PDA

View Full Version : Steve Nash to the Heat?

mdm692
03-29-2012, 03:38 PM
"I am not going to come back to the suns. . . If theyre not looking to upgrade the roster seriously, and i think they are."

Via paul coro twitter

There the cat's out of the bag so stop the "free nash" bs. There is a plan in place and there is a reason nash is still in PHX, wether he resigns(which he would say he would) is up to the FO.

justinnum1
03-29-2012, 03:40 PM
He said he would think about miami. Riles will take care of the rest, everyone in the heat is on a contract below there actual value. If nash wants a chance at a ring he will be on the heat(or some other contender) next season. The whole loyal to phx is nice and all but the man wants a ring i believe.

Ezio
03-29-2012, 03:43 PM
PHX needs to step up and get him better players.

gwrighter
03-29-2012, 03:46 PM
Nash to the Raptors.

justinnum1
03-29-2012, 03:46 PM
PHX needs to step up and get him better players.

I just dont see phx putting a serious contender together anytime soon. Nash has 3 years at most left imo.

More-Than-Most
03-29-2012, 03:52 PM
I just dont see phx putting a serious contender together anytime soon. Nash has 3 years at most left imo.

false... He will average 20/20 at the age of 50...Like Fine Wine the guy gets better with age

mdm692
03-29-2012, 03:53 PM

the suns only have 6 players under contract this offseasin with an amnesty in their back pocket so technically they only have 5. Thats around 30mill in cap space so if they make the right moves they can probably put a contender together.

jrm2054
03-29-2012, 04:01 PM
I think he is gone to a contender

Ezio
03-29-2012, 04:03 PM
the suns only have 6 players under contract this offseasin with an amnesty in their back pocket so technically they only have 5. Thats around 30mill in cap space so if they make the right moves they can probably put a contender together.

Depends how much he's willing to take for the next season. If he goes to a contender doubt he'll get more than 3 mill a year.

valade16
03-29-2012, 04:10 PM

I'll say it's possible, but who are they going to get?

I mean, next year the Blazers have nearly as much money in cap space as the Suns plus Batum and Aldridge, so I could just as easily say the Blazers could become a dominant team. Heck, they have enough money to sign Deron Williams.

But the problem is Williams will never go there, just like he'll never go to Pheonix. So my question is, who do you envision Pheonix getting in FA this year that can throw them over the hump?

Ebbs
03-29-2012, 04:13 PM
Nash to New York is still on my mind.

As is

Nash to Orlando

Sly Guy
03-29-2012, 04:22 PM
I want him to win a ring....I just really hope it's not with miami.....I know, haters gonna hate, but it's true.

xk4
03-29-2012, 04:24 PM
Three all stars aren't getting the job done...let's add a fourth!

I'd actually like seeing Nash on the Heat, though. If I have to watch those guys get their rings, and it will happen in the next few years, at least let Nash get one too. That would be easier to cheer for

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-29-2012, 04:24 PM

As is

Nash to Orlando

No D'Antoni there anymore, why would he want to go to the Knicks?

Amare is slowly breaking down as we speak.

blastmasta26
03-29-2012, 04:26 PM

As is

Nash to Orlando

With D'Antoni gone, I don't see NY as a viable option for Nash anymore. Not that he wouldn't do well, just that it wouldn't be the best option.

tmacmamba
03-29-2012, 04:27 PM
Steve Nash should go to the Pacers, he would make them a legit contender but i think his loyalty will keep him in Phoenix.

Gibby
03-29-2012, 04:31 PM
Nash to the Raptors.

oh dear god, is that jonas in your sig?

thephoenixson28
03-29-2012, 04:49 PM
I see him going to Miami, or staying in Phx. Phx has cap space, and can maybe go out and get a PF like Garnett, and go out and get someone like Gordon to help the rebuilding process.

