PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Garnett on playing in Minnesota tomorrow

Minne-sota4life
03-29-2012, 03:05 PM
KG on Minn: "It's always special to come back to true fans ... But as far as that franchise, I have nothing positive to say."

Really? That $200 mil didn't do it for you? Or the Conference Finals run in '04? Or signing every one of your friends to keep you happy?, or delivering him to a team that were instant title contenders Oh, okay.:facepalm:

bigsams50
03-29-2012, 03:08 PM
He suffered though some bad years there no doubt. The whole Joe Smith debacle really screwed them over. Still though, he should never have said something like this.

Lim
03-29-2012, 03:09 PM
yeah. this guy makes it really hard to like him, great player tho

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-29-2012, 03:11 PM
Then don't retire his jersey. Plain and simple. In a few yrs, Kevin Love is going to surpass all of KG's individual records as a T'Wolve in a blink of an eye.

Sactown
03-29-2012, 03:13 PM
I wonder what really went down between management and KG

John Walls Era
03-29-2012, 03:14 PM
Not classy, but can we blame him? Is he wrong? He respects the fans and disrespects management, nothing wrong.

Hawkeye15
03-29-2012, 03:15 PM
did you like your $200 million dollars Garnett? **** you.

I have to be honest, he was my favorite player for years, but he has done a nice job of turning one of his biggest fans into a fan who can't stand him.

Garnett, you were the one who cried about giving ridiculous extensions to players such as Hudson, Hassell, and others. You were the one that signed a deal that would eat up 40% of the available cap. You were the one that shied away from taking a last second shot, instead deferring to some average *** player to bail you out.

Thanks for 03-04', and some of the positive memories. But thank you for making it VERY easy to forget about you with the crap you continue to do and say.

We have a new Kevin. We are happy with him. You will see him tomorrow night, enjoy.

Hawkeye15
03-29-2012, 03:16 PM
Not classy, but can we blame him? Is he wrong? He respects the fans and disrespects management, nothing wrong.

They signed his buddies at his request, they gave him ridiculous amounts of money. He shouldn't say a word, they catered to him, and he was a big part of what happened in the front office.

Blitzbolt
03-29-2012, 03:24 PM
He is just keeping it real.And respect him for that.

Teeboy1487
03-29-2012, 03:27 PM
Pricknett continues to prove why I hate him more than any player in the league.

John Walls Era
03-29-2012, 03:28 PM
They signed his buddies at his request, they gave him ridiculous amounts of money. He shouldn't say a word, they catered to him, and he was a big part of what happened in the front office.

KG led them to the playoffs many times [almost 5+ straight I think] (early exits), but remember that the Wolves had a chance to make the finals if it wasn't for Cassel getting injured in 04.

Can't blame Spreewell, Hudson and Cassell contract disputes on KG and not on management. Clearly that team with KG's buddies together was very good (I think they got 55+ wins together the year he won MVP).

PS: I'm not agreeing that KG isn't a classless ***.

Slug3
03-29-2012, 03:30 PM
All I can remember is them giving him every single thing he wanted. How could he not like that? Did they not clean his butt for him or soemthing? Maybe they needed to chew his food as well?

mudvayne387
03-29-2012, 03:31 PM
I have no use for him. Not to mention he looks like one big giant turd.

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-29-2012, 03:32 PM
All I can remember is them giving him every single thing he wanted. How could he not like that? Did they not clean his butt for him or soemthing? Maybe they needed to chew his food as well?

Now that he's the leader of the Geriatric Celtics, now Ainge and Doc are doing that for him.

Weezy
03-29-2012, 03:33 PM
He seriously needs to stop talking.......

Hawkeye15
03-29-2012, 03:33 PM
KG led them to the playoffs many times [almost 5+ straight I think] (early exits), but remember that the Wolves had a chance to make the finals if it wasn't for Cassel getting injured in 04.

Can't blame Spreewell, Hudson and Cassell contract disputes on KG and not on management. Clearly that team with KG's buddies together was very good (I think they got 55+ wins together the year he won MVP).

