PDA

View Full Version : Which team has made the worst draft choices since 2002? And who did your team pass up

ATLPRIMETIME21
03-29-2012, 11:44 PM
With me being an Atlanta Hawks fan I of course am going to say Atlanta just because of our horrible #2 pick in the 2005 draft of Marvin Williams and then our #5 pick the next year of Shelden Williams. oh and I almost forgot about the 04 draft where we chose Josh Childress at #6 before Iggy, Jameer Nelson and even our best player now Josh Smith who we took at #17.

Blitzbolt
03-30-2012, 12:04 AM
This is easy as pie.

We traded Love for Mayo(which is not as bad as it looks) and Got Haseam Thabeet with our 2 overall pick in 2009 and just recently got another bust with the 11 overall xavier henry.

I don't even want to name the others to depressing.

Cal827
03-30-2012, 12:05 AM
Raptors:

2003- Bosh over Wade
2004- Araujo over Igoudala
2005- Villanueva over Bynum, Graham over Granger
2006- Bargnani over Rondo, Gay, Roy
2007- No Pick
2008- O'neal over Hibbert (trade on draft day sending Hibbert to Indiana)
2009- Derozan over Jennings, Lawson (This one is TBD though)

:facepalm:

topdog
03-30-2012, 12:14 AM
With me being an Atlanta Hawks fan I of course am going to say Atlanta just because of our horrible #2 pick in the 2005 draft of Marvin Williams and then our #5 pick the next year of Shelden Williams. oh and I almost forgot about the 04 draft where we chose Josh Childress at #6 before Iggy, Jameer Nelson and even our best player now Josh Smith who we took at #17.

The Hawks have made everyone look better in the draft. Marvin Williams when they needed a Deron Williams or Chris Paul and are you kidding me! Williams about 8 spots too soon over Gay (who far too many teams passed on), Roy, ect.

Wolves:
-Lost picks for signing Joe Smith :(
-Foye over Gay (and Roy, but I'm more upset about the Gays... not being in MN)
-Brewer over just about anyone else ...let's say Thad Young
+Love was a good choice (but didn't make sense with Big Al)
-Flynn over Collison, Derozan, Lawson, ect.
+Rubio for tablescraps
-Wes J over Paul "the G" George or Greg Monroe

Gators123
03-30-2012, 12:19 AM
Darko over everybody else from the 2003 draft. It was the right pick at the time though.

Hawkeye15
03-30-2012, 12:31 AM
This is easy as pie.

We traded Love for Mayo(which is not as bad as it looks) and Got Haseam Thabeet with our 2 overall pick in 2009 and just recently got another bust with the 11 overall xavier henry.

totally. Average NBA starter at best, for a multiple time all star, and MVP candidate for years to come. Not bad at all.

kobebabe
03-30-2012, 12:34 AM

Yeah meh, i remember that draft. When they selected marvin williams over chris paul (which was pretty much a no brainer) i was like "are you ****ing kidding me!"

marvILLous
03-30-2012, 12:34 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Ub9a6hOQT90/R93VDMHa5DI/AAAAAAAAADU/mjOcJxNu1XE/s320/rafael_araujo-arton20847-240x240.jpg

Laces-Out
03-30-2012, 12:35 AM
Darko over everybody else from the 2003 draft. It was the right pick at the time though.

umm melo would have been dope in det

NetSymptom
03-30-2012, 12:37 AM
Nets are pretty awful. What good selections we did make are now playing elsewhere.

