PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Lin Done For Regular Season

Punk
03-31-2012, 06:20 PM
Al Iannazzone ‏ @Al_Iannazzone
Jeremy Lin will miss six weeks with a meniscus tear. He will have surgery.

Steve Popper ‏ @StevePopper
Knicks call it 6 weeks - but there are not even 4 weeks left in regular season

Season over.

I hate life. We won't make past the month of April with 8 injuries.

Birdmannn
03-31-2012, 06:21 PM
Damn there goes the Knicks chance at a championship.

Jetsguy
03-31-2012, 06:22 PM
You have to be ******** me.

Hawkeye15
03-31-2012, 06:25 PM
That sucks. As a Wolves fan, trust me, I feel for ya. Injuries are terrible this year. Hope your happy owners and players for the lockout and compressed schedule.

Punk
03-31-2012, 06:25 PM
D'antoni: "I'm going to ride him like a freakin Secretariat"
Reporter: "Aren't you worried about him playing 44 minutes a game?"
D'antoni: "He's 23, he can rest in the off-season"

I hate him. I hate him so much, I'm glad that joke of a coach is gone.

ManRam
03-31-2012, 06:31 PM
RIP Linsanity...

Bad break for the Knicks. That's basketball for you though.

Hard to not think that he was over-worked this season...

ManRam
03-31-2012, 06:32 PM

Umm...

"There might go their chance to get to the second round..." I think is more fitting. Lin wasn't the championship piece to that team...and even with him, if they finish with the 7th or 8th said I'd be hard pressed to imagine them winning that series.

FraziersKnicks
03-31-2012, 06:33 PM
It's not the end of the world for us.. Baron's gonna have to step up his game, Shumpert's gonna have to learn how to play the point a bit better and Douglas needs to be given a chance.

We absolutely blew Orlando out of the water with him and Melo has average nearly 30 and 9 in his last three without Lin.. I'm positive we can still make the playoffs.

justinnum1
03-31-2012, 06:36 PM
davis is horrible, huge blow for the knicks

Iodine
03-31-2012, 06:36 PM
Bucksanity time

Punk
03-31-2012, 06:40 PM
Umm...

"There might go their chance to get to the second round..." I think is more fitting. Lin wasn't the championship piece to that team...and even with him, if they finish with the 7th or 8th said I'd be hard pressed to imagine them winning that series.

Before the injuries we were 2 games behind Philly. So, let's say nobody gets hurt and we won last night and we win tonight, we could have been a 4th seed. So, It would have been realistic for us to get to the ECF and see where it goes.

Lin certainly is the main piece. Because with Melo getting his explosive scoring back, teams cannot double team Lin or Amare which leaves Lin to penetrate and create.

You have 3 guys in a starting lineup that require double teams. I'm sure that isn't going to be easy for any team to handle.

Birdmannn
03-31-2012, 06:40 PM
Umm...

I was being a tad bit sarcastic. :)

willabeast77
03-31-2012, 06:42 PM
Oh well, I'm sure everyone knew this was bound to happen. What happened with Lin was pure luck. Best of luck to him.

ichitownclowni
03-31-2012, 06:44 PM
Umm...

Thank you for pointing this out lmao

Maichan
03-31-2012, 06:45 PM
just our luck ..
hope he recovers fast..

Captain Moroni
03-31-2012, 06:46 PM
Bad news, now it's time for someone else to step it up. We weren't winning the east anyway.

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-31-2012, 06:53 PM
Baron-sanity has officially begun!

Becks2307
03-31-2012, 06:55 PM
wow its gonna be real hard to make the playoffs noww

Deemerc
03-31-2012, 06:56 PM
This is great. Now when the Knicks get swept again we all get to hear how it was because of injuries.

SportsAndrew25
03-31-2012, 06:56 PM
RIP Linsanity. 2012-2012.

fadedmario
03-31-2012, 06:59 PM
Tough break for the Knicks. They will probably be a lottery team now picking 12-14

JC_
03-31-2012, 06:59 PM

Did any of the injuries happen while D'antoni was coaching?

Kinkotheclown
03-31-2012, 07:01 PM
Before the injuries we were 2 games behind Philly. So, let's say nobody gets hurt and we won last night and we win tonight, we could have been a 4th seed. So, It would have been realistic for us to get to the ECF and see where it goes.

Lin certainly is the main piece. Because with Melo getting his explosive scoring back, teams cannot double team Lin or Amare which leaves Lin to penetrate and create.

You have 3 guys in a starting lineup that require double teams. I'm sure that isn't going to be easy for any team to handle.

I completely agree. His game will open up with people focused elsewhere

knicksfan42
03-31-2012, 07:06 PM
This is great. Now when the Knicks get swept again we all get to hear how it was because of injuries.

