PDA

View Full Version : So Kevin Love and Russell Westbrok won't make 1st team all nba??

daboywonder2002
03-29-2012, 09:48 AM
forward spots are locked up with durant and lebron. i really want to put love in. but howard's numbers are typical dwight. plus his team is 3rd in the east. you cant argue with that. guard spots. cp3 is playing well. but nothing mind boggling. kobe is shooting close to career lows in fg and 3 pt percentage. but kobe is stilll clutch and knows how to win. does russy deserve one of those guard spots or will it be kobe/cp3 ?

CudiOnMyiPod
03-29-2012, 09:56 AM
The stupid thing about All-NBA Teams is it's just forwards and guards, not specifically PF, SF, SG, and PG.

LongIslandIcedZ
03-29-2012, 09:58 AM
I'd say Westbrook still has a shot. But Love will be on the outside looking in for probably the next few years. Unfortunate because the guy is pretty much a machine.

CudiOnMyiPod
03-29-2012, 10:00 AM
He deserves first but the two MVP's this season have been two forwards.

Raps08-09 Champ
03-29-2012, 10:31 AM
The stupid thing about All-NBA Teams is it's just forwards and guards, not specifically PF, SF, SG, and PG.

It's not stupid.

Example, If the 2 best producers are at SG, why should we give it to a PG?

In this case, the best 2 players this year are at SF meaning Love is out.

Raps08-09 Champ
03-29-2012, 10:32 AM
He deserves first but the two MVP's this season have been two forwards.

You just contradicted yourself.

He115ing
03-29-2012, 10:43 AM
The league should create several all nba teams and then have them play each other to see which team is really the best.

Jetsguy
03-29-2012, 10:59 AM
I mean it is what it is. He is having a beast year but Lebron and KD are having better years so he just wont make it.

Durant is hype
03-29-2012, 11:01 AM
Russell could make it. Kevin Love is 2nd all NBA team.

tredigs
03-29-2012, 11:13 AM
The league should create several all nba teams and then have them play each other to see which team is really the best.

They do bro; they're called the 2nd and 3rd All NBA Teams... although they don't play eachother.

I read an insider article written a few days ago where the guy had his team as:

(G) Kobe
(G) Westbrook
(F) Lebron
(F) Love
(C) Howard

He was questioned at best, and absolutely mutilated at worst. Many people questioned why they pay for a service if they are willing to promote writers of his quality, etc. etc. (apparently he's notorious for poor articles).

But I agree with 'Durant is Hype' up there (ironic s/n). Westbrook could, but Love is a huge stretch.

kennysqan
03-29-2012, 11:14 AM
Russell could make it. Kevin Love is 2nd all NBA team.
http://www.bicidi.info/jpg1Russell could make it. Kevin Love is 2nd all NBA team.

PrettyBoyJ
03-29-2012, 11:15 AM
Love deserves it but his team is just around .500 but he will have some appearence in the future

ManRam
03-29-2012, 11:26 AM
In an ideal world, my first team would have 7 players.

Paul
Westbrook
Kobe (I could live without him here...hell, Wade has played better, but he has no shot)
Durant
Love
James
Howard

I'd imagine Russy and Love get second team nominations. Love really is playing like a first teamer, probably more deserving than any first team guard...but LeBron and Durant can't be snubbed.

tredigs
03-29-2012, 11:32 AM
In an ideal world, my first team would have 7 players.

Paul
Westbrook
Kobe (I could live without him here...hell, Wade has played better, but he has no shot)
Durant
Love
James
Howard

I'd imagine Russy and Love get second team nominations. Love really is playing like a first teamer, probably more deserving than any first team guard...but LeBron and Durant can't be snubbed.

Mostly agree here, but Bynum and Tony Parker are giving their respective positional adversaries a run for their money (Howard absolutely dismantling Bynum in their head to head earlier this year - after Shaq claimed Bynum was #1 - may have put an end to that until they play again though. But TP definitely has a STRONG case right now).

