PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Bynum Will Continue Shooting 3's

*Superman*
03-29-2012, 10:32 PM
One night after sitting All-Star center Andrew Bynum for all but 5:23 of the second half in his team's 104-101 win over the Golden State Warriors on Wednesday night, Los Angeles Lakers coach Mike Brown has no plans to alter his decision-making process.

"I'm going to coach the team how I think I need to coach it. It's as simple as that," Brown said Wednesday after practice in El Segundo. "If I feel like I need to make a sub, then I'll make a sub. If I feel like we're not getting production from certain guys out on the floor -- production the right way -- then I'll make a change. I don't think it's any more complicated than that."

Bynum was removed from Tuesday's game at the 9:33 mark of the third quarter after attempting a 3-pointer from the top of the key early in the shot clock with the Lakers holding on to a quickly-diminishing six-point lead. He started the fourth, but was removed in favor of Josh McRoberts with 9:10 remaining in the game and did not return.

"That's something that I felt could have taken us out of rhythm, and so that's why I took him out of the game," Brown said Tuesday of Bynum's ill-timed 3-point shot. "I brought him back for a little bit and then I took him out again and I just felt it was best to go with the group that we had out there."

He took me out of the game, so I just sat where he put me," Bynum said.

As for the shot prompting his removal, Bynum, who is 1 of 7 from beyond the arc in his seven-year career, showed little remorse, saying he hoped to "expand his game" with more perimeter shooting.

"I guess, 'Don't take 3s' is the message, but I'm going to take another one and I'm going to take some more, so I just hope it's not the same result," Bynum said in Oakland. "Hopefully, I make it."

Brown said he hadn't seen Bynum's comments, but showed no outward displeasure when they were communicated to him.

"I'm OK (with it). He can say anything he wants," Brown said. "At the end of the day, if I feel like a guy isn't playing the right way for our team, I'll make a change. I don't know if there's any more than that."

Brown gave no indication he had communicated individually with Bynum, but that his young center was a full participant in practice Wednesday "and was great." Bynum also has been critical of Brown's practice and shootaround schedule this season, but Brown said things are fine between the two.

"I don't think there's anything wrong with our relationship." Brown said.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/7749212/los-angeles-lakers-mike-brown-stands-andrew-bynum-substitution

Seems like he wishes he was traded to the Magic now. :laugh2:

theDOC
03-29-2012, 10:37 PM
he should just quit acting like a ******* and taking threes.

tredigs
03-29-2012, 10:39 PM
Bynum's like "**** it, I'm better than Kobe and he takes whatever he wants and you don't say ****. I guess I will too".

Trouble in Lakerland.

Fnom11
03-29-2012, 10:41 PM
Feel bad for Brown because he's right for benching the baby but it'll probably cost him his job.

PatsSoxKnicks
03-29-2012, 10:41 PM
Bynum's like "**** it, I'm better than Kobe and he takes whatever he wants and you don't say ****. I guess I will too".

Trouble in Lakerland.

Go Bynum. I mean if Kobe is allowed to take fadeaway 3s with 3 defenders draped all over him, why shouldn't Bynum be allowed to take an open 3? (I assume it was open).

Yay for bad shot selection.

*Superman*
03-29-2012, 10:42 PM
What I don't get is why doesn't he develop some kind of a mid-range jump shot before he gets all the way out to the 3 point line, if he is trying to"expand his game"?

Blitzbolt
03-29-2012, 10:44 PM
So that last second 3 he made vs us(Memphis) on Sunday was his first ever 3 LOL.

tredigs
03-29-2012, 10:45 PM
What I don't get is why doesn't he develop some kind of a mid-range jump shot before he gets all the way out to the 3 point line, if he is trying to"expand his game"?

Good point. Does Bynum realize his game is gross outside of 8 feet? Maybe we shouldn't run before we crawl there turbo.

mavwar53
03-29-2012, 10:55 PM

Trouble in Lakerland.

I truly think that is what he's thinking and he has a good case, IMO he could be the most effective player on that team and the best C in the league if they would get him the ball, and Kobe chucking up shots instead of getting him the ball is starting to piss him off.

Ill21
03-29-2012, 11:01 PM
Wow Bynum is a douche.

CudiOnMyiPod
03-29-2012, 11:04 PM
The gap between Howard and Bynum is closing very slowly.

blahblahyoutoo
03-29-2012, 11:38 PM
i agree, he should take more 3's.