Yea obviously missing your 2nd and 3rd best starters in no way impacts your teams play.

KNICKS R BACK
03-31-2012, 07:07 PM
as a knicks fan i just want to say this news makes me ecstatic...jeremy lin was a flash in the pan, over the course of time he reverted back to his old 12th man on the bench self...hes a chucker, a ballhog, a turnover machine, a momentum stopper...i cant stand watching him play, our offense runs so much smoother through baron davis point blank period its not even questionable

Becks2307
03-31-2012, 07:09 PM
as a knicks fan i just want to say this news makes me ecstatic...jeremy lin was a flash in the pan, over the course of time he reverted back to his old 12th man on the bench self...hes a chucker, a ballhog, a turnover machine, a momentum stopper...i cant stand watching him play, our offense runs so much smoother through baron davis point blank period its not even questionable

LMAO

the trolls are here

ManRam
03-31-2012, 07:10 PM
Did any of the injuries happen while D'antoni was coaching?

No. But mensiscus problems generally develop over time. They can happen due to sudden trauma...but this sounds like it was a gradual thing. Repetitive and consistent stress on the meniscus can do the trick, and I think that's what happened.

It's not fair to blame Mike for this...but I don't think it's crazy to suggest that him going from playing a few high intensity practice minutes a week to playing 35+ minute NBA games could have played a role in this. He was rode like a racehorse.

ManRam
03-31-2012, 07:12 PM

And...who said any of this stuff in this thread? Why the sensitivity?

LMAO

the trolls are here

The guy above? Or what...because I see no trolling here.

D.O.N.
03-31-2012, 07:14 PM
Too bad for the Knicks.
It could have been a really exciting series between them and the HEAT/BULLS...

Slimsim
03-31-2012, 07:15 PM
If we lose IMAn again i might Kill someone

Unluckiest franchise

KNICKS R BACK
03-31-2012, 07:18 PM
how is what i said trolling its my honest opinion

Birdmannn
03-31-2012, 07:19 PM

Besides you being excited that Lin is injured I agree with what your other post stated.

xxplayerxx23
03-31-2012, 07:20 PM
Not ganna lie this hurts, But I think shump, and td step up :P

Iodine
03-31-2012, 07:22 PM
Just draft Scott Machado and win like 12 championships in a row :shrug:

Sadds The Gr8
03-31-2012, 07:25 PM
Is Baron Davis still 450lbs? if he is then NYK is ****ed.

xxplayerxx23
03-31-2012, 07:26 PM
Is Baron Davis still 450lbs? if he is then NYK is ****ed.

no he is in soild shape, But he has been banged up, and now has to go from 15 mins to 30 mins which hurts,

Slimsim
03-31-2012, 07:31 PM
Wow If anyone take the time to read the comments in the Rubio thread and compare it to the lin thread you can see how many people gets true enjoyment from lin injury and

JerseysFinest
03-31-2012, 07:34 PM
This is really sad, feel bad for Lin. This is Iman's time to shine.

HOZ THE KNICK
03-31-2012, 07:36 PM
damn shame we can't get this monkey off our backs..

More-Than-Most
03-31-2012, 07:37 PM
You cant bring a guy in and ride him as hard as they rode him. I hate hearing about the guy and think he is vastly vastly vastly overrated but it sucks he got injured.

metsfanssince05
03-31-2012, 07:38 PM
Figures... We take 2 steps foward and 5 steps back.. We really have a ****ed up franchise; I hate how this team is build, yeah we have great depth but no way we can afford to sign some of them..

Gunna miss yah Lin! Recover quick bud!

By no means are we out of it yet, but we need players to step up.

BTW **** YOU D'ANDUMBASS ****ING HATE YOU YOU MOTHER ****ING **** **** ***** **** ****ING **** ****ING ******* MOTHE ****ER!

shep33
03-31-2012, 07:39 PM
Very tough news. Hope he gets better. That being said, the Knicks still have a lot of talent, Jeffries and hopefully Stat can get back healthy for the playoffs.

HowBoutDemBulls
03-31-2012, 07:40 PM
Ay yo Bucks, go get that seed now.

Sofnr
03-31-2012, 07:45 PM
It's just too bad about Lin. He has been one of the few bright spots for the Knicks this season. I'm still not sold on him being a top point guard but i think he's proved he can be a starting pg in this league. Hopefully he can come back next year and continue where he left off. I didn't think the Knicks could make it out of the first round prior to the recent injuries. I wouldn't be surprised to see them miss the playoffs now.

jp611
03-31-2012, 07:45 PM
****ing sucks... Injuries across the league have been terrible this year

29$JerZ
03-31-2012, 07:48 PM
First Rubio
Now Lin

This sucks

jiggin
03-31-2012, 07:50 PM
Well, that was fast. Linsanity is over for this year, thank goodness.