MagicBucsSox
03-29-2012, 11:41 AM
Love >>>>>>durant

Swashcuff
03-29-2012, 11:45 AM
Wait hold up just one second. Is this the same Russell Westbrook who at the start of the season wasn't a top 25 player in the league and not even the 2nd best player on his team? Now he's seriously in the running to become a 1st teamer.... something's seriously wrong here. Westbrook sucks Harden should be on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd team ahead of him :rolleyes:

Thunder 9
03-29-2012, 11:59 AM
I think it should be-Rose-Westbrook-James-Durant-Howard

Raps08-09 Champ
03-29-2012, 12:02 PM
Wait hold up just one second. Is this the same Russell Westbrook who at the start of the season wasn't a top 25 player in the league and not even the 2nd best player on his team? Now he's seriously in the running to become a 1st teamer.... something's seriously wrong here. Westbrook sucks Harden should be on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd team ahead of him :rolleyes:

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Baller1
03-29-2012, 12:04 PM
Love >>>>>>durant

Nice input.

Rivera
03-29-2012, 12:17 PM
man KLove is gonna draw the short end on the stick here i would probably put wade or russy over cp3 for 1st team all nba and honestly i would consider putting KLove at the C spot instead of Dwight just because its an award and not an actual team...love is having a much better season than dwight

so

russell/wade/cp3
kobe
lebron
durant
love

Thunder 9
03-29-2012, 12:26 PM
man KLove is gonna draw the short end on the stick here i would probably put wade or russy over cp3 for 1st team all nba and honestly i would consider putting KLove at the C spot instead of Dwight just because its an award and not an actual team...love is having a much better season than dwight

so

russell/wade/cp3
kobe
lebron
durant
love

I think there has to be an actual starting center not a PF that plays both ways otherwise I would think love would get in.

tredigs
03-29-2012, 12:29 PM

so

russell/wade/cp3
kobe
lebron
durant
love

How exactly is K. Love having a much better season than Dwight? Bearing in mind that Dwight is THE best defensive big in the game and K. Love is not exactly one of the enforcers down there.

My question is - how are people willing to make room an All-NBA 1st team for K. Love over Durant or D. Howard now, and not even third team last season? What is the drastic difference in his game other than playing more minutes (most in the NBA) and taking more shots (bearing in mind that his percentages are down across the board, his rebound rate took a plunge to the lowest of his career - tho' still great - and he does not seem to be leading his teams to wins any more than pre Rubio/Pek now that they're gone). His March has been HUGE individually, but let's not lose sight of the big picture here.

daboywonder2002
03-29-2012, 12:34 PM

yes westbrok is a first teamer. does it have to do with d rose being injured? im sure part of it does. for me, its because ive accepted him for who he is. a scoring point guard. sure i used to want him to be more of a true point guard. set teammates up first. but derrick rose changed all that last year. it showed me that hey you can be a point guard and still be the leading scorer for a team. are his assist numbers down to 5.5? sure they are. but hardens and durants assists are up. now they have russell playing off the ball sometimes.

guard choices for first team- rose, bryant, wade, cp3, westbrook. Pick 2. i cant put rose when he has only played 34 games.

Ebbs
03-29-2012, 01:08 PM
Westbrook
Paul
Durant
LeBron
Dwight

Wade
Kobe
Love
Dirk
Bynum

Parker
Nash
Aldridge
Bosh
Marc Gasol

Might be my 3 teams

naps
03-29-2012, 01:33 PM
Biggest travesty would be Kobe being on 1st team like last 4 years.

RowBTrice
03-29-2012, 01:38 PM
voting is just as rigged as the refereeing.

jayjay33
03-29-2012, 01:47 PM

I still think Harden has more game than westbrook. I think james harden is a top 5 shooting guard. Probably top 3. I'm not sure i think westy is a top 3 pg, but there close.

Swashcuff
03-29-2012, 01:51 PM
I still think Harden has more game than westbrook. I think james harden is a top 5 shooting guard. Probably top 3. I'm not sure i think westy is a top 3 pg, but there close.

Well that's great and you're entitled to your opinion but tell me after you said all that who do you rank higher currently in the NBA regardless of position and who do you think is the 2nd best player on this team?

kenzo400
03-29-2012, 02:01 PM
It's not stupid.