PS: I'm not agreeing that KG isn't a classless ***.

I love ya JWE, but I don't need a history lesson on the Wolves. I am good there :)

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-29-2012, 03:37 PM
I swear ever since that game 6 of the 2010 East Semi between Cavs and Celtics (LeBron's last game as a Cav), after the series ended and the players met and hugged each other, it was KG who basically told LeBron: "Look what happened to me in Minnesota, tell Cleveland a big eff u and leave them!" Since then, LeBron left Cleveland but also started saying the dumbest and stupidest things, very much like KG.

KG has poisoned LeBron's mind and that's why we dislike the LeBron James that we see today. LeBron is basically becoming a KG clone with the dumb stuff he's saying.

magichatnumber9
03-29-2012, 03:42 PM
Money doesn't buy loyalty. KG did more for Timberwolves basketball then the Timberwolves did for KG. He didn't disrespect the fans so who gives a rats *** what he thinks about the organization.

naps
03-29-2012, 03:45 PM
I still like him because he's being honest. And anyone pointing out his friends, why the **** on earth a FO should listen to a player no matter how big he is? Minny FO wasted his prime years, no denial in that. Most people here haven't seen (too young fans) or forgot what an awesome two way player he was.

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-29-2012, 03:48 PM
Money doesn't buy loyalty. KG did more for Timberwolves basketball then the Timberwolves did for KG. He didn't disrespect the fans so who gives a rats *** what he thinks about the organization.

Then they reserve the right to not retire his jersey, plain and simple. He'll just be treated like any other role player in Timberwolves history, and K-Love will be the 2nd T-wolve to have his jersey retired behind the departed Malik Sealy.

naps
03-29-2012, 03:49 PM

Good post.

Sota4Ever
03-29-2012, 03:50 PM
World's greatest player is probably Tom Brady.

Jumi
03-29-2012, 03:51 PM
If he feels that way, then it is what it is! The thing I wanna see is Kevin Love hitting a buzzer beater on KG then running to center court like D Wade and say, "This is MY house!!" That'll be some pimp ish!

TimbaWolvez
03-29-2012, 03:53 PM
World's greatest player is probably Tom Brady.

I would have to agree. Adrian Peterson a close 2nd.

jasondrobinson
Real excited for tomorrow's game, now even more so with kg running his mouth

chicagocubsfan
One can only hope that Love goes off for 50 and 20 and posterizes him.

dtmagnet
03-29-2012, 03:57 PM
Wow what an *******, I never did like this guy.

Blitzbolt
03-29-2012, 03:59 PM
Love Will drop 50 and get 30 rebounds.......But the Wolves will lose like always.

jrm2054
03-29-2012, 03:59 PM
KG is a douche so this does not surprise me. Im just glad he didn't insult the fans

John Walls Era
03-29-2012, 04:02 PM
I love ya JWE, but I don't need a history lesson on the Wolves. I am good there :)

Just wanted to refresh your memory

Abel Ye
03-29-2012, 04:05 PM
I don't see anything wrong with this, he was just being honest about how he felt about the organization.:catfight:

Ebbs
03-29-2012, 04:10 PM
I've been saying **** KG for years, I'm glad to see hawkeye and others have finally turned on him.

Sota4Ever
03-29-2012, 04:12 PM
Love Will drop 50 and get 30 rebounds.......But the Wolves will lose like always.

Hey the wolves won last night....

Sota4Ever
03-29-2012, 04:15 PM
Still love ya KG!!!

hugepatsfan
03-29-2012, 04:16 PM

I have to be honest, he was my favorite player for years, but he has done a nice job of turning one of his biggest fans into a fan who can't stand him.

Garnett, you were the one who cried about giving ridiculous extensions to players such as Hudson, Hassell, and others. You were the one that signed a deal that would eat up 40% of the available cap. You were the one that shied away from taking a last second shot, instead deferring to some average *** player to bail you out.

