PDA

View Full Version : So is Tyreke gone in the near future?

cyph34
03-29-2012, 01:21 AM
I remember someone saying, "Kings are now looking at like this is Cousins' team and will build around him rather than Tyreke" or something like that. Cousins, Thompson, Thornton, Thomas - their games maybe more compatible whereas Tyreke a little ball dominant to be truly effective? Is that accurate?

Sactown
03-29-2012, 01:29 AM
No he's adjusting

Bulls_fan90
03-29-2012, 01:53 AM
No he's adjusting

Adjusting to what?

Matrix3132
03-29-2012, 01:54 AM
No he's adjusting

Hopefully his shot

naps
03-29-2012, 02:12 AM
I honestly thought he's was the second coming of Dwyane Wade but I have to say I was wrong and he's been absolutely disappointing. He's regressed from his rookie year.

Sadds The Gr8
03-29-2012, 02:16 AM
He's been a huge disappointment. I thought he'd be where Rose and Westbrook are in their developments by now. I figured that the Thornton signing would be a bad thing for him because I couldn't see them meshing at all. Tyreke needs to work on his shooting badly. The fact that he hasn't improved it even a little bit is pathetic...

I think he needs to be on a team where the PG is a spot up shooter so he can dominate the ball, like how Kobe was for most of his career, and how Dwayne Wade is.

Monta is beast
03-29-2012, 02:27 AM
I thought they should have traded Tyreke for McGee or Bogut. Cousins would dominate the Power Forward position.

Thomas
Thorton
?
Cousins
Bogut/McGee

PleaseBeNice
03-29-2012, 02:29 AM
He's adjusting to being placed at the 3 spot, when he REALLY needs to be a 2 guard. He has been working on his shot with a shooting coach during the season also. Him being switched around from the 1, 2, and the 3 have hurt his development IMO. He needs to start at the 2 and have Thornton off the bench. Start Terrance Williams at the 3. T will has played great for us and is actually a SF.

Hawkeye15
03-29-2012, 02:29 AM
Reke gets too much heat for his play not building on that great rookie year. He has been with the most unstable team over the past 3 years, and dealt with a pesky injury last year.

While I don't think he will be a star like I did after his first year, he is going to be a very capable #3 on any team competing.

PleaseBeNice
03-29-2012, 02:30 AM
I thought they should have traded Tyreke for McGee or Bogut. Cousins would dominate the Power Forward position.

Thomas
Thorton
?
Cousins
Bogut/McGee

I'd rather hang onto Reke rather than Glass Bogut and Bonehead Mcgee. But I think DMC is too slow as of now to play the 4 spot.

Punk
03-29-2012, 03:09 AM
The problem is with 3 things:

1. His shot is flat (He shot like 4 airballs against NY in both games)

2. He is a ball dominate player, he's either a PG or SG that needs the ball. He can't play with the current roster in Sacramento. He was clearly better with a shooting PG like Beno, shooting SF like Casppi and a defensive big in Dalembert rather than a post scorer like Cousins.

3. He has no desire to win anymore like he did in his rookie year. Seems like the losing mentality has gotten to him.

ZebraCity916
03-29-2012, 03:13 AM
No one knows the true story. Evans has regressed because he's been injured a lot. He has been very ball dominate this year, but is adjusting.

Cousins is the center piece of this team now and the Kings will build around him.

Kings don't wanna give up on Evans just yet. My prediction is that they will give him a contract this summer. If he doesn't improve his jumper then the Kings will look to trade him. That's just what I think will happen though.

ZebraCity916
03-29-2012, 03:14 AM
The problem is with 3 things:

1. His shot is flat (He shot like 4 airballs against NY in both games)

2. He is a ball dominate player, he's either a PG or SG that needs the ball. He can't play with the current roster in Sacramento. He was clearly better with a shooting PG like Beno, shooting SF like Casppi and a defensive big in Dalembert rather than a post scorer like Cousins.

3. He has no desire to win anymore like he did in his rookie year. Seems like the losing mentality has gotten to him.

I like how you've only watched him play twice this year and you have him figured out. Pretty impressive.

JLynn943
03-29-2012, 03:50 AM
Last year was pretty much lost because he either wasn't playing because he was injured or was not 100% when he did play. This year he's been moved around, but that's not an excuse for his jumper.

He apparently just started working with Keith Veney, who has worked with Dirk, Paul Pierce, Ben Gordon, etc. on their shot. If he can get his shot back (supposedly he was a great shooter before playing for Calipari) and have it be consistent, he'll be much, much harder to defend. His ability to get to the rim plus even just a good mid-range shot would have him exceeding his rookie year stats.

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but even in the short time he's worked with Veney, he doesn't seem to have the weird fadeaway as often. I've noticed normal-looking, high-arcing shots that are actually going in. I'm just praying that that's a sign of things to come...

Ebbs
03-29-2012, 04:06 AM
Like some people said after year 1 there was high expectations. I honestly thought of him as Wade 2.0.

I think he would benefit from a change of scenery and think he is a much better 2/3 than a 1. I don't mind him at small forward at all, and if he can improve on his shooting like everyone is saying I think we could see a better version of Caron Butler.