Because it should be based on who plays the best at that "position". By your logic why not just give it to the best 5 guys in the league regardless of position.

Hawkeye15
03-29-2012, 02:28 PM
I am one of the biggest Love fans here, but the All NBA team has 2 G's, 2 F's, and a C. Durant and LeBron are getting in over Love, and I am fine with that.

Love will probably not be a 1st teamer for another few years, or unless the Wolves become 50-55 game winners with him putting up these crazy numbers.

Hawkeye15
03-29-2012, 02:32 PM
How exactly is K. Love having a much better season than Dwight? Bearing in mind that Dwight is THE best defensive big in the game and K. Love is not exactly one of the enforcers down there.

My question is - how are people willing to make room an All-NBA 1st team for K. Love over Durant or D. Howard now, and not even third team last season? What is the drastic difference in his game other than playing more minutes (most in the NBA) and taking more shots (bearing in mind that his percentages are down across the board, his rebound rate took a plunge to the lowest of his career - tho' still great - and he does not seem to be leading his teams to wins any more than pre Rubio/Pek now that they're gone). His March has been HUGE individually, but let's not lose sight of the big picture here.

There have been more improvements to the eye for Love, such as leadership, one on one ability, taking over late ability, hitting clutch shots ability, but it still doesn't do anything but close the gap slightly on the difference between him and Durant or LeBron. LeBron would never be on a team that hovers at .500, no matter what garbage you gave him. Durant is the best player on the best team in the west, and absolutely takes over games. Love is just a victim of circumstance. He happens to be playing at a time when two guys at the same position who will go down top 5 at their position are in their primes.

tredigs
03-29-2012, 02:44 PM
There have been more improvements to the eye for Love, such as leadership, one on one ability, taking over late ability, hitting clutch shots ability, but it still doesn't do anything but close the gap slightly on the difference between him and Durant or LeBron. LeBron would never be on a team that hovers at .500, no matter what garbage you gave him. Durant is the best player on the best team in the west, and absolutely takes over games. Love is just a victim of circumstance. He happens to be playing at a time when two guys at the same position who will go down top 5 at their position are in their primes.

Good to hear, and I've noticed a bit of that. Haven't particularly noticed the leadership from afar but that's a big+ for them. The late game ability has definitely been recognized in quite a few games.

@Swashcuff, it's possible that Westbrook is both in line for All NBA 1st team and still not better than Harden. Harden's a beast that has not fully been let free yet, but his impact is monsterous. With an ORating of 126 and a TS% of .665 (Durant, Nash, Larry Bird, etc. They never reached this. Durant and Bird never sniffed it), we're quietly seeing one of the most scoring efficient seasons in NBA history by Harden. Dude scores 17+ a game on 10 shots a game. Once he grows into himself even more and garners a larger role - watch out.

Rivera
03-29-2012, 02:48 PM

how???? KLove has a better PER and has a higher Win Share than Dwight

Not only that KLove has a Drating of 102 so his defense seems to have improved alot

not to mention KLove is averaging more points with a better TS% ..... i dont know how dwight has more rebounds than love though its only by .6

willabeast77
03-29-2012, 02:52 PM
Westbrook doesn't deserve the 1st team. All he's doing that improved is him shooting more (that's why his ppg increased). Wade and Paul deserve it over him. Also if the Bulls keep the top seed in the East (and league), Rose will probably make it over him.

Hawkeye15
03-29-2012, 02:58 PM
how???? KLove has a better PER and has a higher Win Share than Dwight

Not only that KLove has a Drating of 102 so his defense seems to have improved alot

not to mention KLove is averaging more points with a better TS% ..... i dont know how dwight has more rebounds than love though its only by .6

There is a larger gap between Dwight's defensive dominance than Love's offensive dominance in the matchup. On top of that, Love plays C 1/3 of the time, Dwight every possession.

Hawkeye15
03-29-2012, 02:58 PM
Alright, I am outta here. That is as many posts as I can make against my favorite player.