Knee surgery...hmmm.

Silent
03-31-2012, 08:00 PM

:laugh2:

Did he really say that?

Badluck33
03-31-2012, 08:01 PM
Jeremy Linjured.

shep33
03-31-2012, 08:04 PM
****ing sucks... Injuries across the league have been terrible this year

Totally, guys are getting beat down by the sched.

NYsFinest
03-31-2012, 08:06 PM

Did he really say that?

yea i hate that mother****er... he ruined the knicks season trying to save his job

Deemerc
03-31-2012, 08:10 PM
Dantoni is definitely a vilLIN

fadedmario
03-31-2012, 08:11 PM
Wow If anyone take the time to read the comments in the Rubio thread and compare it to the lin thread you can see how many people gets true enjoyment from lin injury and

I wonder why..

jimm120
03-31-2012, 08:11 PM

championship???

Well, at least it'll hurt their playoff chances and will most likely give them a 100% assurance of not getting out of the first round :/

sucks.

Jeffries out for like 3 weeks. He's our #1 defensive backup.
Amare out for the regular season. He'll be back for the playoffs.
Lin now out for Regular season AND most probably first two rounds of the playoffs.

jimm120
03-31-2012, 08:13 PM

Did he really say that?

yeah

John Walls Era
03-31-2012, 08:15 PM

not trolling, just stupid. Baron Davis :laugh:

Punk
03-31-2012, 08:21 PM
Well, that was fast. Linsanity is over for this year, thank goodness.

Knee surgery...hmmm.

It's 6 weeks and that is goodness?

jp611
03-31-2012, 08:25 PM
Jeremy Linjured.

This made me laugh :laugh2:

BcEuAbRsS
03-31-2012, 08:32 PM
How are the Knicks unlucky with this? It was pure luck that they found his spark... Now all types of luck are just even now...

meloman1592
03-31-2012, 08:35 PM
Wow Amare and Lin...and people find the injuries funny? Wow...you guys hate the knicks that bad? We had a chance at making a TON of noise in the playoffs...you all know it. But that's looking bleak now

NYsFinest
03-31-2012, 08:38 PM
How are the Knicks unlucky with this? It was pure luck that they found his spark... Now all types of luck are just even now...

I guess to balance out the luck the Bulls had when they won the lottery from the 9th slot, Rose should have his back injury hold him out the rest of the year :facepalm:

BcEuAbRsS
03-31-2012, 08:42 PM
Yes, comparable situations! Well done Sherlock!

The goods
03-31-2012, 08:53 PM
Bucksanity time

Hahahahahahahahaaha I like that.
It'll be interesting to see if they can step up and get into the playoffs but the knicks aren't done yet,they have to much star power to be out the playoffs IMO but we'll see.

blastmasta26
03-31-2012, 09:16 PM
:cry:

The Knicks should still make the playoffs, but it will be futile. Lin will be out and Amare will be back in a limited capacity at best. At full health, Knicks-Bulls/Heat could've been a fun first round series to watch. Now, it's probably gonna be a sweep of the Knicks.

LASportsFan1996
03-31-2012, 09:46 PM
hobLINg

Lim
03-31-2012, 10:36 PM
good now we wont have to hear this lunatic talk about his imaginary friend named "God" anymore.

NBA_Starter
03-31-2012, 10:37 PM
Wishing Lin a full recovery

meloman1592
03-31-2012, 10:40 PM
good now we wont have to hear this lunatic talk about his imaginary friend named "God" anymore.

:facepalm:

Sadds The Gr8
03-31-2012, 10:48 PM
Wow Amare and Lin...and people find the injuries funny? Wow...you guys hate the knicks that bad? We had a chance at making a TON of noise in the playoffs...you all know it. But that's looking bleak now

no u didnt.

sunsfan88
03-31-2012, 10:53 PM
He's having the same surgery that Grant Hill had...

justinnum1
03-31-2012, 11:15 PM

huh?

John Walls Era
03-31-2012, 11:26 PM

you gotta excuse Jeremy Lim over here. Hes actually Lin's biggest fan, he reads about him all the time and clearly watches all the press conferences.

quade36
03-31-2012, 11:31 PM
I guess to balance out the luck the Bulls had when they won the lottery from the 9th slot, Rose should have his back injury hold him out the rest of the year :facepalm:

Huh? Comparing Lin to Rose or luck of the Knicks with luck of the Bulls? Thats so silly. Also back injury? I knew he had a back injury earlier this year but that is not why he is out now.