PleaseBeNice
03-29-2012, 11:49 PM
I can only imagine if DeMarcus said this

*Superman*
03-29-2012, 11:54 PM
I can't imagine what would happen if he were to play football.

http://www.nba.com/games/20120329/OKCLAL/gameinfo.html?ls=gt2hp0021100756#nbaGIboxscore

Gibby23
03-29-2012, 11:54 PM
I can only imagine if DeMarcus said this

He is on a garbage team so nobody would care. Isn't his shooting% about the same as Kobe?

Laces-Out
03-30-2012, 12:20 AM
Shaq took 22 in his career and manage to only make 1

C_Mund
03-30-2012, 12:46 AM

hahaha, I love it. Could you imagine him ripping down a d-board, charging to half and letting go a floater?
"Whatever, man. Just expanding my game."

DerekRE_3
03-30-2012, 12:50 AM
No threes yet tonight...:sad2:

PleaseBeNice
03-30-2012, 01:03 AM
He is on a garbage team so nobody would care. Isn't his shooting% about the same as Kobe?

Ok, mature response, but I expect it from a fan like you. My first question to you is then how come everything DeMarcus does is blown out of proportion and scrutinized? Surely that wouldn't happen if nobody cared. My second question to you comes in two parts. 1) What does shooting percentage have to do with my statement? And have you looked at DeMarcus's offensive rebounding numbers? If so, I dont see why shooting % is a big deal if he gets the ball back within seconds and puts it in on his next attempt. and 2) I guess because we are bringing up irrelevant subject matters I'll ask you this, have you seen LeBrons shooting %? Inb4 some mundane statement about championships.

DerekRE_3
03-30-2012, 01:05 AM

It's amazing how few people are ready to Boogie.

Teeboy1487
03-30-2012, 01:46 AM
Boogie sucks. He attempted 12 3s this year and only made 2 of them ;). 1 more than Bynum I guess.

Raph12
03-30-2012, 01:46 AM
No 3pters taken tonight; 25-13-4, playing like everyone wants him to and doing it well.

daWarriorz21
03-30-2012, 01:50 AM
homeboy is getting cocky..i hate his *** even more

BlinkManJan02
03-30-2012, 02:19 AM
I wanna see every one of them.

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-30-2012, 02:22 AM

Trouble in Lakerland.

You know what, as a Laker fan, I never thought of this, and I actually think you might be on to something here.

sf-fanatic
03-30-2012, 03:34 AM
Bynum is just trying to add something to his game that Howard can't do.

thenaj17
03-30-2012, 05:19 AM
hahaha, I love it. Could you imagine him ripping down a d-board, charging to half and letting go a floater?

LMAO, i just laughed out loud to this, classic!

thenaj17
03-30-2012, 05:29 AM
You know what, as a Laker fan, I never thought of this, and I actually think you might be on to something here.

As soon as Bynum threw that 3, i knew he was doing it because Kobe was relentlessly dribbling around before chucking a couple ill advised shots and so wanted to show Kobe that he can do it too.

After watching each game this past month, i started thinking how arrogant he's starting to become. The double tech he got the other week showed how bad he's gotten. Almost on Kobe's level for arguing with calls now so no wonder Kobe is backing him.

Not sure he'd have Bynum's back as much if he realised that Bynum is acting out against Kobe jacking up a ridiculous amount of shots. Not like Bynum or Gasol haven't complained about getting the ball inside more so this has been boiling for a while now.

KnicksorBust
03-30-2012, 10:21 AM
Everyone wants to tear down Bynum but Coach Brown is doing a terrible job handling this situation. He could have easily talked to Bynum in the moment or after the game and squashed this whole issue. Now it's a back and forth in the media where they both look bad and it comes right off the heels of the Kobe Bryant benching. He's running a risk here. His status as "Laker's Coach" is more likely to be changed than Kobe and Bynum's status as "Laker's Player."

Correctnicity
03-30-2012, 10:23 AM
LOL. That would be great and unfortunately judging by his comments, it doesn't seem far off from the realm of possibility.