Thanks for 03-04', and some of the positive memories. But thank you for making it VERY easy to forget about you with the crap you continue to do and say.

We have a new Kevin. We are happy with him. You will see him tomorrow night, enjoy.

Just because Garnett wanted those guys didn't mean Minny had to sign them. We've heard Kobe ***** over and over again about what his FO does. But the Lakers FO has always told him to shut up and play with the guys they get him. That's wat Minny's job was and they failed at it. KG is a player, not a GM. Shame on MIN's management for failing to realize that.

VikesTwinsWolve
03-29-2012, 04:18 PM

I think it's time for your parents to take away the keyboard. Sheesh.........:facepalm:

Sota4Ever
03-29-2012, 04:18 PM
Well the gm was Kevin mchale. come on.

xk4
03-29-2012, 04:19 PM
I don't see why people are so butt-hurt. He didn't say anything about the fans. Unless you guys secretly run the Timberwolves franchise let it go

Rivera
03-29-2012, 04:24 PM
im sure he has his reasons to dislike the franchise....but he didnt say anything bad about the fans??

of course people are gonna point first at the money thats the easy thing to do....truth is any franchise at the time would have paid KG a total 200 million over the years to play cause he was that good in his prime

fans get to emotional when talking about athletes money....worry about how much your making as opposed to someone else

Hustlenomics
03-29-2012, 04:26 PM
damn you KG for saying what you feel

Hawkeye15
03-29-2012, 04:31 PM
Just because Garnett wanted those guys didn't mean Minny had to sign them. We've heard Kobe ***** over and over again about what his FO does. But the Lakers FO has always told him to shut up and play with the guys they get him. That's wat Minny's job was and they failed at it. KG is a player, not a GM. Shame on MIN's management for failing to realize that.

And as a fan, I take no offense to you saying that. The front office didn't give you $200 million and cater to your every need. Its not like this is the first time KG has done or said something stupid. The Wolves fans suffered through years of bad management, but he wasn't helping any situation at all. On top of that, he was a $20 million superstar who ran to the corner and hid in situations where guys of his talent and $$$ stepped up. At this point, KG should be humble and set his snide comments aside when talking about the franchise and its front office. They gave you most of what you have dude. Shut up and say thank you.

Furthermore, you will have to excuse me from not liking this. As a rabid Wolves fan, I am totally aware that the FO did not do its job. But we don't need our best player ever taking shots at them. Is he allowed to do so? Yep. Will it turn the fans he is thanking against him? Check!

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-29-2012, 04:36 PM
damn you KG for saying what you feel

But you're a Boston Celtics fans, so obviously you will be a little biased towards him.

But if you look at it from an outsider's perspective, you know why people are saying what they are saying.

Imagine that despite getting KG and Ray Ray, Pierce could never win the big one, and then he went to another organization and said the same thing about the Celtics?

How would you feel as a fan?

Hustlenomics
03-29-2012, 04:41 PM
But you're a Boston Celtics fans, so obviously you will be a little biased towards him.

But if you look at it from an outsider's perspective, you know why people are saying what they are saying.

Imagine that despite getting KG and Ray Ray, Pierce could never win the big one, and then he went to another organization and said the same thing about the Celtics?

How would you feel as a fan?

i feel these players should express how they feel and not be killed by the media and fans for every little thing they do..that's just me

mavwar53
03-29-2012, 04:50 PM
I was never a fan of his, but never disliked him, but since he's joined the celts he's turned into the biggest douche to ever play in the NBA, at least guys like Bob Linear banged it up with some guys his own size.

hugepatsfan
03-29-2012, 04:54 PM
A lot of people hate KG, but I challenge anyone to give a reason that doesn't involve him talking **** in competitive situations or when talking about basketball. In his personal life he's been everything you oul ever ask of an athlete. I've never heard of him being arrested, cheating, or anything like that.