I might get knocked for the Garnett comment, but what I have seen what the suns training staff has done with Michael redd. I say why not.

gwrighter
03-29-2012, 04:51 PM
oh dear god, is that jonas in your sig?

yea:D

srfr4life
03-29-2012, 04:52 PM
If he's smart, and we all know he is... He'll look to sign with the Magic.

justinnum1
03-29-2012, 04:54 PM
Come on down to south beach nash:)

thephoenixson28
03-29-2012, 05:11 PM
I say 70% Miami to 30% Suns

justinnum1
03-29-2012, 05:14 PM
He could be saying this to put pressure on phx to get some talent there

Shammyguy3
03-29-2012, 05:19 PM
I'd like to see him land in either Portland, Indiana, or Orlando. All three teams he could help take to the next level imo.

Bishnoff
03-29-2012, 05:33 PM
As a Suns fan, I really can't see us landing any big FA's that will turn us into a contender.

We needed to trade Nash before the season started, or at least before the deadline so we could tank this season and start the rebuilding process with a decent rookie. Now we are borderline out of the lottery because Nash is still a freak and can win games with a bunch of role players.

Cfrey
03-29-2012, 05:50 PM
he's going to miama

SteveNash
03-29-2012, 05:51 PM

So what's the grand scheme?

Sign Deron have him play at SG. Sign and old KG/Duncan to Min. Nash/Hill to Min. Maybe Gerald Wallace off the bench?

davids22
03-29-2012, 06:27 PM
Phoenix Suns point guard Steve Nash, one of the top free agents this summer, joined the Dan Patrick Show this afternoon and made some comments that made ripples around the league.

"I'm not coming back to the Suns if there isn't improvement," Nash told Patrick.

Nash explained he's expecting the Suns to try to make those improvements, but that he's looking forward to becoming a free agent and deciding where to continue his career.

The hypothetical of LeBron James asking Nash to join up in Miami for one last push at a championship was brought up.

"I would listen," Nash said. "He's phenomenal. I love what they're doing there. A lot of people don't like them because they put all that talent there. But they're professional, they play hard, they play together. Their coaching staff has done a great job, so I have a tremendous amount of respect for them.

"I would definitely listen."

It shouldn't surprise anyone the 38-year-old point guard without a world championship might be enticed by the idea of joining a contender that has, what many consider, a relative hole at the point guard slot.

Keeping the Heat in the conversation could be used as leverage in negotiations with other teams. But joining the Heat would mean that Nash would be leaving millions of dollars on the table.

The Heat won't have any salary-cap space next summer, so Nash would have to settle for the mid-level exception if he wanted to join the club.

Plenty of teams, including the Suns, could offer much more money than the Heat.

But for someone who has earned about $120 million during his career, sacrificing some money for winning a title might be palatable to Nash.

The 38-year-old Nash is averaging 12 points and 11 assists with a true shooting percentage (which incorporates 2-point shots, 3-point shots and free throw percentage together) of 62.7.

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/7752775/steve-nash-listen-miami-heat-free-agent

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-29-2012, 06:31 PM
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=707749

Nash on the Heat next season would be scary for the league.

Longhornfan1234
03-29-2012, 06:32 PM
Pat Riley should have traded Wade for Nash, Gortat, and a first round pick during the trade deadline.

davids22
03-29-2012, 06:38 PM
Meh, the idea of Nash on the Heat SOUNDS nice, but does it improve the team to put them over the top? This would effectively allow Nash to run the point, meaning Wade and Lebron are going to have to learn how to create space without the ball and hope Nash can set them up. Obviously the Heat should get Nash if they can (as he's a much better facilitator than Chalmers and can shoot just as good from 3), but they need a legit C or big man down low to clog the paint. I think the whole Heat team as a whole would make up for Nash's lack of defense (like the article stated, plus Lebron would be the one guarding Rose anyways).

PatsSoxKnicks
03-29-2012, 06:39 PM
Pat Riley should have traded Wade for Nash, Gortat, and a first round pick during the trade deadline.

Didn't know they allowed computers in the mental hospitals.

tcav701
03-29-2012, 06:40 PM
He said he would listen to the Heat???? OMFG!!!!1

Its a done deal, hes taking the MLE and going to south beach.

Its official!!!!