Raps08-09 Champ
03-29-2012, 03:02 PM
Because it should be based on who plays the best at that "position". By your logic why not just give it to the best 5 guys in the league regardless of position.

Because the 2 G, 2 F and 1 C is the same logic of the regardless of position. :rolleyes:

Basketball positions are some of the more interchangeable positions in sports. Considering SG and PG both fall under the GUARD category and SF and PF fall under the FORWARDS category, it's not unfair to follow that logic.

It's not as if this is baseball where there is a great difference between playing 1st base and 3rd base.

jayjay33
03-29-2012, 03:06 PM
Well that's great and you're entitled to your opinion but tell me after you said all that who do you rank higher currently in the NBA regardless of position and who do you think is the 2nd best player on this team?

To me harden is a better player. He is far more skilled as an ALL around player and he is clearly a smarter player with a better understanding of how to play baskeball. Westbrook is just more aggressive, to aggressive imo. Hardens defense is aslo beyond westbrook's. But with that said westy is still a beast.

tredigs
03-29-2012, 03:24 PM
There is a larger gap between Dwight's defensive dominance than Love's offensive dominance in the matchup. On top of that, Love plays C 1/3 of the time, Dwight every possession.

Thank you for that. My response was about to get a little elaborate and winded, but coming from a big fan of the guy - this is perfectly succinct.

Also, people we need to stop using non-defensive juggernaut's D-Rating as a means to judge a players capabilities on that end (still doesn't tell you everything. Not by a long shot. In that vein neither does PER or WS/48 for offense). The juggernauts have the ability to sway the stat, but by and large it is a team stat - with players swaying along with their lead defender (if he's a monster), coaches defensive scheme, etc.

Bruno
03-29-2012, 03:25 PM
It should be:

Paul
Wade
Durant
LeBron
Howard

It will be:

Rose
Bryant
Durant
James
Howard.

I don't think Love and WB have a shot at first team. when loves team is competing with the Heat and Thunder in wins, as his numbers continue to challenge theirs, it'll be a debate. WB won't beat out Rose or Paul.

akia83
03-29-2012, 03:32 PM
Wade and Westbrok have been the best guards this year. But it will probably be Kobe and CP3.
As for Love, Durant and James don't deserve to be in the 2nd team. So I can't see where is the probleme.

basketfan4life
03-29-2012, 03:48 PM
cp3 is not a lock for 1st team, i'm not saying he deserves it or not, but voters may go with westy before paul.

tredigs
03-29-2012, 04:07 PM
It should be:

Paul
Wade
Durant
LeBron
Howard

It will be:

Rose
Bryant
Durant
James
Howard.

I don't think Love and WB have a shot at first team. when loves team is competing with the Heat and Thunder in wins, as his numbers continue to challenge theirs, it'll be a debate. WB won't beat out Rose or Paul.

I know they love them some Rose (can't really say I blame them), but there's very, very little chance he gets 1st team - I'd hedge at giving him about 5% at it at this point. They have way more wins than Rose has games played period. No chance. Still has an outside chance at 3rd team, but he obviously does not deserve it in any way. Westbrook WILL beat out Rose (I can't imagine a scenario where he doesn't), and beating out Paul is 50/50 in my mind (in guessing the collective mind of the writers/broadcasters obviously).

Mr_Amaziing
03-29-2012, 04:24 PM
Pg- Westbrook
Sg- Kobe
Sf- Durant
Pf- Love
C- Howard

obie
03-29-2012, 04:27 PM
Love is good and all, but he's a good player on a bad team. helps his stats.

Longhornfan1234
03-29-2012, 04:36 PM
Biggest travesty would be Kobe being on 1st team like last 4 years.

:facepalm:

Dude just stop. Westbrook, Kobe, CP3, and Parker are having a better year than Wade. Deal with it.