Hawkeye15
03-29-2012, 04:57 PM
A lot of people hate KG, but I challenge anyone to give a reason that doesn't involve him talking **** in competitive situations or when talking about basketball. In his personal life he's been everything you oul ever ask of an athlete. I've never heard of him being arrested, cheating, or anything like that.

Exactly right. He is a very nice person, met him 5-10 times. But the way he acts on the court and talking about basketball has burned bridges with many fanbases, including the one that will retire his number. That tells you something man.

bostncelts34
03-29-2012, 04:57 PM
yes, KG has done some questionable things over the past few years, BUT...me personally, i love when a athlete is honest and doesnt give the ******** response just to keep people off his back. He appreciate's the fans in minny, just does not like the management. Not a big deal really. Im sure half the league feels the same way about their former teams, they just dont have the balls to say it.

Sota4Ever
03-29-2012, 04:58 PM
Haha Boston fan's protecting their baby KG..

Hawkeye15
03-29-2012, 05:10 PM
Haha Boston fan's protecting their baby KG..

we protected him being a bully and being an idiot when he was a Timberwolf. Of course they will protect him. But the more I have watched him since he left, it astonishes me that I didn't see how big of an *** hole he was.

xk4
03-29-2012, 05:10 PM

Really, every player should trash talk and play angry if it gives them an edge.

The only basketball crime KG ever committed was being drafted at the tail end of an era were basketball wasn't soft and dominated by referees. Flagrant fouls used to be called hard fouls. They wouldn't have even noticed KG setting screens with his shoulder

Punk
03-29-2012, 05:21 PM
Is he serious? They paid him 200 million, he never got attacked by the fans compared to today's stars with LeBron, Carmelo, Kobe. He always had a chance at a title in a tough western conference and the Wolves sent him to a team building a contender instead of letting him waste away in Minnesota.

He is a total piece of crap. Watching him disrespect Al Jefferson last night was just sad to watch.

TubbyBucket
03-29-2012, 05:27 PM
Egregiously overpaid athletes really have no right to ***** about management.

Minne-sota4life
03-29-2012, 05:40 PM
KG,

Lighten up, dude. This franchise, that you seem to hate so much, helped make you a rich, rich man. It is not the fault of the franchise that you demanded the second richest contract in basketball, forcing management to use an inexpensive supporting cast. It was you who wanted the team to sign your good buddy, Joe Smith, which led to the "wink-wink" initial contract, and the subsequent loss of 3 first round draft picks. It was you, not "the franchise", that was afraid to take big shots at ends of games. It was also you, not the franchise, that persisted in shooting a fall away, no contact jumper, when a true superstar would have created contact and got to the line. KG, need I go on?

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-29-2012, 05:43 PM
KG,

Lighten up, dude. This franchise, that you seem to hate so much, helped make you a rich, rich man. It is not the fault of the franchise that you demanded the second richest contract in basketball, forcing management to use an inexpensive supporting cast. It was you who wanted the team to sign your good buddy, Joe Smith, which led to the "wink-wink" initial contract, and the subsequent loss of 3 first round draft picks. It was you, not "the franchise", that was afraid to take big shots at ends of games. It was also you, not the franchise, that persisted in shooting a fall away, no contact jumper, when a true superstar would have created contact and got to the line. KG, need I go on?

Didn't he also have a few 1st round playoff exits at the hands of the Spurs and Mavs when both Duncan and Dirk outplayed him on both ends in those series?

Didn't the 3rd seeded T'wolves in 2003 fall in the first round to the 6th seeded 3x defending champion Lakers who weren't that good that season at 50-32.

Yeah, it just seems like KG and his Wolves were good regular season teams, but sucky in the playoffs. When it comes to the playoffs, it's all on the players and coaches.

celtNYpatsHeels
03-29-2012, 05:55 PM
KG on Minn: "It's always special to come back to true fans ... But as far as that franchise, I have nothing positive to say."

Really? That $200 mil didn't do it for you? Or the Conference Finals run in '04? Or signing every one of your friends to keep you happy?, or delivering him to a team that were instant title contenders Oh, okay.:facepalm:

I think what did it for him was when Minny lost 4 first round picks for the Shady Smith deal. Or maybe it was when the owner demanded mchale trade KG...

