*Superman*
03-27-2012, 03:14 PM
The shot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=T_rjDuettjw

The reaction:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYBHBC8qsgs

Eagles4Lyfe
03-27-2012, 03:19 PM
What exactly is funny about the reaction??

Gators123
03-27-2012, 03:22 PM
What the **** are they wearing? :laugh2:

FutureGM
03-27-2012, 03:24 PM
lmao I'm a Raptors fan and he's right.

It's stuff like this makes me question Toronto's less than knowledgeable fans.

topdog
03-27-2012, 03:25 PM
Canadians like pizza?

heyman321
03-27-2012, 03:28 PM

Lol who are you to judge? Whoever pays money to go watches the game should have the right to cheer whenever the hell they want. If they get a free slice of pizza, why wouldn't they cheer?

Ebbs
03-27-2012, 03:31 PM
Ahahahahahaha

Ebbs
03-27-2012, 03:35 PM
Toronto needs this guy.

http://www.grouchoreviews.com/content/films/2994/1.jpg

He will put fans in the stands

Raph12
03-27-2012, 03:38 PM
The Raps fans all want to be like Turk; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KElULD40hBw

Seriously though, I was watching that game and was dying from laughter after the reaction to getting free pizza, despite getting whooped lol.

Sadds The Gr8
03-27-2012, 03:39 PM
we have nothing else to cheer for...

ghettosean
03-27-2012, 03:39 PM
I just started laughing as soon as I saw this thread... I live in Toronto and am a season ticket holder. It's funny to see that stuff but lets not pretend that this type of crap doesn't go on in Philly or other places in the league when they get a free burger or something.

The Van Gundy video was classic though!

P.S

What else do we have to cheer for we are one of the worst teams in the league right now... We need junk food to hide our sorrow... lol

phantasyyy
03-27-2012, 03:42 PM
lmao hey if your team pretty much already loss why not cheer for something positive..

ghettosean
03-27-2012, 03:42 PM
Lol who are you to judge? Whoever pays money to go watches the game should have the right to cheer whenever the hell they want. If they get a free slice of pizza, why wouldn't they cheer?
Booya!

John Walls Era
03-27-2012, 03:51 PM
Some of the people just give it to the homeless outside, so its for a good cause at least.

FraziersKnicks
03-27-2012, 03:59 PM
Someone doesn't like ManRam in the comments on the SVG reaction video :laugh2:

FriedTofuz
03-27-2012, 04:02 PM
To be honest, I also didnt know what they were cheering for, until I realized it was for pizza. After a blowout like that, I wouldnt even care for pizza. Well, IF they want to cheer, you cant be mad. people pay good money for tickets anyways.

FriedTofuz
03-27-2012, 04:22 PM
Someone doesn't like ManRam in the comments on the SVG reaction video :laugh2:

Yeah its this guy named CookieWalka
Look what else he's saying in other videos. I wonder who it is. He mentioned me in someone else's post, and by how hes talking and saying things, he just may be a raptor fan.

You must also admit that your Lakers are full of a bunch of **** too. Not to mention you fellow *** munching fans like HellCrooner, Corey, and anyone with Kb or 24 in their sig. Oh gosh they're twats. Most of them have viles of Kobe semen on their necklace. Locks of Kobe pubic hair in their wallets. Imagine a world without Kobephiles...

CookieWalka in reply to LALakeshow4Lyfe(Show the comment) 3 hours ago

This is funny I got called out too I think?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyszeFcM1g0

Though how likely is it that Raps08-09 doesn't like a good male face-sit? He must enjoy the thought of having Milos Raonic's spunk all over his hairy - yet tiny - ball sack. He must also love when Fried Tofu pours hot candle wax all over his belly button. I don't know why I bother with this, I'm not telling you anything you don't know.

CookieWalka 3 hours ago

Ebbs
03-27-2012, 04:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4XvO7HoRxM&feature=relmfu

best hedo video. Career highlights right here.

kdspurman
03-27-2012, 04:32 PM
I wonder if this guy was there. Guy sounds like he could really use some pizza.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK7lIjFsGvg

Celticsfan2007
03-27-2012, 04:33 PM
I now officially feel sorry for Raptors fans... that's just sad...

ManRam
03-27-2012, 04:34 PM
What exactly is funny about the reaction??

The crowd going nuts being down by 20 because of a basket that gets them a slice of pizza.

I laughed a little when I was watching it live. Good promo...keeps the fans into it.

