PDA

View Full Version : Brown benches Bynum

dannyh1469
03-28-2012, 01:02 AM
Mike brown benched Andrew Bynum tonight against the warriors, and well it was because Bynum shot a 3 but it just seems really childish for both brown and Bynum, what do u guys think the outcome Is going to be from his benching?

PleaseBeNice
03-28-2012, 01:05 AM
Bynum will probably say something un-needed after the game or maybe he wont. Why is he shooting a 3 when he has no touch outside the paint?

ManRam
03-28-2012, 01:13 AM
Bynum was laughing and messing around. He can be a mental midget...and Brown benched him for it. That's 100% fine in my books. Play hard, play right and take it seriously...or sit on the bench.

I know for damn sure that SVG would sit Howard down if he jacked up a three early in the shot clock...and just because Brown is new in LA and benched the golden child the other day, doesn't mean he shouldn't be allowed to do the same...especially if it's "right".

MTone8788
03-28-2012, 01:15 AM
He made one against the grizzlies on Sunday

sf-fanatic
03-28-2012, 01:17 AM
LOL it was hilarious when he shot the 3

h1gh3rl1mt1s
03-28-2012, 01:19 AM
I was like "wtf is he doing when he attempted that 3 point shot". When Brown put him back in, he tried to fake a 3 point shot again and was acting whatever. Even during his free throws were just tossed. Also don't forget both times when the warriors just drove and dunked straight to the basket and Bynum just standing idle like "oops my bad"...

Bynum is just a grown *** kid. Smh.

Raph12
03-28-2012, 01:20 AM
Oh please, more coaches need to grow a pair and bench guys who aren't doing what they're supposed to do... Especially with how poorly Bynum was playing; 4-13 and only 5 rebounds? To top it off, he took a 3, boy needs to go back to being a dominant big.

shep33
03-28-2012, 01:21 AM
I don't think they like each other in all truth. The back and forth between these two has been going on this whole year

Teeboy1487
03-28-2012, 01:22 AM
Bynum deserved it. It was not just the 3. He did not get back on defense right after it. Bynum is so talented but he still has alot of maturing to do. Also, Brown is still a mediocre coach. He won't be coaching long in LA. He is already starting to lose the team which sucks, but his coaching stinks.

John Walls Era
03-28-2012, 01:23 AM
Bynum has 0 respect for him and Brown probably knows that. Add that with how he acts sometimes and Brown needed to make a statement. Doubt it got acrossed as Bynum knows the Lakers value him more than Brown.

ghettosean
03-28-2012, 01:27 AM
Bynum has 0 respect for him and Brown probably knows that. Add that with how he acts sometimes and Brown needed to make a statement. Doubt it got acrossed as Bynum knows the Lakers value him more than Brown.
Yep... Last year he had little respect for Phil Jackson also... Makes me wonder about him and his future with the lakers.

ghettosean
03-28-2012, 01:30 AM
Oh please, more coaches need to grow a pair and bench guys who aren't doing what they're supposed to do... Especially with how poorly Bynum was playing; 4-13 and only 5 rebounds? To top it off, he took a 3, boy needs to go back to being a dominant big.
This...

I've been *****ing about Spo lately... Bosh only had 1 Rebound going into the 4th quarter the other night and Spo still played him right until the bitter end of the game even when it was hopeless to come back against indy.

More coaches need to grow balls it will cause problems at 1st but you need to have your players respect you and well if they aren't doing what they are supposed to take them out and let them think about it. I don't think any Laker fans are going to ***** about Bynum hitting the pine.

Avenged
03-28-2012, 01:31 AM
Bynum has no respect for Brown which is unfortunate with the playoffs looming.

Bynum was benched for taking a 3, but then was brought back in and what did he do?? He faked 3 point shot, drove to the lean and attempted a fadeaway shot. :laugh2:.

MetroMan
03-28-2012, 01:34 AM

ur sig

:speechless:

Avenged
03-28-2012, 01:36 AM
Bynum said message he got was not to take 3's if u r going to miss. "But I'm going to take some more."