BluejaysFan08
03-29-2012, 05:58 PM
Stay Classy Kevin. Another Kevin is running the ship in Mini now.

Cfrey
03-29-2012, 06:02 PM

this pretty much sums up how i feel about KG as well.. used to be one of my favorite players and has slowly started to fade away from me

however, I would like to say that even though we gave him around 200 million dollars that doesn't mean he has to be happy with management because we probably dont know the true story

LanceUpperCut
03-29-2012, 06:07 PM
Guys like KG, D12 they need a scapegoat for why they couldn't win a title with these teams the easy thing to do is blame management instead of saying I couldn't lead the team to victory.

xbrackattackx
03-29-2012, 06:18 PM
Actually, I am stating why LeBron has become the obnoxious figure that we've all become accustomed to; he wasn't like this in his Cleveland days. I really think KG has poisoned his mind. LeBron never used to say things like the stuff he does with Miami.

Btw, how is that new institution coming along of yours?...You know...the Naps Institution of Trolling School? I heard it may open this Fall?......ADMISSIONS TROLLING!

Fixed

thesparky33
03-29-2012, 06:27 PM
Nobody (including all of the Wolves fans who should remember) has mentioned the reason Garnett is bitter at the Wolves organization, and it is directly at Glen Taylor.

After we traded Garnett, Taylor was VERY critical of Garnett and was quoted as saying that Garnett quit on the team at the end of his last 2 seasons with the Wolves, and said that Garnett was openly "tanking". During that, Garnett stayed classy, and refused comment, saying that he wasn't going to enter into a public battle, but you could tell that he felt utterly betrayed by the man who he gave his heart and soul to for more than a decade.

netsgiantsyanks
03-29-2012, 06:30 PM
maybe it wasn't the greatest of situations, but this is the kind of **** you keep to yourself.

thesparky33
03-29-2012, 06:30 PM
You can't blame Garnett for FO moves. McHale wanted Garnett's advice, and that was a stupid decision. I think Taylor was as much or maybe more to blame than McHale.

I love/hate Taylor as an owner. I love him because he has always been willing to spend over the luxury tax for a winning team, even if it means losing money overall, and he has dipped into his own pockets for Target Center upgrades throughout the years, even though the city of Minneapolis owns the arena. But I hate him because he's doesn't know what the hell he's doing. lol.

TubbyBucket
03-29-2012, 06:34 PM
however, I would like to say that even though we gave him around 200 million dollars that doesn't mean he has to be happy with management because we probably dont know the true story

For that much money, eternal gratitude should be a part of the contract imo. From a global perspective, KG makes enough annually to comfortably support almost a thousand people. That's some serious money, lol.

Minne-sota4life
03-29-2012, 06:36 PM
Plus KG is racist towards white people

Cfrey
03-29-2012, 06:40 PM
For that much money, eternal gratitude should be a part of the contract imo. From a global perspective, KG makes enough annually to comfortably support almost a thousand people. That's some serious money, lol.

money doesn't mean eternal value.. you have to remember that the NBA is a business and from a business perspective you needed to pay KG to run a successful organization.. its as simple as that

TubbyBucket
03-29-2012, 06:43 PM
money doesn't mean eternal value.. you have to remember that the NBA is a business and from the business side of things the way to be the most successful was to pay KG.. its as simple as that

Did I say otherwise? I'm saying that a lot of these athletes don't have any sense of proportion, and not that it's bad business for either side. If anything, simply going by the number of wins he generated during his tenure, he probably "deserved" more than $200 million.

LASportsFan1996
03-29-2012, 06:51 PM
KG Is An ***

avrpatsfan
03-29-2012, 07:26 PM
Nobody (including all of the Wolves fans who should remember) has mentioned the reason Garnett is bitter at the Wolves organization, and it is directly at Glen Taylor.

