemon
04-01-2012, 02:46 AM
He was craptastic, and I blame Mike Brown for a lot of it. Kobe's shooting has plummeted this month and he just doesn't look like he has his legs. I think he's 2nd in overall minutes played, and 3rd in mpg. Just too many for him.

That being said, Kobe deserves blame too. If your tired, sit out. If your not feeling it, give the ball up.

How can he he give the the ball up if Blake is just going to pass it back to him like he always does.

Sinestro
04-01-2012, 02:49 AM
This short season is hurting Kobe, feed the bigs my man, feed the bigs

shep33
04-01-2012, 03:01 AM
How can he he give the the ball up if Blake is just going to pass it back to him like he always does.

That's true, but he can at least give it to Pau or Drew when he's struggling

Raph12
04-01-2012, 03:10 AM
Just another day in the life of Kobe Bryant 2012...

BranWingss
04-01-2012, 03:14 AM
I was watching most of this game, and I couldn't believe that stretch. Pau was on fire, and should have gotten the ball more. Kobe really struggled throughout this game, and that should be a big concern for Laker fans.

DenButsu
04-01-2012, 03:18 AM
I think lighting the candle at both ends from the beginning of the season is starting to take its toll. Compare Kobe's dropoff post All-Star break to Duncan's surge. Old men need their rest.

Kevj77
04-01-2012, 03:20 AM
I didn't get to watch the game, but it sounds like the game against the Warriors. Kobe almost shot LA out of the game going 7-22 then he hits two baskets to win the game. The Warriors should never have been in the game though. Bynum and Pau abused the Warriors in the first half.

It wasn't all Kobe's fault Bynum got himself benched for shooting a 3 with 14 seconds on the clock. These guys are playing selfish.

DaLakerz Rulz
04-01-2012, 03:21 AM

I have never liked the way Kobe plays the game, starting from when he entered the league. He has always been stubborn. Some people mistake this for cold-bloodedness and determination. I say if anyone looks at the stats, they will see that more often than not he screws the Lakers over. His problems are not new, they have just been magnified by the compacted schedule this year.

Lakers fans, at least on PSD, have already started to turn on him (check the Lakers forum). Obviously I wish him well as a Lakers player though - he is an amazing athlete. But he is a large part (along with Mike Brown and the bench) of why the Lakers are so inconsistent this year.

Fnom11
04-01-2012, 03:53 AM
Do people still think he's better than Wade? Just curious.

cyph34
04-01-2012, 04:03 AM

Let's just look at it this way. If you traded Wade for Kobe, LA Lakers would be either 1 or 2 in the west. Period. So Wade>Kobe.

MetroMan
04-01-2012, 04:04 AM

kobe is 3 years older. much more milage. more playoff mins. more rings. more everything.

tredigs
04-01-2012, 04:12 AM
kobe is 3 years older. much more milage. more playoff mins. more rings. more everything.

Ooh ooh I wanna play: More shots, more HOF bigs in their prime, more HOF coaching, more Kobe Jaw!

KOBE! - swish-

JJ_JKidd
04-01-2012, 04:17 AM
He started 0-15 which was the worst of his career. Never got his 1st field goal until mid way through the 3rd. Started 3-20 and then down by 2 he nails the game winning 3. What confidence he has in him self. What do you think?

I think that Lebron and Durant is better than him so that yall happy now? :facepalm:

ThunderousDemon
04-01-2012, 04:19 AM
Wade is probably better, but that's understandable considering how old he is and how long he's been in the NBA.

ThunderousDemon
04-01-2012, 04:25 AM
I'd still take Kobe over Wade, though, but that's probably because of this video and because I'm a homer,:p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3xI8qgjuy8&feature=player_embedded

Wheelchair? Come on dude :pity:

shep33
04-01-2012, 04:26 AM
His legs are going with all those mins. Last 10 games he's been averaging 40 mpg. Around 39 mpg this year and he hasn't missed a game this year.