C_Mund
03-31-2012, 11:37 PM
Sucks for Lin and Knicks fans.... but I don't really have a lot of sympathy for those fans blaming D'Antoni for "running him into the ground, (for like a month...OH MY GOODNESS!!!)" or being like "just our luck..." and whatever. You've had two phenomenal big men sign as FA's, a superstar force his way via trade, gotten great defensive draft picks and found a diamond in the rough all in the last year. Like, let's not get all emo over a couple things that happen to every team from time to time.

oak2455
03-31-2012, 11:44 PM
yup

Da Knicks
03-31-2012, 11:51 PM
Knicks will be alright, and all these trolls will be reminded of it...

Kashmir13579
03-31-2012, 11:53 PM
I'm very, very sad right now.

MJ-BULLS
04-01-2012, 12:01 AM
This is definitely a big blow for the New York Knicks. Injuries suck when they hit your team, specially during the season with the games being so close to each other in this shortened season. The Chicago Bulls have had their share of injuries this season as well.

oak2455
04-01-2012, 12:05 AM

a ton:facepalm: also no matter what team Lin was on, it was a really good story:eyebrow:

torocan
04-01-2012, 12:35 AM
This shortened season is really depressing in some ways.

Not only has the quality of the games gone down, but it's burning through athletes on every team at a ridiculous pace.

Injuries up on every team, who knows how many great careers shortened or destroyed? How many promising matchups that became disappointments... that became lackluster with so many athletes playing hurt?

As for Lin, I feel bad for him. He didn't ask to be put on a pedastel or hyped, or become people's personal cause. He didn't ask to be on the SI Covers, or Time, or pasted on every newspaper in sight.

All he did was get on the hardwood and play his heart out.

He just wanted to play ball for a living. Something I would think everyone on this board could relate to, but instead some people prefer to bash him, or wish him ill will, hoping that he'll do badly so the spotlight will move, or so that it will reaffirm their belief that he didn't accomplish anything special.

Some folks complain that Lin is over-rated. They're happy to forget that every player is over/under rated by someone. Lin never claimed to be great or awful. He felt he could play if given the chance. It's the fans and media that placed their expectations upon him -- that he was a superstar in the making, or a fraud waiting to be exposed.

How many times have we heard of teams where the players hate eachother? Where players couldn't wait to leave to chase more money or a ring? Yes, Lin's run was amazing and an anomaly in many ways. It was also some of the most fun basketball I've ever seen. Not just the style of fast passing and ball sharing, but you could really see that the team was having fun. Laughing and cheering eachother on, celebrating at every good play by their team mates, taking the collective blame when they fell short.

It saddens me that some people are happy that he's now injured, that he can't help when his team needs him, the players that so obviously have become his friends on and off the court.

I guess it takes all types of people to make the world go around.

ThuglifeJ
04-01-2012, 01:55 AM

This is SO knicks fans to say something like that. First off the Knicks are a joke for the team they have assembled, they have a top 3 roster talent wise yet are 8th seed or w.e might have got higher. in the EAST.
The Knicks are a joke always have been always will. They were NOT getting to the ECF this year with or without Lin.

Only thing the Knicks have had for them thats good is the fact htey play in MSG

Blitzace137
04-01-2012, 01:57 AM

Not only has the quality of the games gone down, but it's burning through athletes on every team at a ridiculous pace.

Injuries up on every team, who knows how many great careers shortened or destroyed? How many promising matchups that became disappointments... that became lackluster with so many athletes playing hurt?

As for Lin, I feel bad for him. He didn't ask to be put on a pedastel or hyped, or become people's personal cause. He didn't ask to be on the SI Covers, or Time, or pasted on every newspaper in sight.

He just wanted to play ball for a living. Something I would think everyone on this board could relate to, but instead some people prefer to bash him, or wish him ill will, hoping that he'll do badly so the spotlight will move, or so that it will reaffirm their belief that he didn't accomplish anything special.

Some folks complain that Lin is over-rated. They're happy to forget that every player is over/under rated by someone. Lin never claimed to be great or awful. He felt he could play if given the chance. It's the fans and media that placed their expectations upon him -- that he was a superstar in the making, or a fraud waiting to be exposed.

How many times have we heard of teams where the players hate eachother? Where players couldn't wait to leave to chase more money or a ring? Yes, Lin's run was amazing and an anomaly in many ways. It was also some of the most fun basketball I've ever seen. Not just the style of fast passing and ball sharing, but you could really see that the team was having fun. Laughing and cheering eachother on, celebrating at every good play by their team mates, taking the collective blame when they fell short.