Looks like Bynum learned his lesson! :clap:

LOL

ghettosean
03-28-2012, 01:37 AM

LOL:laugh2:

Teeboy1487
03-28-2012, 01:38 AM

LOL

:speechless: Also, Raph always has the best sigs.

Mr_Amaziing
03-28-2012, 01:40 AM
:)
Bynum is a pro
lol

Mr_Amaziing
03-28-2012, 01:42 AM

This
That booty is hot

ghettosean
03-28-2012, 01:46 AM
Yes we must find out where he gets these...

The current on puts me into a trace for 30 seconds to a minute everytime I pass it.

Raph12
03-28-2012, 01:47 AM
Bynum's an immature little kid, now that he's being recognized as one of the good/great bigs in the league, he's slacking... He hasn't gotten into double figure rebounding in his last 4 games and had only 4 rebounds in over 41 mins the other night.

It's sad to see a talent like his wasted, he could be so much better.

ghettosean
03-28-2012, 01:49 AM
He might just be mad that he wasn't chosen to enter the 3 point competition this year. He can take down Love no problem... lol.

Gators123
03-28-2012, 01:51 AM

LOL

:laugh2: Thats funny.

Avenged
03-28-2012, 02:05 AM
Kobe's thoughts on this??

Kobe suggested young Lakers coaches might've overreacted to Bynum's 3-point attempt: "I think he was testing the limits of his game."

Kobe said Bynum reminded him of a young Kobe by trying stuff out on the court, said it was "familiar." Kobe not trippin' about it.

.. Said coaches overreacted.. Like I said, no respect for Brown.

Metta's reaction:

"I thought it was a good shot"

:laugh2:

Mike Brown has lost his team.

ThunderousDemon
03-28-2012, 02:21 AM

Metta's reaction:

In the words of Dave Hester,"Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup".

Gators123
03-28-2012, 02:22 AM
Testing the limits of his game? More like testing the limits of Mike Brown...

Longhornfan1234
03-28-2012, 02:45 AM
I like Bynum a lot.

xk4
03-28-2012, 02:48 AM
Entire team is trolling. That is ****ing awesome

Hellcrooner
03-28-2012, 02:53 AM
i would say he wasnt benched for the 3 taken.

he was benched because he was putting 0 effort in defense and rebounding, right after another game where he put 0 effort in defesne and rebounding ( one wich we lsot btw)

MeLaPelan!
03-28-2012, 03:01 AM

Metta's reaction:

as a laker fan I don't know whether to laugh or not, but that's some funny ****.

the team is trolling potato head hard.

Raph12
03-28-2012, 03:50 AM
I expect more professionalism from Kobe, obviously the team will follow their leader and Kobe is acting like an immature little *****. It's no surprise that the coach that was hired, without Kobe Bryant's permission (god forbid), is now being trolled by his players when their leader is saying the stuff he's saying... I remember when it came down to the final shot and Mike called timeout when Kobe took the ball up the court and Kobe just scoffed and chuckled at that decision.

Classless performance guys, so much for professionalism.

kblo247
03-28-2012, 03:52 AM
Mike Trudell ‏ @LakersReporter

Mike Brown, regarding the Bynum benching, kept it simple with: "I just wanted to go in a different direction."Mike punked out as expected by being beyond passive aggressive and wishy washy which is why he will never get respect

----------------------

Let me rant on this:

He blew it with Kobe when he called him out for a preseason game, then took it back and said man his shots were good less than 24 hours later. Called him out for Denver and took it back. Repeated the process in Washington. Benched him and made up a bs excuse of resting him. Kobe called off his play versus Boston to trust Drew and Drew gave him and not Brown credit. IT also didn't help that after the benching to start the game he was on the sideline and called over 10 isos for Kobe to start the game as a mea culpa, like a *****.

Drew had already questioned him publicly before three times before today.

Pau questioned his role and being told to shoot jumpers over playing in he post and wasting his skills.

Matt questioned him on twitter and mason & ireland about being benched with no reason given, and only was added to the rotation when people started chanting we want matt.