Brown needs to spread his minutes out more. No way he should be playing this much.

tredigs
04-01-2012, 04:32 AM
His legs are going with all those mins. Last 10 games he's been averaging 40 mpg. Around 39 mpg this year and he hasn't missed a game this year.

Brown needs to spread his minutes out more. No way he should be playing this much.

Way too much overkill before the post-season. Honestly I'm CLUELESS as to why they are doing this. It's so counter-intuitive for a guy who's getting up there in years and minutes and has had as many nagging injuries as he's had.

shep33
04-01-2012, 04:36 AM
Let's just look at it this way. If you traded Wade for Kobe, LA Lakers would be either 1 or 2 in the west. Period. So Wade>Kobe.

Meh, I don't think so. LA still has too many holes

shep33
04-01-2012, 04:41 AM
Way too much overkill before the post-season. Honestly I'm CLUELESS as to why they are doing this. It's so counter-intuitive for a guy who's getting up there in years and minutes and has had as many nagging injuries as he's had.

Yeah, it doesn't make any sense to me, or other Laker fans. It's one thing when Kobe is just jacking and taking bad shots, but it's another when he's missing easy shots he typically makes.

Lately he has not been getting to the rim at all either. Mike Brown is an idiot, but we really don't have a backup 2 guard. Brown still has just got to bite the bullet and play someone an extra 5-7 mpg.

I look at Wade who's averaging just over 33 mpg, then Kobe who's closer to 39. Just doesn't make sense. There have been a ton of games where Kobe has played the entire 2nd half this year... under Phil this never happened

AIRMAR72
04-01-2012, 04:58 AM
wade came in league BETTER THAN kobe better IQ for the game better abilty drive to the hoop with speed undercontrol better defensive player, passer and shotmaker better TEAMPLAYER and playmaker

ghettosean
04-01-2012, 05:03 AM

But then he wouldn't win the scoring title.... We all know thats what he wants ;) He will sacrfice anything to get it including wins :pity:

meloman1592
04-01-2012, 05:05 AM
Wade from a career standpoint will never ever ever ever ever be better than Kobe. On the all time list, Kobe will forever be above Wade. But right now, Wade is the best 2 guard in the league

AIRMAR72
04-01-2012, 05:06 AM

look kid kobe is FINISH it has nothing to do with the coach or the offense are is teammates its call tired legs wear and tear for 16yrs=FINISH kobe was never great(NUMBERS and the ball DONT LIE) from start he was at rite place(team) at the rite time and benefited from it all

naps
04-01-2012, 05:43 AM

ldawg
04-01-2012, 08:26 AM
Kobe is stringing the worst set of games i have seen him play. With his decline all the older stars are now very very close to done. Hill, Carter and KG are no longer studs with Duncan,Dirk,Nash and Kobe Still putting up some great games here and there but overall the are now average. Shannon Brown out played Kobe the other night and when you start 0-15 are you still the man? Its not like its one night he has been having many type of games like this as of late. In fact i first notice it in the finals against Boston when Fisher bail them out. Its time For Kobe to shoot the Ball less. The Problem however is Bynum he is not a Winner but thats another topic. As bad as Kobe is Him and Pau are the key.

Swashcuff
04-01-2012, 08:27 AM
Kobe is Kobe and I love him for that. The man is doing what he does best and its remarkable that at this age and given the wear and tear on his body that he's still producing at such a high level. I give the man all the props in the world for doing what he's doing. You never know Kobe may attempt to make a change for the benefit of the team and they'd lose their edge completely.

The game is played for 48 mins and not the last 2 or so but just to have the will grit and confidence that you can still make that shot is an admirable trait in any player.