It saddens me that some people are happy that he's now injured, that he can't help when his team needs him, the players that so obviously have become his friends on and off the court.

couldn't have said it any better myself :clap: the sad part is there are a good amount of knicks fan who dislike him as well. I mean really some people would rather have Baron Davis who clearly isn't 100% start over Lin :facepalm:

Blitzace137
04-01-2012, 02:14 AM

lmao yes he's a ballhog the guy who had the highest assist percentage in the team is a Ball Hog:facepalm:

tredigs
04-01-2012, 03:41 AM
Another body added to the 'out for the year or close to it crowd'. This **** is ridiculous...

J. Lin
Eric Maynor
Darrel Arthur
Andrew Bogut
Brook Lopez
Josh Howard
Rudy Fernandez
Al Horford
Kwame
Ricky Rubio
Varejao
Kyle Lowry
Okafor
Chauncey Billups
Steph Curry
Eric Gordon
Jerryd Bayless

.................OK I'm tired. You get the point.

RIP Linsanity. That was an amazing feat you pulled off in that stretch. Hoping the kid gets back to 100% form, same with Rubio and the rest of the lot.

Punk
04-01-2012, 04:56 AM
This is SO knicks fans to say something like that. First off the Knicks are a joke for the team they have assembled, they have a top 3 roster talent wise yet are 8th seed or w.e might have got higher. in the EAST.
The Knicks are a joke always have been always will. They were NOT getting to the ECF this year with or without Lin.

Only thing the Knicks have had for them thats good is the fact htey play in MSG

Oh, another troll? You add the "This is so what a Knick fan would say" to fuel absolutely nothing but hot air.

The team was poorly coached even with injuries. It's not a secret, we are 9-2 under a different coach, 3 games away from the 4th seed. You idiot.

The Dallas Mavericks are 4 losses away from the 8th seed. I guess they are a joke too?

I see you have nothing to say that has any common sense. So, I'll just ignore you.

PleaseBeNice
04-01-2012, 04:59 AM
Just glad I wont be hearing about him as much now

Punk
04-01-2012, 05:00 AM
The Knicks would be considered unlucky because Amare last year missed the playoff games with a back injury and Billups got hurt in game 1 with a knee injury.

Everything is playing out the same exact way again. The Knicks started the season out with big injuries and they are ending it the same way. Which is considered unlucky circumstances.

I'm not even sure the intelligence level of the forum at this point. It's really sad how many people are jealous and spiteful towards the kid due to his popularity which he has nothing to do with but I'm sure if this was some other star from their team, they would be crying about it.

effen5
04-01-2012, 05:05 AM

Reminded of what? You guys being the most inconsistent team in the NBA?

BlinkManJan02
04-01-2012, 06:58 AM
That's unfortunate for them. Soo, how soon would he be ready say the Knicks make the playoffs?

rufo4100
04-01-2012, 07:12 AM
This means Knicks are not making the playoffs?

torocan
04-01-2012, 08:35 AM
That's unfortunate for them. Soo, how soon would he be ready say the Knicks make the playoffs?

If it takes the full 6 weeks, the season for him is over unless the Knicks somehow get to the 2nd round.

If he can get back by week 4/5, he can make some first round games.

Of course, no idea what kind of shape he would be in. And given his age, I certainly hope he wouldn't take any silly risks and try to play too soon. It's not worth gambling his knees and future just to play a week or two early.

quade36
04-01-2012, 08:42 AM
I'm not even sure the intelligence level of the forum at this point. It's really sad how many people are jealous and spiteful towards the kid due to his popularity which he has nothing to do with but I'm sure if this was some other star from their team, they would be crying about it.

Wow do you know what the word hypocrite means? :D

1. We get the Knicks greatness jammed down our throats.
2. No one hates Lin. Most are actually happy that someone like him could still have success in the NBA. Its a great story. They just hate the fact that fans like yourself keep posted how he is a top five point guard in the NBA.
3. This is a possible thought, teams could still win even with injuries. The Bulls are 12-4 without Rose. The Hawks have a better record than the Knicks without Horford. Good teams get past injuries.
4. It sucks for Lin as he is having a breakout season but if the Knicks were as good as you and fans like yourself say they were I think they'd do just fine with Davis taking the point.
5. How in the world could you blame D'antoni????? Thats silly. If it weren't for him you'd never even know who Jeremy Lin is. Blaming him for starting Lin for a month... :facepalm:

justinnum1
04-01-2012, 09:19 AM

2. No one hates Lin. Most are actually happy that someone like him could still have success in the NBA. Its a great story. They just hate the fact that fans like yourself keep posted how he is a top five point guard in the NBA.
3. This is a possible thought, teams could still win even with injuries. The Bulls are 12-4 without Rose. The Hawks have a better record than the Knicks without Horford. Good teams get past injuries.
4. It sucks for Lin as he is having a breakout season but if the Knicks were as good as you and fans like yourself say they were I think they'd do just fine with Davis taking the point.
5. How in the world could you blame D'antoni????? Thats silly. If it weren't for him you'd never even know who Jeremy Lin is. Blaming him for starting Lin for a month... :facepalm:

Great post.