LongIslandIcedZ
03-29-2012, 06:42 PM
The Heat need more help

oak2455
03-29-2012, 06:42 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

bluefire7002
03-29-2012, 06:51 PM
He will probably end up with Dallas this summer

justinnum1
03-29-2012, 06:51 PM
Maybe. He knows miami cant offer more than 3mil.

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-29-2012, 06:53 PM
He will probably end up with Dallas this summer

To back up Deron Williams?

I don't think so. Nash will be a Miami Heat, but if the Lakers want to keep Sessions as a backup next season and somehow get rid of Blake over the summer, I can see Nash taking the starting job in LA. (Of course, for LA, it all depends on how they do in the playoffs).

justinnum1
03-29-2012, 06:53 PM
Meh, the idea of Nash on the Heat SOUNDS nice, but does it improve the team to put them over the top? This would effectively allow Nash to run the point, meaning Wade and Lebron are going to have to learn how to create space without the ball and hope Nash can set them up. Obviously the Heat should get Nash if they can (as he's a much better facilitator than Chalmers and can shoot just as good from 3), but they need a legit C or big man down low to clog the paint. I think the whole Heat team as a whole would make up for Nash's lack of defense (like the article stated, plus Lebron would be the one guarding Rose anyways).

What do you mean over the top? Lebron shows up in the finals and we are over the top...

Nash is just icing on the cake:D

TheNumber37
03-29-2012, 06:54 PM
Nash should go to the Lakers, magic... or.my.dream... the thunder.

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-29-2012, 06:55 PM
What do you mean over the top? Lebron shows up in the finals and we are over the top...

Canadian icing, and I mean that sweet flavor. ;)

meloman1592
03-29-2012, 07:00 PM
Scary thought, but they would be worse defensively. Chalmers and Cole are MUCH better defenders than Nash....MUCH

Punk
03-29-2012, 07:02 PM
Wow. He said he'd listen to Miami. He also said he would consider teams like Toronto, NY, Dallas, Phoenix as well.

It's obvious he has no clear cut favorite right now.

mdm692
03-29-2012, 07:06 PM
So what's the grand scheme?

Sign Deron have him play at SG. Sign and old KG/Duncan to Min. Nash/Hill to Min. Maybe Gerald Wallace off the bench?

No but they will probably have to overpay someone like eric gordon or nicolas batum or maybe start a retirement home by signing ray allen and kevin garnette bring redd off the bench

Nash/fa
Allen/redd
Hill/dudley
Garnette/morris
Gortat/frye

who the heck knows but it seems as if FO has something cooking. Ever since they let amare go they stated the main focus was 2012 FA class.

justinnum1
03-29-2012, 07:06 PM
Wow. He said he'd listen to Miami. He also said he would consider teams like Toronto, NY, Dallas, Phoenix as well.

It's obvious he has no clear cut favorite right now.

Obviously, but i also didnt hear him mention any other teams, and if he is ring chasing i cant think of a better team to go to.

theheatles
03-29-2012, 07:08 PM
Nash wants to be a heatle

justinnum1
03-29-2012, 07:08 PM
Scary thought, but they would be worse defensively. Chalmers and Cole are MUCH better defenders than Nash....MUCH

chalmers isnt a very good defender, he gambles way to much and cant keep his man in front. Dont let him shutting down lin make you think he's a good defender. He gets steals and is average on D but commits way to many dumb fouls.

Rio is better defender than nash but i dont think the miami D would suffer to much.

netsgiantsyanks
03-29-2012, 07:15 PM

not sure if serious. :eyebrow:

justinnum1
03-29-2012, 07:16 PM
not sure if serious. :eyebrow:

Oh, he's serious. :laugh2:

Some other classic longhorn posts

:facepalm:

Kobe, CP3, Rose, and Westbrook >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wade.

The Heat should trade Dwyane Wade for D.Williams.

Anyone can lock down Wade.