I understand the POV of some posters like Hawkeye15 and I agree with them to an extent but I don't think Kobe should change his game completely he should go back to the Kobe that took smarter shots and not this jacking version of him.

ldawg
04-01-2012, 08:54 AM
No had they lost the game his fg% with the amount taking would have been a sore thumb. He has been great his career and still put up some great games time to time but its obvious he needs to save his better games for the playoffs and lean on Bynum to get them there. Do for Bynum what Shaq did not do for Him and don't hurt his legacy. Why did Shaq and Fisher had to be traded to take a lesser roles for the better of the team? Kobe is not there yet but he has to find a way to get his percentage up and that may include taking less and stop the one on one take the open shot and pass the others. Then in the Playoffs he can have the energy to be Kobe. As of late i am not sure who is that guy with 24 on their back.

AnthonyTyrael
04-01-2012, 09:06 AM
Honestly what I thought was....

He said some time ago, he will not be around anymore if he's only a guy to score somewhat between 15,16, 17, 18 points a game. Actually he already does. The only reason he's above that is that he's taking still the same amount or even more shots while his shooting goes down further. Sure, that's put way too simple now and not always the case in general but he's getting the worst out of himself since over two months now but still averaging 26-28 points. Kobe has undeniable so much greatness but also so much failure that it's sheer unbelievable to match.

69centers
04-01-2012, 09:12 AM
Umm, he played the Hornets. Does that even count in the standings? :shrug:

blastmasta26
04-01-2012, 09:25 AM
It was an atrocious game, that game winner wouldn't have even been necessary had he played better the entire game. The high amount of minutes is definitely fatiguing him, but he needs to reduce his shot total and try to get Pau and Bynum going more.

raiderposting
04-01-2012, 09:35 AM
look kid kobe is FINISH it has nothing to do with the coach or the offense are is teammates its call tired legs wear and tear for 16yrs=FINISH kobe was never great(NUMBERS and the ball DONT LIE) from start he was at rite place(team) at the rite time and benefited from it all

:facepalm:

BKLYNpigeon
04-01-2012, 09:47 AM
numbers say it all. there's nothing to discuss.

He had an off night. he kept shooting to get going, because thats whats scorers do. He hit the game winning shot, the Lakers win, that is all that matters.

Testaverde16
04-01-2012, 09:48 AM
Umm, he played the Hornets. Does that even count in the standings? :shrug:

I think it does, when the Celtics lost to them earlier this year it counted right?

FraziersKnicks
04-01-2012, 09:51 AM
Awful.. No one should be 0-15 at any point in any game. If he missed that three pointer we would be looking at one of the worst individual performances, by a supposed top 10 player in the NBA, ever.

ne3xchamps
04-01-2012, 09:52 AM
too many miles on those legs. so start the decline of kobe bryant because of his arrogance.

3RDASYSTEM
04-01-2012, 09:55 AM
Not bad game at all for a backup guard turned into all time superstar top 5 ever right? being a mirror image wannabe aint bad at all...and stop with the 'changing his game to match his talent level' **** HAWKEYE, his accomplishments overhyped are a product of being drafted by LAKERLAND and 5titles outside of droppin 81pts and that MVP/35PPG scoring title and that 62 thru 3qts,plus hes a scorer/2guard so all that shooting dont amaze me,its not like hes playing out his element or converting to play PG for betterment of team...

individually he has 2 scoring titles and 1MVP(that was highly debatable) in 16yrs, and took off after having a basically pass his first 4yrs,jus only cuz they went to FINALS after all that 'superior talent' woke up right...or did he develop finally and wasnt backing up VAN EXEL/EDDIE ?

couldnt imagine in a million lifetimes a JORDAN/AI/MAGIC/LEBRON coming in the league and sitting the bench for they first 3-4yrs plus on top of it battling non HOF caliber players for minutes then yrs later those guys would be considered so great or the GOAT's(pure comedy)