BKLYNpigeon
04-01-2012, 09:32 AM
they are ripping Lin the in the NY papers. lol.

blastmasta26
04-01-2012, 09:37 AM

Agree with your post, but point 3 is not quite true in the larger context of things. I'm not that concerned about regular season play, but it's postseason play that is worrisome. Lin will be out and Amare will not be 100%. The Knicks really have no shot in the playoffs now. And neither do the Bulls without Rose or the Hawks without Horford. Not saying they aren't good teams even with those injuries, just that they need those guys healthy to achieve what they expect from the team.

Ill21
04-01-2012, 09:45 AM
I love how this thread turns into a hate Lin and Knicks thread. But when Rubio got injured every person on here was sucking his dick.

Brew Crew
04-01-2012, 10:51 AM
So can I stop hearing about this turnover machine already?

Lim
04-01-2012, 11:30 AM
God is an a$shole he made jeremy lin get knee surgery? Or was that the devil? Or is it cause adam and eve ate an apple?

Hellcrooner
04-01-2012, 11:32 AM
all the injured players this season should sue stern.
season should have been 41 games.

k.smith904
04-01-2012, 11:33 AM
linjuries!

dtmagnet
04-01-2012, 11:33 AM
Agree with your post, but point 3 is not quite true in the larger context of things. I'm not that concerned about regular season play, but it's postseason play that is worrisome. Lin will be out and Amare will not be 100%. The Knicks really have no shot in the playoffs now. And neither do the Bulls without Rose or the Hawks without Horford. Not saying they aren't good teams even with those injuries, just that they need those guys healthy to achieve what they expect from the team.

No player is EVER 100% they are always dealing with something even if its not written about in the papers.

MTL_123
04-01-2012, 11:44 AM
Sucks this Happened. Would have been a really good first round series Bulls Vs a healthy Knick team

justinnum1
04-01-2012, 11:47 AM
Sucks this Happened. Would have been a really good first round series Bulls Vs a healthy Knick team

Still might be, i can see NY taking 2 games.

Combination MIN Pace OffRtg DefRtg NetRtg +/-
Anthony + Lin + Stoudemire 417 98.7 99.1 100.6 -1.5 +4
Anthony & Stoudemire, no Lin 495 95.6 98.7 102.9 -4.2 -34
Anthony & Lin, no Stoudemire 88 96.3 110.9 98.1 +12.9 +22
Anthony with neither 433 95.7 101.8 90.7 +11.1 +84

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/04/01/knicks-are-melos-team-now/

D-Leethal
04-01-2012, 02:33 PM
If watching Baron wasn't like walking on eggshells waiting for him to pull or tweak something or he didn't run out of gas after 15 minutes of play on a nightly basis then Knick fans wouldn't be so worried. The thought of Bibby and/or Douglas getting major minutes in the playoffs is sickening to say the least.

FraziersKnicks
04-01-2012, 02:50 PM
We're a substantially better team defensively when it's just Melo.. We'll be able to grind out enough W's to make the playoffs I'm sure.

kingsdelez24
04-01-2012, 03:19 PM
Mike Bibby to the rescue! BibSanity 2012

sep11ie
04-01-2012, 03:36 PM
Tough break for the Knicks. They will probably be a lottery team now picking 12-14

Rockets own that pick.

ghettosean
04-01-2012, 03:37 PM
That sucks. As a Wolves fan, trust me, I feel for ya. Injuries are terrible this year. Hope your happy owners and players for the lockout and compressed schedule.
I get linched for saying things like that but it's true... This is all due to the compressed schedule! I wanted the Knicks healthy for the playoffs if they went against Miami healthy it would have been a great series to watch!

meloman1592
04-01-2012, 03:45 PM
So Rubio gets hurt and everyone is sad...but Lin gets hurt and it's a good thing? Wow

PurpleJesus
04-01-2012, 03:52 PM
Knicks shouldnt have told anyone he was hurt, they shoulda just got some other asian baller off the street, put a Lin name on the back of his jersey, and played him 35+ minutes...no one woulda known the difference.

NYsFinest
04-01-2012, 03:56 PM
Props to SA5195 for the dope video of Jeremy Lin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npmM8SexRow

:cry:

Deemerc
04-01-2012, 04:11 PM
So Rubio gets hurt and everyone is sad...but Lin gets hurt and it's a good thing? Wow

Yes

Hustla23
04-01-2012, 04:17 PM
We're a substantially better team defensively when it's just Melo.. We'll be able to grind out enough W's to make the playoffs I'm sure.
Uh, no. Our best defensive unit is one that includes neither Melo, Amare, or Lin (76 defensive rating.) We play our best defense when Smith, Shumpert, and Jeffries are on the floor.