'02- Nenad Krstic
'03- Zoran Planinic
'04- Viktor Khryapa (Traded)
'05- Antoine Wright
'06- Josh Boone
'06- Marcus Williams
'07- Sean Williams
'08- Brook Lopez (Only 'good' player we kept)
'09- Terrence Williams
'10- Damion James (Always Hurt)
'11- Marshon Brooks (Struggling now)
'11- Jordan Williams (We'll see, nothing special)

Our Good selections, besides Lopez, were:

'10- Derrick Favors- Traded for Deron, so not a bad pick
'08- Ryan Anderson- Traded so we could dump Vince Carter
'08 (2nd RD) Chris Douglas Roberts- Traded later to Milwaukee for some reason

Jint.
03-30-2012, 12:38 AM
At the time I thought the Grizz got the better deal of the Mayo/Love deal... Crazy

Hawkeye15
03-30-2012, 12:40 AM
At the time I thought the Grizz got the better deal... Crazy

I pat myself on the back for that one. I never understood the Mayo love.

Gators123
03-30-2012, 12:46 AM

Yeah, in hindsight.

http://www.pistonpowered.com/2010/09/myth-detroit-pistons-picking-darko-milicic-over-carmelo-anthony-with-the-no-2-pick-in-the-2003-nba-draft-was-an-avoidable-blunder/

xk4
03-30-2012, 01:37 AM
Portland isn't consistently the worst, but they've made a some of the worst mistakes ever.

Oden over Durant
Martell Webster over Bynum
Sam Bowie over MICHAEL JORDAN

CubbieBlueprint
03-30-2012, 01:56 AM
Tyrus Thomas over LaMarcus Aldridge. Best thing that happened to the Bulls, we got D. Rose instead.

asandhu23
03-30-2012, 01:59 AM
Warriors. End thread.

samevans7
03-30-2012, 02:06 AM
The Worst Of the Entire NBA

2003: #2 Darko over Melo, Wade
2004: #8 Ara˙jo over Iguodala
2005: #2 Marvin over Deron, CP3
2006: #3 Morrison over Rondo, Gay, Roy
2007: #1 Oden over Durant
2008: #8 Joe Alexander over Hibbert, McGee, Brook Lopez, Serge,
2009: #2 Thabeet over Harden, Rubio, Evans, Curry, Jennings, Derozan, etc
2010: #7 Udoh over Monroe, George

SugeKnight
03-30-2012, 06:08 AM
Oden over Durant was the right pick. Nobody knew his body would be that fragile.

sf-fanatic
03-30-2012, 06:39 AM
Warriors haven't really drafted a superstar franchise type in forever, but they have drafted several solid nba players (most play elsewhere jrich, belinelli, pietrus, dunleavy, murphy) and hit some home runs in the second round like gilbert arenas, monta ellis)

2001 picks
Murphy
Jrich
Gilbert

looked like a great draft a couple years after 2001

thenaj17
03-30-2012, 06:54 AM
Raptors:

2003- Bosh over Wade
2007- No Pick

Some deals in hindsight don't look so good but you still got Bosh, Bargnani and Derozan all good players. Not as good as you could have done but there are teams who have done a lot worse

Blazers#1Fan
03-30-2012, 06:55 AM
Oden over Durant was the right pick. Nobody knew his body would be that fragile.

no it wasnt look at college stats and tell me it was the right pick we had joel pryzbilla(center) and travis outlaw(Small Forward) pryzbilla was better then outlaw so SF & C were both needs so why not pick the better player stats wise not the better player size wise

if we knew what we knew today

2003 - travis outlaw over kendrick Perkins(not a big deal took awhile for perkins to develop into a alright player)
2004 - Sebastian Telfair over Josh Smith
2005 - Martel Webster over DWill,CP3,Bynum,Granger,David Lee
2006 - good draft besides Roy's bad Knees(if we didnt trade for roy could of had Rondo,Gay)
2007 - Oden Over Durant Even Horford,Marc Gasol,Noah
2008 - Brandon Rush(Trade for Bayless) Over Hibbert Ibaka
2009 - Victor Claver over D.Blair(could still be good never know until claver comes from over seas
2010 - nobody good after 22 pick
2011 - Nolan Smith over Kennth Faried

if we picked right and everything turned out the same this could of been the team

C Perkins/Hibbert
PF Aldridge/Blair
SF Josh Smith/Gay
SG Durant/Batum
PG CP3/Nolan Smith

thats a all-star team easily but it would of never turned out like this

thenaj17
03-30-2012, 06:57 AM
The Hawks have made everyone look better in the draft. Marvin Williams when they needed a Deron Williams or Chris Paul and are you kidding me! Williams about 8 spots too soon over Gay (who far too many teams passed on), Roy, ect.