This dude picked his team to play because he didnt want to play for HORNETS and jack and chuck and score at will and decided it was better to come off bench and play a PIPPEN like role to WILT(SHAQ) that everybody seemed to forget except for me(couple of 2nd team DEF squads to show it)...wait aint KOBE more like JORDAN or PIPPEN(better scoring version of this guy)accordin to brainwashed masses? then ask ya self this, if SHAQ/KOBE were such a dominant combo/dynasty then why did it take them 2sweeps in 4yrs jus to reach first FINALS with 2 FRANCHISE players and possibly top 3-5 of they era? Because i know for a fact SHAQ was a tru 'FRANCHISE' player and wasnt developing nothing(just struggling at FT's), and last i checked if ya got 2 FRANCHISE type players(especiallly in that weak so called era,especially EAST CONFERENCE) how could ya not at least make FINALS every yr wit the equivalent or better version of MAGIC/ALCINDOR right?

so was KOBE always a tru FRANCHISE player or did he develop into a SUPERSTAR FRANCHISE type like they said on this sports show? SHAQ/AI/LEBRON didnt develop into anything and were tru SUPERSTARS ..they were SUPERSTARS(Bball game wise) in college/highschool and it showed from rookie yr and beyond,not 3-4yrs later in career, from day 1.... it wasnt about them developing but to me i was saying how 'legendary' will they be before they step on hardwood..i never got that feeling from KOBE,.. i always acknowledged he developed into good player ala TOM BRADY...so i understand bettering your game rather it be offensively or defensively, but how can you develop into a FRANCHISE/SUPERSTAR? aint that naturally or is it media motivated as they pick and choose who are SUPERSTAR type? it doesnt come from playing the game?

The funniest thing ever that KB/LAKER fans say is that hes the closest thing to JORDAN and they acknowledge and say he took his game but mastered it so that makes him better or comparable(wat a joke)....see how the ****ed up sports media has screwed the minds of non players ,its been plenty of non mainstream/superstar athletes to say hes a wannabe JORDAN and they play in the NBA ,tru story

He was a frontrunner from day 1 since 96draft, and always had the best frontline except for the period when he went into fullthrottle frontrunner mode post SHAQ pre GASOL era when he wanted KIDD for BYNUM...YOUTUBE it...but hey last time i checked for most part,frontrunners or cheaters usually win it,rather it been seen on surface or not

theheatles
04-01-2012, 10:05 AM
Kobe had such a tebow-esque performance

PhillyFaninLA
04-01-2012, 10:19 AM

If he wasn't 0 - 15 and 3 - 20 he doesn't need a game winner.

He is a selfish arrogant guy (he's shown this many times during his career on and off the court and camera) and he had a bad game. I'm not going to praise any player that has a bad night that creates the need for a game winner to be hit.

Corey
04-01-2012, 10:26 AM
I think it does, when the Celtics lost to them earlier this year it counted right?

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0hsgzJfYh1r8q42do1_400.jpg

lol'd

willabeast77
04-01-2012, 10:57 AM
What is odd is that when he was 0-15, he also didn't have any free-throws at that point. What I don't get, is why didn't he just stop shooting and start attacking the rim. The game would have been an easy win for LA had he stopped shooting and passed the ball more to Bynum and Gasol.

PhillyFaninLA
04-01-2012, 11:32 AM
What is odd is that when he was 0-15, he also didn't have any free-throws at that point. What I don't get, is why didn't he just stop shooting and start attacking the rim. The game would have been an easy win for LA had he stopped shooting and passed the ball more to Bynum and Gasol.

Its not odd...Kobe is a selfish arrogant bad human being in all areas of life. Kobe giving someone else the chance to shine is not in him and why he almost ended up being traded to the Bulls a few years ago, the reason Shaq left preventing the Lakers from possibly matching the 1950's Celtics for titles, and the reason he is now divorced.