Fish told Kerr he didn't get why he felt it was necessary for him to call every single play out to vets who have been there and won before. He called a closed door players meeting. He took the clipboard from him literally in Minny to break a zone Brown couldn't and Bynum quickly gave him credit and dismissed Brown getting it.

Ron called him a stat guy without a feel for the game. That hurt the worse because he was one of his former assistants so anyone who would know how qualified he was or what he is capable of would be Ron.

Luke went to Ding and questioned his rotations. He wanted to know why minutes weren't being earned and he given a shot instead of the coach playing favorites, despite his play at PF being good in the only extended time he got versus Phoneix and Utah.

Josh wanted to know why he was taken out the rotation as did reporters, and he said he was told nothing to the media and wanted answers. Shortly after, welcome back to the rotation

Mike told Lisa Salters last game he promised Blake he would still get his minutes as he doesn't want to lose him

Mike's biggest problem is he is not a good head coach. Not for this cast. We have volatile seasoned guys who have played their roles and won. He can't tell them how to win, how to play, what is right championship level basketball without them laughing because unlike him they have won when it matters. He also can't be their buddy because they aren't in to dancing, posing on sidelines for picks, and choreographed foolishness like he promoted in Cleveland. The fact he has no experience as a player or coach managing a condensed season also is blatantly obvious with his bad rotations and high minutes he placed on the big 3

Another fault is that he has a horrible assistant coaching staff that deserves ZERO respect. They should have paid Hamblen, Hodges, and Cleamons to stay as his assistants

Like Martin would say, Mike needs to get to stepping after this season.

I'm amused, not even mad as this is the opposite of Kobe/Shaq years ago. The players are united. Management might have thought getting rid of soft ra ra voices in Fish and Lamar would have stopped it but it brought them closer. They are think as thieves going to strip clubs, dinners, and all that together and deflecting blame from one another. Cohesion baby, cohesion

And check out my sig

PleaseBeNice
03-28-2012, 03:59 AM
The hypocrisy between this and some other situations that have happened like this is un****ingbelievable.

kblo247
03-28-2012, 04:05 AM
It is laughable because Mike has made it that way. He is way past passive aggressive. He makes comments or decisions and then backtracks, apologizes, grins, and laughs with that potato head face. He will never get respect from this team and he shouldn't because of his behavior.

And remember respect at a championship level is earned not given, when the guys you are coaching have titles and have won more than you and your staff put together.

Mike retracts and contradicts himself everyday. Kobe won't respect that, Derek didn't, and the others aren't and all put him on blast without Kobe uttering one negative word but smirking. Sure he might not like being told you had a crappy game, but if you say it in public, you better damn well stick to it. You better damn well be real about why Bynum got benched. You better be real when you tell players one thing and do another. When you aren't real like Mike has been, you are seen as fickle, wishy washy, a *****, a *****, and you will never be given nor earn respect.

It ain't Cleveland. Guys ain't here to be his friend, find him funny, dance, pose, and clown. They are about rings and not one player in that locker room has directed any blame at another. They have even protected one another this year and stuck together. I ain't mad at them

kblo247
03-28-2012, 04:09 AM

Metta's reaction:

Pau said the players would address the benching with the coaching staff after patting Drew on the back and smiling.

They are all in full on troll mode top to bottom.

justjames
03-28-2012, 04:11 AM
The lesson should have been to get some damn rebounds.

UnWantedTheory
03-28-2012, 04:19 AM
I support Brown completely. The kiddies need to suck it up already.

ThunderousDemon
03-28-2012, 04:22 AM
I expect more professionalism from Kobe, obviously the team will follow their leader and Kobe is acting like an immature little *****. It's no surprise that the coach that was hired, without Kobe Bryant's permission (god forbid), is now being trolled by his players when their leader is saying the stuff he's saying... I remember when it came down to the final shot and Mike called timeout when Kobe took the ball up the court and Kobe just scoffed and chuckled at that decision.

Classless performance guys, so much for professionalism.