Sota4Ever
03-29-2012, 04:41 PM

Did you say this same thing when Lebron was on the cavs or when Kobe was with trash and putting up 35 ppg???? Better say yes or your just a hypocrite.:facepalm:

Hawkeye15
03-29-2012, 04:46 PM

The funny thing with this, is his numbers are better on a much better team than he had last year. Its time soon enough to stop with the, "great numbers on a bad team". The Wolves are a ton better this year, and his numbers continue to climb.

willabeast77
03-29-2012, 04:46 PM
It should be:

Paul
Wade
Durant
LeBron
Howard

It will be:

Rose
Bryant
Durant
James
Howard.

Basically this. I wrote something like this in the "All NBA teams" thread.
But lately I think it could be possible of Rose missing out on the 1st team (depends how many more games he misses and how he finishes the season).

willabeast77
03-29-2012, 04:47 PM

Dude just stop. Westbrook, Kobe, CP3, and Parker are having a better year than Wade. Deal with it.

Not true at all. Unless you're being sarcastic?

Sota4Ever
03-29-2012, 04:48 PM
Kobe!!!

justinnum1
03-29-2012, 04:57 PM
Wade will make first team over westbrook all day long

justinnum1
03-29-2012, 04:58 PM
Not true at all. Unless you're being sarcastic?

Na, he's trolling as usual. All one has to do is look at per. And he would be wrong as usual

justinnum1
03-29-2012, 04:59 PM

:facepalm::facepalm:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2fhollinger%2fstatistics

didnt we go over this like 3 weeks ago?

obie
03-29-2012, 05:24 PM
Did you say this same thing when Lebron was on the cavs or when Kobe was with trash and putting up 35 ppg???? Better say yes or your just a hypocrite.:facepalm:

Kobe is the man for what he did with those terrible teams, and yes his numbers were inflated because he carried that team. he was the sole reason they were even able to fight for the 7th-8th seed.....his ppg and fta went way up

Lebron's situation was different. he made his teammates a lot better than they were and still put up numbers. i can't say Love is doing the same for him team.

all i'm saying is a lot of people look at Love's stats, he's a good player and all. i'm a Kevin Love fan, but his numbers a misleading making people think he should be first team without truly comparing what they see on the court

Longhornfan1234
03-29-2012, 05:35 PM
:facepalm::facepalm:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2fhollinger%2fstatistics

didnt we go over this like 3 weeks ago?

Wade's PER is that high because he plays alongside the best player since MJ.

PER is a useless stat. Bynum and Jefferson > Kobe, right ? Just stop it. :facepalm:

justinnum1
03-29-2012, 05:38 PM

PER is a useless stat. Bynum and Jefferson > Kobe, right ? Just stop it. :facepalm:

Wrong, your wrong.

I show you a legit stat and you write it off because it shows your argument is a fail.

Its ust so funny how much you hate wade. Did he not give you an autograph one day?

Longhornfan1234
03-29-2012, 05:43 PM
Wrong, your wrong.

I show you a legit stat and you write it off because it shows your argument is a fail.

Its ust so funny how much you hate wade. Did he not give you an autograph one day?

So...answer my question. Bynum and Jefferson > Kobe, right?

Bruno
03-29-2012, 05:44 PM
Rose has missed a lot, tredigs. you're right. it'll be paul and kobe in the backcourt.

justinnum1
03-29-2012, 05:45 PM
So...answer my question. Bynum and Jefferson > Kobe, right?

Bynum yes, jefferson is a more efficient player than kobe but i would take kobe over bryant.

But to your original comment, wade is better than all the guys you listed.

Westbrook, Kobe, CP3, and Parker are having a better year than Wade.
^false

But keep hating wade:)

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-29-2012, 05:46 PM
K-Love is a forward, and so for the next several yrs, he won't make 1st team because those 2 slots in the first team will go to Durant and LeBron year in and year out.

In today's NBA, the perimeter players that attack the basket with force like a Durant and LeBron are much sexier in the eyes of voters, fans and some coaches. Plus, those 2 will have their teams atop the NBA for several yrs to come.

Westbrook on the other hand should get first team this season.

Longhornfan1234
03-29-2012, 05:48 PM
Bynum yes, jefferson is a more efficient player than kobe but i would take kobe over bryant.

But to your original comment, wade is better than all the guys you listed.

