PDA

View Full Version : Compressed Season and Injuries

mRc08
03-27-2012, 12:45 PM
The reason i made this thread was to debate whether or not the compressed NBA season has really caused more injuries. It seems to me that there have been more injuries around the league, however, my bulls have been one of the most effected teams from injuries so it might just seem this way.

What do you guys think?

I couldn't find any statistical breakdown to back up if this season has seen more injuries, but I still believe that overall more teams have had players miss time.

ManRam
03-27-2012, 12:49 PM
A) A lot of these injuries early on probably had something to do with the athletes not coming into the season in shape

B) I read an article a few weeks ago about how injuries haven't actually increased. I tried to find it yesterday because it was brought up again, but couldn't find it. I'll keep looking. It broke things down pretty scientifically...and concluded the rate of injury wasn't actually any higher than the average.

I think we underestimate how many injuries there are every season...and are quick to blame the lockout for everything this season. There may be some truth to it, but I'm not convinced.