ManRam
03-27-2012, 04:35 PM
CookieWalka is turning legendary...

Also, SVG is a god.

*Superman*
03-27-2012, 04:36 PM

Must be CookieWalka.

ManRam
03-27-2012, 04:40 PM

Hahaha. I've never seen that before. That's awesome.

I literally laughed out loud.

NO IT'S RUDY GAY! NO! NO! NO! NOT THIS GUY!

*Superman*
03-27-2012, 04:44 PM

he's just bitter that he doesn't get a free slice... also Manram like donkey dildos up his caboose, but only if *Superman12* is twisting and thrusting. Good night, and suck my dick, 'Murica.

CookieWalka

:love:

We still good for tonight...

xk4
03-27-2012, 04:46 PM
They tried to give me a Taco voucher at a Kings game. Like that balances out the $10 I had to pay for water. ****ing bastards.

Fans would take these teams more seriously if the owners took the team seriously. Enough with the free food and bobbleheads, it's a mockery

Eagles4Lyfe
03-27-2012, 04:46 PM
:laugh2: :laugh2: cookiewalka is going bananas hahahahahhahaha

FutureGM
03-27-2012, 04:48 PM

Who are you to judge me at all? I'm entitled to my opinion just as much the fans at the game were entitled to their right to cheer.

I just know that I wouldn't be giving someone a standing ovation when he makes a last second shot (which he shouldn't have even took) to give us pizza. I'm embarrassed that more people at the game weren't more pissed about the loss then they were the pizza.

LanceUpperCut
03-27-2012, 04:53 PM
People are going to get all excited claiming it sucks to be a Raptor fan when every smart fan knows what this year is about and overall I'm happy with the effort nightly on a team with very little talent, cheering about a slice of pizza when your out having some drinks having a good time and paying big money to supporting your rebuilding team is fine with me. If this happened during a season were the games were meaning full then I wold have an issue.

3rdCoastFan11
03-27-2012, 04:53 PM
They were probably cheering merely for the fact that they won something. Can't win basketball games, but they can win pizza!

Eagles4Lyfe
03-27-2012, 04:55 PM
Of course a Raptors thread goes up and the baiting follows. While we sit here without being able to say anything in defense.
Keep laughing Magic fans keep laughing

ACanadian
03-27-2012, 04:57 PM

I wonder the same thing everyday

Da Knicks
03-27-2012, 04:59 PM
Cookie walka doing some damage on youtube callin psd out!

Ray_R
03-27-2012, 05:03 PM
Toronto needs this guy.

http://www.grouchoreviews.com/content/films/2994/1.jpg

He will put fans in the stands
No Lie I am listening to Love Me Sexy. Underrated Song

The crowd going nuts being down by 20 because of a basket that gets them a slice of pizza.

I laughed a little when I was watching it live. Good promo...keeps the fans into it.
Hey if Ronnie Brewer wants to get his Free Big Mac on than I don't see why Raptor fans cant. (http://youtu.be/QQskAQHKvQQ)- Shots out to Haggis for Link

CookieWalka is turning legendary...

Also, SVG is a god.
Dribbling God (http://youtu.be/R-GoR28LILo)

5ass
03-27-2012, 05:18 PM
Of course a Raptors thread goes up and the baiting follows. While we sit here without being able to say anything in defense.

Dont single out magic fans. The whole NBA fan base would've laughed at that. They were too excited for a slice of pizza. lol
Anyway, the future is bright for Toronto. With Jonas and a very high 1st round pick this year they'll be able to address their C and SG issues. They should trade Bargnani (for a young PG) and go with Davis at the PF, Jonas at C, Derozan at the SF, Bradley Beal at SG, Calderon at PG if they can.

C_Mund
03-27-2012, 05:27 PM
If I were there I would have cheered too, what else is there to be excited about? Besides, I'm pretty sure half of the crowd was being sarcastic, with the Raps being so offensively challenged this year there haven't been too many slices given out.

ManRam
03-27-2012, 05:32 PM

I wasn't laughing because I thought it was pathetic, I was laughing because it's funny. I don't think it's a sad/pathetic funny...I think it's just a funny funny. The fans were into it, that's awesome. There's nothing wrong with that IMO. You didn't think it was a little cool/funny or anything?