Westbrook, Kobe, CP3, and Parker are having a better year than Wade.
^false

But keep hating wade:)

Lol...did you forget when Kobe destroyed Wade on both ends a month ago?

Westbrook's numbers are better than Wade's...and his team has a better record.

justinnum1
03-29-2012, 05:49 PM
Lol...did you forget when Kobe destroyed Wade on both ends a month ago?

Westbrook's numbers are better than Wade's...and his team has a better record.

:bla:

That why kobe get benched at the end of a game? He hurts his team more than wade does.

Westbrook plays more minutes a game...and he thunder have more talent than the heat top to bottom, that would show in there record

Keep trying.

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-29-2012, 05:51 PM

That why kobe get benched at the end of a game? He hurts his team more than wade does.

Westbrook plays more minutes a game...

Keep trying.

Wade has already missed 9 games in this condensed season and is averaging 23-5-5. His play has been too inconsistent this season. The Heat are their record because of LeBron James, no question.

Cfrey
03-29-2012, 05:53 PM
Love deserves it... what he's doing is crazy but it sucks he wont get it

Longhornfan1234
03-29-2012, 05:56 PM

Westbrook plays more minutes a game...and he thunder have more talent than the heat top to bottom, that would show in there record

Keep trying.

So much fail in this post. Can you be objective? Are you Wade's father?

Cfrey
03-29-2012, 06:05 PM
lol longhorn lets be serious tho.. kobe hurts the team more than people think

i can only imagine if kobes game was more unselfish.. really tho because I hate kobe and I think his game would be so much more fun to watch if he had the playmaking ability of a lebron

justinnum1
03-29-2012, 06:07 PM
So much fail in this post. Can you be objective? Are you Wade's father?

Thats some weak bait.

joe1nas
03-29-2012, 06:19 PM

I didn't know wade played with kobe

Longhornfan1234
03-29-2012, 06:20 PM

i can only imagine if kobes game was more unselfish.. really tho because I hate kobe and I think his game would be so much more fun to watch if he had the playmaking ability of a lebron

The Heat had a great record when Wade was hurt.

justinnum1
03-29-2012, 06:21 PM

Longhorn is a lebron homer/wade hater

Longhornfan1234
03-29-2012, 06:21 PM

Wade played against Kobe... and got DOMINATED on both ends.

Cfrey
03-29-2012, 06:22 PM

The Heat had a great record when Wade was hurt.

why are you bringing up wade?? im not even sticking up for wade lol because I'm one of the few who think the Heat would be better off without wade

sign nash in the offseason.. dump wades contract and get a good center..

then sign a decent SG.. that would be the best step for the organization in my opinion.. ik lots of people will disagree and say im stupid but thats fine haha.. and i know that wont happen tho for what wade has meant to the franchise

joe1nas
03-29-2012, 06:22 PM

kobe does have the playmaking ability of lebron

Cfrey
03-29-2012, 06:23 PM
kobe does have the playmaking ability of lebron

not for other players, no.

Longhornfan1234
03-29-2012, 06:29 PM
why are you bringing up wade?? im not even sticking up for wade lol because I'm one of the few who think the Heat would be better off without wade

sign nash in the offseason.. dump wades contract and get a good center..

then sign a decent SG.. that would be the best step for the organization in my opinion.. ik lots of people will disagree and say im stupid but thats fine haha.. and i know that wont happen tho for what wade has meant to the franchise

My bad...I thought you were a Wade jock sniffer.

Your last paragraph is genius. :worthy:

DR_1
03-29-2012, 06:39 PM
The Rose hating in this thread is absolutely incredible.

Back on topic Love should make it if one PF and one SF are required, but they are not, so it'll be KD and LeBron. I don't see how Westbrook has a shot though. I'd go:

Team 1: Rose-Kobe-KD-LeBron-Dwight
Team 2: CP3-Wade-Love-Dirk-Bynum
Team 3: Parker-Harden-LMA-Bosh-Marc Gasol

*I don't believe Parker/Harden are 3rd best at their positions, but their play this year does merit some recognition IMO.