What would be odd is I'm not having a good night let me see if one of my teammates has it tonight.

willabeast77
04-01-2012, 11:40 AM
Its not odd...Kobe is a selfish arrogant bad human being in all areas of life. Kobe giving someone else the chance to shine is not in him and why he almost ended up being traded to the Bulls a few years ago, the reason Shaq left preventing the Lakers from possibly matching the 1950's Celtics for titles, and the reason he is now divorced.

What would be odd is I'm not having a good night let me see if one of my teammates has it tonight.

Yes but I'm saying is that even when he wasn't shooting good, he hadn't taken any freethrows. I'm not surprised at his ballhogging but he usually gets more treatment from the refs, even when his shot is not falling.

BSardogan
04-01-2012, 11:50 AM

Wow dude :o Calm damn you seem upset as ****, as if you just found our your girlfriend has her bedroom filled with his posters. Who cares about his personal life and whether or not he couldn't get along with Shaq. Fact is he's a winner. He won the Lakers rings and now he feels like it's his duty to lead his team. Yes you can argue whether or not it's good for them, frankly I don't give a cake whether or not it is because I don't like the Lakers at all.

At the end of the day he's in the position where he CAN, and as long as the Lakers trade all the guys away that could possibly dare telling him not to shoot every single possesion and hire a headcoach that can't even handle his 23 y.o center that hasn't accomplished crap in his career yet, no one's telling Kobe anything. And if they don't you shouldn't be surprised Kobe's gonna do everything he can to score 50 ppg and lead his team to a win, and yes, whenever he has an off-day and he goes 0-15 it's going to hurt them. But how can you possibly expect from a 33 y.o that has won it all and seen it all to suddenly outta nowhere change his game, by his own will, when he's still leading the league in PPG, Lakers are still doing well in the standings and no one has guts to tell him to pass the $%^&ing ball?

Lakers could've seen this coming, they didn't, now they're screwed.

eugene
04-01-2012, 12:09 PM
Dunno, it's time for Kobe to understand he is not a top force anymore. Concentrate on a teamplay and feed your bigs with the ball. But yeah, Kobe never been a team player so being on the end of his career he will not learn...

eugene
04-01-2012, 12:13 PM
Wow dude :o Calm damn you seem upset as ****, as if you just found our your girlfriend has her bedroom filled with his posters. Who cares about his personal life and whether or not he couldn't get along with Shaq. Fact is he's a winner. He won the Lakers rings and now he feels like it's his duty to lead his team. Yes you can argue whether or not it's good for them, frankly I don't give a cake whether or not it is because I don't like the Lakers at all.

At the end of the day he's in the position where he CAN, and as long as the Lakers trade all the guys away that could possibly dare telling him not to shoot every single possesion and hire a headcoach that can't even handle his 23 y.o center that hasn't accomplished crap in his career yet, no one's telling Kobe anything. And if they don't you shouldn't be surprised Kobe's gonna do everything he can to score 50 ppg and lead his team to a win, and yes, whenever he has an off-day and he goes 0-15 it's going to hurt them. But how can you possibly expect from a 33 y.o that has won it all and seen it all to suddenly outta nowhere change his game, by his own will, when he's still leading the league in PPG, Lakers are still doing well in the standings and no one has guts to tell him to pass the $%^&ing ball?

Go check Kobe's FG% and calm down. Most inefficient "superstar" in the league. Better he retire or get used to an idea he is not a first option anymore.

time4change
04-01-2012, 12:29 PM
From the looks at some of your responses on PSD I'm wondering why some of you are on here and not IN the NBA. Guess a great player can't have a bad shooting night, guess a great player can't be in a shooting slump, I guess He really doesn't give a flying **** what any of you think especially when he rises up and hits the game winner.

Say what you about him, but I respect a guy who can play like that all night and then still have the nuts to take the shot with the game on the line. More then I can say for The Bron. Which is why he is still the best in the world.

time4change
04-01-2012, 12:32 PM

Why is this exactly?