Cfrey
03-29-2012, 07:17 PM
LOL if there was one team that wouldn't lose a step on the defensive end with the signing of Nash it would be the Heat....

so i think they'd be alright

jmoney85
03-29-2012, 07:30 PM
I can see nash going to the nets if dwill doesnt resign... he lives in NYC during the offseason

PatsSoxKnicks
03-29-2012, 07:32 PM

Guess my comment about having computers in mental institutions was an insult to the people in mental institutions. It appears that monkeys can claim they are more intelligent than a human.

justinnum1
03-29-2012, 07:36 PM
I can see nash going to the nets if dwill doesnt resign... he lives in NYC during the offseason

He would stay in phx before going to another lotto team imo

meloman1592
03-29-2012, 07:38 PM
Yea now that I think about it, the HEAT D wouldn't suffer that much with Nash. they'd easily cover his mistakes

Cubby
03-29-2012, 07:38 PM
Why on earth would he go to NJ? That's ********.

davids22
03-29-2012, 07:41 PM

Actually, that IS a good point. If Lebron showed up in last years finals, the Heat win it easily (IMO). Heat got up 2-1, and probably would have been up 3-0 had they not blown that lead in game 2. Honestly, how far the Heat go in the postseason all hinges on Lebron. Dude was a force to be reckoned with in the Celtics and Bulls series, but not so much in the Finals. Having Lebron do what he does when it matters along with a healthy Nash IS just icing on the cake.

Who knows. These playoffs this year will answer a lot of questions for a lot of teams. But I think its obvious that Nash is gone after this year. Dude wants a ring.

shep33
03-29-2012, 07:45 PM
I might get blasted for this, but I think they're better off with Chalmers. Not saying Chalmers isn't anywhere near Nash's level, but there are some issues with this.

-Nash takes the ball out of Lebron and Wade's hands, and like any other superstars they need the ball in their hands. Out of everyone, this helps Bosh the most, because he'd go pick and roll with Nash all day. Also he's a big downgrade from Chlamers defensively.

I will say that Nash + LBJ + Wade + Bosh would be spectacular in the open court, i mean maybe best ever. But to get the best out of Nash, you have to speed up the tempo, and risk defense for offense in the process.

I love Steve Nash, but to I don't know if this would be as spectacular as people think.

The Heat are already so good, but lets be honest with ourselves, they need a big at the 5 spot more than a pg.

Longhornfan1234

You mad, bro?

Kobe, Westbrook, Rose, and CP3 are having a better season, statistically!

What's wrong with that trade? Wade is 30 years old and injury prone... The Heat need a point guard and a legit center.

dodie53
i'll believe it when i see it

tcav701
03-29-2012, 07:46 PM
The Heat would still only be able to use one ball correct?

Laces-Out
03-29-2012, 07:48 PM
If hes a heat i refuse to watch the NBA...

CudiOnMyiPod
03-29-2012, 07:51 PM
Phoenix has 3 or 4 good players. Nash, Gortat, Hill, and Dudley. Markieff Morris still has to show more. Shannon Brown, Channing Frye, Robin Lopez, Sebastian Telfair, Michael Redd and Hakim Warrick are all at the very best role players.

The only chance Nash stays is if they sign Eric Gordon, Nicolas Batum possibly, and use their draft pick on a scorer off of the bench. Even then, that team wouldn't contend most likely.

I want him to come back to Dallas.

justinnum1
03-29-2012, 07:54 PM
I might get blasted for this, but I think they're better off with Chalmers. Not saying Chalmers isn't anywhere near Nash's level, but there are some issues with this.

-Nash takes the ball out of Lebron and Wade's hands, and like any other superstars they need the ball in their hands. Out of everyone, this helps Bosh the most, because he'd go pick and roll with Nash all day. Also he's a big downgrade from Chlamers defensively.

I will say that Nash + LBJ + Wade + Bosh would be spectacular in the open court, i mean maybe best ever. But to get the best out of Nash, you have to speed up the tempo, and risk defense for offense in the process.

I love Steve Nash, but to I don't know if this would be as spectacular as people think.

The Heat are already so good, but lets be honest with ourselves, they need a big at the 5 spot more than a pg.

no.

metsbulls1025
03-29-2012, 07:55 PM
Some team will offer him a lot more money to come in. IMO he should go to Orlando, but that is just me.