Wolves:
-Lost picks for signing Joe Smith :(
-Foye over Gay (and Roy, but I'm more upset about the Gays... not being in MN)
-Brewer over just about anyone else ...let's say Thad Young
+Love was a good choice (but didn't make sense with Big Al)
-Flynn over Collison, Derozan, Lawson, ect.
+Rubio for tablescraps
-Wes J over Paul "the G" George or Greg Monroe

You still have the top PF in the league (consensus, but not sure i agree) and also a top PG for the future, it's not that bad.

LGhost
03-30-2012, 07:15 AM
Bulls - Rose over Beasley :no:

Valkyrie
03-30-2012, 07:19 AM
Bulls - Rose over Beasley :no:

lol.

The Heat picked Beasley over Love and Wesbtrook. If we would have drafted Love or Russ, maybe the events would have been different. I mean, even a leaf dropping can alter the future. But imagine

Westbrook/Wade/James/Bosh/Joel
Chalmers/Wade/James/Love/Bosh

Beasley was basically a salary dump to sign mike miller and haslem...

Cal827
03-30-2012, 09:49 AM
Some deals in hindsight don't look so good but you still got Bosh, Bargnani and Derozan all good players. Not as good as you could have done but there are teams who have done a lot worse

Oh I know they are good players.Not too angry with the picks on talent: wade wasn't supposed to be the superstar he became. Its just annoying to me when I look back and knowing we could have had a team like:

Pg
Igoudala
Granger or Gay
Bosh
Bynum

Knowing that the Pf/C and Sf/Sg combo complement each other really well, we would just need a pass first/defending pg and that's a good starting 5.

Charlie V was bad b/c we already had Bosh at Pf. Same with bargs, I probably would have said the exact same if we picked aldridge 1st too.
Graham was the better pick at the time, but unfortunately it didn't work out.
The one that annoys me most Araujo. He was projected 2nd round or late first and we picked him 8th lol.

Blitzbolt
03-30-2012, 12:46 PM
Mayo has super star talent but he is an Uptempo/Fast break guy and the Grizzlies are a inside team its totally killing his stats.

Last 3 years the Grizzlies are 29th or last in 3 point attends and that's bad news for a guy like Mayo.

Gators123
03-30-2012, 12:52 PM
Mayo has super star talent but he is an Uptempo/Fast break guy and the Grizzlies are a inside team its totally killing his stats.

Last 3 years the Grizzlies are 29th or last in 3 point attends and that's bad news for a guy like Mayo.

Uh, No.

Celticsfan2007
03-30-2012, 01:57 PM

Someone's a homer, OJ Mayo sucks... he can't even beat out Tony Allen for the starting job

Raps18-19 Champ
03-30-2012, 02:00 PM
This is easy as pie.

Your team never wanted Love to begin with. They originally wanted Mayo. So it's not as if the deal was bad since they never wanted Love to begin with.

benzni
03-30-2012, 02:01 PM
Raptors:

2003- Bosh over Wade
2007- No Pick

imo these are not bad picks. of course rondo or gay over bargnani would have been better but other than that, that is a rough draft selection

ATLPRIMETIME21
03-30-2012, 08:34 PM
Yeah meh, i remember that draft. When they selected marvin williams over chris paul (which was pretty much a no brainer) i was like "are you ****ing kidding me!"

I remember hearing Stuart Scott say "well looks like the Atlanta Hawks GM knows something that the rest of the world doesnt know about Marvin Williams." And then in the second round the word was the Atlanta Hawks wanted to take Monta Ellis who had did several workouts for them. They gave every indication on draft night we were taking him, which at the time I had not heard much about him but I was thinking to myself thats why they get paid millions of dollars. Then who do we draft instead of Ellis who was still available ****ing Salim Stoudamire

KingPosey
03-30-2012, 09:03 PM

I never thought Darko was the right pick. I didnt get the hype AT ALL.

netsgiantsyanks
03-30-2012, 09:29 PM
antoine wright over danny granger.

