PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 disappointments from this season

ATLPRIMETIME21
03-27-2012, 06:38 PM
I took this list from hoopshype.com but I want to know if you guys agree with the list. I only took some of what was wrote about each player but you can go to hoopshype.com to read more

10. Jose Juan Barea, Minnesota
Barea has not lived up to his play of last year in the Finals. He is shooting a poor 37 percent from the field and showing poor leadership skills

9. Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas
I was disappointed when he openly admitted he was not in great shape to open the season and had to take a number of games off. That had a domino effect on a team that should be riding high from winning a championship last year

8. Kendrick Perkins, Oklahoma City
When the Thunder acquired Perkins last season, they expected a Bill Russell-type of player, but Perkins has not lived up to expectations.

7. DeAndre Jordan, Los Angeles Clippers
I heard a Clipper announcer joke when Jordan scored his first basket ever outside the paint in the NBA this season. His teammates made fun about it. His response was, ďI have scored because I have made free throws.Ē Oh really, so he boasts about making 49 percent of his free throws? Jordan should have been embarrassed and gotten into the gym determined to build on something that should already be a part of his arsenal. I would expect a player with freakish athletic skills to at least make progress outside of dunking the ball and blocking shots. Jordan is stagnant and seems to be content, which is disappointing.

6. Raymond Felton, Portland
Felton seems to be a shell of himself since he exploded in a New York Knick uniform and continued his fine play in Denver

5. Metta World Peace, Los Angeles Lakers
Just a few years ago, World Peace was one the best players in the NBA and arguably a Top 5 defender. Age no doubt has had an effect, but he is still in tremendous shape and I believe he has lost the confidence that allowed him to be a beast on both ends of the floor.

4. Jameer Nelson, Orlando
The Magic scored 59 points against the Bulls the other night and the finger is pointed squarely at Nelson. He has a plethora of scorers at his disposal, but has not been able to consistently keep them involved.

3. Blake Griffin, Los Angeles Clippers
I watch Griffin shoot free throws and I cringe at the poor mechanical execution from beginning to end. There is no way he should be shooting 55 percent from the line with his athletic ability to change it. Also, we highlight and boast about his tremendous dunks, but he averages less than one block and steal a game.

2. Danny Granger, Indiana
Granger is shooting a career-worst 39 percent from the field and 33 percent from behind the arc. I am not in the Pacer locker room, but I donít have to be to know that it is a recipe for discord when it comes to post players wanting more touches

1. Lamar Odom, Dallas

Granger is No. 2 on this list, but he is so far removed from No. 1 that Odom is an article all by himself. When you think a player has an opportunity to finally show his worth, Odom shows us why he was traded. I am appalled that he has the gall to be upset he was moved to a world champion when he, more than most, understands what it takes and feels like to become a champion. He has acted like he was traded to the worst team in the league. I am disappointed in Odom mainly because young players are viewing a grown man who has won championships, had success as an individual player and gets a chance to rejuvenate himself on the defending champion and he pouts and plays as if he was back in high school. I have always been an admirer of Odomís skills as a 6-foot-10 basketball player, but I have no explanation as to how he can shoot 34 percent from the field, 58 percent from the free-throw line and grab just 4 rpg when we have seen astronomical numbers from him.

I know Nowitzki is kicking himself for not reporting in great shape because now he can't criticize a player that he knows can help him repeat for a championship this season.

Chronz
03-27-2012, 06:42 PM
He listed the 2 Clippers you cant blame for this season

ATLPRIMETIME21
03-27-2012, 06:52 PM
I didnt agree with Blake Griffin but I can kind of see where they are coming from with Deandre Jordan

Ebbs
03-27-2012, 06:53 PM
Dirk had a slow start but has been pretty Dirkesque the last couple months lol. I don't think I'd throw him in there.

Lamar is having a bust here, but emotionally is unstable. And I really didn't expect much from him. I honestly thought he'd play 10-15 minutes from the 3-5 in a relief type role.

asandhu23
03-27-2012, 06:55 PM
Golden State Warriors: The Owner Guaranteed a Playoff run. The Owner Guaranteed an All Star. The Owner Guaranteed winning record at home.

Result? Nope, Nope and Nope.

5ass
03-27-2012, 06:55 PM
He listed the 2 Clippers you cant blame for this season

ur right i cant believe he put jordan and griffin but not butler

bigsams50
03-27-2012, 07:00 PM
Kemba Walker

homestarunner93
03-27-2012, 07:04 PM
Kemba Walker

x10000

NoahH
03-27-2012, 07:07 PM
Dorrell Wright?? C'mon ! Where is he at? And how bout Stephen Curry!