Lakerfan In NY
03-30-2012, 01:44 PM
HAHA! Bynum better than Kobe. That's funny. So you would start a team with Bynum over Kobe. Dumb a22e2. Bynum is a baby. Not mentality tough in anyway. Doesn't bring it every night. He gets 30 & his man gets 25 & everyone proclaims him the best. He's a head case just watch the last play on the Dallas series. His belief that he is better than Kobe & should be the "man" is the biggesst joke I heard in sometime especally since the majority of his point come from alley ops from Kobe or Gasol bc they draw so much attention. This young punk has a rude awakening coming soon. Hopefully it won't be in Lakerland. A Bynum lead team can be sure of one thing...the NBA lottery.

valade16
03-30-2012, 01:53 PM
Whether or not Bynum is better than Kobe at this point in time or whether Kobe shoots too many bad shots is irrelevant.

Kobe had too much of an Ego to share a spotlight with Shaquille O'Neal. Do you really think he's going to be able to share a spotlight with Andre Bynum LOL?

He115ing
03-30-2012, 02:06 PM
Bynum is a dick, never liked him.

FraziersKnicks
03-30-2012, 02:32 PM
Bynum is such a douche.. You've made ONE three pointer in your 7 year career, THAT IS NOT PART OF YOUR GAME.

He wouldn't do this under Phil, so it's this kind of attitude and lack of player control from Brown that's gonna lead to the Lakers demise.

KnicksorBust
03-30-2012, 02:56 PM
Bynum has been a rock for the Lakers this season. He's had so many great 2-way games and with the thinnest Lakers roster in years they are still near the top of the conference. He shoots 1 three-pointer and the coach publicly humiliates him and doesn't even show him the respect of talking to him after the game.

Give me a break. You can throw Bynum under the bus all you want, but Brown belongs right there with him.

*Superman*
03-30-2012, 03:06 PM
He didn't take one last night. Maybe Brown actually sat down with him and set him straight. If not, ride the pine.

*Superman*
03-30-2012, 03:10 PM
Report saying that he has been trouble in the locker room, even before the whole 3 point deal.

All-Star center Andrew Bynum's ill-advised 3-pointer, which prompted coach Mike Brown to bench him for most of the second half of Tuesday's win over the Golden State Warriors, was only "the tip of the iceberg," according to a Lakers insider.

Bynum's shot was the latest in a catalogue of items that have annoyed Brown, his staff, the players and team management over the past few weeks. Brown had seen enough and decided to sit the 7-footer for all but 5minutes, 17 seconds of the second half.

The 24-year-old Bynum has played loud music in the Lakers' locker room, which has been frowned upon over the years. He also has been disrespectful to members of the coaching staff and to his teammates for about the past three weeks.

Brown said Thursday he stood by his decision to remove Bynum from the game. Brown also said the larger situation will be handled internally, with Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak speaking to Bynum about his actions on and off the court.

http://www.dailybreeze.com/lakers/ci_20287946/lakers-notebook-source-says-bynums-behavior-erratic-even

Raph12
03-30-2012, 04:56 PM
Report saying that he has been trouble in the locker room, even before the whole 3 point deal.

http://www.dailybreeze.com/lakers/ci_20287946/lakers-notebook-source-says-bynums-behavior-erratic-even

Top 5 MVP candidate right there...

DerekRE_3
03-30-2012, 05:15 PM
Bynums attitude problems are clearly because of DeMarcus Cousins.

PleaseBeNice
03-30-2012, 05:22 PM
Bynums attitude problems are clearly because of DeMarcus Cousins.

Well duh

Denverbronco007
03-30-2012, 05:35 PM
The Lakers should post Bynum more. He's pretty good around the basket.

Kashmir13579
03-30-2012, 05:43 PM
Go Bynum. I mean if Kobe is allowed to take fadeaway 3s with 3 defenders draped all over him, why shouldn't Bynum be allowed to take an open 3? (I assume it was open).

lol!

Blitzbolt
03-30-2012, 06:15 PM
The Lakers should post Bynum more. He's pretty good around the basket.

captain obvious?

MeLaPelan!
03-30-2012, 06:47 PM
I bet that attention whore Dwight Howard is jealous at all the attention Bynum is getting at the moment.

Denverbronco007
03-30-2012, 08:03 PM
captain obvious?

Lol

Vampirate
03-30-2012, 08:19 PM
So he wants to become Andrea Bargnani? :laugh2:

naps
03-30-2012, 09:10 PM

Trouble in Lakerland.

Agreed 100%.

Bynum should be their #1 option, not that inefficient chucker.