After we traded Garnett, Taylor was VERY critical of Garnett and was quoted as saying that Garnett quit on the team at the end of his last 2 seasons with the Wolves, and said that Garnett was openly "tanking". During that, Garnett stayed classy, and refused comment, saying that he wasn't going to enter into a public battle, but you could tell that he felt utterly betrayed by the man who he gave his heart and soul to for more than a decade.
Don't present facts and be resonable, you won't fit in on PSD.

But seriously, good post.

Laces-Out
03-29-2012, 07:45 PM
is anyone surprised that a employee is up set with there former boss

Cfrey
03-29-2012, 07:46 PM
is anyone surprised that a employee is up set with there former boss

good point lol

b@llhog24
03-29-2012, 08:56 PM
im sure he has his reasons to dislike the franchise....but he didnt say anything bad about the fans??

of course people are gonna point first at the money thats the easy thing to do....truth is any franchise at the time would have paid KG a total 200 million over the years to play cause he was that good in his prime

fans get to emotional when talking about athletes money....worry about how much your making as opposed to someone else

Lebron is that you?

Punk
03-29-2012, 09:22 PM
Guys like KG, D12 they need a scapegoat for why they couldn't win a title with these teams the easy thing to do is blame management instead of saying I couldn't lead the team to victory.

D12 is a different story. He has a good argument and his teammates suck. But Garnett was given a chance to win more than Howard. They sent him to a contender anyhow, so he should be grateful.

Ill21
03-29-2012, 09:58 PM
He is such a scumbag. Don't think I have ever hated an athlete as much as I hate him.

ichitownclowni
03-29-2012, 10:33 PM
Say what you want about him. I have met him he is one of the nicest people I have ever met. And a top PF ever

ghettosean
03-29-2012, 10:56 PM
Actually, I am stating why LeBron has become the obnoxious figure that we've all become accustomed to; he wasn't like this in his Cleveland days. I really think KG has poisoned his mind. LeBron never used to say things like the stuff he does with Miami.

Btw, how is that new institution coming along of yours?...You know...the Naps Institution of Trolling School? I heard it may open this Fall?......ADMISSIONS ROLLING!

:laugh:

Hawkeye15
03-29-2012, 11:34 PM
Say what you want about him. I have met him he is one of the nicest people I have ever met. And a top PF ever

He is not the same person on the court. I have met him upwards of 10 times, but he is an *** hole on the floor. Which I am fine with, but he picks and chooses his battles with little guys, so he has lost respect from many fans. The very fact that he craps on a team that set him up for life also bothers Wolves fans.

CoffeeJanitor
03-30-2012, 01:52 AM

After we traded Garnett, Taylor was VERY critical of Garnett and was quoted as saying that Garnett quit on the team at the end of his last 2 seasons with the Wolves, and said that Garnett was openly "tanking". During that, Garnett stayed classy, and refused comment, saying that he wasn't going to enter into a public battle, but you could tell that he felt utterly betrayed by the man who he gave his heart and soul to for more than a decade.This is what I thought of as well. Glen kind of sucks.

Also, put me in the boat of people who have tired of him over the years. I can't believe I didn't realize how much of a douche he was when he was on the pups. Cheapshots, stupid comments, etc.

Fresno
03-30-2012, 02:05 AM
So now T'Wolves fans are blaming KG for the reason their organization for 23 years has been one of the worst run Franchises in the NBA?

Without KG, the T'Wolves franchise wouldn't have survived into the 2000's financially.

His greatness during his prime is the only positive memory fans have of this Franchise, which is quite sad really. His play made up for a lot of mistakes by Ownership and their Front Office that occured during his time there, but also the 8 year period of complete irrelevance before they drafted him.

In comparison both Orlando, Charlotte, and Miami were almost instantly competitive after coming into the NBA in 1988. Minnesota ranked at the bottom of the NBA for 8 years until they got KG. He made them into a Playoff team, and ever since he has left the T'Wolves have been trying to rebuild into being a Playoff team.