Are you a Lakers fan and do you watch most if not all of their games. If you knew how awful Mike Browns rotations are, you would be a little more lighthearted to what occurred. The guy will bench Bynum for taking a stupid shot, but he won't bench Troy Murphy and Steve Blake for their back to back to back to back to back to back negative games. He needs to address his rotations first and foremost.

ThunderousDemon
03-28-2012, 04:23 AM
Pau said the players would address the benching with the coaching staff after patting Drew on the back and smiling.

They are all in full on troll mode top to bottom.

I ****ing love your sig :clap: :up: :worthy: :nod: :laugh: :hi5: :cheers: :rock: :dance: :win: :lift:

ThunderousDemon
03-28-2012, 04:25 AM
I support Brown completely. The kiddies need to suck it up already.

lol, Do you even watch the Lakers play? You fans from other teams are being to stern, lighten up a bit.

kblo247
03-28-2012, 04:36 AM
I ****ing love your sig :clap: :up: :worthy: :nod: :laugh: :hi5: :cheers: :rock: :dance: :win: :lift:

Shout out to golden knight lol. I had never seen something more fitting

Also, I expected there to be a revolt against Brown. The how it happened worried me before, but not anymore as the how became the team getting one anothers back and being a united front. It is greatly amusing

sf-fanatic
03-28-2012, 04:50 AM
I think it was a good open shot and honestly hilarious. Don't mind a center taking a three at all lol.

But I think lately Bynum has been slacking and trying to mimic Dwight Howard's foolishness lately. Dwight has fun while playing hard, I don't think the same for Bynum.

sf-fanatic
03-28-2012, 04:56 AM
I'd rather Bynum shooting threes than John Wall.

kblo247
03-28-2012, 05:07 AM
Phil would have let him take it for $50 bucks. He once got fined for taking one vs Atlanta and PHil mad ehim give him $50 out his wallet and said my dinner is on him

Iron24th
03-28-2012, 05:32 AM
Welcome to LaLaLand!

JJ_JKidd
03-28-2012, 05:54 AM
Its time for the players to bench Brown aka FAIL

ldawg
03-28-2012, 07:00 AM
Bynum do this type of childish crap all the time. Pushing people out the Air when he gets frustrated, taking off his shirt when being kicked out the game, parking in wrong spot, making fun of the refs when he gets t up, high five fans and delay following his ejection, not playing hard when he dont get the ball, jog up court when he don't get his way, Did not like Phil, now he don't like Brown his coach, Shooting three when he knows better. Said thing is he thinks its all funny. This is why i think La should have swap him for Howard but then Howard i thought he was more hungry for rings. But then Howard became wish wash not sure what he wants, wanted to run a team and pick who he wants and get angry if the team don't think those players fit. I guess it fit to say these players are what they are called players. They are all childish rich kids that never grew into men. Brown did the right thing and bench him he was not taking the game serious when they have lost a few games already. Phil benched Bynum late in game plenty for lack of hustle. Bynum is the reason Pau is still a Laker Bynum is not dependable both physically and mentally. Pau IMO remain the key to any rings in LA. La hopes depends on how well Pau and Kobe plays. This team has always absorb bad plays from Bynum even won rings. He was having a bad night and that is why he was acting that way, thats a normal thing for him.

kdspurman
03-28-2012, 09:07 AM
I'm glad Brown did it. And I would probably bench him for a game if he pulled something like that again. Dude was 1-7 in 3's for his career. He's a 7 foot 2 center talking a walk up 3 like he's Chauncey Billups.

You only see that kind of thing in an all star game. Regardless of Brown's questionable rotations, I support his decision. And Bynum's comments after, were just plain immature and ignorant. If I'm the coaching staff , and he takes another one, he's definitely sitting out again.

SteBO
03-28-2012, 09:09 AM
Like I said when it happened, Brown is the worst coach for a team like the Lakers.....if this doesn't prove it, I don't know what will.

NYKnickFanatic
03-28-2012, 09:17 AM
sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/526617_402764733085390_367810133247517_1435520_574 538384_n.jpg

omdigga
03-28-2012, 10:16 AM
i thought he got benched more for not getting back on D on the next play. his postgame comment that hes gonna still take 3's shows he is still immature and not ready to be a franchise guy.