5ass
03-29-2012, 06:49 PM

Back on topic Love should make it if one PF and one SF are required, but they are not, so it'll be KD and LeBron. I don't see how Westbrook has a shot though. I'd go:

*I don't believe Parker/Harden are 3rd best at their positions, but their play this year does merit some recognition IMO.

ya, any1 who doesnt put rose on the 1st team is hater.:o Rose is not the best PG this season IMO, and many people agree. Its not hating cz we have a legitimate argument.
Also Wade is better than Kobe IMO

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-29-2012, 06:51 PM
Rose has already missed 18 of the Bulls' 52 games this season with 14 games remaining in this condensed season.

How does that warrant a first team selection?

justinnum1
03-29-2012, 06:52 PM
Rose has already missed 18 of the Bulls' 52 games this season with 14 games remaining in this condensed season.

How does that warrant a first team selection?
It doesnt.

kenzo400
03-29-2012, 08:41 PM
Because the 2 G, 2 F and 1 C is the same logic of the regardless of position. :rolleyes:

Basketball positions are some of the more interchangeable positions in sports. Considering SG and PG both fall under the GUARD category and SF and PF fall under the FORWARDS category, it's not unfair to follow that logic.

It's not as if this is baseball where there is a great difference between playing 1st base and 3rd base.

No it isn't. Perhaps the best five players in the NBA should be all guards. It is the complete opposite.

Also, i'm not saying its unfair but i don't think its as interchangeable as it may seem. A small forward is very different from a pf. I can see how sf and sg are closer together though.

tredigs
03-29-2012, 08:52 PM
Rose has played 34 games. The Bulls have 41 wins.

Anybody putting him on 1st team should have the name DRose slapped in their screen name, because your homer's shining throuoo...ohhhh, nevermind.

Lake_Show2416
03-29-2012, 08:56 PM
1st Team

CP3
Kobe
Durant
Lebron
Dwight

cant really see it going any other way

b@llhog24
03-29-2012, 09:20 PM
You just contradicted yourself.

Beat me to it.

Swashcuff
03-29-2012, 10:52 PM
To me harden is a better player. He is far more skilled as an ALL around player and he is clearly a smarter player with a better understanding of how to play baskeball. Westbrook is just more aggressive, to aggressive imo. Hardens defense is aslo beyond westbrook's. But with that said westy is still a beast.

Harden's D is what? Dude c'mon I mean seriously? Harden has significantly regressed in that department this season being borderline awful on that end of the floor.

You also didn't answer any of my questions. Westbrook is too aggressive? That aggression is a great reason why his team is the best in the west and he's looking at possibly becoming a 1st teamer for the first time in his career.

Hawkeye15
03-29-2012, 11:38 PM

The Bulls are winning seamlessly without Rose, and he has missed a bunch of games, so his 1st team chances are slim to none to a rational voter.

Yunqn
03-30-2012, 12:02 AM
Imo love is ore deserving then anybody on that list other than lebron.. Just becuase he's a big doesnt mean the ball automatically zoom to his hands.. He still has to put forth the effort and imo no one has been doin more for his team to stay in games than love .but like i said other than lebron..

Imo wade shouldnt be there and westbrook and paul both deserve but it would be a crime to leave love off this list with the stuff he does.. Its like everynight i go and check the stats i specially look to see what big numbers love put up..

Kobe
Durant
Lebron
Love
Dwight

If your going to put lebron out of position then you can do the same for kobe or durant.. Mainly because Love DESERVES to be on there.. Not westbrook or paul..

Imo it shouldnt be players by position .. It should be just be an overall season performance and not a lifetime award..

topdog
03-30-2012, 12:03 AM
This is why they have 3 all-NBA teams. In the grand scheme of things it really doesn't matter though because it's championship or bust.

justinnum1
03-30-2012, 12:04 AM

DR_1
03-30-2012, 12:08 AM

Are you trying to bait me into responding :laugh2:

HOWE do i do it
03-30-2012, 12:11 AM
The Bulls are winning seamlessly without Rose, and he has missed a bunch of games, so his 1st team chances are slim to none to a rational voter.

