PDA

View Full Version : King and Pitino miss HOF cut

ewing
03-30-2012, 10:00 AM
I'm a big fan of both guys. King is debatable b/c of his longevity but he's Bernard King. Pintino is a no brianer. Anyway, does it make you think less of the HOF when guys like Rick Pitino miss the final cut but they will likely elect some women who played in the 1950s that no has ever heard of. I think it makes a joke of the Hall. Discuss

Hellcrooner
03-30-2012, 12:06 PM
^im fairly certain that 90% the 15 year old kids in the world havent heard bout Led Zeppelin.
Does that make them bad musicians?

UPRock
03-30-2012, 12:22 PM
^im fairly certain that 90% the 15 year old kids in the world havent heard bout Led Zeppelin.

I agree with you 100%

ewing
03-30-2012, 12:24 PM

Your probably underestimating 15 year olds, everyone knew who Led Zep when they were the ****, and they had a great influence on the music that was made after them. I fail too see the parallel.

Sorry I think the female harlem globe totters dont deserve consideration. Nor does Vlad or Billy Packer for that matter. Billy Packer??? For being a tool and getting to watch college basketball? I dont know if you agree with me but i think the hall of fame shoud be about the greatest basketball players and biggest contributors. Do you think no one would be watching the final four this weekend if Billy Packer hadn't called so many college games. I dont either so why is he even considered? I also think there are very very few women who were good enough or had enough influence to deserve consideration.

Iodine
03-30-2012, 04:16 PM
The NBA HoF (and well most HoF's) is a joke, but yeah both SHOULD get in.

Pitino is not a guy I like, but in terms of college and impact, hell yeah.

Bernard King is just one of the coolest mother****ers ever

AnthonyTyrael
03-30-2012, 07:07 PM

No but it's clearly our failure if we don't introduce them to those youngsters, in case they're not familiar with it already or way off of finding out more about them by themselves. It's like handing on something valuable from generation to generation. If they like or not, doesn't matter in the end. It's taste but at least we told them about and may be opened up their mind for new influences. If some get hooked, even better.

I don't get it why so many feel bothered by the HoF, it's just like with All-Star-Games. You guys pay that way too much attention. What's it good for anyways? That your favorite players get enshrined? That you have a place to go to? That you have actually something to talk about? Is it actually a bigger honor to be named member or to be remembered by thousands of fans? I know, it can be both at once. Many ppl don't get the recognition they deserve. That's life. Pretty often not slightly fair.

valade16
03-30-2012, 07:32 PM

:clap:

llemon
03-30-2012, 07:46 PM
It is not the NBA HOF (although there should be one).

It is the Basketball HOF (Calipari could never be considered for the NBA HOF, if there was one).

So calm down.

Reggie Miller didn't make the cut his first time around, and he is more deserving than either.

But I do think Bernard deserves to make it, although he had attitude (and more serious) problems.

But those 7-10 years when he put on his game face, not sure there was better or more dangerous offensive player in the league than Bernard, BB, Sky King.