PDA

View Full Version : Weber to Kansas St

Devils05
03-31-2012, 01:47 PM
From ESPN.com (http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/7758565/kansas-state-wildcats-hiring-bruce-weber-men-basketball-coach)

Kansas State has hired Bruce Weber to be its next men's basketball coach, Weber told ESPN.com's Andy Katz Saturday.

Weber, who was fired March 9 after nine seasons at Illinois, is replacing Frank Martin, who left this week to become coach at South Carolina.

Kansas State has scheduled a 4 p.m. ET news conference.

Weber's deal with the Wildcats is for five years; financial terms were not disclosed.

metsfaninSTL
03-31-2012, 03:02 PM
I did not see him going to this big a school

CityofTreez
03-31-2012, 04:19 PM
Not a bad deal for Weber, but as a Kansas fan, I'd rather face Weber instead of Frank Martin.

Weber's a schmuck.

Kings Analyst
03-31-2012, 05:21 PM
Some funny things from a Kansas site I saw:

"K State Basketball: why settle for 4th place when 8th place is available? Bruce Webber (face palm)"

Jacob Pullen said

"Bruce Webber didn't think I was good enough to play at Illinois and I don't think he is good enough to coach at Kansas State"

"When you succeed a Illinois you go to Kansas and when you fail at Illinois, you go to Kansas State"

Anyways really have no clue what Kansas State was thinking Weber was only good when he had Selfs recruits.