Agreed. If he didn't miss with injury it probably would of went that way, but he's missed too much time to be 1st team.

Hawkeye15
03-30-2012, 12:24 AM
Agreed. If he didn't miss with injury it probably would of went that way, but he's missed too much time to be 1st team.

If Rose hadn't missed a ton of games, and even if he did but Chicago proved to be vulnerable without him, he would make the 1st team. But that isn't the case.

HOWE do i do it
03-30-2012, 01:46 AM
we have a pretty solid squad, so im fine with him not winning that.

Swashcuff
03-30-2012, 07:53 AM

Really going to say Westbrook is too aggressive? Where would the Thunder have been last night and many other nights without his aggression?

ChiSox219
03-30-2012, 08:20 AM
Where would the thunder be if Westbrook played under control?

thenaj17
03-30-2012, 08:44 AM
It's not stupid.

For your logic, same goes for top 5 players rather than 2 guards, 2 forwards and a centre. You could just have the top 5 players regardless of position.

The reason it's called NBA All-First team is to create a team so saying it should be PG, SG, SF, PF, C isn't a silly idea even if 2 SF's have been better than a PF for example. This way, 1 of LeBron or Durant would miss out and Love would be in.

Swashcuff
03-30-2012, 08:50 AM
Where would the thunder be if Westbrook played under control?

So basically you're saying that Russell Westbrook is yet to hit his prime or play at his best? Scary thought of how good he'd be when he does.

minnesotaloyal
03-30-2012, 09:14 AM
its a shame, but no.

ChiSox219
03-30-2012, 10:16 AM
So basically you're saying that Russell Westbrook is yet to hit his prime or play at his best? Scary thought of how good he'd be when he does.

Yea

Cfrey
03-30-2012, 01:25 PM
when westbrook is on he's as good as anybody

but we will see how he does in the playoffs... thats where I think the problem arises for OKC.. if westbrook isn't shooting well he is just going to keep shooting and making bad decisions which doesn't bode well for the thunder

Raph12
03-30-2012, 02:03 PM
If you think you could put Love ahead of Lebron or Durant, you're delusional... If you think you can put Westbrook over CP3, you're delusional. A case can be made for WB over Wade (because of the injuries) or Kobe (because of the inefficiency).

Cfrey
03-30-2012, 02:07 PM
How is it delusional to put westbrook in front of CP3?? its not at all in fact its very debatable from a basketball point of view..

unfortunately CP3 is just one of those guys who even when he's not at his best will still get treated like it.. you cant tell me CP3 has been playing lights out because he hasn't

its kind of like the Pau gasol to the all star game last year... didn't deserve it at all but because of his rep he got it

KB-Pau-DH2012
03-30-2012, 02:24 PM
How is it delusional to put westbrook in front of CP3?? its not at all in fact its very debatable from a basketball point of view..

unfortunately CP3 is just one of those guys who even when he's not at his best will still get treated like it.. you cant tell me CP3 has been playing lights out because he hasn't

its kind of like the Pau gasol to the all star game last year... didn't deserve it at all but because of his rep he got it

Westbrook is having a bigger impact with his team than CP3 is having with his team.

The Clippers are an average team at best, I believe the Hornets of last yr had a better record last year in the same amount of games as the Clippers this yr.

FraziersKnicks
03-30-2012, 02:29 PM
I think it should be CP3 and Westbrook but Kobe shouldn't sniff 1st team.. Wade should make it over him.

TRF929
03-30-2012, 02:46 PM
Personal preference, I'd Put Tony Parker above Westbrook and I have to say even Kobe

Baller1
03-30-2012, 02:50 PM
I actually think Kobe is a third teamer at best this season.

CP3
Westbrook
Parker
Wade

Then there's Kobe, D-Will, Harden, etc.

KnicksorBust
03-30-2012, 02:53 PM
It'd be a fun debate but I don't think Parker will beat out Kobe.

Baller1
03-30-2012, 03:39 PM
It'd be a fun debate but I don't think Parker will beat out Kobe.

Oh I think there's a 0% chance he gets it over Kobe, but that's just the way it goes. I think he deserves it for sure though.