PDA

View Full Version : (help!)This is a serious question???

K0BE8124
03-28-2012, 07:36 PM
This question has been bothering me For sometimes so I decided to ask and get peoples responds. might be off topic but still..... Thanks

Is NBA or basketball a real full time job or just job period or just a game for entertainment ???

Please share :)

PhillyFaninLA
03-28-2012, 07:41 PM
Its a real job. It takes training, a strong work out routine, hours upon hours of practice and refining of skill, film study, game planning, hard work and dedication and this is just if your a player. If you aren't a player its absolutely a real job. The only people its a game for entertainment for our people that play for fun or is just a fan.

Fnom11
03-28-2012, 08:06 PM
Probably one of the harder jobs for some of these guys. The shear amount of criticism alone these guys receive is astounding, not saying it isn't rightfully so however. Then you have the ridiculous training MOST of these guys put themselves through. Then you have the traveling which can be pretty hard for some guys. You also have the pressure some of these guys go through.

I'd definitely say it's a full time job.

K0BE8124
03-28-2012, 08:13 PM
I get both views but, that is sure not in the millions?? Better people deserve millions then NBA players, doctors save lives cure cancer, fire fighters, cops, very hard jobs these days minimum wage or around 9-10 per hour, their is more probably.. idk it could be a job but also can not in my opinion

VinceCarter
03-28-2012, 08:20 PM
I get both views but, that is sure not in the millions?? Better people deserve millions then NBA players, doctors save lives cure cancer, fire fighters, cops, very hard jobs these days minimum wage or around 9-10 per hour, their is more probably.. idk it could be a job but also can not in my opinion

It's a business....which happens to make a lot of money therefore the players who make up a good portion of the business make big profits.

The goods
03-28-2012, 08:20 PM
Its a full time job,you have to put so much time and effort into it and some players don't realize that,that's why they don't reach their full potiental,you have to put time into your craft no matter what it is or you get fired or cut in this case.

Meatmypet
03-28-2012, 08:25 PM

If owners decided to give $100,000 starting pay to professional sports players, all the players have to do is go on strike ( which is what they did this past summer. )

If players aren't playing, then owners aren't making money. Who's losing more money in the long run? Lol. That's why professional sports players make millions. It's a business at the end of the day.

ATLPRIMETIME21
03-28-2012, 08:27 PM
I see where you are coming from as far as saying Doctors and other people such as cops firefights etc. should be making the real money is an argument we have had here at work numerous times. But the sad part about it the game of basketball brings in billions of dollars and the owners have to pay these players that much money to retain there services because somebody set the bar that high. Anyways to answer your question it is definitely a full time job. I played basketball for the US Air Force for 3 years and it was so time consuming and stressful that we were not allowed to do what we were trained to do for the Air Force. I would say my job as a fighter jet mechanic is much easier

PrettyBoyJ
03-28-2012, 08:56 PM
I would say its a full time job in the aspect that you really are giving up a lot to play basketball yeah it's something you make like to do, but think about some guys who have to be away from their families for long periods of time.. Your bind by contract not to participate in certain activities, your suppose to stay a certain weight, not to mention the amount of work guys put in.. And you could also look at it in this pov professional athletes create a lot of jobs.. So many ppl benefit from a basketball season, football etc to feed their families.

Hawkeye15
03-28-2012, 09:25 PM
If you get legally paid to do it, its a job.

Ladies Man
03-28-2012, 09:50 PM
It is a job. You may be born with talent but it is up to you to maintain that talent by working hard

JasonJohnHorn
03-28-2012, 09:52 PM
One does not exclude the other. Its a job and its entertainment.