NYtilIdie
03-28-2012, 10:31 AM
This whole rebellious attitude is going to be funny when it makes them fall flat in the playoffs

StuKovacs
03-28-2012, 11:06 AM
As a Laker fan... what a disaster... Love what this guy has done with the defense but is he trying to get fired or something???

ManRam
03-28-2012, 11:09 AM
It clearly wasn't just the shot...

A part of it was that, for sure. It was also him not hustling back when David Lee torched him down the court for an easy lay up. It was him laughing and joking around about it on the bench. It was his reaction after his ejection the other day. It's probably a lot more that we don't know about it. It's not a secret that he's a bit immature...I'm sure there have been other incidents.

And via his comments after the game, he clearly just doesn't get it.

Blame Brown all you want...it doesn't make it OK for paid professional athletes to act like 12 year olds...or jeopardize their team's success. They're not showing any level of maturity...from the top of the player food chain to the bottom.

RaiderLakersA's
03-28-2012, 11:42 AM
Bynum vowed to continue to "expand his game" by taking shots from beyond the arc.

"I guess, 'Don't take 3s' is the message, but I'm going to take another one and I'm going to take some more, so I just hope it's not the same result," Bynum said. "Hopefully I make it."

Gasol, who is 5-for-19 on 3-pointers this season after going just 19-for-85 in his first 10 seasons, was not on board with his fellow 7-footer's plan.

"That's not his game," Gasol said. "That's not his game. Hopefully it's just one bad game, it's out of the way. ... We'll be fine. Andrew understands. He's a good guy, and he'll do the right thing."

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/7746036/los-angeles-lakers-andrew-bynum-benched-late-golden-state-warriors

Uh oh, Drew is giving in to the Dark Side. "Darth Bynum....RISE!!!!"

This is hilarious, as is typically the case whenever you have highly gifted and accomplished youth challenging authority.

On the one hand I fully agree with Mike Brown on this point. I know there are other big men around the league who can drill the 3 regularly. That's been the case historically. But that is NOT Drew's game. Points in the paint are a strength. Having our 5 attempt 3's doesn't make the Lakers better. At all.

On the other hand, this clearly isn't about Darth Bynum's shot selection, but about Mike Brown as the HC and I fully empathize with Drew here. I don't think that Brown was the right coach for this squad. Kobe has already said that he's not going to challenge Brown at all. But that doesn't mean that the rest of the troops aren't already targeting Brown in their laser designators and dialing up airstrikes for the head coach. It wouldn't be the first time that star players got a coach fired in LA.

L@ker4Life
03-28-2012, 12:04 PM
I'm a HUGE Bynum supporter, but the way he's played the last few games, specifically on the defensive side has been atrocious. Brown Shoulda benched him 2 games ago. It's one thing to go out there and have fun, it's another thing to **** around and not take the game seriously. It's disrespectful to the players, the coaches, and the fans that are rooting for the team.

kdspurman
03-28-2012, 12:26 PM
Isn't Brown the one who tried to make more of an effort to get Bynum the ball and let him go to work? And this guy responds with blatant disrespect? I really hope they have him sit out a game. He really needs to grow up

kblo247
03-28-2012, 12:54 PM
Isn't Brown the one who tried to make more of an effort to get Bynum the ball and let him go to work? And this guy responds with blatant disrespect? I really hope they have him sit out a game. He really needs to grow up

You should say Mitch and Jim wanted to get more involved especially after dealing Odom.

Bynum has called Brown out three times this year in the media. First time was about getting touches in the proper place as he had him getting them out the paint early, second time was about poor defensive scheme that had him switching on guards, and third time was about his managing of the minutes and running guys into the ground.

To be fair to drew - Fisher, Matt, Ron, Luke, Josh, and Pau went the media route

Max and Marcellus made a good point. Kobe has not uttered a bad word about Mike yet, but he also hasn't gone out his way to deflect the blame of the others just spoke about it in private. He's just been watching to see how mike responds most of the year, but this is the first time he joined in on the mini trolling after Mike made yet another wish washy move with him the game before. They posed the question, how long does he last if Kobe juts says its open season on mike.