LakersA's49ers
03-30-2012, 09:39 PM
it seem like the warriors cat draft a big man for nothing. randolph,diogu,obryant,joe smith,biedrins(who wasnt too horrible till about 2-3 years back) and possibly udoh(he was doing so well this year under M.Jax coaching style, so of course they traded him) i feel bad for the fans. theyve been very good at drafting guards though. even bellinelli would have been a decent guard in the right system

Gators123
03-30-2012, 09:56 PM
I never thought Darko was the right pick. I didnt get the hype AT ALL.

Most people thought it was the right pick though. Even one NBA scout said he wasn't sure if LeBron should be picked ahead of Darko.

VinceCarter
03-30-2012, 10:11 PM
Nets had rough drafts except for 2008, 2010 and 2011:

2003: Zoran Planinic over Mo Williams and Kendrick Perkins
2004: No Pick
2005: Antoine Wright over Danny Granger and half the 2nd rounders
2006: Marcus Williams and Josh Boone over Kyle Lowry and Paul Millsap
2007: Sean Williams over Wilson Chandler
2008: Brook Lopez over Roy Hibbert? Not a bad draft year at all also got Ryan Anderson at 21 but over Batum which is questionable/TBD
2009: Terrance Williams over Ty Lawson, Jeff Teague, and Jrue Holiday
2010: Derrick Favors over DeMarcus Cousins and Greg Monroe but these are TBD
2011: Traded JaJuan Johnson for MarShon Brooks --- Looks great so far

jimbobjarree
03-30-2012, 10:20 PM
Pistons or Blazers for the big mistakes, Hawks for consistant mistakes.

kudos to Kings and Spurs

dc5jdm
03-30-2012, 10:59 PM
I remember draft night 05 when I wanted the Lakers to draft Gerald Green, they drafted Bynum I was like Wtf really. Lol good job Mitch. I thought green was the second coming of tmac

LASportsFan1996
03-31-2012, 02:29 AM
totally. Average nba starter at best, for a multiple time all star, and mvp candidate for years to come. Not bad at all.

lol

VRP723
03-31-2012, 02:48 AM
Wow, from the looks of this thread if teams just listened to you guys they'd have never made all those drafts mistakes.

Like every single person in the world thought Mayo was better than Love at the time of that trade, maybe there were a few exceptions, but I'm sure the majority of you are lying. Same with Marvin, he was a monster coming out of college, everyone who was a legitimate sports fan at the time can't debate that pick. Paul was probably better, it was close, but Deron wasn't.

And then to the people saying like "Bargnani over Rondo", come on, if the Raptors took Rondo first overall the entire front office would have been fired. At that time Rondo wasn't even close to the prospect Bargnani was. Some things you can't predict.

Some big mistakes I can remember that were obvious the whole way were Darko, I thought Villanueva was terrible for a long time, Thabeet, Wesley Johnson over Cousins I didn't understand either.

hgtiger32
03-31-2012, 02:48 AM
Bucks
-Joe Alexander
-Yi Jinlian

*so hard to be a Bucks fan

VRP723
03-31-2012, 02:51 AM
Lol Joe Alexander and Tyrus Thomas prove that if you beat Duke in the tournament you'll be picked way too high. Bodes well for CJ McCollum that little ****.

chong2204
03-31-2012, 03:10 AM
Never understood the pistons love with Darko, they passed on MELO. Those Pistons would of won 1 or 2 more chips if they would of drafted Melo, IMO.

Blazers#1Fan
03-31-2012, 03:52 AM
Wow, from the looks of this thread if teams just listened to you guys they'd have never made all those drafts mistakes.