A Mayo + Randolph for Reke + somebody would be a great move for the Grizz.

Reke + Salmons + Thompson for Pau would been intriguing also

Sactown
03-29-2012, 04:50 AM
He's changed positions 436435 times this season and developed so much of his game, but unfortunately he's just started with his shot.. Next year when we get a legit SF we should move Thornton to the bench and move Tyreke to the SG

HouRealCoach
03-29-2012, 04:50 AM
Like some people said after year 1 there was high expectations. I honestly thought of him as Wade 2.0.

I think he would benefit from a change of scenery and think he is a much better 2/3 than a 1. I don't mind him at small forward at all, and if he can improve on his shooting like everyone is saying I think we could see a better version of Caron Butler.

Those are two HORRIBLE trades lol.. U think if he doesnt play well next to DMC & Thornton that he will next to Kobe & Bynum?

Anyways.. I think they should keep him, draft Sullinger, sign a solid spot up shooter/df at sf and get a 3 point threat at pg and run the team thru him & dmc with Thornton as the 6th man

Fresno
03-29-2012, 05:44 AM
Those are two HORRIBLE trades lol.. U think if he doesnt play well next to DMC & Thornton that he will next to Kobe & Bynum?

Anyways.. I think they should keep him, draft Sullinger, sign a solid spot up shooter/df at sf and get a 3 point threat at pg and run the team thru him & dmc with Thornton as the 6th man

- Draft Sullinger? Im assuming you believe DeMarcus Cousins is supposed to anchor the post without any help defender. Kings need a Shot Blocker/Defensive PF to put next to Cousins although Thompson has been decent, but he should be a bench player.

- Get a 3 point threat at PG? Isaiah Thomas has been tearing it up in his rookie season and this is basically only his 2nd year really playing the PG position as hes been an off guard. Not to mention Jimmer is going to continue developing his PG skills this offseason while also playing into a role as a spot shooter.

Only thing missing is a SF, unless management believes Tyreke is the permanent answer at SF.

Fresno
03-29-2012, 05:52 AM
Last year was pretty much lost because he either wasn't playing because he was injured or was not 100% when he did play. This year he's been moved around, but that's not an excuse for his jumper.

He apparently just started working with Keith Veney, who has worked with Dirk, Paul Pierce, Ben Gordon, etc. on their shot. If he can get his shot back (supposedly he was a great shooter before playing for Calipari) and have it be consistent, he'll be much, much harder to defend. His ability to get to the rim plus even just a good mid-range shot would have him exceeding his rookie year stats.

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but even in the short time he's worked with Veney, he doesn't seem to have the weird fadeaway as often. I've noticed normal-looking, high-arcing shots that are actually going in. I'm just praying that that's a sign of things to come...

The problem is the mid-range shot is the lowest % shot in basketball. You've only got a handful of guys who are efficient scorers shooting mid-range jumpers but its a small group.

He shoots a terrible % from there but that doesn't mean he "cant shoot" like everybody thinks. Most of his mid-range shots are him getting the ball on an isolation and pulling up for a shot. Already mentioned how most players aren't good mid-range shooters, but there is maybe 2 or 3 guys who can consistently hit pull-up mid-range jumpers while isolating and thats Kobe, Melo, & Durant.

What Tyreke needs to learn is how to fit into the flow of an offense and to play with an aggresive demeanor all game. With his crossover he can create space with ease and hes one of the craftiest finishers at the basket, and I dont understand why he doesn't keep attacking the rim more often. Hes a top FT shooter as well and if he can consistently get 2 points either by making a tough basket or drawing the foul to get to the Line it makes him a bigger threat.

Just look at LeBron for instance, Tyreke isn't as much of a freak athlete but he needs to watch tape on how LeBron operates either getting to the rim or pulling up for 3. Also work on posting up and using his size advantage much more.

Chronz
03-29-2012, 06:03 AM
Reke gets too much heat for his play not building on that great rookie year. He has been with the most unstable team over the past 3 years, and dealt with a pesky injury last year.

While I don't think he will be a star like I did after his first year, he is going to be a very capable #3 on any team competing.

A #3? You sure about that?

D12 fan
03-29-2012, 10:21 AM
He would be a great fit for the Magic,they need a guy who can get to the basket.

Giraffes Rule
03-29-2012, 01:05 PM
If he needs to work on his shot, ship him down to San Antonio. Best shooting coach in the league.

MrfadeawayJB
03-29-2012, 01:53 PM

No thanks on that trade it would be a horrible move for the grizz

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-29-2012, 02:01 PM
needs to develop a jumper, he has the ugliest jumper in the league:puke:

uprightciti
03-29-2012, 02:14 PM
tyreke would put a semi contender over the top and they could seriously contend he would be a great 6th man in atlanta

DerekRE_3
03-29-2012, 02:24 PM
A #3? You sure about that?

If he learns to shoot, absolutely.

GiantsSwaGG
03-29-2012, 02:28 PM
He's a scrub

Sactown
03-29-2012, 02:29 PM
If he learns to shoot, absolutely.