Hawkeye15
03-30-2012, 02:08 AM
So now T'Wolves fans are blaming KG for the reason their organization for 23 years has been one of the worst run Franchises in the NBA?

Without KG, the T'Wolves franchise wouldn't have survived into the 2000's financially.

His greatness during his prime is the only positive memory fans have of this Franchise, which is quite sad really. His play made up for a lot of mistakes by Ownership and their Front Office that occured during his time there, but also the 8 year period of complete irrelevance before they drafted him.

In comparison both Orlando, Charlotte, and Miami were almost instantly competitive after coming into the NBA in 1988. Minnesota ranked at the bottom of the NBA for 8 years until they got KG. He made them into a Playoff team, and ever since he has left the T'Wolves have been trying to rebuild into being a Playoff team.

We aren't blaming him for anything he doesn't deserve. He could just be a professional and not say stupid **** all the time.

DaVille
03-30-2012, 02:11 AM
We aren't blaming him for anything he doesn't deserve. He could just be a professional and not say stupid **** all the time.

KG was too loyal to fanbase that never appreciated him. He should've Lebron'd the Wolves. Wasted his best 12 years in wasteland.

Hawkeye15
03-30-2012, 02:16 AM
KG was too loyal to fanbase that never appreciated him. He should've Lebron'd the Wolves. Wasted his best 12 years in wasteland.

I am a moderator for a reason. I can control myself.

A fanbase that never appreciated him? Are you serious? That honestly offends me.

Sota4Ever
03-30-2012, 02:16 AM
Never appreciated him. Stfu. People on this site are some of the dumbest people I have ever seen. Let's just say random stuff and think that it's true...
If anyone thinks that Minnesota fans never appreciated him then you are an idiot.

youngMan
03-30-2012, 02:40 AM
Kevin Garnett is the Truth, he can say what he wants about the Wolves...people in here catching feelings lol.

BlinkManJan02
03-30-2012, 03:17 AM
Haha he ia always such a ******* and so bitter.

naps
03-30-2012, 03:27 AM

So LeBron has become obnoxious figure to some people like you and now that's a fact? And you speaking like your are someone really close to LeBron. It's not actually too many posters on this site who derail threads and bring up LeBron in every possible thread...it's a few like you. Seriously, forget about LeBron for a day and you'll become a good poster right away.

Btw, how is that new institution coming along of yours?...You know...the Naps Institution of Trolling School? I heard it may open this Fall?......ADMISSIONS ROLLING!

And I am not touching that bait. I have seen you following me with that bait in other threads as well. I am just gonna let you handle that with MODs. Good luck with that.

naps
03-30-2012, 03:43 AM
It's funny how people are mentioning they gave you $200 millions...well he earned it. He would get that from elsewhere. It's not like he's Arenas or Rashard Lewis. He was arguably world's greatest player for a year or two and had been a top player throughout his Minny career. It's true they wasted his prime with garbage around him. I don't care if they got his friends; A FO should NEVER listen to a player to begin with. They failed to utilize his prime. He won the title in his first year after he changed his jersey. Imagine how you would feel if it was yourself in 2008. He definitely thought "I could have won many more if I had players of Allen/Pierce caliber." So from that perspective he could have hard feelings toward the FO and I don't see what's wrong with that. He said he still loves the fans.

Baldyy
03-30-2012, 04:58 AM

Never appreciated him wtf are you talking about, he was a god here.

AI4MVP
03-30-2012, 06:21 AM
Have fun getting your *** handed to you by the best Power Forward in the game tonight.

Weezy
03-30-2012, 10:27 AM

This is by the far the stupidest post of this thread... here is my ignorant comment about Celtic fans...

ignorant bandwagon fans who hopped on KG in 2008.

NYflightboy
03-30-2012, 10:49 AM
Damn KG used to be my favorite player when he was in Minny. He played with such a passion and I admired him. I even rooted for the Celtics to win it when he first got there. But the *****assness that dwells within him is unbelievable at times. I can't stand him anymore.