ATLPRIMETIME21
03-27-2012, 07:10 PM
Tim Duncan who did not dress the other night because the box score stated he was OLD

bigsams50
03-27-2012, 07:11 PM
x10000

I still cant believe we drafted him :( Now we will likely lose DJ.

KnicksR4Real
03-27-2012, 07:13 PM
The knicks? Clippers?

netsgiantsyanks
03-27-2012, 07:15 PM
the nets. but that's every year.

ManRam
03-27-2012, 07:22 PM
Jameer getting some attention!

Granted, not good attention :(

He's been playing better. He'll be our x-factor. He has to be better, for sure. He's the only guy who can create for both himself and others on this team...he needs to do that.

He apparently wasn't in tip top shape, which I believed and even wondered. He says his legs are under him now, and I don't think it's a coincidence that his shot has gotten better as has his play.

Not sure how Melo and/or Amare didn't make this list. With all the time expectations they had...they've disappointed.

ghettosean
03-27-2012, 07:24 PM
It shouldn't be up there but it should...

Lebron James not entering the dunk contest again!

I don't expect him to enter it but he needs to stop tip toeing around the situation and just say he's never going to enter it and let it be done already. Stop teasing already...

ghettosean
03-27-2012, 07:25 PM

He's been playing better. He'll be our x-factor. He has to be better, for sure. He's the only guy who can create for both himself and others on this team...he needs to do that.

He apparently wasn't in tip top shape, which I believed and even wondered. He says his legs are under him now, and I don't think it's a coincidence that his shot has gotten better as has his play.

Not sure how Melo and/or Amare didn't make this list. With all the time expectations they had...they've disappointed.
Melo and Amare are also good points (though people blame Dantoni for that and not the players). Dirk shouldn't be on the list he's panned out the 2nd half of the year or at least a little before the all star break.

icon1914
03-27-2012, 07:27 PM
I'm a Knicks fan... and right now we are doing fine... but Melo is huge disappointment so far... no where near the value it cost to bring him here... I hope he turns it around...

ATLPRIMETIME21
03-27-2012, 07:41 PM
I'm a Knicks fan... and right now we are doing fine... but Melo is huge disappointment so far... no where near the value it cost to bring him here... I hope he turns it around...

Yea but without the Melo Trade there would be no Jeremy Lin and some of the other guys that have stepped up to be very productive. Look at how poorly Raymond Felton is playing now. The only player the knicks gave up that seems to be doing anything is Danillo

mavwar53
03-27-2012, 07:43 PM
Terrible list, I don't get where a few of these are coming from, I'd have to put steph curry in there, Andrew Bogut, Eric Gordon, and I'd even throw in Paul George, he was talked about quite a bit and he's put up a decent year but is very inconsistent, I was expecting much more from all 4 of those guys.

Cubby
03-27-2012, 07:46 PM

This.

ATLPRIMETIME21
03-27-2012, 07:52 PM
Terrible list, I don't get where a few of these are coming from, I'd have to put steph curry in there, Andrew Bogut, Eric Gordon, and I'd even throw in Paul George, he was talked about quite a bit and he's put up a decent year but is very inconsistent, I was expecting much more from all 4 of those guys.

Curry Bogut and Gordon are all injured and while that can be looked at as a disappointment I think they were going more for players who are not playing at the level they were projected to. So you hit the nail on the head with Paul George

ManRam
03-27-2012, 07:55 PM
Melo and Amare are also good points (though people blame Dantoni for that and not the players). Dirk shouldn't be on the list he's panned out the 2nd half of the year or at least a little before the all star break.

People can blame D'Antoni if they want...but either way, Melo should have played better and there's no excuse that's going to make it OK IMO. He's shooting under 40% this season, that's not all on Mike...especially since he's now gone and Melo is still shooting well under 40% since he left.

AI
03-27-2012, 08:14 PM
I still cant believe we drafted him :( Now we will likely lose DJ.

I'd gladly take Kemba off your hands.

koetravis
03-27-2012, 08:28 PM
How is Kevin Martin not on this list? The guy has sucked the whole year.

Beltrans Mole
03-27-2012, 08:33 PM
Yea but without the Melo Trade there would be no Jeremy Lin and some of the other guys that have stepped up to be very productive. Look at how poorly Raymond Felton is playing now. The only player the knicks gave up that seems to be doing anything is Danillo

And even Gallo has been injured a lot this season. I really wanted to keep either Chandler or Gallo in that deal but to get Melo is was definitely worth it.