The goods
03-29-2012, 08:00 PM
Nash should go to the Lakers, magic... or.my.dream... the thunder.

The thunder No love for westbrook? Neither needs to be a back-up,maybe westbrook at the 2? I like him better at the 1 personally.

theducksmuggler
03-29-2012, 08:01 PM
He won't go to the heat in my opinion I also don't think he would take them over the top...their problem is how soft they are in the paint, they need a legit big man more then anything

The Final Boss
03-29-2012, 08:08 PM

How did you think PSD was born?

Sofnr
03-29-2012, 08:13 PM
Nash was specifically asked about the Heat and he said he would listen. All that means is he would consider it. There will be plenty of teams with interest in Nash next season who can actually offer him money. All the Heat can offer is the mid level exception. I'm betting he would rather join a team that he can help contend while getting paid then be the fourth option on the Heat for no money. It remains a possiblity but i don't think this interview means he's leaning towards the Heat in any way.

bklynny67
03-29-2012, 08:23 PM
its so funny that the Heat already have the amazing team, and if they don't win again this yr, they might get Nash. Lebron would need 3 other top players at their positions in order to win. its a bit of a joke. i really hope he never wins a title, but if he does after also getting Nash, it wouldn't even matter. it doesn't mean nearly as much if a team wins with Nash, Wade, Lebron, and Bosh on it. it'd be sad and pathetic if they still can't win though.

effen5
03-29-2012, 08:28 PM
Not enough ball to go around

shep33
03-29-2012, 08:34 PM
no.

I actually regret saying that. Essays and exams getting to me

Kyben36
03-29-2012, 08:38 PM
not actualy imtimidated

Wade and James need the ball in their hands, so nash would only take the ball out of it.

Birdmannn
03-29-2012, 08:53 PM
Nash is joining the Heat as a player/coach and is going to take over Spo's job completely as soon as he teaches LBJ and DWade how to play off the ball (for obvious reasons).

thephoenixson28
03-29-2012, 08:54 PM

I actually think it would help lebron. Lebron isn't a Kobe type player were he needs the ball. Not to mention Nash can be off the ball, cuz his shooting ability. If Miami gets Nash no doubt they win a championship.

C_Mund
03-29-2012, 09:15 PM
I actually think it would help lebron. Lebron isn't a Kobe type player were he needs the ball. Not to mention Nash can be off the ball, cuz his shooting ability. If Miami gets Nash no doubt they win a championship.

I agree. We all saw what a PnR looked like with Nash and Marion, imagine Lebron setting the screen and if the off-side defender steps in you have Wade as the secondary cutter. They'd have as many ally-oops as the rest of the league combined.

Fnom11
03-29-2012, 09:23 PM
Nash doesnt miss open shots and can create for himself which is something Cole and Chalmers can't do. He'd be a huge upgrade. I'd rather have a solid center though.

Fnom11
03-29-2012, 09:25 PM
I agree. We all saw what a PnR looked like with Nash and Marion, imagine Lebron setting the screen and if the off-side defender steps in you have Wade as the secondary cutter. They'd have as many ally-oops as the rest of the league combined.

Imagine if Spo realized he had the capability of a Lebron/Wade PnR. Everyone thought it was the Heat's secret weapon for the Playoffs, never happened though.

LakersMaster24
03-29-2012, 09:52 PM
Its amazing that the Heat need a All Star starting 5 to win a ring...

Birdmannn
03-29-2012, 09:54 PM
Its amazing that the Heat need a All Star starting 5 to win a ring...

**** I didnt watch the all star game but did Joel actually make it ?

WVNowitzki
03-29-2012, 09:55 PM
Would make me want to vomit if Nash went to the Heat.

ichitownclowni
03-29-2012, 10:09 PM
I would not blame him a bit. he has tried his hardest year in and year out and wants 1 got dang ring

LakersMaster24
03-29-2012, 10:12 PM
**** I didnt watch the all star game but did Joel actually make it ?

I was exaggerating.