NYflightboy
03-30-2012, 10:52 AM
Have fun getting your *** handed to you by the best Power Forward in the game tonight.

True but in his prime I'd take KG over any pf in the ever except Karl Malone.

sintaks12
03-30-2012, 01:03 PM
I hope Love goes for 35 and 20 and they crush Boston. Go Minnie!

Pat Thetic
03-30-2012, 01:28 PM
I hope Love goes for 35 and 20 and they crush Boston. Go Minnie!

Never thought I'd agree with a Knicks fan on PSD...

I hope the fans boo him, and Kevin Love goes to the line 20 times just to show KG what a real PF looks like.

Never retire his number - let him go to the Hall as a Celtic.

Cfrey
03-30-2012, 01:34 PM
i think the wolves should retire KGs jersey actually.. even tho my love for him has diminished quite a bit

The goods
03-30-2012, 02:02 PM
I applaud him for the fans comment those are true fans who support them through thick and thin. But nothing good to say about management? Really that team traded you to the celtics a dynasty in the making everybody knew they were going to win a title they are a class act for that,you owe them more than just spitting in their face like that,they should've traded you to a lower team and gutted their whole franchise in the process and left you with nothing,lord knows I wish that because the lakers would've 3peated instead of going back 2 back.
Man I really liked you KG but you got traded and showed your true colors as a douche,you should never forget where you come from and always thank the people that have helped you get where you are today.

kubernetes
03-30-2012, 03:01 PM
I don't get why people are down on KG about this. I'm not even a fan of his, but is he supposed to be eternally grateful for the franchise? The things they did for him were business decisions.

And he didn't even really insult them-- he just said he has nothing positive to say. Sounds to me like there's bad blood there. Anyone here actually know what that's about? Anyone talk to KG or the Minn FO to get the scoop? No? Then you're all just jumping to conclusions when you say KG is a jerk for saying this.

sintaks12
03-30-2012, 03:12 PM
I don't get why people are down on KG about this. I'm not even a fan of his, but is he supposed to be eternally grateful for the franchise? The things they did for him were business decisions.

And he didn't even really insult them-- he just said he has nothing positive to say. Sounds to me like there's bad blood there. Anyone here actually know what that's about? Anyone talk to KG or the Minn FO to get the scoop? No? Then you're all just jumping to conclusions when you say KG is a jerk for saying this.

No, I just think he's a jerk period. Never liked KG. I give him credit for his talent, but his fake-tough guy act is tired. And how does he not get called for a foul every time he sets a (moving) pick... it's gotten beyond obvious. Ah the NBA. Plus if they lose and NY beats Atlanta, we make up some pretty good ground in the Atlantic. So again I'll say... Go Minnie!!!

aussie
03-30-2012, 05:11 PM
umm, I'm just gonna say that his obviously talking about the franchise now not when he was with them...and even then, i can't blame him for saying what he you thought he said

waveycrockett
03-30-2012, 06:08 PM
Any franchise that gives trenton hassell and hudson those contracts deserves to be ripped but twolves are in great shape now so who cares

jp611
03-30-2012, 09:39 PM
What an ungrateful *******

avrpatsfan
03-30-2012, 10:03 PM
How did that work out?

redsox0717
03-30-2012, 10:17 PM

dont worry, garnett did enjoy

Birdmannn
03-30-2012, 10:26 PM
Well Garnett was mean.

NYMetros
03-30-2012, 10:36 PM
People have a problem with this? He compliments the fans and then basically says he doesn't think management did a good job of building a championship caliber team around him, which any basketball fan who has a clue already knows. How is what he said bad?

So much for that beating that Love was supposed to put on him tonight, too.

unwantedplayer
03-30-2012, 10:50 PM

About that... haha

Hustlenomics
03-30-2012, 10:56 PM
How did that work out?

not too well

FLWolvesFan
03-30-2012, 10:58 PM
That's funny, I remember Garnett kicking and screaming all the way to TD Garden.