PhillyFaninLA
04-01-2012, 12:49 PM

Not upset you are reading the tone you want to be there not the tone that is intended.

PhillyFaninLA
04-01-2012, 12:52 PM

Why is this exactly?

So you stopped reading after what you bolded.

TubbyBucket
04-01-2012, 12:57 PM
Its not odd...Kobe is a selfish arrogant bad human being in all areas of life. Kobe giving someone else the chance to shine is not in him and why he almost ended up being traded to the Bulls a few years ago, the reason Shaq left preventing the Lakers from possibly matching the 1950's Celtics for titles and the reason he is now divorced.

I don't buy that, at all.

PhillyFaninLA
04-01-2012, 12:59 PM
I don't buy that, at all.

Its a bit of a stretch but they where that much better then the league, I doubt it would have actually happened but I wouldn't have been stunned either. But Kobe's ego and insecurity made it so we will never know.

valade16
04-01-2012, 01:14 PM
From the looks at some of your responses on PSD I'm wondering why some of you are on here and not IN the NBA. Guess a great player can't have a bad shooting night, guess a great player can't be in a shooting slump, I guess He really doesn't give a flying **** what any of you think especially when he rises up and hits the game winner.

Say what you about him, but I respect a guy who can play like that all night and then still have the nuts to take the shot with the game on the line. More then I can say for The Bron. Which is why he is still the best in the world.

Shooting slump? It's been all year. At what point does it go from shooting slump to bad shooting year?

And it's ok if he actually were going through a shooting slump, but his shooting slump is self-inflicted with taking so many shots...

DaLakerz Rulz
04-01-2012, 01:21 PM

Best in the world? Is that a joke? The Lakers would be infinetely better with Wade, Lebron, or Durant on the team instead of Kobe. He stopped being the best in the world a long time ago.

Also, you are making it seem like this bad shooting night is a rare occurence. It's not. They have become increasinly more frequent and almost the norm at this point...

shep33
04-01-2012, 01:24 PM
Shooting slump? It's been all year. At what point does it go from shooting slump to bad shooting year?

And it's ok if he actually were going through a shooting slump, but his shooting slump is self-inflicted with taking so many shots...

Not really, the first two months he was at 46%

FraziersKnicks
04-01-2012, 01:35 PM
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0hsgzJfYh1r8q42do1_400.jpg

lol'd

:laugh2:

JayW_1023
04-01-2012, 01:51 PM
I'm just LOL'ing about every little thing Kobe does warranting a huge thread. Lakers are a soap opera, like the Heat en Knicks and frankly it's becoming quite embarrassing.

AIRMAR72
04-01-2012, 02:42 PM
Wade from a career standpoint will never ever ever ever ever be better than Kobe. On the all time list, Kobe will forever be above Wade. But right now, Wade is the best 2 guard in the league
I CAN tell you watch too many ESPN highlights look kobe has better post game but wade WILL is clearly better than kobe he also beated kobe in the skill competition wade is a better defender,passer,shooter,ballhandler,decision maker something KOBE has NEVER been but gets credit for it since he plays for THE lakers

AIRMAR72
04-01-2012, 02:46 PM
Not really, the first two months he was at 46%
I posted sometime ago, wait till after the allstar break now its clear that kobe is FINISH all this blk wamba stuff and blah blah is coming to an end

AIRMAR72
04-01-2012, 02:56 PM
Best in the world? Is that a joke? The Lakers would be infinetely better with Wade, Lebron, or Durant on the team instead of Kobe. He stopped being the best in the world a long time ago.