Nash
Wade
Lebron
Bosh
Whoever

Thats pretty much a starting All Star lineup regardless what trash plays center. The point is that teams make it happen with 2 All Stars, or heck even one (Mavs) but the Heat need 2+ to succeed (not that they succeeded yet) So if they do win the ring next year with Nash (assuming he signs there) it wont be as amazing or impressive.

VCaintdead17
03-29-2012, 10:14 PM
I feel like people constantly forget that Nash is one of the best shooters to ever live. He would definitely help them out.

blastmasta26
03-29-2012, 10:22 PM
If Nash does end up with the Heat, would you want to start him or bring him off the bench? I say he would be great off the bench, as his age reduces his minutes plus his skills will be utilized more fully with LeBron and/or Wade off the floor. They would be even more scary to face, as you could have any combination of LeBron, Wade, Nash, and Bosh on the floor.

PacersForLife
03-29-2012, 11:16 PM
If Nash does end up with the Heat, would you want to start him or bring him off the bench? I say he would be great off the bench, as his age reduces his minutes plus his skills will be utilized more fully with LeBron and/or Wade off the floor. They would be even more scary to face, as you could have any combination of LeBron, Wade, Nash, and Bosh on the floor.

He does not play like he is old. He is still in great shape and I don't think there's any question that he starts...

ichitownclowni
03-29-2012, 11:20 PM
Starter for sure

Jenceman
03-29-2012, 11:24 PM
Even if Nash never has the ball in his hands, he's such a good shooter that I don't think any team save for one or two could beat Miami.

h2r09
03-29-2012, 11:36 PM
I was exaggerating.

Nash
Wade
Lebron
Bosh
Whoever

Thats pretty much a starting All Star lineup regardless what trash plays center. The point is that teams make it happen with 2 All Stars, or heck even one (Mavs) but the Heat need 2+ to succeed (not that they succeeded yet) So if they do win the ring next year with Nash (assuming he signs there) it wont be as amazing or impressive.

darn. i want a ring but if it won't be impressive or amazing to you, whats the point?

Cubby
03-29-2012, 11:44 PM
If he were to go to Miami, I'm not watching the NBA anymore.

But he answered a straight up question. Obviously he's not going to say "**** that ****. Miami is stupid I'm not going there." He answered like anyone would. He basically said he is considering his options. I think he goes to Dallas in all honesty if Deron doesn't jump ship there.

justinnum1
03-29-2012, 11:54 PM
Now terry wants to join the heat:laugh2:
chris tomasson
Dallas' Jason Terry tells FOX Sports Florida he has interest in joining the Miami Heat this summer as a free agent:
http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/03/29/12/Mavs-G-Terry-interested-in-joining-Heat/landing_heat.html?blockID=698982&feedID=10140

Cubby
03-30-2012, 12:10 AM
Has interest. Nash said the same thing. Doesn't mean it'll happen.

justOmazing
03-30-2012, 12:14 AM
He'll end up with either the Lakers or the Mavs.

Cubby
03-30-2012, 12:16 AM
He'll end up with either the Lakers or the Mavs.

Or Orlando, but yeah. This.

BKLYNpigeon
03-30-2012, 12:20 AM
Nash lives in nyc in the offseason. i could see him there.

justinnum1
03-30-2012, 12:20 AM
Has interest. Nash said the same thing. Doesn't mean it'll happen.

Of course not. But if nash is thinking of going to a contender, it wouldnt surprise me if miami is at the top of his list

OaklandsFinest
03-30-2012, 12:21 AM
If I'm phoenix I sign Gordon and Batum and if Nash wants to walk than cool, but if he wants to stay and sign for less he'll have the pieces neccesary to make a push..

justinnum1
03-30-2012, 12:23 AM
when has the phx owner been willing to spend?

Cubby
03-30-2012, 12:24 AM
I still think he goes to Dallas. Him reuniting with Dirk would be really cool IMO.

Cubby
03-30-2012, 12:25 AM
Nash lives in nyc in the offseason. i could see him there.

