PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Garnett Cracked the Aging Code?

DaVille
03-30-2012, 01:44 AM
Ever since Doc put him at Center, It's like KG found new life. He's been a beast. It begs the question: What took Doc so long to make the move?

Chronz
03-30-2012, 01:59 AM
KG played the 5 when Posey was around, the hope is to preserve KG from manning the middle in a lockout year and save him for the playoffs but I guess injuries have forced their hands.

asandhu23
03-30-2012, 02:00 AM
great. now maybe he can give that code to Jordan, Kareem, Bird, Hakeem and company.

DaVille
03-30-2012, 02:07 AM
KG played the 5 when Posey was around, the hope is to preserve KG from manning the middle in a lockout year and save him for the playoffs but I guess injuries have forced their hands.

This is permanent fixture though.

C_Mund
03-30-2012, 02:30 AM
He seems like he's been a stretch C for the last little while, sorta like Timmy D. Not fast enough to stick with the young guns but still have plenty in the tank for the depleted center position

JLynn943
03-30-2012, 03:18 AM
Let's wait until the playoffs before claiming anything about his aging/not aging

BlinkManJan02
03-30-2012, 03:28 AM
Black people usually age well.

LGhost
03-30-2012, 07:17 AM
Black people usually age well.

You say that like there aren't many black people in the NBA

thekmp211
03-30-2012, 07:58 AM
Let's wait until the playoffs before claiming anything about his aging/not aging

lol what?

kg has been quietly great almost all season. tbh i think he's healthy as much as everything, this is the first season where he looked fully recovered from the 09 knee injury.

blom85
03-30-2012, 08:36 AM
He seems like he's been a stretch C for the last little while, sorta like Timmy D. Not fast enough to stick with the young guns but still have plenty in the tank for the depleted center position

^
|
|
This

JermanJaysFan
03-30-2012, 09:17 AM
Bingo.

I think part of the reluctance to actually list him as a starter there came from KG himself- I think I can remember hearing him make comments in the not-too-distant-past along the lines of "I'm a PF, not a C".

minnesotaloyal
03-30-2012, 09:21 AM
he is not a scientist, so no, he is just playing good basketball.

joycefwcg
03-30-2012, 09:49 AM
http://www.vvio.info/jpg1he is not a scientist, so no, he is just playing good basketball.
he is just playing good basketball.

Correctnicity
03-30-2012, 09:52 AM
Like a few have said, it's because the center position is so weak but he's still got enough left to push them around.

IndyRealist
03-30-2012, 09:59 AM
It was a natural move as he aged, so he can guard players who aren't as quick as face up PF's. Dallas moves Kidd to SG at some point every game for the same reason, he's too slow to guard PG's anymore.

thekmp211
03-30-2012, 10:45 AM
It was a natural move as he aged, so he can guard players who aren't as quick as face up PF's. Dallas moves Kidd to SG at some point every game for the same reason, he's too slow to guard PG's anymore.

sorry this is a fallacy as far as KG is concerned. he's still probably the best defensive "4" in the league. no one was blowing by KG.

the reason he's been playing so much 5 is because we dont have a real center. the celtics most talented lineup is bass at the 4 and kg at the five. with kg at the 4, boston has to play stiemsma or hollins. bass is a much, much MUCH better player. shifting KG over makes it work and it's actually gone better than expected. but it has nothing to do with him losing a step versus power forwards, at all.

Heediot
03-30-2012, 11:26 AM
Lanky big men age better. AKA Camby.