Also, you are making it seem like this bad shooting night is a rare occurence. It's not. They have become increasinly more frequent and almost the norm at this point...

its good to see a laker fan spitting the truth about tobe.. KOBE HAS ALWAYS BEEN OVERRATED fans are hypnotize by highlights I saw him in flesh the man is all style no substance(poor FG% for his career)

eugene
04-01-2012, 03:12 PM
i'm just lol'ing about every little thing kobe does warranting a huge thread. Lakers are a soap opera, like the heat en knicks and frankly it's becoming quite embarrassing.

this!!!!

basketfan4life
04-01-2012, 03:27 PM
i watched the whole game, alot of the shots weren't tough, hand in his face or something like that shots.

nearly all 18 shots he missed were almost every sg takes and makes on regular basis...

and all 3 shots he made were only Kobe takes and makes on regular basis.

really strange game.

Bruno
04-01-2012, 03:32 PM
Nobody mentioning FG% is mentioning 2,007. The number of minutes he's played as of 4/1. He's leading the league in most minutes played, and is third in minutes per game. But hey, his FG% is only a result of his inability to pass the ball, right neutural fans? Since you guys are so unbiased, you must be right about everything.

DaLakerz Rulz
04-01-2012, 03:58 PM
Nobody mentioning FG% is mentioning 2,007. The number of minutes he's played as of 4/1. He's leading the league in most minutes played, and is third in minutes per game. But hey, his FG% is only a result of his inability to pass the ball, right neutural fans? Since you guys are so unbiased, you must be right about everything.

Fatigue obviously plays a role, but it should not be an excuse. Kobe is taking 21.8 FGA per 36 minutes. That is the second highest rate of HIS WHOLE CAREER. The only higher rate was in 2005-2006, when it was 23.9. Does this make any sense? Why in the world is he attempting shots at a higher rate when given his age, inefficiency, and 2 all-star teammates on his team?

AnthonyTyrael
04-01-2012, 04:21 PM
There's the truth.

Cal827
04-01-2012, 04:30 PM

Well, it looks like a Kobephile had got their hands on Naps' account and is posting as him :laugh:

Blitzbolt
04-01-2012, 05:57 PM
I think it was fix by the NBA.

CudiOnMyiPod
04-01-2012, 06:29 PM
Clutch but he is such a ballhog and it was a god awful game.

CudiOnMyiPod
04-01-2012, 06:41 PM

#KobeSystem.

So does Derek Fisher.

#FisherSystem

FraziersKnicks
04-01-2012, 06:42 PM
So does Derek Fisher.

#FisherSystem

:laugh2:

CudiOnMyiPod
04-01-2012, 06:47 PM

LOL at you giving Kove sympathy.

Dirk had a slump because of fatigue/out of shape and he was blasted and people said he was done.

Why should Kobe get a pass?

SmartestGuyHere
04-01-2012, 07:48 PM
LOL at you giving Kove sympathy.

Dirk had a slump because of fatigue/out of shape and he was blasted and people said he was done.

Why should Kobe get a pass?

Because Kobe is better than Dirk? He has 5 rings to Dirk's one. How can you even compare those two? I know you are a homer and all but are you that oblivious?

sunsfan88
04-01-2012, 08:01 PM
Wow the Lakers needed Kobe to hit a game winner with little time left to beat the last place Hornets who were missing Ariza, Kaman, Gordon, Landry, Okafor?? That too AT STAPLE CENTER?!

Damn I guess Sessions didn't solve all the Laker problems.

kozelkid
04-01-2012, 08:06 PM

I doubt it. Expect Brown to be the scapegoat, which I think is fair to some degree.

As far as Kobe, nothing new. He'll be the reason a very talented team will likely be a 2nd round out (although, I do think their size gives them a MAJOR advantage against SA).

In the end of the day, he's a chucker, and minus the hot start, I saw this decline during this season, coming. He's not a top 10 player in this league anymore. That much I am certain about.

CudiOnMyiPod
04-01-2012, 08:12 PM
Because Kobe is better than Dirk? He has 5 rings to Dirk's one. How can you even compare those two? I know you are a homer and all but are you that oblivious?

Kobe is better than Dirk all time. Not today.

