PDA

View Full Version : Worst head coach?

Joshtd1
03-27-2012, 02:43 PM
Simple..who do you think the worst active head coach is and why

He115ing
03-27-2012, 02:44 PM
Dantoni. Stubborn, wanted to prove his system works even though it was proven that it will never win a championship. Had a great roster to work with, failed at that. Wanted to run the offense through a rookie when he had Melo and Stat.

tredigs
03-27-2012, 02:49 PM
^Welll to be fair D'Antoni doesn't coach in the NBA right now, or anywehere else for that matter...

I'd go with Scott Brooks. Every pep talk I've heard has been hilariosly unmotivating to me, and his rotations are a joke. Watching him sit Ibaka the entire 4th quarter of the Wolves game (who was having a great game) only to see Derek Fisher out there chucking/missing, chucking/missing, chucking/missing (intersperced with a couple burns on D, I can't say ALL he was doing was missing shots) was incredible. He does this all the time. I don't think he has a solid command of rotations or leadership. And those aren't the totality of his problems. He is a very, very poor choice to have in charge of the best young team in the NBA. For a genius organization, they're ****ing that one up. I'm not positive a Brooks led team can win the title.

Cal827
03-27-2012, 02:51 PM
Vinny Del Negro. The fact that he's still the coach must be completely attributed to the prostitute that Sterling receives advice from.

LongIslandIcedZ
03-27-2012, 02:52 PM
I dont know enough about other teams coaching, but it seems Del Negro out in LA is looking WOAT right now.

Kashmir13579
03-27-2012, 02:53 PM
d'antoni is the worst coach if he doesn't have an elite PG. Otherwise he looks pretty damn good.

bigsams50
03-27-2012, 02:55 PM
Del Negro

ManRam
03-27-2012, 02:58 PM
VDN. I used to kinda defend him...but he's been awful this season.

I think Mark Jackson can be alright, but it's not clear that he's made any sort of positive impact...though, his players aren't the greatest. I think Alvin Gentry is very average. Never thought highly of Mike Brown, and he's just not a good fit.

I can't call Scott Brooks the worst. He doesn't get me excited, but he's certainly not holding his team back IMO. He's not a great coach from what I can tell...but worst? No way. Not even close...

Joshtd1
03-27-2012, 02:58 PM
^Welll to be fair D'Antoni doesn't coach in the NBA right now, or anywehere else for that matter...

I'd go with Scott Brooks. Every pep talk I've heard has been hilariosly unmotivating to me, and his rotations are a joke. Watching him sit Ibaka the entire 4th quarter of the Wolves game (who was having a great game) only to see Derek Fisher out there chucking/missing, chucking/missing, chucking/missing (intersperced with a couple burns on D, I can't say ALL he was doing was missing shots) was incredible. He does this all the time. I don't think he has a solid command of rotations or leadership. And those aren't the totality of his problems. He is a very, very poor choice to have in charge of the best young team in the NBA. For a genius organization, they're ****ing that one up. I'm not positive a Brooks led team can win the title.

Yea it's kind of baffling that Ibaka doesn't play like that.

It kind of like how Pop is sometimes when he over plays certain players when they are doing absolutely nothing, and playing over a guy who had been doing great. Frusturating beyond belief.

Joshtd1
03-27-2012, 03:01 PM
VDN. I used to kinda defend him...but he's been awful this season.

I think Mark Jackson can be alright, but it's not clear that he's made any sort of positive impact...though, his players aren't the greatest. I think Alvin Gentry is very average. Never thought highly of Mike Brown, and he's just not a good fit.

I can't call Scott Brooks the worst. He doesn't get me excited, but he's certainly not holding his team back IMO. He's not a great coach from what I can tell...but worst? No way. Not even close...

I'm not too big a fan of Brown. He is better off as an assistant IMO, but he is more of a defensive coach. Personally think he is lucky to have inherited a team with LBJ, and then the Lakers with Kobe/Gasol/Bynum. Think that team could be much better with a different coach. IMO anyway

I've always thought Gentry was decent. Maybe it's because he outcoached the **** out of Pop in the playoffs couple years back.

justinnum1
03-27-2012, 03:02 PM
has to be VDN

FraziersKnicks
03-27-2012, 03:03 PM
First one that came to mind was Mike Brown. Would've said D'Antoni if he was still our coach. VDN is pretty awful as well.

kdspurman
03-27-2012, 03:03 PM
I think Spolestra has to be up there (not saying he's the worst). You don't really see him motivating his team, or giving them the discipline or tough love those guys might need. You rarely see him doing anything on the side lines. It just seems from an observers view, he lets them run what they want, and doesn't provide a stable game plan.

There's no reason why late in some games, those guys are just running an ISO party out there. At some point, dude has to send a message to his team.

He does seem pretty good at drawing up plays however.

mike44
03-27-2012, 03:06 PM
Larry Drew is pretty terrible.

MeLaPelan!
03-27-2012, 03:07 PM
Mike Brown.

as to why? the proof is in the putting, the guy totally sucks.

Bruno
03-27-2012, 03:12 PM
The LA coaches. and Dantoni before he got fired. I don't think Spolstra or Brooks are that great either.

justinnum1
03-27-2012, 03:14 PM
Spos not great, but he's not bad either.