Hell, if I were a fan of the Raptors, and I was there, I'd be cheering as hard as I could too! It's fun :shrug:

THE GIPPER
03-27-2012, 05:37 PM
If I were there I would have cheered too, what else is there to be excited about? Besides, I'm pretty sure half of the crowd was being sarcastic, with the Raps being so offensively challenged this year there haven't been too many slices given out.

this

Radio Rakeem
03-27-2012, 06:14 PM
what a joke...

they need to change the promotion to if they keep the visiting team to under 100, not if they score 100. They want to instil a defensive mindset into a team that has never truly had one and they still have a promotion like this.

ManRam
03-27-2012, 06:22 PM
what a joke...

they need to change the promotion to if they keep the visiting team to under 100, not if they score 100. They want to instil a defensive mindset into a team that has never truly had one and they still have a promotion like this.

This stuff isn't going to get the players to care...it just gets the fans into it. Promotions aren't going to change the mindset of a team.

But your premise is right. DEFENSE >>>

Bears99
03-27-2012, 07:11 PM
Raps have the best fanbase in the NBA imo... Cleveland Browns of the NBA

Raps08-09 Champ
03-27-2012, 07:24 PM
That CookieWalka guy is there too?

:laugh2:

kdspurman
03-27-2012, 07:30 PM

:laugh2: I did the same when I first saw it. It's like he saw it coming. He was not pleased

Mikeleafs
03-27-2012, 07:33 PM
The sad thing is the ACC is quiet the whole game but erupts when they get a slice of pizza. Pathetic...

I never redeem that stupid slice from nasty Pizza Pizza anyway :)

Teeboy1487
03-27-2012, 07:41 PM
LOL at SVG saying 18 point play.

shizzle09
03-27-2012, 07:44 PM
winning team or losing team the fans would cheer for free pizza regardless. Honestly, SVG's reaction is kind of classless. "I guess they'll put that on the highlight real at the end of the year". Really? You won the game so shut the **** up!!!

justinnum1
03-27-2012, 07:45 PM

ghettosean
03-27-2012, 07:45 PM
:laugh2: I did the same when I first saw it. It's like he saw it coming. He was not pleased
That was pretty funny.... I was doing the same thing at home when I watched them play Memphis a few weeks ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br1L7v5gU0Q (not funny but almost the exact same scenario).

I was like ****ing Rudy Gay Raptor killer!

Teeboy1487
03-27-2012, 07:46 PM

SMH at that guy :pity:.

ghettosean
03-27-2012, 07:48 PM
The sad thing is the ACC is quiet the whole game but erupts when they get a slice of pizza. Pathetic...

I never redeem that stupid slice from nasty Pizza Pizza anyway :)
Dude we were getting blown out bad... Of course there not going to be that loud who would in any city. So they cheered for some pizza big deal and I'm the same I never collected on the pizza and I usually give the ticket away for someone who will use it to redeem the slice.

ghettosean
03-27-2012, 07:59 PM
I wasn't laughing because I thought it was pathetic, I was laughing because it's funny. I don't think it's a sad/pathetic funny...I think it's just a funny funny. The fans were into it, that's awesome. There's nothing wrong with that IMO. You didn't think it was a little cool/funny or anything?

Hell, if I were a fan of the Raptors, and I was there, I'd be cheering as hard as I could too! It's fun :shrug:

Dont single out magic fans. The whole NBA fan base would've laughed at that. They were too excited for a slice of pizza. lol
Anyway, the future is bright for Toronto. With Jonas and a very high 1st round pick this year they'll be able to address their C and SG issues. They should trade Bargnani (for a young PG) and go with Davis at the PF, Jonas at C, Derozan at the SF, Bradley Beal at SG, Calderon at PG if they can.
Dude if you think we get loud and excited when we are winning a slice of pizza wait till we start winning ball games.... LOL.

Also the future does look bright and I predict great things for this club next season.

Don't worry we aren't all that testy ;) Can't blame you for everything Stan Van Gundy says. He's talks to D12 for the season so there is bound to be some comedy rub off... lol

ghettosean
03-27-2012, 08:03 PM
winning team or losing team the fans would cheer for free pizza regardless. Honestly, SVG's reaction is kind of classless. "I guess they'll put that on the highlight real at the end of the year". Really? You won the game so shut the **** up!!!
Yes I've seen it in other towns like how Philly gets a burger or something when they get a certain amount of points. It's happened in other places but Van Gundy felt like poking fun... Maybe a little classless but if I was him I might have too... LOL.