Like every single person in the world thought Mayo was better than Love at the time of that trade, maybe there were a few exceptions, but I'm sure the majority of you are lying. Same with Marvin, he was a monster coming out of college, everyone who was a legitimate sports fan at the time can't debate that pick. Paul was probably better, it was close, but Deron wasn't.

And then to the people saying like "Bargnani over Rondo", come on, if the Raptors took Rondo first overall the entire front office would have been fired. At that time Rondo wasn't even close to the prospect Bargnani was. Some things you can't predict.

Some big mistakes I can remember that were obvious the whole way wer
Darko, I thought Villanueva was terrible for a long time, Thabeet, Wesley
Johnson over Cousins I didn't understand either.

I always wanted kevin love on the blazers(home town kid) i heard them say kevin love has been traded my heart was beating then they said for oj mayo i was pissed klove is from lake oswego right outside of P-O he was always on the news when he went to lake oswego high i met him a few times his yeam whooped are teams *** in school and he would beast at the YMCA

But your probably right most peole thought oj mayo was KOBE 2.0 just cuz they worked out together in cali

Blazers#1Fan
03-31-2012, 03:57 AM
Never understood the pistons love with Darko, they passed on MELO. Those Pistons would of won 1 or 2 more chips if they would of drafted Melo, IMO.

I never liked that move just cuz i never cared much about over seas prospects unless they play american college i didnt even know who darko was but melo was always in SI so i wanted him #2 so it would of been a big rivalry between lbj & melo turns out there both headcases even T.O. Would shake his head

Blazers#1Fan
03-31-2012, 04:01 AM
Bucks
-Joe Alexander
-Yi Jinlian

*so hard to be a Bucks fan

But they got a top 10 back court now there doing alright now i think id hate to be a nets fan more bucks will win a championship before nets

I know if the nets or hornets get a top 3 the draft is rigged nets going to brooklyn money for the league hornets league owned

JWO35
03-31-2012, 11:20 AM
I remember when the Pistons drafted Darko, I didn't even know who the **** he was at the time. I wanted Carmelo...

gattaca
03-31-2012, 11:48 AM
I freely admit that I am no expert at drafting, (In 2006, when the Raps picked first, I was pretty high on Randy Foye and Adam Morrison).

When my Raptors were picking in 2005 with the 16th pick, I was surprised that Danny Granger was still on the board. It was a no-brainer to me, but we went with Joey Graham.

Joey Graham, I believe, isn't even in the NBA any more. Danny Granger has been to an All Star Game

gattaca
03-31-2012, 11:53 AM

exactly. it happens every year. This thread has too much 20/20 Hindsight in it.
We didn't need someone at Wade's position that year for example. Bosh was a great pick.

In the long run, picking Bargs over Roy has been better too.

It's when your pick is a total bust that sucks

tkshy
03-31-2012, 11:57 AM
Raptors:

2003- Bosh over Wade
2007- No Pick

Sorry this is sad...just take the first 4 years... and swapped Maxiell for Granger cause they would have drafted for need at this point. A starting line up of...
Pg-Rondo
Sg-Wade
Sf-Igoudala
Pf-Maxiell
C-Bynum
Thats just 03-06 so they all would have been under their rookie contracts...looks a lot better than what they started.

Also, Rondo cause they would have been picking later than #1 if they had Wade.

Wolfman01
03-31-2012, 02:36 PM
T-Wolves is one of the worst team to draft players in the NBA.

T-Wolves draft history
2003 - drafted Ndubi Ebi with 26th pick, could of got Kendrick Perkins 27th pick, Leandro Barbosa 28th pick and Josh Howard 29th pick.

2004 - No first round pick

2005 - drafted Rashad McCants 14th pick, could of got Danny Granger 17th.

2006 - drafted Brandon Roy 6th pickand traded for Randy Foye 7th pick(I never understood this trade at all and the T-Wolves were pretty much only helping the Blazers in this trade while they don't really get anything good back in this trade except 6th pick exchange for 7th pick.)