We need those guys for offense, though, definitely.

Losing Lin is a huge hit. No one else on the team can get Chandler, Novak, or other guys set up in their sweet spots like he can.

Blitzace137
04-01-2012, 05:13 PM
Knicks shouldnt have told anyone he was hurt, they shoulda just got some other asian baller off the street, put a Lin name on the back of his jersey, and played him 35+ minutes...no one woulda known the difference.

"JJ Barrea's #1 fan"... haha only Barrea fan in the world can't even take this guy serious now :laugh2:

k.smith904
04-01-2012, 05:49 PM
if they can sneak into the playoffs theyll be alright.

Hustla23
04-01-2012, 05:51 PM
Some of the comments on here expressing pleasure at this news is more or less typical of what one can expect in the NBA forum. :sigh:

I guess sports is everything for some people.

PurpleJesus
04-01-2012, 07:46 PM
"JJ Barrea's #1 fan"... haha only Barrea fan in the world can't even take this guy serious now :laugh2:

its sarcasm...Barea's name is even spelled wrong.

Missing56&33
04-02-2012, 12:09 PM
This can't be happening. Big blow for the Knicks, Lin being out. But looking at where we are right now, we've won 3 out of 4 with Lin and Amar'e out.....guys just have to step up and hopefully we can get guys back healthy for the playoffs ....or close to healthy.

This team has been hit with a lot of adversity and injures but we're still in a position to win the division. We have to play through it.

Lina
04-02-2012, 12:17 PM

NO! It's SAD!!

Lina
04-02-2012, 12:31 PM

Totally agree..

Lina
04-02-2012, 12:50 PM

This news makes you ecstatic??? wow...How horrible heart you have o_O

M.Bibby2.0
04-02-2012, 12:57 PM

Pretty much this.

Da Knicks
04-02-2012, 12:57 PM

Big Market will do that along with the haters who do it on purpose for other fans to hate the knicks, lakers, heat, celtics, mavs.2. No one hates Lin. Most are actually happy that someone like him could still have success in the NBA. Its a great story. They just hate the fact that fans like yourself keep posted how he is a top five point guard in the NBA.

There is no real knick fan that really thinks that and again the haters and dupes will say this to make other fans hate us, view us as ignorant fans.

The Bulls have won because they have had basically the same team for years and the Hawks the same way. The knicks added so many new pieces didnt get to mesh and the injuries never alowed them to play together.

I think the knicks will be fine, however Davis is coming off a back injury and hasn't gotten his legs under him just yet and Bibby is playing like an 80 year old man.

D'antoni or any other coach would of had to give Lin a shot we had no pg healthy and Lin would of had to play. D'antoni just didnt manage his time correctly and Lin just took so many hits.

He115ing
04-02-2012, 01:10 PM

Crab dribble FTW!

NoahH
04-02-2012, 01:13 PM
Good.

Chavacano
04-02-2012, 03:15 PM

:worthy:

haggis
04-02-2012, 04:25 PM
NY Knicks hold off on Jeremy Lin injury announcement until after NBA playoff ticket deadline passes

The Knicks were eventually going to get around to revealing the troubling results of Jeremy Lin’s MRI but certainly not before last Wednesday.

That was a crucial day inside the club’s executive offices at Two Penn Plaza because March 28 represented the deadline for season- ticket holders to purchase all four rounds of the playoffs.

In fact, in the email sent to subscribers, there is a picture of Lin leaping in celebration. Yet, it was two days before the deadline when Lin and the Knicks’ medical staff learned that the second-year point guard/cash cow was suffering from a torn meniscus in his left knee and that he wouldn’t be jumping for joy anytime soon.

Although Lin waited until Saturday before formally making the decision to have surgery, it certainly made business sense for the organization to withhold medical information about its marquee attraction. But that doesn’t explain why the Knicks, who are 2 games ahead of Milwaukee for the eighth and final playoff spot with 13 games left, weren’t forthcoming about Lin's condition after Wednesday’s postseason ticket deadline passed.

Nor does it explain why the Knicks contradicted interim head coach Mike Woodson, who first raised the possibility of Lin’s “sore” knee injury being serious enough to keep the Knicks’ starting point guard sidelined for the remainder of the regular season.

It’s not every day that an organization goes out of its way to refute something its head coach says — when in fact Woodson was simply being truthful. On Friday in Atlanta, Woodson told reporters that he didn’t know “when” or “if” Lin would return to the lineup. Within one hour, the Knicks’ media relations staff released a statement to select media outlets contradicting Woodson.