Why though when the Knicks have Linsanity!?

justinnum1
03-30-2012, 12:28 AM
I still think he goes to Dallas. Him reuniting with Dirk would be really cool IMO.

That would be cool but i dont think he could win a ring there. Unless he just wants a change of scenery.

Cubby
03-30-2012, 12:33 AM
Nobody really knows what he wants. Obviously he wants a ring, and I think with the cap space Dallas could potentially have, they could build a legitimate contender.

akagiredsuns
03-30-2012, 12:36 AM

PacersForLife
03-30-2012, 12:52 AM
Nash to the Pacers was thrown around a lot early in the season as being the missing piece by some writers on ESPN. Having a pure point guard would do wonders for the team.

mdm692
03-30-2012, 01:07 AM
If I'm phoenix I sign Gordon and Batum and if Nash wants to walk than cool, but if he wants to stay and sign for less he'll have the pieces neccesary to make a push..

thats it. Depending on how they finish the season the suns should look to trade their 1st rd pick and lopez for an all star pf then over pay either gordon or batum and hope nash wants to play for less(i doubt he would decline).

Fnom11
03-30-2012, 01:30 AM
Now terry wants to join the heat:laugh2:
chris tomasson
http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/03/29/12/Mavs-G-Terry-interested-in-joining-Heat/landing_heat.html?blockID=698982&feedID=10140

Someone should make a thread about that one too. I wanted to say something about it but I didn't want to derail this thread.

FreakaNashur
03-30-2012, 01:36 AM
nash wants to throw passes to lebron wade and bosh

Raph12
03-30-2012, 01:41 AM
I don't think Nash makes them that much better, he is at his best with the ball in his hands, but so is Lebron and so is Wade... Nash's impact would be best felt on a team like the Magic.

chitown815
03-30-2012, 01:43 AM
orl or miami

Chronz
03-30-2012, 02:05 AM
I would be disappointed if he didnt go to NY or back to Dallas, or maybe even Orlando

naps
03-30-2012, 02:46 AM

Don't feed the troll. He only shows up here to bash Wade.

DitchDat
03-30-2012, 03:00 AM
That would be a perfect situation. Nash is great passer/shooter hybrid and he's in great shape. He could run the point for stretches, then become a shooter when Wade or LeBron have the ball. Very scary indeed.

BlinkManJan02
03-30-2012, 03:09 AM
Yikes that would be too bad for the Suns.

beasted86
03-30-2012, 06:50 AM

Who is a top tier free agent the Suns can add around Nash this summer?

Go look at the 2012 free agents list here:
http://www.hoopsworld.com/2012-nba-free-agents

There isn't more than 1 or 2 all-star caliber players that aren't restricted. This is realistically a 1-man free agency period with Deron Williams far and away the best player available. Even using the restricted free agents, I don't see 2 players the Suns can add from that list that makes them a 2nd round or better playoff team.

mdm692
03-30-2012, 06:59 AM
Who is a top tier free agent the Suns can add around Nash this summer?

Go look at the 2012 free agents list here:
http://www.hoopsworld.com/2012-nba-free-agents

There isn't more than 1 or 2 all-star caliber players that aren't restricted. This is realistically a 1-man free agency period with Deron Williams far and away the best player available. Even using the restricted free agents, I don't see 2 players the Suns can add from that list that makes them a 2nd round or better playoff team.

add batum and eric gordon and try to get a team to trade a legit all star caliber pf using robin lopez, 1st rd 2012 pick and perhaps markieff morris.

Nash/fa vet min
Gordon/fa mle
Batum/dudley
pf(josh smith would be my perfect scenario highly doubt it though)/hakim warrick
Gortat/frye

Not bad team can probably go back to the run n gun system scoring 110ppg a night with some feisty defense.

kdspurman
03-30-2012, 09:16 AM
Heat fans will declare him member of the Heat till his decision lol

Rentzias
03-30-2012, 09:54 AM
Not enough ball to go around
This exactly. That's three players who need the ball and drive frequently. Not a good fit.

justinnum1
03-30-2012, 09:55 AM
Only a matter of time till nash takes his talents to south beach:)

king4day
03-30-2012, 10:01 AM
^^^Love that Chuck Norris sig

On topic, I'd be ok with him going to Miami since he'd have a real shot at the ring.
I believe he's doing this as leverage to force the Suns' hand to get better.
If we can sign Gordon and maybe G. Wallace, we'd have our go to scorer again and our new, better, Marion. That's a team that can compete for the West and maybe more.

ewing
03-30-2012, 10:01 AM
This exactly. That's three players who need the ball and drive frequently. Not a good fit.