2007 - drafted Corey Brewer 7th pick, could of got Joakim Noah 9th pick (Both Florida Gators player who help Florida win back to back national championship.)

2008 - Drafted O.J. Mayo 3rd pick and traded for Kevin Love 5th pick (I was mad about this trade and wanted O.J. Mayo to go to the T-Wolves instead but the T-Wolves got the better end of this trade.)

2009 - drafted Ricky Rubio 5th pick and Jonny Flynn 6th pick, drafted back to back point guard which raised some eyebrows. Could of got Stephen Curry 7th pick, DeMar DeRozan 9th pick and Brandon Jennings 10th pick.

2010 - drafted Wesley Johnson 4th pick and could of got DeMarcus Cousins. Many teams didn't want to draft DeMarcus Cousins due to his behavior and immaturity.

2011- Derrick Williams(good draft pick)

Okay so since 2003 - 2011 the T-Wolves have a total of 6 players who are draft bust and some are no longer in the NBA. T-Wolves would of been a very good team like 2 or 3 years ago but they lack of drafting players.

Baller1
03-31-2012, 03:22 PM
Sonics with the triple threat.

Robert Swift, Johan Petro, and Mohammed Sene in succession. Sweet.

zookman65
06-05-2012, 11:39 AM
Yeah, in hindsight.

http://www.pistonpowered.com/2010/09/myth-detroit-pistons-picking-darko-milicic-over-carmelo-anthony-with-the-no-2-pick-in-the-2003-nba-draft-was-an-avoidable-blunder/

thats how you analyze organizational success and strategy decisions Gator123 - in hindsight. It's a cop out to always say it "was the right choice at the time". You can say that about anything. A more accurate analysis would be it was a flyer, we took a chance, it didnt pay off, we miscalculated etc. It kills me that Portland keeps saying Oden and Bowie were the right choices. This is because the organization continues to hold on to the dogma that you must have a great big guy to win. They passed on Jordan and Durrant - Nice call.

zookman65
06-05-2012, 11:48 AM

Totally disagree. There was analysis at the time that thought Durant would be the better NBA player with his scoring ability coupled with length and ability to create any shot needed. Plenty of examples of teams that were built around dynamic guard/forward types without dominant center. Portland was stuck in old school thinking and suffered with both Bowie and Oden. Even if Oden were 100% healthy he still may not have been as impactful as Durant. But if it makes you feel better you can always resort to calling any bad choice - "the right pick"

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-05-2012, 11:48 AM
nvm

DaLyingofJungl3
06-05-2012, 11:54 AM
Michael Beasely over Derrick Rose
:(

Hawkeye15
06-05-2012, 11:56 AM
This is easy as pie.

Even if you don't include the other moving parts of that trade, which also favor the Wolves, you have to be kidding me. Love is a 2nd team all NBA selection, Mayo is about to hit free agency as an average SG who thinks he is a PG.

DaLyingofJungl3
06-05-2012, 12:03 PM
OJ is not a point guard.
hes gets u 2-3 assist @ the most

Stinkyoutsider
06-05-2012, 12:31 PM
I agree with the Tyrus Thomas over LaMarcus Aldridge point. I was happy we finally got the big we needed (with some scoring ability) to start improving the team and making the playoffs, just to trade him for Tyrus Thomas!

MTL_123
06-05-2012, 01:41 PM
miami is really bad at drafting players we were lucky to get Wade. Pat Riley wanted to draft Chris Kamen until the last min wen someone told him to draft Wade

cle12152433
06-05-2012, 02:13 PM
How about the Cavaliers taking Luke Jackson at #10 in the 2004 draft. This pick probably cost them a championship.

topdog
06-05-2012, 05:18 PM
Sonics with the triple threat.

Robert Swift, Johan Petro, and Mohammed Sene in succession. Sweet.

It was about time when Ibaka finally turned out.

shep33
06-05-2012, 05:27 PM
Without even thinking...Toronto Raptors.