Eagles4Lyfe
03-27-2012, 08:05 PM
Raps have the best fanbase in the NBA imo... Cleveland Browns of the NBA

I would but to easy

Sadds The Gr8
03-27-2012, 08:06 PM
Lmfaooooo cookieewalka is goin ham on everyone. :laugh:

heyman321
03-27-2012, 08:12 PM
Who are you to judge me at all? I'm entitled to my opinion just as much the fans at the game were entitled to their right to cheer.

I just know that I wouldn't be giving someone a standing ovation when he makes a last second shot (which he shouldn't have even took) to give us pizza. I'm embarrassed that more people at the game weren't more pissed about the loss then they were the pizza.

Are you kidding? First off : Know that not every single of those 19000 people is hardcore basketball fan, in any given stadium. More than half those people will be one of those people who's friend says "Hey you want to come along?", "Yeah sure I have nothing else to do".

Second: The Raptors season has been a joke and record pathetic, if people want to cheer for pizza let them cheer. Jesus. Get off your high horse.

ghettosean
03-27-2012, 08:13 PM

Kdspurman you don't know about Rudy Gay Bro!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=o4hMBvsGgn0

GodsSon
03-27-2012, 08:43 PM
I was there last night and can say I was cheering for the free slice considering my team just got blown out. What else is there to cheer for?

With that said, I think it was "school night" or something, because I saw tons of school-busses dropping kids off. Not to mention, my entire section was PACKED with kids. How can you hate on kids wanting pizza? lol

MVP1
03-27-2012, 09:06 PM
The pizza isn't the greatest in the world but it's very cheap.

theheatles
03-27-2012, 09:09 PM
was it a slice from Pizza Pizza?

MVP1
03-27-2012, 09:11 PM
We are a laughing stock in the NBA and MLSE is fine with that.

kenzo400
03-27-2012, 09:25 PM

I'm pretty sure that if they had this same deal elsewhere the fans would have the same reactions.

Eagles4Lyfe
03-27-2012, 09:33 PM
I sware lakers fans or a city does this cause if the team scores or holds opponents to under 100 points the fans get a taco. I just find it funny it happens in Toronto and everyones acting like this has never happened before

Eagles4Lyfe
03-27-2012, 09:35 PM
Lmfaooooo cookieewalka is goin ham on everyone. :laugh:

hahahah that dude should make a PSD account he makes fun of all mans

bmd1101
03-27-2012, 09:36 PM
Portland does chalupa's for a win with over 100 points scored.

EDIT:

LOL is it true manram?

FriedTofuz
03-27-2012, 10:59 PM
I sware lakers fans or a city does this cause if the team scores or holds opponents to under 100 points the fans get a taco. I just find it funny it happens in Toronto and everyones acting like this has never happened before
Yeah but people were not laughing at the promotion, they were just laughing because the people at the ACC exploded with joy after they would get pizza.

hahahah that dude should make a PSD account he makes fun of all mans
He probably did have an account and got banned. And now hes roasting everyone possible, including myself. :laugh2:

cdnsportsfan
03-27-2012, 11:08 PM
Whenever cheering over pizza slices happens at the ACC - or booing over a Raps player holding the ball on a big win, thus keeping fans a point or two away from a free slice of pizza (yeah there's been booing in the past too) - it's always been done sarcastically. Those big reactions like this video are saved for the games that are well out of hand in either direction.

This promotion is nothing new been going on for years now, and I've been to a number of Raps game - including a number of home playoff games - and in the close, as well as the hugely important games, the fans don't react that way at all.

But any fan is allowed to have their fun whichever way they want. However, those reactions to pizza are pretty lighthearted. I'm one of those that always gives my ticket on those 100 point nights to the homeless on my way out of the ACC and there always seems to be a lot of tickets with each homeless person I pass, so I don't even think everyone is holding on to their free slice anyway.

MrfadeawayJB
03-27-2012, 11:41 PM
whats the big deal? They were going to lose either way, might as well get a free pizza out of it

Raph12
03-28-2012, 01:36 AM
what a joke...

If they did it that way, they'd have 18 game nights where they'd have to do free pizza; this way, they only got free pizza 5 times this season... It's called business management.

northsider
03-28-2012, 02:30 AM
hahahahahah "we want pizza" chants for the ****ing win lol. That was hilarious.

northsider
03-28-2012, 02:45 AM
You guys should see how the United Center gets when the Bulls score 100. Free big macs for the fattys. Its pretty damn funny however.