Suddenly, the Knicks’ position was that there was a chance Lin could play either Tuesday in Indiana or Thursday in Orlando. In theory, they weren’t wrong. Lin had yet to decide whether to go ahead with surgery. However, Lin was leaning that way and the fact remains that the club had yet to announce the results of an MRI taken four days earlier. Lin’s knee wasn’t just sore. It is damaged.

Woodson didn’t misspeak, as was reported. He was actually giving reporters and fans a reasonable appraisal of Lin’s status. It will be interesting to see if Woodson’s honesty is appreciated by the Garden since honesty isn’t necessarily MSG policy. Woodson may have to conform if he wants the interim tag removed. Thus far, Woodson has come across as sincere and blunt.

Woodson supports Lin’s decision but when a reporter asked him if he thought there was a chance Lin would postpone the surgery until after the season, Woodson said: “Only he knows his body.”

Neither Woodson nor Lin is signed beyond this season and of the two Lin is all but assured of returning. He’s proven himself as an NBA player while the money he’s making the Knicks in terms of sponsorships and marketing cannot be underestimated.

The Knicks will have to determine if Lin is a starter or whether they should seek an upgrade and make Lin the backup. Baron Davis and Mike Bibby are both free agents this summer and there is a strong chance neither will return.

Steve Nash is also slated to become a free agent and his future with the Phoenix Suns is uncertain. A person close to Nash, the two-time MVP, says he will not rule out the Knicks even though his former coach in Phoenix, Mike D’Antoni, was replaced by Woodson three weeks ago.

The Knicks don’t have cap space to sign Nash and they would have to get creative in order to acquire him. A point guard tandem of Nash and Lin would work for everybody. The Knicks would be elevated to contending status while still making loads of money. They may not even have to remind season- ticket holders of a playoff deadline anymore.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-knicks-hold-jeremy-lin-injury-announcement-nba-playoff-ticket-deadline-passes-article-1.1054303?localLinksEnabled=false

justinnum1
04-02-2012, 05:07 PM
****ing shady

typical dolan

Missing56&33
04-02-2012, 07:23 PM
Good.

You sound relieved but we still got something for you guys.

utl768
04-03-2012, 12:49 AM
that story by isola is typical ny media stirring **** up for no reason

knicks would sell out regardless

they sold out when they were winning 20 games a year

ByShine
04-03-2012, 12:57 AM
should have kept (wilson) chandler gallo felton with stoudemire
that was a winning team

worst trade for anthony ever
the team would be doing better with stoudemire felton shumpert gallo chandler davis

on and on

SportsAndrew25
04-03-2012, 03:29 AM
that story by isola is typical ny media stirring **** up for no reason

knicks would sell out regardless

they sold out when they were winning 20 games a yearExactly. Even if you or me were playing on the Knicks, people will come. The fact that they are the Knicks and the fact that they play at the world famous Madison Square Garden is the reason people come. It does not matter who is on that team. Not even the crappy *** Nets coming here will change that.

oak2455
04-03-2012, 07:46 AM
Yes

Can't even mention your teams....lol

OptiMized
04-03-2012, 08:43 AM
play he'll still knock down 20 pts a game.

Seriously though tough break for Lin, now the Linsanity jokes will never die.

mjm07
04-03-2012, 09:22 AM

This. I wanted them to be at full strength when they lose to the HEAT in the 1st or 2nd round. :(

Feel bad for Lin. He now has a lot of time to heal, get stronger, and better for next year.

WSU Tony
04-03-2012, 02:05 PM
RIP Linsanity...

Bad break for the Knicks. That's basketball for you though.

Hard to not think that he was over-worked this season...

MP - Lin - 940 - 35 games - 26 MPG
MP - Love - 2021 - 51 games - 40 MPG

Punk
04-03-2012, 02:06 PM
I'll remember to say "Good" when Wade or LeBron tear an ACL or breaks a leg. Let's see how many people will feel that's acceptable.

****ing shady

typical dolan

Actually, this sounds like a BS story. Dolan is suing Daily News over this.

justinnum1
04-03-2012, 03:06 PM
I'll remember to say "Good" when Wade or LeBron tear an ACL or breaks a leg. Let's see how many people will feel that's acceptable.

Actually, this sounds like a BS story. Dolan is suing Daily News over this.

Stay classy:facepalm:

NYKnickFanatic
04-03-2012, 03:25 PM
Stay classy:facepalm:

He's referring to that guy.
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Good.

leftymo
04-03-2012, 05:41 PM
That is a tough Linjury for the Knicks to swallow...

Not like they were going to do anything anyway...