PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Chandler's new deal worth less than first reported

spreadeagle
03-31-2012, 03:29 PM
Seems like this guy could have got way more if he waited till free agency, he must really like Denver, around 6 mil per year locked in long term? great move by Denver
Wilson's Chandler's new contract in Denver, widely reported to be worth $37 million over five years, actually comes in at $31.7 million, according to sources familiar with the contract.

The deal starts at $5.5 million for the rest of this season and tops out at $7.2 million in 2015-16, sources said.

At present, though, only $2 million of Chandler's 2015-16 salary is guaranteed.

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-120330-31/weekend-dime-latest-word-big-nba-coaching-decisions

BallIsAll
03-31-2012, 03:33 PM
Wow that helps a lot I didn't even know this

5ass
03-31-2012, 03:47 PM
a bargain for that good of a player

FraziersKnicks
03-31-2012, 04:11 PM
Fantastic deal... Great player at $6m per

Abel Ye
03-31-2012, 04:20 PM
Wow great move by the GM of the nuggets, Now I just hope they won't trade him away lol.

tredigs
03-31-2012, 04:26 PM
Much better deal. Dude needs to step it up a bit though, I really haven't been impressed with his game since he got to Denver last year. He's got to improve his shot selection.

Super.
03-31-2012, 04:27 PM
Oh nice. Just another reason to make me like the Nuggets

rwynyc
03-31-2012, 05:11 PM
this guy is def broke

PocketKings
03-31-2012, 05:57 PM
I love Wilson Chandler.

BallIsAll
03-31-2012, 09:05 PM
So the nuggets will have some good amount of money this offseason with miller and Rudy coming off also the amnesty.. Let's see if they can improve

Raps08-09 Champ
03-31-2012, 09:18 PM
They basically just gave him a years worth of money for the rest of the year, which is only like 20 games.

If you wanna look at it, it might's pretty much $37 mil for 4.2 years.

llemon
03-31-2012, 09:24 PM
And we will soon find out if WC can be effective outside of D'Antoni's system.

He certainly SUCKED HARD in the playoffs for Denver last season.

BallIsAll
03-31-2012, 09:33 PM
They basically just gave him a years worth of money for the rest of the year, which is only like 20 games.

If you wanna look at it, it might's pretty much $37 mil for 4.2 years.

Did you not read the thread it's 32 mill so it is basically 32 mil for 4.3 years

llemon
03-31-2012, 10:01 PM
Did you not read the thread it's 32 mill so it is basically 32 mil for 4.3 years

I wish the difference between $32 mil and $37 mil made a goddam difference in my actual life.

llemon
03-31-2012, 10:06 PM
I love Wilson Chandler.

Is that an official proposal? This is leap year.

Vinylman
03-31-2012, 11:50 PM
I don't know why people are surprised at the numbers... salaries went down after the lockout and wait and see how bad it is this summer...

Players ****ed themselves with the new CBA...

tredigs
03-31-2012, 11:58 PM
I don't know why people are surprised at the numbers... salaries went down after the lockout and wait and see how bad it is this summer...

Players ****ed themselves with the new CBA...

I just hope they're able to scrape together enough coins to pay for supper. It is a travesty what has happened to them, really.

DenButsu
04-01-2012, 02:08 AM
So the nuggets will have some good amount of money this offseason with miller and Rudy coming off also the amnesty.. Let's see if they can improve

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see what they do. Trading Nene has opened the door to a lot of flexibility moving forward. They have a $13 million trade exception from Nene, a roster stacked with young, affordable players that will be easily tradeable in a 2-for-1 or 3-for-1 if they want to, the amnesty that can still be used on Harrington or Birdman, a pretty nice little stockpile of draft picks, and enough cap space to make a little noise in free agency if they choose to go that route. They have the luxurious burden of tons of choices to make; it'll be interesting to see what decisions Ujiri makes about which direction he wants to take the development of this team.

For the time being though, this is definitely a good bit of news for Denver.

IndyRealist
04-01-2012, 12:06 PM
Wilson Chandler's not that good. He had one year he was more or less average (his last year in New York), and besides that he's been a scrub. What am I missing about this guy?

DenButsu
04-01-2012, 12:18 PM
Wilson Chandler's not that good. He had one year he was more or less average (his last year in New York), and besides that he's been a scrub. What am I missing about this guy?

You're right... for now. He's been butt since returning to Denver.

But when he's been at his best (which admittedly has beeen a while) he's shown that he has a really unique skill set. This is most true in terms of him not having any glaring weaknesses. He's a really well balanced player.

that said, I'd still rather have Gallo. The mismatches he creaes are such an advantage, and at the end of the day he's just more aggressive and does a better job of taking it to the hole.

Right now, Chandler is trying to wedge his way into a system that doesn't really know how to fit him in. He'd be better elsewhere, and I hope for his sake (and the Nuggets' sake) that he gets traded this summer.

But whether that happens or not, the Nuggets got him for the right price - a steal, really (rumors were in the 8-10 range). If they choose to move him, trading him on this contract won't be a problem at all.

Becks2307
04-01-2012, 12:50 PM
Wilson Chandler is a beast and an excellent 3rd option on a Championship team.

He is gonna give you 18 and 7 in his prime.