BigBlueCrew
03-27-2012, 08:41 PM
Raymond Felton is not a disappointment, he is returning to what he is, without Mike Danphony.

GoPacers33
03-27-2012, 08:54 PM
Grangers numbers have dropped but that is because everyone's else's numbers are up. I don't think he has been a dissapointment especially since th team is winning

MTL_123
03-27-2012, 08:57 PM
Amare
Bosh
Melo
Rip
Nets

should all be considered on the list

JJ_JKidd
03-27-2012, 09:27 PM
Anything about the NBA not named Lebron or Durant

CoffeeJanitor
03-28-2012, 01:56 AM
Ricky Rubio, easily. Didn't live up to the hype at all.

Just my opinion.

basketfan4life
03-28-2012, 02:26 AM
As a huge huge huge fan of him , i gotta say Kobe Bryant is a little disappointing this year, of course not top 10 or anywhere close but still. He should turn this **** around when playoffs come.

Birdmannn
03-28-2012, 03:01 AM

Just my opinion.

Banned! Just kidding but if I could I would for that silly comment.

He was doing awesome outside his shooting his assists and steals for a rookie point guard are really good. So you just being dumb or a troll?

Hellcrooner
03-28-2012, 03:09 AM

Just my opinion.

Check out Minnesotas record:

1 when he came from the bench.

2 WHEN HE STARTED AND STARRED

3 Since he is injured.

If you still are able to repeat your post you should simply ask for medical help.

Birdmannn
03-28-2012, 03:17 AM
Check out Minnesotas record:

1 when he came from the bench.

2 WHEN HE STARTED AND STARRED

3 Since he is injured.

If you still are able to repeat your post you should simply ask for medical help.

Agreed. And this time no one can even argue your being biased :p (had to sorry)

BradfordIsElite
03-28-2012, 11:43 AM
Disappointment is led by expectation. Half of those don't qualify as top disappointing moments from this season.. Dirk, DeAndre, MWP, Griffin, Granger, etc.
I would even put the New Jersey Nets above some of those names. They were expected to make big moves (ala Dwight Howard) and make significant strides with D-Will as their new point guard. That has not happened, therefore, disappointing.
New Orleans is another. First by trading CP3 away to the Clipps after Stern screwing them over by not allowing the Laker trade. As of now, that deal would've had better results for them thus' far.
Portland, another prime example.. just take a look at there record and think back to before the season started and ask yourself if you expected to see them below .500 at this point.
Players who should be mentioned, definitely Lamar Odom who's already stated.. Melo & Amar`e, Zach Randolph's injury before the season, Ricky Rubio just to name a few.

Thunder 9
03-28-2012, 12:08 PM
Nobody here expected perkins to be anything like bill russell.

celtNYpatsHeels
03-28-2012, 12:08 PM
World Peace??? How is he a disapointment? Did people really expect big things from him this year? I sure didnt, I was surprised he didnt lose his starting job

b@llhog24
03-28-2012, 12:22 PM
Carmelo :sad2:

MrfadeawayJB
03-28-2012, 12:45 PM

Just my opinion.

What??? He was beasting before he got injured

HouRealCoach
03-28-2012, 12:52 PM
Carmelo Anthony should be number one & Amare Stoudemire should be somewhere in there

Chronz
03-28-2012, 01:04 PM
I didnt agree with Blake Griffin but I can kind of see where they are coming from with Deandre Jordan
Thats hilarious, they should have tempered their expectations and kept them in line with his projected growth. Hes still arguably our 3rd best player because of his finishing ability and defensive improvement, for most of the season our defense has gone to **** without him on the court, K-Mart has helped those marks alil but its clear how important DJ is on that end for us.

DJ not shooting outside the paint is a strength, it puts pressure on other players but every team can run 1 non scorer on the floor if hes a big defensive body that finishes everything in the paint. Caron Butler has been the bigger let down, and I wasnt expecting much.

DeyAce
03-28-2012, 01:11 PM
Rip Hamilton should be #1

KingPosey
03-28-2012, 01:11 PM
Dirk has been pretty money for a large stretch since the bad start.

It has been a huge misconception that Felton was ever playing lights out. He was really good for less than 2 months in NY, and then kept his scoring numbers up by jacking up shots.

69centers
03-28-2012, 01:18 PM
Steph Curry should be number one.