Kobe is a top 10 player today but scoring 28 ppg on 40% shooting in a system where you shoot up to 25-30 times a game isn't that overly impressive.

You are an idiot by using the rings argument... Derek Fisher has 5 rings to LeBron's zero. Fisher>LeBron.

So Kobe is better than Dirk all time means Kobe can go 0-18 and use the fatigue as a pass for it but Dirk can average 18 ppg (which is still good) for 15 games and all of a sudden he is done and can't win anymore?

And LOL at the KobeSystem ********. KobeSystem= shooting 30 times and making less than 40 percent of it.

ManRam
04-01-2012, 08:20 PM
I thought he was awful.

Hawkeye15
04-01-2012, 08:27 PM
I thought he was awful.

kick *** insight :p

ManRam
04-01-2012, 08:28 PM
kick *** insight :p

What else is there to say though? It was horrendous. I don't care if he made the last shot he took...the only reason one of the 3 worst teams in the league was even in that game is because he was a cancer all game long.

Hawkeye15
04-01-2012, 08:29 PM
What else is there to say though? It was horrendous. I don't care if he made the last shot he took...the only reason one of the 3 worst teams in the league was even in that game is because he was a cancer all game long.

meet sarcasm....

Really though, what else is there to say?

ManRam
04-01-2012, 08:30 PM
meet sarcasm....

Really though, what else is there to say?

I know you were being sarcastic...we tend to have similar beliefs on these matters ;)

shep33
04-01-2012, 09:03 PM
He was terrible. I kinda don't get the point of these threads because they just turn to bash fests. Goes for the same whenever I see LBJ, Wade, Rose, etc. threads after they have a poor performance.

SmartestGuyHere
04-01-2012, 10:55 PM
Kobe is better than Dirk all time. Not today.

Kobe is a top 10 player today but scoring 28 ppg on 40% shooting in a system where you shoot up to 25-30 times a game isn't that overly impressive.

You are an idiot by using the rings argument... Derek Fisher has 5 rings to LeBron's zero. Fisher>LeBron.

So Kobe is better than Dirk all time means Kobe can go 0-18 and use the fatigue as a pass for it but Dirk can average 18 ppg (which is still good) for 15 games and all of a sudden he is done and can't win anymore?

And LOL at the KobeSystem ********. KobeSystem= shooting 30 times and making less than 40 percent of it.

A sensible person would realize I'm comparing star players (Fisher isn't a star player FYI). Sorry kid, I expected too much from you. Its okay though, I rather have Kobe and his 25 shots than a 7 footer who doesn't rebound. I think you're mad because Dallas is one and done team. They will end up like the Pistons in a few years.

shep33
04-02-2012, 12:00 AM
He just scored 40 on >50% shooting lol

BKdoubleStacker
04-02-2012, 12:05 AM
can I make make a

"what did you think of kobe's game vs golden state"?

DaLakerz Rulz
04-02-2012, 12:18 AM
can I make make a

I am sure Kobes inconsistency will serve the Lakers well in the playoffs...

Raph12
04-02-2012, 12:26 AM
Just another day in the life of Kobe Bryant 2012...

3-21 and then 16-28 the next night... I stand by my statement.

Bruno
04-02-2012, 12:35 AM
Does his 40 on 1.4 points per field goal attempt get its own thread? :D

RaiderLakersA's
04-02-2012, 01:37 AM
Shooters shoot. Close thread and any future threads like this one.

lakersfan01
04-02-2012, 01:57 AM
Biggest ball hog in history

lakersfan01
04-02-2012, 01:58 AM
can I make make a

Kobe had a game above 50% fgs, so yes it's news worthy, go for it :laugh2:

Rocco007
04-02-2012, 08:22 AM
I am sure Kobes inconsistency will serve the Lakers well in the playoffs...

KobeBashing Lakerfan rooting against their own team just to prove a point...Classic symptoms of confusion due to Fraudulent Fan behavior...