Funny thing is the players are all together as a united force. And what was overlooked yesterday is that they are and have been winning as one in spite of brown as the majority of the rotation has said oh he doesn't know what he is doing. Players don't take clipboards or waive off what coaches tell them when they respect them or trust what they say can win

kblo247
03-28-2012, 01:02 PM
Funniest part of yesterday was Metta and Matt both simultaneously doing the it's good field goal gesture as the 3 went up. Metta on the court and Matt on the bench like they had planned that **** out

NoahH
03-28-2012, 01:11 PM
Browns benching everyone

Chronz
03-28-2012, 01:24 PM
Can someone explain the Pokemon sig?

ThunderousDemon
03-28-2012, 01:28 PM
Can someone explain the Pokemon sig?

Mike Brown has no control over bynum like in the show, Ash had no control over charizard. I can't believe I still remember that, lol

Punk
03-28-2012, 01:30 PM
I think Bynum did it on purpose to kill the Kobe being benched talk. Mike was just showing accountability. Learning from his Cleveland mistakes.

Chronz
03-28-2012, 01:32 PM
Mike Brown has no control over bynum like in the show, Ash had no control over charizard. I can't believe I still remember that, lol

Of course, I stopped watching once they started evolving

Bruno
03-28-2012, 02:36 PM
brown is losing his players. LAL stands no chance in the playoffs if the players are clashing with the coach. browns minute distribution is baffling, and his rotations are absurd.

horrible hiring by the buss family.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyAIkaOQmzM

lakers4sho
03-28-2012, 02:58 PM

you missed out the key part: ash has no control over charizard because he didn't have the gym badges yet. higher level pokemon obey you once you obtain more gym badges.

i think that's a very fair comparison to the situation here.

NYKnickFanatic
03-28-2012, 02:59 PM
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/305613_403115359716994_367810133247517_1436818_619 875096_n.jpg

;)

Birdmannn
03-28-2012, 03:06 PM
you missed out the key part: ash has no control over charizard because he didn't have the gym badges yet. higher level pokemon obey you once you obtain more gym badges.

Ash was just a punk man. Couldnt get Pikachu in a ball. The pigey and butterfree just ditch him.

Wait might be more like brown then we first thought.

LAKobeBryant
03-28-2012, 04:25 PM
when your andrew and you don't want to play because your tired or simply sick just attempt a 3pointer and you get to sit ahahahh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVMLX-q7DNE

its so funny how he's laughing and joking about it

justinnum1
03-28-2012, 04:34 PM
bynum might lead the league in most talent but least mature category.

He is funny tho.

Beasley is high on that list too. Along with mcgee, blatche t-will and a few others.

kblo247
03-28-2012, 04:34 PM
Kobe finished off the night by telling interviewers who were focusing on this incident like it was a loss

Marc J. Spears ‏ @SpearsNBAYahoo
Kobe:"Why is everybody acting like we are in 8th place? You guys were kissing the Clippers’ *** at the start of the season and now here we are in the third seed and everybody is acting like we suck. I don’t understand.”

ThunderousDemon
03-28-2012, 04:40 PM

lol, I remember now, thanks

ThunderousDemon
03-28-2012, 04:43 PM
Kobe finished off the night by telling interviewers who were focusing on this incident like it was a loss

Marc J. Spears ‏ @SpearsNBAYahoo
Kobe:"Why is everybody acting like we are in 8th place? You guys were kissing the Clippers’ *** at the start of the season and now here we are in the third seed and everybody is acting like we suck. I don’t understand.”

lol

Sactown
03-28-2012, 05:19 PM
Kobe looks so confused when he shoots it lol, like "wait was that Bynum?"

BlinkManJan02
03-28-2012, 05:28 PM
That's hilarious I wish I could have seen it.

Chronz
03-28-2012, 05:45 PM

Brown has a few gym badges of his own, Charizard aint mewtoo where you need to win the whole thing before you can even get a crack at him.