Shmontaine
03-27-2012, 03:25 PM
Mike Brown.

as to why? the proof is in the putting, the guy totally sucks.

this only proves that mike brown is a bad golfer...

kdspurman
03-27-2012, 03:31 PM

:laugh2:

CudiOnMyiPod
03-27-2012, 03:35 PM
Mike Brown, VDN and Spoelstra all suck.

ThunderousDemon
03-27-2012, 03:52 PM
Mike Brown is the worst head coach because he still has Blake and Murphy in his Rotations.

MeLaPelan!
03-27-2012, 04:07 PM

yeah "pudding" how ever you say that damn phrase, the point is he completely sucks.

BigBlueCrew
03-27-2012, 04:11 PM
Eric Spoelstra, really underachieving with that roster. But then again it is Pat Riley's fault for thinking he could handle the job and the egos

nolafan33
03-27-2012, 04:21 PM
This thread is terrible.

Ebbs
03-27-2012, 04:32 PM
Vinny

xk4
03-27-2012, 04:34 PM
VDN, this season

Spoelstra seems more suited to be an assistant. The team needs a leader and he just stands there with a look on his face like his wife just asked for a divorce.

Brooks isn't the best with plays or rotations, but he's one the of the better motivators.

ManRam
03-27-2012, 04:37 PM
It's impossible for me to rate Spo. I have no idea how good he is. I don't think he's the worst, however.

He might not be maximizing his team's potential right now, but let's see how they do in the playoffs. In the off-season, it was a consensus among fans and haters that the only thing that matters now for the Heat are the playoffs...so I'll judge him then.

5ass
03-27-2012, 04:40 PM
Its Vinny Del Negro IMO at its not even close. He's just a horrible coach.
Spo and brown are not that bad. Atleast they're good at coaching defense.

Method28
03-27-2012, 04:41 PM
Vinny Del Negro never should have been a HC again after his epic Bulls tenure

He115ing
03-27-2012, 04:42 PM

Kind of difficult to agree with you seeing how well Thunder is playing.

He115ing
03-27-2012, 04:44 PM
What about the little general aka Avery Johnson. All he does is yell in a high pitched pimp like voice and the Nets suck right now.

ManRam
03-27-2012, 04:50 PM
What about the little general aka Avery Johnson. All he does is yell in a high pitched pimp like voice and the Nets suck right now.

I've never been a huge Avery fan...but the Nets suck because they have one great player and a bunch of 4th and 5th options. They lack the talent to do well. Maybe another coach could get a little more out of that talent, but it wouldn't be much more...

netsgiantsyanks
03-27-2012, 04:51 PM

that's because the nets suck, not avery johnson.

netsgiantsyanks
03-27-2012, 04:53 PM
jesus couldn't take this nets team to the playoffs. this is the nets starting lineup:

all-star
rookie/role player
all-star who's starting to slow down
a 3rd-4th option at best
crap

bench: crap

netsgiantsyanks
03-27-2012, 04:54 PM
brook lopez' injury came at the worst time possible, if d-will does stay, i'd honestly be surprised.

Ezio
03-27-2012, 05:01 PM
Has to be VDN. But he'll get you the ROY if you get him a top pick.

shep33
03-27-2012, 05:07 PM
Mike Brown is pretty bad, Del Negro too.

UPRock
03-27-2012, 05:14 PM
Yeah Spo is overrated by some, he's not great.

RowBTrice
03-27-2012, 05:22 PM
Vinny Del Negro. The fact that he's still the coach must be completely attributed to the prostitute that Sterling receives advice from.

I agree with VDN.

UKblazers
03-27-2012, 05:58 PM
No way is spoelstra one of the worst, even with wade and scraps they had a top 5 defense. Even Mike Brown is being underrated he's a great defensive coach, look at their bench one could argue Lakers exceeding expectations.

It has to be VDN if only for the fact my high school runs a more sophisticated offense.

LakersA's49ers
03-27-2012, 06:13 PM

youre a joke to this website

LakersA's49ers
03-27-2012, 06:15 PM
btw, i think the worst coach was paul westphal, then he was replaced with keith smart, then i thought it was Mike D'Antoni, and now he's gone, so I'm going to go with Vinny del Negro. How did he even score that job? he wasn't very good in Chicago, and he's doing nothing to get ball movement in that ystem. he's just banking on griffin's knees to hold up. yah VDN is pretty bad

Da Knicks
03-27-2012, 06:20 PM
vinny d present, out of nba mike d if he doesnt have a pg.

ManRam
03-27-2012, 06:21 PM
youre a joke to this website

You could at least tell him why you think he's wrong...that would maybe help your cause. Insults aren't going to make anyone think highly of you or your opinion...

nyanks79
03-27-2012, 06:31 PM
Every time I see people say Dantoni it really makes me laugh. Its like people dont watch the NBA or just believe what they want to. Look around the league. So many teams are running quick heavily floor spread offenses. Especially the good ones. Its getting harder and harder to run iso offenses.

So much of what the Mavs did last year was similar to the Suns. The way that Terry, Barea, and Stephenson would fill the lanes on the break was so much like those Suns teams.

clydebino
03-27-2012, 06:42 PM
If Dantoni had complete control on what players he wants to bring in I don't think he would be in this convo. That being said, Westphal was horse crap