I remember when they drafted Raphael Aroujau or whatever his name is, and at the draft Tom Tolbert who worked for ESPN said "who?"

shep33
06-05-2012, 05:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzI2kqSrBFk&feature=related

This guy was somehow suppose to be the future of Toronto? Darn you Rob Babcock

DR_1
06-05-2012, 06:36 PM
Someone's a homer, OJ Mayo sucks... he can't even beat out Tony Allen for the starting job

Not really true, he is a 6th man just like Harden (also behind a defensive guy, Thabo).

popo85
06-05-2012, 06:43 PM
02' Clippers took Wilcox over Amare
02' Lakers took Rush over Prince
03' Darko over a whole list of good players

greg_ory_2005
06-05-2012, 06:46 PM
Raptors. :(

sunsfan88
06-05-2012, 06:58 PM
Suns take the cake easily on this one. We passed on Igoudala, Deng, Rondo, Lawson, Hibbert, MarShon and Gortat (nowe we got him back though)

popo85
06-05-2012, 07:02 PM
Suns take the cake easily on this one. We passed on Igoudala, Deng, Rondo, Lawson, Hibbert, MarShon and Gortat (nowe we got him back though)

Suns drafted Rondo then traded him.

topdog
06-05-2012, 07:04 PM
I wish I had watched more Wizards games. Here are some of my favorites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDzRvZcFn48&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciL7GiaXnI8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yaae43_FNp4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9Ur8rtAinI&feature=related (2 minute mark onward)

heattiltheend94
i think detroit wins this just with 03

Baller1
Not really true, he is a 6th man just like Harden (also behind a defensive guy, Thabo).

Yeah, but Mayo isn't even worthy of licking Harden's gooch.

topdog
06-05-2012, 07:05 PM
Suns drafted Rondo then traded him.

Same with Gortat.

Spacolie716
06-05-2012, 07:08 PM
For my Bucks, I say Bogut now since he's gone, not to mention he only had like maybe 2 good seasons, rest were mediocre at best. Not to mention we passed up on Paul, Williams, and Bynum. Then Yi Jianlian in 06', (although that was kind of a weak draft to begin with). Then Joe Alexander in 08' over Lopez, Hibbert, Batum, Ibaka. A bonus crap idea was trading Dirk in the 98' draft for Tractor Traylor.

jimm120
06-05-2012, 07:31 PM
Yeah, in hindsight.

That article is pretty biased. There are MANY people doing mock drafts and guessing where things went. At the time, the main concensus was that Melo could even go toe to toe with LeBron (though everyone had LeBron going #1).

The article mentions this one guy. Sorry, but the majority of people had Melo at #2 or saying that he'd be nearly as good as LeBron, just not the #1 pick.

Gram
06-05-2012, 07:34 PM

This is actually true. We'd also have Lawson/Galinari/Wilson Chandler right now - wish it happened.

Lawson
Knight
Gallo
Chandler
Monroe.

Better than what we have. :facepalm:

gilly
06-05-2012, 07:55 PM
Sixers:
- 2011 - Vucevic over Faried
- 2008 - Speights over Hibbert, McGee
- 2006 - Carney over Rondo
- 2003 - not having a good pick in this of all years
- 2002 - Jiri Welsch over Prince, Boozer
- 2001 - Dalembert over Parker
- 2000 - the worst one: LARRY HUGHES OVER DIRK NOWITSKI AND PAUL PIERCE
- 1997 - Van Horn over Billups
- 1995 - Stackhouse over Wallace, Garnett (not that bad but still bad)
- 1984 - Leon Wood over Stockton

(I'm bored so I went back a while... we're not the worst by any stretch but it's sad to see who we could have had)

the_jon
06-05-2012, 07:56 PM
Rafael Araujo

popo85
06-05-2012, 07:58 PM
Sixers:

- 2000 - the worst one: LARRY HUGHES OVER DIRK NOWITSKI AND PAUL PIERCE

That was in 98'