PDA

View Full Version : No NCAA team would ever beat an NBA team

davids22
03-29-2012, 08:15 PM
You guys are forgetting that every player in the NBA is a PROFESSIONAL basketball player. It's what they do all year round. Every player in the NBA was the best or close to the best player on their college team. They all dominated the college scene. Ever since coming out of college, all of these former amateurs have put on weight, muscle, and skills.

People have been drawing references to Charles Barkley's comments as well as former Maryland coach Gary Williams' comments.

Think of it like this people. Here's the Charlotte Bobcats starting 5.
PG - DJ Augustin, drafted 9th overall from Texas.
SG - Gerald Henderson, drafted 12th overall from Duke.
SF - Corey Maggette, drafted 13th overall from Duke.
PF - DJ White, drafted 29th overall from Indiana.
C - Bismack Biyombo, drafted 7th overall from Baloncesto Fuenlabrada.
6th man - Kemba Walker, drafted 9th overall from UConn.

Now, clearly we know some of these players arn't as good as their draft position (namely Corey Maggette), but are you telling me that they couldn't outplay their Kentucky opponent they'd be matched up with? You're saying that someone with 12 years of professional basketball experience would be outplayed by an 18 year old?

The bottom line is, the Kentucky Wildcats have two players who are (potentially) lottery picks. The Bobcats have 4 in their starting lineup, not to mention the experience of playing in the up-pace NBA and having to go against THE BEST basketball players in the world on a night-in night-out basis. I think they could handle a bunch of 18-19 year olds.

TrueFan420
03-29-2012, 08:17 PM
the biggest difference is that one group is a bunch of kids and the other group is men the physical difference is very important at that level

davids22
03-29-2012, 08:20 PM
the biggest difference is that one group is a bunch of kids and the other group is men the physical difference is very important at that level

EXACTLY, which is why it baffles me beyond belief when people suggest it could happen.

ayuntalo
03-29-2012, 08:28 PM
maybe the fab 5? lol

bholly
03-29-2012, 08:37 PM
When you say 'you guys are forgetting' you mean the people talking about this in the other thread about this topic, right? Did it occur to you at all that maybe you should post your opinion on that topic, your response to that thread, in that thread?

5ass
03-29-2012, 08:39 PM
its funny because the only complement we can give that bobcats at this point is "atleast they can beat an NCAA team"

other than biyombo, that team is garbage, they've been in the lottery for years, and still cant figure **** out.

97NYer
03-29-2012, 08:40 PM
Corey at 13 is a steal when you look at his whole career. And i like Kentucky's chances against the Bobcats.

2-ONE-5
03-29-2012, 08:50 PM
Kentucky could at least cover the spread against the Bobcats and I think they could pull of an upset.

DerekRE_3
03-29-2012, 08:53 PM
Corey at 13 is a steal when you look at his whole career. And i like Kentucky's chances against the Bobcats.

Then you are an idiot

michael811
03-29-2012, 09:00 PM
well not any college team now of course but does anyone think one of those Kareem Ucla teams could hang with the bobcats maybe. Kareem would for sure would be the best guy on the court

tredigs
03-29-2012, 09:47 PM
Haha @ Corey Maggette not good enough for his draft position. Really? Say what you will about Maggette, but if an ultra efficient career 20 ppg scorer isn't outperforming his draft pick at #13, then you don't know much about picks >10.

Anyway, yeah. If there's a college squad that would beat an NBA team in a series (in one game - if it's the best versus the worst - stranger things have happened) then I haven't seen them yet.

soonabooma
03-29-2012, 10:32 PM
You're giving the Bobcats too much credit just because they're pros. The truth is, they're a team full of scrubs, they were obviously good enough to make an nba roster, but as a team, they're a joke. They have no coaching, and we all know they have no front office. Everything about that organization is a joke. It's one thing to start out bad and then grow into a good team, that's what we did. But it's straight up embarassing to NEVER get good, and that team has never gotten good. So you're telling me that there's no way that the most talented team in college with one of the best coaches in the business couldn't beat that team? Heck no, Kentucky could definitely beat those chumps.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-29-2012, 10:39 PM
There was barely anyone that said that they would.

Why start the thread?

LongWayFromHome
03-29-2012, 11:10 PM
how is maggette not worth the 13th pick?

LongWayFromHome
03-29-2012, 11:11 PM
some great college team COULD win a game against an NBA team but it would be a massive upset. Like if Kentucky played CHA 100 times, KU could win 1 or 2 with just a lights out game IMO.

bulldog312
03-29-2012, 11:39 PM
Ever? I wouldn't say that. You are telling me if Kentucky played the Wizards or the Bobcats 100 times they would definitely not win once? I can't say I agree with that. The pro team should be very heavy favorites though.

Chronz
03-31-2012, 07:00 PM
I'm with everyone else questioning your decision to call out Maggette

Hawkeye15
03-31-2012, 07:04 PM
the Bobcats would not only beat the Wildcats, they would destroy them.

Gators123
03-31-2012, 07:35 PM
@Keith_Langlois

Asked LFrank about Kentucky beating NBA teams. Can't quote him directly, but suffice to say he finds the entire topic preposterous.