Its also the 2 best finshers in the league and the best set up guy. mmmmm

sammid21
03-30-2012, 10:06 AM
Nash wants to be a heatle

"heatle" :facepalm:

How much help does Miami need to win, or should i say Lebron.I hope he stays with the Suns or returns to Dallas. To me with or without a title he is one of the best PGs in history

Sly Guy
03-30-2012, 11:15 AM
There was a problem last year with not enough ball for Wade and Bron. You add a PG who handles the ball as much as Nash and you're in the same boat again. Worse, is that Nash is a distributor, so having him on the team is like asking Wade and Bron to change their mentality on their approach to offence. Instead of isos, they'll be getting cuts to the bucket or fed the ball for jumpers.

Nash on paper to Miami looks good, but I think you're taking touches away from the guys you want to have the ball.

Where nash would excel on Mi8ami is if you had him playing the minutes when bron and wade are on the bench. He'd be capable of turning their less than stellar bench into more of an offensive threat, but do you really want to waste his talents on those scarce minutes?

I think Nash is better suited for a team like Indy, IMO.....might not win him a title, but that's where you're getting the most out of him.

justinnum1
03-30-2012, 11:20 AM
all this talk about not enough balls...sounds like a bunch of people just scurred of nash on the heat.

kdspurman
03-30-2012, 11:26 AM
all this talk about not enough balls...sounds like a bunch of people just scurred of nash on the heat.

A lot of people said that about the Knicks before the season started fwiw tbh.

Rentzias
03-30-2012, 11:43 AM
Its also the 2 best finshers in the league and the best set up guy. mmmmm
Heat already 4th in PPG in the league, why do they need Nash? They lose out defensively if they get him.

KingPosey
03-30-2012, 11:54 AM
I dont want Nash to go to Miami. He's better than that.

They would be ABSURDLY efficient though.

MELO 15
03-30-2012, 12:19 PM
He lives is NY, and he and stoudamire worked the pick and roll to perfection, isnt obvious what team he will play for

justinnum1
03-30-2012, 12:24 PM
I dont want Nash to go to Miami. He's better than that.

They would be ABSURDLY efficient though.

Yea, miami already has the #1 fg%, with nash it would just be scary.

Nash would avg 10 assists, prob 3-4 3's a game and shoot over 50%

NYK4L
03-30-2012, 12:51 PM
No D'Antoni there anymore, why would he want to go to the Knicks?

Amare is slowly breaking down as we speak.[/QUOTE]

I think we all know Nash made Dumbtoni, not the other way around.

rapjuicer06
03-30-2012, 01:05 PM
Nash + Dwight...that'd be a decent combo

jp611
03-30-2012, 01:09 PM
Not enough money, unless he wants to play for the vet minimum

MTL_123
03-30-2012, 01:15 PM
im sure nash wouldnt mind shooting wide open 3 then getting assists. Nash would just share the pg position with Lebron

MTL_123
03-30-2012, 01:17 PM
Nash-Chalmers
Wade-Miller
Lebron-Battier
Bosh-UD
Anthony-Turiaf :drool::drool:

rapjuicer06
03-30-2012, 01:18 PM
Not enough money, unless he wants to play for the vet minimum

The MLE? :shrug: Dwight Howard/Ryan Anderson/Turk/Redick that would be perfect for Nash (trade J-Rich if at all possible).

Cfrey
03-30-2012, 01:20 PM
sign nash in the offseason

trade wade for harden straight up

win

dodie53
03-30-2012, 10:32 PM
miami.