I think he would be best suited at the 2

PleaseBeNice
03-29-2012, 06:30 PM
He's a scrub

Former ROY that averaged 20-5-5 and is currently averaging 17-5-5 = Scrub?

xbrackattackx
03-29-2012, 06:46 PM

Bet he thinks Lin is better then Tyfreak. lololol

Punk
03-29-2012, 06:46 PM

Please ignore...

GiantsSwaGG
03-29-2012, 07:48 PM

Mike James average 20.0ppg one season whats your point!

GiantsSwaGG
03-29-2012, 07:49 PM
Bet he thinks Lin is better then Tyfreak. lololol

As a pure point guard he is...

Btw it was a joke. You guys need to pull your skirt down once in a while

ZebraCity916
03-29-2012, 09:37 PM
Mike James average 20.0ppg one season whats your point!

One season. Evans has put up good numbers like that every season.

Him regressing a little don't mean anything. He's had 2 coaches since he's been in the league. He's had injuries. A lot of players have come and gone on the Kings roster. It's not like he's been playing with the same core group of guys for the last 3 years.

Just because a player isn't playing as well as everybody expects him to play, doesn't mean he's a "scrub".

Oh, and he's only 22.

mavwar53
03-29-2012, 10:03 PM
he's an average player right now, he's lost all consistency, he shot is still terrible, not sure if he just doesn't care or if he really does practice but what ever it is isn't working. 17-5-5 are nice numbers but when it comes at 25-7-7 one night and then 9-3-3 the next it just means you are an average player, great one night, terrible the next. The average looks decent but its the product of real high high's and real low low's.

Also even though the numbers are nice this is the second year in a row these numbers have declined, and when you decline 2 years in a row and you're not over 30 its a bad sign. Also it's obvious that Cousins is the centerpiece of the team, Tyreke is probably the 4th most important player on the team as of right now with Cousins, Thorton, and Thomas all more important to their winnings right now.

JLynn943
03-29-2012, 10:12 PM
The problem is the mid-range shot is the lowest % shot in basketball. You've only got a handful of guys who are efficient scorers shooting mid-range jumpers but its a small group.

He shoots a terrible % from there but that doesn't mean he "cant shoot" like everybody thinks. Most of his mid-range shots are him getting the ball on an isolation and pulling up for a shot. Already mentioned how most players aren't good mid-range shooters, but there is maybe 2 or 3 guys who can consistently hit pull-up mid-range jumpers while isolating and thats Kobe, Melo, & Durant.

What Tyreke needs to learn is how to fit into the flow of an offense and to play with an aggresive demeanor all game. With his crossover he can create space with ease and hes one of the craftiest finishers at the basket, and I dont understand why he doesn't keep attacking the rim more often. Hes a top FT shooter as well and if he can consistently get 2 points either by making a tough basket or drawing the foul to get to the Line it makes him a bigger threat.

Just look at LeBron for instance, Tyreke isn't as much of a freak athlete but he needs to watch tape on how LeBron operates either getting to the rim or pulling up for 3. Also work on posting up and using his size advantage much more.

He has a tendency to keep attacking even when teams just clog the lane and pretty much just shut that down for him... Against the Spurs yesterday he drove into the lane a bunch of times and one of three things happened each time: 1. he just lost the ball because of how many guys were in there, 2. he made the smart pass, 3. he actually scored. Unfortunately, more often than not, the play did not go the Kings way.

His and LeBron's methods of getting to the rim are pretty different. LeBron is insanely athletic and is huge, so he can pretty much just power through people. Tyreke probably could power through more than he does, but what he is really good at is using his speed and incredible body control. Perhaps if he took the LeBron approach he'd get a lot more three point opportunities and teams would think twice about moving another man in the paint for foul-prevention reasons I guess.

I didn't really think the mid-range shot was so difficult, but I guess there aren't too many guards that attack and shoot it well from there.

Last, I agree with you about him needing to figure out how to fit in with the offense, but when he's been switching around between three positions all season, I'm sure it's not easy. The good thing is that he seems to be putting in the effort on improving and is putting the team first. It may be me just being hopeful, but I really think he can and will pull it all together soon. If everything goes well, he could become a top 20 player. He has the potential.

ATLPRIMETIME21
03-29-2012, 10:24 PM
I would love to have Reke on the Hawks. I wish we could get rid of Marvin Williams who was the worst #2 overall pick in the history of the NBA. Deron Williams, Chris Paul, Andrew Bynum, Danny Granger and David Lee were all notable picks taken after him. Then what do the Hawks do with the #5 pick the next year freakin Shelden Williams

mavwar53
03-29-2012, 10:33 PM
I would love to have Reke on the Hawks. I wish we could get rid of Marvin Williams who was the worst #2 overall pick in the history of the NBA. Deron Williams, Chris Paul, Andrew Bynum, Danny Granger and David Lee were all notable picks taken after him. Then what do the Hawks do with the #5 pick the next year freakin Shelden Williams

Haha, never thought about their picks but yeah thats pretty bad.